PDA

View Full Version : Need some help pricing Some Dragon Eggs.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 11:07 PM
Okay, I remeber reading somewhere that a Red Dragon Egg costs somewhere around 20K or such, Does anyone have a good Ballpark for Dragon eggs in general?

And No, Draconomicon does NOT have prices.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-14, 11:10 PM
Price them based upon the rarity in your game. I think 20k would be the price in a very dragon heavy game.

Saito Takuji
2013-02-14, 11:12 PM
not sure where that was, but for the standard chromatic and metalic eggs, would likeley be around the same price, mabey even for the gem dragons, the other ones not so sure how to figure it out, but could be based off of the abilities the hatchlings would have, something simmilar to how a magic item would be priced.

hmm this gives me an idea for a magical item, an all-dragon(type) egg omlette, no idea what it would do tho, could type it out different ways, chromatic, metalic, gem. based off of subtype, ect.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 11:14 PM
I'm not the Dm, and I'm attempting to find a good price for some, with RAW, Because I'm pretty sure If I can find it, I can buy it.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-14, 11:18 PM
Theller's Argauneau
Necromancy
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Touch
Target: One red dragon egg
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour/level (see text)
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No (object)

You drain the life energy from a red dragon egg and absorb it into yourself, which may be used for several purposes.

Healing: Heal 5d6 points of damage as if a cure spell were cast on you. This has an instantaneous duration.

Ability Boost: +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, Constitution, and Charisma, lasting 1 hour per caster level.

Refresh Spell: Regain one cast spell or used spell slot of any level you can cast, similar to a pearl of power except that bards, sorcerers, and similar casters can also benefit from it. This has an instantaneous duration.

A dragon egg is treated as an object, not a creature, and it does not get a saving throw against the spell unless it is in the possession of a creature (and therefore uses the normal saving throw rules for objects in the possession of a creature). If you are not a creature of the type "dragon," you must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw (DC 14) when you cast this spell; failure means you gain no benefit from the spell, take 3d6 points of damage, and are nauseated for 1 round from the sudden influx of incompatible life energy.

Material Component: A red dragon egg containing a living red dragon embryo, worth 2,000 gp.

Emphasis mine. This suggests that a red dragon egg can be worth as little as 2000 or less.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 11:20 PM
And you, As a DM, Would let a group of 3rd Level characters have a Wyrmling Red Dragon? I would pray not.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-14, 11:24 PM
Not a chance unless a series of completely circumstantial events led up to them finding one.

shaikujin
2013-02-15, 08:01 AM
Material Component: A red dragon egg containing a living red dragon embryo, worth 2,000 gp.

Emphasis mine. This suggests that a red dragon egg can be worth as little as 2000 or less.

Nice find!

The only other place I can remember is from the 3.0 Arms and Equipment Guide pg 85.

Price of dragon egg starts from 10,000.
Training costs start from 5,000.
You might also need to provide your dragon with treasure worth 1,000 per HD.