PDA

View Full Version : Single-Minion Master Necromancer?

iLaysChipz
2013-02-17, 10:39 PM
Hello world!
Basically I'm trying to create a necromancer with the following back-story: A man (former priest?) is devastated by the death of his wife, and is committed to bringing his wife back to life. So he carries her around in a large coffin (Ok'd by DM, but high weight cost, coffin is considered a d10 weapon). I'd basically like to make a character that can manipulate a corpse he carries around with him and buffs the **** out of that corpse. It doesn't have to stay a singular corpse but it is preferred. Since I have a d10 melee weapon, I figured it would be nifty to have some points into STR, but i'm not too sure about that

Basically what I'm asking is what class would be the best for that and what abilities I should prioritize?

Dissonance
2013-02-17, 10:55 PM
what system are you using? If you have access to PF material there is a class called the summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner) that gets a special single summon all to their self. It would fit mechanics wise and the fluff part is easy enough to work out.

iLaysChipz
2013-02-17, 10:56 PM
We're using basic Pathfinder 3.5, plus whatever modifications the DM might impose (Basically player exceptions like mine)

A_S
2013-02-17, 10:59 PM
We're using basic Pathfinder 3.5

Do I take that to mean you can use both PF and 3.5 material?

iLaysChipz
2013-02-17, 10:59 PM
Summoner sounds great lol, any tips on feats?

iLaysChipz
2013-02-17, 11:01 PM
*Sorry meant just pathfinder

Dissonance
2013-02-17, 11:45 PM
not really much aside from the basic feats like improved initiative and such.

Summoners also get a few summoner only feats. extra evolution can be saved when there is literally nothing else to take, it's not really good. resilient eidolon is actually fairly useful as it's some extra ensurance if you get downed.

8wGremlin
2013-02-18, 03:58 AM
The Eidolon (summoners pet) can be very potent
take a look a PF Summoners handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184592) for help