PDA

View Full Version : Infinite crafting exp

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-19, 02:13 PM
I think i might of found a new fun tricks for Truenamers.

The third level lexicon of the crafted tool "Rebuild Item" is available for an 11th lvl truenamer.

This means that a artificer with a truenamer in the party can use retain essence to destroy an item and gain some crafting exp. Then the truenamer can put the item back together again. Rinse repeat.

Alternatively, the artificer could do this with a truename cohort at lvl 13.

Or you could try to hire an NPC truenamer to cast it for you using the hired spellcaster rules.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-19, 02:16 PM
Off hand, the only problem I can see with this trick is you need 11 levels of Truenamer.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-19, 02:18 PM
Which, If you pull a Dark Chaos Shuffle, And some Shenigains, You can get, But It still hurts.
Take leadership.

hydraa
2013-02-19, 02:23 PM
Though it says you unmake its destruction. So I would think the retained essence by the Artificer would no longer be retained

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-19, 02:56 PM
found another one. hehe this one is dirty.

a psionic character with the Call weaponry power and the extend power and persistant power feats can call a weapon from somewhere randomly in the world and keep it for a day. The more power points they spend the more magical enhancements the weapon has.

1 day is exactly the time needed for the artificer to unmake the weapon and steal its exp.

Hell, you could write an adventure around that. "Magical weapons are randomly disappearing from around the world, only to return a day later destroyed and sapped of their magic! Help us adventurers!"

Ksheep
2013-02-19, 03:00 PM
found another one. hehe this one is dirty.

a psionic character with the Call weaponry power and the extend power and persistant power feats can call a weapon from somewhere randomly in the world and keep it for a day. The more power points they spend the more magical enhancements the weapon has.

1 day is exactly the time needed for the artificer to unmake the weapon and steal its exp.

Hell, you could write an adventure around that. "Magical weapons are randomly disappearing from around the world, only to return a day later destroyed and sapped of their magic! Help us adventurers!"

Really tempted to use this now…

Snowbluff
2013-02-19, 03:25 PM
IIRC, Incarnate Weapons are indestructible, so we can't use those to get free exp.:smallfrown:

It would only cost a feat or two...

Erik Vale
2013-02-19, 03:37 PM
I thought unlimited crafting XP was a thought bottle.

Snowbluff
2013-02-19, 03:51 PM

Yeah, but you have to pay XP and/or gold to make/buy and use it initially. :smalltongue:

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-19, 03:57 PM

Not quite.

A thought bottle is worth a number of XP expressed as the formula

(2X -1) * (X * 1000)-Y; Y<500

wherein X is equal to the level you're just about to reach and Y is the amount of XP between your current and next level.

It takes shenannigans beyond simply owning a thought bottle to get more than that out of one.

Alienist
2013-02-20, 12:45 AM
Or you could just pathfinder

Snowbluff
2013-02-20, 12:59 AM
Interesting. I get what the equation means, but I'd like to know how you came up with it.

Or you could just pathfinder

Hey. :smallannoyed: