PDA

View Full Version : Help me multiclass

sambouchah
2013-02-16, 12:07 PM
Okay so I have been rolling a spellthief for the past couple days(been super sick so it's hard to work) and have been trying to decide my multiclass combo.

Human spellthief-1/Rogue-5/invisible blade-5 is what I've been thinking. But then I decided master of masks is also one PrC I would love to have. I know it doesn't require spells but it does give more CL so I was thinking levels s a sorcerer?

I have the Skinny trait and the flaws frail and pathetic. Feat selection
Weapon Focus(Dagger), Point blank shot, Jack of all trades. I need one more feat and was thinking Force of Will(I only have a 10 wis and an 18 cha) or maybe far shot(another prerequisite for invisible blade). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Sam

Urpriest
2013-02-16, 12:09 PM
Eventually you'll want the feat Surprising Riposte (Drow of the Underdark) so that you can use your Invisible Blade Feinting ability to make full attacks.

sambouchah
2013-02-16, 12:29 PM
Eventually you'll want the feat Surprising Riposte (Drow of the Underdark) so that you can use your Invisible Blade Feinting ability to make full attacks.

Would it be worth it to not take invisible blade(not a fan of daggers, I only use them occasionally) and change feats from dagger focus and point blank to Combat reflex, improved feint and Surprising Riposte? If I can get away without taking all the dagger stuff I'd love it. As I said, don't much care for daggers. I prefer short sword or hand crossbow(Paired with another weapon).

Urpriest
2013-02-16, 01:23 PM
Would it be worth it to not take invisible blade(not a fan of daggers, I only use them occasionally) and change feats from dagger focus and point blank to Combat reflex, improved feint and Surprising Riposte? If I can get away without taking all the dagger stuff I'd love it. As I said, don't much care for daggers. I prefer short sword or hand crossbow(Paired with another weapon).

Well, you can't feint with a hand crossbow anyway. I think if you want to focus on feinting you need to get swift or free action feinting, which Invisible Blade will give you. There are other ways to get it, though, Scarlet Corsair from Stormwrack being one option.

That said, you don't need feinting to get sneak attack. Find some other set of tricks if this one seems to feat and level intensive.

sambouchah
2013-02-16, 01:41 PM
Well, you can't feint with a hand crossbow anyway. I think if you want to focus on feinting you need to get swift or free action feinting, which Invisible Blade will give you. There are other ways to get it, though, Scarlet Corsair from Stormwrack being one option.

That said, you don't need feinting to get sneak attack. Find some other set of tricks if this one seems to feat and level intensive.

Thanks Ur-Priest, you're always a major help among the playground. I am thinking of switching from spellthief to bard however. Mainly because we already have a rogue and a spellcaster would be a major help. So bard-6/Master of Masks-10/Virtuoso-10?