PDA

View Full Version : magical weapon for rogue/swashbuckler/shadowdancer

Sgtpepper
2013-02-18, 06:48 PM
Alright I need a magical weapon, any enhancements or enchants, and a name for it. During the campaign I've leaned more toward a foul mouthed little hafling rogue that kills things, efficiently. Since I'm level 20 gold is no problem and the group is fairly optimized. The weapon has to be a dagger and a woven thin blade.

Urpriest
2013-02-18, 08:12 PM
This depends on a few things.

First question: you're a shadowdancer: Are you able to reliably hide while attacking? (This determines whether it's worth it to get a weapon with defensive abilities, or whether nobody will target you ever so it's not worth it).

Sgtpepper
2013-02-18, 08:47 PM
I can reliably hide while attacking and not worry about getting hit. The "tank"is very effective and holding attention.

Urpriest
2013-02-18, 10:07 PM
I can reliably hide while attacking and not worry about getting hit. The "tank"is very effective and holding attention.

In that case, if we're focusing offensively, Deadly Precision is an ok weapon enhancement for a sneak-attacker. If you're optimized to crit frequently, Collision can be quite nice. Beyond that, there aren't a whole lot of weapon enhancements that are worth more than what else your gold can get you.

Greenish
2013-02-18, 10:54 PM
Blurstrike is a nice fall back when you can't get flanking.

Urpriest
2013-02-18, 11:11 PM
Blurstrike is a nice fall back when you can't get flanking.

He doesn't need flanking, he hides while attacking. Though I suppose you need some solution for things that can pierce Darkstalker.