PDA

View Full Version : Playing a Shifter Moonspeaker [3.5 FR]

Tokuhara
2013-02-19, 06:56 PM
I'm almost done with a PC that will work out well in my group.

Currently, I'm a:

Saurian (Razorclaw) Shifter Racial Avenging Wild Reaper (No wild empathy, slightly faster wildshape progression, more spontaneous spells, and death-themed abilities. Houseruled so I can keep the Beast Spirit) Druid heading to Moonspeaker.

Now, I am getting access to roughly 4 shifter traits (one from the feat, one from the Racial Beast Spirit, and one from Moonspeaker on top of the race.) and I'm acting in a caster/pinch melee with rage and shift nova-ing.

How can I further optimize this idea. I'm looking at 8 levels of Avenging Wild Reaper and going all 12 levels of Moonspeaker.

animewatcha
2013-02-20, 01:30 AM
Often overlooked thing about saurian shifters ( versus regular ones ) are that they get two shifter traits instead of one.

Tokuhara
2013-02-20, 11:00 AM
Often overlooked thing about saurian shifters ( versus regular ones ) are that they get two shifter traits instead of one.

What?! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2xDJPc-yaM)

I never even saw that! Thank you!

Tokuhara
2013-02-20, 12:37 PM
So quick update:

I am going with the following combo:

Saurian Shifter Traits: Razorclaw & Dreamspeaker (better druid-ness)

Extra Trait: Longtooth

Moonspeaker: Widetail

Now for the weirdest houserule:

The DM said that Saurian Shifters are based on Reptillian werebeasts, not dinosaurs. So what animal fits this mutant???

animewatcha
2013-02-21, 01:03 AM
Technically, lycanthropes that could take on dinosaur forms for the whole ancestor thing.

Also, unless I missed something, saurian shifters have to take the saurian shifter traits instead of normal shifter ones ( no dream speak or gorebrute ). I could be wrong. Exact wording is "In addition to a number of common shifter traits, several unique to saurian shifters are described in the following section". Strict reading of the shifter trait section afterward would have you be restricted to just those.

Also, the beast spirit trait thinger requires 18th level of druid class specificly.

Urpriest
2013-02-21, 01:07 AM
The DM said that Saurian Shifters are based on Reptillian werebeasts, not dinosaurs. So what animal fits this mutant???

Huh, weird. Your DM is aware that there are lot of dinosaurs in FR, right?

Anyway, with claws and druidyness, Iguana sounds like a decent choice. Some of the underdark-based lizards of FR might also be interesting.

Tokuhara
2013-02-21, 03:50 PM
Huh, weird. Your DM is aware that there are lot of dinosaurs in FR, right?

Anyway, with claws and druidyness, Iguana sounds like a decent choice. Some of the underdark-based lizards of FR might also be interesting.

He has issues with Dinosaur Druids (and note: We will be in the far north of FR, where there aren't dinosaurs)

And prior to posting this, I forgot that Beast Spirit advanced by Druid, not total character. So remove Gorebrute.

And by the way it is written, Saurian Shifters can be any of the Normal shifter traits with special ones available that are Saurian-Exclusive (Widetail, Junglerunner, Etc.)

And a Were-Lizard of some manner. I had originally thought a Monitor Lizard, seeing as how they have long claws, razor-edge teeth, and whip-like tails. Ya know, something like this (http://blog-animaux-compagnie.ctonblog.com/files/2010/07/dragon-de-Komodo.4.jpg).

Dusk Eclipse
2013-02-21, 03:53 PM
How are you refluffing the 13 moons aspect of Moonspeaker? honest question.

Tokuhara
2013-02-21, 04:00 PM
How are you refluffing the 13 moons aspect of Moonspeaker? honest question.

It's being themed around the goddess Selune and the moon.

Basically, my character is torn between Mielikki and Selune (Druidism vs. Lycanthrope heritage) and Moonspeaker (in his mind) allows him to follow both of his deities' wills.

I am not using a weapon (I have natural attacks for that) and will be acting as a Blaster/Battlefield Control/Summoner and as a pinch melee guy (Rage+Shifting). Yea, my damage isn't on par with the Half-Ogre Fighter or the Goliath Barbarian, but if I have to cover down, I can. It's not really my forte, but I can help out.