PDA

View Full Version : One ability score to cast them all

Newoblivion
2013-02-15, 03:29 AM
Is it possible to switch from cha to int as a Sorc? or from int to wis as a Wizard? I googled it and only found a weird@ss feat from 3.0e.

Silva Stormrage
2013-02-15, 03:32 AM
To my knowledge no you can not. Dynamic Priest lets clerics casts with charisma for some things though. I believe it impacts everything but save dcs.

only1doug
2013-02-15, 04:18 AM
If you are looking for arcane + divine from a single stat there are 2 ways I know of two do so:

Wizard + Archaivist (Int based)

Sorcerer + Favoured Soul (Cha Based)

Newoblivion
2013-02-15, 04:23 AM
If you are looking for arcane + divine from a single stat there are 2 ways I know of two do so:

Wizard + Archaivist (Int based)

Sorcerer + Favoured Soul (Cha Based)

Thought more about something like ultimate magus (sorc/wiz) based on one ability score.

Golden Ladybug
2013-02-15, 04:30 AM
I've heard tell of a 3rd party feat called "Lost Traditions" hailing from Green Ronin's Bastards and Bloodlines (IIRC). It allows casters to change their casting stat at the cost of a feat, and I believe it even changes save DCs (most effects such as this don't, such as Dynamic Priest).

Since its 3rd Party, there's no telling how well accepted it'd be at your table, but you never know?

Averis Vol
2013-02-15, 04:41 AM
I've heard tell of a 3rd party feat called "Lost Traditions" hailing from Green Ronin's Bastards and Bloodlines (IIRC). It allows casters to change their casting stat at the cost of a feat, and I believe it even changes save DCs (most effects such as this don't, such as Dynamic Priest).

Since its 3rd Party, there's no telling how well accepted it'd be at your table, but you never know?

You would be correct in this guess. Sadly I have nothing to add, I just wanted to confirm your words.

Newoblivion
2013-02-15, 04:56 AM

My DM will allow it because I want to transfer the Shadowcaster's need for 19 int to cha. I am not using it to break the game.

Edit: I should transder the cha to int when I think about it. So I will get more skill points :smalltongue:

Gildedragon
2013-02-15, 04:59 AM
Or move the 19 to dex and go illumian! Cast with your AC

ahenobarbi
2013-02-15, 04:59 AM
Borrowed from this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169296)
LOST TRADITION [GENERAL]
You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition.
Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again.
For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

Go human, use Condition as casting stat for both of your classes :smallcool:

Jeff the Green
2013-02-15, 05:00 AM
Thought more about something like ultimate magus (sorc/wiz) based on one ability score.

Not really. That's one of the reasons the main recommended entrance for UM is Beguiler 1/Wizard 4. (The other is that Versatile Caster actually gives a Beguiler you spells of a higher level than you can normally cast, rather than just slots like a Sorcerer.)

The other option is an Urrkrau/Aeshkrau Illumian, but only if A) you were planning on having high Dex or Str anyway and B) you plan on using spells with DCs from only one class. This also has the handy benefit of allowing you to progress Wizard casting all 10 levels of Ultimate Magus.

Sayt
2013-02-15, 07:00 AM
Wild-blooded Empyreal Sorcerers from Pathfinder cast off of wisdom, and so can pair with cleric.

Firest Kathon
2013-02-15, 08:25 AM
Wild-blooded Empyreal Sorcerers from Pathfinder cast off of wisdom, and so can pair with cleric.
And the Wild-Blooded Sage Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage) gives you sorcerer casting with Int.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-15, 09:53 AM

Noooooooooo, it's always me that starts mention of this feat when this topic comes up every third day! I have been usurped!

Zubrowka74
2013-02-15, 10:00 AM
And the Wild-Blooded Sage Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage) gives you sorcerer casting with Int.

And the vanilla Oracle is CHA based casting so can be paired with the Sorc without any feat or ability lost.

Newoblivion
2013-02-15, 01:15 PM
Yay! My DM approved it! domain wizard and shadowcaster both based only on Int! This is the most OP combo ever in the multiverse! :smalltongue:

Alienist
2013-02-16, 12:16 AM
Also Dread Necro and Sorc both cast off Cha?

Sugashane
2013-02-16, 01:46 AM

Then do Sorcerer/Sha'ir (Dragon Compendium) and both will cast off CHA. Sha'ir can also let you cast divine spells, given enough time.

Edit- Reading further would have served me well. Ok, that was food for thought then. :smallbiggrin: