PDA

View Full Version : concealment

elonin
2013-02-14, 09:28 PM
How does someone get non-magical concealment in the dark against someone with dark vision? I'm aware that hiding in crowds or behind a corner or rock etc. Magic also works though there must be a non-magical answer to this question.

Also, does dark vision counter versus the darkness version of hide in plain sight? I had a dm rule that if hips worked against darkvision that would be too powerful.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-14, 09:33 PM
How does someone get non-magical concealment in the dark against someone with dark vision? I'm aware that hiding in crowds or behind a corner or rock etc. Magic also works though there must be a non-magical answer to this question.

Smokesticks are a pretty simple one. Fog type spells (Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Solid Fog, etc). Even if you can see in the dark, a big ol' cloud still makes it hard to see anything.

Also, Pyrotechnics spell and use the "Smoke Cloud" use of it.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-14, 09:37 PM
Shrouded Dance, a skill trick from Complete Scoundrel, does something like this, but is maybe not the best solution, as it works only once per encounter, and is of limited duration IIRC.

I think there may be a reserve feat that does something like this, but that is pretty much magic.

Gloom Strike ambush feat from Drow of the Underdark might be worth looking at. Not easy to get without drow or a level in warlock, though.

andromax
2013-02-14, 09:42 PM
I believe there's a substance or spell that grants you invisibility vs dark vision, but they could still see you with their normal vision.. I'll see if I can't find it.
Ring of the darkhidden is one way.