PDA

View Full Version : Pledge Drive Cameo

rgrekejin
2013-02-14, 01:15 PM
So, we know that someone pledged for the walk-on cameo option on the Kickstarter last year. Does anyone know if the cameo has occurred yet? I don't think it has, what with the hand injury sidelining Rich for so long, and most of the recent comics featuring characters that we've known for some time. However, I also have an exceedingly poor memory with respect to what strips came out when, so if the cameo occurred shortly after the end of the pledge drive, I may have missed it. I mean, the Azure City Resistance was getting crushed sometime around when the pledge drive ended, right? There's a lot of dead bodies there that could have been cameos.

CoffeeIncluded
2013-02-14, 01:17 PM
Nah, I think Rich would let us know which strip has the cameo when it appears.

NerdyKris
2013-02-14, 03:27 PM
It's doubtful. The Azure city resistance falling was either characters we've definitely seen before or VERY generic elves and soildiers. A walk on cameo would be worthless without some mention of the character's name. Also, unlikely that the person who won had a character who wore blue and had Japanese influenced weapons.

The next scene we saw with them was the basic Azure city soldier, so not even remotely likely there.

The only other new characters were the plane of Ranch Dressing dweller and brave Sir Thumb. So no. We'll probably be told in comic or at the bottom of the comic when it occurs. It will most likely be recognizable. You would want to at least call attention to the character, even if it's just to ask for directions or bump into him.

Gift Jeraff
2013-02-14, 03:37 PM
The Kickstarter was announced a few strips after the Resistance got crushed.

SaintRidley
2013-02-14, 03:41 PM
Perhaps Rich's thumb bought the cameo?

Kidding.

rgrekejin
2013-02-14, 03:59 PM
The Kickstarter was announced a few strips after the Resistance got crushed.

Ah. Well, that answers that. Thank you.

Shred-Bot
2013-02-14, 07:22 PM
Perhaps Rich's thumb bought the cameo?

Kidding.

More likely that than a hellhound, I gather.:smallbiggrin:

Kish
2013-02-14, 07:30 PM
Maybe it was bought by someone with the screen name TheHellhound.

The Giant
2013-02-14, 07:56 PM
The cameo hasn't happened. When I offered it, I had a specific (future) scene in mind that it will be easy to insert a character into, and we haven't gotten there yet. I've been in touch with the purchaser and they know that the comic is running way behind. When it happens, I will almost certainly mention it in the News.