PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the Superman Unbound Trailer?

Hopeless
2013-02-18, 03:41 PM
If the graphic novel is half this awesome when even the animation doesn't stand in its way!:smallsmile:

Superman Unbound Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnT__PBd6Q)

Dr.Epic
2013-02-18, 04:00 PM
What's up with Supeman's jaw? Am I the only one who thinks it looks too narrow?

Other than that, looks good.

Dienekes
2013-02-18, 04:16 PM
Always love a DC Animated Movie

Fan
2013-02-18, 06:49 PM
You know, people are probably going to be surprised to hear me say this, but I'm not looking forward to this. The art is subpar, it comes from a Geoff Johns story that was less than stellar (Big surprise.), and the VA for Superman is less than decent. The guy can't even do the basic emote of agony (Anyone can fake pained screams, the guy just.. sounds bored.). I'm not enthused.

Coupled with the fact that it looks to be going for some horrible anime / comic crossover in art direction and well, you have my point.

A lot of Superman stories are bad, but there are enough good ones out there that you don't need to make this one an animated feature. (I'd prefer to see Up, up and Away! or "For the man who has everything" animated.).

Dienekes
2013-02-18, 08:06 PM
You know, people are probably going to be surprised to hear me say this, but I'm not looking forward to this. The art is subpar, it comes from a Geoff Johns story that was less than stellar (Big surprise.), and the VA for Superman is less than decent. The guy can't even do the basic emote of agony (Anyone can fake pained screams, the guy just.. sounds bored.). I'm not enthused.

Coupled with the fact that it looks to be going for some horrible anime / comic crossover in art direction and well, you have my point.

A lot of Superman stories are bad, but there are enough good ones out there that you don't need to make this one an animated feature. (I'd prefer to see Up, up and Away! or "For the man who has everything" animated.).

Didn't Geoff also write Up, up, and away? Also while changes were made, sure, Justice League already did a fantastic "For the man who has everything" I'd rather see something else.

Fan
2013-02-19, 07:03 AM
Didn't Geoff also write Up, up, and away? Also while changes were made, sure, Justice League already did a fantastic "For the man who has everything" I'd rather see something else.

Geoff John's has a few good ones in his bucket of stories, given as long as he's been there you'd hope that'd be the case.

As for the Justice League's "For the man who has everything" it cut out A LOT of it, but if the public feels it's been addressed *shrug*.

Aside from that, A Kingdom Come animated movie series is long overdue, as is a "Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?".

MLai
2013-02-19, 08:54 AM
This Superman kinda reminds me of Nicholas Cage... :smalleek:

Scowling Dragon
2013-02-19, 08:59 AM
Im not a big fan of "For the man who has everything" but I generally agree with fan. Its greatly hampered by its animation style.

MLai
2013-02-19, 10:23 AM
What I don't understand is... why does DC feel compelled to change Superman's face in every single Superman feature?? The reason that happens in comics is because artists change. But a movie is drawn by an animation studio, and those guys are always copying styles of the original source it's not as if that's new to them.

Constantly changing Superman's face because it happens in comics, is like English manga artists drawing manga that reads right to left. It's stupid.

Fan
2013-02-19, 10:27 AM
What I don't understand is... why does DC feel compelled to change Superman's face in every single Superman feature?? The reason that happens in comics is because artists change. But a movie is drawn by an animation studio, and those guys are always copying styles of the original source it's not as if that's new to them.

Constantly changing Superman's face because it happens in comics, is like English manga artists drawing manga that reads right to left. It's stupid.

I agree, I like Superman V.S. The Elite's style for him more, even if Allstar Superman was a better feature overall.

I'd also like them to pick 1 voice actor, the guy from Allstar Superman did fantastically, there's no reason not to keep him on.

Dienekes
2013-02-19, 12:44 PM
I agree, I like Superman V.S. The Elite's style for him more, even if Allstar Superman was a better feature overall.

I'd also like them to pick 1 voice actor, the guy from Allstar Superman did fantastically, there's no reason not to keep him on.

Ehh, I thought Superman vs the Elite's art style was too cartoony for my tastes. Though I agree on the voice actor thing.

Metahuman1
2013-02-20, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA

Just found this. Oh. My. God.

And yes, that outcome was quite satisfying for me.

Logic
2013-02-21, 12:11 AM

Because these animation studios employ multiple artists and not every movie is being handled by the same lead artist. As artists are wont to do, they will draw Superman to their aesthetic despite what came before.

Fan
2013-02-21, 10:25 AM

They also used all the arguments I use when arguing for Superman. Even the exact same scans, and my exact same conclusions.

I love validation.

Dienekes
2013-02-21, 11:13 AM

I agree with the conclusions, but I do wish they were slightly more fair. The base they used for Goku's strength was very early in DBZ, even in his normal form he gets a lot stronger through the course of the anime. Also I believe Goku goes up to Kaio-ken x10 which should roughly increase his strength by 11 times in a quick outburst

Would this change the outcome? Probably not, no. But it should have been addressed.

Also, man looking through that again, part of me really really wishes for Supes to be hit with a very definitive nerf when the next reboot comes around.

Fan
2013-02-21, 12:32 PM
I agree with the conclusions, but I do wish they were slightly more fair. The base they used for Goku's strength was very early in DBZ, even in his normal form he gets a lot stronger through the course of the anime. Also I believe Goku goes up to Kaio-ken x10 which should roughly increase his strength by 11 times in a quick outburst

Would this change the outcome? Probably not, no. But it should have been addressed.

Also, man looking through that again, part of me really really wishes for Supes to be hit with a very definitive nerf when the next reboot comes around.

Except they used the base, then multiplied it (Generously given that he explicitly COULD NOT lift that in the scene and had to go Super Saiyian to do so.) by the 586 times Earth Gravity that 40 tons would be equivalent to in base, then multiplied by Kaio Ken X40, then Multiplied by 100 (50 X 2) for the Full Ascended Super Sayian Mod, then so on and so forth.

They did the same for his strength and speed.

But hey, let's take power levels into account here. He has a Power Level of 1 Billion at the end of GT (With the absorbed Dragon Balls.), which I will generously use to multiply his power when it was already in the Tens of Millions at the end of the Buu saga which is the base of the stats we're using.

So

400 tons x 1,000,000,000 = 400,000,000,000 tons

400 billion tons x 50 x 2 x 4 x 10 = 1,600,000,000,000,000 tons (1.6 quadrillion tons)

Still 6 times weaker than Super Man physically, and that is a HUGE difference. Even accounting for power levels and treating them as a flat 1 billion times increase for Goku. Meaning that Goku, without using the canonically and Word of God denied as viable Power Levels, is more than 1 billion times weaker than Superman physically, but even with this multiplier of his power levels stacked onto his Buu saga self (Multiplying it again despite his already canon 25 million power level which would drastically reduce these numbers..

Alright, but as Goku has said in his encounter with Raditz "Strength isn't everything." so let's go on to durability.

We know that the man of steel has survived the impact of Multiple supernovas (one from a Red Sun, and one from a yellow forced to go Nova by Brainiac, then the contained force blast from Coldcast that was equivalent to 15. Keep in mind we're being overly generous to Goku here though, so we're not allowing that feat as it is POTENTIALLY hyperbole.) which have the impact force on the area that Superman would be hit by of 10 Octillion Megatons as provided by our Death Battle advisors.

Alright we'll take the Gero Bomb in Android 16, which as we know, was calculated when Goku's maximum potential was Kaioken times 4 (ignoring that the Androids completely trash Super Sayians and 16 was more powerful than them.)

So let's take 53 quadrillion and multiply it by what fans assume his power level to be by the end of GT...1 billion. This gives us 53,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (53 sextillion megatons). Now we add the Super Saiyan multipliers and...

53 sextillion x 2 x 4 x 10 = 21,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (21.2 septillion megatons)

Or roughly 0.212% of the megaton yield of a Sun-sized supernova. Ignoring the fact that an scientist onlooker calculated the blast that Superman survived to be 15 times larger than the Kepler Supernova. Meaning Goku can take literally hundreds of times less punishment than the man of steel in Super Sayian 4.

Sundipped, this gets even crazier.

Now strength and durability aren't all there is to fighting either, surely there's some measure of speed to be taken into account here, and you're right. With the 1 billion times increase we're giving him in base form then taking the Snakeway Numbers (6,800 MPH.) and then do the 1 billion times increase you get 6.8 TRILLION Miles per hour in base form at the end of GT with the Dragonballs absorbed is 6.8 trillion x 50 x 2 x 4 x 10 = 2,720,000,000,000,000 (2.72 quadrillion mph) in Super Saiyan 4.

Obviously MUCH faster than base form Superman, and while this is the one place that Goku beats Superman Superman's own reactions are much faster and it's backed up in comic. In the JLA comics, Batman says that Superman can perceive things happening with zeptosecond precision. Nanosecond = one billionth of a second. Zeptosecond = one sextillionth of a second. To save Lois Lane, he read and memorized every medical text ever published (a number ranging in the hundreds of thousands, each book anywhere from 500-5000 pages long) and performed surgery single-handedly with his heat vision to save her life...all in under five minutes, a feat that backs up Batman's statement (And would Batman really exaggerate about Clark? The two are hardly portrayed as buddy buddy, not that Batman's buddy buddy with anyone in the league given how he's more willing to kill them than his enemies.).

Now Sundipped however, Superman's speed escalates to a point where even SSJ4 Goku can't quite keep up.

In Allstar Superman (All Star Superman = Modern pre Flash point Superman according to Grant Morrison, just at a later point in the timeline.), he races to Alpha Centauri 4 and back in order to pick Flower's for Lois Lane before she can finish her sentence in 20 seconds. (And given we don't see them anywhere in the Fortress before it's not an assumption.) How do we know it was 20 seconds? Timing the feature on the highest quality possible (A 720p Bluray that I own.) it comes out to exactly 20 seconds, and given that Alpha Centauri is 4.367 light years away, but he flew there and back which makes it 8.734 light years now that means that he traveled 513,428,174,000,000 miles (513.4 trillion miles) in 20 seconds, dividing that by 20 we get 25,671,409,000,000 miles per second (25.6 trillion miles per second). That's 92,417,072,400,000,000 miles per hour (92.4 quadrillion miles per hour).

And that's 137,809,097 times the speed of light. Not to mention, he can vibrate his molecules so fast that he can vibrate through anything, and he can do so to preform the Infinite Mass Punch, and turn invisible.

In base category, we have to give it to Goku but given the charge up time that's required for Super Sayian 3 and 4 Superman will have plenty of time to sit around in the Sun (Assuming Goku doesn't do his usual and Kamehameha him into it.).

Thus, it is factually proven that given a 1 billion times power modifer on top of his Buu saga base stats as an adult for the end of GT, Goku cannot beat Superman. 1 billion Goku's could not beat Superman.

On an unrelated topic, Sailor Moon beats up Superman and Goku at the same time.

Dienekes
2013-02-21, 01:16 PM
I did say it would not have changed things. I just wished the actual video addressed it.

And again, really makes me want to nerf Superman. 92.4 quadrillion miles per hour, are you ****ing kidding me? It strains the credibility of anything actually fighting him in the way the comics depicts.

Fan
2013-02-21, 01:39 PM
I did say it would not have changed things. I just wished the actual video addressed it.

And again, really makes me want to nerf Superman. 92.4 quadrillion miles per hour, are you ****ing kidding me? It strains the credibility of anything actually fighting him in the way the comics depicts.

Manga and comics get much, much, MUCH worse.

Dark Schneider, Sailor Moon, Kidou Senshi Demonbane, Bastard!, Saint Seiya, Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, Solar the man of Atom, Dr.Manhattan, The Sentry, Rune King Thor, Odin, any sky father, any celestial, Thanos, Death, Eternity, The spectre, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Ion, Parallax, Atrocitus (As The Butcher.), Sodam Yat, Superboy Prime, God Wave Wonder Woman, Dr.Zum, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Franklin Richards, Molecule Man, The Beyonder, Zeus (marvel), The Destroyer, and so many more as all more powerful than Superman.

Superman is nowhere near the most powerful character that interacts with normal mortals.

Dienekes
2013-02-21, 02:32 PM

Dark Schneider, Sailor Moon, Kidou Senshi Demonbane, Bastard!, Saint Seiya, Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, Solar the man of Atom, Dr.Manhattan, The Sentry, Rune King Thor, Odin, any sky father, any celestial, Thanos, Death, Eternity, The spectre, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Ion, Parallax, Atrocitus (As The Butcher.), Sodam Yat, Superboy Prime, God Wave Wonder Woman, Dr.Zum, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Franklin Richards, Molecule Man, The Beyonder, Zeus (marvel), The Destroyer, and so many more as all more powerful than Superman.

Superman is nowhere near the most powerful character that interacts with normal mortals.

Don't read Dark Schneider, Sailor Moon, Kidou Senshi Demonbane, Bastard!, Saint Seiya, and ok gonna stop that there. And the few of them I did pick up briefly I didn't enjoy (Good God Sailor Moon, I have no idea what the appeal is).

But a few of them I've read and enjoyed, but they have different stories to Superman. Lucifer, and the Endless don't face the kind of threats that Superman does that are shown to be challenging to him. In fact their story arcs understand that they're beyond the physical level and don't both with them. Dr. Manhattan is shown to be completely beyond the level of mortals and so his interactions with the setting also don't pose a physical challenge to him, that's his character. Superboy Prime is a joke. And a good deal of the others aren't the focus of the comics they're present in for a reason.

Superman? He fights Toyman, Parasite, and Metallo. He's had hard fights against these guys. He's been beaten before by opponents that should not have been able to even touch him with these numbers. They're ridiculous.

Tyrant
2013-02-21, 03:18 PM
I too wish the art would remain a little more consistant, but I would rather the voice overs remain the same. I'm sure Tim Daily doesn't have a booming schedule, so why isn't he their go to for Superman? Likewise with Batman (Kevin Conroy), The Joker (Mark Hamill), etc who have actors that are fairly established as voicing those characters.

I agree with Fan about Kingdom Come. I would also love to see Red Son made into an animated movie (or a two parter like The Dark Knight Returns).

Tavar
2013-02-21, 03:31 PM
Keep in mind that the Death Battle is explicitly based on their peak ability. Superman has great heights to his power, but he is not always at those heights. Also, one key part of the battle is that Goku would not take advantage of Superman's weaknesses even if he had the opportunity, and in fact he is more likely to try and buff him(blue sun), going by Frieza.

Fan
2013-02-21, 03:48 PM
Keep in mind that the Death Battle is explicitly based on their peak ability. Superman has great heights to his power, but he is not always at those heights. Also, one key part of the battle is that Goku would not take advantage of Superman's weaknesses even if he had the opportunity, and in fact he is more likely to try and buff him(blue sun), going by Frieza.

A lot of the lower feats are also from before Superman went to unlock his mental barriers with Mongul the 2nd as well, and they didn't use Superman's peak feats either (And neither did I. The Mageddon device is Superman's peak strength feat which puts him into quintillions of Yottatons lifting strength, and Galactic level durability), if I were to truly cherry pick I'd use the Allstar Speed feat (Which only applies when Sun Dipped.), the Maggedon strength and durability feats, and combine that with his Zeptosecond reactions and keep at it with his most ridiculous higher ends.

All the feats I do list are not one of capabilities and are supported with his higher feats in the events post the unlocking of his mental barriers with Mongul the Second.

Saying it's inconsistent is like saying that Goku is inconsistent because he has Super Sayian transformations, or that his training with King Kai makes him inconsistent.

Aside from that Superman has a canon explanation for why he doesn't just obliterate them A: He has EXCELLENT muscle control and is deliberately trying not to kill them, and B: Superman doesn't kill, not even Imperiex, not even Brainiac, not even Toyman, and he'll stoop down to that level to interact with them.

There's also the death battle explanation of Solar Radiation dispersing the farther away you get from the sun and in atmosphere superman being much weaker than In Space / Sundipped Superman.

Tavar
2013-02-21, 04:03 PM
I said nothing about inconsistent power levels. Nor was I complaining about the outcome of the battle: reading my post might help in constructing pertinent replies.

Dienekes
2013-02-21, 04:15 PM
A lot of the lower feats are also from before Superman went to unlock his mental barriers with Mongul the 2nd as well, and they didn't use Superman's peak feats either (And neither did I. The Mageddon device is Superman's peak strength feat which puts him into quintillions of Yottatons lifting strength, and Galactic level durability), if I were to truly cherry pick I'd use the Allstar Speed feat (Which only applies when Sun Dipped.), the Maggedon strength and durability feats, and combine that with his Zeptosecond reactions and keep at it with his most ridiculous higher ends.

All the feats I do list are not one of capabilities and are supported with his higher feats in the events post the unlocking of his mental barriers with Mongul the Second.

Saying it's inconsistent is like saying that Goku is inconsistent because he has Super Sayian transformations, or that his training with King Kai makes him inconsistent.

Aside from that Superman has a canon explanation for why he doesn't just obliterate them A: He has EXCELLENT muscle control and is deliberately trying not to kill them, and B: Superman doesn't kill, not even Imperiex, not even Brainiac, not even Toyman, and he'll stoop down to that level to interact with them.

There's also the death battle explanation of Solar Radiation dispersing the farther away you get from the sun and in atmosphere superman being much weaker than In Space / Sundipped Superman.

Yes but just because he's putting himself down to their level takes out all the drama of the situation, especially since it makes no sense for him to fight at that level. I'm not talking about obliteration or murder, I'm talking about seeing Metallo and instantaneous breaking the hinges on his kryptonite hatch. I'm talking about not showboating and walking toward a firing gunmen and instead just grabbing him and putting him into a prison, it should take him less than a second to do that.

Ninjadeadbeard
2013-02-21, 04:33 PM
In only a tangentially related order:

Deathbattle is entertaining and only somewhat logical. Superman and Goku don't make sense, even in their own universes so it's pointless to have them fight.
Let's not have another Supes v Goku thing. Let's not.
Superman Unbound isn't a part of the Bruce Timm and Paul Dini verse of the DCAU, and is therefore inferior in all respects. :smallsmile:

Fan
2013-02-21, 05:52 PM
In only a tangentially related order:

Deathbattle is entertaining and only somewhat logical. Superman and Goku don't make sense, even in their own universes so it's pointless to have them fight.
Let's not have another Supes v Goku thing. Let's not.
Superman Unbound isn't a part of the Bruce Timm and Paul Dini verse of the DCAU, and is therefore inferior in all respects. :smallsmile:

DCAU, while fantastic, isn't the end all be all of animation.

Allstar Superman, The Dark Knight Returns (part 1 and 2.), Superman V.S. The Elite, and a few others absolutely trounce it in terms of quality and comic accuracy.

MLai
2013-02-21, 06:47 PM
Allstar Superman, The Dark Knight Returns (part 1 and 2.), Superman V.S. The Elite, and a few others absolutely trounce it in terms of quality and comic accuracy.
I understand "quality", but what do you mean by "comic accuracy"?

Devonix
2013-02-21, 06:53 PM
Yes but just because he's putting himself down to their level takes out all the drama of the situation, especially since it makes no sense for him to fight at that level. I'm not talking about obliteration or murder, I'm talking about seeing Metallo and instantaneous breaking the hinges on his kryptonite hatch. I'm talking about not showboating and walking toward a firing gunmen and instead just grabbing him and putting him into a prison, it should take him less than a second to do that.

That type of stuff happens far more times in the cartoons than it really does in the comics though. Supes is all about using the right ammount of force to get the least damage to his opponent and the innocents around.

Such as him fighting off a guy of metal and scanning his body to get the proper melting point so that he can take him out with heat vision He could vaporise him but he's trying to find the right ammount to use. Or times when someone is being held hostage and he'll burst in using superspeed but needing to be careful because of shockwaves from that speed since he has no speedforce acess.

Fan
2013-02-21, 06:58 PM
I understand "quality", but what do you mean by "comic accuracy"?

DCAU portrays entirely different characters compared to their parallels in comics.

Dienekes
2013-02-21, 08:44 PM
DCAU, while fantastic, isn't the end all be all of animation.

I must respectfully disagree. Comic accuracy I'll give you, but quality? Nahh. I enjoyed the DCAU more than the above movies. They're fantastic, but the DCAU shows, they're a gold standard as for as I'm concerned.

Allstar was pretty good, but I preferred the voices from DCAU. And I have a few problems with the Allstar story anyway (everyone but Superman is an idiot, everyone, even Luthor). TDKR is great, but again I can't listen to Hamill's Joker then go to it, it just feels wrong. And I've already mentioned I just don't like the animation style of Supes vs the Elite.

Hey Fan, or anyone else for that matter. Have you seen JL8 (http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/)? A webcomic of the supers when they're 8. It's surprisingly good, and I think you may like it.

Metahuman1
2013-02-21, 11:04 PM
Love that comic!

JabberwockySupafly
2013-02-21, 11:57 PM

Because I'm a pedant, it's redundant to name Dark Schneider and Bastard!! separately as Dark Schneider's the 'protagonist' (for lack of a better term) and Bastard!! is the name of the series.

Now, on the topic at hand, I haven't seen All-Star Superman, but I did enjoy Big Blue in both Superman Vs. The Elite and the DCAU Superman Animated and JL/JLU. This... I don't know, I'll reserve my judgement until I actually get to see it.

MLai
2013-02-22, 07:10 AM
Have you seen JL8 (http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/)? A webcomic of the supers when they're 8. It's surprisingly good, and I think you may like it.
Thanks for the link. Just read thru the entire archive in 1 sitting. :smallsmile:
The author got a bit fanboyish in certain spots (the bookstore, the dream, and the big Sunday special on the playground standoff), but overall very enjoyable.
I especially like Diana being drawn as a Mediterranean girl, rather than get whitewashed.

Fan
2013-02-22, 09:07 AM
Because I'm a pedant, it's redundant to name Dark Schneider and Bastard!! separately as Dark Schneider's the 'protagonist' (for lack of a better term) and Bastard!! is the name of the series.

Now, on the topic at hand, I haven't seen All-Star Superman, but I did enjoy Big Blue in both Superman Vs. The Elite and the DCAU Superman Animated and JL/JLU. This... I don't know, I'll reserve my judgement until I actually get to see it.

True enough, Schneider's so powerful he can 1 shot superman with no effort or chance to react from Superman. Just Sabbath and it's done.

I was more trying to find things I had actually read and fill space with the sheer weight of names that are stronger than Superman. The guy's a smallfry in his own universe despite his protection he has gained from The Source with the exception of Cosmic Armor, Sword of Superman, and Superman Prime Supermen.

Metahuman1
2013-02-22, 09:55 PM
What always annoy's me is that I have at least one person in my circle of friends who Insists in the same argument that superman sucks because he'd a scrub and all these marvel characters are more powerful, and then turns right around and insists he sucks because he's a grossly over powered Mary Sue who's just every eight year old fan character who can do everything ever and that it make's no sense that anything bad ever happens on the world he occupies.

And yet he doesn't accept that Marvel keeps ruining itself with crap like Civil War, One More Day, Avengers vs. X-men and Spider-man 700.

Hopeless
2013-02-23, 05:04 AM
What always annoy's me is that I have at least one person in my circle of friends who Insists in the same argument that superman sucks because he'd a scrub and all these marvel characters are more powerful, and then turns right around and insists he sucks because he's a grossly over powered Mary Sue who's just every eight year old fan character who can do everything ever and that it make's no sense that anything bad ever happens on the world he occupies.

And yet he doesn't accept that Marvel keeps ruining itself with crap like Civil War, One More Day, Avengers vs. X-men and Spider-man 700.

Can't read any of their titles except for Earth 2 and World's Finest since that allows me to forget just how much of a mess both of their comic lines are...

I excluded those ones only because they've yet to mess them up (excluding Damien from that as he is a mess but anyone who beats the heck out of the joker has a few redeeming points!) but I'm now more interested in Dark Horse Comics new Star Wars series...

Metahuman1
2013-02-24, 10:30 PM
Perhaps, but he insists this has pretty much always been the case.

What really kills me is he's trying to have it both ways instead of just one or the other.

GodGoblin
2013-02-26, 09:03 AM
This Superman kinda reminds me of Nicholas Cage... :smalleek:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/nickcagesuperman1.jpg

Yeah. That happened.

Metahuman1
2013-02-26, 11:21 AM
Thankfully, the acid was out of there system before they actually signed the paperwork.

Senator Cybus
2013-02-26, 07:07 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/nickcagesuperman1.jpg

Yeah. That happened.

I was going to stick this in the Kickstarter thread, but here seems more fitting:

The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened)

"The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened? is a Feature Length Documentary about the unmade movie "Superman Lives". This film, out of all the various attempts to make a Superman movie between 1987 and 2006, would have stood the test of time and become a bonafide Cult Classic nowadays.

I’ve been interested in this film since it was first announced back in the late 90’s. Nicolas Cage was announced as Superman, Kevin Smith was announced as the Writer, Tim Burton was announced as the Director, and fans have had very heavy opinions, both positive and negative, on all of this.

I am not alone with my intense interest in knowing everything I can about this project and so now I'm embarking on making a Documentary that will cover everything ever made for this film, from interviewing as many people as I can who were involved, to including actually recreating scenes from the script!!!"

So basically not only will this documentary tell the story of what could have been the greatest and/or weirdest Supes movie ever, they also plan to actually film scenes from the script! Brainiac skull ships! Rainbow-suit Superman! Giant Spiders! :smallbiggrin: