PDA

View Full Version : Goliath Spellthief

sambouchah
2013-02-15, 02:12 AM
So I was searching through races of stone earlier and I saw Goliaths. I would enjoy playing something like it but I also really want to play a spellthief. Any suggestions on making it work?

Cranthis
2013-02-15, 02:16 AM
Use strength as a dump stat, make your dex as high as possible because of your minus. Other than that, just read the spellthief handbook on the internet.

Bakkan
2013-02-15, 03:54 AM
Hmm, I think I'd go the other way. Get a two-handed weapon, Power Attack, and Craven. Do damage and steal the spells. I don't recall if Craven will work if you reduce your SA dice to 0 by stealing spells, but I think it does.

Cranthis
2013-02-15, 04:20 AM
Hmm, I think I'd go the other way. Get a two-handed weapon, Power Attack, and Craven. Do damage and steal the spells. I don't recall if Craven will work if you reduce your SA dice to 0 by stealing spells, but I think it does.

That is also a good option. Either way, you want to make sure you have a flanking buddy.

sambouchah
2013-02-15, 10:49 PM
That is also a good option. Either way, you want to make sure you have a flanking buddy.

We do a floating roll(4d6 disregard the lowest) and I got two 18s. so the scores are
Str:14
Dex:16
Con:16
Int:18
Wis:10
Cha:16

I was planning on feinting but remembered that it's a standard action isn't it? But my flanking buddy is the barbarian(who is four levels higher then me).

Also why does a Goliath have LA? I don't see why but then again it could be like the tier system and everyone's hatred of my druid characters.

Flickerdart
2013-02-15, 10:51 PM
Also why does a Goliath have LA?
Powerful Build is quite a useful ability; it's basically like being Large but you can still fit into spaces built for normal people. Goliath is one of the few LA>0 races that isn't a bad tradeoff.

sambouchah
2013-02-15, 10:55 PM
Powerful Build is quite a useful ability; it's basically like being Large but you can still fit into spaces built for normal people. Goliath is one of the few LA>0 races that isn't a bad tradeoff.

I suppose it's the same reason for half-giants as well?

Asteron
2013-02-15, 11:11 PM
I suppose it's the same reason for half-giants as well?

Essentially, although half-giants have psionic mechanics with them.