PDA

View Full Version : Help my Diploficier

SowZ
2013-02-19, 04:14 PM
The challenge- at level five, make an artificer with the highest diplomacy possible. I have been trying to build one, and I am sure there are a few more points I can squeeze in.

Here is what I've got.

Venerable Magic-Blooded Unseelie Fey Half-Elf. With infusions, I can boost my Charisma by four. I also bring it up by one at level four. That is a Charisma of 30 starting at 18. I can get a +4 circumstance bonus with an infusion. I can imbue heroism into an item for +2.

Feats- Sacred Vow, Negotiator, Skill Focus (Diplomacy,) Item Familiar, Extraordinary Artisan, (bonus feat.)

Traits- Polite, Illiterate (Choose Diplomacy)
Flaws- Murkey Eyed, Non-combatant

Skill Points- 5 Knowledge Nobility, 5 Bluff, 5 Sense Motive, 8 UMD, 8 Diplomacy, 24 Diplomacy Item Familiar, 2 Literacy.

Items- +10 Diplomacy Item, MW Diplomacy Item, Improvisation Ring CL 7 1/day, Divine Insight Ring CL 3 1/day

Total, I am getting +14 Luck, +13 Untyped, +10 Ability Score, +10 Competence, +8 Familiar, +8 Insight, +8 Ranks, +4 Circumstance, +2 Morale, +2 Perfection, +2 Racial. That's 81.

Without leaving Artificer, could I go higher?

Note- I spent all my starting gold and reserve already.

Vaz
2013-02-19, 04:18 PM
Lesser Aasimar or Spellscale for +2 Charisma racial. Take a flaw to get the additional feat.

SowZ
2013-02-19, 04:25 PM
Lesser Aasimar or Spellscale for +2 Charisma racial. Take a flaw to get the additional feat.

Yeah, I just ditched human.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 06:00 PM
I'm guessing Nymph's Kiss isn't jiving with Unseelie Fey? I also see Sacred Vow in there. I think Nymph's Kiss bonus applies to all Cha-based skills.... I guess the Sacred Vow and Nymph's Kiss give about the same benefit to Diplomacy, though. But more skill points is more skill points, particularly if you just dropped human.

Does the divine inspiration spell help? Can't remember if it's restricted to skills that can be used within a single round, and it is based on CL, so the benefit might not be so great.

Answerer
2013-02-19, 06:12 PM
Plus Sacred Vow involves, ya know, a vow, while Nymph's Kiss involves, ya know, kissing a nymph.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 06:14 PM
Plus Sacred Vow involves, ya know, a vow, while Nymph's Kiss involves, ya know, kissing a nymph.

I know which my concept of an unseelie fey half-elf would be going for.

But it's not my character. Overall, Nymph's Kiss has a stronger benefit.

elonin
2013-02-19, 07:49 PM
Masterwork bonus doesn't stack with enhancement.

SowZ
2013-02-19, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing Nymph's Kiss isn't jiving with Unseelie Fey? I also see Sacred Vow in there. I think Nymph's Kiss bonus applies to all Cha-based skills.... I guess the Sacred Vow and Nymph's Kiss give about the same benefit to Diplomacy, though. But more skill points is more skill points, particularly if you just dropped human.

Does the divine inspiration spell help? Can't remember if it's restricted to skills that can be used within a single round, and it is based on CL, so the benefit might not be so great.

Nymphs kiss is a circumstance bonus. I can get larger circumstance bonus than +2. Perfection bonus, however, I don't have a bigger one. Whats type of bonus is divine inspiration?

Masterwork bonus doesn't stack with enhancement.

Well, I don't have an enhancement bonus. Do you mean competence?

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 08:41 PM
From DMG, p21:

Circumstance: This is a bonus or penalty based on situational
factors, which may apply either to a check or the DC for that
check. Circumstance modifiers stack with each other, unless they
arise from essentially the same circumstance.

So, one circumstance is that you are loved by the fey, and have taken on some of their charismatic nature, or some such. It wasn't clear to me where your other circumstance bonus comes from, but unless it comes from unseelie fey template, then I would think the circumstance modifiers should stack.

You still lack a perfection bonus, but extra skill points is kind of big benefit in the long run, especially given the skill synergies that can feed into and off of Diplomacy.

It's really up to you.

SowZ
2013-02-19, 09:29 PM
From DMG, p21:

So, one circumstance is that you are loved by the fey, and have taken on some of their charismatic nature, or some such. It wasn't clear to me where your other circumstance bonus comes from, but unless it comes from unseelie fey template, then I would think the circumstance modifiers should stack.

You still lack a perfection bonus, but extra skill points is kind of big benefit in the long run, especially given the skill synergies that can feed into and off of Diplomacy.

It's really up to you.

Ooh, cool. Anyway, I could grab the feat and still be a half-elf? The other circumstance bonus comes from an artificer infusion. Why it is a circumstance bonus I don't know, but it is. How would I get a perfection bonus? And are there even profane and sacred Diplomacy bonus?

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 09:51 PM
Divine insight is the spell I was thinking of. It gives you a floating insight bonus to a single skill check = 5 + CL, max +15. It's only on the pally and cleric lists, but is low level and can be UMD'd. It lasts for 1hr/level or until you discharge it in making that single check.

Most sacred/profane things I can think of come from Devotion Feats, or maybe something from Divine Feats. Are any of them skill bonuses? Nothing is coming to mind.

Also, I will bet you money there is an affiliation you could join. I don't know if that is kosher for op stuff, since it heavily relies on the DM, but it's worth looking into. I bet the bonuses are typed, and not likely to be more than +2 for the rank you can qualify for. Just thought I'd mention it, though.

Champions of Valor is the main other book that has exalted material, off the top of my head. Maybe there is another source for perfection stuff in there.

Along the lines of Diplomacy, there are a couple other ways to improve the attitude of an NPC. I seem to remember some form of Perform usage, but maybe it was a class feature.

And, there was some kind of thing somewhere that made transmutation spells that added to ability scores count for +2 more, IIRC. Sorry that this isn't specific, but I'm sure it will come to me in time.

Jack_Simth
2013-02-19, 09:59 PM
Total, I am getting +14 Luck, +13 Untyped, +10 Ability Score, +10 Competence, +8 Familiar, +8 Insight, +8 Ranks, +4 Circumstance, +2 Morale, +2 Perfection, +2 Racial. That's 81.

Without leaving Artificer, could I go higher? You're already going Hostile to Friendly (DC 50) when making the check as a full-round action (-10 penalty on the check) on a roll of 1. Are you going for no-save Fanatical as a full-round action on a roll of 1 vs. a hostile target (requires a +159 modifier)?

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 10:11 PM
Can you get an aid another bonus from a homunculus or something? I guess you don't have a feat for a familiar, and I'm not even sure Diplomacy can be helped by the aid another action.

SowZ
2013-02-20, 01:01 AM
You're already going Hostile to Friendly (DC 50) when making the check as a full-round action (-10 penalty on the check) on a roll of 1. Are you going for no-save Fanatical as a full-round action on a roll of 1 vs. a hostile target (requires a +159 modifier)?

I'd like to go indifferent to fanatic as an FRA. I already have divine insight in the build, actually. Hmm, is there any way to get the benefits of any of these feats without actually having another feat?