PDA

View Full Version : Devombor [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

shamgar001
2013-02-17, 02:15 PM
The skies have grown dark and the winds are picking up. The plains around Devombor are known for their sudden violent storms in the late summer, but storm season doesn't start for a month still. Nonetheless, the clouds are accumulating rapidly as you quicken your pace, searching for shelter before the rain comes. No haven can be found on the treeless plains. Soon the rain begins, thrown in your face by the howling winds, still with no shelter in sight. Darkness descends and the rain beats down harder. Then you start to feel hail. You need to find somewhere to weather the storm.

Thunder resonates across the plains as a bolt of lightning rends the sky. For a fraction of a second, night turns to day, and in that moment you see the silhouette of a small structure on a hilltop. It looks old, like some kind of ancient monument. But its most relevant feature is that it has a roof...and an open door.

riswynn
2013-02-17, 04:54 PM
Riswynn Fellgrim sighs with relief once the silhouette meets her line of sight.

"Shelter," she whispers, slightly out of breath.

She hunkers down and briskly scrambles up the hill towards the structure. She's not too concerned with the fact that there are no visible lights within the building. All she can think about is getting out of the rain, getting warm and getting dried off.

Once she reaches the building, she rushes inside and takes off her sopping wet backpack. She puts her hands on her knees and slowly regains her breath.

As she rests, she takes out a torch from her pack and lights it. She then looks upon the interior of the shelter she has found.

shamgar001
2013-02-17, 09:20 PM
The flickering yellow torchlight reveals that entire structure is a single, roughly circular room with a vaulted roof, 30 feet high at the apex, where a narrow tower extends another 20 feet. A low whistling sound suggest that there's a hole in the roof, but no rain is falling through. In the middle of the room is a structure that is shaped like a smaller version of the entire building, about 8 feet tall, with a room inside. The bronze door on the structure is hanging open.

The floor is covered in rat droppings, chunks of clay, and dust, although the dust looks to have been disturbed recently.

riswynn
2013-02-17, 10:52 PM
Riswynn stands up and looks quizzically at the structure in the middle of the room. She walks over to it and cautiously allows her torchlight to fill the inside of the structure before entering it herself.

"What in the world is this room used for?"

shamgar001
2013-02-17, 10:54 PM
The room is small and stuffy, and if Riswynn were any taller, she'd have to duck her head to get inside. A spiral staircase descends into blackness.

nholloway2007
2013-02-17, 10:57 PM
As Norvak Duskwalker continues his journey, he glances across the plain and just makes out the old ancient monument. He continues, quickening his pace as the rain begins to fall hard enough to sting, making it almost impossible to see.

"I've got to get somewhere out of the rain. If I could just stand under something, I'd be okay." As he gets closer, he can make out the flickering of flames from within, and he runs to the doorway, barreling in as fast as he can, with little regard for who, or what, else is in the building.

riswynn
2013-02-17, 11:10 PM
Riswynn hears the sound of footsteps quickly approaching the building she has taken refuge in. She spins around, and draws her Executioner's Axe from her back, to face who, or what ever has decided to come in after her.

Before she can clearly see what is standing before her, she shouts "STOP! Who are you and what do you want?"

nholloway2007
2013-02-17, 11:16 PM
While still standing outside on the granite steps, shivering from the cold, Norvak calls out, "My name is Norvak Duskwalker! I'm a wizard seeking shelter from the oncoming storm...I mean you no harm!"

riswynn
2013-02-17, 11:25 PM
Riswynn looks at this Norvak character, and is unsure of whether she should trust him or not.

But then her eyes stray past the man to the downpour of heavy, cold rain outside and she takes pity on him.

"You may come in...this isn't my place, anyway. I came here to seek shelter from the storm," Riswynn said, as she lowered her axe, but did not put it away.

nholloway2007
2013-02-17, 11:39 PM
"I come from Eirthuin, a town 300 leagues from here. I'm searching for a magic tome of unparalleled power. I just wasn't expecting....this," he says, gesturing to the torrential downpour outside.

"And...what brings a dwarf this far outside the mines?"

riswynn
2013-02-18, 12:26 AM
"Why would you need something so powerful?", Riswynn asked uneasily, starting to distrust this wizard a little more.

"I am Riswynn Fellgrim, formerly of the Southern village, Morenham. I am just traveling to look for adventure and experience."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-18, 11:43 AM
A dragonborn walked through the grass. His scales held many hues, whereas the middle portions of his body were white, which faded unto his light blue arms, legs, and neck, which further faded into his pink fingertips, toes and tips of his tendrils. He donned a monocle, with multiple focal lenses that can pivot into and out of place in front of the the initial lens which sat over his right eye. A black leather armband covered the majority of his left arm. On his right arm, he wielded an odd gauntlet with mounted cylinders parallel to said arm.

There was a downpour, vicious in nature. His black leather vest and white undershirt were completely soaked. A small faerie dragonling of a similar hue squeaks by his side, whose small cries seemed to beg; "May we go inside? I am cold and wet!" The dragonborn looked down toward his companion. He didn't want his companion to suffer, but there was science to be had!

Peering through the fog, the silhouette of a small building upon a hilltop became visible. This building, as far as he recalled, was the same one his colleagues back at the university had told him about. As he approaches, he can start to see the features better through the fog.
He makes a history check to see what he can tell about the building from the outside.
[roll0]

Voices resonate from the inside, as well as lights. Obviously, someone has come to wreck the expedition before he can get inside! In this world, owlbears and displacer beasts act like a threat, but they all fall to the bolt of a crossbow - and only one at that, if it's well placed! However, a fellow - or more appropriately, opposing - researcher is far more deadly to both body and spirit.

The dragonborn places a bolt into one of the compartments on his gauntlet. Calmly and quietly, he slowly enters the room, trying to walk in without making a sound. Even if people are in the well lit room, a quiet entrance ensures that he will see the foe before they hear him. If hostile, one bolt ends the threat.
He makes a stealth check to walk into the building slowly and quietly enough as to not be noticed immediately.
[roll1]

shamgar001
2013-02-18, 12:22 PM
This is the building that Akbar is looking for. This structure is a gobelstor, a tomb monument for leaders in the goblin empire Vishkavan. This particular gobelstor belonged to King Gavor II, the last ruler of Vishkavan, under whose rule the empire was conquered by the Khamulites. Unlike other tombs, this one was sealed until recently, protecting it from grave robbers.

Akbar attempts to enter the building quietly, but he slips on the wet grass and lets out an "oof!" Everyone inside is aware of his presence.

Lomico
2013-02-18, 03:16 PM
Wakened by the loud noises of the trespassers, Xhellian slips into the shadows of the corner he bedded down in. The rain, which had been a soothing melody for his sleep, had apparently masked the first noises of the intruders. Disgusted with himself, he slips from shadow to shadow, observing this strange band that has stumbled upon his shelter, mumbling to himself as he finds the strangely colored dragonborn that woke him up.

"Do these people have no concept of stealth? They're making enough noise to wake the dead below."

Finished with his observation, he steps back out of the shadows to where his bedroll is and starts to pack things up. If others are showing up, it may be time to move on again.
Or maybe...
Finishing his packing, he steps once more into the shadows, slipping back out into the central room with the staircase. Readying himself, he steps out of the door into the large room.

"Hello there friends, what brings you here?"

nholloway2007
2013-02-18, 05:48 PM
"We're just looking for shelter from the downpour out there...at least, that's why I'm here...I can't speak for her...or him..."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-18, 07:47 PM
Akbar, with a self-disgust at himself for the lack of stealth, begins to speak with a somewhat formal and proper dialect*.

"Pardon, but do you not realize this is a historic monument?" He paused, eyeing each individual in the room, as well as the internal structure itself.
History check to learn more information about what might be inside, and what the creators of the building purposed for this initial room, as in whether it might be more than just an initial room.
[roll0]
"Why are you here?" It should be obvious that these folks were simply seeking shelter from the storm, but Akbar still felt the need to ask.

*Much akin to a trans-atlantic accent.

Lomico
2013-02-18, 08:16 PM
Turning to the Dragonborn, Xhellian raises an eyebrow and, with his arms behind his back, starts making his way around the outside of the open space towards him.

"Well, seeing as you seem to know what this place is, while the rest of us don't, why don't you tell us why you're here?"

riswynn
2013-02-18, 08:27 PM
While these odd strangers try to find out more about each other, Riswynn inspects them all closely, trying to decipher if they should be trusted or not.

"All I wanted was a nice, quiet place to rest. And this is what I get instead," she thought to herself.

nholloway2007
2013-02-18, 09:14 PM
"Akhbar seems to know a bit much for my taste...there's gotta be something more to him," Norvak thinks to himself.

Rolls an insight check to determine Akhbar's true motives for being here.

[roll0]

shamgar001
2013-02-18, 10:21 PM
If anyone wishes to make a check for knowledge, perception, or insight, I will PM the results to the player, and it is up to their discretion to reveal that information. PMs have been sent to AP and NH for their respective checks. I may also send PMs based on information gathered through passive insight or perception that other players wouldn't know.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-18, 10:24 PM
Akbar places his left hand over the top of his right wrist. Though stormpeace should be in place, he hoped this... being would not attack. He was prepared for some kind of animal that might attack, but certainly not another supposedly civilized person.

He looked at the others in the room. The dwarf woman and eladrin simply wanted shelter. The Noremhelm, however, acted like this was his shelter.

"I bring upon you no harm," states the dragonborn. "Are you here due to stormpeace?"

Lomico
2013-02-18, 10:54 PM
"I am here because there is no peace." Xhellian replied as he finished his circling back at the entrance to the inner room.
"But the stormpeace I keep, though others have forsaken it."
Looking back to the Dragonborn, he clasps his hands behind his back.
"You, however, have still not answered my question. Perhaps you do not value the stormpeace so much as you imply."

Roll Insight on Akhbar 1d20+7
Roll Insight on Norvak 1d20+7
Roll Insight on Riswynn 1d20+7

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-18, 11:32 PM
"I asked you first."
Akbar started to casually walk into the room, and moved closer to the eladrin and dwarf, staying near those more civil. Should the noremhelm break stormpeace, he may be required to help defend these two.

He kept a cautious eye on the noremhelm, but most importantly remembered why he came.

"This room is normally the first defence in protecting the inner tomb, you know?" Akbar spoke to the eladrin.

He makes an insight check on the noremhelm, with a very specific focus. Is the noremhelm actually holding something behind his back, or is he bluffing and pretending there's a weapon? Also, how hostile is he?
[roll0]

Finally, he makes an arcana check on the eladrin to see if he's arcane in nature. Also, he makes an insight check to see how learned he is, checking his reaction to the fact about the tomb. Is he interested in learning? Is this why he's here?
[roll1] for arcana,
[roll2] for insight.

riswynn
2013-02-18, 11:47 PM
As Riswynn longs for peace and quiet, she decides it might be good to make sure everyone is open to keeping hostility out of this shelter.

"I do not know any of you. But I suggest that we all be civil, and answer the questions of others willingly and openly."

Lomico
2013-02-18, 11:57 PM
"And I have answered. Yet he has not answered me. Tell me, dragonspawn, since you seem to have knowledge of this place, what you know of the artifact said to lie here. Or is that another question you'll dance around?"
Extending his arms out, he shows his hands, empty.
"And as you can see, I have no intent to break peace, so you may as well tell us what you know. We may be able to help you, since we seem to all be stuck for the duration of the storm."

Folding his arms behind him again, he gives a pointed look at all three of the others.

However, if one of you try any deception, death will be swift in coming"

Xhellian then turns and strides into the middle room, picking up his pack as he passes the door, and simply looks over his shoulder, waiting for the others to follow.

riswynn
2013-02-19, 12:22 AM
"And where, exactly, are you going?"

Riswynn already doesn't care for this Xhellian character, so she definitely does not want to be the first person to follow him blindly.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 12:32 AM
Akbar sat in silence and came to a small realization.
"I'm simply researching the history of this site. Did one of you set off the traps? I suppose you two didn't set them off," Akbar spoke to the dwarf and eladrin.

"I am a professor, and I am at your service. I am here to preserve the history of this gobelstor. It was sealed shut until recently, and I'm here in hopes to preserve what I can."

"And if there are artifacts here -" Akbar looked sternly at the noremhelm "- they should be left alone."

riswynn
2013-02-19, 12:40 AM
"Why is it all of a sudden open again? And why was it sealed shut in the first place?", Riswynn asked, genuinely interested in what the professor is saying.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 01:05 AM
"It's believed that this was the tomb of the last king of a goblin empire - King Gavor the Second of Vishkavan, to be precise. Those people were wiped out by Khamulites, the followers of Khamul. It was only the most important members of their society who got a gobelstor such as this very one. Most of them were sealed shut, but this one stood the test of time from grave robbers with a much better entry protection."

"As far as why it has been blown open... I..." Akbar paused with sorrow. "I don't know why, or who did it."

"I also believe this building is both a lot larger and more dangerous than it looks. Whoever worked this hard to get in must've either been incredibly well prepared for the dangers below, or incredibly naive."

riswynn
2013-02-19, 01:21 AM
The dwarf looks both intrigued and a bit nervous at the tale the dragon-man is telling. On one hand, she is looking forward to fighting a monster to gain skill, but she fears that her current skill set might not be enough to protect her from these underground terrors.

"...and, eh...what exactly are the dangers below this building?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 01:35 AM
Akbar began to speak with a slight, sarcastic smirk. "Probably a balor."

After chuckling, he regained composure. "I jest. But to be honest, I'm not sure. There should be traps in this room, but they seem to be disabled."

"I normally wouldn't advise this, but I feel like we should go deeper. Or... At least I should. This is a place that should be protected, and I'm not going to be able to get to the bottom of who would blow open the door and disable the traps unless I investigate further. Besides - I don't see this odd out-of-season torrent letting up anytime soon."

Lomico
2013-02-19, 01:47 AM
Xhellian continues to slowly move towards the staircase, obviously heading for the dungeon below. He turns his head and calls back to the crew outside the door.
Trolls, Goblins, Giant Worms: The usual for such places. Are you saying that a dwarf lacks the courage to go underground? Come master dragon, I'll guide your way down."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 01:51 AM
Akbar whispers to the dwarf;
"Don't let him bully you. If you don't feel it's safe, you have no reason to endanger yourself for a naive manipulator. Nevertheless, I have to go in. You're more than welcome to join me if you wish, but you are under no obligation."

Akbar slowly walks towards the noremhelm, and begins to speak;
"What's this you say about an artifact? You aren't the one who broke in here, are you?"
If anything, maybe he should be following this noremhelm to make sure he doesn't destroy this tomb any more than is already as been.

riswynn
2013-02-19, 01:52 AM
Riswynn stares distrustingly at Xhellian, since she is pretty sure he cannot read her mind, and thus would not know her fears.

"I am willing to follow you down there, Akbar."

She readies her axe and gathers her backpack to head down into the unknown.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 01:56 AM
"Very well. Onward we go."
If anything, Akbar was pleased to have a second set of eyes on the noremhelm.

"How about you, eladrin?"

Lomico
2013-02-19, 01:57 AM
"No, I did not break in. When I reached here 3 days hence, it was already open, the stair down gaping like a great maw. I have been camping here since prepping for a decent."

Stopping at the top of the steps, Xhellian turns to Akbar, looking past into the room beyond at the others before starting down once again.

"It is dark down below. My vision will suffice, but you may need a torch."

"I know of the artifact through rumor only. The same rumor may have been what drew whatever has been here already. But all such sites have rumors that abound about them. I had hoped you may have more fact than fiction about such things."

SkunkApe88
2013-02-19, 02:06 AM
Nothing that complex really. I checked out some of the scrolls at the academy and apparently the assassin's guild helped design the whole thing. Easiest way to get in and out safely is with a goblin aura spell. *There's an anti-non-goblin spell placed on the doorway of the tomb* Strangely, the book with the spell's incantation went missing shortly after the tomb was sealed.

Lomico
2013-02-19, 12:53 PM
At the sound of another voice entering the building, Xhellian stops his decent and turns and sweeps his gaze through the temple, stopping on the strange creature that had just entered.

"Another come out of the storm? Welcome, then, to our illustrious band."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 12:59 PM
"..."

Akbar looks up at the noremhelm, intrigued and cautious.

nholloway2007
2013-02-19, 01:10 PM
"Akbar, I am more than willing to follow. What I seek may be there...and...it never hurts to attain more knowledge. Who are you, newcomer?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 02:28 PM
"Noremhelm; if you believe in a great artifact rumored to be here, and can see in the dark yourself, why would you camp for three days instead of just heading down? Further, if you claim you're here due to stormpeace, why have you been here for three days? The door is mysteriously burst open, the traps are mysteriously disabled, and I catch you in self-contradictory."

Akbar gripped his gauntlet.

"Why should I trust you, and more importantly, why do you want to be going down with us?"

Naur138
2013-02-19, 02:38 PM
Baruk Borinul trudges his way across the plains through the every increasing deluge with a stubbornness that could only belong to a dwarf. In the distant he starts to make out the shape of a large hut on the next hill top. Immediately he quickens his pace,"At last, something unique on these featureless plains, and better yet, it looks like a fine shelter from this blasted storm!"

As he draws closer to the structure, Baruk notices the faint glow of light inside and can hear several different voices inside. Stopping momentarily, he makes sure he has easy access to his axe and shield in case of trouble, then moves towards the open door and shouts, "Hail, can any room be found to give a lone dwarf some shelter?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 02:57 PM
"There's shelter from the storm in here, and you will be safe." affirmed Akbar, turning his gaze to the new dwarf. "This fellow dwarf and eladrin, as well as myself, will be headed down to see why this building has been disturbed. You may join us if you'd like."

riswynn
2013-02-19, 02:59 PM
Riswynn looks towards the new dwarf with intrigue.

"Hello, brother. Do come in. Everyone else has."

Naur138
2013-02-19, 03:33 PM
Baruk walks inside cautiously, keeping an eye out for any threats.

"What's is so important about this place that it matters that it has been disturbed?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 03:37 PM
"In short, it's a tomb belonging to the last king of an empire. That very door you just moved through was sealed shut until recently. I'm interested in finding out who broke in, and why they did."

Naur138
2013-02-19, 04:05 PM
"That sounds interesting, and considering I can't do much else till this storm passes, I'll join you"

nholloway2007
2013-02-19, 06:15 PM
"I'm sure we can find some sort of information...books, scrolls...something...to tell us why, or exactly what's down there. So let us not waste time talking, and get down there," Norvak said anxiously.

Lomico
2013-02-19, 06:53 PM
"You misheard, Dragonborn. I am not here for the stormpeace, I mearly said I hold to it. As to why I haven't gone down yet, it is for the first rule of exploration: be prepared. I had been gathering food and supplies, and even the ability to see in the dark is no reason to not be wary of what is there."

Turning back to his decent down the stairs, he continues to speak to the group at large

"As to why I want to be going down with you...more bodies to find traps, kill enemies. Allies are never lightly thrown away."

Turning and giving a pointed look at the dragonborn before continuing down, Xhellian finishes
"As to trust, I do not expect it from one such as you."

riswynn
2013-02-19, 06:58 PM
Riswynn walks forward and begins walking down the stairs, following Xhellian into the void below.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 07:06 PM
Akbar, still distrusting of the large feline, walks with Riswynn. Akbar pulls out a torch, and uses a little of his very dragonbreath to light it.

nholloway2007
2013-02-19, 07:44 PM
Norvak follows Akbar down the stairs, using the light from his torch in order to place each step, for fear any step will fall out from under him.

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 08:27 PM
Suddenly, a swirling vortex opens in the outer wall of the structure housing the stairs. Sikker Draoi stumbles out of the chaos, and, as the maelstrom gradually subsides, he mutters to himself, "Hmm. I wonder where I've stumbled off to this time..."

He hears the crack of thunder outside. "Good thing I came out of this portal somewhere dry." He chuckled, and began to look around the chamber he had found himself in.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-19, 09:08 PM
Akbar stared at the human walking through the portal. With so many open tombs, why was it that everyone was taking shelter in this one?

Maybe... Maybe everyone wasn't here because of stormpeace, but maybe it was fate that was bringing this group together.

"Welcome, human. Join us in the expedition downstairs? We're going to find out who broke in and why."

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 09:28 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Sikkar's skin suddenly rippled--muscle's bulging, mottled grey and black fur growing out of his tan flesh. His jaw lengthens, and, as the transformation to his werewolf form completes, his teeth and nails elongate and sharpen.

"Certainly." He growled.
" Lead, and I shall follow."

SkunkApe88
2013-02-19, 09:40 PM
It was a dark and stormy night, in that cliche manner, and a strange building is seen emerging from the horizon.

"That's odd." Thought the daring assissin. "I wonder what it is?"

As he approached, a clap of thunder sounded and the rain began to fall heavily wetting his nicely groomed fur. "Shimata!" He quickens his pace to get to the looming monument. Upon arrival, a door is seen and he quickly enters the tiny room filled with a strange collection on personalities in it. Without thinking, he shakes the water out of his fur.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-19, 09:47 PM
"Ah! That feels better. Nothing like getting the rain out of your undercoat. Oh look, Stairs!" The Raccoon Dog traipses down the stairs, and stumbles into more people.

"Who are you guys, and what are you doing here?"

Naur138
2013-02-19, 09:58 PM
Baruk, still recovering from the shock of a werewolf coming out of a random portal, turns to face the new comer, which by all appearances was was a talking, ADD Racoon. Under his breath, he mutters

"It's going to be one of those days, isn't it."

SkunkApe88
2013-02-19, 10:13 PM
"It could be worse. Nasty lightningy weather and metal armour never makes a good combo. I've won many fights that way."

Rikuto chuckles at the thought of possibly weirding people out.

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 10:17 PM
"Ah. I apologize for the inconvenience of my appearance. I hope that you forgive me for unsettling you. Is there anything I may do that would make this easier?"

Sikkar worried that they would discover his secret talent, and hoped they would not ask him to continue his bloody work.

Naur138
2013-02-19, 10:34 PM
"You could start by telling us where you came from."

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 10:45 PM
"Well, that is unfortunately not something I am able to answer, as I am unsure. Part of the nature of the portal by which I traveled here removes my knowledge of the location from whence I traveled. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Sikkar was unsure of what else could be done to help these people. He was bothered that he was unable to fulfill their request.

Naur138
2013-02-19, 11:03 PM
"Then perhaps you might be able to tell me how it is that you came to use such a thing, that removes your memories and dumps you in a strange place."

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 11:13 PM
[roll0]

Sikkar languidly stretched as his teeth, claws, and fur retracted. "Sorry. I have a...condition...that's been caused by my dabbling in the forces of chaos. I sometimes...change, in unpredictable ways." Sikkar chuckled, oddly confident for one unable to control such changes.

"One of the more rare changes allows me to use such a power as this portal. However, the change unfortunately does not last long enough for me to maintain control throughout the journey. Thus, I lose the ability to choose my destination, or to recall my origin."

Sikkar looked past the others into the darkness.

"So, what's up ahead? Are we going to go check it out or not?"

riswynn
2013-02-19, 11:27 PM
"That doesn't sound like a very good power," Riswynn mutters under her breath.

Then she turns back towards the dungeons, looking to continue the journey without even more interruptions.

tbergman92
2013-02-19, 11:37 PM
"It's certainly fun." Sikkar laughed. "And it does have its uses--even if I can't always control it."

He turns after Riswynn. "What's the hold up? Let's see what there is to find."

nholloway2007
2013-02-19, 11:40 PM
Norvak moves past Riswynn and slowly begins to make his way down the stairs, embracing the darkness like an old friend as he descends.

shamgar001
2013-02-19, 11:43 PM
The party descends the spiral stairway. The flickering torchlight struggles to penetrate the stagnant darkness. The steps are covered with a thick layer of dust, save the small landing where Xhellion had been sleeping, and the unfamiliar footprints that go further down. The stones and mortar that make up the walls, steps, and ceiling are old, but completely stable by all observation. The shaft is deep, and it takes a few minutes to reach the bottom.

The party emerges from the staircase into a large square room, 50 feet on each side. In each side is a closed bronze door, except for the south wall; its door is half-open.

The floor is littered with piles of small chunks of stone, similar to those upstairs.

riswynn
2013-02-19, 11:44 PM
"Well. Let's start with the open door, shall we?" Riswynn asks, looking at all of the strange faces around her.

nholloway2007
2013-02-19, 11:52 PM
"Before we do, let's shed a little light on the situation," as Norvak casts his light cantrip, illuminating the surrounding area.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 12:08 AM
"Well in that case, we should introduce ourselves! I am Professor Akbar Ali. I am more used to hearing "Professor" or "Prof.", though I won't be upset if you called me Akbar.

I'm a professor of alchemy at Devombor Academy of Arcane Sciences, particular alchemic clockwork constructs. I came here to research why the door to this gobelstor was burst open. My colleagues suggested I look into it, as none of them are quite as -" Akbar smirked playfully "- adventurous as me."

nholloway2007
2013-02-20, 12:13 AM
"Well, I meant literal light, as I'm sure, being a man of your position, you were aware. But, since you chose to explain yourself, I am from Eirthuin, and I was a scientist given to the study of light or...the lack thereof...at the local university. That is, before I decided to go adventuring in search of more knowledge. I naturally had to leave the library, so in searching for that, I wound up here."

riswynn
2013-02-20, 12:23 AM
Riswynn sighs, very audibly, as she would rather explore these intriguing rooms than hear about everyones life story.

She fiddles around with her axe, feeling uncomfortable with all of this sharing.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 12:27 AM
"My name is Sikkar. And this little guy..."

He reaches on top of his head, and picks something up.

"is Dzhelow."

He strokes what appears to be a tiny, nearly transparent cube made of some gelatinous material, as he whispers to it in an odd language.

Some quiet grunts and squeaks seem to come from whatever is in his hands in response.

Sikkar laughed loudly as he looked up at the rest of the group. "He's a funny one."

riswynn
2013-02-20, 12:32 AM
Riswynn stars at Sikkar with an eyebrow raised.

"Great, we have a crazy person with us," she thinks to herself. "At least that will take some attention off of me."

Naur138
2013-02-20, 12:35 AM
"I am Baruk Borinul, and I have some knowledge in how to fight. Beyond that, there is nothing more that needs to be said."

SkunkApe88
2013-02-20, 01:07 AM
"I'm Rikuto the Assassin, head of the Blind Dragon guild. I'm here because I hate the feeling of wet fur and stairs practically beg to be walked upon. I figured that by exploring this abandoned building I might find some sort of use for if it was unoccupied. Sadly, it was."

Rikuto looks around slightly annoyed the present group before him.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 01:37 AM
Good to meet you, everyone. Let's further inward, then.

Akbar began his trek through the open door.

"Gobelstors built for important people are usually rather large, so we would be better off to assume no different with this one."

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 01:41 AM
"Well. Let's go on in then, Doc."

Sikkar follows the Professor through the open door.

nholloway2007
2013-02-20, 01:41 AM
Norvak follows close behind, anxious to see what has him all riled up.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 01:49 AM
A hallway goes sideways from the door. The East hallway turns South after ten feet; the West hall turns South after 20 feet.

riswynn
2013-02-20, 01:50 AM
"So, which way? I would prefer to go West, since it is to the right. Going to the right first has served me well in the past."

Lomico
2013-02-20, 09:12 AM
"With how many we have, would it be beneficial to split up? We could cover more ground that way."

Looking down the two hallways, Xhellian wonders which direction the strange footprints lead

Perception Check
[roll0]

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 11:01 AM
"I feel like we should all go right. There may be many of us, but as you said so yourself, more eyes to spot more traps, yes?"

riswynn
2013-02-20, 12:06 PM
"Splitting up? Really?" Riswynn exclaimed to Xhellian. He obviously has never met my old friend Marty Mikalski.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 12:32 PM
"I would prefer not to split the party as well. It generally seems to end poorly."

A few squeaks echoed from Sikkar's pocket. He patted Dzhellow's head and responded in what sounded like gibberish.

"Dzhellow thinks we should go East, though."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 12:52 PM
"How about we flip a coin on it? Heads, we go east, tails, we go west sound good?"
Akbar pulls a coin out of his pocket.
I'll roll a 1d2, where 1 is heads/east, and 2 is tails, west.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 12:58 PM
A few more squeaks echo from Sikkar's pocket.

"That seems fair to me. Dzhellow, on the other hand, seems to be fairly insistent that East is the way to go."

Sikkar was unsure as to why Dzhellow was so unusually certain. He picked the little cube up and begin whispering to it. Occasional sounds came from the cube in response.

After a few moments, he looked up. "He isn't really sure what's going on, but he has a really strong feeling that East is the way to go. He's okay with the coin toss deciding, however."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 01:07 PM
"Well..." Akbar mumbles shyly "I spent the last few coins I had on me for a pocket watch. Does anyone have a coin they'll flip?"

nholloway2007
2013-02-20, 01:13 PM
"What happened to the coin you just had?"

Lomico
2013-02-20, 01:14 PM
"The question should be, I think, whether we want to continue following the tracks of those that came before us. They lead west, and there are multiple sets of prints."

"I am fine with either direction, though following the tracks may be a more direct way of finding what we're looking for. Splitting up was merely me thinking aloud; I agree that it may be more beneficial to stay together."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 01:15 PM
"I didn't have one when I thought I did! My apologies." Akbar seemed embarrassed.

Our DM just reminded me that I spent all of the coins I had.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 01:18 PM
Ah, Well, by all means then. Let us follow the tracks."

Sikkar looked down at the cube, still quivering slightly in his hand. A few squeaks could be faintly heard.

"Dzhellow still feels an odd sensation that we should go East. However, We am more than willing to follow the tracks for now. He asks, however, that we return later and examine the other corridor."

riswynn
2013-02-20, 01:32 PM
Riswynn starts to walk west with an annoyed look on her face.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 01:36 PM
Sikkar follows Riswynn, holding Dzhellow up to his face and, oblivious to the look on Riswynn's face, continues to speak in the arcane language with the cube as he walks down the hallway.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 01:45 PM
The hallway goes south and continues 40 feet, then turns West again and opens into a room.

The room is rectangular. The west wall is still outside of light radiated by the torch. A little more than halfway down the south wall is another doorway; the heavy bronze door is barely hanging from its hinges.

The floor is covered in small darts. In the middle of the room, there is a corpse on the floor.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 01:53 PM
Sikkar stops as he sees the sight in the next room. He whispers a final comment to Dzhellow, and then returns him to his pocket.

"Hmmm. I wonder what happened here."

Sikkar pulled a sunrod out, and after activating it, throws it across the room to be able to see the far wall.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 01:59 PM
The blaze rod clatters across the floor, spreading its light into the rest of the room. When it hits the ground in the middle of the room, it abruptly stops moving.

The room is 60 feet long. A hallway extends from the far wall.

Lomico
2013-02-20, 02:55 PM
"Well, lets see what we can find, shall we?"

Perception Check
[roll0]

edit: well that sucked. Take 10 then

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 03:13 PM
Akbar walks up to the corse on the floor, and tries to figure out everything he can about it. Who or what is it, why were they here, what killed them, etc.? Also, he checks the pockets.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 03:28 PM
"Hmmmm." mutters Sikkar.

He takes Dzhellow out of his pocket and whispers some words to it, setting it down on the floor. As he lets go of it, the cube becomes fully invisible.

"So, find anything interesting, Doc?"

SkunkApe88
2013-02-20, 06:53 PM
Upon marching down the stairs, Rikuto hears the voice of his dead master reverberate in his head "The most obvious is not the most obvious." Realizing that this might, in fact, be the case, Rikuto walks over to check the corpse out for toxins.

Heal check to detect cause of death. [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 07:08 PM
The body is of a human male. It's in a strange position: the bottoms of his feet are firmly rooted to the floor for not obvious reason, while the rest of the body is limp. Several small darts are stuck in various places on his body, with several other wounds which look to have been delivered by the same darts. The darts are the same as those scattered around the floor.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-20, 07:28 PM
"It appears that these are poisoned darts. I'm not familiar with the design style of the darts. Whoever it was that did this was clearly unprofessional. The boob used Bloodflower sap. Kids are the only ones that use it. And that's only only because they haven't discovered a more effective way to kill cats and stuff yet."

Rolls his eyes at the killer's utter idiocy.

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 08:00 PM
"Wait! Everyone be careful. It is possible that there is some sort of enchantment or mechanical trap that causes one to stick to the floor in a single location.

Arcana check to determine any active magical effects in the room.
[roll0]

riswynn
2013-02-20, 08:01 PM
Riswynn begins moving about and searching the room.

"I wonder if there is anything int-."

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 08:18 PM
There are a three magical zones in the room, burst 1's centered on H9, D5, and K5. The effect hinders mobility in some way.

"There seem to be three areas...There, there, and there. They all in some way affect your ability to move as you would wish. Be careful."

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 08:27 PM
Riswynn walks by the body and the two companions inspecting it when she suddenly feels her feels her feet stop moving, held to the ground by an invisible force. A second later, clicks come from the wall and a flurry or darts fly into the room from all angles!

Encounter Begin!
Initiative Rolls
Akbar (1d20)[8]
Baruk (1d20+1)[9]
Norvak (1d20)[5]
Rikuto (1d20+4)[22]
Riswynn (1d20)[16]
Sikkar (1d20+3)[21]
Xhellion (1d20+7)[16]
Trap (1d20+7)[16]

Also, Riswynn is immobilized (save ends)

SkunkApe88
2013-02-20, 08:57 PM
Hearing the sound of the darts, Rikuto's assassin's training kicks in.

Free action- Drops prone.
Move action- Crawls to G-5.
Minor action- Perception (looking for dart location points).

[roll0]

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 09:11 PM
"Be careful, everyone. These traps are probably activated by pressure plates. I'd even bet this man fell to his death by stepping on one. Why else would he die right here?"

SkunkApe88
2013-02-20, 09:12 PM
While crawling towards the north wall, Rikuto notices an ill placed wall panel near the NE corner of the room.

He yells out, "Look! There's a crack in the wall over by the corner of the room."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 09:31 PM
"Also..." Akbar paused briefly "I might be able to disable these traps when I can get to them. Who else might have the know-how to disable these?"

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 10:02 PM
Move action: Sikkar Walk to J8, Dzhellow walk to J7
Stealth Check for Dzhellow to become hidden: [roll0]
Standard Action: Arcana Check to disable trap zone centered on H9 [roll1]

Sikkar steps confidently towards the body, and stops just outside the arcane zone he can detect with his power. He extends his hand toward the center of the zone and attempts to suppress the power emanating from it.

At the same time, Dzhellow attempts to carefully, silently, and secretively continue on his journey to the hallway.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 10:08 PM
Sikkar's attempt at disabling the zone failed, and its hold on Riswynn is as strong as ever.

Naur138
2013-02-20, 10:10 PM
Baruk asks, to no one in particular

"Can whatever is holding Riswynn down be overcome by strength alone or does it require magical assistance?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 10:13 PM
"I think I can disable it, but to be honest, I think she's in no immediate danger from the zone itself. If anything, it's the arrows that would shoot at her that seem to be the real danger."

Lomico
2013-02-20, 10:18 PM
Reacting to the clicking, Xhellian dashes across to the panel and tries to disable it before the darts are able to launch

Move to N3
Thievery Check to Disable Device
[roll0]

tbergman92
2013-02-20, 10:29 PM
"Baruk, it can be overcome by her strength."

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 10:29 PM
Xhellion opens the panel on the wall to reveal the mechanical parts, revealing not one, but three different firing mechanisms. He skillfully detaches parts and disrupts processes, and manages to shut down one of the systems before it can even fire.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 10:42 PM
But then the other two start whirring and clicking, and they come to life.

A swarm of darts burst from holes on all sides like like angry wasps. Most shoot randomly, but some hit home.

Attack vs. Xhellion's AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack vs. Akbar's AC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack vs. Riswynn's AC: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack vs. Rikuto's AC: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

All hit targets take ongoing 2 poison damage.

Naur138
2013-02-20, 11:00 PM
Holding his shield aloft and hoping not to get hit by to many arrows, Baruk rushes into the room to help Riswynn break free of the trap.

Move Action: Move to J10
Standard Action: Assist Riswynn at freeing herself.
[roll0]

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 11:04 PM
A bolt hits Akbar square in the front of his vest, only to fall to the floor with no impact. After all, it was a darn fine leather vest.

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 11:14 PM
Baruk tries to help, but he trips over his feet on the way. He reaches out to steady himself, and in doing so pushes Riswynn down into the zone.

Riswynn takes -2 penalty to escape grab attempts.

(I'm going to call it a grab instead of just requiring a save)

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 11:23 PM
Akbar strolls calmly but quickly to the north east corner near Xhellian, brushing off his vest.

"Let me see what I can do."

Standard;
Thievery check on the crack to disable a trap;
[roll0]

Move;
Move to N4.

riswynn
2013-02-20, 11:29 PM
Riswynn sighs, thinking it is just her luck that something like this would happen.

Move action: Strength check against being immobilized
- [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 11:36 PM
Riswynn struggles, but the magic has a firm hold on her feet.

On the other side of the room, Akbar manages to disable another firing system. Only one left!

nholloway2007
2013-02-20, 11:49 PM
Norvak moves up to the zone, and attempts to disable the enchanted area Riswynn is trapped in.

Move: move to J7

Standard: arcana check on the trap: [roll0]

shamgar001
2013-02-20, 11:52 PM
Norvak expertly dispels the magical zone that binds Riswynn's feet to the floor.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-20, 11:56 PM
Realizing that two of the traps are disabled and that one of the zones seem to be dispelled, Akbar smirks.

"Good show, chaps!"

riswynn
2013-02-20, 11:57 PM
Riswynn awkwardly gives Norvak a slap on the back.

"Uh, thanks, Norvak. That was nice of you."

nholloway2007
2013-02-21, 12:00 AM
Realizing that Riswynn is more than a tad uncomfortable, "I doubt you would want me to just leave you there...I don't think that's how these things are supposed to work, are they?"

riswynn
2013-02-21, 12:30 AM
"You are correct. I am just used to being able to fend for myself....and to be honest, I have always had to."

nholloway2007
2013-02-21, 12:39 AM
Norvak looks at Riswynn with a slight look of puzzlement. "To be honest, not having family or friends to fall back on is almost an unthinkable circumstance for an eladrin. Most of us all have huge families, and it comes at a price if we are estranged from that family, be it by death, separation, or what have you."

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 12:39 AM
Sikkar looks over at Norvak.

"Well done, Norvak! My own ability to control such magic is based more on chance than it is on any real skill on my part. I'm highly impressed by your control."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 01:06 AM
"And I'm glad to see we're getting along so well. Would anyone like some tea?"

Akbar continues struggling to disable the mechanism running the trap, lest more bolts fire and everyone dies.

riswynn
2013-02-21, 01:11 AM
"Uh...you have tea with you? Where?"

Riswynn glances at the dragon-man with a look of intrigue and disbelief.

nholloway2007
2013-02-21, 01:11 AM
"Thank you, Sikkar. That's what years of training, and a natural penchant for magic will give you. Of course, chaos tends to be...chaotic, doesn't it?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 01:17 AM
Akbar sighs. No one thinks it's cool when a professor tries to be funny.

riswynn
2013-02-21, 01:19 AM
Riswynn continues to look at Akbar, looking for an answer. She is unimpressed by this professor so far.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 01:33 AM
"As a matter of fact I do, young lady. It was in the dead man's pockets."

He pulls out a small bag of dry leaves out of his satchel.

riswynn
2013-02-21, 01:45 AM
"The only tea I have ever seen was a liquid substance. So, dragon-man, I do not think I believe you."

SkunkApe88
2013-02-21, 01:56 AM
Glancing over at Prof Akbar with a confused look, "I'm sure it would be great tea if there was tea in it. Never mind the fact that the herbal infusion has hops in it as well. And some Bloodflower sap from the darts..."

Lomico
2013-02-21, 07:12 AM
Xhellian rolls his eyes at the professors attempt at humor, glad that his suspicion seems to have died down a bit. The team did seem to be doing well.

"Perhaps people would be more willing to consider professors humorous if you guys didn't have a stick up your butts all the time" Xhellian said with a mischievous smile as he also continued working on the control panel

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 10:25 AM
"Ahahahahahahah! Oh, Doc! You're hilarious!"

Sikkar, doubled over with laughter at the Professor's jokes, slowly straightens and catches his breath.

"Oh, and it is rather chaotic, Norvak. But, then again, life's more fun that way." Sikkar's face broke into a wide grin--overjoyed at the unpredictability of life, and still remembering the Professor's sense of humor.

"Two more zones to disable? I guess I could give it another shot!"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 01:00 PM
Akbar puts the "bag of tea" back into his satchel, and continues to work on the trap mechanisms. Though tempted to make a come-back to the kitty, or continue conversation with the dwarf and human, he prioritizes safety of the group and chooses to regain focus.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-21, 09:25 PM
Standing back up {Move action 1} Rikuto limps over towards the strange hallway towards the northwest side of the room {A2, Move action 2}.

"Hey, what happened to the tea? I wonder if one of the herbs in it is a Bloodflower antidote?"

"On going poison damage: 2. Save against ongoing damage: [roll0]"

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 09:33 PM
Minor Action: Pick up Dhzellow, Return to Passive Mode
Move Action: Move to F5
Standard: Arcana Check to Dispel Zone [roll0]

Sikkar looks down. "Hey, Dzhellow! He bends over and picks up the little cube, putting it back into his pocket.

"Well, let's see what I can do about this little problem..."
Sikkar strolls over to the edge of the other enchanted zone, and again spreads out his hand in an attempt to inhibit the arcane energy emanating from the floor.

shamgar001
2013-02-21, 09:33 PM
Rikuto tries to resist the poison, but it continues to affect him. The passage in the west wall almost immediately turns around and heads east, but it's too dark to see what's down it.

Sikkar's attempt to dispel the zone is just enough to decrease its effect, but he can tell that it will be back in a few seconds.

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 09:38 PM
"Well, that worked out quite nicely. For a few moments, anyway." Sikkar laughed, and patted Dzhellow's head, seemingly undaunted by his rather ineffectual attempt at helping.

Lomico
2013-02-21, 10:19 PM
Thievery Check to Disable Device [roll0]
Move to G3

Xhellian attempts to finish disarming the dart trap, then moves to backup Kojaku in case something is waiting around the corner.

shamgar001
2013-02-21, 10:26 PM
The machinery, completely detached from the firing systems, spin freely, and the hail of darts ceases.

Encounter Over.

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 10:35 PM
"Well done, Xhellian! Of course, you were great as well, Doc!"

Sikkar leans down and grabs his sunrod from the floor, before following Xhellian over to provide light and backup to Rikuto.

"Let's see what's ahead, shall we?"

riswynn
2013-02-21, 10:37 PM
Riswynn follows after Sikkar and a few of the others to keep exploring the dungeon.

"This time, someone else can go first," she mutters to no one in particular.

nholloway2007
2013-02-21, 10:47 PM
Norvak follows close behind Riswynn, thinking to himself, "I don't want to stick around long enough for something else to...crop up..."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 10:52 PM
"Interesting contraption. I think I might've built it differently myself, though," Akbar mumbles to himself as he analyzes the dart mechanism, only to notice that the rest of the party has started walking away. After a small sigh, the Fey dragonborn walks westward to catch up with the rest of the group.

"Anyone wanna find out what kind of tea this is?"
A nature check should tell us.

Naur138
2013-02-21, 11:00 PM
Having regained his balance, Baruk goes to follow the rest of the group.

"Hmph, 15 years of training just to go tripping over my own feet!"

tbergman92
2013-02-21, 11:04 PM
"Hmmm. Sorry, Doc. I have to admit I don't know much about natural things. I'm willing to take a look, but I doubt I can help."

Sikkar steps over to the Professor and looks down at the bag in his hand to see if he knows anything about it.

[roll0] Nature check to determine contents of bag.

"Well, no such luck. I haven't the slightest clue what this could be..."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-21, 11:06 PM
"That's alright. I suppose I haven't really looked at it too well myself."

Akbar looks at the bag.
Nature check;
[roll0]

shamgar001
2013-02-22, 12:16 AM
Around the corner is a short hallway that looks to have been untouched since the tomb was first sealed. It opens into a square room, 40 feet to a side. In the middle of the room is a bronze grate. There are two brass doors on the west wall and four on the east wall. There is another passage on opposite side of the west wall.

riswynn
2013-02-22, 12:28 AM
"Should we try all of the doors or keep walking?" Riswynn asks, feeling uneasy about the room.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-22, 12:29 AM
"This place looks untouched. I don't feel like we should disturb this room, as it defeats the purpose of our coming down here."

tbergman92
2013-02-22, 12:32 AM
"Well, exploration is a worthy cause on its own, is it not?"

Sikkar stretches out his hand and attempts to discover if there are any more dangerous areas of magic ahead.

[roll0] Arcana check to determine if there are any magical effects in place in the room.

"Does anyone else detect anything dangerous in this room?"

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-22, 12:48 AM
Akbar sighs.
"I still feel like this isn't right. Haven't we saved the place already? Is there more reason than this to continue?"

Nevertheless, his curiosity did cause him to feel intrigue, and he too checks the magic in the room.
Arcana check;
[roll0]
Perception check;
[roll1]

tbergman92
2013-02-22, 12:52 AM
"Come, Professor. You cannot tell me that you aren't fascinated to discover some of the secrets contained in this tomb?"

Sikkar himself could not imagine anything more interesting than exploring, and discovering new experiences and people to challenge himself against.

Naur138
2013-02-22, 01:01 AM
Baruk gazes suspiciously into the room.

Perception check: [roll0]

"We do not know for certain if that body we found was the only person to have come here. And if I recall right, professor, you had wanted to know not only who came here but why this place was opened up to begin with. I agree that the exploration of this place will probably give the best chance at finding the answer.

tbergman92
Sikkar gestures to the first door on the West wall.

"Shall we?"

riswynn
"Personally, I would like to explore this room. I don't think it would do any harm, dragon-man."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-22, 01:08 AM
Akbar twitches. He really wants to see what's inside.
"Okay. But I'm going to let you know that I detected a subtle magic alarm in this room. If you want to walk ahead, be my guest."

tbergman92
2013-02-22, 01:11 AM
"An alarm? Sounds like fun to me."

Sikkar steps forward into the room.

Sikkar moves to G10.

shamgar001
2013-02-22, 01:18 AM
Sikkar's footsteps echo around the empty room. Nothing happens.

tbergman92
2013-02-22, 01:21 AM
"Well, that was anticlimactic. Want to see what's behind door number 1?"

Sikkar walks to the closest door, and realizes there is no way to open it.

"Hmmm....Perhaps we should attempt to set off the alarm? These doors may open then."

Sikkar walks to G7, and then to J8.

shamgar001
2013-02-22, 01:31 AM
Upon closer inspection, the door doesn't seem to have any means of opening from the outside. It looks like its meant to open, based on the slight gaps between it and the wall where it fits in a slot.

riswynn
2013-02-22, 01:45 AM
"Well, we can't all just stand here...", Riswynn says to the group, as she begins walking into the room more.

Riswynn walks from G9 to N6, avoiding the grate.

nholloway2007
2013-02-22, 09:29 AM
"Riswynn, be careful of that grate. I can just make out evidence of a fire on both the grate and the ceiling above it. It doesn't look like a walk in the park, especially after that room," gesturing to the one we were just in.

Lomico
2013-02-22, 10:32 AM
"Yes, there's definately fire residue on that grate, and since there is some on the ceiling as well, I imagine flames would shoot out of it at times."

Walking over to the 2 doors on the left, Xhellian tries to see if there is any way to pry or force them open or if there is any sort of indication of where they would be opened from

move to G6
Perception [roll0]
Thievery (if it helps) [roll1]

tbergman92
2013-02-22, 12:22 PM
Sikkar strolls over to the hallway on the other side of the room, and, while setting Dzhellow down on the floor, says a few words in the arcane language.

As he walks back across the room to examine the corner, he begins to speak.
"Hmmm. Well, Dzhellow's going to go on ahead a bit to see if he can find anything. Anyone have any ideas of how we can open these doors?"

Move to F3, avoiding the grate.
Place Dzhellow in active mode.
Stealth check for Dzhellow to become hidden [roll0]
Told Dzhellow to scout ahead, and try not to get caught.
Move to M10, avoiding the grate.
(Side note: Once Dzhellow gets 21 squares away from Sikkar, he will automatically teleport to passive mode in my square. Just a reminder.).

shamgar001
2013-02-23, 07:35 PM
As Sikkar steps toward the entrance of the other passageway, he feels a sudden dispersal of arcane energy in the air. A fire lights under the grate and the six bronze doors fall through the floor and six clay homunculi, shaped like goblins, look out from their respective chambers. They brandish antique swords and charge at the intruders!

Encounter Begin!
Initiative:

Akbar: [roll0]
Baruk: [roll1]
Norvak: [roll2]
Riswynn: [roll3]
Sikkar: [roll4]
Rikuto: [roll5]
Xhellion: [roll6]
Homunculi: [roll7]
Fire Trap: [roll8]

SkunkApe88
2013-02-23, 11:25 PM
"Oh great! We're being attacked by goblin like training dummies."
Morphing into his hybrid form, Rikuto sprints towards the nearest of the farther homunculi (H6) and throws his axe like a total beast.

Minor: changes to hybrid form.
Move: L8
Standard: Malee basic attack: Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
weapons finesse [roll2]

Naur138
2013-02-23, 11:45 PM
Having expected danger since he first came to the room, Baruk was ready when the doors opened. Quickly drawing his axe, he charges into nearest enemy yelling, "Khazad ai-menu!"

Minor action: Draws axe
Move action: Moves to G7
Standard action: Attack H2:Brash strike vs AC
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]Edit: I forgot a +2 for dwarven weapon training.
Mark H2

riswynn
2013-02-24, 12:29 AM
Riswynn's eyes widen at the sudden foe in front of her. She instinctively rears her axe up to strike her enemy, and gathers up the Psionic energy within her. She then brings her axe down upon the clay goblin in front of her.

Minor: Battlemind's Demand (mark H5)
Standard: Iron Fist (against H5)
Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
(SEE JESSE'S POST FOR DAMAGE)

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 12:46 AM
The sixth homunculus is just barely able to dodge the axe thrown by Rikuto, which bounces of the wall of the small chamber.

The second and fifth are not so lucky. The former takes the full brunt of Baruk's attack, and is very badly damaged. The latter attempts to evade Riswynn's weapon, but her axe finds a home in its clay body.

Homunculus 2 takes 21 damage and is bloodied.
Homunculus 5 takes 16 damage.

Lomico
2013-02-24, 01:08 AM
Xhellian, quickly reacting to the door opening, strikes out at the Homunculus in front of him

Attack: Five Storms vs Reflex [roll0]

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-24, 01:35 AM
Akbar sighs, seeing as two of the tougher-looking members of the group fail to actually attack the constructs. Determined to make the situation better, he briskly yet calmly strolls to a spot near Xhellion and Baruk and breathes in deep. The Fey Dragonborn raises his right arm to shoulder level, and aims toward a homonculus on the other side of the room.
"Here goes nothing."
As he peers through his monocole, he quickly slaps a compartment on his gauntlet, and a bolt quickly flies through the air.

Move: Move to H6
Magic Weapon (At-Will) Against Homonculus 5 (in O6)
Attack; [roll0] (27)
Damage; [roll1] (12)
On hit, Xhellion and Baruk get +1 to their attack rolls and +3 bonus to damage rolls.

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 01:48 AM
Akbar's attack hits the fifth homunculus hard with his crossbow, aggravating the damage done by Riswynn.

Homunculus 5 takes 12 damage.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-24, 01:53 AM
"With a shot like that," Akbar smirks, "if constructs had spleens, this one would have a spleen no longer."

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 01:55 AM
The first homunculus deftly dodges Xhellion's claws and attempts to stab him in in the gut in response. The second rushes Baruk, trying to pushing him back, while the fifth does the same to Riswynn, while the remaining clay goblins move into the formation programmed into them by their maker.

Homunculus 1
Standard action: Longsword against Xhellion.

Homunculus 2
Standard Action: Positioning Rush against Baruk.
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll2]
Hit: Push Baruk 1 square, shift into G7.

Homunculus 3
Move action: Move to K4.

Homunculus 4
Delay.

Homunculus 5
Standard Action: Positioning Rush against Riswynn.
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll3]
Hit: Push Riswynn 1 square, shift into N6.

Homunculus 6
Move action: Move to M10
Standard Action: Positioning Rush against Rikuto.
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll4]
Hit: Push Rikuto 2 squares, shift into L9.

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 01:57 AM
*Negated by Reaction*

Move action: Move to N5
Standard Action:
Positioning Rush against Riswynn.
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: Push Riswynn 1 square, shift into M6.

riswynn
2013-02-24, 03:19 AM
As Riswynn's marked foe, H5, pushes her back and shifts to a more advantageous position, she shifts with it.

Opportunity Action: Blurred Step; shift to M7

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 03:27 AM
The fourth homunculus seems momentarily confused by the temporal contortion that robbed it of its target. It then regains focus and moves to attack again.

Move action: Move to M6
Longsword against Riswynn

tbergman92
2013-02-24, 01:23 PM
Move Action: Move to H4.
Standard: Chaos Bolt attack, Target: Homunculus 3.
Charisma Vs. Will
Attack: [roll0]

A little slow to react, Sikkar notices the movement of the Homunculi, steps toward the fray, and fires a bolt of chaotic energy at the nearest Homunculus.

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 06:58 PM
The fire under the grate suddenly flares to life, filling the center of the room with a column of hot plasma. Rikuto attempts to avoid the flames.

Attack vs. Rikuto's Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] fire damage.

nholloway2007
2013-02-24, 09:25 PM
Norvak moves closer to the first homunculus, using his abilities to test the creature for vulnerabilities.

Move action: moves to G9
Arcana check to look for vulnerabilites: [roll0]

nholloway2007
2013-02-24, 09:45 PM
After determining the vulnerabilities, Norvak attacks the homunculus with a barrage of darts from his fingertips.

Standard: Unraveling Dart, Target: Homunculus 1.
Intelligence Vs. Fortitude
Attack:
Damage:

shamgar001
2013-02-24, 09:55 PM
As the magical darts approach the first homunculus, they transform into small bolts of lightning. Upon striking the construct, it reels back at the current damages it.

Homunculus 1 takes an additional 5 lightning damage due to vulnerability.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-25, 12:58 AM
Not in the least bit happy with his last results, Rikuto makes another attempt at the goblin shaped training dummy.

"Take this you perverse beastie."
Rikuto draws his ninjato and charges the clay goblin.

Move action: K10
Standard action: Malee basic attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
weapon finesse: [roll2]

target is H6

Naur138
2013-02-25, 08:55 AM
Baruk swings his axe at his opponent and attempts to force it back into it's chamber.

Standard action:Attack H2:Tide of Iron vs AC
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Hit:pushes target back 1 space and I shift into the space it previously occupied.

shamgar001
2013-02-25, 10:49 AM
Baruk smashes his shield against the homunculus, and that's one more hit than it could handle. He drives straight through it as it shatters into debris.

Homunculus 2 is now destroyed.

riswynn
2013-02-25, 12:37 PM
Riswynn prepares to attack one of the enemies in front of her and prepares herself for possible injuries that may be inflicted on her.

Minor Action: +1 Augment Battlemind's Demand (marked H4 and H5)
Standard Action: Iron Fist (against H5)

Lomico
2013-02-25, 12:54 PM
Xhellian tries to strike the creature in front of him once again

Attack: Five Storms vs H1
Dex vs Ref [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Furry of Blows (on Hit): 5 Damage

edited for clarification

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-25, 01:14 PM
"Hmn."
Akbar moves a little closer to Sikkar, places a bolt into his gauntlet, and fires again.
Move: Shift to H5
Minor: Load Crossbow
Standard: Magic Weapon
Target - H5
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
On hit, Xhellion and Sikkar both receive +1 to their attack rolls and +3 to their damage rolls until the end of my next turn.

shamgar001
2013-02-25, 03:18 PM
The first homunculus takes heavy damage from Xhellion's skillful strikes. With its limbs cracking apart, it attempts to drive its assailant toward the grate.

The third homunculus exposes himself to attack from Sikkar in order to get a better position. It then tries to shove Sikkar toward the grate.

The fourth tries to move into position to push Riswynn on the grate, but it finds that she has moved away, right in front of the fifth homunculus. It is surprised to see her there, but it takes the opportunity to make its own attack.

The sixth continues to engage with Rikuto, taking advantage of his fumble and striking at a vulnerable point.

Homunculus 1 is bloodied.

Homunculus 1
Standard action: Positioning Rush against Xhellion
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: Push Xhellion 2 squares, shift to G6

Homunculus 3
Move action: Move to G3 (Provokes an opportunity attack from Sikkar.)
Standard action: Positioning Rush against Sikkar
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll1]
Hit: Push Sikkar 2 squares, shift to H4

Homunculus 4
Move action: Shift to N7.
(Riswynn Opportunity action: shift to M6)
Standard action: Longsword against Riswynn
Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage.

Homunculus 5

Standard action: Positioning Rush against Riswynn
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll4]
Hit: Push Riswynn 1 square, shift to M6

Homunculus 6

Standard action: Longsword against Rikuto
Attack vs. AC: [roll5]
Hit: [roll6] damage.

tbergman92
2013-02-25, 03:38 PM
Opportunity Action:
Melee Basic Attack Against Homunculus 3
Attack Vs. AC: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Move Action: Move to H8
Standard Action:
Chaos Bolt Vs. Homunculus 6
Attack vs. Will: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3]
Effect: If roll is even, and hits, Make a secondary attack against a different target.Chaos Bolt secondary attack vs. Homunculus 1
Attack vs. Will: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5]
Effect: If roll is even, and hits, Make a secondary attack against a different target.Chaos Bolt secondary attack vs. Homunculus 3
Attack vs. Will: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7]
Effect: If roll is even, and hits, Make a secondary attack against a different target.Chaos Bolt secondary attack vs. Homunculus 5
Attack vs. Will: [roll8]
Hit: [roll9]
Effect: If roll is even, and hits, Make a secondary attack against a different target.Chaos Bolt secondary attack vs. Homunculus 4
Attack vs. Will: [roll10]
Hit: [roll11]
Effect: If roll is even, and hits, Make a secondary attack against a different target.

Seemingly unconcerned by the utter failure of his last attack, Sikkar swipes at the homunculus with his staff as it moves around him.
He then steps quickly off of the fire grate, and again raises his hand to attack, this time aiming at the homunculus nearest Rikuto.

riswynn
2013-02-25, 03:59 PM
As Riswynn realizes what Homunculus 5 is doing, she stomps her right foot down upon the dangerous fire grate beneath her.

"I'm coming for you, you stupid goblin!"

After this short outburst, Riswynn becomes embarrassed, as she realizes she's yelling at animated clay.

tbergman92
2013-02-25, 04:06 PM
Sikkar glanced over at Riswynn, a concerned look on his face.

She does realize it's just clay, doesn't she? I wonder if she's 'all there' in her head...I should keep an eye on her., he thought as he turned his attention back to the battle.

shamgar001
2013-02-25, 04:58 PM
The flames jet up from the grate again, this time harming no one.

nholloway2007
2013-02-25, 09:37 PM
Norvak moves up in the middle of two homunculi, and begins to channel the energy of the shadows through his body and expels it in an explosive sphere.

Move action: moves to M9
Standard action: Spirit rend
Area: burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: each enemy within the burst (origin square M7, targets Homunculi 4 and 5)
Intelligence vs. Will; necrotic damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends). If the target is undead. it takes no damage and is not immobilized. Instead, the target must take a free action to move as far as its speed allows to a square farther away from you, and it is dazed (save ends). Miss: Half damage.

nholloway2007
2013-02-25, 09:43 PM

shamgar001
2013-02-25, 10:22 PM
As Norkak moves into position, the sixth homunculus takes advantage of his carelessness and makes an attack.

Longsword against Norvak
Hit: [roll1] damage.

The fourth homunculus takes damage, but it manages to avoid the most dangerous part of the burst. The fifth is not so lucky; it absorbs the necrotic energy and explodes into pieces.

Homunculus 5 has been destroyed. Homunculus 4 takes half damage.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-26, 06:30 PM
Exceedingly pissed off at the last two failures, Rikuto has another go at his target.

Move action: Moves to M9
Standard action: Melee basic attack: ninjato [roll0]
weapon finesse: [roll2]
Targets H6

"This better do something this time..."

Naur138
2013-02-26, 09:24 PM
Smelling Rikuto's charred fur and hearing his frustration, Baruk decides to go over and lend aid.

Move action: move to K9
Standard action: Brash strike against H6
Attack vs AC:[roll0]
Hit:[roll1]
Effect: Grants combat advantage to target, target is marked.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-26, 10:20 PM
Suddenly, Rikuto remembers a certain piece of trivia.

"Shimata! I got Bloodflower toxins injected when those darts hit me. This would explain the weak and slightly offness that I've been dealing with. Anyone have an antidote to help me regain strength faster?"

riswynn
2013-02-26, 11:49 PM
With great determination, Riswynn walks forward and attempts to smash the clay goblin to her right.

Move action: to M6
Minor action: Battlemind's Demand to mark H4
Standard action: Iron Fist against H4
Effect: Until the end of my next turn, I have +2 resistance to all damage.

Lomico
2013-02-26, 11:50 PM
Xhellian shifts so that he can hit both of the targets near him, and then lashes out in a storm of blows

Move to G5
Attack: Five Storms->Dex vs Ref, Burst One, Targets H1 & H3
Vs H1: [roll0]
Vs H3: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Furry of Blows vs H3 (if hit): 5 Damage

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 12:04 AM
As Rikuto moves around the sixth homunculus, it sees an opportunity to attack and takes it.

Likewise, the first takes a swipe at Baruk just before its body shatters under a blow from Xhellion's powerful claws.

Riswynn's powerful blow against the fourth homunculus left the clay animate cracked and in poor condition.

Homunculus 6
Opportunity attack against Rikuto

Homunculus 1
Opportunity attack against Baruk

Homunculus 1 has been destroyed. Homunculus 4 is bloodied.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-27, 12:21 AM
Akbar looks toward Rikuto;
"How are you holding up?"
As much as he'd like to get over there and heal up the raccoon-dog himself, he realizes that he's a little too close to a homonculus for comfort in the meantime.
Move; Shift to H6
Minor; Load Crossbow
Standard; Magic Weapon on Homonculus 3.
Attack vs. AC - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
On hit, Xhellion's gets +1 to attacks and +3 to damage until the end of my next turn.

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 12:50 AM
The third homunculus starts to break down as the arrow fractures its clay body.

Homunculus 3 is bloodied.

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 01:59 AM
With only three homunculi remaining, they make their respective attacks.

The third homunculus slowly tries to maneuver around Xhellion and attacks with its sword.

The fourth tries to line up Riswynn with the grate, but finds its tactic frustrated again. Its simple, preprogrammed mind is simply not capable of understanding what's happening. It decides to just swing its sword.

The sixth homunculus attempts to move out of its disadvantageous position. Baruk attempts to stop its movement with a swing of his axe, but it avoids the blow. Now in a better position, it attempts to push Baruk onto the grate, but Baruk is able to stand his ground.

Homunculus 3
Move action: Shift to G4
Standard Action: Longsword against Xhellion

Homunculus 4
Move action: Shift to N6
Opportunity action by Riswynn: shift to M7
Standard Action: Longsword against Riswynn

Homunculus 6
Move action: Shift to K10
Opportunity action by Baruk: Melee Basic Attack against Homunculus 6

Attack vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] damage, and Homunculus 6 doesn't move.
If the opportunity attack hits, Homunculus will shift again. If it does not, Homunculus 6 will make the following attack:
Standard Action: Positioning Rush against Baruk
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll6]
Hit: Push Baruk 1 square, and shift to K9

Lomico
2013-02-27, 04:51 AM
Sidestepping the attack from the homunculus, Xhellian snaps in another blow with his fist.

Disciplined Counter vs H3
Trigger: H3 missed it's attack
Attack: Dex vs Ref [roll0]
H3 grants combat advantage till end of my next turn

tbergman92
2013-02-27, 01:38 PM
Move Action: Move to L3
Standard Action: Chaos Bolt against Homunculus 4
Attack Vs. Will: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Psychic Damage. If attack hits, and roll is even, then make secondary attack: Standard Action: Chaos Bolt against Homunculus 6
Attack Vs. Will: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] Psychic Damage.

Sikkar, oddly unconcerned by his inability to hit the broad side of a barn, dashes across the room to a better position, and again raises his hand to attempt to direct the chaos to attack one of the clay figures.

"Yes!"

As the chaos energy finally decides to bend to his will and hits the homunculus next to Riswynn, Sikkar is able to bounce the remnants of energy into the homunculus next to Baruk.

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 01:43 PM
The bolt surges through both homunculi, causing them to shake and spasm. The sixth homunculus continues to move less effectively after the bolt wears off.

Flames erupt from the grate, once again hitting no one.

Homunculus 6 is bloodied.

nholloway2007
2013-02-27, 03:47 PM
Norvak turns toward the sixth homunculus and fires a bolt of energy from his wand, hoping to take it out easily in its weakened state.

Move action: moves to M8
Standard action: Magic missile
Target: Homunculus 6
Intelligence vs. Reflex;

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 03:54 PM
The sixth homunculus teeters on its stumpy legs, but the magic that animates it seems to be able to hold it together for just a little longer.

SkunkApe88
2013-02-27, 08:36 PM
Responding to Akbars question, "I think I'm stabilizing, sort of. The worst of the toxin seems to have peaked, although it may be a while before I'm at peak function."

After years of tough training, Rikuto does a quick meditation, clears his mind and then makes a renewed attempt. Wanting to be of some use, he takes another go and charges at the backside of seemingly repellant Homunculus.

Move action: Moves to L10
Standard action: Melee basic attack: Ninjato [roll0]
Weapon finesse: [roll2]
Assassin strike: [roll3]

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 08:41 PM
The meditation paid off. Chunks of clay fly through the air as Rikuto delivers a powerful blow with his ninjato. The ring of his sword fills the air, punctuated by the sound of debris falling to the ground.

Homunculus 6 has been destroyed.

Naur138
2013-02-27, 10:02 PM
Baruk moves to Riswynn's side and attempts to shatter her attacker.

Move action: Move to M6
Standard action: Brash Strike against H4
Attack vs AC[roll0]
Hit:[roll1]
Effect:Grants combat advantage to Target

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 11:31 PM
Baruk's waraxe smashes the figure, leaving Riswynn with one less foe to worry about.

Homunculus 4 has been destroyed.

riswynn
2013-02-27, 11:40 PM
Riswynn, seemingly annoyed at the help from the other Dwarf, walks over to the last remaining clay goblin and attempts to destroy it.

Move action: to H5
Minor action: Battlemind's Demand to mark H3
Standard action: Iron Fist against H3
Effect: Until the end of my next turn, I have +2 resistance to all damage.

shamgar001
2013-02-27, 11:44 PM
With a swift stroke from Riswynn's massive axe, the last homunculus is destroyed. The grate continues to flare every few seconds, as it continues to detect living creatures in the room.

Homunculus 3 has been destroyed.

Encounter End

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-02-28, 10:16 AM
Akbar checks the broken homonculi to look at their construction and see what he can find out about the builders.

Not sure what kind of check is needed.

Lomico
2013-02-28, 11:33 AM
Xhellian moves around the room, working out the triggers and settings for the fire, slowly working on it till it disables.

Thievery take 20 (+7=27) on the firetrap

My guess on the Humunculi would be arcana check

shamgar001
2013-02-28, 02:31 PM
The fire trap doesn't seem to have any exposed mechanical workings, but is activated by some kind of magical trigger. It is being fed by some kind of fuel source, which will run out eventually.

riswynn
2013-02-28, 07:33 PM
Riswynn gets out her torch and heads down the unexplored hallway.

"Let's go this way."

shamgar001
2013-02-28, 07:36 PM
Around the corner, the hallway heads east. There is a door on the far end and an open passage about halfway down the hall on the left side.

As Riswynn moves down the hallway, she feels slight resistance under one of her boots and a light squeak. Dzhellow slides back to Sikkar's side to recount the description of the hallway and the massive footwear that inhabits it.

nholloway2007
2013-02-28, 08:51 PM
Norvak slowly begins to follow Riswynn down the hallway, itching for a little more action. "So, Riswynn...what else do you think we'll find down here? Arrows, clay goblins....what's next?"

riswynn
2013-02-28, 08:55 PM
"I'm not sure, elf. I guess we'll find out. Did you see if the others were going to follow us?"

Riswynn stops to turn back and see if anyone else is joining them.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-03-01, 12:05 AM
Akbar, completely obvlious to the fact that his fellow adventurer's have gone on ahead, learns to see if he can gain any information that might be useful to his own clockwork creations - or even just in general - by studying the broken down clay homonculi.
Arcana check to do cool stuffs;
[roll0]

shamgar001
2013-03-01, 01:24 AM
Akbar proceeds to do arcane stuff. It is very cool indeed.

SkunkApe88
2013-03-01, 10:06 AM
Seeing that everyone is on the move, Rikuto runs towards H6's origin to collect his Axe.

"Comrades, what do you think are the chances that the rain has stopped outside? This place is getting a bit drafty for my taste. Never minding the fact that I need to get some healing herbs..."

tbergman92
2013-03-01, 03:06 PM
Sikkar begins to follow the others down the hallway, but stops after a few steps. He reaches toward the floor and picks up Dzhellow.

As he conversed with the little cube, Sikkar slowly followed the others down the hallway.

With a slightly confused look on his face, Sikkar looks up and states, "Dzhellow says to be careful...Something about giants not watching their step? He's a bit upset, so it's hard to understand."

Sikkar shrugs his shoulders, and continues walking past the dwarf and eladrin standing in the hallway, eager to see what's ahead--particularly through that doorway up ahead...

Lomico
2013-03-01, 03:50 PM
"I imagine at his size, if a goblin were to step near him he'd think it'd be a giant, so I wouldn't trust his size estimations." Xhellian said as he followed Sikkar down the hallway

riswynn
2013-03-01, 04:30 PM
Riswynn rolls her eyes at two of her companions that are referring to a creature she can't even see. She stands behind Xhellian as the group approaches the door.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-03-01, 07:03 PM
"Well! That's interesting! It turns out that -"
Akbar, beaming, looks up only to see that everyone has left the room. He had been so engrossed in his study that he didn't even realize he was alone!
"Looks like I better catch up."

riswynn
2013-03-01, 08:38 PM
When Riswynn hears footsteps approach the back of the group, she looks back to see who it is.

"Good thing you joined us, dragon-man. You wouldn't want to get left behind down here."

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-03-01, 08:48 PM
"It's quite alright. I tend to get along with constructs very well, actually. That, however, was my first time trying to talk to a dead one."
Akbar smirked.

riswynn
2013-03-01, 08:51 PM
"Did you learn anything from it?" Riswynn inquires.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-03-01, 09:08 PM
"The first thing I noticed was that the clay seemed to be the same kind find on the floor in some of the other rooms, like that in the entryway, for example. Also, I inspected the arcane 'engine' that they possessed. Though simple in form, it's surprisingly complex for what I'd imagine these goblins to be capable of. Further, and most interesting, I discovered these were not homunculi after all, but rather just clay golems! Odd, yes?"

nholloway2007
2013-03-02, 05:25 PM
"Professor, despite my learning, you're speaking over my head...what, praytell, is the difference in a homunculus and a golem?"

riswynn
2013-03-03, 09:00 AM
Suddenly bored with the current conversation, Riswynn turns towards to door and twists the doorknob and gives it a little push.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-03-03, 12:09 PM
"Both homunculi and golems are simply animated matter in the shape of a body; the difference is that humunculi require delicate construction of various materials, while golems are typically a single substance. In exchange for the simpler composition, they can only follow very simple orders. A really well built homunculus could almost mimic a real person, while a golem could never be so sophisticated."

shamgar001
2013-03-03, 01:00 PM
The ancient door creaks as Riswynn pushes it open. Beyond the door is the central room where the staircase had first deposited the party. The room is exactly as it was left, save one exception: there is an elf just stepping off of the bottom stair.