PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Armed Spellcasting

Ruethgar
2013-02-17, 03:16 PM
Are there any rules for being able to cast multiple spells in a round by using a separate set of arms for somatic components and a silent/non-verbal spell?

Hunter Killer
2013-02-17, 03:20 PM
There's a feat in Savage Species called Multitasking that allows a Partial Action for every set of arms you have. In 3.5, Partial Actions became Standard Actions, so you'd be able to use Multitasking to cast a Standard Action spell with each set of arms. It's a HUGE feat investment, though.

Ruethgar
2013-02-17, 03:24 PM
Ew, req of 9 BAB for a caster is a lot. And I would have to weasel in natural attacks. Certainly a challenge.

The Viscount
2013-02-17, 11:12 PM
Alternatively, if you wildshape into a Spellweaver, I believe you would be able to use its spellweave ability if you used enhance wildshape.

Rubik
2013-02-17, 11:29 PM
How would these things work with a dvati psion? Especially one who's managed additional bodies?

Kalaska'Agathas
2013-02-18, 12:13 AM
Are there any rules for being able to cast multiple spells in a round by using a separate set of arms for somatic components and a silent/non-verbal spell?

Beholder Mage kinda-sorta lets you do that.

karkus
2013-02-18, 02:15 AM
+9 BAB for a mage is ludicrous.

However, it can be easier to achieve as a divine spellcaster, such as a Cleric or a Druid (keyword: easier).

Wildshaping or designing your own spell can transform you into a multi-limbed creature, allowing for double spells/round.

Spuddles
2013-02-18, 05:32 AM
Girallon's Blessing, Druid/Cleric 3 gets you another pair of arms, with claws and a rend, SpC.

Greenish
2013-02-18, 06:08 AM
+9 BAB for a mage is ludicrous.So is being able to take several standard actions in a round as a caster.

One could take Swiftblade and refluff its 3.0 haste effect into casting with a different pair of hands.

Psyren
2013-02-18, 10:50 AM
How would these things work with a dvati psion? Especially one who's managed additional bodies?

Pretty much any question involving Dvati has "ask your DM" as the answer. They're a cool concept but not nearly enough thought was put into their execution.

If you want my personal take on it, I note that they both have to concentrate on a spell to get it off - so I would say that applies to anything that needs concentration. (This would include manifesting or invoking, but not supernatural abilities like vestiges.)

Ruethgar
2013-02-19, 01:27 PM
So, divine spellcaster and wait til 12. Not too bad I suppose, still a massive feat sink. Would be better off making an archer who only needs 0 and 1st lvl spells. Create Water(as snow), Snow Shape and yay free arrows and multiple bows. Have to be bladed bows to fit snow shape's req of bladed wep but w/e, fighters have plenty of options to make that null.

Enhanced Wild Shape, as far as I can tell, could not give multicasting in this manner as Spellweavers seem to be unique, at least among the books that I have, and monstrous humanoids rather than the limit of plants, animals, dires, beasts, dragons and elementals that wild shape has. Polymorph might work though.

Immabozo
2013-02-19, 01:39 PM
Druid 5/Master of Many forms 3 and spell weaver is easily shifted into. The multi limb spell casting is an extraordinary attack, and as such, you get it. No feats or spells required.

Although you will only be able to cast up to level 6 spells.