PDA

View Full Version : PC for arena tournament

Melnir
2013-02-16, 01:13 PM
Hello playground,

I'm going to take part in an arena tournament and I'd like to build a PC as powerful as possible. ECL 6, no buy off, point buy 32, no flaws and only a few books (PH I&II, MM I-III-IV-V, CD, CAr, CAdv, CM, CW, BoED, BoVD, Dungeonscape, Miniatures handbook, RoS, RotW, masters of the wild). I was thinking on halfling druid with yondalla's sense, natural bond and fleshraker as animal companion, but I'm not satisfied at all.

What would you play with such limitations? An ubercharger would be an option, but some arenas are built to prevent initiative-charge-win. I was forgetting, no flying.

Thanks!

Eldariel
2013-02-16, 02:36 PM
BoVD has some ridiculous stuff but most of it comes a bit too late for an ECL6 arena. Cancer Mage might be applicable. Really tho, you have PHBI and II so a Conjurer Wizard with Abrupt Jaunt is probably about as strong as it gets. You can take one level in a PRC too; Mindbender is okay though without Mindsight, nothing to write home about.

Immabozo
2013-02-16, 02:57 PM
You could take a were crocodile, LA 2, 3 natural HD, +8 str, +2 dex, +6 con, Alertness, skill focus hide and Iron Will as bonus feats, dr 5/silver and a few other things (like natural armor, I think, and then 1 level of War Shaper gives you immunity to crits and you can improve your natural weapons by one size category, or grow new ones that can be unnatural to the form

Melnir
2013-02-16, 04:23 PM
Right, abrupt jaunt, why do I always forget it? Now my problem is that I need to play first in the fight. With point buy 32 I could go 8 (6)-14 (16)-16-18-11-8 My initiative is +9 (3 dex+4 imp. init.+2 aggressive), I could buy gloves of dexterity +2 (so +10 init) and I took sense danger feat, so I roll initiative twice 1/day (but it's just one fight/day). I start the fight with no buffs on, so I can't use sign or similar spells and I don't have access to SpC, so no nerveskitter. Can you think of anything better (13k gp, standard WBL)?