PDA

View Full Version : Electric Based weapon enhancements?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-02-17, 01:23 PM
Are there any other weapon enhancement (or magic items) apart from shocking and shocking burst weapons that deal with electricity damage and/or effects? I am trying to build Ornstein the Dragon Slayer from Dark Souls and well he is pretty big on electric attacks; but as far as I know they are due his weapon, not himself so I feel pretty comfortable relying on magic items.

Platinum Piece
2013-02-17, 01:38 PM
A lesser crystal of energy assault (MIC) will add another 1d6 electric damage.

Ianuagonde
2013-02-17, 01:42 PM
The Thundering (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#thundering) weapon enhancement sounds suitable. Alternatively, the Javelin of Lightning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#javelinofLightning) actually becomes a lightning bolt when thrown.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-17, 01:43 PM
Well, spellstoring is the go-to for adding an additional spell effect to a weapon, but it really isn't any good without access to a spellcaster.

You could refluff one of the existing vague sources of damage, or the ones that cause stunning or some other status effect so that the effect was caused by some kind of electrical discharge.

I think it was darksteel maybe, a special material from FR, that adds one point of non-magical electricity damage to attacks made with a weapon crafted from darksteel. Not sure, as there were several other materials that had similar effects.

Finally, check the bound elemental items in Magic of Eberron. There may be some kind of air one that does electricity damage, or which has some other effect you might be interested in.

Darrin
2013-02-17, 02:12 PM
Lightning Surge and Sudden Stunning (DMGII) could be added for 2000 GP each. Adding the Speed property could also work. After that... adding some 1/day or 3/day spell effects would probably be the way to go.

rot42
2013-02-17, 05:19 PM
Dragonfang Weapon (Draconomicon 117) adds a point of nonmagical energy damage based on breath weapon of the base creature.

herrhauptmann
2013-02-17, 07:30 PM
A lesser crystal of energy assault (MIC) will add another 1d6 electric damage.

But it won't stack with a weapon that already has Shocking or shocking burst on it.
Still, it's useful in keeping total costs down.