PDA

View Full Version : Poison+Maneuvers+Death Attack Question

Velikolepni
2013-02-19, 05:25 AM
Lets assume that a swordsage/assassin has studied a potential victim for three rounds and makes a death attack from a hidden position with a poisoned weapon and combining the whole thing with the Shadow Hand maneuver Bloodletting Strike. Let's further assume that the poison deals Constitution damage. I have two questions

Is combining death attack with maneuvers possible? I would say yes, since it is just a modified sneack attack and sneak attacks can be combined with maneuvers.
Which gets applied first? Optimally, i would like for the poison to apply first, potentially lowering the constitution score, followed by the maneuver which would also damage the constitution, followed by the Death attack.

What do you think?

Ranos
2013-02-19, 06:03 AM
-Bloodletting strike is a melee attack and can be combined with Death Attack.
-Effects apply in the order most beneficial to their user, as defined in the FAQ.

Kyberwulf
2013-02-19, 12:34 PM
Death Attack check goes first. Since if the target makes the save it just gets turned into a normal Sneak Attack. Then the Sneak Attack goes, then the poison. Since the Attack has to deal damage before the Poison can do it's damage. (Assuming its an injury poison, and not a contact.)