PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Heritage

Ruethgar
2013-02-17, 12:54 PM
Apart from dragons, are there any other powerful heritage options? I don't just mean a specific race, but a category like how dragons have half a dozen PC races and classes and zounds of additional options for Dragon, Draconic and Dragon Blooded characters including feats, archetypes and substitution levels.

AsteriskAmp
2013-02-17, 01:01 PM
Giants also get a great array of options, specially with some of the cheap to free entries accessible.

Elfs as well are famous for the "there's an elf for that" phenomenon. They have a ridiculous amount of things accessible to them.

HunterOfJello
2013-02-17, 01:03 PM
There are several types of fey heritages.

There are also a few options for being the child of an undead creature.

The tiny giants, as they could be called, are also interesting characters. (That would include Half-Giant, Half-Ogre, and Goliath.)

Demonic children also have a few options too.

RFLS
2013-02-17, 01:51 PM
Apart from dragons, are there any other powerful heritage options? I don't just mean a specific race, but a category like how dragons have half a dozen PC races and classes and zounds of additional options for Dragon, Draconic and Dragon Blooded characters including feats, archetypes and substitution levels.

I mean...it IS Dungeons and Dragons. I wonder if there's a Dungeon bloodline...

Flickerdart
2013-02-17, 01:57 PM
I mean...it IS Dungeons and Dragons. I wonder if there's a Dungeon bloodline...
There's a Dungeonbred template and a Dungeon Lord class, plus a bunch of dungeony options in Complete Adventurer and Dungeonscape.

Ruethgar
2013-02-17, 03:21 PM
Thank you all for the swift response, I will look into your suggestions.

Rubik
2013-02-17, 03:23 PM
Given that humans gain both a bonus feat (which can be literally anything, so long as you qualify for it) and bonus skill points...

...that's a lot of options, especially since you've got templates and classes whatnot to increase your available options.