PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Two-handed Fighter with Naginata ?

saikais
2013-02-14, 08:42 PM
I wanted to know if it was possible for the fighter archtype Two-handed fighter, to use a Naginata as his 2 handed weapon. Because in the description of the class it's say massive and heavy weapon and Naginata is not really that.

Thanks for helping me
and sorry for my mistake

AttilaTheGeek
2013-02-15, 06:46 AM
I'm not familiar with the Naginata, but if it's a two-handed weapon, then there should be no reason why not. If it's a 1H weapon, but its description mentions it's particularly large and heavy, then you could probably get your GM to rule it in your favor. Some weapons, like a Bastard Sword, can be wielded 1H or 2H.

Xerxus
2013-02-15, 08:12 AM
The Naginata is definitely a twohanded weapon. However, it is probably a better idea to go for the polearm master archetype, since it is more suitable for reach weapons in my opinion. Unless you just want to deal a lot of damage, in which case the twohanded fighter is the ultimate archetype.

gartius
2013-02-15, 12:43 PM
while the naginata is a two handed weapon, make sure to pay the feat for proficiency to be able to use it without penalty (apparently eastern weapons don't count towards martial prof. see samurai for proof)

SamBurke
2013-02-15, 12:53 PM
Don't pay the feat, that's a trap. I'd use Heirloom Weapon, the trait, to get it.