PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Warehouse

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 01:57 PM
In the slums, an old, long abandoned warehouse stands. It is still sturdy, but vacant and filled with dust, smoke, and is rumored to be haunted. It has two stories and a basement, but is far wider than it is tall.
This warehouse is always identical in appearance to the one beside it, and the door to this warehouse very very carefully transports you to the other. It is nigh impossible to notice either effect.

In a shimmering of darkness, nine black-robed figures appear.
We all have our tasks. Let us proceed with them.
Each figure bows, and moves to seperate parts of the warehouse. They seem to work spells, powers, and examine and plot out the entire warehouse. Their work takes them long hours...

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:12 PM
Zetrax walks into the warehouse, clearly not knowing what's going on inside. He doesn't even notice the figures moving in the darkness.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:12 PM
The figures, being the types of people they are, all seem to fade away and vanish as Zetrax enters, some even before he enters.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:16 PM
Zetrax leaps to the rafters and proceeds to entertain himself by slicing passing bugs into multiple pieces.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 02:19 PM
((I sense deviousness. What are you up to now Earin?))
((Oh, and where is the secret ninja base?))

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:20 PM
Telepathic voices swiftly dart from one mind to another.
Who is intruding here? Should I kill him?
He is interefering.
We can't risk detection, we shouldn't kill him.
If we can't risk detection, then shouldn't we kill him to silence him?
Listen to Ythle, wait and let him be. It is the best option for our given situation.
The telepathic voices quiet and wait.
((This is my plot come to ground at last, and this will be the base later))

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:23 PM
((Ooooh, spooky!))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 02:25 PM
((Cool. Though I was half expecting you to say "NEVAH!"))

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:27 PM
I am all for not killing him, but we have goals to achieve. Shall one of us distract him?
I will provide...
...very well. Ythle, do as you will.
I'll need assistance... Kazail?
What do you need?
Just a runner. Go.
A shadowy figure drops from the rafters, almost from right next to Zetrax. It hits the ground hard, limps a little, and then staggers out to the streets as if frightened.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:29 PM
Zetrax stops in his joyous pastime (of slicing bugs into multiple pieces) and leaps down from the rafters. He walks over to the door and peers out at the limping figure.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:32 PM
It seems to be a young man, with tattered clothing and frightened eyes. He is favoring one foot.
"I didin' mean to! I though' tha' place were abando'ed I didin' mean nothin' by it!"
He raises his hands in fear.
You're just toying with me now, aren't you, Ythle?
You're doing fine on your own.
This won't get him to leave though.
That can be taken care of.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:34 PM
Zetrax raises an eyebrow. "What did you do, to be so afraid of discovery?" he asks quizzically.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:37 PM
"I jes' nee'ed somewhere 'te sleep! I weren't trespassin' on purpose, hones'!"
He cowers.
And what will you do?
Patience...

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:40 PM
"I'm not going to hurt you, just calm down." Zetrax says to the man.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:45 PM
Act. Now.
The man is just about to calm down when a burly figure walks up an snatches his arm.
This where you ran off to, eh?
"I tol' you it wasn' my faul'!"
The nameless man looks at Zetrax pleadingly.
Not my problem. The boss wants to talk to you.
The burly man begins to drag the guy off, then looks at Zetrax.
You didn't see anything, you hear?
"I didn' do it! Don' le' him take me away!"

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:49 PM
"And what if I did see something? What are you going to do about it?" Zetrax asks the burly figure.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 02:49 PM
"And what if I did see something? What are you going to do about it?" Zetrax asks the burly figure.

((He will make you fear the Sneakiness of Earin.))

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:50 PM
I suggest you don't see anything.
The man cracks his knuckles and begins to drag the man off.
((To the slums thread!))
[hr]
A man in black robes slowly fades into existance. He concnetrates while another man appears, weaving complex patterns through the air.
They both finish and smile.
Very clever, Ythle.
It is my duty.
((This warehouse is now always identical in appearance to the one beside it, and the door to this warehouse very very carefully transports you to the other. It is nigh impossible to notice either effect))

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 10:55 AM
Eventually the preparations are finished, and the warehouse has been transformed into a covert base of operations. A small teleporter is in the back, and a crystal ball is next to it, ready to contact anyone these nine may need.
Kazail, a little spying, if you will.
As the others of the council will...?
I agree.
As do I.
And I.
Go and be our eyes, Kazail.
The other voices remain silent.
As the council wills, I will provide.
A lithe, dark clothed man drops from the rafters, doing a flip on the way down and catching himself neatly. He walks out the door.

AmberVael
2006-11-11, 02:50 PM
The same lithe man runs out the door again.

Renrik
2006-11-11, 03:16 PM
A pair of goblins walk past outside, but notice nothing particularly unusual about the warehouse.

As they reach the corner down the street, one continues, but the other meets with two more goblins. Of the three that meet on the corner, one, dressed as a beggar, stays on the corner, while the other two go int the maze of hovels.

AmberVael
2006-11-11, 03:52 PM
As expected, the town reacted to protect their own. Terraunt, Fiernista, retrieve him. Attack only as needed.
Understood.
Very well.
In a flash of orange light, two shady figures vanish from the warehouse.
[hr]
The man in grey robes and the leatherclad man appear. The man in leather shifts into the lithe, dark clothed man. A telepathic voice sounds as they appear.
You did well, until the end. There was no need to let that slip.
They should fear us...
We work in secrecy, Kazail. Your newness does not excuse you... we will have to adapt to your blunder.
I will try harder...
You are lucky that we let you live.
I have plenty of uses for him... let us make sure he does not blunder again...
Destroy our errors, I say.
No. We will give him one more chance... we can afford to. Don't fail again, Kazail.
The man in grey robes vanishes, and Kazail bows his head and leaps into the rafters.
[hr]
The man in grey reappears with the armored man, who is covered in small cuts, dents, and most importantly, is an icecube.
Someone in black robes and a hood laughs coldly and places a hand on him. Slowly the ice, cuts, and dents melt away.
Not fare so well, Fiernista?
I would like to see how you would have fared, Siduur! All you can do is rant!
Quiet! We may oppose each other frequently, but not now! We must hold fast on our course. Indivdually we will fail... Kazail showed us that much...
We need a more... silent approach.
It was merely a test... we will split them later...
Now that we know their abilities, we can plan... think on what we know... find their weaknesses.
The telepathic voices fall silent.

AmberVael
2006-11-11, 06:47 PM
I think a little more observation might be useful... we know what Vael knew when he left, but not much more. Ythle, survey the town and its inhabitants. Do not make any hostile moves or reveal who you are.
Wear your mask.
Keep the balance.
A small purple puff of smoke marks someone's disappearance.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 09:14 PM
Ythle appears.
I have made alliances with two groups of people who can aid us. One of them opposes a god, and the other is a general spy/mafia network. I have offered our aid, but we can twist that to our own gain.
Very good, Ythle.
The voices fall to silence.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 02:59 PM
So... Kazail is dead.
He is a threat to our endeavors no more.
Would you so greatly mind-
You may retrieve his body.
Then I will get-
You will.
Pitiful carrion crows...
Silence. We have plans to make... despite Kazail's untrustworthy ways, we cannot ignore one who killed him so easily...
The voices fall to plotting again.
[hr]
A dark robed man comes in and drops a portable hole to the floor.
I have it.
Perfect.
Another man comes out of the shadows, wearing exotic green robes that only cover parts of the upper half of his body. The revealed areas are scarred and pale.
The man begins to disect the body, and removing parts of it carefully and placing them into containers which he withdraws from a bag of holding.
The dark robed man waits until he is finished, and then puts the corpse back into his portable hole. They both fade away into the shadows.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:15 PM
He is coming. Siduur, Loryn, Fiernista, cut him off. Ythle, Terraunt, we need to relocate. Maedune, Izlail, create a patrol to find a suitable location.
Various telepathic voices answer in the affirmative, and flashes of varied color light flare, leaving only one man behind. He chuckles.
Like lambs to the slaughter, all of them.
The darkly clothed man waits, meditating.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:47 PM
Loryn appears and kneel before Ayral.
It is done.
Good... well done, my assassin. Do you have them?
Loryn nods and holds out two crystals, one pulsing with grey light, and the other with brown.
You may keep them for now, Loryn. Who shall we go for next?
Their voices fade away.

Xerillum
2006-11-18, 11:05 PM
A small battalion of dwarves marches in, seeking shelter from the rain.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, due to the effect mentioned in the first post, they are teleported discreetly to a warehouse next door.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 09:52 AM
Whatevere ta storm has passed.
they exit.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 12:46 PM
Izlail and Maedune appear. They open their portable hole, and Maedune casts a spell. The skeletal systems pull themselves away from the bodies, and they rise out of the portable hole, assembling themselves into a neat group.
Izlail concentrates, and the remaining matter inside the portable hole writhes and changes into one solid mass, which then collapses into dust. He raises a small crystal vial and the dust flies into it.
Are you quite finished, Izlail?
Izlail grins coldly.
Hardly.
They both vanish into other parts of the warehouse, the skeletons trooping after Maedune.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:11 PM
The dwarves march to the warehouse, and surround it. Xerillum casts greater shout. Grave robbers! we have you surrounded! give us the corpses!

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:13 PM
The warehouse does not answer him.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:16 PM
Form a tighter circle! General Liek, may I take command of half of your troops?

Certainly.

Good. Regiments 6-12, follow me! they sneak around the bach of the warehouse.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:17 PM
The back of the warehouse is just that: the back of a warehouse. There is no door.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:20 PM
Xerillum's regs climb up to the top of the warehouse.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:21 PM
Hey look, a roof.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:22 PM
They attempt to hack a hole into it with their axes.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:26 PM
They begin to hack a hole in the metal roof. It is tough going, but the metal is not especially thick or durable. It makes a hell of alot of noise though.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:27 PM
It's working.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:32 PM
Inside the warehouse, the council meets quickly.
Izlail, Maedune, what is the situation?
Someone found us grave robbing. We can deal with it.
Yes you will. Shall we, Terraunt?
As Ayral wishes.
Make it so.
The roof has a very small hole in it, but the remaining work to get through should be quickly finished.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:50 PM
They switch to hammers, with the spike on the hitting part.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:55 PM
Ythle casts a spell to shield all arcane and psionic usage from detection, and Terraunt teleports himself, Ythle, Ayral and Loryn away.
Maedune and Izlail walk over to the room where the dwarves are hacking through the roof and wait for them to come through.
The roof now has a large hole in it, easily big enough for a man to pass through.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:58 PM
The majority of the army cast dispel magic, and charge into the evil warehouse. Hand floats in. the rest keep making a bigger hole.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:00 PM
Maedune chuckles and lets the men surround him, while Izlail crouches slightly and watches them all.
The magics and psionics in the area are far too strong to be dispeled.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:03 PM
The remainder of the army jump down. Xerillum walks up to Maedune. He presses his golden glowing blade to maedune's neck. Give back the corpses, or you die here. he presses a little harder, barely not drawing blood.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:06 PM
Maedune chuckles.
But of course.
He very slowly and unthreateningly raises his arm and snaps his fingers. The skeletons troop in.
You can take them back to the graveyard now, if you wish.

Izlail watches with narrow eyes.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:11 PM
You are lucky I have shown mercy... But the police will not... he removes the blade, and Hand flies in. I can take it from here. Hand grabs the two perps by the collar and takes them to the poliece station.

McBish
2006-11-19, 02:12 PM
((Um... no I'll let Vael handle this.))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:12 PM
Maedune backs off from Hand before he can get grabbed.
I think not.

Izlail readies his psionics as he dodges the Hand.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:16 PM
HA! you want a fight? then that's what you're gonna get! Hand materializes a longsword, and Xerillum lunges at maedune with his blade.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:21 PM
One of Maedune's skeletons gets in Xerrilium's way and the sword goes through its eye socket and out the other side.
Maedune mutters something and suddenly casts a mass phantasmal killer on the army.

Izlail draws out his crystal vial and murmurs over it, then dumps a little of its contents into his hand and blows it out into the air. A massive golem of blood and disgusting pulsating organs grows into existance.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:26 PM
Half of the dwarved fall over, dead. You're on your own! the dwarves run away. Xerillum swings his sword in a devastating arc at the golem, as hand weirds it.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:31 PM
The golem, being a golem, is not affected by the wierd in the least since it has no brain. X's sword has a little more effect, as it passes through the golem and slices through a few of the organs.
((forgot the name of that spell, thank you))
Maedune smirks at the fleeing dwarves and floats into the air. He draws a black spear out of nowhere.

Izlail moves over to a dead dwarf and does something over his mouth. He seems to draw a writhing, ghostly shape out of the corpse and place it into the crystal vial.

The golem tries to backhand X with a massive fist.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:37 PM
It's hand is impaled on Xerillum's blade, and the immediate area catches aflame. Xerillum pulls it out, and attacks it again. Hand casts disintegrate.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:42 PM
The golem is unaffected by the fire, and its mostly blood crafted hand does not suffer from being impaled. The disentegrate boils away part of it, however. The golem smashes at X with both of his hands.

Izlail cuts into the dwarf's chest with a dagger, the blade cutting through the armor and skin like butter. He withdraws the dwarf's heart and crushes it in his hand, then points at his golem. The golem grows somewhat larger, and its wounds heal over.

Maedune tries to break into X's and the Hand's minds and riddle them with fear.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:47 PM
They make their will save. Xerillum dodges the golem, and lunges at Izlail with his sword, wings unfurling.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:51 PM
Izlail springs to his feet and blocks X's sword with his bare arm. The sword hits it with a resounding clang.
Izlail seems to be turning into some sort of yellowish stone and his eyes glow a neon green as he slams a quick jab of his fist towards X's stomach.
The golem grabs at Hand and tries to crush him.
Maedune launches a bolt of negative energy at X.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:55 PM
Xerillum swoops up to avoid the punch, but the negative energy pummels him into the wall. He slowly gets up again, and Hand teleports behind the golem.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 02:59 PM
Izlail rushes X as he tries to get up and strikes at him with both fists in a quick, staggered movement.

Maedune shakes his hand in an odd fashion, and then shoots a stream of energy at X which breaks off as it hits him and shoots to effect Hand as well. ((Picture it as negative energy chain lightning))

The golem shrinks ever so slightly and tries to smash the hand again.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 03:01 PM
Xerillum falls back... and casts disintegrate on Izlail!

Renrik
2006-11-19, 03:04 PM
Seeing a warehouse in their slums being attacked by dwarves, the GSA quickly sends several strike teams. A contingent of snipers takes position, and two squads of elite soldiers lurk around. A full regiment of cutters waits in reserve.

The snipers open fire on the dwarves.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 03:07 PM
Izlail is surrounded by a field of crackling energy which absorbs the ray, and then sends a savage flurry of blows at X.

Maedune concentrates on his arcing rays of Negative Energy, still draining life from the two.

The golem collapses into dust as Izlail stops concentrating on it.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 03:13 PM
((the dwarves have left.)) Gah! He flies up to the rafters. I cede your victory, losers. He flies out the ceiling. Hand grabs one of them and also flies out.

Renrik
2006-11-19, 03:14 PM
((Ah. The dwarves left. In that case, the goblin snipers already i the slums just take potshots at them as they leave, and then retreat to new positions. The melee guys don;t become involved.))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 03:15 PM
((Grabs one of who?))
Izlail changes back to normal and Maedune lets the crackling energy fade away.
How pitiful.
Indeed.
They wait for a while and then vanish.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 03:28 PM
((hand carried Salty's skeleton.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 03:29 PM
((*snicker* Ok))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 03:32 PM
((and cast remove curse... and wipe that smile off your face! Hanmd can pack a mean punch...))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 03:33 PM
((*grins demonically*))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 10:48 PM
After hours of scrying and divination, Vael cautiously pops into existance outside the warehouse. He moves up to the door, narrows his eyes, and then flies up and through a second story window, incorporeal. He begins searching the warehouse for signs of occupation, and finds none. After a moment, one of his eyes turns red and he sighs, then teleports away.

Renrik
2006-11-20, 12:44 PM
Aware that there is probably something special about the warehouses on this row (due to the dwarves running from them, the goblins investigate them, but, due to the enchantments, find nothing. They are, however, aware that these warhouses may be a target for the swarves, and so they leave several "beggars" to watch the place and raise the alarm if the dwarves attack again.

Exachix
2006-11-20, 02:10 PM
((*Claps at the finished fight*))

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 02:09 PM
Six figures reappear in the warehouse.
Terraunt. Ythle
It is done.
As we have planned.
The black robed council member bursts with psionic energy, and suddenly all the windows, doors, and openings in the entire building become portals to the warehouse next door.
Ythle, robed in his extravagant purple robes, raises his hands and the magic and psionics appear to fade away, now only detectable by the most skilled psionicists and spellcasters.
Maedune snaps his fingers and his small troop of skeletons moves downstairs and begins setting up what appears to be an elaborate summoning circle.
Izlail kneels next to the circle and begins tracing symbols around it with blood.
Ayral and Loryn stand back, watching it all.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:01 PM
Amusing... Vael's apprentice is coming. Maedune, deal with him.
Gladly.
Loryn, Izlail, Ayral, come here. Ythle, if you will.
Ythle casts a spell that surrounds the area in purple smoke.
It is done.
Everyone but Ythle and Maedune vanish. Ythle gives a small smirk at Maedune before vanishing as well.
Maedune waves a hand, and his troop of skeletons surround him. He works a spell, and then he is indentical to them.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:02 PM
Earin shadow jumps inside, flicking his second dagger into his hand as he looks around, blue smoke trailing from his eyes.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:04 PM
The skeletons move towards him slowly, and the room begins to darken and quiet.
Hello, little assassin. Remember me?

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:08 PM
With a silent snarl Earin leaps to the attack, dodging and slashing with his daggers.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:09 PM
Fool. You think you can defeat me?
The skeletons attack Earin with various old and rusted weapons, as a chilling sensation begins to fall over the warehouse. The building feels dark and desecrated.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:11 PM
Earin shadow jumps back, and then, his eyes blazing with energy, he focuses divine power into one of his daggers. He lunges at the skeletons again, this time his weapon infused with deific influence.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:12 PM
The skeletons crumble into dust as the holy blade touches them, and Maedune barely dodges one of the knife strikes.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:13 PM
Earin notices the expert dodge, and he reverses his attacks to strike out with both daggers at once towards Maedune.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:14 PM
Maedune blocks one dagger blow, but the other slices him along the arm, and his illusion falls as black ichor begins to seep from his wound. He gives a psionic, piercing shriek that spears through the minds of anyone nearby.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:15 PM
Earin's eyes flicker and he winces and flinches from the blow, but automatically retaliates with a mental attack of his own, pouring energy into Maedune's mind.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:16 PM
Maedune's Third Eye flares as it combats and negates the attack, and he hisses and draws a spear out of the air.
Prepare to die, worm!

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:17 PM
Earin leaps at him, then shadow jumps behind him as he slashes with both daggers.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:18 PM
Maedune whirls and meets Earin with his spear, thrusting towards his stomach.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:19 PM
Earin takes the hit hard, but flinches away and then leaps back. He falls to one knee, a hand over his chest.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:21 PM
Poor, poor fool. Did you think that just because you could kill Kazail, you could kill a TRUE member of this council? I am far more powerful than you!
Maedune walks closer.
Let me give you a little respect for me... a little taste of fear.
Maedune raises a hand and sends a blast of mental energy and manipulations towards Earin's mind.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:23 PM
Earin ignores the nightmarish visions and staggers to his feet, then uses the link that Maedune established to attack his unprotected and unshielded mind. His eyes shine a dark blue as he assualts Maedune.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:24 PM
Maedune snarls and snaps the link as the bright, mental blades sear through his mind. He brings back his spear and throws it at Earin, spitting out an arcane curse as it leaves his hand.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:25 PM
Earin dodges halfway, but the spear lodges in his shoulder and he screams with agony, his eye narrowing and flaring with energy. He falls to his knees and rips the spear out of his shoulder.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:26 PM
Maedune begins summoning negative energy to his hands, preparing to hurl it at Earin.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:32 PM
Earin stands slowly and casts the spear aside. The glow begins to drain from his eyes and he staggers.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:32 PM
Maedune releases his negative energy at Earin, and begins to drain his life away.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:36 PM
Earin's eyes slowly squeeze shut and he puts a hand over his heart as his strength and life are drained away. His limbs shake with weakness and pain.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:42 PM
Maedune pauses, then begins to gather energy for a single, final strike.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:43 PM
Elya bursts in, light blazing around her. She points a single hand at Maedune and sends a searing, gleaming jet of holy light towards his back.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:44 PM
Maedune shrieks as the spell hits him, and then his own negative energy falls out of his control and wracks through his body. He falls to the ground, his limbs jerking and twitching in uncontrollable spasms.
After a moment he stills and collapses into ashes.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:45 PM
Elya runs to Earin and grabs his arm, placing her other hand on the wound on his chest. It heals over, but only slightly. She frowns and teleports them away.

Ireth
2006-11-22, 06:11 PM
the drunk Ireth wanders into the warehouse. not seeing any alchohol to fill his rapidly depleating bottle with, he wandered away. as he did so, he thought vemnently about inconsiderate fools who didnt leave alchohol lying around for good chaps like himself.

AmberVael
2006-11-30, 12:26 PM
The remaining five council members appear, and Loryn kneels next to Maedune's oddly untouched corpse.
What next?
Maybe Ayral can tell us. I would dearly love to know why he is killing us off one by one.
Terraunt, Izlail, and Ythle step away from Ayral and Loryn.
I have no desire to die...
What madness have you been plotting, Ayral?
The unofficial head of the council laughs lowly and coldly.
Do you think we ever stood a chance against the gods? Do you think that I formed this council for that purpose?
Loryn is unsuprised, and remains next to Ayral.
Ythle's eyes narrow.
What devious game have you been playing, Ayral?
I have been questing for power, and I have succeeded.
Ythle raises a hand, but Ayral is gone as he moves. Ythle turns, but in the wrong direction, allow Ayral to slit his throat with absurd ease. Ayral presses a crystal to his flowing blood as the other two council members ready themselves.
The crystal darkens and a faint purple light shines from it, and Ayral tosses it to Loryn before turning to Izlail and Terraunt.
You cannot run. I know everything you will do.
Terraunt vanishes, leaving Izlail on his own. Ayral laughs and closes in on the psionicist.
Izlail reaches for his knife, but Ayral disentegrates it before he can lay a finger on it. Izlail prepares psionics, but finds them suddenly barred from his mind.
You will not defeat me, petty diviner!
Petty? How foolish of you to think that... or are you grasping at straws now?
Izlail screams and flicks a dagger made out of bone out of his sleeve. He plunges it towards his own heart, but right before the spell he worked takes hold, another crystal is held in his blood, absorbing his soul and life energy.
Ayral passes this to Loryn as well.
Let us see what Terraunt is up to.
He summons a scrying pool to watch the master of shifting.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 05:06 PM
Vael drifts into the warehouse, and finds Ayral bent over a scrying bowl.
Vael... I've been expecting you ever since Terraunt left.
Vael looks around warily.
Loryn is away on other buisness... do not fear that she is lingering in the shadows.
The incorporeal elf does not trust Ayral's words, and he gazes around the room with his mind and eyes before looking to Ayral.
What is your plan here?
Ayral chuckles.
To gain power, Vael, always to gain power.
Vael is about to speak when Ayral stands and begins to talk again.
I have always meant to become a god, Vael. I realized that under my own power I could never achieve this dream; gods are far too strong.
So I began the Council in order to help me slay a god, and then take his place after we were finished. Then I realized that even with the council's help it would be far too much risk to me...
I thought over my situation for a long time, and decided that I needed to absorb the power of the council before I could move foward and achieve my goal. You know the crystals that I developed, the ones that could trap the soul and power of a god? I planned on using those on the council, to increase my own power...
He waves a hand dramatically and turns towards Vael.
But how then was I to capture the souls and powers of the council without their suspicion? I could not find an answer... until you betrayed us, Vael. They would not question going after you, but I knew that they could never survive here even with their powers. I ensured that they would be easily retrievable upon death, and then watched them die, one by one, until I could take care of the rest.
He gestures to a small box on the table.
Which I did. Terraunt did not run long... Loryn, you and I are the only ones left.
Vael narrows his eyes.
Where do I come into this picture now? Will you absorb my power as well?
Ayral chuckles.
No Vael, to take your soul and power would be a waste of your talents as a separate entity. The rest of the council were fools, as you and I both knew. Powerful fools, but fools nonetheles, Morkai being a prime example... what did you do with him, by the way?
Vael reaches within his bracer and withdraws a glowing, dark red crystal.
I knew I was not alone in my ideas and plots...
You are alone in your plot. I have no desire for this power anymore; I only want my love back.
Vael slides the crystal back into his bracer and turns to leave.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-02, 05:36 PM
((Ooooooooooooooooh))

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 05:52 PM
Really... then what of Dios?
Vael tenses.
Oh yes, I know... I know it all, Vael.
Scenes of a burning world, destroyed and desolate cities and a putrid roiling sea flash in front of Vael. He turns away from them only to see Ayral smiling at him.
That was a long time ago, Ayral.
And yet you keep the... evidence. Why do you resist it, Vael? It is already done, there is no harm in taking the power you have earned.
Maybe there isn't, but I do not wish to risk it.
How disappointing...
Ayral opens the box on the table, and seven gems are nestled inside, glowing with varying colors. Ayral picks one up and holds it in his hand.
I think we could go far together, gain more power than anyone has ever dreamed.
I already told you I did not deisre power.
Won't you need it to get Seren back?
Vael's jaw tenses.
Even with Iames helping you, you may run into... problems. You'll need power, and my help.
You mean to say that you will oppose us if I do not join you?
Ayral smiles coldly and does not answer.
You cold hearted decietful back stabbing bastard...
At least we know what to expect from each other. I will not try to decieve you... like your so called friends will. Imagine what Iames will do when he learns of Dios... or even Seren's reaction.
They've accepted me!
They do not know the full horror of what you've done...
Ayral snaps the box shut.
We'll speak again.
He vanishes, and after a moment Vael follows suit.

AmberVael
2006-12-03, 03:13 PM
Ayral appears, holding his box. He opens it and looks inside. He starts, and then smiles.
Oh Loryn, what am I going to do about you?
He taps the empty slot that used to contain Kazail's gem.
And of them all, you chose him. Why is that? How interesting.
I thought it best to experiment with the least dangerous.
Ayral does not turn around.
And how did your experiment go?
Success.
Loryn drops Kazail's gem into its slot. Ayral turns to look at her with a smile.
In what way?
While holding the crystal I gained his skills and powers. I found no hint of absorbing them, however.
Patience. Here, keep it.
He flips Kazail's crystal to her, and she catches it easily.
Now... what will we do for Vael?

AmberVael
2006-12-04, 01:10 PM
Loryn moves over to the box and opens it while Ayral is not around. She takes up the crystals in her hand and studies them. An astute observer might notice a strange gray marking on her hand. She smiles and picks out a glowing maroon crystal, which she clasps tightly in her right hand. It slowly dissolves into her skin and leaves behind a marking similar to the one on her other hand. She picks out the gems one by one and absorbs them, placing two on her forearms, two on the side of her neck, and one on her forehead. With a grim smile she closes the box.
Well now... none left for me, Loryn?
Loryn turns, and the markings on her begin glowing.
And why should I share power?
Loryn, Loryn, you have not learned well enough.
Ayral shakes his head.
I have learned enough to defeat you. Ironic that you trusted me, isn't it?
Have you really gained that much power?
Would you care for a demonstration?
As she finishes the last word Ayral comes up from behind her and places a knife to her throat. The illusion of him dies away.
Yes... maybe I would.
He slits her throat and holds a final crystal to it. The combined essences of the council, excluding Morkai and Vael, flow into the crystal and he presses it to his brow. It fuses to his flesh with crackling lightning, and his limbs spasm.
After a while his body stills and he gets up.
It is done. It is time.
He raises a hand and the warehouse is consumed in flames. He walks out, never to return.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-12, 07:17 PM
((This was while Barrik was away from the warehouse))

Barrik looks at the remains of the old building and nods approvingly.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-12, 08:51 PM
Barrik goes back to the burned down building and searches the box for a restoration potion. He find it and throws it in to the center of the wreckage. After strong winds and bright lights, the building is restored to its former glory.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 06:42 PM
((Oh hm. Forgot about that restoration))
Maal walks up and finds that only the area around the warehouse is burnt and worn down.
Oh this will work quite well.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 06:43 PM
Cassandra follows him, looking around curiously.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 06:44 PM
Maal goes inside the darkened, empty warehouse and Cassandra can see that he is glowing a cold, ice blue. Only a little light emanates from him, but it is obvious enough.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 06:49 PM
She follows, mentally noting the fact that he glows.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 06:54 PM
This will work quite well. I think we can begin.
Maal holds an arm in front of him, and it is suddenly wreathed in the same chill light that surrounds him.
Channeling Eldritch requires very little effort and skill.
He throws a ray of eldritch at the opposite side of the warehouse, where it blasts through the first layer of wall without and problem.
But doing other things, and adding more complicated effects to it is another matter, as I said. First things first though. You can feel it, you know how the energy is meant to be used. Now try it.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 06:59 PM
Cassandra holds out her left arm, concentrating on the power he added. Her arm becomes wreathed in power and she looks at the glow. Now throw it?

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:00 PM
Maal nods.
You'll know how.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:02 PM
Cassandra smiles as she pitches it across the room into the wall.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:05 PM
It is not as effective as Maal's, but it makes visible impact. Maal smiles.
Very good. Now, I granted you another ability, one to see invisible creatures. The way to channel its eldritch is slightly different, but I think you will feel how to use it just as easily.
Maal fades away.
I suppose we'll find out if I'm I right.
He moves away from his original position silently.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:09 PM
Cassandra brings the power up and looks around the warehouse for him. She follows him with her eyes once she finds him. She laughs delightedly.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:10 PM
Maal grins.
The only thing you have to worry about with eldritch is increasing your power, not learning it or gaining more skill in it. Its not complex, its simply a gift.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:14 PM
Cassandra smiles and turns around, Hm, yes, I see the benefit.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:16 PM
Maal watches her closely.
Gaining the power initially is the hard part.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:18 PM
Oh, yes, the part of getting it from a demon or devil? as she contemplates what Aesa might think of her for all this and then deciding it's her own choice.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:21 PM
Maal nods.
I, of course, would recommend a devil. They may still be evil, but you can trust them to some extent, unlike demons.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:25 PM
She looks a bit skeptical, Trust a devil? I don't know that I would trust a demon or a devil. I prefer to expect nearly anything from either one.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:27 PM
Maal considers, then shakes his head.
Devils have the element of law to them. They will keep their pact with you, whereas a demon... well...
You might try Fey, but they are flightly and hard to contact, and are just as likely as demons to break their pact.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:32 PM
Hm, well this gives me something very interesting to think about. I really appreciate you taking the time to show me all of this. I have found it very interesting.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:35 PM
I'm glad I could spend some time to show it to you.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:38 PM
Next time I see you, I'll let you know?

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:39 PM
Take what time you need, Cassandra. Should we go back?

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:41 PM
Yes, I could use a mulled wine.

AmberVael
2006-12-25, 07:42 PM
Maal leads the way back outside.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 07:43 PM
She follows him

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:23 PM
Maal comes inside and holds the door open for Cassandra.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:24 PM
She follows him inside and heads over to the area they were at before.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:28 PM
Now lets see, you already know how to use eldritch, as it is an innate skill, so where would you like to begin?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:32 PM
How to use it in a fight? What works best?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:38 PM
Well, eldritch works best against those who rely on armor and their own natural protection, since it bypasses those. Against more nimble opponents it is best to either catch them offguard or to disable them with spells before assaulting them.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:40 PM
well, I've seen both of those types of people around Town, let's start with the first type.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 12:49 PM
Well, against them it is best to gain tactical advantage and then just fire away. For the most part I find that I can take to the air and simply strike them until they flee or are rendered incapable of attacking me. It doesn't matter how long it takes, or how much energy I expend, since I have an infinite supply of eldritch, as do you.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:04 PM
Well, I like that. Seems like it would work very well. She pulls the energy out and into her hand and throws it at the wall, making a nice little crater.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:14 PM
It does.
As for the more nimble opponents, I try to turn invisible and sneak around them, attacking them when they can't defend themselves.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:17 PM
I'll have to learn that spell, I don't have it in my spellbook. Can I use eldritch power on an opponent and remain invisible?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:19 PM
It depends on the spell. With the lesser invisibilities, no.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:31 PM
hmmm, I'll have to do some research. Cassandra steps back further and aims a blast at the farthest wall.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:37 PM
Perhaps you would like a bit different of a target?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:40 PM
She turns with a smile, As in?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:43 PM
I'm sure we could find something. Perhaps we could see just how destructive your power is... or we could find something to try and target, like a rabbit.
He wanders over to her casually.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:45 PM
Or both? as she watches him casually walk over

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:48 PM
That would work. Lets see how quickly you can take down this old, useless place, hm?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 01:55 PM
That will be fun, Cassandra casts Fly and fires a blast at a load bearing wall.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 01:58 PM
Maal watches, seemingly unconcerned by the fact that he is inside a building that is about to collapse.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:07 PM
Cassandra moves through the building firing blasts at the load bearing walls, she casts Dragon Breath and breathes a cone of acid at key points. The building starts to collapse as she does more damage than the walls can take.

As the building starts to fall, she comes back to Maal and smiles

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:15 PM
Maal slips an arm around her and right as the building is about to collapse on them, the world simply shifts into a shadowy form of itself that is unclear and indistinct.
However, it also seems to be underwater, a fact which doesn't affect Maal at all, but may prove problematic to Cassandra.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:18 PM
Cassandra holds her breath and puts an arm around him, her other hand points to her nose.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:28 PM
Maal sees Cassandra's problem and swiftly takes them back to the material realm, far down the streets from the collapsed warehouse. There is no trace that the water ever existed.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:36 PM
Cassandra breathes in the fresh air, Thanks, while it was interesting to watch it collapse as I stood there watching it, not being able to breathe is a slight problem, as she stands with one arm still around Maal's waist.

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:39 PM
Maal chuckles.
I guess I just forget that most people don't have the same abilities as me.
He seems to think of something, and he looks at her almost calculatingly.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:40 PM
Cassandra thinks about the destruction and smiles at Maal, Yes?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:42 PM
Just a thought.
Maal smiles at her, but the look in his eyes doesn't change.
I was just wondering what would think of being a little more like me.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:46 PM
It would depend on what it brought me or did for me?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:51 PM
Oh there are a number of things that it can do to you. Increased affinity for water, a greater resistance to various weaponry. Greater influence over others' perception of you... prolonged life, even to the point of indefinite lifespans for some...

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:54 PM
Does sound interesting, shall we go back to Trog's to discuss it further?

AmberVael
2006-12-29, 02:55 PM
Of course.
Maal leads her through the streets and into Trog's.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 02:56 PM
She goes with him, with a thoughtful look in her eyes.

Blood
2007-06-13, 09:37 PM
The heavyset man enters from the backdoor of the warehouse, from the non-slums Streets. He makes slightly less noise than a deer as he cautiously sneaks around, weapon drawn. Two men are just entering from the Slums, talking in hushed voices.

"You says the guy's gonna meet us here?"
"For the hundredth time, yes, he-"
The heavyset man steps out of his hiding place, interrupting the mens' dialogue. The second man smiles. Right on time. Most professionals were, or even early.

The first man giggles. "So's you can kill's our guy for us?"
"I can."
"He'll be in Trog's, prob'ly. He's pretty rich, and he destroyed our company. We wants revenge."
"Joe! Don't go telling everybody everything!"
Joe looks sincerely sorry.
The second man smiles thinly. "So, we want him dead. By the way, he's got a little bit of magic, so I brought extra money since that will likely cost more. Can you do it?"
"Let's talk price."
"Fifty thousand gold, and I ain't goin' no higher."
The professional hitman could tell instantly that this man was gullible, and stupid. Just by that one sentence, he instantly knew that the men had quite a bit more than fifty thousand in their pockets, and some bargaining could likely get him some more. But he didn't much like people who used magic; they tended to avoid being killed by bullets, and he tried to remain out of their way. So he fired his gun into both of their hearts before either of them knew what was happening.
"You're in luck," he tells them as he loots the nearly one hundred thousand worth gold pieces in various coins from them. "I might end up killing this guy anyway, he is rich." He drags the bodies into a corner and leaves the warehouse, whistling a jaunty tune as the money in his pockets jingles.