PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Sources for ToB Maneuvers

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 06:35 PM
Hello All,

I am wondering if there were any sources for maneuvers outside the actual Tome of Battle? Anything official is fine, no homebrew ofc. Links are a big plus.

Douglas
2013-02-19, 06:38 PM
As far as I know, homebrew is it. WotC never published any Tome of Battle material other than the book itself. There's the maneuver cards (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a), but that's just a different way of presenting the exact same set of maneuvers.

vasharanpaladin
2013-02-19, 06:47 PM
No homebrew, no luck. Wootsie went on to 4e after this, if you want any Tome of Battle support outside of the book itself, you can only get it from homebrew.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 07:05 PM
Ah, too bad, I was hoping for an alternate way to get around some of the very silly pre-req for low-level maneuvers. Like a level 2 maneuver that requires one other ....

Oh, wait....hmmm.

So I have an IL of 11 and am gonna take swordsage in a couple levels. Can I qualify for a level 2 maneuver that requires one other maneuver with a level 3 maneuver that has no pre-req?

Snowbluff
2013-02-19, 07:27 PM
So I have an IL of 11 and am gonna take swordsage in a couple levels. Can I qualify for a level 2 maneuver that requires one other maneuver with a level 3 maneuver that has no pre-req?

Yes. It's weird like that. Some maneuvers have no prereqs. Which is weird.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 07:30 PM
The order I take them in really doesn't matter? Weird...

Not that I'm complaining. It's just...it feels weird. So flexible. And while I have the attention of people with superior knowledge, where do I find the part in ToB where it outlines the out-of-combat function of maneuvers?

Snowbluff
2013-02-19, 07:44 PM
The order I take them in really doesn't matter? Weird... It does normally. The mave that requires just the one could qualify for itself, if you trade it out per the maneuver replacement rules in each class description. Ask your DM.

Not that I'm complaining. It's just...it feels weird. So flexible. And while I have the attention of people with superior knowledge, where do I find the part in ToB where it outlines the out-of-combat function of maneuvers?This book is in need of editing. It came out in the end of WotC's 3.5 run, so not everything was fixed afterwards.

I don't think there is a section specifically. Out of Combat, you should be able to use them as often as you want if you take the time to recover them.

avr
2013-02-19, 10:53 PM
If you don't do anything your maneuvers refresh in 5 minutes, which is handy for those who acquire them via feats. As a swordsage you just spend a round recovering them.

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-19, 11:12 PM
If you don't do anything your maneuvers refresh in 5 minutes, which is handy for those who acquire them via feats. As a swordsage you just spend a round recovering them.

Does this mean that, out of combat, the swordsage can recover all maneuvers as a full round action? I thought it was one full round action per maneuver....

Tar Palantir
2013-02-20, 01:24 AM
Does this mean that, out of combat, the swordsage can recover all maneuvers as a full round action? I thought it was one full round action per maneuver....

It still functions as normal (though damn near every swordsage ever takes Adaptive Style to bypass their laughable default recovery mechanic and recovery everything as a full round anyway).

Rijan_Sai
2013-02-20, 01:33 AM
So, the recovery mechanics are a little weird...
For (I believe) all initiator classes, there are a couple of options:
<OUT OF COMBAT> 1) With five minutes to practice and focus (think of a martial artist going through a warm-up routine,) you can recover any spent maneuvers, as well as change out any readied. 2) With one minute out of encounter scenarios, you can assume all currently readied maneuvers are refreshed.
<IN COMBAT> 3) Okay, so this is where the "Unique Recovery Method" for each class comes into play. For the Swordsage, yes, you can as a full-round action, recover one spent maneuver.

so, given #3 up there, remember that the feat Adaptive Style is your "Bestest Best Friend in the Whole Wide World!" It allows you, for a full-round action, to recover and exchange all of your readied maneuvers at once! Great for Crusader and Warblade, vital for Swordsage!