PDA

View Full Version : Undead Creation Rules?

Arkusus
2013-02-18, 08:30 PM
So I'm DMing a campaign, and I had the party run into a guy who can be used to create customized undead from parts taken from a bunch of bodies. The party cannot be given complete control of these undead (though a Command Undead could theoretically be used, but the party lacks that ability) and mostly they'll have the option to find places to have these undead be 'set loose' should the need arise.

Anyway, my question is this, is there already any material out there on creating original undead? I was going to work up some basic stuff regarding the HD of a creature relating to say... number of arms, base stats, landspeed, ect...

Basically, I was going to have a few base models that are used to provide the base HD, and then most modifications increase the HD cost to USE (or buy) the creature, but do not actually increase the HD (meaning, still low saves, low hp, ect, but high summoning or controlling cost)

Has anyone already done anything like this before?

Flickerdart
2013-02-18, 09:33 PM
You may find Grafts (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12154.0) useful. Take a regular zombie or whatever, then chop off a bunch of limbs and replace them with grafts. Pricey, but you get a fancier minion.

The Viscount
2013-02-20, 08:58 PM
Flickerdart's advice is good. Alternatively, if you are searching for undead made from parts, the necrosis carnex from MMIV is made from various parts.