PDA

View Full Version : Need Campaign Input-PF Rules

Kaveman26
2013-02-14, 02:03 PM
So my traditional gaming group has in essence moved on and now rarely get together to play. A stalwart member of my gaming circle is looking to put something together for his nephews and brother. I volunteered to run a homebrewed adventure that I took part in as a player. I wrote a recap for that campaign on these forums the link to which is below...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244374

I now find myself in the position of running a similiar adventure in the Pathfinder Rules Settings for a fresher group of players. They have never really done anything other than one-off sessions and are inexperienced except for their uncle. I am leaning towards this adventure more because it eliminates some of the excessive aspects of the game. It is all centric to a confined location and there is no need to worry about equipment selection.

For purposes of this adventure I am pre-generating a pool of PC's and having them play pre-prepped characters. This should let them focus on the game without being bogged down with character desicions.

What I am looking for here is advice and feedback for the structure of the encounters and plot itself. I would highly suggest reading the above linked thread as it is a good representation of the adventure. As a short summary...

The characters are property of a Gladiator Academy...Mistress Jezebel's House of Pain. Mistress Jezebel is a half drow wizard and slaveowner, her exhibitions are crowd pleasers and immensely popular. Her right hand man and principal captain is a sadistic dandy...a monk called Benedict. Impeccably dressed and equally ruthless and brutal.

The characters have a simple objective...escape and stay escaped.

Alienist
2013-02-14, 02:58 PM
Given a similar situation (caught in an arena style scenario) one of the things I would have liked to do is to showcase my talents, but the DM cut-screened it to 'save us' when in fact we didn't need saving, since I had stuff up my sleeve.

Since you're pregenning the characters, make sure to include a little story about how they won a recent (or notable) fight.

eg if a barbarian, describe how they start frothing at the mouth and raging, how this gives them super strength, how they beat the crap out of the enemy, how when the rage wore off they collapsed, near death.

eg if a wizard describe how they confidently step out onto the sands, make some arcane gestures and speak words of power, to put the opponent to sleep, but the opponent shrugs it off! (makes their save) And charges towards the wizard! The wizard tries again, and the beast crashes to a halt at his feet. Phew! Now the wizard hurries out to get his robe laundered.