PDA

View Full Version : Help

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-19, 09:18 AM
Is there a feat like Pathfinder's Arcane Talent for D&D 3.x?

I need a feat to give me a 0 lvl spell as a spell-like ability. I thought i remembered one being out there but I can't for the life of me remember what or where it is. It has to be able to let me choose the 0 lvl spell because I have a specific one in mind. So the feats like communicator, Insightful, necropolis born, night haunt, soul of the north, and spell hand from the complete arcane won't work for what I need because they give you a specific list of low lvl spell like abilities.

I just need a feat to give me my choice of 0 lvl spell as a spell like ability. The times per day don't even matter.

Thanks, I hope i was remembering right and something like that does exist.

Deox
2013-02-19, 09:58 AM
I believe Innate Spell (Player's Guide to Faerun) may be what you're looking for. The only thing with this feat is that it must be a spell you already know, iirc.

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-19, 10:04 AM
I believe Innate Spell (Player's Guide to Faerun) may be what you're looking for. The only thing with this feat is that it must be a spell you already know, iirc.

Yeh, that won't work. I need to get launch item (0 lvl spell) at least 1 times per day as a spell or spell like ability. It needs to come from a feat preferably because the classes in the build don't cast spells. But if you know a prestige class that gives "+1 spellcasting" and also gives free 0 lvl spells I might consider switching the current class lvls around to make room for it.

gorfnab
2013-02-19, 12:51 PM
Magical Training (PGtF)

ahenobarbi
2013-02-19, 12:57 PM
In Complete Arcane there are a few feats that give you some SLAs but none of them gives Launch Item.

Magical Training from Players Guide to Faerun lets you cast 3 0-level spells as sorcerer or wizard. You could Take then Still Spell, Silent Spell (pre requisites) and Innate Spell (PGtF) to get one of those spells as 3/day SLA...

Or take also Quicken Spell and Innate Spell (version from Complete Arcane) and get it as 1/round SLA.

EDIT: Dragon Devotee (Races of the Dragon) will give you casting as Sorcer 2.

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-19, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the help. I was actually coming to say I found it. And people had already answered me :smallbiggrin:.

Magical training was what I was looking for thanks.