PDA

View Full Version : Far Realm Warlocks?

silverwolfer
2013-02-14, 08:17 PM
So 4e has star pack warlocks, which I sort of assume are far realm things that leave in the sky?

Would that be conceivable as a power source for our 3.5 E warlocks?

Gildedragon
2013-02-14, 08:43 PM
No reason for it not to work. The fiendish heritage stuff is mostly fluff; change what few instances there are where it makes crunch reference to Evil Outsiders to Aberrations

Santra
2013-02-14, 08:45 PM
So 4e has star pack warlocks, which I sort of assume are far realm things that leave in the sky?

Yes but that is not saying much. You could argue pretty much any bloodline being workable with the core interpretation of warlock. It is one of those classes that can be re-fluffed easily.

The Aberation Blood feats from Lords of Madness work well with the far realm concept. Not to mention that Inhuman reach is useful to a glaivelock.

nedz
2013-02-14, 09:11 PM
You could claim that your Warlock gains his powers by means of his awesome sixpack for all the rules care. So go with Starpack/Far Realms whatever.

Gildedragon
2013-02-14, 09:16 PM
You could claim that your Warlock gains his powers by means of his awesome sixpack for all the rules care. So go with Starpack/Far Realms whatever.

Hey it's the sixpack that gives the warlock a high cha score.

Santra
2013-02-14, 09:36 PM

So the Warlock would be the TRUE muscle wizard? Would you fire your your eldritch blast from your abdominal with a pelvic thrust?

silverwolfer
2013-02-14, 09:57 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/123/8/b/strong_pelvic_thrust_by_genshihebi-d3fhouj.gif

Surfnerd
2013-02-14, 11:06 PM
Wow.... I watched that eldritch thrust for far too long....

tadkins
2013-02-14, 11:16 PM
Wow.... I watched that eldritch thrust for far too long....

...Yes, ditto.

Feralventas
2013-02-15, 02:16 AM

Warlocks in 3.5 never really got enough support to be able to fluff warlocks past their original content in Complete Arcane and a few other splat books. However, there are Far Realm character options you can take in addition to the Warlock Class levels, so as to achieve both at once.

Look in Lords of Madness for Aberrant feats to supplement your mad bid for power, perhaps part of the contract being that you'll gradually lose your humanity for it.

GenericMook
2013-02-15, 03:02 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/123/8/b/strong_pelvic_thrust_by_genshihebi-d3fhouj.gif

So that's why they call it Eldritch Doom...

only1doug
2013-02-15, 03:09 AM
as others have said, you can re-fluff the warlock really easily to just about any energy source.

My Warlock (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=8813) in the Low Tier Test game is powered by shadows.

Socratov
2013-02-15, 09:21 AM
Well indeed you could. The warlock is out of the box mostly demon/devil themed (baleful utterance, some invocations referencing devils/demons, fiendish resilience), but if you change the name and if appliccable the DR circumvention types (cold iron/silver switharounds) you get there without altering the powerbase and taking up a completely new theme.

for example the six-pack flavor:

fiendish resilience; glorious abs: DR/silver your abs are so glamorous they can only be cut by an equally shiny weapon
Baleful utterance; Shine of the Magnificent Pecs: By baring and flexing your six-pack you shatter objects as part of swooning reality into breaking itself.
Devil's foresight; Gut Feeling: Not only have you magnificent abs they also are a trusty advisor twitching whenever something dangerous is about to happen
Chilling tentacles; Fonzie's six-pack: You are so cool reality just practices hentai when it sees them, on a side effect you exude an aura of cool dealing cold damage.
Eldritch Blast; Blasts of sexiness:Your perfect abs are so sexy it hurts

Shapes like eldritch Spear and chain; Great foundation: Everybody into sculpting his body knows that the pectoral muscles are the basis for any upper-body movements allowing for more control over your movements (pick one of the following additions: you can use the built up tension in your sotmach to shoot further//by moving hips and stomach you can generate a chainlike effect while shooting your blasts)

And I've only just started :smallwink::smallamused:

Actually, this would be a great theme for a warlock to operate on (blinding abs (blind), nauseating jealousy(nauseated), dazzeling perfection (daze/confused), Fear of the powerful (the before frightful blast), what have you)

Psyren
2013-02-15, 01:05 PM
A Binder with Zceryll would be a more accurate "Star-Pact Warlock" than anything the actual Warlock class could do, imo.