PDA

View Full Version : Dm Help: Level 4 gear for a pally?

silverwolfer
2013-02-15, 03:01 PM
We lost a player in one of my games, so we recruited someone else, and i want to sort of speed him along in the creation process so we can get going again.

What sort of things should a heavy armored holy warrior have at level 4?

Xerxus
2013-02-15, 03:19 PM
We lost a player in one of my games, so we recruited someone else, and i want to sort of speed him along in the creation process so we can get going again.

What sort of things should a heavy armored holy warrior have at level 4?

+1 longsword, +1 fullplate, +1 heavy shield.

Silvanoshei
2013-02-15, 04:04 PM
He should have a +1 Greatsword minimum, and power attack if he actually wants to contribute DPS or functionality of any sort.

elvengunner69
2013-02-15, 04:18 PM
+1 Ring of Protection -- I'd go +1 Great Sword instead of a Long Sword unless he wants a shield

Sylthia
2013-02-16, 03:57 AM
A level 4 for Pathfinder should have about 6000 GP worth of stuff. It might be different for 3.5, but I don't have my PHB with me. As others have stated, you should have a +1 weapon of some sort, depending on if you want a shield or not. +1 full-plate most likely, unless you have the sort of Dex that would lead to lighter armor. I'd throw in a +1 Cloak of Res and maybe a +1 Ring of Prot. I think you should be able to afford that with the allotted gold, but I don't have the exact numbers on me.

Greenish
2013-02-16, 07:33 AM
I would save some money and just take a masterwork weapon. If he needs a magic weapon to hit incorporeal or pierce DR, well, he can cast Magic Weapon. Instead, Steadfast Boots or Anklets of Translocation could give decent mileage for just 1,400 gp.

Oh, and Least Crystal of Return is Quick Draw for a given weapon for just 300 gp.