PDA

View Full Version : Made my version of superman in a campaign.

gooddragon1
2013-02-19, 01:50 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

SilverLeaf167
2013-02-19, 03:02 PM
I'm... I'm going to assume this is for a very silly campaign, since that's what changes this from an extremely annoying derail attempt to a legitimately humorous concept.

So, what level is the character anyway? If you're ignoring racial HD, your ECL should be 3 (unless you made a typo), yet you have very expensive gear, a big bunch of maneuvers and lots of feats.

gooddragon1
2013-02-19, 04:29 PM
I'm... I'm going to assume this is for a very silly campaign, since that's what changes this from an extremely annoying derail attempt to a legitimately humorous concept.

So, what level is the character anyway? If you're ignoring racial HD, your ECL should be 3 (unless you made a typo), yet you have very expensive gear, a big bunch of maneuvers and lots of feats.

Note that I mention that as plans and my actual listed equipment is above that. He is level 1 and ECL is 3. It's for a serious campaign but I like to be silly when making characters. What do you mean by derail though?

SilverLeaf167
2013-02-19, 05:07 PM
Note that I mention that as plans and my actual listed equipment is above that. He is level 1 and ECL is 3. It's for a serious campaign but I like to be silly when making characters. What do you mean by derail though?
Well, if the campaign is supposed to be serious, having a character not only inspired by Superman, but explicitly and obviously meant to represent him, with you joking about it all the time can, and will definitely ruin the mood. Having such horrible feat choices will make him look even more like a joke character and it will seem like you built the character specifically just to mess with the rest of the party.

Of course, all that only applies if your party minds this sort of thing.

"Derail" was sort of a bad choice of words...

gooddragon1
2013-02-19, 05:37 PM
Well, if the campaign is supposed to be serious, having a character not only inspired by Superman, but explicitly and obviously meant to represent him, with you joking about it all the time can, and will definitely ruin the mood. Having such horrible feat choices will make him look even more like a joke character and it will seem like you built the character specifically just to mess with the rest of the party.

Of course, all that only applies if your party minds this sort of thing.

"Derail" was sort of a bad choice of words...

We frequently make jokes in games and it's more like a club on campus than a set group of players. An example is a person who named his character "heavy weapons guy". So, it's more of a having fun thing but it is a serious campaign overall.

SilverLeaf167
2013-02-19, 05:38 PM
We frequently make jokes in games and it's more like a club on campus than a set group of players. An example is a person who named his character "heavy weapons guy". So, it's more of a having fun thing but it is a serious campaign overall.
Ok, no problem with that then I guess :smallbiggrin:

Lupus753
2013-02-19, 05:42 PM
Is there a way to make it weak against magic? Then, you'd have the real Superman experience!

I guess regular resistance to magic could work, as Supe's weakness varies from writer to writer.

gooddragon1
2013-02-19, 06:16 PM
Is there a way to make it weak against magic? Then, you'd have the real Superman experience!

I guess regular resistance to magic could work, as Supe's weakness varies from writer to writer.

He's got no spell resistance so I assumed that would work. Because in the goku vs superman deathbattle it said he has no particular resistance to magic (not necessarily a vulnerability).

Also, pistols in this game (there's a steampunk component) deal 2d4 damage so he can withstand gunfire :D.

DMVerdandi
2013-02-19, 08:51 PM
I would make him a Paragon Aasimar Ardent instead if your going for that... OOMPH. Probably would gestalt it for more mechanical accuracy.

Devonix
2013-02-24, 10:19 AM
You need to find a way to boost the Int. You can't have a Superman character with Int as a dump stat.

What makes him interesting is the relationship between his strength of mind and strength of body. I understand that you can't have everything maxed out for obvious reasons, but there is a reason Luthor considers him one of his few intellectual equals.

Jack_Simth
2013-02-24, 01:40 PM
I would make him a Paragon Aasimar Ardent instead if your going for that... OOMPH. Probably would gestalt it for more mechanical accuracy.
Myself I always figured on Superman being a high-level Elan Psion (possibly Erudite), with some form of sun-based power point recharge mechanism and his equipment fluffed into racial abilities, and a form of Persistent Spell to use with his powers. Kryptonite, then (depending on quality) becomes a material with an anti-aberration aura and an antipsionics field (or a local range dispel Psionics effect).

gooddragon1
2013-02-24, 09:45 PM
Looks like I'm gonna go with a "red sun"/"unlocking potential" justification.