PDA

View Full Version : Belkar can't die!

greatscott
2013-02-13, 04:11 PM
He just has to run back to the dungeon entrance dropping loot along the way!

:)

G

On a slightly more serious note...I am going to find Belkar less fun to play in the OOTS game if he kicks it in the comic :(

Vinsfeld
2013-02-18, 04:32 PM
We all knew all along that Belkar was eventually going to die.

But I was not ready for his death. I almost cried when I saw the last strip.
:(

But I still hope he's not dead. I mean, he's a sexy shoeless god of war.

The_Tentacle
2013-02-19, 10:16 PM
He might not die, maybe he'll just turn into a vampire. He would have technically stopped breathing (i don't think vampires breathe, they are undead), and I don't think that Rich would remove Belkar from the comic totally.

Hamiltonz
2013-02-20, 04:33 AM
Belkar's death wont bother me. The game is set in the past and the B man's death wont happen until long after the game has ended. We're not even sure at this point if Belkar actually dies. All we know right now is that Malak intends to turn him into a vampire.

Zelkon
2013-02-23, 05:47 PM
Belkar is my favorite character and the comic will definitely lose appeal if he dies. I can understand why this would kill enthusiasm for the game as well.

Zmeoaice
2013-02-27, 02:50 AM
He might not die, maybe he'll just turn into a vampire. He would have technically stopped breathing (i don't think vampires breathe, they are undead), and I don't think that Rich would remove Belkar from the comic totally.

The Oracle said that Belkar is not long for this world, which implies more than just not breathing. So Belkar is probably going to die. Or at the very most, be put on the planet the Snarl created.

However, he has a couple months left, and this is comic years so it could happen on the penultimate page of the book for all we know.

Skavensrule
2013-03-04, 06:24 AM
However, he has a couple months left, and this is comic years so it could happen on the penultimate page of the book for all we know.

In strip #666 Roy said to Haley that Belkar would not be an issue in less than 7 weeks. I don't remember if the comic has said exactly how much time has passed but they had to cross the ocean and travel with the caravan across the desert since that time.

hamishspence
2013-03-04, 04:47 PM
Around strip 726:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html
which was posted 27/5/2010

roughly two weeks had gone by since Roy's "seven weeks" comment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8569129&postcount=19)

Since then, I think it's been on the order of a week or two- I think someone else may have a precise estimate.

Reddish Mage
2013-03-20, 10:19 AM
The_Tentacle
Re: Belkar can't die!

All the other prophecies have been fulfilled in some unpredictable manner this way. However, the Belkar prophecy feels different to me. I don't think Belkar will go undead, at this point he has already been passed over once, and it runs against the growth of his character to send back down the killing-is-fun dark path. I also don't think that the Giant would remove Belkar from the comic totally, unless he was wrapping it up.

I think the comic too only has a couple of weeks left.

Carl
2013-03-23, 02:49 AM
Rich has stated we've got at least one more book left, maybe 2, and the current one isn't even finished. So where talking >1000 strips minimum, might even make it to 1500 though that's unlikely.

EDIT:

Since then, I think it's been on the order of a week or two- I think someone else may have a precise estimate.

Per this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0842.html) strip it's still only a little over a fortnight, less than 3 weeks, (or Durkon would have said that).

hamishspence
2013-03-23, 07:35 AM
In a desert environment, it's easier to estimate lower limits than upper.

More than a fortnight has gone by since Familicide (which took place at the end of the last book- and two and a bit weeks have gone by since then). But maybe not much more.

Dewani90
2013-04-09, 02:21 PM
Belkar might die, but there is that lil spell called resurrection so he can use heaven/hell's revolving door, the only way to get rid of the Belkster forever is if he sacrifices himself to get someone outta the way of the Snarl claw attack and gets therefore erased from existence

ThePhantasm
2013-05-09, 01:16 PM
Belkar might die, but there is that lil spell called resurrection so he can use heaven/hell's revolving door, the only way to get rid of the Belkster forever is if he sacrifices himself to get someone outta the way of the Snarl claw attack and gets therefore erased from existence

That presumes that someone would actually want to resurrect him.

Also, even if they wanted to resurrect him, they can't really do it without Durkon.

R. Malcovitch
2013-05-15, 02:17 PM
they can't really do it without Durkon.

Plenty of clerics can cast Ressurection. Hinjo had one who tried to ressurect Shojo, for instance.

Roy's comment that Hailey couldn't find one is pretty off base considering that she was in a Azure City pretty much the whole time. Even the cleric of Loki who cured Belkar said he had a scroll of Resurection sitting around.

It's TRUE ressurection that there might not be anyone (other than Redcloak) who can cast it, because Rich hates that spell.

writdown
2013-05-17, 05:12 AM
Did anyone else notice in the end of strip 886 that Belkar is standing next to Elan, red headed bead, and Roy. Eyes all a tranced out. Then strip 887 what the hell kinda spell did they unleash with the death of that Lich so close to a gate er snarl? on another note Elan's observation could have been a bad throw of the dice. In summation Belkar is not dead..... yet. :smallamused: