PDA

View Full Version : Sprinting Turtle of Doom!

Paragon468
2013-02-13, 05:47 PM
I'm sure this has been done before, but what is the most unusual or funny character you have ever played?

I'm playing an Elf Druid who always remains in the shape of a tortoise. Elven base speed is 7 squares, and the Primal Predator class feature increases his speed by 1 when wearing light armor. 8 squares makes him MUCH faster than any other player.

The funny part is that he's never shown himself in Elf form, and he's never spoken. So all of the other characters think he's the Ranger's abnormally-speedy animal companion :P

Badgerish
2013-02-15, 04:49 AM
A medium-sized (e.g. great dane), speed 8 Tortoise. :smalleek:

I'm imagining it rolling to move, rather than walking, for some reason.

Either that or make it smaller with realllllly long legs. Spider-tortoise!

Erik Vale
2013-02-15, 04:58 AM
[Heroes]

A Teleporter in a medium/low magic world that was essentially a 16 person truck. 300 KM [187.5 miles] a day if he can sleep all of the next [devise as needed, 100km with a normal nights sleep]. So in addition to bringing murderhoboes into heavily fortified castles like walls didn't exist, he then brought the healed murderhobos to the next one tommowrow.

ArcturusV
2013-02-15, 05:19 AM
Unusual or funny... Hmm...

I guess it would be a Sigvirion from SFB's PD RPG. Sigvirions are Sentient Viruses with equivalent technology to the rest of the galaxy, who operate through hosts they infect. I ported the idea into a fantasy game with some DM approval.

People thought that I was just someone who had REALLY bad luck because I would arrange for my hosts to "die" regularly with the DM, and infect a new character. Always something that looked accidental like a guy getting shanked in a barfight, falling off a cliff while hiking up the mountain to the Ruined Tower we were exploring, etc. I'd spot NPCs we interacted with during the adventure and tell the DM I was infecting them. Then take that NPC up as a PC next session after killing off my last character.

It wasn't "Funny" but it was unusual. Least to my experience. DM and I got really creative with how we worked it. Players didn't catch on to what was going on until about 20 sessions in when my Sigvirion slipped up and basically revealed he knew information from past, dead characters that my current host body had no way of knowing about.

ZeroGear
2013-02-17, 02:06 PM
My chaotic good Warlock/Clelric of Halal/Eldrich Deciple named Lycerg. Halal is the draconic goddess of humor. His weapon is an enchanted, intelligent shovel named Goldseeker, who is very greedy. Lycrg...has no sense of direction and can get lost even in a straight line.

MrLemon
2013-02-17, 02:29 PM
My current Pathfinder Bard Qhasim, son of Djofar, son of Akhramat uses Perform (Oratory) to tell everyone about his grandfather, Akhramat the Splendid/Great/Elvenfriend/Knowledgeable/Curious/Tinkerer/Adaptable, who did all sorts of adventurous stuff in his days.

Tricking the masters of the void over a game of Osirian Chess? Check. Killing the seven-headed yeti and thereby gaining honorary membership of the tengu race? check.
The reason the dwarfs left the underground? You guessed it.

Arbane
2013-02-17, 04:11 PM
I guess it would be a Sigvirion from SFB's PD RPG.

I'm going to take a wild guess, and translate that as "Star Fleet Battle's Prime Directive Role-Playing Game". Is that right?

ArcturusV
2013-02-17, 05:27 PM
Indeed Arbane.

DigoDragon
2013-02-19, 08:47 AM
Unusual-but-fun characters are my specialty. :smallbiggrin:

My top three favs (in no particular order):

Moroni the purple dragon - He was about the size of a fully grown mustang with the strength of an elephant and the demenor of a housecat (One PC found out Moroni will indeed chase laser pointers). Unlike the classical D&D view of dragons, Moroni was pretty simple minded. He loved human food and his method of combat was to find the heaviest thing he could lift and throw it (occasionally this turned out to be another PC). He was the only dragon known to have successfully sneak-attacked Magneto with a vehicle.

The Great & Powerful Trixie - Short lived, but yes I did play a variant of the magical unicorn from the My Little Pony cartoon series. Trapped in the human world, my version of Trixie was inspired by the comic hero Booster Gold. She took up a vigilante career, defeating villains just to get in the lime-line of the news reporters. I totally hammed up the RP and got the other players laughing.

Keith the Kender - I played a Kender once, but he may have been one of the only ones to ever be liked by the party. This rogue gladly sprung traps and took the damage for the team. He did occasionally steal from the party, but after a short time the fighter started using him like a golf caddy ("Keith, hand me my FlameTongue!") and this surprisingly worked! Soon everyone joined in and Keith would become the party "footlocker". He even fetched weapons a party member might have dropped during combat so that they weren't lost or taken by the enemy.

Jan Mattys
2013-02-19, 01:10 PM
Keith the Kender - I played a Kender once, but he may have been one of the only ones to ever be liked by the party. This rogue gladly sprung traps and took the damage for the team. He did occasionally steal from the party, but after a short time the fighter started using him like a golf caddy ("Keith, hand me my FlameTongue!") and this surprisingly worked! Soon everyone joined in and Keith would become the party "footlocker". He even fetched weapons a party member might have dropped during combat so that they weren't lost or taken by the enemy.

That is awesome :smallbiggrin: