PDA

View Full Version : Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Mystic Muse
2013-02-15, 02:18 AM
Well, I decided to watch this movie tonight, and I've got to say...

I actually liked it. I mean, I wouldn't say it was objectively good, but I thought it was pretty entertaining for what it is. I was actually expecting it to be much worse. It's pretty dumb in points, but the protagonists are actually likable, and the clowns are, to a degree, kind of scary looking.

Main reason I decided to take a look at it was because of CR's "Killer Klowns Versus Killer Tomatoes" Familiar Faces video.

And that's about all I can think of to say at the moment.

SiuiS
2013-02-15, 04:11 AM
Klown was spelled with a K?

Loved that movie. I was 6 when I first saw it though, so bendy straw vampire cannibal alien carnival attractions were awesome, objectively, in the Magog sense.

Scowling Dragon
2013-02-15, 06:13 AM
Its exactly what it says on the tin. Its hilarious how people aren't freaked out by aliens that look like the devil of the devil.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-15, 06:00 PM
I think the best thing about this movie is that it's a really good cure for people who are afraid of clowns. No grown person is going to be afraid of a clown after seeing this.

Klown was spelled with a K?

Yes. Yes it was. :smallamused:

Mordar
2013-02-15, 06:45 PM
I seem to recall a mid/late 1980s VHS double-feature of KKfOS and The Stuff at my friend John's house.

Which is worse...the cotton candy cocoon, or digestion by the mother of all pro-biotic masses?

- M

Dienekes
2013-02-15, 07:53 PM
Saw this a couple of Halloweens ago for our joke horror movie. I enjoyed it, but I have to admit I disagree with the OP on a few things. The Klowns were not scary looking, at all. And the protagonists weren't all that interesting. I remember the two guys with the ice cream truck as particularly annoying.

JoshL
2013-02-15, 09:04 PM
Haven't seen this one since high school, but I remember enjoying it. The whole movie seemed to be one long "sure, why not!" Not one of the bad/campy movies that have stuck with me over the years, but a fun movie.

That said, the whole "killer clown" thing definitely got overplayed (thanks, ICP) to the point where it's hard to do creepy clowns without just seeming like you aren't trying very hard.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-16, 12:36 AM
Saw this a couple of Halloweens ago for our joke horror movie. I enjoyed it, but I have to admit I disagree with the OP on a few things. The Klowns were not scary looking, at all. Well, they weren't that scary, but I thought a few looked kinda creepy.

And the protagonists weren't all that interesting. I remember the two guys with the ice cream truck as particularly annoying.

Yeah, they were annoying. I guess I was just expecting a lot worse.

Bhu
2013-02-16, 12:44 AM
It's getting a sequel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

Mystic Muse
2013-02-16, 12:54 AM
It's getting a sequel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

I'll believe it when there's more to it. Until there's a fair amount of info with it, including a release date, I'm just going to assume it's going to be stuck in development hell.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-16, 12:57 AM
Such a movie exists?:smallredface::smallyuk::smallwink::smallto ngue::smallamused:

Fjolnir
2013-02-16, 01:11 AM
One of the best bad horror flicks I have ever seen, some parts are goofy, some aspects are seriously scary at times (shadow puppet t-rex) but the characters show the right level of seriousness when it needed to be done.

Fri
2013-02-16, 06:46 AM
I think the best thing about this movie is that it's a really good cure for people who are afraid of clowns. No grown person is going to be afraid of a clown after seeing this.

I think this movie IS the reason why I have any fear of clown at all.

Starbuck_II
2013-02-16, 10:08 AM

Actually, this movie and IT are good poster childs for being afraid of clowns.

Thrawn183
2013-02-16, 01:00 PM
This movie scared the pants off me when I was a kid. I kind of want to rewatch it as an adult, just to see what it really was.

Somewhere
2013-02-16, 02:34 PM
I think this movie IS the reason why I have any fear of clown at all.

This. Exactly this.

Jahkaivah
2013-02-16, 11:02 PM
Dat guitar riff. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXLGUthofto)

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-17, 08:54 AM
Actually, this movie and IT are good poster childs for being afraid of clowns.

This movie is nowhere near the same level as IT. Now THAT was a scary clown movie!

This movie scared the pants off me when I was a kid. I kind of want to rewatch it as an adult, just to see what it really was.

Do it. You'll LYAO.

Scowling Dragon
2013-02-17, 12:43 PM
This movie is nowhere near the same level as IT. Now THAT was a scary clown movie!

THEY FLOAT! OH YEEES THEY FLOAAAAAT!

Pff. IT wasn't a scary clown movie. It was a awesome Tim Curry movie with a bunch of pointless side characters.

Caesar
2013-02-17, 04:20 PM
I seem to recall a mid/late 1980s VHS double-feature of KKfOS and The Stuff at my friend John's house.

Which is worse...the cotton candy cocoon, or digestion by the mother of all pro-biotic masses?

- M

Both of these movies are equally awesome, and by equally I mean The Stuff was better but the Klowns had the extra Kitsch points.

As far as clowns being scary tho, I'ld have to give top points to 'Poltergeist'.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-24, 07:46 PM

If you want to keep your image of it as a scary movie, don't watch it again. if you wanna laugh for days at thinking it was scary, rent it today.

I saw this movie when I was like 7 or 8, and it scared the pee outta me. Then I decided to talk my friends into watching it last year, when we were 20. I don't think we even made it all the way through, because everyone was laughing to hard to pay attention.

Kato
2013-02-25, 07:14 AM
I think I really need to watch this movie... next time I feel like watching something really, really, stupid.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-25, 07:29 AM
I think I really need to watch this movie... next time I feel like watching something really, really, stupid.

It is really, really stupid, but it's the good kind of really really stupid. :smallbiggrin: