PDA

View Full Version : IC Heroes for Hire I

Pages : [1] 2

Zman
2013-02-18, 09:21 PM
And so it begins...

On the seventh day of the third tenday of Tarsakh, morning dew glistened along the grass. The snow had only been gone a score of days, and the season of Greengrass was almost upon the lands of Cormyr.

The small city of Thunderstone, nearly 1800 people strong, begins to swell as their fair weather brings caravans and other travelers to the area.

Some of you make your way to Thunderstone via the Thunder Way, some the High Road, others yet by boat up the Dragonmere to the Wvyrmwater.

You are one among many to what flocked to center of this small town seeking to make a name and a living for yourselves.

Hurm Thiodor

A slender aging man stands in front of the strange stone, maybe 3' in diameter and Thunderstone's namesake. He addresses the group, "Welcome, ye who seek adventure and riches. I am Hurm Thiodor, Clerk of this town acting on her Majesty's, Regent Alusair Obarskyr's, authority. Many of you here may be wondering what has triggered our call for adventurers, sellswords, and seekers. Though the Goblin War is well in hand we have not been free of its impact, threats from the Vast Swamp, Infested Hills, Thunder Peaks, and Hullbach Forest have plagued out lands and if that wasn't bad enough, bandits have been attacking the Thunder Way. The crown's soldier's are busy, and we have need of extraordinary men." The thin man in his well made cloths slowly looks around the crowd, at the mostly rabble before him. Many before him are naught but peasants who've got their hands on a tarnished sword, either way, they'll spend what coppers they have in the tavern, the gold they can scrounge in the shops, and may even kill a goblin or two with no cost to the city.

"I posses, for those which prove themselves worthy, a writ granting licensure for a company of sellswords, adventurers for hire. It is yours for the taking if you are brave enough to seize it." He holds aloft a written piece of parchment. "The group which first brings me three Worg heads, a dozen goblin heads, and a Ogre's set of teeth will receive this writ and further contract with Thunderstone in the company of adequate compensation."

There are murmurs in the crowd, few seem at unease with the task, others seem to relish in the thrills to come.

Adventuring in Cormyr requires Licensure for a group.

If you didn't notice, there are already possible quests cropping up. I suggest one of the group take some notes and jot down the potential quests.

daungli
2013-02-18, 10:18 PM
"Can't see a bloody thing." Veltar grumbled to himself, all these humans that were so easily taller than him made it hard to see the man that was holding this little gathering.
The burly dwarf pressed his way through the people, making it to the front of the press in time to hear a long list of places he had never heard of before.
his interest was peaked at the mention goblins in the area. Killing goblins was certainly within his forte. his hand strayed to the worn leather of the haft of his axe. Already the idea of killing more of his ancestral enemies made his heart quicken.

many of the people around him were looking uneasy. clearly there would not be much in the way of companions worth having in this town. Veltar huffed angrily to himself and crossed his arms over his chest.

across the way he caught sight of several men that were impossibly taller than the farmers and the like around him now. he stroked his beard thoughtfully. certainly cant be any harm in trying.

Veltar makes his way through the people in the square, eyeing the stone in the middle of the square.

Zman
2013-02-18, 10:31 PM
Ian the Spellsword

As the thin man speaks, Ian simply smiles. He's taller than most and as the man in front of him speaks, his eyes study the group around him, noticing their reactions. Ian is dressed in white robes, freshly spelled clean, his finely groomed blonde hair is neatly accented by his stunning eyes and smile.

As his gaze catches the Dwarf's reaction to the proposition of Goblins, Ian flicks his gaze to his companion, a hardened man a few inches taller than he with jet black hair, "That Dwarf has a certain passion for Goblins..." as Ian passes to Gorsamm in a game they frequently play, one they spend pointing out people of note as they see them.

Figured Gorsamm can point out another party member, etc as they post and we can bring the group together.

Archwizard
2013-02-19, 01:14 AM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm listens to Hurm's speech without comment, This is precisely what I set out for. Test my training and bring some order to the countryside.

It's hard not to notice the dwarf pushing his way forward, and given the historical troubles between dwarves and goblins, Gorsomm is not surprised when his companion speaks up.

Flicking his bright blue eyes over the crowd, it's almost impossible not to notice the hulking half-orc strapped with a great axe. Gorsomm fingers his twin battleaxes, Now that's interesting. A brute like that could certainly be useful, and I must profess a curiosity as to what brings him here. Of course, he looks like a wild one, not exactly the type of discipline required. Gorsomm's gaze returns to Ian, Then again, for all Ian's brashness, it has worked out so far.

Turning to his companion, Gorsomm says, "Indeed. I also can't help but notice the brutish looking half-orc over there."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 06:34 AM
Karnack the Barbarian

The crowd makes Karnack uncomfortable. His eyeys are quickly and carefully scanning the area. If they are here I will find them and I will make them pay. That ragged crew of thieves and mercenaries who left him for dead, this would be just the type of thing to draw them out of the woodwork.
The speech the little man made was interesting and Karnack had always wanted to try his axe against the likes of an Ogre. But right now the only thing he could really concentrate on was his revenge. He could feel the rage boiling up inside his veins, he knew if he didn't get outside of this crowd and soon things might turn bad, very bad. I will find you Brand and I will take your head.

Zman
2013-02-19, 09:06 AM
Ian

Ian's eyes flick to the brutish halforc, "Fitting choice. What we need is someone with a bit more.. refinement..." as Ian's eyes begin scanning the crowd once more.

daungli
2013-02-19, 10:36 AM
Veltar

The fact that the two men had notices him was not lost on Veltar, as he strove to always babe aware of his surroundings and those that were nearby him. That one of them was wearing a bright white robe, and was far cleaner than anyone else here.

Veltar pushed a witless farm hand out of his way and approached the two men, his crest of hair only managing to come up to their ribs. He cursed to himself in the course language of his people and craned his head back, right hand resting on the head of the ancestral axe belted to his side. The edge was keen under his thumb.

"be the two of you stout of heart and arm? You seem not to be still attached to the breast of your mothers as these babes and dandies."

Veltar's voice grated like a blade drawn through gravel, and he fixed the taller o the two with a steady gaze. Hoping they were at least as competent as they looked. If not then the only one here worth his time would be the Brutish orcling with the unwieldy looking axe.
I would be almost best alone if these two turn out to be overdressed farm boys like the rest here.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 10:58 AM
Karnack

Standing heads above the rest of the motley crowd, Karnack noticed a few of the more potent looking ones gathering in a small group. When I tried to take on Brand and his thugs I was nearly killed, I need help if
I am to get revenge. I don't have to like them but if they help me spill the blood of my enemies then I will gladly swing my axe for them.
Karnack begins slowly making his way towards the dwarf and the two humans. He stops five feet short of them, lays his axe across his shoulder and grins wide letting all his teeth show. "I am Karnack and I can slay an ogre! My axe for a share of the gold!"

Zman
2013-02-19, 11:18 AM
Ian

The Dwarf approaches and Ian greets him in return, nodding respectfully, "Welcome my supremely stout friend, I am Ian, my sword is sharp and my wit sharper. My associate is Gorsomm, he's stern and unbending as steel. You have a particular dislike and familiarity for Goblins?"

As the huge brute approaches, Ian's eyes are quick and thoughtful, Hmm.... Big, strong, ugly...probably dumb...mold able.....perfect.

As Karnak greets the group, Ian responds his manor of speedch smooth, if not overly exaggerated at times, Welcome Karnak, I am Ian, leader of this fair company of Heroes for Hire. You may boast, but certainly if you can wield such a weapon into battle your boast may prove true. You are welcomed to join us, one sixth share.". Ian gestures to those around him, acting as if the Dwarf had already agreed.

daungli
2013-02-19, 11:27 AM
veltar

goblins. Veltar spat on the ground and swore in his native tongue. I know a thing or two as regards those most foul creatures."

At the mention of an adventuring party Veltar buts back into the conversation.
you have your own party eh? Lets hope that we aren't all of it.

He clears his throat and continues on rubbing his thumb and two fingers together in the universal sign of cash. whats all this of good now?

His eyes glint a little madly at the idea of gold exchanging hands in his favor.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 11:27 AM
Karnack

Sixth.... What does that mean.. Sounds like six. Karnack looks and starts to count the heads of the group and while math has never really been his strong suit or any suit of his for that matter he knows he has five fingers and there are less than that here and six is more than five.
This one have smooth tongue like Brand..
Karnack let's out a bellow and brings his axe into both hands in front of him, the blood beginning to boil rapidly in his veins. "There not six of us there is four. I CAN COUNT! I get equal share or you find out how good I am with my axe!"

OOC
I updated his intelligence to a 9 when you corrected my point but mistake. Not brilliant but not dumb either. Not overly anyway.

Zman
2013-02-19, 11:40 AM
Ian

With the Halforc's outburst, Not quite that dumb...

Ian doesn't bat an eye at the brute's response, "Short temper friend, there are four standing here, we've yet need of a fifth, and the sixth is for our collective benefit.". Ian's posture and gestures take on those of a man offended, "If I were a lessor man I would take offense to your outburst, but I will forgive you as is my nature."

Now, we really do need a fifth... Ian's eyes again begin to look for a fifth.

daungli
2013-02-19, 11:41 AM
veltar

Veltar eyed the massive Orc as it built itself into a rage. He would have to be carful with that one if they had to work together.

I am inclined to agree with the Orc here, unless you have a pair of gnomes packed away somewhere I see no reason for an unequal split.

the idea that the last of my clam could be taken advantage of is insulting though a raging Halforc makes for a powerful bargaining tool.

Veltar stepped aside, leaving no one between karnack and the two men

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 12:01 PM
Karnack

"More coming? Equal split?" Breathing slow and heavy Karnack pushes the anger back inside. He bottles it away for when it will be more useful. The anger, the pain, the rage that boils inside of him every day just waiting for an eruption to let it free has served him well over the years. He has finally begun learning how to truly harness it and although it leaves him empty and exhausted afterwards it has been his one ever consistent ally in his search for revenge.
I will have to keep an eye on the silver tongued one, trusting him will not be a mistake I make. Even more aware of the crowd around him Karnak hungers for open spaces with only his enemy before him.
"Where other two? I am ready to fight, talk is ugly and weak, fighting is life!"

Zman
2013-02-19, 12:44 PM
Ian

Not flinching around the Halforc, "Yes, an equal for each and a share for our collective benefit. Your temper will get the better of you.". Wih that Ian acts as if it never happened.

"Now, let's see to finding a fifth."

Archwizard
2013-02-19, 03:11 PM
Gorsomm

Falling into his familiar role of silently watching as Ian handles the talking, Gorsomm can't help but think Interesting pair. Definitely reaffirms my impression as to the unruly nature of the orc, and I can't say I'm surprised by the dwarf's outburst. Quite the touchy lot.

Quietly, Gorsomm says, "While talk may be ugly and weak, charging into battle unprepared can be lethal. Following Ian's suggestion seems sensible." With that, Gorsomm nods to Ian to indicate he should continue as he has indicated.

Yas392
2013-02-19, 04:19 PM
Tryst

Perching on the side of the font near the square, Tryst is enjoying the peace, eyes scanning through one of his books, his reddish hue of his attire complimented by the radiance of the sun, making him seems more congruent with the surroundings. As he starts another chapter, namely dealing with The Time of Troubles, he is abruptly interrupted by the commotion coming from the gathered crowd. Tryst sighs. Of all times, it has to be the strike of dawn.

Making his way to the front to get a better view, Tryst is greeted by the sight of old man, annoucing promising quests for adventurers dare to brave them. He mutters "Humph, what I am only interested is the search for things that would help in my studies."

Most of the adventurers seems intriguing to party up with but not as intriguing as the group that has an interesting mixture of charm, wits and pure might. Not wanting to reveal himself yet, he listens to their conversation.
Quite amusing, indeed. Then, he hears the one known as Ian is searching for a fifth member. He decides to make himself known to the group. "Pardon me, fellow adventurers, but I heard that you are in in need of an extra hand."

Zman
2013-02-19, 04:30 PM
Ian

As the shorter man approaches, he does not carry himself nor look the part of the adventurer, Perfect...

Ian turns to the man, a broad smile on his face as he responds with, "Well met, but I think we have little use for your hand, though your mind may be of interest and use to us. My name is Ian, and who may you be and what do you believe you can contribute?" as Ian notes the books in the man's possession.

Ian makes sure to glance at Gorsomm, trying to guage the man's impression of the newcommer.

Yas392
2013-02-19, 05:08 PM
Tryst

Tryst raises his eyebrow, giving an unnerving stare. "Do not mind the books, they are irrelevant to the situation. I assure you will not regret having me on board for I am a healer with a modicum of knowledge at my disposal. If you need assistance in softening your preys, I may be more willing to oblige. Pardon my informality but I believe I have not introduce myself yet. I am Tryst. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Zman
2013-02-19, 05:20 PM
Ian

Grasping the man's hand, with a wry smile across his face, "That has yet to be seen, but we are in need of a healer." Ian adds later, "Books are never irrelevant, Knowledge is its own form of power."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 05:29 PM
Karnack

Always a bit wary and curious about books and those that have them Karnack eyes the newest member of this group with an unusual gaze, one not often seen coming from half orcs wielding exceedingly large axes. A look of wonder and curiosity overtakes the giant.
"You read book?" He asks in a voice that could almost be considered meek if it weren't coming from a seven foot tall half orc brute.No time for this now, I must keep on task, my revenge.
He turns to face Ian, the one with the silver tongue who has done much of the talking so far."That is five, we go kill ogre, goblins and other things now?"

Yas392
2013-02-19, 05:57 PM
Tryst

"I am humbly grateful for your invitation, sorcerer."

He bows and continues.

"True, I do not deny that. But it is your doubt of my apperance and abilities that provokes me to make such that assumption. That aside, I'm sure we will get along just fine. If you excuse me, I feel the need to introduce myself to the rest of the group."

Tryst smiles.

Turning to the side, he spots Gorsomm, quietly observing, Veltar, who is pondering deeply, and Karnak who demands the presence of two of his members.

He starts "Hello there, I believe we have not met. My name is Tryst, a healer."

Diverting his attention to Karnak, he answers "Why yes, I like to read books just as you like fighting."

Archwizard
2013-02-19, 06:06 PM
Gorsomm

Inclining his head to the newest person to come over, Gorsomm says, "The name's Gorsomm."

Zman
2013-02-19, 06:31 PM
Ian

Ian nods to Tryst before tackling the task at hand.

Looking again at the stout dwarf, "Sir Dwarf, you've yet to give us your name, please do us the honors."

Once Veltar is given the chance to introduce himself Ian continues, "I see no reason we cannot get started this day, we've some time this day to finish supplying ourselves before we begin hunting down this prey."

Ian thinks for a second, trying to piece together what he know about Goblins and Ogres and where they should start. "Veltar, do you agree that the infested hills would be the most likely place to encounter Worg Riding Goblins?"

Knowledge Local[roll0]

Probably through up a couple of Knowledge Checks if you guys want to know more.

Zman
2013-02-19, 06:35 PM
Knowledge Arcana(Worgs)[roll0]

Here a couple of Knowledge DCs

For Knowledge Checks, feel free to use this guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546370/Monster_Lore_Compendium?pg=1). DCs for Higher level monsters will be reduced by 1/2CR.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-19, 07:32 PM
Karnack

The half orc begins showing signs of restlessness, turning his head from left to right. He occasionally raises his face towards the sky and breathes deeply in through his nose.

"We leaving soon? My axe is getting twitchy." He looks from the dwarf, to the three humans.

daungli
2013-02-19, 07:44 PM
Veltar

"My name is Veltar, dwarf Ranger, it is good to see that there are at least a few here that seem able bodied. I look forwards to our association."

so long as this remains profitable.

The dwarf tugged on his beard, racking his brains for everything he knew about goblins.

daungli
2013-02-19, 07:58 PM
Veltar
[roll0] (Knowledge Local)

"I know that they have their own language, and the smartest of them can learn Common. They tend to only attack when their prey is either very weak, or when they have superior numbers on their side. They also have an affinity for traps, though I'm not sure about the Wargs, all I've heard are stories and I don't go by those."

Yas392
2013-02-19, 08:02 PM
Tryst

"Nice to meet you, Velgar and Gorsomm"

The topic of Worg Riding Goblins spurred his thoughts.

"Worg Riding Goblins, hmm. I'll see if I know anything about them"

Tryst places his hand beneath his chin.

Knowledge Local (Goblins)[roll1]
Knowledge Nature (Worg)[roll2]

"I am not familiar with Worgs. Goblins, on the other hand, I heard that they are unrefined and hideous, in both language and apperance with the potential to learn Common."

Zman
2013-02-19, 10:16 PM
For those who beat DC15 Knowledge Local, Attacking from the hill land makes sense as the huge mobility granted by the Worgs could come into play. Its the most obvious solution.

Normally Veltar would not be able to make an untrained Knowledge check, but since they are his favorite enemy I'm going to say he can, and I believe he gets a +2 to it as well for favored enemy. He also knows the lower DC knowledge.

Zman
2013-02-19, 10:25 PM
Ian

Listening to the companions around him, "Worgs, I'll tell you what I know. Damned things are and nasty and vicious as wolves, wolves mutated by generations of magic and smarter than many men I've met. Watch yourself. But, they eat, breath, and bleed just like us. Chop off their head and they'll fall." Ian simply presents the known information with a bit of finality, adding little, Well that settles that, our leading expert and tracker will make sure and locate the Goblins and then we can collect that contract."

As the group prepares to head out, Gorsomm speaks up, giving curt and straightforward directions including check your pack, take provisions for a couple of days, and bring anything you might need with you and keep the load light enough or "yer ass will be draggin."

The dynamic between the two of them slowly becoming apparent to anyone who is watching, Ian while smart and charismatic is less the leader. His powerful personality isn't backed by the desire to lead, while Gorsomm's strong and rigid personality lends itself to making tough and final decisions.

daungli
2013-02-19, 10:32 PM
Veltar

Veltar nodded curtly, his hands running from his axe to the bow slung over his back and the quiver next to it.

"the goblins have most likely been coming from the hills, so we would be best off going out in that direction, when you all are ready of course."

Yas392
2013-02-19, 11:19 PM
Tryst

"As you say"

Tryst shrugs.

The moment Gorsomm gestures and motions, Tryst excuses himself. He returns shortly after, quiver strapped to his back and bow slinged over his body, a quarterstaff in hand. Tautly packed, he gives a nod of approval that he is ready.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-20, 08:52 AM
Karnack

"Finally!" The half Orc seems greatly enthusiastic about the ensuing task. He makes his away along with the group at a very good pace. He lets the ranger lead but is not far behind with his axe at the ready.
My axe has been quiet too long, don't worry dear friend we hunt again

Archwizard
2013-02-20, 12:33 PM
Gorsomm

Pleased with the preparations being made, even if somewhat disquieted by the personalities of those making the preparations, Gorsomm thinks, Helm, give me strength.

Looking at Ian, Gorsomm says, "Well, we clearly have some basis for how to start. Let's go see how smart these worgs really are."

daungli
2013-02-20, 12:46 PM
Veltar

To say that he was uncomfortable with the massive barbarian following so close behind him was certainly an understatement. Proud as Veltar was to be a dwarf, the half Orc stood nearly twice his height, and would that something caught its attention, well, he would have to get out of the way quickly as to avoid being trampled.

"We can at least follow the road for now. It's some miles to the infested hills. I would hope that you men can hold pace for a days march."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-20, 01:12 PM
Karnack

"If little men get tired I can carry them." And suddenly the massive half Orc bursts out laughing or at least as far as you can tel its laughter. Since finding their themselves finally heading out the Karnack's temperament had greatly changed and he seems almost upbeat, especially considering the rising chance of getting to swing his axe and kill something.
"Should we discuss tack ticks?" Karnack asks vaguely remembering Brand discuss these things before their jobs.

daungli
2013-02-20, 01:32 PM
Veltar

"kill as many of the little bastards as we can." The dwarf grumbled to himself, running a hand through the dark red crest of hair on his head.

Put you in front, see what happens.

Veltar ran his thumb over the blade of his ax, drawing a tiny bead of blood in the process. he sucked on the little cut and chuckled darkly to himself. casting a wary eye over at the rest of the makeshift party. wondering what had brought them here.

Zman
2013-02-20, 01:41 PM
Ian

As they walk, preparing to depart, "Tactics? I strongly suggest as the surest course of action overwhelming force followed by a touch of ruthless efficiency. Seems to have served me well in the past."

daungli
2013-02-20, 01:51 PM
Veltar

The Dwarf's low chuckle turned into a grating, rumbling laugh; one that shook his whole stout frame.

There may be something to these humans after all.

"I might decide that I like you yet, Ian. We could put the barbarian in the front, draw the lot of the little buggers out and then catch them in the flank, cut their legs out from under them."

The Dwarf grinned almost sadistically at the thought.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-20, 01:51 PM
Karnack

The brutish half Orc pauses as if in contemplation. "I need new armor, I don't want to get goblin blood on leather. Too hard to get out later."
Karnack heads over to a nearby armorer who just so happens to have had a Chainshirt he made as a display piece hanging in the shop window. Due to its unusual size the salesman never planned on selling it but upon seein Karnack he thougt refusing might not be in his best interest. Karnack quickly takes the leather armor off and hands it to the armorer who's not quite sure what to do with it but again isn't going to complain. After putting on his new armor Karnack smiles at the armorer and places a sack of gold down on the table.
Karnack jogs back over to the group. "Ok, ready now."

daungli
2013-02-20, 01:57 PM
Veltar

Watching the spectacle with amusement the dwarf shook his head slowly, lightly elbowing Ian in the hip.

"That poor man had no idea what to make of that eh? I imagine he needs a new set of britches by now. Though I've never seen a barbarian that concerned himself with the appearance of his linens."

Zman
2013-02-20, 05:51 PM
Ian

Laughing at Teyst's comment, "Now, a Savage concerned with his appearance is one I may grow to like." Ian smiles, bright white teeth accent his bright blond hair and silver grey eyes.

If anyone wants to, they could try a Knowledge Religion Check on Ian to determine his lineage, especially of anything apparent comes up.

daungli
2013-02-20, 05:59 PM
Veltar

veltar isn't that interested in Ian at the moment

The dwarf tugged on his beard, his blood was up at prospect of goblins, but now that they were apparently playing at fashion. Veltar shook his head in disappointment. All humans looked the same to him, perhaps that was why they were so attentive to their clothes.

Zman
2013-02-20, 06:44 PM
Enter the Infested Hills

As the group marches along, side by side... The land begins to rise and fall with the hills.

It's Gorsomm and Trist who are first to notice the beast, a squat ferocious looking animal digging in the Dirt...

Knowledge Nature to identify the Wolverine

There will be a map incoming

Initiative Order

PreInit
Gorsomm, Tryst

Initiative Blocks
Karnak, Veltar
Wolverine
Ian, Tryst, Gorsomm

Using a initiative blocks, may go in any order in your block.

Initiative
Ian[roll0]
Gorsomm[roll1]
Veltar[roll2]
Tryst[roll3]
Karnak[roll4]

Listen
Ian[roll5]
Gorsomm[roll6]
Veltar[roll7]
Tryst[roll8]
Karnak[roll9]

Spot
Ian[roll10]
Gorsomm[roll11]
Veltar[roll12]
Tryst[roll13]
Karnak[roll14]

Other
Initiative[roll15]
Listen[roll16]
Spot[roll17]

Archwizard
2013-02-20, 10:01 PM
Gorsomm

Noticing the creature, Gorsomm quickly surveys the area to see if any others are about. Not seeing any, he moves towards the creature saying, "Creature up ahead Ian", as he passes by.

Assuming it's the standard half action for surprise round move 30' straight ahead, both axes ready.

Yas392
2013-02-20, 11:18 PM
Tryst

Even with the creature afar, it did not avert the eyes and ears of Tryst.

"Be wary, there's a wolf ahead."

Like Gorsomm, he prepares his bow for firing, notching an arrow. Treading lightly towards it as to not alert the creature, he tries to sense its vital points.

Moving 30 feet diagonal to the left, passing the gap between Karnak and Veltar.

Knowledge Devotion (Nature) [roll0]

Tryst only knows that going for certain parts will agitate the creature but not effective enough to make a fatal strike.

Yas392
2013-02-20, 11:37 PM
Tryst

Seeing the creature at peace, he could not help feeling sorry for its fate. "Forgive me, wild one, you do not deserve this but I have to do it. You are endangering my companions. May the Mount of Seven Heavens be merciful to your next life.

Locking onto his target, Tryst aims his arrow and fires.

[roll0]

daungli
2013-02-21, 03:03 AM
not sure if I Shiism be going, but I want to shoot something :)
Veltar

Following suit with his companion, which one it was he did not true my know, Veltar move forward and knocked and arrow to his bowstring.

1d20+3 to hit
1d20+3 crit confirm
1d8+2 damage
Blood hell dice roll codes

Zman
2013-02-21, 08:14 AM
Tryst takes his shot, his arrow sailing wide. Gorsomm advances, axes at the ready. Veltar takes aim and looses an arrow at the beast managing to pierce his hide, but it's merely a flesh wound and only proves to infuriate the beast.

Karnak is up. Also, could you delete the last post, it's out of sync.

Karnak, then Wolverine, then Ian, Gorsomm, and Tryst.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-21, 08:16 AM
Karnack

Karnack watches as the dwarf and the human with the book fire arrows at the wolverine. Heh puny pieces of wood flying through the air. Karnack raises his axe high above his head and charges right the wolverine.
Charge attack +2 to hit AC at 11 the rest of the round.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to confirm if crit
[roll2] Damage :smallbiggrin:

Zman
2013-02-21, 08:45 AM
Wolverine

Karnak charges the beast and lands a mighty blow on the east, but it's far from a vital or debilitating wound...

The Wolverine rooms with tooth and nail in a foaming fury that th beasts are known for...

Raging Wolverine

Claw[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Claw[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Bite[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

Zman
2013-02-21, 08:49 AM
The Olverine leaps on Krnak with a fury, his claws slashing, Krnak is barey ableto fend a deadly claw off but the Wwolverine sinks his teen deep into Krnaks thigh, his life blood begins to run...

Karnak, field by he list for battle barey notices the blood seeping from his leg or the pain...

Karnak takes 8 VP and 5 WP.
Wound Damage Fort Save DC10[roll0]
Or be stunned [roll1] rounds.

Karnak is Fatigued.

Zman
2013-02-21, 08:56 AM
Ian

A fierce smile across his face as he moves toward the hill and attempts to shoot past Karnak...but he can't thread the arrow into the narrow opening...

Move
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Edit: Had to change my action to a shot.

Archwizard
2013-02-21, 01:18 PM
Gorsomm

Seeing the Orc alone and injured, Gorsomm charges the creature swinging his main axe in a mighty arc.

Charge to R5
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

At -2 AC until my turn comes up again.

Zman
2013-02-21, 01:31 PM
As Gorsomm charges the vicious Wolverine he is able to land a blow, but not to its full affect. The Wolverine is still fighting in its enraged state, but slowing. You sense it cannot keep this up for long...

Total of 31VP Damage, its out of VP and only has Wound Points left.

Yas392
2013-02-21, 04:05 PM
Tryst

Tryst moves closer to get a better shot. Taking up the opportunity, he lets loose an arrow, seeing that his companions had weaken it.

To-hit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Crit - auto

Blade Conduit
2013-02-21, 04:53 PM
Karnack

The sight of the beast wounded spurs Karnack past the pain from his leg. You have fought well, may your fathers accept you in their ranks in the afterlife. He bellows loud and and full, a primal scream, as he brings his mighty axe straight down onto the beast before him.
Karnack will forego any movement actions and just attack
Attacking while fatigued [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Zman
2013-02-21, 04:57 PM
Karnak's axe hits with a solid wet thwack, but even his mighty swing was not enough to fell the Wolverine... It shakes off the power of the massive blow and reared to tear into his attackers once more...

14 Damage(-2 from Str Loss)

For Save DC19[roll0]
If failed Stunned[roll1] Rounds

Veltar is up... Then the Wolverine.

daungli
2013-02-21, 05:18 PM
Veltar

Seeing that the melee had turned brutal Veltar drew another arrow and sighted down it, letting it fly after a moment.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage. Crits are auto now I believe

Zman
2013-02-21, 06:34 PM
Veltar's arrow flies high of its target as he was forced to take a cautions shot for fear of hitting his allies...

Wolverine

Wolverines are known for being vicious and dangerous foes, unrelenting once enraged. The Wolverine continues, even wounded, in an attempt to take down Karnak.... with vicious claws and a bite Karnak falls, bleeding profuces from multiple slashes and gashes...

Raged and Fatigued

Claw[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Claw[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Bite[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

Zman
2013-02-21, 06:37 PM
As the blood begins to pour from his body, Karnak crumples as he loses consciousness...

Karnak Fort Save DC15[roll0] to become Stable, but Disabled,. Failure is unconscious and dieing.

DC 10 on his turn to avoid dieing.

Dying
A dying character is unconscious and near death. Each round on his turn, a dying character must make a Fortitude save (DC 10, +1 per turn after the first) to become stable.

If the character fails the save, he dies.

If the character succeeds on the save by less than 5, he does not die but does not improve. He is still dying and must continue to make Fortitude saves every round.

If the character succeeds on the save by 5 or more but by less than 10, he becomes stable but remains unconscious.

If the character succeeds on the save by 10 or more, he becomes conscious and disabled.

Another character can make a dying character stable by succeeding on a DC 15 Heal check as a standard action (which provokes attacks of opportunity).

Zman
2013-02-21, 06:57 PM
Ian

Dammit, I bought this for me!

As Ian begins moving forward pulling the small vial of murkey blueish green liquid from his belt, barely an ounce. As he gets close he tosses the small vial next to Karnak, shouting at Gorsomm at the same time, "Just like that bar in Amn!"

Move and Draw Potion
Toss [roll0]

Archwizard
2013-02-21, 07:09 PM
Gorsomm grunts at Ian and shouts at Ian, "You and that damned bar. I'm going to put this thing down, or at least keep it occupied, someone back there come up and help the orc."

Gorsomm then swings his axe at the beast, trying to finish this once and for all.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zman
2013-02-21, 07:12 PM
Ian smiles at Gorsomm's response, "Just like Amn..." Ian figures the Orc is stubborn enough to not bleed out before he can get there...

As Gorsomm battles the Wolverine he fails to land any blows on the vicious beast happy enough to keep it at bay.

Yas392
2013-02-21, 07:18 PM
Tryst

His actions ran faster than his thoughts. Tryst's instincts as a healer prioritized the wounded, rushing him to the vulnerable half-orc, placing his hand on the bloodied figure, in attempt to prevent death from befalling this warrior as the beast is occupied by his human companion.

"Thank you, Gorsomm. Please keep it busy while I tend to him."

Cure Light Wounds - [roll0]

daungli
2013-02-21, 07:28 PM
Veltar

Veltar mutters under his breath in dwarfish, essentially giving breath to little more than a vicious string of obscenity. This time he sighted down his arrow, carefully studying his target, hoping that the men up around were tougher than the orc had been. The arrow slipped from his grasp, flying out towards the wolverine

studying creature for +1 dam
[roll0] to hit seriously again?
[roll1] damage

Zman
2013-02-21, 07:50 PM
Tryst manages to quickly move up to Karnack and send energy from himself into the half Orc, Stabilizing him and returning him to consciousness.

Veltar's arrow misses its mark yet again.

Tryst takes one VP of damage for casting a 1st level spell.

Karnak is up! He is fully functional, though prone and fatigued with one WP and 5 VP.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-21, 09:15 PM
Karnack

Oh you wish to play with me beast. Karnack raises his axe while on his back. Haha! I will slay this beast while napping!
He screams once more and swings his axe.
Attacking while prone -4 so my attack is 3 with the fatigued so now it's -1 [roll0] to attack.
Damage [roll1]
Please? Nope...

Zman
2013-02-21, 09:49 PM
Karnak swings and misses the beast from the ground, luckily the beast seems to have switched its attention to Gorsomm.

Wolverine

Tu beast switched its attention to Gorsomm after felling th huge Orc, she lashes out with her deadly claws and vicious teeth... He beast has difficulty pinning down the trained fighter, one set of claws nearly catches Gorsomm.

Claw[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Claw[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Claw[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

2VP after DR to Gorsomm

Ian, Teyst, and Gorsomm are up

Archwizard
2013-02-21, 09:51 PM
Gorsomm

Shaking his head at the Orc's continuing bravado, Gorsomm grits his teeth as the claw cuts into him a little and swings his axes, determined to let this go no further.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zman
2013-02-21, 09:53 PM
Ian

"Damed thng won't die!" Ian shouts before dropping his bow, drawing his swift blade and attempting to gain a favorable position with Gorsomm...

Move, Draw, Flank

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Zman
2013-02-21, 09:57 PM
Ian and Gorsomm are able to swiftly surround and efficiently pick apart the Wolverine.

Gorsomm brings in two heavy blows across the beasts chest while Ian sinks his blade deep in its back. With a gurgle the Wolverine collapses to the ground, the area soaked with blood, the beasts and Karnak's.

Ian flicks the blood from his glad and again pockets his precious potion, Can't believ I almost wasted it, cost me fifty guilders...

Archwizard
2013-02-21, 09:59 PM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm nods at Ian and says, "Once again we work well together." He then looks down at Karnack, "You want to discuss tactics? Don't charge ahead by yourself away from everyone else."

Zman
2013-02-21, 10:04 PM
Ian

Laughing at a sharp smile crossing his charismatic face, "Just like Amn... You didn't use the potion there either!"

Ian, looks at the blood now covering his fine white cloths and shakes his head. With a flick of his wrist he seems to clean the blood off of himself, his cloths, and his blade leaving them pristine again.

Presigitation

Yas392
2013-02-21, 10:25 PM
Tryst

The tension sliding down to a calm, Tryst raises his body to a straight posture after aiding the downed figure, watching as the final blow is dealt by the combined efforts of Ian and Gorsomm.

Putting his weapons back to its original position, he chuckles slightly at Gorsomm's beratement.

"Agreed"

At the sound of Ian's statement, he shrugs.

"Potions are for when the most dire situation calls for it. Unless that day comes, our magics and accessories will prove suffice. Hmm, you seemed to be familiar with my home region, perhaps you worked for an association there?"

Recalling the distress that Ian had shown earlier, he surmises and nods. He also notes that in his region, money is the key to solutions.

"Ah, I see. That must be a high quality concortion there, isnt it?"

Blade Conduit
2013-02-21, 10:29 PM
Karnack

"Should of said somethiing before I saw that thing" With that the giant Half Orc brings himself off the ground and laughs full and hard. He slaps the axe hard, looks at his new teammates with a huge grin full of wicked looking teeth. "I need a bigger axe!"

He then looks down at himself, turns his head to the side a little bit. "Remind me to kill armerrr when we get back to town, this armor busted."

Zman
2013-02-21, 10:36 PM
Ian

Laughing at Karnak's comment, "Compensatory behavior I I've ever seen it."

Zman
2013-02-21, 10:51 PM
Ian

Responding to Tryst, "Amn, we spent but a weeks end there passing through. I'm not too familiar with the area. Tis your home?"

When Tryst comments on the position, "Well enough, as potent as your spell."

Yas392
2013-02-21, 11:27 PM
Tryst

"That is correct, Sorcerer."

Tryst closes his eyes, inclining his head a bit to the side, opening them shortly just to see Gorsomm stroding over to inspect the body.

daungli
2013-02-22, 12:06 AM
Veltar

The dwarf clomps his way up at examine the corpse, muttering darkly to himself the whole way.

"At least it's dead now, and the Orc learned a lesson I hope? Let them come to us, then hit it with an axe."

Veltar eyed the brutish half Orc for a moment. "At least we don't have to burry anyone yet. Would be a sour note on which to begin some revenge eh?"

He kicks the wolverine corpse and shakes his head.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-22, 07:11 AM
Karnack

The Half Orc looks over to the dwarf and just starts howling with laughter, bending over a little and holding his stomach as he does. "BWAHAHAHA! You funny! Let them come to us. I never laugh so hard!"

He then looks around. "I wonder if there are any more?"

Spot check [roll0]

daungli
2013-02-22, 07:27 AM
Veltar

Chuckling along with the Orc, with a smile that does not reach his eyes Veltar stops immediately and return to brooding silence. He is not pleased to have the barbarian point out that there could be more creatures around.

Perhaps a group was a bad idea, if I am already slipping.

He takes in his surroundings.
spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Clearly the orc was making to much noise for Veltar to hear anything, that is, If there was anything to hear in the first place.

Zman
2013-02-22, 11:07 AM
Veltar is not aware of any other creatures nearby, but they are standing right above the Wolverine's den. It could have had young, but if so you cannot hear them.

Archwizard
2013-02-22, 11:29 AM
Gorsomm

"Perhaps we should check out the creature's den to make sure there are no surprises inside waiting for us to turn our backs. Ian, you have keen eyes in the dark." Gorsomm looks around, "After that, it's probably a good idea to keep moving to do the job we set out to do."

I hope I'm not going to have ride herd on this orc, that was very reckless even if he did hurt the beast. Doesn't do us a ton of good in the long term if he gets himself killed.

Zman
2013-02-22, 11:43 AM
Ian

With an exagerated sigh, Ian walks over to the hold in the dirt and looks deep inside.

"Empty, nothing worthwhile, nor anything alive."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-22, 11:59 AM
Karnack

"Looking in hole for enemy? Are we farmers?" Again Karnack laughs at his own joke. "I probably see in dark better than you anyway."
The Half Orc then takes his axe wipes it on the ground looks over at Gorsomm "That was fun. Where to next?"

Zman
2013-02-22, 02:51 PM
Ian

Looking at Karnak, as the hulking man's wounds still seeping despite Tryst's efforts, "Ahh, but with your track record with Wolverines, we figured it'd be best to keep you safe."

Ian looks at Gosomm, trying to guess the mans thoughts, he was always better at making the important decisions. "What should or course of action be? Move to high ground and catch our breaths? Press on?"

Archwizard
2013-02-22, 03:01 PM
Gorsomm

"I am ready to press on, and I'm guessing our friend here," nodding at Karnack, "would be insulted if it were implied that he could not continue after that battle."

With that, Gorsomm wipes his axes off on the wolverine as best he can and waits for the group to head out in the order they were before.

Yas392
2013-02-22, 03:46 PM
Tryst

"Wait, let's not rush to conclusions that wolverines live in the caverns," Tryst says to the party.

Knowledge Nature (Wolverine) [roll0]

Tryst speaks out.

"Wolverines are still wolves, only more vicious like our barbarian friend here. They may not be alone and likely be travelling in pack. They would not idly wait in dark areas to attack us. They may be lying in wait for the right moment when we are entering the caves."

Finishing his theory, he gave an approving gesture.

"But I stand by Gorsomm's lead. However as a precaution, I suggest we all move to the hills to catch our breaths like Ian says and check the slopes first before proceeding. It might secure our safety from ambushes before proceeding to the depths."

After Ian presented his findings, Tryst crosses his arms.

"Never mind that option. What do you suggest that we do, Gorsomm? The slopes are still an alternative area that have not been searched."

Twisting to Karnak, he gives a solemn warning, wagging his finger. "Do not be too reckless in the next bout otherwise you may not be as fortunate as this battle. Since I felt magical exhaustion from healing you, I suggest you to be careful in future encounters."

Zman
2013-02-22, 03:51 PM
Tryst knows just about everyhing about Wolverines. This is most assuredly it's den, and it's male so there wouldn't be any young present.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-22, 05:21 PM
Karnack

Karnak looks at the little man wagging his finger at him. Normally this would call for some sort of angry scream and a raised axe but this was the little man who had The Book, so Karnack tries to look appropriately chastised. "Sorry.....I be more careful next time"

daungli
2013-02-22, 06:26 PM
Veltar

"Never thought I'd see that, a chastised barbarian. I'm not as drained as the rest of you, over the hills will tire is out faster, keep to the low ground."

Yas392
2013-02-22, 09:00 PM
Tryst

That quip from Veltar makes Tryst expression more serene than usual like an enlightened monk.

"Occasionally some adventurers acted too rashly that they may as well be children. They might needed someone to uhh.."

He pause nervously and lets out a breath, trying to rack his brains for the write word to describe this situation.

"What is the term..Ah, yes, to tame the excitement within."

Tryst reminiscing the past with a smile. Just like the days when I would track cleric trainees activities and scold them for their antics.

As an expert in the ways of nature, Veltar's advice could not make more sense.

"I'll take your word for it, ranger. It is your area of expertise, I expect no less."

daungli
2013-02-22, 09:11 PM
Veltar

"dwarfs do not act so rashly, even the beardlings."

Veltar is silent for a moment, reflecting upon his past, in a time before his wanderings. he looked back at the cleric, studying him.

"I am still getting used to your faces, the customs of men still confuse me, you are all very tall. You are Tryst?"

Yas392
2013-02-22, 09:42 PM
Tryst

Noting the dwarf conundrum about men and the rate of adaptation to the identities of the individuals fighting along side him, he answers.

"Yes, I am. It's fine if you are inquiring much about us. As for your question about our height, not all of us stood at this height. Some may even be your size due to some biological traits that causes deformity of the body when they are birthed."

Tryst pats Veltar's shoulder.

"No offense to you about your race being rash but I am refering to those that thrives for battle and glory senselessly."

Zman
2013-02-22, 10:51 PM
Between the Hills

Veltar begins leading the group, staying to the valleys between hills, limiting heir visibility, but also making them difficult to spot.

Survival for Veltar to try and track the Goblins?

daungli
2013-02-22, 10:55 PM
Veltar

Veltar is much more content down between the hills than up upon them, leading the party, but not by a large margin as they are all much more fleet of foot that he, he keeps his wits about him and looks everywhere for signs of the goblins.

[roll0] survival (includes favored enemy)
clearly the hills are more in the way than he thinks

Zman
2013-02-22, 11:07 PM
As Veltar scours the found he finds signs that multiple creatures had recently passed, maybe a day or two hence. He almost failed to notice them, but his trained senses and familiarity with Goblins made the difference.

daungli
2013-02-22, 11:16 PM
Veltar

"They have been through here, not terribly long, only a few days. perhaps returning to their nest?"

The dwarven rnager tugs on his beard, thinking upon the tracks.

Zman
2013-02-22, 11:19 PM
You are capable of taking ten, moving at half speed and following them.

Their direction is headed Northeast.

Archwizard
2013-02-23, 02:07 AM
Gorsomm

Interesting that Karnack responded to Veltar that way. I will have to remember that dynamic.

"Excellent Veltar. We should keep going until it's dark. Just do what you can to make sure we stay on the trail."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-23, 07:52 AM
Karnack

As he watched the dwarf follow some unseen trail Karnack's mind began to wander. That beast was almost too much for him. In fact he was pretty sure at some point and time he must have gotten hit pretty hard because he remembers waking up on his back. At this rate he'd never have his revenge. Unless of course these people would help him. With their help the beast was finally undone maybe they could do the same for Brand. And of course there was the one with The Book, Trsst was his name and he knew things, things Karnack couldn't even imagine. Of course there was also the silver tongued one, Een, that one would bear watching. The last two Karnack wasn't sure what to make of. Goresome had a name an Orc could be proud of and he stood and fought beside him agaisnt the beast, that had to count for something, and Velltr, well anything that hated goblins was fine by Karnack, even if they were really really small.

Zman
2013-02-23, 11:50 AM
Trail of the Goblins

The group follows Veltar, the Dwarf wi his eyes to the ground as they travel over the hard ground, the trail unseen to most. Slowly but surely they keep following the trail, after a couple of hours the sun begins to set and darkness washes over the Infested Hills posing a question to the group of unlikely comrades, will they make camp for the evening or continue into dusk and dark?

Yas392
2013-02-23, 05:48 PM
Tryst

Karnack's fatigue and the others are not doing so well either. It all falls to me. Before we can safely let our guards down to set up camp, I must check the area.

Brushing past his companions, Tryst scours the area for enemies, ear perked up and eyes darting at every trees, foliage, canopy and bushes.

Listen - [roll0]
Spot - [roll1]

daungli
2013-02-23, 06:08 PM
i was going to have Veltar help you with that one, but holy crap, nice rolls.

Veltar

"Immediate dangers aside, who is taking first watch?

Regardless of Tryst's alertness Veltar can't help but look around as well.
[roll0] listen
[roll1] spot

Yas392
2013-02-23, 06:17 PM
Tryst

Setting up his tent near the trees, he settles down, his back against a tree.

"The obvious choice would be those that are less inactive. If you prefer, you may take the first watch otherwise I could occupy that position if others prefer to lay themselves for the night. If it is my turn, alert me."

He replies, flipping a page from one of his books that he had gotten out of his pack after he's done with his makeshift shelter.

I know right. :smallbiggrin:

Zman
2013-02-23, 06:48 PM
Making Camp

As dark approaches the group chooses to make camp for the night. Tryst's keen eyes and ears sense no hint of danger.

Ian, when asks who shall have the first watch, "I shall volunteer, I like my rest uninterrupted."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-23, 06:50 PM
Karnack

Karnack watches as the three discuss which might take the first watch. "Wake me up when it my turn. I sleep heavy sometimes so hit me if I no wake up fast. Sometimes I wake up swinging tho so maybe no hit me." He then smiles and chuckles a little at them while laying his bedroll on the ground.

daungli
2013-02-23, 07:06 PM
Veltar

"I shall take the second watch then.

The dwarf busies himself with his bedroll, setting himself up for a short rest

Archwizard
2013-02-23, 07:14 PM
Gorsomm

"I will take the final watch and wake everyone when it is time to get ready to resume our journey."

Zman
2013-02-23, 07:19 PM
Ian

"Then I suggest we eat and make ready." Ian Looks around te shallow valley Veltar had chosen, the sparse rocks and shrubbery would provide some protection if necessary.

Watch Rotation
Ian
Karnak
Tryst
Veltar
Gorsomm

daungli
2013-02-23, 07:24 PM
Veltar

Veltar spends the evening sharpening his axe and playing his fingers through his beard and crest of hair, focused on his preparations for the coming day

Zman
2013-02-23, 07:25 PM
The group makes ready eating, then each in turn taking a two hour watch. Morning's light peaks over the horizon as Gorsomm wakes each in turn.

No random encounter despite the dangerous area.

I assume continuing the trail.

daungli
2013-02-23, 07:38 PM
Veltar is all over moving onwards

Veltar

Stretching and repacking his bedroll the dwarf pulls out a small mirror and carefully trims his beard, making sure it is properly plaited before looking up at his tall companions.

"Are we ready then? I don't believe that any of you have anything that needs doing here? not that there is anything round here by the looks of it."

Zman
2013-02-23, 07:41 PM
Following the Trail

Veltar continues to lead the group over the hard terrain, following the fading trail. Just as the fiery orb passes its zenith... something catches his eye and Gorsomm signals for the group to come to a hault. A second later Tryst, Karnak, and Veltar spot it too. A goblin camp, small, likely from a raiding party.

The camp is over 200 yards away, using a deep cut in the hillside for shelter and storage of plundered goods. This is the base of local Goblin Raiders, used to store plunder for a larger settlement further from civilization.

Gorsomm's eyes are keen. No Worgs are present, only six goblins are visibl as the raiding party must be away. Though, it's difficult to see into the crack in the earth.

Listen
Ian[roll0]
Gorsomm[roll1]
Veltar[roll2]+2 Goblins
Tryst[roll3]
Karnak[roll4]

Spot
Ian[roll5]
Gorsomm[roll6]
Veltar[roll7]+2 Goblins
Tryst[roll8]
Karnak[roll9]

Nothing like information and forewarning to make an encounter easier.

Extra Knowledge
Veltar is familiar with Goblins, this is most definitely a raiders camp. If there is a larger Goblin settlement in the area then there is risk of the Golins breeding quickly and pushing towards civilization as the breed and multiply rapidly like an infestation.

daungli
2013-02-23, 07:53 PM
Veltar

Veltar holds up his hand, signaling everyone to stop. he crouches down and readies his bow

"Goblins cant tell quite how many, a short ways ahead. I don't think they have seen us."

Zman
2013-02-23, 07:57 PM
Ian

Failing to notice and being caught by surprise, it takes a few moments for Ian to catch sight of the Raiders camp.

Don't forget to occasionally recheck my bigger posts like the previous one, I often add a bit more detail when I flesh them out. Being on my IPad makes me a bit paranoid as I often lose nearly c'mon,eyed posts, hence piecemeal updating at times.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-23, 08:07 PM
Karnack

Trying hard to hold in his joy at such a lovely sight Karnack does a little dance as quietly as possible. He then whispers "we go kill goblin? I no rush in? what plan boss?" He looks right at Trsst after asking these questions.

daungli
2013-02-23, 08:26 PM
Veltar

"we move up, shoot them, draw them out, then meet them with good steel and stout arms. unless someone has a better plan?

Zman
2013-02-23, 08:55 PM
Ian

Ian glances at Gorsomme for his take on the plan. He shuffles his half cloak off one shoulder, freeing up his right arm both his bow and blade across his back.

The terrain (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5025/5602203674_dba243897d_z.jpg) is rolling hils populated with stone and shrubs. There is very little in the way of cover. The Goblin camp is nestled along a point where two hills meet forming a pocket, maybe fifteen feet wide at the entrance. It uses two large stone formations helping hide it from view.

Archwizard
2013-02-23, 08:59 PM
Gorsomm

"Sounds like a solid plan, let's make it happen."

With that, Gorsomm prepares his longbow for action.

daungli
2013-02-23, 09:02 PM
Veltar

Veltar grins in an unsettling way, loosening his axe in his belt, ready to wield it when the time comes.

"Are we ready to kill these beasts? their presence is offensive to my ancestors."

Yas392
2013-02-23, 09:04 PM
Tryst

When morn came, Tryst was already up before others did with the exception of Gorsomm. He packed his belongings, found a spot to meditate to recover his exhausted allotments before setting out with the rest of the group.

When the party arrives at the goblin's camp, having a clear mind allow Tryst to capture all of the details perfectly.

Boss..now that's a new thing and I may have like orc now and then.Without glancing at Karnak who consults him for advice, Tryst assures him in the same tone.

"I do not have any good thoughts to share. However, the advise that I could offer is that we should follow Veltar's signal after goblins are his favourite food for his kind of person then maybe you can make sure that the goblins are what state that you want them to be at their moment of weakness."

For a brief second, Tryst seems to flash a smile of excitement just like Karnak before it vanishes back to his usual disposition.

Zman
2013-02-23, 09:20 PM
Ian

Looking to his companions, "Should we advance before engaging? I have little confidence in my accuracy at this range.". Ian takes out his bow, nocking an arrow.

He also let's the incantation for protective energies run though his head in preparation of use.

We are roughly 200' away, there is little cover. By attacking how, we guarantee surprise, if we advance, we may be noticed.

daungli
2013-02-23, 09:24 PM
Veltar

"move up, they dont have much room to move around in there, we bottleneck them and pick them off as they panic."

Setting thought into action, Veltar moved up, preparing to fire at the first goblin that did anything he didn't like, besides being goblins of course.

Yas392
2013-02-23, 09:31 PM
Tryst

Right behind Veltar, Tryst follows up after him, nocking an arrow from his quiver. Hearts pumping, blood rushing, he's more than ready to annihilate, no, to help clean up the goblins in their path, he corrects himself. Huhu.

Calm down. Control. Peace. Tranquility.

Tryst puffs, releasing air, clearing unfiltered thoughts.

Zman
2013-02-23, 09:40 PM
Approaching the Goblins

The group begins moving up, thy begin closing the distance to the Goblins...

At roughly 100 yards the first Goblin notices the approaching party, signaling to the rest.

Veltar, Karnak, and Tryst were first to react...

Initiative Blocks
Veltar, Teyst, Karnak
Goblins
Ian, Gorsomm

Map will be incoming shortly

Initiative
Ian[roll0]
Gorsomm[roll1]
Veltar[roll2]
Tryst[roll3]
Karnak[roll4]

Goblins[roll5]

Archwizard
2013-02-23, 09:40 PM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm follows the others, ready to fire at the goblins.

Zman
2013-02-23, 10:06 PM
Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiqQBH7wb0tvdDZPOUNTTWpOV21UQ2VHNjE4S2xCV 0E#gid=0)

Archwizard
2013-02-23, 10:13 PM
Gorsomm

"I suggest we move up to that hill about 150' ahead. It looks like it is tall enough to provide some cover to get closer to the goblins."

As appropriate for timing, Gorsomm will move towards Q42 until he sees goblins getting within longbow range (100') or until fired upon.

Yas392
2013-02-23, 10:55 PM
Tryst

As Veltar moves ahead from Gorsomm's suggestion that is viable to fall back on, Tryst follows his leader's movements, using the high terrains as cover, positioning himself behind Gorsomm, following his actions until he acts.

Tryst moved to Q43

Blade Conduit
2013-02-23, 11:00 PM
Karnack

Karnack looks at the others almost unsure of what to do next. He sees Trsst moving forward and follows along with him.
He's attempting to learn to fight as a team. He will move forward with Tryst.

Zman
2013-02-23, 11:13 PM
Goblin Camp

Veltar, Karnak, and Tryst all most forward following cover and moving as a group, their weapons at the ready. Karnak shows unusual restraint as he follows the man with the book.

Goblins

The Goblins, surprised by human invaders take defensive positions completely disappearing from sight....

Ian

Seeing his allies move and the Goblins take cover, "I've got your back or a blade in theirs." as Ian quickly follows Gorsomm.

See updated map for details. I moved Veltar as I assumed he would as there was no actual combat, just movement. New Initiative

Initiative Blocks
Veltar, Tryst, Karnak
Then
Goblins
Then
Ian, Gorsomm

daungli
2013-02-23, 11:57 PM
ian and gorsom are about 100feet ahead of us?

Veltar

The goblins were still quite a ways out ahead of him, and Veltar did not like that one bit. He pushed himself onwards, wanting to close the gap before firing in their ranks.
double move towards the closest goblin, assuming I can in this terrai.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-24, 07:30 AM
Karnack

"Do not be too reckless in the next bout.." The words come back to Karnack as they make their way from rock to rock. He wasn't sure what some of the words meant but he felt he understood the idea. Staying with the Book Man tho was beginning to frustrate Karnack. He could see Goresum and Een getting closer to the goblins. He was shamed that the one who fought beside would now see battle before him. "Gahh.. I am going now." He says quickly before moving off to join the two at the front line.
I believe using two move actions I can get to F 54. If I'm wrong just take me as close to Ian and Gorsomm as I can get.

Zman
2013-02-24, 12:25 PM
Karnak, Veltar, and Tryst

Karnak breaks at the sight of Gorsomm and Ian moving ahead. Veltar also makes a quick push, able to run avoiding the boulders as he goes. Tryst follows closely...

Goblins

As the group advances, the Goblins begins losing arrows from their small bows, holding to cover behind the rocks as best they can...

They loose their arrows, concentrated at the Dwarf, Ian, and Gorsomm but none of their arrows find their marks.

1: Ian
2: Gorsom
3: Karnka
4: Veltar
5: Tryst

Vs [roll0]
Attack[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Vs [roll3]
Attack[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

Vs [roll6]
Attack[roll7]
Damage[roll8]

Vs [roll9]
Attack[roll10]
Damage[roll11]

Vs [roll12]
Attack[roll13]
Damage[roll14]

Vs [roll15]
Attack[roll16]
Damage[roll17]

Vs [roll18]
Attack[roll19]
Damage[roll20]

Gorsomm and Ian

Gorsomm and Ian continue their push to get behind the hill and out of view of the Goblins...

Back to the top of an initiative, hope everyone is ok with my moves.

Initiative Blocks
Tryst, Veltar, Karnak,
Goblins,
Ian, Gorsomm

Blade Conduit
2013-02-24, 12:48 PM
Karnack

Seeing Een and Goresum move ever closer to their enemies inspires Karnack to join them so as to quickly enter the fray. Screaming as he does so "MY AXE IS BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD!* towards the goblins.
*translated from orcish.
Using a full move to get to P 42.

daungli
2013-02-24, 04:57 PM
Veltar

Ducking and not stoping to present a proper target Veltar pushes onward, spying a rock that rests in the middle of two larger hills. Taking a deep breath he puts on a burst of speed and runs up to it, taking what cover he can from it.

veltar is moving up to the rock at G-31

Zman
2013-02-24, 07:45 PM
Tryst

Tryst moves off towards the rest of the group, leaving Veltar to approach the Goblins alone.

Goblins

As the group approaches the Goblins shift from cover to cover, loosing small arrows at their only viable targe, Veltar... their arrows are surprisingly accurate, Veltar barely dodges two of them and a third catches his left arm, a seering stab of pain...

Goblins Move and attack Veltar

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Hit for 2VP

Attack[roll2]Failed Confirmation
Damage[roll3]
Hit for 4VP

Attack[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

Attack[roll6]Failed Confirmation
Damage[roll7]
Hit for 1VP 1WP
Fatigued

Attack[roll8]
Damage[roll9]

Attack[roll10]
Damage[roll11]

That will be a DC6 Fort Save or be Stunned for a d4 rounds.

daungli
2013-02-24, 07:58 PM
Veltar

Veltar grunted in pain, his hatred for the goblins ahead of him was however enough to keep him going.

fortitude [roll0]

Zman
2013-02-24, 08:02 PM
Ian

Moves up to the top of the hill, the highest point visible with no cover, he draws his bow back infusing it with his arcane energies as he looses an arrow at the closest Goblin... his his arrow narrowly misses its mark.

Sacrificing a lvl1, takes 1VP
Attack[roll0]Damned Cover
Damage[roll1]

daungli
2013-02-24, 08:28 PM
Veltar

Shrugging off his injuries, Veltar drew his bow and fired at the nearest goblin. Im not sure what the AC mod is for it being in cover and what not, add that in as you see fit please; [roll0] (adding in my favored enemy and fatigue, versus G6

moving far to quickly, Veltar whipped his arrow off high above the goblin he was aiming at, now having to rely on his meager cover to protect him better htis time around than last.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-24, 08:48 PM
Karnack

Karnack watches as the arrows fly at Veltar. Hey, that not fair He thinks to himself. Those arrows should be flying at him. They should be afraid of HIM! He rushes to a rock close to the goblins and tries to taunt them into coming out to Play!
Moving to J 25 taking cover.

You cowards! Come and meet my Axe!*

*translated from Orcish.

Archwizard
2013-02-24, 09:01 PM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm climbs to the top of the hill near Ian and lets loose with an arrow.

Move 30' up to R36
Fire at the goblin at G4 who appears to be 110' away, grr.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

This roll includes a -2 range penalty, but nothing for cover.

Zman
2013-02-24, 09:24 PM
Gorsomm crests the hill, takes steady aim with his long bow and looses an arrow, true to its mark the arrow finds the Goblins torso... The Golbin is grievously wounded but is able to fight on...

First Save DC12 [roll0]
[roll1]rounds

Yas392
2013-02-24, 09:57 PM
Tryst

With their focal target Veltar for now, Tryst makes it up to the peak, abit with teetering steps. Nevertheless, it getting abit difficult to shoot with all the covers around.

Mustering the strength he need, he releases his arrow to the nearest goblin, praying that it strikes true.

Tryst moves to Q38

To-hit - [roll0]
Confirm Critical - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Zman
2013-02-24, 10:04 PM
As Tryst crests the hill he lets out a slow Exhilation, time slows as his arrow flies true, just an inch over a rock catching the hiding Goblin through the throat, with a gurgle the small Golinoid falls spraying an arc of blood through the air...

Nice shot!

Goblins are up, then Ian and Gorsomm.

Zman
2013-02-24, 10:13 PM
Goblins

With one of their number dead, the wounded Goblin flees for his life, but seriously wounded he is unable to flee quickly....

The remaining four Goblins return fire on their assailants... one panicking and targeting the massive Half Orc in front of him, the other targeting the wounded Dwarf, another targets Tryst, while the fourth Gorsomm...

Karnkak, charging forward presents a huge target, by sheer luck the arrow glances off of the rock in front of him and only nicks his armor..

Veltar pinned down by the deadeyed Goblins takes another arrow through the calf, blood begins seeping from the wound...

Tryst narrowly avoids an arrow, had he not been ready it would have struck true...

Gorsomm manages to turn at the last second as the arrow deflects off of his chain...

Thanks to Gorsomm for granting Ian cover.

Vs Veltar AC20
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1] Takes another 3 Wound Damage

Vs Karnak AC16
Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3] Takes 3 VP Damage

Vs Tryst AC12
Attack[roll4]
Damage[roll5] Takes 2 VP Damage

Vs Gorsomm AC15
Attack[roll6]
Damage[roll7] Takes 2VP Damage

Ian and Gorsomm are up

Zman
2013-02-24, 10:21 PM
Ian

Ian moves forward taking cover behind a rock, cursing under his breath as the Goblins prove far more dangerous than he had expected. He draws back, and looses another arrow.... and misses wide...

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Archwizard
2013-02-24, 10:23 PM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm grits his teeth as an arrow hits him, and he notices many arrows flying true, but at least the goblins aren't the only ones scoring hits. Moving up, Gorsomm lets another arrow fly.

Move up to R30. Firing at G1 who is 80' away.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-24, 10:24 PM
Gorsomm's shot is perfect and catches a Goblin right above the heart punching through the Goblin's leather armor, it falls, its end nigh...

Well thats a one shot

Tryst, Karnak, and Veltar are up again.

Archwizard
2013-02-24, 10:27 PM
Gorsomm

Seeing Veltar's situation, Gorsomm shouts, "Tryst, get to Veltar, he's badly hurt."

Yas392
2013-02-24, 10:53 PM
Tryst

Tryst felt his wind knocked out of his throat from the force of the arrow that he dodged. When Gorsomm informed him that Veltar is in need of medication, only a terse response is his answer.

"Will do so"

Tryst departs swiftly. He needs to get there before Veltar is skewered into a meaty pulp although he sought out a solid cover to bail the arrows.

Tryst moves 30 feet to P33

daungli
2013-02-24, 10:59 PM
veltar

"What Veltar needs is armor that wasn't made by some kind of invalid!"

Veltar shouts across to his companions, though not willing to deny that he is hurt. He takes another shot at the goblin ahead of him.
[roll0] hit less terrain modifies

Damage [roll1]

Yas392
2013-02-24, 11:01 PM
Tryst

As he moves, he couldn't help to fire one arrow, the fire inside demands it.

To-hit - [roll0]
Critical Confirm - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

But he feels this will not be lucky like his previous attempt.

Zman
2013-02-24, 11:06 PM
Both Veltar and Tryst miss with their arrows...

Ian laughs in response, "At least you are wearing armor! I figure I look less intimidating that way, less likely to get shot!" Ian has a huge smile on his face, even though he has contributed little thus far....

Karnak is up.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-25, 07:27 AM
Karnack

Karnack watches as one goblin flees and two more fall dead. He roars with outrage as he has killed none of them. Gah flimsy flying sticks... He rushes towards the remaining three, raises his axe on high and screams right into the face of one.
"MEET YOUR DEATH!*

*Translated from Orcish.
I'm going for F 18 which I think will take up all my movement for the round as a double move.

Zman
2013-02-25, 08:54 AM
As Karnak approaches, shouting at he nearest Goblin in his guteral on give, the nearest Goblin begins to visibly shake...

Goblins

The Goblin nearest to Karnak brake and engine to flee instead of stat and face the angered Half Orc. Seeing another of their group incapacitated or fleeing the remaining two turn tail as well...

Seeing the Agoblins break and begin to flee, Ian shouts at Karnak, "Damnmit! We needed them dead! Not scared half to death..." Ian loses the rest to a shallow and smiling laughter.

Did Karnak Move + Intimidate vs Double move.

They have broken. And are moving away, we can attempt to shoot at them.

Ian and Gorsomm are up.

Archwizard
2013-02-25, 05:03 PM
Gorsomm

Dammit! This damned orc needs to be reined in. Sending a quick glare at Ian, "I'm glad you think it's funny." With that Gorsomm moves to follow the goblins while sending another arrow after them.

Don't think the map is updated, so just move Gorsomm 30' closer to the goblins.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

No idea if range penalties apply.

Zman
2013-02-25, 07:27 PM
Gorsomme arrow manages to stick solidly in the back of a fleeing Goblin, just why of missing his armor... But stumbling the Goblin continues on, unable to keep his previous pace...

Failed to Confirm, just barely

Fort Save DC13[roll0]
[roll1]rounds

Ian

Ian, controlling himself quickly takes aim again and looses another arrow... Again his aim proves in err...

Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Ian is horrible in combat!

daungli
2013-02-25, 07:34 PM
Veltar

Cursing loudly in dwarfish, Veltar moved forwards, stepping from beyond the rock and taking aim at the nearest goblin.

[roll0] to hit (no idea why I'm bothering)
damage [roll1] damage

Blade Conduit
2013-02-25, 07:44 PM
Karnack

Seeing the goblins flee brings a wide grin to the Half Orc's face.
"This Karnack's favorite game! and with that he runs down the first wounded goblin who tried to run.

Charge Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
-2 AC

Yas392
2013-02-25, 08:03 PM
Tryst/?

Tch, scampering cowards. What are you doing fool? Shoot them, make them bleed all their entrails out.

I have no reason to listen to the likes of you.

His hands feel clammy, his pores are sweating river and his breath labored.

Still, he thrusts his body forth. The goblins are escaping, leaving the wounded to their fate. He would not allow that. Tryst loose an arrow, focusing on preventing the goblin from living another day. By the weave of Mystra, a stroke of luck had surely descended upon us. By this turn of event, Veltar would need not trouble himself with my healing unless the fiends are folly enough to barrage us.

Tryst moves 30 feet to P27

To-hit - [roll0]
Critical confirm - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Zman
2013-02-25, 08:51 PM
With the Goblins Routed as diappearing from sight around the hills Gorsomm is able to wound another while Tryst's arrows finish him. Meanwhile Karnak quickly chases the final wounded Goblin and proceeds to cleave it in half.

End of combat, I'll award cp soon.

And Tryst has a split personality?

Blade Conduit
2013-02-25, 09:39 PM
Karnack

Karnack wipes his axe clean. Looks at the others and laughs mightily!
"Little goblins fear Karnack! This is good thing!

Archwizard
2013-02-25, 09:39 PM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm looks at Karnak, "Since we need their heads as proof of the kills, perhaps we shouldn't scare them away."

Looking around, Gorsomm says, "Tryst, how's Veltar doing? Veltar, are you able to scout about and see if there are any signs of where they came from?"

Gorsomm goes over to the bodies, "Speaking of heads, we might as well collect these. This job's going to get smelly."

daungli
2013-02-25, 09:41 PM
Veltar

With the goblins running scared the dwarf clomped forwards, slipping his bow back over his shoulders, and drawing his axe, fingering the blade unhappily.

"Why in the name of the gods did you feel the need to chase them off! We had them right where we wanted them."

Veltar sighed, and looked around the camp, trying to determine if there was anything worth taking that may have been left lying around. He pokes his head into the area the goblins were using as a camp.

"Regardless, we have a problem now, odds are they'll try to collect more of thier fellows, they know we are here and will try to come back with greater numbers... Also, it seems I'm bleeding on everything."

Veltar has finally noticed his injuries, the adrenaline pumping through his system having run out.

Yas392
2013-02-25, 09:57 PM
Tryst

"There's nothing serious, just a mild injury. With healing and rest enough, he should be fine in the morning."

He caught Veltar who is about to fall from the loss of blood.

"I got you"

Stopping the bleeding immediately with a gauze,Tryst administers healing, then wraps them in bandages.

Cure Light Wounds - [roll0]

"There. I know it's not much at the moment. You should be in a better shape to go ahead but don't strain yourself too much"

Zman
2013-02-25, 09:58 PM
Ian

Ian come walking over, thumbing the string of his bow, "Gorsomm, I may be in need of lessons. I seem to have forgotten which eye to close." Ian smiles at his misfortune in the battle having contributed naught.

He pauses, adding, "At least I look good doing it."

daungli
2013-02-25, 10:12 PM
Veltar

The dwarf nodded his thanks to the cleric. the power of tryst's magic suffusing veltar's body and sealing his wounds. With the cleric still close at hand Veltar grabbed his wrist, holding him close to speak to him without having to look as far up at him.

"The orc seems willing to listen to you, we need to keep him in hand as best we can. Letting him run them off helped us, but goblins will gather their fellows and come back."

re-energized Veltar cast about the camp, looking for signs of the goblins coming and going, but the recent combat has ruined any tracks that were in the area.
Survival to read their tracks if there are any; [roll0]

Zman
2013-02-25, 10:15 PM
Goblin Camp

Veltar looks around, rumaging though the pile of plunder the online had acquired. It looks as if the Goblins had raided some home, villages, and travelers in the past few days. There are food stuffs, bags of goods, and even some valuables. Some gold, silver, and copper and the prize, a small gem, found in the bloodstained pocket of some breeches.

Total Value [roll0]gp

Yas392
2013-02-25, 10:38 PM
Tryst

Facing up to Veltar, who grabbed his wrist.

"I'll try."

His body twitches and his veins are about to pop when he hears of the humorous remark from Ian.

"Does your condescendence have no bounds? You stood there eschewing the situation like it never happen with your witticism all in the while every one of us were covered in blood and sweat. Have you no shame? It's not a game, Spellsword. Veltar and Karnack almost died out there."

daungli
2013-02-25, 10:45 PM
Veltar

I hardly almost died, we had them right where we wanted them anyway, they were due to feel the bite of my axe." He turned to face Ian;

"I will gladly give you lessons in accuracy when using a bow."

Zman
2013-02-25, 10:46 PM
Ian

Looking at Tryst, "Not all of us can be as skilled with a bow to be useful."

Archwizard
2013-02-25, 11:21 PM
Gorsomm

"Let's not argue," Gorsomm says sharply, "After all, we have many monsters left to track down and we each contribute what we can." He looks sharply at Veltar, "There's also no place for false pride. We all need to work together, strengths and weaknesses."

Finishing storing the heads, "Let's take stock of what our condition is, and what we know about our quarry. I agree that staying here is just inviting those goblins to come back with friends and attack. We can either move on to avoid that and try to get the drop on them, or we can set up an ambush here. I am ready to continue, how is everyone else feeling?"

By Helm, I'll bring a little order to this motley crew.

Yas392
2013-02-25, 11:41 PM
Tryst

Tryst's expression softens.

"My apologies for such hurtful comments. It had been a long day."

Carrying his backpack, he waits for either approvals or denials from the others. He seconds that he's well to move on.

"I have no objection of proceeding further."

daungli
2013-02-25, 11:56 PM
Veltar

With a grunt the stout dwarf hefted his pack. "I am prepared to continue on, the question is, shall we follow in pursuit? knowing that an ambush could be ahead? strike out in another direction? The goblins should be to the northeast of us though."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-26, 07:05 AM
Karnack

All of them talking back and forth like this starts to give Karnack a headache so he tromps off to collect those heads. As he makes his way back grinning like a child he notices they are by all that pleased with him. Even tho most of the words fly well over his head he understands the jist, once again his battle plan failed to coincide with the groups.
"I wasn't trying to make little goblins run.. he pauses and chuckles but that was funny. No I scare them so they may be easier for you to hit." again he pauses and looks over the group. "I see lot's of little flimsy flying sticks but only see a few hit, so I try making goblins easier to hit."
He then drops the heads and starts to walk in the direction of the camp to see f they left behind any food and you can just barely make out him mumbling "Run little goblins.. Hehehe"

Zman
2013-02-26, 08:29 AM
Ian

Ian walks over, reaching tip he slaps Karnak on the back, "It was funny, and four is not bad."

Moving back towards the rest of the group, "Are we prepared to handle Worg riders? They are dangerous beasts, without mentioning their riders."

daungli
2013-02-26, 08:50 AM
Veltar

"We are not unskilled ourselves, and. If things go badly, we do have the half Orc, we could just let him scare them again."

Veltar grins, as annoyed as he was that the goblins got away, he has to admit that in retrospect it was funny.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-26, 10:38 AM
Karnack

"Two warg maybe ok, Three warg I hope you shoot flimsy flying sticks better, Four warg? I no win race but as long as I no last place...." and again the Half Orc laughs hard.

Zman
2013-02-26, 09:22 PM
Ian

Smiling with his sharp smirk, "Long Orcish legs, good for running!" Ian smacks his chest, "Good for stomping!". Again, "Tastes good too!" here Ian breaks the impression, "Just ask that Wolverine Gorsomm had to gut for you.". Ian's disposition is one of friendly banter.

Zman
2013-02-26, 09:27 PM
Veltar takes his time examining the area, looking carefully at the tracks in the area. He is quite certain that there are no more than six or seven Worgs with a rider for each. Their most traveled paths are south and west, along the treck we followed in as well as a more recent path west from the camp. The left light, and their return may be layden with good and plunder if successful.

daungli
2013-02-26, 09:28 PM
Veltar

Veltar Knelt down, this time studying the tracks intently, hoping to determine the kind of threat they were about to face.
taking 20 for a 26

He looked up at the large hills that were around the cave.
"Could we get up on those? Hide in the rocks, fire down from above. It'd slow the Wargs, remove most of the cover that was making it so difficult for us."

Yas392
2013-02-26, 09:43 PM
Tryst

"Remember friends, our quest is to secure twelve goblin heads which we have four, three worg heads and a set of Ogre teeth."

Tryst reiterating from his handy but funny book with childish squiggles and the picture of a cute looking unicorn on the cover which he glad to have recorded the details into before they set off for the hunt.

Quest for Licensure

The goblin war has been freed from duress. Under such circumstances, all are safe in the land of Cormyr. Despite that, there are still other factors to consider such as banditry in Thunder Way and dangers that lurks in several areas.

The representative of Regent Alusair Obarskyr, Hurm Thiodor, clerk of Thunderstone grants adventurer licensure for the first group to have gotten the following items:

Goblin heads 4/12
Worg heads 0/3
A set of ogre teeth 0/1

daungli
2013-02-26, 10:33 PM
Veltar

"yes, but being alive is an unmentioned prerequisite to those conditions. And having more goblin heads is always a good thing, plus there are about twice as many Wargs as heads we need. Also, your lot in that town have the weirdest names."

Veltar looked at the group.

"Are we agreed then that we move up above into the rocks and hit them as they come in."

Archwizard
2013-02-26, 10:42 PM
Gorsomm

"Absolutely. Karnack and I should be ready to move to flank anyone that gets close while the others continue to shoot at those that are far away. Tryst, do you have training in healing beyond your magic? If yes, you should see what you can do for Karnack while we wait."

With that, Gorsomm goes up to rocks to scout out where he wants to set up.

Yas392
2013-02-26, 11:09 PM
Tryst

"It is unfortunate that I yet again had no usefulness besides healing and a weak enchantment spell that last for a meager of time at this point."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-26, 11:13 PM
Karnack

Karnack was hesitant as the silver tongued one joked with him but his amusement seemed more playful than at Karnack's expense. Maybe this one not so bad...
The Half Orc looks down at himself and then back to Gorsomm. "Goresum, You want me hide? Me? Hide?" He looks at himself and the surrounding area and then back at the party. "Anybody got a giant tree for me to hide behind?"

Zman
2013-02-26, 11:18 PM
Ian

Walking over to Tryst, "Your healing has been valuable, without it neither of our companions would be up for a fight. You've sealed their wounds and refreshed their spirit. That is no little task and one well beyond any here.". Ian's tone seems genuinely pure, his demeanor light as if he truly believes what he is saying.

Archwizard
2013-02-26, 11:19 PM
Gorsomm

"Giant tree? No. Giant rocks? Yes." With that, Gorsomm points at the rock formation.

Specifically the BE 9-13 set

"We can hide to the east of those."

Gorsomm nods at Ian's words, "Precisely. As I said before, we all have our strengths. There is no shame in healing being a strength, without healing for wounds even the stoutest warrior won't last long."

daungli
2013-02-26, 11:23 PM
Veltar

shaking his head at the Orcs's bewilderment he began making his way up the rocks, aligning himself so that he had cover but was also in a commanding position. moving to BF13 taking ten on my climb and balance to be up there for now since we have time.

The dwarf made himslef comfortable and lay his axe against the stone next to himself so that it was handy if things went sour, and began restinging his bow, determined to make the thing work correctly for him this time around.

Orc, the rocks around here are large enough, you need to crouch down though. the goblins and wargs went to the west, so they whould be coming back from that direction, or from the south."

Yas392
2013-02-26, 11:49 PM
Tryst

Tryst nods at both Ian's and Gorsomm's encouraging words. Likewise, he ascends the hills and positions himself near Veltar. There, he brightens as if some kind of revelation had come forth. Ah, I wonder? Intensive eyes studies the rock formation, hoping to see whether if there's areas that makes it budge easily when force is applied or if there's anything that could incur a chain reaction causing an avalanche to soften their adversaries if they come too close. It may a tactic that could be used to break up or create disorder in their formation.

Tryst will move to the cover beside Veltar which is BF12

Knowledge (Nature) (Rocks) - [roll0]

Zman
2013-02-26, 11:54 PM
Tryst sees no way of moving the rocks or causing an avalanche.

Ian positions himself close to the bottom of the rocks, making sure Gorsomm, Veltar, and the injured Karnak will be able to reach Melee ahead of him.

Yas392
2013-02-27, 12:43 AM
Tryst

Tryst imagined if it's successful, it can shift the favor to their side but dismisses the thought of it. Too big to be movable and even if they can be, we need the heads unspoiled.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-27, 06:22 AM
Karnack

As the Half Orc slowly moves towards the rocks he thinks about his experience fighting alongside these people. It not so bad, treat each other good. Not like Brand. I hope I kill more goblins for them or Warg. I thank you Tempus for sending me to these people. As he finishes his thought he finds himself in the position Gorsom had indicated.
"What's the plan boss?"

daungli
2013-02-27, 06:04 PM
Veltar

"We wait for the wargs, then ambush them in their own home, cut their legs off, take their heads and get paid.
Ian, you dont strike me as the sort that sells their sword, whats your reason for coming out into these hills?"

Zman
2013-02-27, 08:13 PM
The group takes its time setting up above the Goblin's camp and wait for the Worg riders to approach.

Tryst and Ian are the first to spot them, two Worg riders coming in fast from the SouthWest. Luckily they are moving quickly and not expecting an ambush.

Listen
Ian[roll0]
Gorsomm[roll1]
Veltar[roll2]
Tryst[roll3]
Karnak[roll4]

Spot
Ian[roll5]
Gorsomm[roll6]
Veltar[roll7]
Tryst[roll8]
Karnak[roll9]

Hide
Ian[roll10]
Gorsomm[roll11]
Veltar[roll12]
Tryst[roll13]
Karnak[roll14]

There is no reason we would not take at least 10 or 20 to hide.

Zman
2013-02-27, 11:03 PM
The group dcides whether to spring their trap....

All get Preinitiative action, then Initiative Blocks

Initiative Blocks
Ian, Gorsom
Veltar, Tryst, Karnak
Worgs and Goblins.

Initiative
Ian[roll0]
Gorsomm[roll1]
Veltar[roll2]
Tryst[roll3]
Karnak[roll4]

Worgs and Goblins[roll5]

Zman
2013-02-27, 11:21 PM
Ian

As soon as he spots the Worgs, Ian quickly signals to he rest of the party that there adversary is there...

Two...away from the rest...unfortunate for them...

Archwizard
2013-02-28, 12:05 AM
Gorsomm

Seeing the worgs that Ian points out, Gorsomm quickly assesses the situation and turns to his companions. Speaking softly he says, "Target the worgs, they are probably more dangerous. Everyone that can, shoot the first one. Karnack, stay up here to control the high ground, when they approach I'll jump down to flank. Everyone else, be aware of flanking possibilities, I hope it stays only two of them."

With that, Gorsomm lets loose an arrow.

Target W1, 125' away.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Yas392
2013-02-28, 05:16 AM
Tryst

At his signal to his arrow going towards the indicated target, Tryst send his projectile sailing after Gorsomms.

Very unfortunate, indeed.

To-Hit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll2]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-28, 07:16 AM
Karnack

Goresum said Stay... Grrr. Tack ticks hard... The half Orc seems almost to tremble with desire to rush at the oncoming wolves. While still aware of the danger he and his compatriots are in, he can't help but feel the rush of adrenaline and blood course through his veins. Holding himself here takes every modicum of control he has. And somewhere deep inside Karnack is aware that when he finally does give in and join the fray he will have held back too much for too long and EVERYTHING will be loosed. This going to be Fun!
As I can't do anything at range I'm just gonna pump up Karnack and push the little red rage button when those warts get close enough.

Zman
2013-02-28, 09:07 AM
Ian

With smile and a bit of Luck, "Like this." Ian launches an arrow... It sails high but manages to pierce straight through a foreleg on the closes Worg, blood begins to seep from the wound...

Attack[roll0]Damned Range Increments
Damage[roll1]
Critical[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-28, 09:11 AM
The Worg is able to shake of the wound with ease...

Fort Save DC8[roll0]
[roll1]Rounds

daungli
2013-02-28, 09:27 AM
Veltar

Not to be outdone by his fellows, veltar aims carefully over the rocks and sights in on the leading warg, though he is clearly unaccustomed to bracing his bow against the rocks and it throws his shot into the air. not sure if my goblin bonuses here, so include them if they are needed.
To hit; [roll0] really?:smallfrown:
crit confirm [roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-28, 09:49 AM
Veltar's arrows misses its mark, and our heroes continue their assault...

Now onto Initiative, and Ian and Gorsomm are up again.

Archwizard
2013-02-28, 10:11 AM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm grunts, "Nice shot Ian, now if the rest of us could settle down and do the same...."

Gorsomm nocks another arrow and aims at the lead worg, trying to do some damage before it gets too close.

Shooting W1 again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-28, 12:38 PM
Ian

Swapping his bow for his scimitar he prepares himself for melee by crossing his arms and uttering an incantation in Draconic...

Cast Shield, takes 1 VP.

Tryst, Veltar, and Karnak are up.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-28, 01:11 PM
Karnack

Knowing full well there's nothing he can do until the wargs get closer, Karnack uses his time to hold back the rage a little longer and to possibly drive the worgs towards himself. He raises his axe up high and let's out a primal scream. He then takes his Axe and beats it against his chest. "My shirt is made from the skins of your mothers!"*

*Translated from Orcish.

Holding my action until after the wargs act.

Yas392
2013-02-28, 04:42 PM
Tryst

Why do I get the feeling that something is not right? No matter what as he prepares his bow, a tinge of hesitance shows up on his face. But we can't assume so much until there's proof.

On sight, the barrage by his companions pelting the worg only succeeded in accumulating dumbfoundness in the beast who is still not comprehending the location of the assault yet. Retching his bow and loosing, the arrow is sent flying to the designated, eliciting a growl beneath.

To-hit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll2]

Shooting at W1.

Archwizard
2013-02-28, 04:56 PM
Gorsomm

"Nice shot Tryst! You and Veltar be sure to keep an eye out behind us as well, we don't want to get surrounded."

Yas392
2013-02-28, 05:11 PM
Tryst

It does not need to be said. His hand is firm on the craggy surface, his mind, sharp.

"That's what we all are afraid of. I had this feeling a while ago. What if we have set an ambush only to be ambushed after? A quite disconcerting contingency made reality if come true"

Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]

daungli
2013-02-28, 06:01 PM
Veltar

The now familiar sound of dwarf cursing greets you, alerting you to Veltars next attempt at shooting. The cursing is cut off with a strangled shout of almost surprise, as the arrow goes speeding onwards and hits the Warg.
[roll0] to hit, should be a minus 2 right now, not a 4. At closest Warg.
[roll1] crit
[roll2] damage

Taking the advice of tryst Veltar keeps his senses open regarding his surroundings.
[roll3] spot
[roll4] listen

Zman
2013-02-28, 07:32 PM
Worg Riders

Having been wounded the lead Worg spins his mount and attempts to push the lame beast away from the ambush...

Neither Tryst nor Veltar sense anything amiss.

Worg Rider Retreat

Archwizard
2013-02-28, 07:45 PM
Gorsomm

"Damn. They're trying to get away, cowardly goblins. We need to try and stop them."

Gorsomm shoots another arrow....

It's 195' to W1 from here (calculated as the hypotenuse of the BF12[me]-Y12-Y31[W1] triangle) . If I can shoot from where I am standing I will do so. If I have to climb up onto the rock, I'll do that too.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll=Climb Check (If Needed)]1d20

Zman
2013-02-28, 07:52 PM
Ian

Seeing the two Worg Riders retreat, "It'd be best if we weren't here when they return..."

As he speaks he readies his bow and looses one more arrow, having little chance of success at such a range... his arrow isn't even close to its mark...

Attack[roll0]
Critical[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-28, 07:59 PM
Karnack

The half Orc looks over to Ian, "Remember what Karnak say about not being last place! Time to find out." And with that he looks at the others, looks at the direction the wargs are heading, points in the opposite direction and starts to run....

Zman
2013-02-28, 08:03 PM
Ian

As Karnak makes his announcement and starts to run, Ian kicks his feet together toppling the huge man, "I've always enjoyed a bit of sport and fair competetition!" as Ian jumps out ahead of Karnak, seemingly enjoying himself immensely.

"And I worried today would be dull."

Obviously RP effect.

Yas392
2013-02-28, 08:12 PM
Tryst

I swear one day that foolish orc really NEEDS to go down until he can listen to reason if he keeps on going into these suicidal runs.

Sighing, he fires off one last arrow, trying to kill off the one they marked and wounded, knowing that the worg rider will elude it before following that huge son of a beast.

To-Hit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll2]

daungli
2013-02-28, 08:26 PM
Veltar

The dwarf stood on his section of the rocks, watching the Warg rider run away. shouting below him drew his attention to his companions.

I've never seen a barbarian orc run away from goblins.

"Are we retreating now? Tryst, this wasn't part of our plan! I can't run as fast as the lot of you anyway!"

Blade Conduit
2013-02-28, 08:33 PM
Karnack

Upon hearing the dwarf, lament on his speed, Karnack turns an yells to him. "You want me to carry you?" he then chuckles loudly. "Plan went bad, not ambush. Now chase starts soon. Where we go?"

Zman
2013-02-28, 09:09 PM
Ian

Turning to this companions, "I've wounded one, hopefully it'll slow their return down, maybe give a couple of hours if we are lucky...or they are already close and soon to be chasing us. Either way, I don't see staying here as truly beneficial."

daungli
2013-02-28, 09:12 PM
Veltar

"I have another issue that needs to be raised, they are faster than we are correct? if we just fall back into the hills, wont they be able to overtake us? shouldn't we focus on a defensible location?"

Veltar made his was slowly down from the rocks, to stand with his companions.

Yas392
2013-02-28, 10:03 PM
Tryst

Looking back to Veltar, he unstraps his quaterstaff, drawing crudely on the ground of the layout there are in, adding several Xs onto it.

"If we are searching for a defensible location, then, how about laying some traps this time around it? Wouldn't that be convenient to us? Their forces may be overwhelming. But while they are immobilized or hindered at our doorstep, we have more chances, wouldn't you agree?"

daungli
2013-02-28, 10:14 PM
Veltar

The dwarf considers the outline as it is drawn, and the terrain around them.

"I think that would work."

he looked around at the goblin camp, wondering aloud; "could we booby trap this as well? theyre bound to stick their heads in here."

daungli
2013-03-01, 05:53 PM
veltar

Veltar looks down at his stubby legs and then back at the men in the party. He tugs on his beard, clearly unhappy with the situation.

"Lets just get going, I'm the slowest, I'll act as a rear guard, and if it comes down to it I have no problem holding them off."

He grins and runs his thumb over the blade of his axe.

"maybe I'll even take a few with me eh? Lets get moving. "

Blade Conduit
2013-03-01, 06:18 PM
Karnack

"I can still carry you! I can run like wind while holding you! the thought of which makes Karnack roar with laughter. "Maybe we go to town, trade in heads and buy axes for you guys instead of flimsy flying sticks"

daungli
2013-03-01, 06:39 PM
Veltar

"Dwarves are not carried."

Veltar glares back at the Half Orc.

"We need to move if we are going to, they can not be that far off."

Yas392
2013-03-01, 08:03 PM
Tryst

"Veltar, if I were Gorsomm, I would tell you both to settle your dispute right now and let that orc carry you. You can still play rear guard that way, watching his back. And we will there "faster" that way."

Holding his quarterstaff, he faces the destination, beginning to saunter to their next destination.

"Lead the way, Veltar"

daungli
2013-03-01, 08:44 PM
Veltar

Veltar casts about the camp, returning with a handful of Smellless flowers adn does what he can with them to mask everyones scent.

"That should do it, lets get going." He mutters to himself.

"Alright Orc, lets try and keep this dignified."

Blade Conduit
2013-03-01, 09:17 PM
Karnack

The Half Orc pauses, taken aback. At first he doesn't know quite what to think. Then he laughs full and hard for a quick second, then becomes aware of the uncomfortable look he's getting from the dwarf. "Sorry my friend, I no laugh at you. I laugh at the world and what it brings you. You can ride on my back, may be better than being carried?" he walks over to the dwarf and gives him a noble nod, turns around and bends low to the ground allowing the dwarf to climb aboard.

Zman
2013-03-01, 09:24 PM
The party, led by Veltar attempts to evade the Worgs. Their scent partially masked by the Smellless Flowers, the group makes its best speed through the infested hills, avoiding dangers along the way. As dusk begins to fall on the hills the party catches sight of the road, NorthEast of Thunderstone. It's unlikely the Worgs would chase this far into civilization.

Along the road a wagon can be seen, it's horses torn and bloody on the ground. It's northeast and would take the party further from Thunderstone...

daungli
2013-03-01, 09:42 PM
Veltar

From his vantage point on the Orc's back veltar spies the ruined wagon and dead horses. He alerts the group to its presence.

"there insn't anything for us in Thunderstone, I vote we go take a look at the wagon, find out what happened? what do you think Ian, Tryst?"

Blade Conduit
2013-03-01, 09:49 PM
Karnack

"What happen here? This bad." The Half Orc, who understood completely the violence of the world, could never quite understand why someone would hurt such harmless animals like horses. "WHO DID THIS?"

Zman
2013-03-01, 10:03 PM
Ian

Responding to Veltar, "Naturally."

Ian has his scimitar at the ready, readying himself against any unforeseen surprises.

Yas392
2013-03-01, 10:47 PM
Tryst

"Didn't the clerk said that bandits would be seen here doing misdeeds?"

Luckily, Tryst had been paying attention and he relays his thoughts to the party as he is presented with a gruesome scene of an animal slaughter.

daungli
2013-03-01, 10:51 PM
Veltar

The dwarf ranger surveyed the wreckage looking for clues, trying to determine how long ago this had happened.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Yas392
2013-03-01, 10:57 PM
Tryst

Tryst sees Veltar struggling so he lends a helping hand while keeping his ears peeled for danger.

Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]
Search - [roll2]

Archwizard
2013-03-02, 01:02 AM
Gorsomm

Gorsomm wields his axes as he walks over to wagon. He does a superficial survey as the others search more thoroughly, alert for any trouble.

"Veltar, any signs of what did this, where they came from, where they went?"

daungli
2013-03-02, 03:06 AM
Veltar

The stout dwarf huffed, poking around a little absentmindedly. Still not entirely over his impromptu ride on karnack.

"No, this looks to be a right mess to me. Tryst, do you have any better idea?

Blade Conduit
2013-03-02, 11:42 AM
Karnack

Karnack looks at the carnage in front of him. He breathes in deep and once again fights to keep the rage at bay. He raises his head to the sky and takes in all the smells around him. Attempting to memorize the scents and sights of this scene to later use to fuel his fury when he comes across those responsible.
"I run NO MORE!"

Zman
2013-03-02, 12:47 PM
Approaching the Wagon

As the group approaches th Wagon, Tryst first notices the mauling that the Horses took, still attached to their harnesses.

As the move even nearer, cautious, Teyst again is alert, hearing a soft moan from inside the ruined carriage....

Yas392
2013-03-02, 03:20 PM
Tryst

"Someone's alive in there..I can hear a voice coming from inside that carriage."

Tryst begins working on the wreckage, attempting to lift the door up off the carriage. But his hands are not suited for the task ahead.

"Karnack, can you help me pull this door out?"

Archwizard
2013-03-02, 03:25 PM
Gorsomm

"Here, let me help. I'm sure whoever is in there doesn't need a 7' half-orc to be the first thing they see after whatever happened here."

With that, Gorsomm goes over to give Tryst hand.

Yas392
2013-03-02, 03:33 PM
Tryst

"Hehe, my apologies for not thinking properly in the face of emergency."

Tryst rubs the back of his head, embarrasingly.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-02, 04:24 PM
Karnack

"Whatchu mean? Who no want to see me?" Karnack, unsure of what his two companions are discussing, moves closer to the wreckage. "What you guys doing?" Looking utterly bewildered Karnack turns to face the road tryin to see if anyone is near.

Archwizard
2013-03-02, 04:41 PM
Gorsomm

"These people were obviously attacked Karnack. They are probably frightened, and we don't know who or what attacked them. You are large and imposing looking, and might scare them, just like you scared those goblins. We don't want them scared."

Zman
2013-03-02, 04:55 PM
Wagon

As Tryst and Gorsomm sift through the reckage, they find a young woman, maybe twelve or thirteen seasons old hiding in the debris. There are two dead guards and a dead middle aged man, presumably her father. The remains of the Wagon indicates that this man is a merchant and he and his guards were killed, their load plundered.

She is huddled in the fetal position deep within the wagon, well hidden among the debris and too afraid to look...