PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Duskblade/Ur-priest Spells to channel

Aetolus
2013-02-17, 10:35 PM
The array my DM rolled up have 16,16,15, so I wanted to make something that needs a lot of +3, but no +4 modifiers. This seemed perfect.
I'm looking for spells to channel, but I'm always interested in free advice.

All WotC books except campaign setting and psionics allowed.
Currently lvl 2

1. Human Paragon Iron will; Spellfocus:Evil
2. Duskblade
3. Duskblade Practiced Spellcaster
4. Duskblade
5. Duskblade
6. Ur-Priest Maximize Spell
7. Ur-Priest
8. Human Paragon DMM: Maximize
9. Human Paragon Feat?

The key trait I'm thinking of changing is maximize, but to what? The persist shenanigans are meant for vanilla cleric, I need to pack a punch to make the best use of channel, especially with no full attack channel in sight.
Maximized shivering touch is 18 dex damage.
What other spells work well here?
What spells work with other MM?

Snowbluff
2013-02-17, 10:42 PM
Harm and Slay Living are good options, even if the saves are bad. Neither really benefits from Maximized.

The best Duskblade spells for laying on pain are Shocking Grasp and Vampiric Touch.

Persist will pretty much always be a good option. Quicken is very competitive if you use it to attack (for buffing Persist is better).

Metahuman1
2013-02-17, 10:53 PM
Well, if you've no concern about full attack channeling, a level of Crusader and a couple of levels of Ruby Knight Vindicator + a Full Ur-Priest progression would maybe have merit. You take one big swing with a two handed weapon channeling a spell every round, which also happens to be a standard action strike fueled by Knowledge Devotion, Power Attack, Arcane Channeling and a Standard Action Strike Maneuver.

Add Improved Trip and Knockdown for an extra pot shot and Debuff, and tack on a bunch of persisted Cleric buffs. Now just add Travel devotion to get double movement a round to offset not being good at charging.