PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Cost

Sugashane
2013-02-16, 03:23 AM
I am a bit confused on this, and am likely over-thinking it.

At the end of our last session, we were told we could have any item made for us (individually) that would value 10,000gp or less, as a reward for saving the mage's school.

I looked up pounce and it has various spell levels, but in Savage Species it is a 1st level Druid spell, which the DM ok'd. We have a level 15 druid, who can obviously cast the spell. Then there is this excerpt:

"While item creation costs are handled in detail below, note that normally the two primary factors are the caster level of the creator and the level of the spell or spells put into the item. A creator can create an item at a lower caster level than her own, but never lower than the minimum level needed to cast the needed spell. Using metamagic feats, a caster can place spells in items at a higher level than normal."

So could she be the one to cast it, as a first level caster level?

Thus costing 8,000gp? (Spell level of 1 x caster level of 1 x 2,000gp*)

*If a continuous item has an effect based on a spell with a duration measured in rounds, multiply the cost by 4. If the duration of the spell is 1 minute/level, multiply the cost by 2, and if the duration is 10 minutes/level, multiply the cost by 1.5. If the spell has a 24-hour duration or greater, divide the cost in half.

It seems to be easy to make out, but I just feel like I am in error. Thank you for any answers/corrections.

Also, I have really looked through the guide Person Man made to get pounce and free movement, and know the Lion Totem Barbarian would have been the easiest path, but I am a LG Paladin, so it is impossible to get that way without losing class features. :smallfrown: