PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of the Realm (IC)

Rhyvurg
2013-02-19, 09:54 PM
Unwavering Jade Crusader, Spear of Discipline, and Silo have been called together in Claslat, along with hundreds of other Champions. The call had gone out weeks ago, every Alchemical Exalted that could be spared from their duties was summoned to a massive hall that had recently been built just outside the city. They see old friends, old rivals, and occasional enemies. But strangest of all is the small group of shimmering blue Exalts that have separated themselves from the throng, their armor and weapons crystalline, not metallic. No one seems to have any memory of them, but there is a vague sense of familiarity.

Among this group of Adamant Caste Exalted is Crimson Blossom Nova, ordered to avoid disguise for this event. This, she was told, would be the greatest blow to the Void they could ever strike, and the greatest boon to the Maker they could conjure. For this, the secrecy of the Operatives would be sacrificed for the greater good.

As the gathered Exalts start to mill about, curious and a touch impatient, a platform rises up in the center of the room, lifting a group of mortals high enough for everyone to see. "Welcome, Champions of the Maker! Today, we begin an operation to save our world. Thousands of years ago, when the Maker brought us into himself to save us from the chaos of Creation, he protected us with the Seal of Eight Divinities. This seal has prevented any contact between us and the world we came from. But the sickness of the Maker has progressed beyond our ability to heal, drastic action must be taken. The Ministers have agreed, unanimously, on this course of action. Our scouts have already made contact with other children of Autocthon, the Jadeborn, and we have learned much of this world. You will be divided into teams and sent out into this world. We cannot let the opinions and customs of the locals stand in our way. The Maker needs us, and we will fight for what we need if we must. We are told the gateway opens in the middle of a powerful, corrupt empire, ruled by Dragon Heroes. Make peace if you can, fight if you must, but never doubt your purpose. The life of a few cannot be measured against the survival of Autocthonia. I wish I had more to offer, but we cannot delay. The Jadeborn will help you once you arrive."

The speech continues are names are called off, assigning teams. Crusader, Spear, Silo, and one of the shimmering blue Exalts, Nova, have been assigned to work together, and they have a few moments before their turn to use the gateway comes.

================================================== ==

An impossible metaphysical distance away, Roklu, Magnus, Mnemon Xanek, and the Doctor all arrive in a cave inside Mount Meru. Xanek is here on family orders, warned of a threat to the Realm for him to face, and the glory that would be his should he be victorious, and that in this place, at this time, he would learn what that threat was. Magnus was here on the word of the Silver Pact, who had divined that this was the beginning of the path that would lead him back to Eyes-of-Autumn, whereever and whoever she might be now. The Doctor was here because he had been told by a Sideral agent that here would be born the greatest of all possibilities, a power that could shake the very Loom and change the course of Fate forever. Roklu was here for the simplest of reasons. The same Pact diviners that had directed Magnus here had spoken to him as well, that a people would appear in this place, people from a world of metal cities. Living cities. The largest living things ever created.

As this quartet stumbles upon each other here, inside Holy Meru, they come to a chamber lined with veins of the magical materials, even dark soulsteel, the floor punctured with spikes of blue crystal. Waiting here in this chamber is a Jadeborn, an Artisan, dressed in regal finery. Her hair is a shimmering blend of gold and diamond, her skin as pale as marble, her night-black gown bedecked in tiny gems. She seems shocked to see them, but she was here waiting for something. "Hello...I... Can I help you?" She seems especially nervous of Xanek.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-19, 10:49 PM
His unmoving face incapable of showing emotion, the massive Exalt takes in his surroundings, folding his arms across his chest to help hide his curiosity and give him a look of stoic indifference. Today was something truly unique. Was this true? were they really going into a new world?

He looked down at the Exalts who were joining him. Judging by their size its clear diplomacy is the first option, and while most of his kind make skilled diplomats, he is a defender of Autocthonia first and foremost. If that defense means a massive offense, he would be ready.

The thing that had him most curious was this sudden introduction to the blue champions. Never before had he seen one.

He looked to the Orichalcum Exalt grouped in with him. So, Spear, what do you think? Do you think this will go smoothly or are we in for a fight? They wouldn't bring a Colossus in unless they really were concerned about there being one. His solid face providing no evidence of his feelings on the matter, though light pulses in his eyes following a tempo to his speech.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-19, 10:54 PM
Xanek shifted the oversized hammer on his shoulder into a slightly more comfortable position, cautiously studying both the Jadeborn and the other three new arrivals to this strange, subterranean cavern. An observer could be forgiven for initially assuming the presence of some elemental blood in his history, given the slate-grey tinge to his skin and the way his eyes glinted like diamonds, but one look at the plain robes he wore would dispel that impression. No elemental or god-blood, this, but a Terrestrial Exalt... and, by appearances, a member of the Immaculate Order.

Behind him, the rest of his sworn brotherhood (for what Dragon-Blood would travel alone into unfamiliar territory, when expecting to discover a threat to the Realm itself?) spread out behind him, their gazes calm and wary. Auric, the air aspect, his pale white hair never quite tidy on his head. Ren and Shan, the sisters of Fire and Water, prowling with equal and yet distinct flavours of practiced grace. And at the back, Moroc, the only one of the five not wearing Immaculate robes, the ever-present easy smile on his features in no way detracting from the visibly cautious way he held himself.

"That depends." Xanek says, in a low and rumbling voice, "on what your business is here. I come in search of a predicted threat, one that may endanger the realm itself, and here I find four unknown individuals awaiting me."

Myllinnia
2013-02-19, 11:17 PM
Crimson Blossoming Nova

Nova glanced to the other three champions that she was asigned to as she waited for their turn to enter the Gateway. It was hard to not fall into her typical no not Adamant Caste behavior, while she did have the charmset installed she had been told the sacrifice had been made and the Divine Ministers were quite okay with this. It still made her uneasy. Who knows if she had spied on any of these before in her life. Her eyes fall upon the Collosus and she frowns, there was no doubt about his ability and focus was. And in a way she admired that determination to defeat the threats to Autocthonia. One day she might do the same as he, but it was the inability to shift back that made her unease.

Glancing to the others she gives each a particular friendly smile, but offers no words. Not while the Collosus speaks to the Orihalcum.

novocane
2013-02-19, 11:25 PM
Silo was irked at the idea of being summoned away from his duties to the state. Why would he be summoned from his Voidtech ops for a vague assignment such as this? Just days ago, he and his unit successfully raided 3 cultist gatherings and the investigation as to the location of others was going at full steam.

As it stood though, he quickly began to grasp the magnitude of this operation. So many champions were here. If they want us to seek peace in this new world, than why assemble such a large roster of Alchemicals?

As soon as his team was announced, he peered toward the blue crystalline champion known as Nova. Silo had heard of the so-called Adamant style of champions, but he had never seen one up close like this. Silo also noted the large Jade colossus speaking alongside another Orichalium champion, who Silo could immediately tell had military standing. He focused again on the Adamant, staring and trying to focus on what she was designed for. "Are you a specialized combat unit?" he asked, hoping that maybe her answer would disprove his assumptions about this assignment.

horus42
2013-02-19, 11:32 PM
Spear of Discipline dutifully took his place beside his squadmates, his new Assembly, with the Arc Tender Luminous Komiko flitting along beside him, in her ethereal state. The thought of another world was both exciting and suspicious. Who knew what the natives would be like? And, in all honesty, did it really matter? He was a military commander, crafted to instil discipline into the men of Estasia, and though he now found himself in Claslat, he knew that the cause of the Maker was greater than that of his home nation. It was an honor to be chosen for this purpose.

When addressed by the Colossus, he inclines his head and smiles. "Should the need arise, we will fight them. We're simply going in well-prepared. I would hope that we'll need you to become a Patropolis before we need you in combat, though these Dragon-men sound like a threat to me..."

Komiko floated about his head whispering in his ear, much to Spear's annoyance. "Do you think there's lighting there? I heard that there are different Elements there. What am I gonna do, Spear?" Spear merely glared at her, and she fell silent, pouting like a child.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-19, 11:52 PM
Crusader glances over at the gateway, kind of hoping that the Orichalcum was correct. Indeed I would prefer the same. To become the first outpost in this world, and thus the gateway home would be wondrous.

It is true. The colossus has no delusions of maintaining humanity, and becoming a living city in this new world would be remarkable. That however will take quite some time. It is far more likely one of the elder Colossi would be the first to take root.

He looks back down at the blue Exalt, curious about her abilities and interested in what she has to say.

Myllinnia
2013-02-19, 11:57 PM
Nova nods at the inquistive one. "You could say that I am," she answers enigmatically. She looked down at special pocket on her outfit where Ruby-Eyes was dozing, it had been a long time for the assignments and gathering after all. She had to travel too.

"My specialization is in stealth, disguise, and sniping." She decides to refrain from mentioning that Infiltration was a common charm loadout some of the more experienced Adamants. "Does this meet with your satisfaction," she asks curiously.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-20, 02:30 AM
"That depends." Xanek says, in a low and rumbling voice, "on what your business is here. I come in search of a predicted threat, one that may endanger the realm itself, and here I find four unknown individuals awaiting me."

"I am not sure what threat might be here, noble Dragon. I am here on Jadeborn business, a simple errand." It's clear she's not being honest, she's not dressed for an 'errand'.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 02:41 AM
"You will have to forgive me for not accepting that at face value." Xanek says evenly. "While I have no desire to impede your business, I must think of my people first."

His gaze turns to the others. "And you? I would be very surprised to learn that other outsiders simply happened upon this place, at this time, by pure coincidence."

novocane
2013-02-20, 08:22 AM
Nova nods at the inquistive one. "You could say that I am," she answers enigmatically. She looked down at special pocket on her outfit where Ruby-Eyes was dozing, it had been a long time for the assignments and gathering after all. She had to travel too.

"My specialization is in stealth, disguise, and sniping." She decides to refrain from mentioning that Infiltration was a common charm loadout some of the more experienced Adamants. "Does this meet with your satisfaction," she asks curiously.

"I suppose it does... It's clear that we have been called here to establish a presence on this foreign Realm. But I can't help but wonder as to how this will benefit the Great Maker. What exactly are we going to be collecting there?"

Silo did not expect a clear answer since the assumption was that everyone called to this meeting probably had the same intel as himself. Recollecting on stories he had heard about the state of the Great Maker, Silo could only guess that the best remedy at the time was the expendable souls that the maker feasted upon. Will we be harvesting more souls from this place?..

Obscurejones
2013-02-20, 09:47 AM
His gaze turns to the others. "And you? I would be very surprised to learn that other outsiders simply happened upon this place, at this time, by pure coincidence."
Frowning as he paces the room, Roklu shrugs off Xanek's questions, waving him away with one hand while he runs the other over the walls. It's a cave, not a cavern. What could possibly come through here that would justify the pact's prediction? The magical materiel in the walls precludes the chance of something simply bursting in and taking a chunk of the mountain with it. Even Roklu himself couldn't shape through solid Soulsteel. And those crystal spikes make it look like any attempt would end poorly.
"I'm here to hunt, little usurper. I was told something big was coming. Tall enough to be worth my time. Although I don't see how that's possible in this room. Too small to fit anything really interesting."

KaganMonk
2013-02-20, 10:35 AM
The Impossible Doctor

Never trust a Sidereal bearing gifts. That was what the messenger reeked of when he came, a Sidereal agent. The Doctor might have ignored it if it weren't for the whispers. They were louder this morning. The mad whispers he'd lived with since the change were louder, more insistent...excited. And so he'd headed towards the location, knowing he was going the right direction as the whispers got more excited, urging him on. The Calibration King was coming...

Once inside the cave, he catches sight of a familiar face. "Magnus you old dog! Still searching for that lady? It must truly be fated if you're here, at the focus of possibilities. We must take time to catch up on events."

Startled by Xanek's (and everyone esle's) presence, he makes a hasty, but graceful bow, "I am sorry, mighty Dragon. I am but a humble traveling Doctor. I was told something I valued highly could be found here. But seeing as something great and terrible and wonderful is coming, I can assure you that I am not the threat you're looking for."

Sweeping over to catch the Jadeborn's hand, he lifts it to give a kiss, "Whether you can help me remains to be seen. However, you are lovely to behold. Is there anything I can do for you?"

horus42
2013-02-20, 11:13 AM
"I suppose it does... It's clear that we have been called here to establish a presence on this foreign Realm. But I can't help but wonder as to how this will benefit the Great Maker. What exactly are we going to be collecting there?"

Silo did not expect a clear answer since the assumption was that everyone called to this meeting probably had the same intel as himself. Recollecting on stories he had heard about the state of the Great Maker, Silo could only guess that the best remedy at the time was the expendable souls that the maker feasted upon. Will we be harvesting more souls from this place?..

Spear shrugs, and says offhandedly, "I assume we'll be gathering resources. Magical Materials, more mundane objects. Perhaps new sources of food."

Komiko floats about, smiling happily. "Ooh! Ooh! And souls too! Don't forget about them!"

Spear glares at her again, but deigns to actually speak to her this time. "That is also a possibility, yes. Now, be quiet."

Astro_sol
2013-02-20, 11:26 AM
Magnus

So this was the start? This cave? Magnus shrugged; everything had to start somewhere, and he would rather start his journey in a cave than somewhere like, say, the middle of the Southern deserts. Or anywhere back in Malfeas, excluding his master Sutarankal, of course.

Now he was in the middle of the Usurpers' territory. Perfect. He scanned his eyes around. Some guy with green hair. Some guy with a hammer, with friends (they all looked a little funny, but he couldn't put his finger on it). Some girl, who didn't ring any bells, or strike a chord within his soul.

Oh, and there was Doc. Magnus raised his eyebrows in response to his old travelling companion.

"Doc," he replied, his accent unplaceable due to the fact that his home country had disappeared millenia ago. He came off sounding strangely archaic. "You are right, you are right, it has been much too long. We shall talk soon. But..." he turned to the others, his eyes first laying on Hammer-man, who had been bugging him since he came in. "I am not a threat to your 'Realm', and thus my business is mine own. However..." he began putting things together. Most of them were wearing the robes of monks who were evidently hunting down "Anathema", what they seemed to be calling Solars these days.

Remembering his origins panged his heart. Magnus continued speaking. "I am searching for someone. A woman," he amended, after the good Doctor had said it loud. "She is very close to me, and trusted sources told me I may find something about her here." He angled his head toward the woman as he spoke. "I do not suppose you'd know anything about that, would you, woman?" He didn't sound like he expected a real answer.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-20, 11:43 AM
Spear shrugs, and says offhandedly, "I assume we'll be gathering resources. Magical Materials, more mundane objects. Perhaps new sources of food."

Komiko floats about, smiling happily. "Ooh! Ooh! And souls too! Don't forget about them!"

Spear glares at her again, but deigns to actually speak to her this time. "That is also a possibility, yes. Now, be quiet."

The Colossus ponders that thought. Something tells me that I will be undergoing a chassis overhaul at some point. Not that I mind, but we will have to see. Maybe something capable of cargo and personnel transportation.

Crusader mused about this. He figured if he had to he would get turrets installed and maybe arms regardless. But at the moment he would make due with what he was equipped with.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 03:31 PM
"I'm here to hunt, little usurper. I was told something big was coming. Tall enough to be worth my time. Although I don't see how that's possible in this room. Too small to fit anything really interesting."

"Usurper?" Xanek says warily, his eyes scanning over the strange man. "There are few... very few, who would speak thus to a Dragon-Blood. But I would not expect to find such creatures on the Blessed Isle."

Obscurejones
2013-02-20, 03:37 PM
Roklu looks down at his moonsilver armor. Back up at Xanek. Checks his face to make sure the tattoos are still there with the reflection from the back of a gauntlet.
...You must be the perceptive one. Ol' eagle eyes, MacDragon. Of the hill clan MacDragons, no?

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 03:51 PM
All around the small group, weapons come out. Auric produces a chakram, Ren unsheathes a pair of Daiklaives... and Xanek holds up one hand in a 'hold' gesture.

"So. A Lunar. In the heart of the Blessed Isle, wearing his own shape and not even attempting to disguise himself." he says, and there is an odd sense of amusement in his words. "I must wonder if you are, in fact, suicidal."

Obscurejones
2013-02-20, 03:58 PM
Roklu spreads his feet as his stance shifts. Rolling his shoulders he looks up and then rolls his gaze across the ceiling. Perhaps the panda? There might be enough room for one of them. Surprisingly small for a creature with Giant in the name.
"Not particularly. Though I would be honored to meet something strong enough to kill me. I may hold no love for your nation but I'm not here to rampage through downtown Imperial City just yet. I heard there would be a monster here. Something enormous. A city sized beast, to dwarf any in creation. I plan to eat its heart."

Myllinnia
2013-02-20, 05:13 PM
Nova sighs a moment, glancing at the nearing gate. "The desires of the Great Maker are known really only to a few and even us Adamants must rely on the Divine Ministers to know what that may be." She crosses her arms and ponders the moment. "I suspect what Spear has mentioned to be true. And the amount of force we are bringing is to ensure it can be done to counter the threats beyond this gate. This Creation is a dangerous place, dangerous to the Great Maker if the stories are true, so we must be especially dilligent."

horus42
2013-02-20, 06:26 PM
"Agreed." says Spear. "We need to be on alert at all times. Though I hope our interaction with the natives can be peaceful, conflict may be inevitable."

He looks out over the assembled troops and Champions, before directing his eyes to the portal, wondering what lies beyond in this new world.

Astro_sol
2013-02-20, 09:52 PM
"Oh," said Magnus, stepping between the Lunar and the Usurpers. "Oh, I see. So you are Usurpers, then." His voice was seething with hate. "Tell me. How many Lunars have you killed?"

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 10:01 PM
"Personally? Three." Xanek says calmly, though his grip tightens on the handle of his Goremaul. "With my brothers? I lose count..."

"Thirteen." Shen interjects, her hands still gripping the twin short Daiklaives.

"Thirteen, then. Why do you care?"

Obscurejones
2013-02-20, 10:36 PM
Taking a step forward Roklu claps his hand on Magnus's shoulder. When he grins it si with entirely too many pointed teeth, all shining towards the Immaculates.
"Friends! There is no need for fighting. Such a small room. After we finished squishing the little dragons their blood would make the floor much too slippery. And then much too sticky. Best to wait for them to die of some small malady or old age. Or wait until the cave gets larger so we can squish them and then step outside the blood. We have many options besides callous violence."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 11:01 PM
"Care to make it fourteen, Anathaema?" Xanek says, smiling as he removes the Goremaul from his shoulder and shifts into a battle-ready stance. "The only reason I have not already destroyed you for your foolish actions is because I believe you might not be the threat I am here to discover. And I would hate to waste my time on you if that were the case."

KaganMonk
2013-02-20, 11:08 PM
The Impossible Doctor

The Doctor sighs sadly, wrenching his attention away from the Jadeborn. "I came to the Blessed Isle for the civilization! Why must we talk of slaughter? And good sir, at least two of those with you are not brothers but sisters (and very lovely ones, I might add)."

He rests a hand lightly on Magnus and Roklu's shoulders as he addresses Xanek. "A single Lunar is surely not such a great threat that it requires a full complement of elemental heroes of the Realm? Besides, it would be impolite to fight in front of our lovely host here." He moves back a step and puts his arm around the Artisan. "Especially when she may be expecting guests other than us. Why else would a lady be dressed up so prettily?"

Rhyvurg
2013-02-21, 12:35 AM
Magnus
Remembering his origins panged his heart. Magnus continued speaking. "I am searching for someone. A woman," he amended, after the good Doctor had said it loud. "She is very close to me, and trusted sources told me I may find something about her here." He angled his head toward the woman as he spoke. "I do not suppose you'd know anything about that, would you, woman?" He didn't sound like he expected a real answer.

She shakes her head, clearly terrified of what is probably about to happen.

All around the small group, weapons come out. Auric produces a chakram, Ren unsheathes a pair of Daiklaives... and Xanek holds up one hand in a 'hold' gesture.

"So. A Lunar. In the heart of the Blessed Isle, wearing his own shape and not even attempting to disguise himself." he says, and there is an odd sense of amusement in his words. "I must wonder if you are, in fact, suicidal."

"Care to make it fourteen, Anathaema?" Xanek says, smiling as he removes the Goremaul from his shoulder and shifts into a battle-ready stance. "The only reason I have not already destroyed you for your foolish actions is because I believe you might not be the threat I am here to discover. And I would hate to waste my time on you if that were the case."

"You should listen to the good Doctor." A voice drifts out of nowhere, cocky, confident, utterly at ease. "This is not a time for fighting. Each of you found a proverbial bread crumb to lead you here, yes? That is because each of you has a part to play. Magnus, you seek a woman, a Lunar Exalted. The events that will begin to unfold here will draw the attention of every Exalt in the world. Stay the course, and she will come to you. Doctor, you seek to find your patron. You are about to meet those that represent the maker of the Loom itself, what better aid could you ask for? Xanek, you want to protect your home. I tell you now, the Realm is on the verge of disaster, but you have the chance to protect it from itself. Change is coming, nothing you can do will avert it, but you can act to prevent change from becoming disaster. Roklu...you're early, the city-being won't be here for a few months. But welcome regardless! Welcome brother, to the future."

A man made of shimmering silver steps out of nowhere in the middle of the cavern. He wears no armor and carries no obvious weapons, but a moonsilver hexagram is set in his chest, and various other off studs and bulges can be seen in his skin. He looks like some fantastic automaton of the First Age, a being of living metal. "Hello! I am Excessively Righteous Blossom, herald of the Great Maker."

================================================== ==

In Autocthonia, an entire wall of the assembly hall shifts and opens, revealing a mirror twenty feet tall and a thousand feet long. It shimmers with an inner light, then ripples like water. "The portal opens! Walk through with your Assemblies and you will be sent to your designated emergent point, an emissary will be waiting with more information. The life of the Maker is in your hands..."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-21, 12:41 AM
"What in the..." Xanek says with some astonishment, staring at the automaton-being. He regains control of himself quickly. "Who, or what are you precisely? And for that matter, what are you talking about? Protect the Realm from itself..."

horus42
2013-02-21, 12:43 AM
Spear takes a deep breath, though he doesn't need to, he finds the act therapeutic. He turns to the other members of his new Assembly and says, "For Autocthonia." He turns towards the portal, Beamlance at his side, Luminous Komiko nervously floating around him, asking various questions about what Creation will be like. But he doesn't answer her. He walks to the mirror and steps through, into a new world.

Obscurejones
2013-02-21, 12:54 AM
Shaking his head, Roklu tries to get the strange sensation of Veja Du out of his ears. He giggles softly as images of various large animals realizing that they are not the largest thing in their ecosystem dance unbidden before his eyes.
That is trippy as hell. Can you bottle that, brother?

Rhyvurg
2013-02-21, 05:50 AM
"What in the..." Xanek says with some astonishment, staring at the automaton-being. He regains control of himself quickly. "Who, or what are you precisely? And for that matter, what are you talking about? Protect the Realm from itself..."

"I....yes, I do believe I am slightly insulted, I did introduce myself. As for what I am, that is...complicated. I have learned, since coming to this world, that I am a template. For him." He indicates Roklu.

Shaking his head, Roklu tries to get the strange sensation of Veja Du out of his ears. He giggles softly as images of various large animals realizing that they are not the largest thing in their ecosystem dance unbidden before his eyes.
That is trippy as hell. Can you bottle that, brother?

"I believe I can! Everyone, I realize this is very odd, but I assure you you are in no direct danger from me, or the others. At the most all I'm asking is you wait a bit on the violence. Not so much to ask."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-21, 08:35 AM
Crusader, ever a protector, knows that whats on the other side of this portal must be important. He follows the Shining One's form. Repeating the line every Autocthonian is saying at this point. For Autocthonia! The Colossus waits for Spear to proceed toward the gate before following through. If he had breath, he would hold it for what is about to happen.

Astro_sol
2013-02-21, 02:00 PM
Magnus halted at the mention of his former lover's name. He waited until the...being...Excessively Righteous Blossom, finished speaking before stepping forward, his animosity towards the Dragonbloods forgotten in an instant.

"Excessively Righteous Blossom," he intoned, stretching out a hand. "I don't care what happens to the Realm. Just tell me what I must do." His eyes shined brightly. "I must see her again. If I must stay my hand, so be it, but let us get over the pleasantries as quickly as we can."

novocane
2013-02-21, 02:18 PM
Silo, watching the spectacle unfold in front of him, reflects some more about the prospects of this mission. "Well... They certainly want us out of here in a hurry. Good thing I prepared my combat specs before hand". This was it. All joking aside, the mission was at hand; and Silo knew that it was time to get serious. He began to approach the portal

"For Autocthonia"

KaganMonk
2013-02-21, 03:46 PM
At the appearance of the new being, The Doctor's heart begins to race. With an elegant bow to the being of moonsilver, he makes apologies, "Excessively Righteous Blossom, you must forgive the great Dragon. They are used to more rigid, militaristic names and are unused to change, that is simply how they were designed. As a Herald of Creation, I welcome you. And if you are a template, then you must be be a Chosen as well. And if you're a template for but one of us...are they coming?" His excitement is apparent on his face, he looks with wonder at the Alchemical.

Myllinnia
2013-02-21, 05:48 PM
Nova silently follows after her Assembly. Assembly how strange, not even did her Infilitation missions lead her to insert into an Assembly before, so such a thing was peculiar to her. Sighing to herself about thinking such useless things she follows entering after the rest essence ready to be spent on her Optical Shroud should the other side be truly horrible.

"...For Autochthon," she does say softly and to herself mostly.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-21, 11:53 PM
The Alchemicals pass through the portal...

...A wall of light flashes into being in the cave for the merest of instants...

...and emerge into a cavern, where a Moonsilver Caste is speaking with a group of humans and a woman who might be some kind of metal elemental. She sighs in relief when she sees them. "Chosen of the Maker, welcome to Creation! I am Shimmering Diamond, I will be your guide." She hurries over, wanting a little more distance between herself and the Dragon Blooded.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 05:56 AM
"What?" Xanek says, his eyes going wide as four more of the strange metal beings emerge from what appears to be some kind of... well, he would have said mirror, but perhaps portal is more appropriate.

All around him, his sworn companions fall into battle-ready stances, staring with incredulous expressions at the new arrivals. Jade weapons are held ready, and flickering auras of elemental energy begin crackling into life around their bodies as each adopts a distinct stance.

Even so, the moves and postures are quite clearly those of people preparing to defend themselves from a potential threat, not those about to start a fight. Hopefully.

Yup. Activating Form-type charms for everybody... Mostly because that seems a sensible reaction when confronted with at least one known Lunar and a whole bunch of mechanical teleporting creatures in a cave where you expect to find a threat to the Realm.

Myllinnia
2013-02-22, 08:09 AM
Nova glanced to the non-Alchemicals with a distrustful look, the one with the closest and largest group outside the cave seemed to be ready to start a war. Though with this non-human being greeting them she wondered what was going on.

A fight might happen, but she would let the negotions happen first. Crossing her arms she glances to the Dragon-blooded and his army. And then to the moonsilver Caste, an eyebrow raised.

The question was, who was the other Alchemical here? He did look familiar, but from where?

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 09:28 AM
Magnus turned. "Ah," he said, "I see. Newcomers." He turned to see the Usurpers readying for battle, their Essence flaring to life.

He sighed.

And his clothing ripped, his muscles suddenly expanding, and his eyes flared with green flames. He took a step forward, his expression calm. He meant no harm to the newcomers -yet- but he simply could not let the Usurpers get the upper hand.

"Greetings. Are you a threat to the Realm? The kingdom here?" he asked the metal men (and women?) bluntly. He pointed a thumb at the Usurpers. "That would very likely anger them most considerably. I do not care so much." He angled his head to that Righteous Blossom fellow. "Are they part of the path to find her?"

Form type charm activated as well! THE MONSTER IS HERE

novocane
2013-02-22, 10:39 AM
Upon entering the portal, Silo quickly notices a Moonsilver caste move towards them. This slightly alarmed him as he realized that they were not alone in this place. Silo quickly made a threat assessment of each of the primitives in the room.

The group of Dragon-Blooded immediately caught his attention, for he could tell that they were preparing for combat. Silo had both hands on his guns, expecting the worst. But the threat of the Dragon-blooded became less of a priority after he noticed a blonde haired individual beginning to expand his body into a more muscular form.

This situation needed a quick solution, and an explanation

"You. Moonsilver. Who are they and why are they here?"

Kell_tamer
2013-02-22, 10:59 AM
Crusader looks down at the assembly of essence wielders and would raise an eyebrow were his face capable of it.

Glad to see we are making friends already... Though his face incapable of expressing it, his voice was definitely sarcastic.

Unbeknownst to the gathered wielders, little slots behind his eyes dilated to allow him to let loose a pulse of essence energy should he need to.

KaganMonk
2013-02-22, 11:03 AM
The beings of metal come through a momentary portal, glorious in their appearance. The Doctor's attention immediately zeroes in on the one made of Adamant, the same as his knife. A rush of emotion goes through him in an instant, a feeling of pride in protecting Creation. He straightens noticeably, his face taking on regal bearing.

And he notices everything going wrong. The Dragon-Bloods are preparing, Magnus is revealing his nature, and the Lunar will likely start shifting soon. While eliminating the dragons would begin the road of conquest, the Doctor suspects that a higher path can be found...

He turns to address Xanek's group with a bow, "Mighty warriors of the Realm, while I acknowledge that dying in defense of your homeland is a noble action, I humbly suggest that it would not serve the Realm as well as your continued life. Even in my lowly travels I have heard whispers that the Empress is missing. Will someone take her place? Or will the Realm fracture into chaos? With the coming of the Great Maker's children, a new balance must be struck, just as it was when your ancestors struck down the mad god-kings. Perhaps they can help build a greater society, forging the Realm anew. But whatever the path they take, they will need advice and support from those who are familiar with this land. Might we listen to sir Blossom, since he seems to have information we do not?"

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 11:16 AM
Xanek doesn't reply at first, his gaze switching between the newly arrived mechanical creatures, the Lunar, and what he could only assume was some kind of Akuma. Eventually, however, he lowers the Goremaul and speaks.

"Auric? Translate for me, please."

At the request, the Air Aspect steps forwards to his side, carefully staying poised just in case. He repeats every word that Xanek speaks, and surprisingly, his words are completely understandable to all present, as though spoken in their respective native tongues. He even gets the accents right.

Auric is going to use the Linguistics charm 'Thousand Tongues Meditation'. Because **** yeah, Air Aspects.

"My name is Xanek, of the family line Mnemnon. Let us start by establishing the state of affairs. You stand now in a cavern beneath Mount Meru, which itself lies close to the centre of the continent known as the Blessed Isle." he says carefully, making sure not to assume too much about what these newcomers may or may not know. "The Blessed Isle, and most of Creation beyond it, is the territory of the Scarlet Empire, also known as the Realm. The Empress herself is presently unavailable, and thus the Realm is ruled by her children, of whom Mnemnon - matriarch of my family - is one."

"Therefore, as representative of this land's present rulers, I ask who and perhaps what you are, and more crucially, what brings you to this land."

Obscurejones
2013-02-22, 12:26 PM
Roklu looks to Xanek's presentation with a bemused eye. Snorts at the description of the realm. Steps forward to speak in slightly sarcastic old realm.
"My name is Roklu, of no particular family line. You do in fact stand in Meru. Her Royal Redness, as the empress is known, disappeared a few years back. To give you an idea of how fractured and dissolute the Empire that claims this place currently is, I'd like to point out that my standing here is in direct violation of both their faith, and their sovereignty. And they aren't going to do jack about it. You can be as diplomatic as you want, or you can steamroll the little blighters. Either way, as long as these mighty midgets have their dancing shoes on I'm by default with y'all. You're too small to eat either way."
Keeping his hands out, palms up, he tries to take a few steps and do a jaunty spin to stand by the Alchemicals.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 12:35 PM
"Unless I have exceptionally good reason to do otherwise, Lunar, the moment these introductions are dealt with I am going to crush you like a bug." Xanek says in a perfectly calm voice. He glances at the newcomers and realises that he should probably explain that.

"Roklu, as he names himself, is what we know as 'Anathema'. His kind are shapeshifters who take the forms of those they slay, and for over two thousand years they have waged war against the Realm. Knowing they cannot face us on the open field of battle, they use their powers of deception and illusion to manipulate others into doing their fighting for them." he says, and though his tone is level the distaste there is genuine. "Directly, they are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands throughout the years. Indirectly, they have spilled the blood of millions more."

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 12:41 PM
Magnus turned to the Usurpers, the flames in his eyes flashing brilliantly.

"And you, Usurper, are one to talk!" he boomed, his face contorting with rage. "Directly, your people are responsible for millions upon millions!" He drew himself to his full height. "Watch. Your. Tongue."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 12:57 PM
"Or what, demon?" Xanek demands in turn. "By what right do you think to give me orders? You do not rule here. You do not rule anywhere. And I care not what justification or labels you or the Lunar may spout, you have no right to any obedience."

"When the Great Contagion struck and nine men in every ten died, you did nothing. When the barriers broke and the Wyld rolled in, and a full half of all Creation itself was unmade by pure chaos, you did nothing. And when the Empress took the Sword of Creation and turned it against the Raksha, when she saved the world from annihilation and founded the Realm to defend it forever more, you did nothing."

Xanek's voice is cold and hard, no trace of hesitation or doubt detectable. "So why, then, should I stay silent in the face of demands by a wandering vagrant and a Dragons-damned terrorist?"

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 01:16 PM
Magnus knew the man was more or less speaking to the Anathema as a whole.

It still struck him personally.

"I did nothing because I was dead, Usurper. You and your pitiful spawn killed me! You were stronger, then, of course.

Thus, cretin, you will listen because you know nothing."

novocane
2013-02-22, 01:51 PM
Things were getting out of hand fast. Silo thought quickly as to preserve the mission in the face of such hostility. He quickly understood that the overall animosity in the room was towards the Dragon Blooded.

"We are the champions of Autocthonia. I myself am Silo, defender of the state and Commander of Estasian State Security Bureau 5. From what I understand, we have been sent here to collect necessary materials for the Great Maker, the soul of our world. I cannot speak for my colleagues here, but I frankly do not care for the matters of this so called Realm. Whether you decide to crush each other or not is none of my business."

Turning back to the unfamiliar Autochthonian he waits for an explainaion.

"So what is in that you know about our being here?"

KaganMonk
2013-02-22, 01:53 PM
"Blessed Gaia preserve me! Do we need to rehash history right now? Xanek, please keep in mind that any historical context our guests have comes from before what the Lunars call the Usurption. I know a few people who can give good reason the "Demons" were not able to help. And need you truly ask, when as you've already demonstrated, the Immaculate Order has always been perfectly willing to hunt them down before they become powerful enough to prove a threat to anything? Magnus, Roklu, please think for a moment? Without the children of the Great Maker, one of the last fully manned Wyld Hunts will likely make short work of you. Now all of you, stop shouting at each other and consider that our guests likely have information we don't that could change all of our minds?" By this point, The Doctor has separated himself from both groups and is standing apart, to better lecture them both.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 02:06 PM
"Autocthonia? I do not believe the name is familiar." Xanek says, glancing between members of his brotherhood and receiving only blank looks and shakes of the head. "But... materials? Do you know what sort of materials? If that is all you seek then a trade agreement may be a possibility."

And Mnemnon will appreciate it greatly if she is in control of our end of that agreement. It may even prove enough to help place her on the throne, especially if these newcomers would be willing to trade some of this technology they seem to possess in such quantities...

horus42
2013-02-22, 03:31 PM
Spear steps forward, speaking in his most charismatic voice. "My name is Spear of Discipline, also of Estasia. I am an Orichalcum Caste Champion of Autocthon, the Great Maker. We come because our world is in grave danger. Our lord and God is dying. The politics of your world are irrelevant to our mission, we come simply to retrieve Magical Materials, and other trade goods that we can use to repair the Maker, and fight off the Void."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 03:47 PM
"I see. Well, we can likely help there." Xanek says, nodding cautiously. "Jade, we possess in abundance. Orichalcum, Moonsilver and Starmetal are rarer, but we still possess significant quantities and the ability to acquire considerably more once we know it is desired."

He glances at the Lunar. "In the spirit of honesty, the Anathaema are more renowned for working Moonsilver than we are, but they lack anything resembling a standing industrial base to produce it in large quantities. Soulsteel is... likely going to be problematic for you to acquire, since it is only really produced by the dead, and the most powerful among the dead at that."

He turns his gaze back upon these 'Champions'. "I must, of course, ask what you have to trade in return. I appreciate that materials are unlikely, given your stated mission, but given the... well, the forms you have taken, and the evident technology here, a trade of knowledge would likely be very much welcomed by our people."

Oh my yes, would it ever.

He frowns. "I am, of course, assuming that you wish to trade, and not to plunder. The latter option would quite naturally be considerably less welcome."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-22, 04:56 PM
The colossus nods. We have enough trouble already with fighting in our own world, to avoid a fight would be a wonderful way to start our relationship. he bows momentarily having forgotten his manners. Forgive me, let me introduce myself. I am Unwavering Jade Crusader, also of Estasia, and Colossus Champion of the Jade Caste. And judging by the make of your weapon, you and I share a common resonance.

Obscurejones
2013-02-22, 05:00 PM
Walking up to the Colossus, Roklu frowns. Looks up and down the jade monster. Pokes it in the knee with a finger.
"For the record, I could totally be taller than you. I just don't want to right now. But I totally could. Huge, I can be if I need to. Absolutely massive. Also, do y'all come in larger sizes than this? I was promised above kaiju level. You're barely a warstrider."

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 05:07 PM
Magnus frowned. My...masters are going to want to hear about this.

"I am Magnus," he said, turning from the Usurpers. It was no use starting a fight here. "I represent a...third party, if you will. I'm not sure what we can provide in trade, but if you require military support, I'm sure something could be arranged."

Of course, Malfeas would probably want to conquer it beneath his boot. It concerned him not, so long as he found Eyes-of-Autumn.

Myllinnia
2013-02-22, 08:29 PM
"Very troublesome lot," the slightly annoyed Nova remarks with a sigh. There was bad blood at least among the one leading a sizeable force, the very confident Lunar whatever those where, and the peculiar form altering man with his unusual essence coloring. The most reasonable one so far was the one that seemed to trying to keep himself apart from the rest.

At least it didn't seem like it was planned for them to all be there for damaging reasons, unless someone was attempting to get them fight and that made little sense to her at the moment. Thankfully this group of non-alchemicals seemed especially a threat to the Great Maker's health.

"I am Crimson Blossoming Nova," Nova says to the group as she comes beside Spear fully trusting him to lead their efforts in claiming needed resources. Each had their role, and hers was in the shadows.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-22, 08:32 PM
"What?" Xanek says, his eyes going wide as four more of the strange metal beings emerge from what appears to be some kind of... well, he would have said mirror, but perhaps portal is more appropriate.

All around him, his sworn companions fall into battle-ready stances, staring with incredulous expressions at the new arrivals. Jade weapons are held ready, and flickering auras of elemental energy begin crackling into life around their bodies as each adopts a distinct stance.

Even so, the moves and postures are quite clearly those of people preparing to defend themselves from a potential threat, not those about to start a fight. Hopefully.

Yup. Activating Form-type charms for everybody... Mostly because that seems a sensible reaction when confronted with at least one known Lunar and a whole bunch of mechanical teleporting creatures in a cave where you expect to find a threat to the Realm.

"Dynast, you need to stand down. These people are not threatening you or the Realm, and if you attack you will end whatever chance you might have to save the lives of millions."

Magnus turned. "Ah," he said, "I see. Newcomers." He turned to see the Usurpers readying for battle, their Essence flaring to life.

He sighed.

And his clothing ripped, his muscles suddenly expanding, and his eyes flared with green flames. He took a step forward, his expression calm. He meant no harm to the newcomers -yet- but he simply could not let the Usurpers get the upper hand.

"Greetings. Are you a threat to the Realm? The kingdom here?" he asked the metal men (and women?) bluntly. He pointed a thumb at the Usurpers. "That would very likely anger them most considerably. I do not care so much." He angled his head to that Righteous Blossom fellow. "Are they part of the path to find her?"

Form type charm activated as well! THE MONSTER IS HERE

"Their presence is. I know I am asking a lot, but perhaps full explanations can wait until we're not all on the verge of possible death?"

Upon entering the portal, Silo quickly notices a Moonsilver caste move towards them. This slightly alarmed him as he realized that they were not alone in this place. Silo quickly made a threat assessment of each of the primitives in the room.

The group of Dragon-Blooded immediately caught his attention, for he could tell that they were preparing for combat. Silo had both hands on his guns, expecting the worst. But the threat of the Dragon-blooded became less of a priority after he noticed a blonde haired individual beginning to expand his body into a more muscular form.

This situation needed a quick solution, and an explanation

"You. Moonsilver. Who are they and why are they here?"

"They, my venerable friend, are going to help us. They can act as liaisons to Creation and to their various factions. The colorful ones in particular. With their help, we can do much to mitigate possible violence that could kill many innocent people. Is that not enough to give them a chance to calm down and listen?

Things were getting out of hand fast. Silo thought quickly as to preserve the mission in the face of such hostility. He quickly understood that the overall animosity in the room was towards the Dragon Blooded.

"We are the champions of Autocthonia. I myself am Silo, defender of the state and Commander of Estasian State Security Bureau 5. From what I understand, we have been sent here to collect necessary materials for the Great Maker, the soul of our world. I cannot speak for my colleagues here, but I frankly do not care for the matters of this so called Realm. Whether you decide to crush each other or not is none of my business."

Turning back to the unfamiliar Autochthonian he waits for an explainaion.

"So what is in that you know about our being here?"

"I, and many others, came through the portals first to serve as scouts, I have been here on the Isle for months learning all I could. The others are in other parts of the mountain, the gateway dropped off every team in a different place, so no single ambush might bring the operation to a halt." He looks at Xanek. "That is why you must listen. Even if you are victorious here, there are thousands of us. Our task here will be done, regardless of your feelings about it. But if you work with us, speak to your family, your people, you can help avert disaster. Because there are not only thousands of Alchemicals, they lead millions of soldiers equipped with what you call First Age technology. Essence artillery, warstriders, Gunzosha commandos, and mortals versed in sorcery. They will get what they need to heal the Maker, and many of them will be willing to regretfully slaughter everyone that resists to get what they need. War is almost inevitable, but we will not take no for an answer. This is happening. You are here to soften the blow. Direct us against your enemies, convince your family and allies to work with us, show us where to find what we need, and support us when you can, and you and yours will profit greatly from this. But there is nothing you can do that will prevent it."

"Blessed Gaia preserve me! Do we need to rehash history right now? Xanek, please keep in mind that any historical context our guests have comes from before what the Lunars call the Usurption. I know a few people who can give good reason the "Demons" were not able to help. And need you truly ask, when as you've already demonstrated, the Immaculate Order has always been perfectly willing to hunt them down before they become powerful enough to prove a threat to anything? Magnus, Roklu, please think for a moment? Without the children of the Great Maker, one of the last fully manned Wyld Hunts will likely make short work of you. Now all of you, stop shouting at each other and consider that our guests likely have information we don't that could change all of our minds?" By this point, The Doctor has separated himself from both groups and is standing apart, to better lecture them both.

"As expected Doctor, you are a voice of reason."

"I see. Well, we can likely help there." Xanek says, nodding cautiously. "Jade, we possess in abundance. Orichalcum, Moonsilver and Starmetal are rarer, but we still possess significant quantities and the ability to acquire considerably more once we know it is desired."

He glances at the Lunar. "In the spirit of honesty, the Anathaema are more renowned for working Moonsilver than we are, but they lack anything resembling a standing industrial base to produce it in large quantities. Soulsteel is... likely going to be problematic for you to acquire, since it is only really produced by the dead, and the most powerful among the dead at that."

He turns his gaze back upon these 'Champions'. "I must, of course, ask what you have to trade in return. I appreciate that materials are unlikely, given your stated mission, but given the... well, the forms you have taken, and the evident technology here, a trade of knowledge would likely be very much welcomed by our people."

Oh my yes, would it ever.

He frowns. "I am, of course, assuming that you wish to trade, and not to plunder. The latter option would quite naturally be considerably less welcome."

"While we would be willing to trade, remember your fellow Dragon Blooded. Would every family, faction, bureaucrat be willing to give up what the Realm uses as the base of it's entire economy? We cannot trade things made of like materials, our net gain would be nothing. And how many of your people, including your heavenly backers, might try to exploit us? Xanek, be honest with yourself. You know there will be violence. The Realm must change if it is to survive. We do not seek conquest, but there are those among us who would be willing to give it a shot. We are here to save our world, and the Immaculate Order has no monopoly on fanatics."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 08:43 PM
Xanek's eyes narrow and he turns towards the man made of Moon-Silver.

"That... sounds remarkably like a threat. And a demand." he says, all emotion drained from his voice. "But let me just, please, confirm what it is you are saying. I would hate for there to be misunderstandings."

He takes a breath. "You are, in essence, aiming to extort vast quantities of the magical materials from us. Enough to quite possibly destabilize the Realm's economy. And while you may be willing to pay for some of it, you have no intention of trading anything close to it's full value, less you make a net loss on this, hmm, transaction."

His eyes are as hard as diamond. "And finally, should we decide that we do not want to comply with your wishes, you are at this very moment bringing a fully equipped army through onto our sovereign soil, with the aim of just taking it instead."

"Is that about right?"

Rhyvurg
2013-02-22, 08:59 PM
"I am not trying to threaten you. Would you rather I lie and sugar-coat it instead? I am treating you like an adult, not a child. I'm just telling you what is. I have no say in what might happen. All I can do is tell you what some of us might try to do. The Realm is on the verge of civil war as it is, but we cannot wait for you to resolve your internal problems. I am not claiming we are in the right, but would you do any less if your home was at stake? And before you give the obvious answer, we are not here to fight you. We are just prepared to fight if we must. And if you take a step back and look at the big picture, you'll see what you must do."

KaganMonk
2013-02-22, 09:03 PM
The Doctor, eyes glittering, interjects, "To clarify a few points for you, Dynast, he's saying that a nation at least the size of the Realm, with more infrastructure than Lookshy, and just as fanatic as the entirety of the Immaculate Order, is more desperate than a cornered Anathema, but willing to spare as many people as you're willing to be cooperative about. He's asking if you'd like to see Mnemnon on a throne at the end, or merely a large pile of corpses."

Turning to the Moonsilver, he gives an inquiring glance, "You do know my reason comes with a commensurate portion of chaos to be paid later, correct? Have you considered returning to creation? With only a trading relationship, you're not going to get the help I suspect you need. Magical materials are available for a negotiable price, yes, but true miracles are only available from the ones they hunt down. If the Great Maker himself were to return, change may be...faster?"

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 09:34 PM
Xanek nods slowly. "You are quite right, Excessively Righteous Blossom. All one has to do is look at the big picture, see the truth of the matter, and my course becomes clear. And the truth of the matter is, your position is much weaker than you assume. You are entering through a single location, into the very heart of the Blessed Realm. All of our Legions are close by, and yours are still in transit. We outnumber you, in both mortals and Exalts, and we have had centuries of experience in fighting foes who are physically superior on an individual level." he says, with the inevitable certainty of an avalanche. "And perhaps most importantly, we hold what you need. And that means the advantage is ours."

He looks each of his sworn companions in the eyes, searching for their views. Ren and Shan glance at each other and then nod slightly. Auric smiles, and Moroc smirks. As one, they look back at the strange newcomers. And, as one, they open their words and speak, the air itself catching their words.

...Mnemnon, Imperial City...

...Grand Master Ragara Myruun, the Palace Sublime...

...Admiral Peleps Amarida, Imperial City...

...Peleps Deled, the Pinnacle of the Hunt...

...Tepet Ejava, headquarters of the Vermillion Legion...

"Priority Alert. The Realm is being Invaded. Autocthonians, Anathaema, under Mount Meru. Estimate strength at several thousand, Shogunate tech-Level. Spread word. Ready defenses."

The cavern shakes with the sound of their combined voices, and as the echoes begin to die away, Mnemnon Xanek looks Excessively Righteous Blossom in the eye and snarls. "Did you honestly think we would submit to your demands, you arrogant metallic piece of yeddim-****?"

In case it wasn't obvious... Wind Carried Words technique. Using however many motes I need to boost the message out to the required distance, but really, considering that spending ten motes will throw the message roughly 22 million miles, I really don't think there's too much worry over it getting out.

And yes, each of those people was having the message sent by one of the five Dragon-Blooded. Since I suspect there's probably really serious charges for issuing a priority alert falsely, I stand a good chance of being believed as well,

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 09:42 PM
Magnus grinned. "Ah. You have rousted the Usurpers. I suppose it was better this way." He grinned; while he was still getting used to his new masters, he was not nearly as fanatical for the Unconquered Sun as...before. "My masters will definitely want to hear about this."

Notably, he had not shifted his stance, making no sudden moves yet not releasing the power that his destructive Martial Arts held.

Myllinnia
2013-02-22, 10:06 PM
"Spear, it is apparent that those ones there do not wish to help. In fact I would suspect they seek to fight against us instead of with us." Nova glances imperiously to the Dragon-Blooded. "Righteous," she comments to the Moonsilver softly. "It was foolish to assume they could be reasoned with it appears, perhaps you didn't explore their culture long enough."

Nova regards the small army coolly. "I have noticed something. There is a Lunar here, their group is opposed to yours. There is this unknown here with his masters, they are opposed to yours. I am unsure of the most reasonable one there, but I suspect he might not care at all for the chaos you seek to bring." She points at Xanek. "You will bring ruin upon yourselves if your nation is not unified. You have more than us as enemies. And yet you choose violence instead of reasoned caution." Her smirk is unkind, this group will succeed she will make sure of it. "While you turn your eyes to this mountain what will your known and unknown enemies do? Do you not care for your people? You are to blame if they are caught up in the flames of war."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-22, 10:24 PM
"This Empire was born in the chaos and strife of a conflict that killed ninety percent of all life in existence." Xanek says is response. "It is no stranger to war. You will throw yourself against us, and we will break you, completely and utterly."

The Immaculate's flesh ripples and shifts, taking on the strength and resilience of the mountain stone itself. Behind him, Ren is wreathed in burning flames, while Moroc's hands start to glow with a vibrant green energy. Auric whispers in their mind, linking their actions in perfect synchronicity, and Shan merely adopts a flexible pose, the glittering jade claws on her hands seeming to catch the light itself.

"If you can retreat, I would advise you do so now. Or we will kill you all, Anathaema and invader alike."

Activating the following:
Xanek - Perfection of Earth Body
Ren - Consuming Might of the Fire Dragon, along with the Anima effect.
Auric - With One Mind
Moroc - Inexhaustible Rage of the Dragons

Astro_sol
2013-02-22, 10:28 PM
Magnus did not move. He simply shed a layer of skin, with bronze bursting out to cover his body until he was fully covered, with glowing green sigils covering his new skin.

"Come and try, Usurper."

Activating Viridian Legend Exoskeleton. Everyone gets a free history lesson.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-22, 11:05 PM
Crusader seeing this about to end horribly sighs. He raises his khatar and channeling his personal essence core slams it into the ceiling of the cave. Attempting to collapse rocks into a barrier between the two parties.

This is enough childishness! Blossom does not speak for autocthonia, nor us. His name should have been a tip off. EXCESSIVELY, meaning absolutely overkill. the giant glares at the moonsilver.

he turns much more calmly to the dynasts. Allow me to propose something far more beneficial to you jade wielder, and it won't result in a fight. Are you willing to listen?

He's using piston driven megaton hammer, which against inanimate objects like a cave wall, multiply his attack successes by essence x 2. and his khatar multiplies the final damage by two. I'll roll if you want, but the law of large numbers says he more than succeeds. if i do roll it will be in OOC. he has 16 dice to the roll + any awarded to stunts.

Obscurejones
2013-02-23, 12:46 AM
Roklu stares up at the hammer with admiration.
...Okay, haters going to hate, but that was cool. We can agree on that right? Giant metal man smashing cave is cool, right?

Rhyvurg
2013-02-23, 05:56 AM
"But...but..." At that moment, a eight-foot tall woman dressed in robes that barely give her any modesty, her skin like polished basalt with a halo made of tiny floating rocks, appears in front of Xanek. "This seems to be the center of it... You! You are one of Menmon's yes? What do you think you are doing picking fights in my mountain? Don't you know how dangerous that is this close to the core? You are but a stone's throw from the core of Creation itself! I have been listening to what this silly silver fellow is telling you, " "I am not-" "Be quiet, you rude boy! Young Dragon, if you would take a moment and calm yourself, I am sure this can be resolved without bloodshed. Please, let us step aside and talk. There is much you need to know." The Jadeborn woman looks like she's about to faint.

horus42
2013-02-23, 09:44 AM
Spear sighs at the Moonsilver Caste's foolishness. "As my Jade colleague said, noble Dragons, Excessively Righteous Blossom does not speak for all of us. He has, in fact, rather made an ass of himself. We did not come here desiring war, we merely came prepared for it, in the unfortunate case that it would become necessary. We want nothing more than peace. Especially considering that war would only cost us more of the valuable resources we have come here to procure. I, for one, would not throw away the Maker's life so casually."

novocane
2013-02-23, 11:41 AM
The situation was clear, peace was not going to be easily gained in this situation. Silo's brutal honesty could not be controlled now.

"Pitiful primitives. You cannot possibly grasp the potential of our forces. We have spent many a years fighting back creatures that would overrun this sorry realm within months. Don't get overconfident in yourselves Dragon-bloods. And as for the idea of trade, it is likely that we do not have anything of use for your people, for our technology and resources are beyond your ability to utilize. We will acquire the materials you need, and in exchange, we can provide tactical support for those who are willing to assist us. I hope for a peaceful resolution to this, but I have no fear of conflict against your kind"

He then focuses his attention to the other Alchemicals, who seem to be as aggravated at the situation as he was. But as he is about to inquire as to their next course of action, a tall women enters the cave, speaking with reason to the Dragon-bloods.

"Your mountain you say? Who may I ask are you, stranger?

Astro_sol
2013-02-23, 10:41 PM
Magnus, fully armored and blazing with unholy green Essence, stared at the woman who had just appeared in front of the talkative Usurper.

"Ah, more of them." And with that, he turned back to the Alchemicals. "Please, continue with the negotiations, everyone. This is very, very interesting. And I don't think I'll find Eyes-of-Autumn in a bloodbath." His eyes glinted, but since they were on fire, they were doing that anyway.

The demon in his head had not spoken, in spite of the grand implications of what he was seeing. He had no idea how his patrons would react to this information. Probably the same way they did everything else; take it, burn it, love it, hate it, control it, etc.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-24, 07:49 AM
"But...but..." At that moment, a eight-foot tall woman dressed in robes that barely give her any modesty, her skin like polished basalt with a halo made of tiny floating rocks, appears in front of Xanek. "This seems to be the center of it... You! You are one of Menmon's yes? What do you think you are doing picking fights in my mountain? Don't you know how dangerous that is this close to the core? You are but a stone's throw from the core of Creation itself! I have been listening to what this silly silver fellow is telling you, " "I am not-" "Be quiet, you rude boy! Young Dragon, if you would take a moment and calm yourself, I am sure this can be resolved without bloodshed. Please, let us step aside and talk. There is much you need to know." The Jadeborn woman looks like she's about to faint.

"Flashing Peak." Xanek says in recognition. "Goddess of the Fifth Rank."

After a moment's pause, he bows formally to her. "My apologies, my lady. This is of course your domain, and I should not battle here without your leave." he glances at the rest of his brotherhood. "Keep an eye on our guests, please. The honoured goddess and I need to talk."

horus42
2013-02-24, 03:30 PM
Spear looks curiously at the goddess. "Interesting that she takes such a human-like form. The gods of Autocthonia are much more mechanical in nature and appearance."

The little lightning elemental flits about Spear's head, trying to get a better glimpse at Flashing Peak. She gasps and says, "She's beautiful, Spear! Could I go talk to her about Creation's elements? Please, please, please, please, PLEASE?"

The Orichalcum Caste shakes his head, saying, "Now is not the time, Komiko."

Rhyvurg
2013-02-24, 08:17 PM
"Flashing Peak." Xanek says in recognition. "Goddess of the Fifth Rank."

After a moment's pause, he bows formally to her. "My apologies, my lady. This is of course your domain, and I should not battle here without your leave." he glances at the rest of his brotherhood. "Keep an eye on our guests, please. The honoured goddess and I need to talk."

"The silver one has all the diplomatic skill of a toad. Xanek, was it? He may not have meant to make threats, but if he is right, you must do what you can to avoid war. This event is the turning of an Age. Autocthon, the Maker they serve, is one of the two remaining free Primordials. That alone will draw demons and those that serve them to these events. The ones you call Anathema will flock to the Isle. Even if these machine people are peaceful, their presence will draw those that are not. Would it not be better to have their aid against armies of demons and beastmen?"

Maugan Ra
2013-02-24, 11:59 PM
Xanek blinks in shock. "A... free Primordial? I had thought Gaia the only one..."

He takes a moment to compose himself. "I see. This deserves greater consideration, then. At the very least, it demands something resembling a proper series of negotiations."

"Honoured goddess, I would ask that you contact the proper authorities within Yu-Shan. I am unsure of the precise heavenly protocol here, but the God of the Realm at the very least needs to be aware of this, and I suspect it may involve matters that influence the domains of a great many divines. I will amend my alert to the rest of the Realm, and see what I can do to organize proper talks."

Rhyvurg
2013-02-25, 05:26 AM
"I will do what I can. But Autocthon slumbers, and he is sick, dying. These people are on the verge of desperation, they are here to try and heal him. His body is quite literally their entire world. But the die is already cast, and...less than understanding men have been alerted. Xanek, you may end up being the cause of the war..."

Maugan Ra
2013-02-25, 05:50 AM
The Immaculate frowns. "How do you know all of this?"

Rhyvurg
2013-02-25, 08:35 AM
"While these Alchemicals are appearing all over the mountain, there was a sudden surge of essence use here, not to mention the fact that there are no less than a dozen Exalted in this cavern. Suffice to say, you drew my attention. I listened unobtrusively for a while, but when it became clear what was going to happen, I intervened."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-25, 10:10 PM
While the two are gone, Crusader turns to Blossom. From this point forward your speaking privileges are revoked. If you actually want to challenge me on that you are welcome to try, but you very nearly cost us a diplomatic arrangement with the natives in less than 5 minutes of meeting them. There is a checked anger in his voice, much as one would expect of an officer who's own men made a fool out of him in front of a superior.

He looks at the assembled dynasts, alchemicals, and the other celestials. He looks down at the jadeborn, then finally back to the mirrorblade, with his lifeless mask of a face and gently pulsing eyes. After we salvage your mess, and the portal opens for trade, you will report back through it, your use here has ended and we have no further need of you. He kneels down before the moonsilver. Is that clear?

horus42
2013-02-26, 11:32 AM
Spear watches with a smile as Unwavering Jade Crusader tells off Excessively Righteous Blossom. The Moonsilver Caste might have failed at being a negotiator, but the situation was not beyond salvage. Especially now that the esteemed goddess had appeared, and talked some sense into the Terrestrials.

He waits for the right moment to speak again, hoping for Autocthon's sake, that peace can still win out. "As the honored goddess has said, it is unfortunate that out presence may draw enemies towards your borders, Mnemon Xanek. However, I would be glad to offer you my services. Once I reach a mastery of Essence to become a Colossus, as my Jade colleague is, I can serve the Realm as a weapons platform. And in time, when I become a city, I will gladly become a training facility for your military, my Municipal Charms will see more troops trained more quickly, and with more skill than those trained anywhere else in Creation."

Komiko looks at him, incredulously. "But Spear! What about Autocthonia?"

"I will do what I must to ensure our people's survival, Komiko. Even if it means never returning to our world..."

Rhyvurg
2013-02-27, 06:35 AM
The Jadeborn woman clears her throat. "Chosen of the Maker, if you some with me I have your package prepared. I did not bring it in case I was discovered by Dynasts. Apparently justifiable caution. I have maps and your first set of orders, as well as local clothing for disguises, should you need it."

Astro_sol
2013-02-27, 08:08 AM
Magnus turned to the Doctor as the others talked. "So, what now? Do we travel with these "Chosen of the Maker"? What do you think about the living Primordial? Autochthon?"

TRAITOR. A screech in his head. He held a gauntlet-covered hand to his head. Now it chose to say something.

"Also, I am sure that man just said he could turn into a city."

horus42
2013-02-27, 03:10 PM
Spear turns to Magnus with a smile. "Not can, but will. It is the fate of all Alchemical Exalted to become cities as they grow in power. Every city in Autocthonia was once a Champion, just as we are now."

Obscurejones
2013-02-27, 03:46 PM
... I have got to eat one of you guys eventually. That sounds amazing.

KaganMonk
2013-02-27, 05:02 PM
"Magnus, my friend, I do not pretend to speak for you, but I will follow and guide these Champions. They seem to be the key to my quest, and perhaps to the balancing of Creation itself. And speaking of which..."

He turns towards the wondrous being of gold. "Mighty Spear, while I represent no significant forces and have nothing of immense value to offer, I believe I have something you are in desperate need of. I have a wide array of experiences within the Realm, and some beyond. I know some of the past, untarnished by bias or propaganda, and some of the present, free of hopes and fears. I can be a neutral party, capable of guiding you past the pitfalls of society."

"And I feel I must begin my work before negotiating my pay. It is generally considered unwise to make oaths to beings you barely know. For instance, while you clearly intend to help in military matters, you may be obligated to help them in a religious hunting of Magnus and Roklu. Or perhaps, in the future, potential allies like them."

"In that, you shouldn't be too harsh to Blossom. If he came out in the Realm, he couldn't know the potential usefulness of the other Exalts, nor the hatred the Dragonblooded have been conditioned with towards them. Such things only a native could know."

Myllinnia
2013-02-27, 06:17 PM
Nova nods to the Jadeborn, "The sooner I know what I am doing the better." She doesn't remark about the questions for the others to follow them, she cared neither way. Their closeness would allow her to learn and determine if they are a threat to the way of Autocthonian life. However her eyes narrow on the Lunar and presses her lips together. Turning sharply away she decide it best not to cause a scene with the Lunar.

horus42
2013-02-27, 09:27 PM
He nods and faces the Doctor when addressed. "I thank you, wise Doctor, for your kind words and your offered aid. It is true that perhaps I spoke too quickly. Though I would suppose that it shows just how desperate we truly are. If we are to fail here, then not only will the Great Maker die, but the hundred million people living within his World-Body will perish along with him. And so I am willing to take risks, even if I might find the situation unsavory, so that those people depending on me can continue to live."

Astro_sol
2013-02-28, 08:39 AM
Spear turns to Magnus with a smile. "Not can, but will. It is the fate of all Alchemical Exalted to become cities as they grow in power. Every city in Autocthonia was once a Champion, just as we are now."

Magnus eyed the Alchemical...Spear-something-or-other, his expression bemused. "Are the cities...still alive? Wouldn't that be boring?"

Of course, the long-term strategic implications that these Autochthonians made cities out of their metal soldiers was not lost on him.

"Magnus, my friend, I do not pretend to speak for you, but I will follow and guide these Champions. They seem to be the key to my quest, and perhaps to the balancing of Creation itself. And speaking of which..."

"And I feel I must begin my work before negotiating my pay. It is generally considered unwise to make oaths to beings you barely know. For instance, while you clearly intend to help in military matters, you may be obligated to help them in a religious hunting of Magnus and Roklu. Or perhaps, in the future, potential allies like them."

"Well..." Magnus scratched his chin - or at least, he tried to, catching his helmet instead, but still completing the motions. "I don't suppose I have anything better to be doing until Calibration." And it'd be a win-win to keep an eye on these guys. "I'm with the Doctor. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I at least am interested in learning more of your people. And if it comes to Realm-smashing, I wouldn't exactly mind helping out."

horus42
2013-02-28, 11:37 AM
He nods as he turns to Magnus. "Yes, they are. There are ways, however, to inhabit a smaller individual body while at the same time leaving enough of your consciousness behind to maintain the Municipal workings. It alleviates a great deal of the ennui that many Patroploi and Metropoli experience. Many of them only devote their full minds into their City-Bodies during times of crisis."

Astro_sol
2013-02-28, 12:15 PM
"Is that risky? Or is it something like a puppet, easily replaced?" Magnus knew the information could be useful militarily, but he was also simply curious.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-28, 05:18 PM
Xanek strides back across the chamber to rejoin his brotherhood. They knew what had happened, of course - the mind link established that - so they did not even need to confer before speaking to the winds once more.

"Update - Autocthonian situation is as the story of Janus."

Just about every child of the Realm knew the story of Janus, the Dynast who started a war with his own ill-chosen words. When your long-range communications were limited in word-count, it was only natural that you developed ways to convey complex situational data in short phrases. "Request diplomatic representatives, or instructions. Autocthon, kin of Gaia. "

horus42
2013-03-01, 01:20 PM
"It is... incredibly difficult to kill a Patropolis. The smaller bodies are easily replaced, as the city's soul remains safe in a hidden place."

He then turns to Xanek. "I assume this means we are back to negotiating peaceful trade?" He offers what is meant to be a warm smile. "Excellent!"

novocane
2013-03-01, 02:44 PM
"Well, you seem hasty to establish yourself upon this realm. Frankly I'm in no rush to bound myself to any future defense agreement until I learn what exactly we are searching for." Said Silo, addressing Spear in particular.

Silo decided to step from the pack and address the "Goddess" with an uncharacteristic formality to his approach. "Madam, It appears that you possess great understanding of not only this realm, but our own as well. As painful as it is to admit, you were correct in your assessment, this is a vital mission for us. As Spear of Discipline has mentioned, we are only here to ensure the safety and health of our Maker, and we will have no problem with working with the present parties to find a peaceful solution; but first I must know, what is it that we must seek?"

Rhyvurg
2013-03-01, 04:46 PM
"I have been goddess of this mountain since Creation was born, I have known Autocthon longer than anyone save Gaia herself. I have also been watching your other scouts. You need not only materials, you will need sorceries unknown in your home and a way to give him raw power from the Wyld."

novocane
2013-03-01, 04:53 PM
"The Wyld?" Asked Silo. This was quickly turning into more than a side-mission, if this woman is right, and if she knows the Maker this well, then it is clear that this was going to be a mission that would require a ton of focus and resources. "What may I ask is that"

Obscurejones
2013-03-01, 05:04 PM
"The wyld? Crazy place. Chaos unbound. Fun enough if you can handle it. Lots of monsters to hunt."
A sly-ish grin slides across Roklu's face.
"And, as much as he won't like to admit it, Xanek isn't the guy to talk to about the wyld. Lunars and Solars are what you need if you're running around in there."

novocane
2013-03-01, 05:12 PM
"The wyld? Crazy place. Chaos unbound. Fun enough if you can handle it. Lots of monsters to hunt."
A sly-ish grin slides across Roklu's face.
"And, as much as he won't like to admit it, Xanek isn't the guy to talk to about the wyld. Lunars and Solars are what you need if you're running around in there."

Silo looks towards the Lunar, puzzled yet curious of his immediate knowledge. "And you have experience with this place? You must surely be one yourself. Would you be willing to assist us in acquiring this raw power? I'm sure we can make it an interesting venture for you."

Obscurejones
2013-03-01, 05:18 PM
"Heck, I'd love to help. Been meaning to expand my repertoire of shapes. I think I've got everything I can from the natural world. The unnatural beckons. But at the moment it sounds like you're going to buddy up with Xanek. Xanek, who wants my head on a stick gracing his ramparts by the end of the day. No sane Lunar or Solar's going to help you if you team up with the Wyld Hunt. It's the Realm's name for their kill squads. They hunt those who might help you in the wyld, so it's an oddly fitting name."

Astro_sol
2013-03-01, 06:10 PM
"No sane Lunar or Solar's going to help you if you team up with the Wyld Hunt. It's the Realm's name for their kill squads. They hunt those who might help you in the wyld, so it's an oddly fitting name."

At that, Magnus had to speak up. He made his way over to the two. "Well, finding Eyes is first priority for me, so I think I'd be willing to overlook the Usurpers' involvement. In fact, wouldn't it be better to keep our enemies close? That way, if there's ever an issue, they're always within punching distance." He slammed his gauntlets together to emphasize.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-01, 06:17 PM
Crusader interjects. Might I ask why they hate you so bitterly? Would the realm not want your aid in combatting the enemy thats building up against them? The colossus seems very skeptical as to why a military wouldn't try to ally with another high power to face a single enemy.

Maugan Ra
2013-03-01, 07:05 PM
"Ancient history, mostly, albeit not one any of us are willing to forget." Xanek says calmly. "It's the reason they keep referring to us as 'Usurpers' - they ruled the world, once, millennia ago, and my kind were their servants. They ruled neither well nor justly, committing horrific experiments upon their people, exerting mind control techniques to restore obedience, and massacring their citizens by the millions."

"It got so bad that Ignis Divine, the highest among the gods and the embodiment of virtue, turned his back on them. Shortly thereafter, the Dragon-Blooded host rose up and killed them all, save for a few who ran far and fast enough to escape." his smile now is cold. "Those survivors, and their reincarnations, have never quite forgiven us for it. Hence the millennia long war."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-01, 10:31 PM
he crosses his arms as he listens. Is there no hope for a peaceful settlement with them? Forgive me if this is an uncouth topic, if it is I will withdraw my question, I just don't know anything about this world and can't properly help anyone if I don't learn of it.

KaganMonk
2013-03-01, 10:41 PM
The Doctor chuckles softly to himself, "Great Xanek, that is the most neutral rendition of the story I've ever heard. The monk who taught me as a child would be sorely disappointed. You didn't use the term "demon" even once. You didn't mention the new labels given in order to inspire fear. Nor the countless newly Exalted who have been slaughtered. Nor the inexplicable upswing in numbers of newly Exalted, sending the Hunts scurrying in a bloody frenzy."

"There is another part of the story that Creation has quite literally been forced to forget. The Sidereals, Chosen of Fate, helped plan the uprising, or so I've heard. They manipulated your ancestors, then erased themselves from memory. Perhaps more importantly, they locked away the slain Solars, which is why those few that remained could do nothing to stop our downward slide. And now, when ancient things awaken and stir, your faith prevents you from even trying to harness them as weapons against your foes."

horus42
2013-03-02, 11:24 AM
Spear finds it odd that the people of Creation can't put aside their differences to face a larger foe. He would be lying if he said that all Autocthonians lived in peace at all times, but when something greater faced them all, they ignored petty squabbles and joined forces. Is that not what the entire world was doing right now? A temporary truce between all nations in order to save their dying Maker?

However, he didn't voice his concerns. It would seem that he had indeed made a mistake in offering so readily to help the Realm. He had assumed that the people of Creation would be somewhat similar to Autocthonians, and that he was just doing to them what the people of the Great Maker would do to each other. But Creation is more fractious, it would seem.

Astro_sol
2013-03-03, 02:37 AM
"There is another part of the story that Creation has quite literally been forced to forget. The Sidereals, Chosen of Fate, helped plan the uprising, or so I've heard. They manipulated your ancestors, then erased themselves from memory. Perhaps more importantly, they locked away the slain Solars, which is why those few that remained could do nothing to stop our downward slide. And now, when ancient things awaken and stir, your faith prevents you from even trying to harness them as weapons against your foes."

Magnus took a deep breath.

"You...never told me about that part of the story, Doctor."

Obscurejones
2013-03-03, 11:49 AM
he crosses his arms as he listens. Is there no hope for a peaceful settlement with them? Forgive me if this is an uncouth topic, if it is I will withdraw my question, I just don't know anything about this world and can't properly help anyone if I don't learn of it.

"To answer your question it would help to know how new Exalted are created in your world. If it is not rude to ask?"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-03, 01:40 PM
Jade rubs his chin a moment trying to simplify the process in his head to make it easier. Well we recycle souls, when a person dies we take their soul gem so it can be put into a new baby. Sometimes however a person through their many lives has shown great potential for heroism and service to the maker, and a group of technicians build a body. If the soul is properly heroic enough it sparks the body, made of a material that resonates with the souls past acts of heroism, to life and a Champion steps out. He pauses a moment thinking over if he mentioned enough. There is more to it than that of course, but that's the basics of it.

Obscurejones
2013-03-04, 01:38 AM
"Huh. Alright, give me a little room here, I'm extrapolating. Imagine you had failed ages in the past. That your heroes had fallen from grace. Been brought low, and made unfit to serve. But they are long dead now. And you wait for a new soul to be worthy, to be built into one of your brethren. And finally a soul comes along. Noble, brave, and true. The facility is built, the gems are carved, their body hewn from... Let's say moonsilver, for my example. They are born new, fresh. Full of life and potential, and glorious hope this new Champion.

But the facility that built them falls too near those who remember the past. And they kill this new Champion while it is still young. Barely a child. Barely new. And they tell you it is because you are a monster and that new hero would be a monster, and that you deserve nothing but their hate and death by their hands.

Perhaps you understand why I may be reluctant to serve alongside our dear friends from the Realm."
Roklu trembles a little as his speech winds down, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides.

Maugan Ra
2013-03-04, 02:34 AM
"You'll forgive us for showing practicality in our actions, Anathaema." Xanek says dryly. "While your kind may start off thinking and acting no differently than they did before claiming their new powers, but in time, you always end up going mad and turning against us, one way or another. We simply choose to resolve the inevitable before our opponents have mustered sufficient strength to make us pay for it."

He glances at the Autocthonians. "To explain the previous statements about the Wyld in slightly more useful detail... reality does not work there. Not as we understand it. Without specialized charms, merely walking through the outskirts of the Wyld can cause one's skin to change colour... or ones internal organs to suddenly gain sentience and wander off. The Lunar tattoos protect them somewhat, but they only work for them, and thus the eternal stalemate."

Myllinnia
2013-03-04, 05:26 AM
Nova grumbles a moment then directed her calm and less emotional words to the conversation, "So it's likely having your soul tainted by the Void and no matter what brought back into being instead of purified or annihilated. After awhile everyone will know that you are bad. Over and over, and ostracized or killed over and over." She looks over to the Creation Exalts and tilts her head to the side with a raised eyebrow. "Now think of this. What if there was no taint, but a purposeful attempt to make that or a whole group of souls unfit for service despite the ability to be the best of the Champions? This is what I have seen before on smaller scales in the past and this is what I see here. What a few have done has condemned the whole but by purposeful attempt to make it so." She turns away and sighs. "I do not understand the past of your world, it is alien and it has never been my place to mention the options and repercussions of the actions such as those just told us, but I can see perhaps where the others declare unfairness while I can also see the position of the proud and protective Dragon-Blooded. It would do to respect each other lest you weaken the ability to protect your people and your nations." Upon the notes of the Wyld she left to herself, such a realm could be beneficial to the Great Maker, but she was not sure on how safe it was. Not yet.

novocane
2013-03-04, 12:52 PM
"Well... Isn't this convenient." Silo uttered with slight agitation. "We must acquire a source of power from an entity that is without any sort of reality?"

He then turns his head towards the Goddess, eager for a clue.

Goddess, if it is true that you are familiar with our world and our technology, then what can we possibly use to mine the power of this Wyld? I figure that despite whether our people have the capabilities or not, there has to be a way to aquire its power since you have mentioned it as a possibility, but who here among this gatering would have the best capabilities of altering and withstanding the Wyld?

Considering the comments made by Xanek, Silo looked toward the Lunar. It seemed clear to him that this individual could withstand the Wyld considering how casual his knowledge of it was. But it was also very clear that this animosity between the Creation exalts was something that would prevent any active cooperation between them. Turning to Xanek, he finally decided to put aside initial impressions and decided to confront the issue.

"I understand that it isn't my place to dictate who is at fault or who is oppressed in this situation, but I can't help but feel that despite this conflict between all of you, there happens to be a common threat that each of you has to deal with outside of each other. In a world this divided, there has to be some force that has both an agenda against all of you, and maybe this entity has something that can be of use for not only you, but for my people as well. Am I correct in this assumption?"

Maugan Ra
2013-03-04, 02:14 PM
"The enemy of my enemy, is the enemy of my enemy. Nothing more, nothing less." Xanek says levelly. "Of course there are things out there that would oppose us all equally... the Raksha of the Wyld, the Deathlords of the Underworld, even the Yozi of Hell. Though I'm not entirely convinced of that last part." he says, shooting a glance at Magnus.

"But on balance, we have never seen in the Anathaema anything that makes them less of a threat to our people. Some have, in the past, assisted our soldiers against those enemies... and just as many have assisted our other enemies against us."

horus42
2013-03-04, 02:27 PM
Spear ponder that for a moment. "So it is something of a case by case basis? At times you can work together, and at other times, you cannot. I see." He addresses all of the gathered Chosen. "I must emphasize that we Autocthonians will do what is best for Autocthonia. If it means working with the Realm, so be it. If we must align with the other Exalted, then so be it. We are proactive, and will not sit back and watch our god and world die. You have heard from your own goddess the truth of Autocthon, and squabbles of past lives aside, we need all of your help. Why don't we leave this cavern, perhaps talk this over in a more civilized place?"

He then turns to their Jadeborn hostess and Flashing Peak. "No offense meant to your home, my ladies." He offers them a deep bow.

novocane
2013-03-04, 02:34 PM
"Then it seems that there is no shortage of threats against your people. I can understand your apprehension to work among possible future enemies. Though I am a bit curious of these Raksha you so mentioned. Do you believe that they have the potential to mold the Wyld into raw power that we can utilize? I have the means to extract the necessary information we need from them if at all possible. But your intel on the subjects would be key in establishing a method of combating them."

Silo was emphatic in his idea. Hopefully there was a way to replicate something they would use to structure the Wyld's energy with Autochthonian technology.

KaganMonk
2013-03-04, 04:05 PM
The Doctor sadly returns Magnus's look. "The secrets of heaven do not fall lightly from my lips. Just remember that they are not all guilty."

Then the Doctor sighs in frustration, "The past is but the context for the present, and limits the possibilities of the future. Suffice to say that no force has presented itself recently that could unite all the factions of Creation into common cause. At least not yet."

"Of far more intriguing interest is the Wyld, the very essence of possibilities. From it came the Titans and with it they shaped Creation. The Solars of old could imitate such acts, and some may yet learn to do so. As for moving the energy...a lost technology comes to mind. The Gates of Auspicious Passage were said to be able to bridge vast stretches of Creation in but a few footsteps. Perhaps with your technology, such items could be found, repaired, and re-purposed to move the substance of the Wyld from the far reaches to your gateway here."

He turns to survey the entire group, with half their animas flaring. "If I may suggest a course of action? It seems that a group will need to go to the ancient ruins to find lost technology, and possibly to the Wyld as well. Magnus and Roklu would prove superior guides for those endeavors. Meanwhile, I suspect that Xanek or an associate will need to report to their superiors. He will likely require a representative to help negotiate peaceful establishment of outposts, so your resources will be used efficiently instead of in ceaseless war. The "Anathema" will be out of Realm territory and will be helping to shorten the Autochthonian incursion. Personally, I can go wherever requested, to help translate far afield, or to prevent misunderstandings within the Realm."

Astro_sol
2013-03-05, 08:18 AM
"It isn't whether they are guilty or not," Magnus replied, his voice hard. "They still think they are right. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I run into too many fools," he continued, angling his head at the Terrestrials, particularly Xanek, "to let myself become too optimistic. But we shall speak no more on it now." His voice lightened at the end, letting the Doctor know that Magnus had calmed a bit, at least in respect to him.

He turned to the others. "Indeed. I would be more than able to assist as a guide. Let us leave this place," he agreed with Spear. "Let's go help wake up a Titan."

Rhyvurg
2013-03-07, 03:39 PM
The Jadeborn woman bows. "If you will come with me then?"

Astro_sol
2013-03-07, 05:37 PM
"Indeed. Apologies for my Essence. It should die down within the hour." Magnus nodded his helmeted head at the woman and began to follow her, keeping close to the Doctor, intent on finding out what all his old companion had done since they had last parted. As well as grilling him for his knowledge of the Sidereals' involvement with the Usurpation.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-07, 07:23 PM
Crusader nods and proceeds, pausing a moment to address the goddess of the mountain. Thank you, he looks up and to the pile of rubble then back to her. and... sorry about the cave.

Obscurejones
2013-03-07, 08:25 PM
"...Might as well stick close to the friendlies."
Roklu moves briskly to keep close to Magnus and the Doc.

Maugan Ra
2013-03-07, 09:21 PM
Xanek and his companions follow cautiously, the various flickering auras slowly subsiding as their immediate techniques are abandoned. That said, all of them keep their hands near their weapons, and none are relaxed - peaceful intentions or not, letting one's guard down around Anathaema was never a wise idea.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-09, 10:48 AM
She leads the group away to a smaller chamber, this one carved to be more a room than a cave. Benches are along the walls, and a raised platform serves as a table. Spread out on it are several maps of the Isle and a few areas of the Threshhold. "These maps show what we know of the Empire. We have lived here a long time but we are usually forbidden from going to the surface. We have most of the major cities marked, as well as routes underground to take you almost anywhere. Blossom had spent most of his time here scouting the Imperial City," She indicates one of the maps, "it is the largest storehouse of raw jade anywhere in the world. It is also home to the Imperial Survey Bureau. They keep records on known deposits of orichalcum and moonsilver. We have not had any luck finding starmetal or adamant. As for soulsteel...well...that is another matter. These locations are where the Legions are houses, and these are their naval forces. Um, that means ships that travel on water."

Blossom speaks up. "Our first orders were to be to scout in force, this island is massive and only a handful of Moonsilver Castes were sent through first. If I can make a suggestion, there is the remains of a city on this mountain, it might make a good place to make a base of operations." The Jadeborn woman gasps. "Meru..."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-09, 12:08 PM
The colossus would frown if he could. Something tells me mirrorblade, and i don't remember lifting that revocation of your speaking privileges by the way, that Meru is highly important to them.

He looks to the rest of the group. We shouldn't do anything that would be seen as a declaration of war, or did you forget what happened just 10 minutes ago the last time you spoke?

Maugan Ra
2013-03-10, 04:56 AM
"And unless you're planning a military attack on my people, those maps are unlikely to help you." Xanek says sharply. "And Meru is off limits. Mostly because it is horribly dangerous - that place was the epicenter of the fighting during the Uprising against the Anathaema, millennia ago. It is a shattered, poisoned, monster-infested death trap. "

He sighs. "I had thought you were potentially agreeing towards a peaceful series of negotiations or something. If so, then none of this is necessary. Just return with me and mine to the Imperial City and meet the Deliberative or the House Heads."

Also, seriously, no response from anyone Xanek and his crew signaled? They'll all know Wind-Carried Words, since it's such a useful charm, so I would have expected something back by now...

novocane
2013-03-10, 11:19 AM
"Well, this is certainly helpful. Don't be so hard on the scout just yet, Crusader. We can possibly make use of these materials. But I would like to know more about how or where we can find Soulsteel here."

Silo then heard the comments made by Xanek and wondered whether or not his offer to venture to this Imperial City was one of preserving his interest or was a move to assist them in their objective.

"I am not opposed to seeking an agreement with the government of your Imperial City, but I am also concerned as to how your kinsmen will react to our presence here. You seem to be a very cautious and pragmatic group. For the sake of this operation, I would like to see this ruined city that Blossom has mentioned."

After observing the maps for a few moments, Silo approaches the other Alchemicals and stands beside Spear of Discipline, talking softly toward his general direction.

"Commander, after we depart from here, I would like to talk to you about how we should proceed with our objective from here. I trust that you understand what I mean."

horus42
2013-03-10, 11:24 AM
Spear nods in agreement towards Xanek. "Indeed, that would seem to be the most wise choice at this stage. I ask that you forgive Excessively Self-Righteous Blossom of his lack of tact and his idiocy."

In the meantime he turned to Silo after he was addressed. Speaking similarly quietly, he said, "Agreed. We will talk when we can."

Rhyvurg
2013-03-10, 01:53 PM
"And unless you're planning a military attack on my people, those maps are unlikely to help you." Xanek says sharply. "And Meru is off limits. Mostly because it is horribly dangerous - that place was the epicenter of the fighting during the Uprising against the Anathaema, millennia ago. It is a shattered, poisoned, monster-infested death trap. "

He sighs. "I had thought you were potentially agreeing towards a peaceful series of negotiations or something. If so, then none of this is necessary. Just return with me and mine to the Imperial City and meet the Deliberative or the House Heads."

Also, seriously, no response from anyone Xanek and his crew signaled? They'll all know Wind-Carried Words, since it's such a useful charm, so I would have expected something back by now...

"With all respect, we are not subject to the rules that ban access to the city."

Honestly you caught me by surprise with that one, I haven't figured out appropriate responses yet.

"Well, this is certainly helpful. Don't be so hard on the scout just yet, Crusader. We can possibly make use of these materials. But I would like to know more about how or where we can find Soulsteel here."

Silo then heard the comments made by Xanek and wondered whether or not his offer to venture to this Imperial City was one of preserving his interest or was a move to assist them in their objective.

"I am not opposed to seeking an agreement with the government of your Imperial City, but I am also concerned as to how your kinsmen will react to our presence here. You seem to be a very cautious and pragmatic group. For the sake of this operation, I would like to see this ruined city that Blossom has mentioned."

After observing the maps for a few moments, Silo approaches the other Alchemicals and stands beside Spear of Discipline, talking softly toward his general direction.

"Commander, after we depart from here, I would like to talk to you about how we should proceed with our objective from here. I trust that you understand what I mean."

The Jadeborn woman clears her throat. "Soulsteel is found in the Underworld, it is very dangerous to go there." Blossom nods. "From what I have been told, it's impossible to get there from any point on this island, we will need to travel to other lands."

novocane
2013-03-10, 02:04 PM
Looking over his shoulder at the Jade woman, Silo offers no sense of worry over the dangers of this Underworld.

"Very well, we can put off the search for Soulsteel for now. I have no problem with starting small. But regardless, one of you will have to lead us to this underworld. Even if I have to go there alone I will procure a supply of it. I know firsthand how beneficial Soulsteel can be for the maker."

Maugan Ra
2013-03-10, 06:25 PM
Xanek frowns. "Your chances of procuring Soulsteel here are somewhat slim. It is, after all, not naturally occurring." he says carefully. "Actually, the only way you would be able to secure it in any viable quantities would be to murder tens of thousands of innocent people in an exceptionally painful fashion."

And if they are willing to do that, then I am going to stop them, right here and now. Though I pity those ghosts unable to let themselves go and submit to reincarnation, sending them to Lethe is the proper solution... no one deserves to be soul forged. Not even the worst Anathaema.

Myllinnia
2013-03-10, 07:18 PM
Nova quietly listens to the talk and conversations, listening and attempting to understand. While the Moonsilver Caste was ... very good at his informations she had determined him to unsafe for the group of Autochthon as a whole. But as the conversation turns towards Soulsteel she finds herself surprised and...

Nova is a little horrified hearing the words from the Dragonblooded. "Soulsteel requires the death of people here to be even made?" She looks to the other Creation born, "Is there no other ways?" She may be of the Adamant Caste but the Soulsteel Caste might become one of the hardest hit by this. But she worried now, would the Nations go and kill for Soulsteel? There was something really wrong with that.

Maugan Ra
2013-03-10, 07:21 PM
"Did you not know?" Xanek asks in some surprise. "The name is not a metaphor. Soulsteel is, quite literally, the corpus of a ghost - a sapient being - fused against it's will into another form that causes it constant, unending pain. Why did you imagine that the metal screams?"

Myllinnia
2013-03-10, 08:29 PM
Nova gives an embarrassed look and fiddles with her fingers. "I... I'm of the Adamant Caste, I do not use Soulsteel not even in the slightest. But where we are from you just find deposites of it, mine it, refine it and tada material for the Soulsteel Caste. So we don't make the strange metal it has always been there... until now. All of the metals are getting rare." She looks to where they are going instead deep in thought and worried.

horus42
2013-03-10, 08:38 PM
"That is... extremely unsettling. As my Adamant colleague Nova said, Soulsteel occurs naturally in Autocthonia... It is mined from the Great Maker's metallic flesh, just like any other metal. Perhaps we are simply using the same word to describe two different materials. Or at least, I pray that is the case..." Spear shuddered in horrified disgust as he contemplated the origins of Creation's Soulsteel. Imagining that sort of thing happening to anyone was beyond what he would be willing to do, even if it could save the Great Maker.

"Perhaps it is best that we not pursue Soulsteel at the moment. We will focus on obtaining the other four Magical Materials. Unless they also come from horrific origins here..."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-10, 09:19 PM
The colossus nods at his colleague's assessment. Yes it is more important we are able to get any materials we can rather than focus and panic on the lack of one. If soulsteel must be waited for then so be it.

KaganMonk
2013-03-10, 10:31 PM
The Doctor looks at the maps and speaks up seriously, "You may be able to seize some existing caches of soulsteel, and the Realm may even be happy to aid you. I believe the Deathlords have the stuff for their highest servants. And it is most likely the same metal, yours are just very old deposits of it. Starmetal falls from heaven in response to the death of a god. Not as horrific, but we're not likely to find any here in Creation. Those in Yu-Shan hoard it jealously. The most valuable uses for adamant have been lost for a long time. It is extremely rare in Creation, but I know it exists somewhere. Meru...I have not gone there, but taboos are often based on fact. And sometimes manipulated to hide something. It would be a good place to start looking for old technology, legend calling it the ancient heart of civilization."

Then he turns. "Sir Xanek, why do you bristle at the fact that your potential allies have shown the same sense that you would have? Would you not scout out a potential rival and search for their weaknesses in order to be safe? And they have shown a measure of trust in you by allowing you to see what they know, thus invalidating many strategies they may derive from such knowledge. Were it me, I would not have shared such knowledge in your presence.

Maugan Ra
2013-03-11, 07:50 AM
"The Deathlord Anathaema are likely to possess the largest quantities of Soulsteel, yes." Xanek agrees after a moment. "The chances of obtaining it from them peacefully are negligible. Mostly because they're all void-worshipping lunatic monsters who wish to consign all of Creation to endless oblivion."

The Earth aspect frowns. "I would honestly prefer that no situation requiring Soulsteel was ever tolerated. We try to destroy the metal where we can, so that those imprisoned within can find some measure of peace. But... sometimes, hard choices must be made, and if it is absolutely required, then better to destroy the Deathlords and take the minimum required from their stockpiles rather than creating new examples of it."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-11, 09:26 AM
The colossus stops dead in his tracks at the word Void. You mean this place is already tainted by the the Void? He looks to his colleagues. They can tell worry would be on his face. This changes quite a bit. And you say these deathlords are members of void cults? Have efforts been made to bring them to heel? Do you fight an unending battle with it here as we do in our world?

Maugan Ra
2013-03-11, 09:45 AM
"Where possible, yes. It is difficult, however." Xanek says, his face impassive. Still, it was good to know that even these strange mechanical creatures from another world could be repelled by the concept of the death-tainted Anathaema.

"The Underworld is a... dark mirror of Creation, populated by those dead souls with too much attachment to their past lives to let themselves pass into the cycle of reincarnation. The Deathlords and their knights exist comfortably there, but the living cannot respire essence properly within the lands of the dead, and so we are reduced to relying on hearthstones and other such technological sources in order to maintain our own energy within. When you add in the natural advantages of home ground and specialized skills, anything resembling a proper push into their territory becomes all but impossible. Many have perished trying it."

He sighs. "So we do what we can to defend the living world from them. We cleanse and seal the Shadowlands - unnatural places where the two realms meet - and fight the undead when they are reanimated and sent against us. Beyond that, we teach the Immaculate philosophy, which encourages the existing ghosts to allow themselves to pass on before the Void can claim them. It is a war of words and faith as much as sword and flame."

"And, like any war, it had it's losses. Though this land, the Blessed Isle, is kept safe from the Void... the threshold regions beyond our immediate reach are not always so fortunate. In the East, the city of Thorns was recently overrun by the dead, and now answers to the Deathlord known as the Mask of Winters. In the North, the Bishop of the Chancillery Thurible spreads his foul language that drives thousands to ritual suicide. And Skullstone in the West is a whole damn nation under the command of the Silver Prince. Every year, more atrocities are committed against the living, and every year I lose more comrades to their blades. It is not easy, but we are not going to surrender. "

horus42
2013-03-11, 10:11 AM
"These Deathlords sound very much like the Voidbringer cults of Autocthonia. While I am terribly sorry for the losses your people have experienced at their hands, this does give us some common ground. Something we can help one another with, for our mutual benefit." He pauses, gathering his thoughts to not seem callous.

"Perhaps we could help Creation in retaking the city of Thorns. To build good faith and show that we mean no harm to the people of this world."

novocane
2013-03-11, 11:12 AM
Silo, listening to the conversation surrounding Soulsteel, stood in silence. "I fully understand what it takes to make Soulsteel. Creation's method of making Soulsteel isn't that much different from that of our method to be honest. The maker himself relies on the recycled souls of his people. And from his flesh, it grows. I... hear them... I..."

With this, Silo stopped speaking in an uncomfortably abrupt manner. Silently, he stepped back, with a healthy distance from the others. Silently he reflected to himself.

Astro_sol
2013-03-11, 01:25 PM
Magnus turned to his new...companions.

"I am not so sure about the strategy part of all this," he muttered, looking over the maps. "You require Soulsteel, and you want to retake Thorns? It is a shadowland, am I correct? Would there not be a sizable quantity of Soulsteel there?"

One of the advantages of his new...existence was that he didn't necessarily need to collect magical materials. He'd just taint it in Vitriol, like the brass and iron found throughout Malfeas. These alchemicals needed magical materials quite badly, it seemed. A pity. Vitriol was nasty, but useful.

horus42
2013-03-13, 07:32 PM
"It makes perfect sense. A way to accomplish two goals at once. The people of Creation would be grateful at our aid in fighting off the Deathlord incursion, and we could acquire Soulsteel for the Great Maker at the same time."

He smiles widely and says, "A most advantageous situation for all involved, I believe. Besides the dead, of course."

Rhyvurg
2013-03-15, 12:54 PM
"If you are serious about traveling to the Underworld of all places, I can lead you to a Shadowland through the tunnels. But if you are set on Thorns it would be faster to travel on the surface and take a ship. But Thorns is very dangerous, you do not have to face a Deathlord to get what you need."

Maugan Ra
2013-03-15, 12:57 PM
Xanek pauses, and turns to regard the Jadeborn (assuming that's who was speaking).

"There is a Shadowland within walking distance of here? In the heart of the Blessed Isle? Why in the infinite Hells has it not been cleansed and sealed up? "

Rhyvurg
2013-03-15, 02:03 PM
"No, not under the Isle, but there are Shadowlands safer than Thorns."

Astro_sol
2013-03-17, 08:38 AM
"So?" Magnus asked. "Do we go safe, or Thorns? I'd want to go wherever there is the greatest amount of Soulsteel."

horus42
2013-03-18, 05:44 PM
The Orichalcum Caste looks at Magnus, nodding in approval. "That would make sense, though I still maintain that retaking Thorns might be best in the long run."

KaganMonk
2013-03-20, 12:05 AM
The Doctor has a worried frown upon his face. "My fellow...beings. It seems to me that we're currently spoiled for options, but we've lost sight of our priorities. We would still do well to investigate the ruins of the earlier age for technology you could use. Also, if you're going to make any sort of large scale campaign of any sort, you're going to need at least the forbearance of the Realm, if not their cooperation. While a source of Soulsteel will eventually be a requirement, there are other materials and energies that are less arduous to attain. Unless of course, you wish to make a show of force or good faith."

novocane
2013-03-20, 09:14 AM
Silo, keeping his previous distance finally broke from his silence. "I agree with the Doctor. Let us find these ruins. The Soulsteel will come later.. Regardless of any hesitations"

horus42
2013-03-20, 01:05 PM
"Very well. We'll go to these ruins first, to see what we can find. But after that, I would like to make Thorns our next priority."

Komiko giggles happily as she flitted about, sparks trailing from her tiny body. "I'm excited to see the ruins! I've never seen ruins before! I wonder what they'll be like? Will they look like the Reaches? All smoke and rust and death?" She gasps. "...maybe I don't want to see ruins."

"Komiko, please be quiet."

Astro_sol
2013-03-22, 10:03 AM
"Agreed. Let us depart. Eyes is waiting."

Rhyvurg
2013-03-22, 02:55 PM
The Jadeborn artisan bows and touches a crystal on the wall, summoning a pair of warriors. "This is Grek and Daesod, they will escort you to the surface entrance closest to the city. They are forbidden from walking on the surface themselves, but they will wait for your return or a message you might wish to send." Both warriors bow, clad in buff jackets and carrying repeating crossbows slung on their backs.

KaganMonk
2013-03-23, 11:31 PM
As he follows the warriors, the Doctor turns to Spear. "I think I begin to understand. Retaking Thorns is less about the materials and more about the principle. The best I can tell you is that you're going to need to gather more of your army. With this small a group, we would be cut to pieces before we could even confront the Deathlord. They do have Exalts of their own, in addition to the armies of the dead, or so I've heard. However, if you can manage to cleanse the shadowland, it may serve as a good base of operations within Creation. Though it may not go over well with the Immaculate Order, you may want to look at recruiting some Solars. Their ability to oppose the Darkness is unmatched."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-24, 08:55 AM
The colossus more curious about this hierarchy than anything looks at the doctor. What is the difference in these Exalted? We are all Champions in Autocthonia, no one material greater than another. Are they all a splintered part of a greater whole? Forgive me if this is intrusive. I simply am uneducated in the matter.

horus42
2013-03-24, 04:32 PM
Spear follows along with the others, Koimko in tow. As they walk towards the surface, he replies to the Doctor. Indeed you are correct. And soldiers will not be difficult to come by. I alone have over 500 men at my command at any given time, and other Champions have many more." He pauses as Unwavering Jade Crusader speaks his mind, and waits for the answer.

Myllinnia
2013-03-25, 04:35 PM
Nova simply watches and listens, the time for proding for information had passed. Besides enough of that had already occured and while she cannot find these other Exalts a threat to the Great Maker she cannot be sure that they never will be either. Crossing her arms she silently walks, eyes upon the newly formed group. Happy that battle did not come to pass.

And in her little compartment set in Nova's clothes, Ruby-Eyes peeks her head out with sleepy look and Nova smiled, patting her on the head. Granting Nova a curious look Nova simply rested a finger on her lips and nodded to the non-Alchemicals indicating a need to not disrupt the current conversation.

KaganMonk
2013-03-25, 09:28 PM
The Doctor is silent for a minute or two in thought before beginning. "To understand the Exalted, you must remember two things. They were created as weapon in a terrible war that was vast in scope and destruction. And they all begin life as mere mortals, with their own ambitions and dreams. And then you can start with the Incarnae."

"The Unconquered Sun is the champion and defender of Creation. Where he chooses to act, none can oppose him. So it is with his Chosen. Where they choose to focus, they are mighty, whether in combat or thought. Of special note, just as the Sun banishes the darkness, his Chosen are given power to oppose the forces of Darkness."

He nods at Roklu, "The Moon is ever changing in the sky, and her Chosen are also ever changing. They survive, adapt, and become stronger. They guard the borders of Creation from the Wyld, adapting to it's ever changing nature. A Lunar that survives a fight will be a Lunar that will come back to bite you."

"The Maidens can see the future in the stars, and take steps to alter it. Their Chosen are the keepers of Fate, trying to make sure Creation stays on the path it is currently on. Never face a Sidereal on a ground of their choosing, for your defeat has already been arranged if you do. They are also of special note, for they can only predict what they can see within Fate, and they cannot see you." As cryptic as this remark is, he doesn't elaborate.

"Gaia's Dragons empower the Dragon-blooded with the power of Creation's elements. Their power runs through bloodlines instead of coming upon mortals unexpectedly. While they haven't the raw strength of the others, they make up for it in numbers and coordination, as the Solars of old learned. They are the current rulers of Creation."

"As you can see, they all have their areas of strength. The Solars are just perhaps the most direct in the application of their strength. However, in recent days curious things have appeared. The Deathlords have Exalted servants steeped in Darkness. Also, some Solars burn with a light not seen in Creation. As I told Xanek, ancient things have awakened."

horus42
2013-03-26, 06:43 PM
"I see." is all that Spear says as he digests this large chunk of information. "Then perhaps it is something we should look into. I take it that these Solars are those who resonate with my own kind, the Orichalcum Caste? Not to sound vain, but if I could find more men like me, I would gladly accept their help."

Kell_tamer
2013-04-02, 08:34 PM
Jade nods in agreement to the Shining One's assessment. I myself am curious about these Jade Wielders. They are the ones in charge and thus probably have a lot of knowledge of the world itself.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-03, 12:15 AM
Their escorts are happy to tell them all they know of the Dragonbloods, of their Empire, the Shogunate, and the Immaculate Order. After hours of walking, they reach the exit on the mountainside. From the cave, they can see part of the ruins of Meru nearby. "This is as far as we can go, without a Dragonblood's permission we may not walk on the surface."

novocane
2013-04-03, 09:20 AM
"And what can we expect within those ruins?" Silo questioned, not giving much care to the authority of the Dragonbloods. Perhaps these ruins would be an ideal place to setup an interim command post, If there was a possible method of contacting the other units deployed within the realm, the mountain itself would serve well as a communications outpost.

But that would have to wait untill they were away from the company of their escorts.

horus42
2013-04-03, 10:00 AM
As the group leaves their Jadeborn escorts behind, Spear turns to Silo and says, "We will simply have to see for ourselves." It's only then that he really gets a look outside, and his jaw drops.

Creation is nothing like Autocthonia. Spear had never seen such a wide, open space before. He had heard the preliminary reports from the advance scouts, but nothing had really prepared his for the stark contrast. The tunnels beneath the mountain had felt familiar, but this... this was utterly alien.

"Incredible..."

novocane
2013-04-03, 11:28 AM
With a glance towards Spear, Silo nods his head in agreement. As the escorts departed back within the cave, Silo again addressed Spear with a calm, yet secretive tone.

"Commander, let us continue on towards the Ruins. We have a few issues to discuss."

Now focusing towards the rest of the group, Alchemical and Anathema alike, he raises his voice to speak over the soft, yet powerful mountain winds. "Because of the nature of this situation, me and Commander Spear need to convene in private." With more emphasis towards the newly acquainted exalted he speaks in a reassuring tone. "Don't be concerned, though this is a private matter, we have no reason to act against any of you thus far."

Once again he turns to Spear. "Shall we, Commander?"

horus42
2013-04-03, 11:34 AM
Spear nods in agreement and follows Silo to the side of the group, out of earshot. "Speak your mind, Silo."

novocane
2013-04-03, 11:36 AM
Silo takes a minute and gazes upon the majestic view of the valley below the mountains upon which they stood.

"What do you make of the situation thus far?

horus42
2013-04-03, 11:37 AM
"It goes better than I hoped, after that Moonsilver idiot nearly got us all killed. At least we were able to mitigate the damage, and have a clear goal now."

novocane
2013-04-03, 11:51 AM
"Certainly true, but I can't help but feel concerned over our strategic standing thus far. Those Dragonbloods, it appeared as if they have a innate communications system among them. Not only that but The Doctor too; how is it he knows so much about our situation as well? From what I can tell from the intel we received, this land had primitive technology at best, so how is it that they are able to spread and receive information so well? Also, Magnus made mention of his 'Masters' at one point, is it possible that there is a larger network that each of them is attuned to?"

Taking a minute to look back at the rest of the group, he continues. "I guess the point I am trying to make is that we are at a communications disadvantage, our fellow champions are spread all over this realm and we have no way to organize or contact them. Despite our hopes for a friendly resolution, there is no doubt that we will experience pushback from the Dragonbloods. We are, in other words, completely at their mercy at the moment. I don't like being at the mercy of anything.."

horus42
2013-04-03, 12:02 PM
"I understand where you're coming from. But I thought of that. Komiko!" The little Arc Tender flies over to Spear as the Orichalcum Caste continues. "My Familiar has a Charm which allows her to split into several distinct copies of herself. She was brought along specifically for long-range communications."

She nods enthusiastically as her master speaks of her. "Spear uses me to send messages on the battlefield all the time!"

"We are not quite as disadvantaged as you think. Though your other concerns are still valid, and we must be cautious."

novocane
2013-04-03, 12:07 PM
"Hmm.. Impressive."

Silo addresses the eccentric familiar

"Would you be able to search for other Alchemicals within the region?"

horus42
2013-04-03, 12:14 PM
She nods again. "I'll keep an eye out, and come back to the ruins if I find anyone!" With that being said, she splits off three copies of herself, each of them flies off in a different direction.

Should I roll for her, or allow the ST to handle it?

Kell_tamer
2013-04-03, 12:58 PM
That's a really big ceiling... is all the colossus can get out of his system. Enamored at the wide open spaces that they just aren't used to in Autocthonia. Soon as I get the chance i'm outfitting myself with flight capabilities, I want to see how high this place goes. And it's so bright, this is weird.

KaganMonk
2013-04-07, 08:20 PM
The Doctor mutters to himself a bit at the thought of the Dragon-blooded forbidding anything. This too shall pass.

While he views the two Champions walking away together with trepidation, he is utterly baffled by the colossus's comment. "You've never seen the sky before? It...kinda just keeps going, until you get roasted by the sun. Flying too high never ends well. It occurs to me that I've been babbling on about Creation, but you've had little opportunity to tell us about your home, besides your mission and hatred of the...Void? What is this apparently dark place like?"

horus42
2013-04-07, 09:19 PM
Spear walks back to the group, just in time to hear the Doctor's qustion. "Autocthonia is large, but... cramped. The entire world is indoors, nations are capped by ceilings, and constantly moving as the Great Maker's organ-continents shift about inside his body. We don't have a... sun? It that what you called it? But we have smaller sources of light, spread throughout the world."

As he gets done speaking, the copies of Komiko return and merge back into one being. "Spear, I didn't find anything. No people... no elementals... not even rats. Just... dirt."

"Hm... that is... unsettling."

Rhyvurg
2013-04-08, 01:30 AM
From Meru, there is a screech of metal on metal, followed by a loud bang.

Kell_tamer
2013-04-08, 10:15 AM
Jade looks toward the sound of the ruckus. This normal? I mean it is on our world, but i haven't seen any metallic walls or naturally occurring machinery here yet.

KaganMonk
2013-04-10, 11:23 AM
The Doctor gives the colossus a strange look. "In the sense of strange sounds coming from the ruins of a lost civilization? Or in the sense of you and your people having to face danger and the unknown at every turn in Creation? Yes, this is normal. Magnus, would you care to lead the way? Given what you've said, you have a better chance than any of us at recognizing the dangers we'll face."

As he prepares to enter the ruins, he also pulls a stiletto like piece of crystal from his cloak. For those who know magical materials, it is clearly a piece of worked adamant.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-10, 05:17 PM
As the doctor finishes speaking, a loud wail is heard from the city, cutting off suddenly.

Astro_sol
2013-04-10, 09:52 PM
Magnus stepped forward, cracking his knuckles. The scream didn't elicit a reaction. "Right, Doctor. I will lead. You lot can follow." And with that, he began marching forward, toward the ruins.

novocane
2013-04-10, 11:10 PM
"At last, time to test the capabilities of this world"
Silo prepares his weapons with great composure. He glances towards his fellow Alchemicals and continues on with Magnus and the Doctor

Note that I haven't drawn them yet. Just hands on at the moment

Obscurejones
2013-04-11, 12:02 AM
"...Alright. Following. But can you hurry up? I want a chance to eat whatever made that noise."
Roklu stretches his limbs a little and mutters a silent prayer to Luna that the trip inside the mountain would be his last confined space for a while. No room to be anything truly interesting. Or to meet anything large enough to hunt.

Myllinnia
2013-04-11, 08:03 PM
The noise did nothing but create a situation that Nova was familiar with. She disappeared, her form shimmering before she faded away from the sight of the others. As she moved to the side to allow the others to pass she materialized her cannon and slowly followed after. She'd rush forward but this would be a good test to see how the strange exalts reacted upon facing whatever it was.

Although there was equal chance that it was nothing but this world's strange sounds. In her pocket Ruby-Eyes sighed and peaked from her place looking for anything that could be coming around behind them. "Trouble?" And Nova nodded silently to her as they continued.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-11, 08:43 PM
The ruins of Meru are surrounded by a constant mist, the building partially melted and blasted, but still showing amazing craftsmanship and architectural genius. As soon as they enter among the buildings, the mist is behind them and the ruins seem clear. They also notice a sudden change in gravity, despite the mountain's slope they find gravity shifted so they are standing upright, some remnant of the city's magics. The streets are clear of rubble and meticulously cleaned, and there are signs of restoration here and there. Straight ahead there is a light, flickering through a myriad of colors, dancing reflections off the buildings nearby. There is no sound, but clearly some kind of activity.

Kell_tamer
2013-04-11, 09:27 PM
The colossus marched forward fearless of what would assault them. He was a towering being of jade, what could truly harm him? His eyes dilated behind their covers to the essence cannons beneath them. His mighty arms ready to pummel whatever tried to stop them.

Myllinnia
2013-04-12, 02:11 AM
Nova frowns in her invisible state and slips forward after the colossus, her intent to learn about this light and activity. Now what do we have here, she wondered to herself. The construction, though seriously damaged, was interesting to examine, different at least from the major eight and the Pole of Crystal. As she moved she unfolded her wings ready to take to the sky should it be needed. With cannon in hand, and wings at the ready she would be ready to counter any of the threats that could come at her, assuming this Creation had beings that acted the same as those inside Autochthon.

Once at the buildings she takes to the sky in an attempt to locate the source of the light. Her silent movements should hide her as long as she did not fire.

novocane
2013-04-12, 05:55 AM
Entering the ruins, Silo's anticipation quickly waned as he discovered the constructs. Quick to observe his surroundings he observed the Adamant as she became invisible. It was good to see her take the proactive approach. His greatest source of interest was the source of the lights. With a bit of caution, he proceeded to follow the ominous lights all while curiously observing the structured around him. How curious, how surprisingly intricate these ruins were built. Clearly this was a place of high magic.

horus42
2013-04-12, 11:14 AM
Unafraid of what might lurk within the abandoned city, Spear boldly strides in, standing at the forefront of the group, gripping his Beamlance in hand. He looks as best he can through the mist, trying to see the source of the noises, and is ever vigilant for any sign of attack.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-12, 04:50 PM
As they come around the bend in the street, they are greeted with a wondrous and terrible sight. For half a mile, the buildings have been blasted and melted into utter ruin. The sky crackles with golden fire and streaks on lightning. Standing at the center of this perfect circle of devastation is a tower or gold, white marble and amber glass. Rotating slowly at it's peak is an orichalcum sphere, forged in the likeness of the sun. At the base are several massive doorways, each crowned with a different Solar caste mark. In the circle around the tower the air is foul and poisonous, the essence of the city trapped between life and death. But the tower itself is fully intact and unblemished, a monument to Meru's former splendor.

novocane
2013-04-13, 11:31 PM
The magnitude of the sight in front of them filled Silo with both wonderment and anxiety. This obviously powerful artifact above the strange tower could be dangerous, but probably useful. "Well...Does anybody have any comprehension as to what that is?" Said Silo dryly, "Either way, I suggest proceeding with extreme awareness"

horus42
2013-04-15, 09:05 AM
Spear nods in approval in Silo's direction. "That's an excellent idea. Komiko, why don't you send a copy in first, to scout the area?"

She nods and splits off a copy of herself again. The duplicate flies off towards the massive structure.

Obscurejones
2013-04-15, 12:53 PM
"...I'm not sure I can knock that down. It offends me to realize that."
It really does. Towers made of orhalicum? That's just... Well, it's cheating. It isn't fair to people who've invested a large portion of their life into smashing and rampaging. Like putting an invincible cake in front of a fat kid.

Rhyvurg
2013-04-18, 11:58 PM
Spear nods in approval in Silo's direction. "That's an excellent idea. Komiko, why don't you send a copy in first, to scout the area?"

She nods and splits off a copy of herself again. The duplicate flies off towards the massive structure.

The copy makes it forty yards into the cleared area before a random flare of essence vaporizes it.

Obscurejones
2013-04-19, 06:51 PM
Cringe. That looked less than fun. Glad we packed the second layer of armor.
"...Ouchie. Anyone need something to hide behind if that gets zappy as we approach? I do good large object."

Rhyvurg
2013-04-29, 02:37 AM
There's a sudden noise behind them. "What...What are you doing here? I didn't invite anyone over for tea! And what are you delinquents doing trying to vandalize the Temple? Just you wait until I tell Sol about this, just you...Oh now where is that boy when I need him?" Standing on a pile of rubble is an old man, dressed in what might have been magnificent white robes, his hair falling, or torn, out in clumps. His eyes are clearly inhuman, solid black with golden pupils, like distant suns in the night sky. As he turns to clamber down, you can see the grotesque protuberances of his vertebrae on the back of his neck. If he was human he's in a sorry state. If he's some manner of spirit, well, for all you know he looks great. He shuffles over to Silo, poking him in the gut with a bony finger. "You! Come out of there right now! Whatever has possessed you to think it's all right to take a warstrider out for a stroll? Childish little Terrestiral, you'll get your whole Brotherhood in hot water for this."

He starts to make his way among the group, stopping at Spear first. "You...are entirely to shiny. Who polishes their armor that much, honestly? It's an obsession with you isn't it son? Sounds like you need to take some time to meditate and reflect on what's important. Like shoes! Never can worry to much about shoes. Not sandals though, people who wear sandals can't be trusted, toes sticking out everywhere." He moves on to Magnus. "You reek of demons, boy! You'll never find a nice concubine with that stink hanging off you. And cut your hair!" Glowering now, he comes to The Doctor. "Finally! I have been waiting all day. Few doctors make housecalls anymore, the least you can do is be on time. Does this look infected to you?" He holds out his (oddly, considering his shoe rant) bare foot. Besides being skinny and pale, there appears to be nothing wrong.

Moving on, he comes to Nova. "You...you... Hmph. Carry on." He starts to shuffle away down the street, mumbling to himself about shoes and haircuts.

Myllinnia
2013-04-29, 02:44 AM
Nova blinks in surprise as he comes to her and then moves on. She almost wanted to cry, his insane babbling and all she got was a hmph, Carry on?! Well being invisible, ignored was part of her job description anyway. This shouldn't bother as much as it was.

"I could shoot him," she mutters softly to Spear. "He's clearly not all there, void tainted perhaps. Low aggressive strain?" She directs her attention to the Creation types, perhaps they would know about this insulting old man.

Astro_sol
2013-04-29, 10:17 AM
Magnus frowned at the black-eyed man. Creepy.

"Is it that bad?" He sniffed at an armpit. "I swear I washed this morning." He turned to the Doctor. "Doctor. Something is off with that man's head. I would suggest trying to fix him before I try my method." He cracked his knuckles menacingly.

Obscurejones
2013-05-05, 03:21 PM
"Is it weird to be offended that he didn't try to offend me? And I don't think he's tainted. Merely mad. Tragic really. Anyone mind if I eat him?"

Kell_tamer
2013-05-08, 02:06 PM
I do not understand this fascination with eating people. The colossus ignores the ramblings of the little crazy man, he turns to the lunar.

Is there a greater lack of food on this world than in ours?

Obscurejones
2013-05-08, 02:14 PM
Roklu cracks a fang filled grin. With an effort of will his body begins to warp and flow. Silver and skin pour down and then erupt upwards in a geyser of formless magic. By the time it lands on the Colossus's head it is a simple thrush, albeit one with a very shiny tiny suit of armor. Upon its arrival the thrush collapses anew, leaving Roklu in his usual human shape sitting on the shoulder.
"I eat their heart I eat their shape. But it only works on Animals for me. I'd have to study some more to eat anything weird or human. So, in the madman's case it's more of just having a taste for flesh at this point."

Rhyvurg
2013-05-08, 04:20 PM
In a flash of light, another being appears. His lower body is that of a snake, and his humanoid torso is armored in soulsteel. As he passes, ruined buildings start to come apart a little more. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my city?"

novocane
2013-05-08, 06:33 PM
Hmm. What a peculiar individual.. What a peculiar place.. Silo was dismissive of the old loon, but this new stranger peaked his interest. It was clear as day that the man was wearing Soulsteel armor and his demeanor seemed as cold and tough as his chestpiece. But who here had the authority to speak for the party, especially a party of conflicted interest. Still fresh in his mind, Silo was curious as to how this being came into possession of Soulsteel. Could he be one of these "Abyssals" that he had heard of? Hoping that the Doctor would speak up and explain the situation (since he seemed to have a better way of explaining things with neutrality than anyone else among the party), but his curiosity immediately led him to be inquisitive.

"Our being here is a matter of chance. I am Commander Silo. We are a group of different backgrounds and different goals. We bring no ill nature with us, but I must ask, what is that structure behind you, stranger?"