PDA

View Full Version : Dhampir Inquisitors: Vanilla, Svetocher or Ancient-Born?

Archpaladin Zousha
2013-02-16, 01:11 AM
I'm attempting to build a dhampir inquisitor for Carrion Crown, and I'm trying to decide how to build it. I want the character to be a knightly figure, a worshiper of Iomedae if not a Knight of Ozem, seeking to overcome his unholy heritage through the Kinslayer Archetype. I'm debating two of the different kinds of dhampir, the svetocher and ancient-born, as they have tempting stats for an inquisitor, though technically the vanilla dhampir works well too.

For a sword-and-board inquisitor, Strength and Dexterity are equally important, Strength for fighting skill and Dexterity to qualify for Two-Weapon Fighting to make shield-bashing effective. Both the svetocher and ancient-born have a bonus to Strength, so they seem like the most obvious options, but technically Dexterity is important too, so regular dhampir make a strong case as well. In addition, there's a decision between the Charisma bonus of the svetocher and normal dhampir and the Wisdom bonus of the ancient-born. Wisdom is a very important stat for an inquisitor because it's their spellcasting stat. With the Conversion inquisition, it also allows the inquisitor to act as a party face, something I think would come in handy in Carrion Crown. On the other hand, Kinslayer's unique powers key off Charisma, and if you have a decent Charisma, then there's no need for the Conversion inquisition in the firstplace.

So I'm trying to decide what this inquisitor will be. A regular dhampir? A svetocher who uses his/her Charisma or an ancient-born who relies on his/her wisdom?