PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing my pathfinder char :)

laelaris
2013-02-20, 05:34 AM
So, this will be my 3rd campaign in pathfinder. My friends are all veterans so to speak but i wanted some extra input on optimizing my char. He is an Alchemist with the Vivisectionist archetype. We rolled for our stats and currently have it setup at str17 dex17 con16 int17 wis15 cha13. Yes, these are the base stats that i rolled :) Currently i have him as an orc, so +4 to str(21) with an ac of 18 and 11hp. With my alch mutagen i will also get the +4str -4int and +2 to AC and with orc being a favored alch class i get it for 20min per lvl instead of 10. Using a greataxe cause of orc weapon familiarity, and Vivisectionist get sneak atk :)
As i expect some travel, i took the Dayrunner race trait, Ferocity. Other Feats include Accelerated drinker and nobility (from 3.5? we were all given that) and dodge. So ya. Pretty crazy it seems like, but i don't know much about this game yet, so just wondering if i missed anything awesome or key. thanks!

Chained Birds
2013-02-20, 09:30 AM
Are you also taking the Beastmorph Archetype with Vivisectionist? It will eventually give you pounce, though it also gives you many other nifty options that come from being able to take fly speeds, swim speeds, and even burrow speeds; in addition to many utility powers like scent and (I believe) blindsense.

I don't quite agree with Orc, and would rather suggest Half-Orc (with the Toothy Trait and maybe Sacred Tattoo; though Ferocity is always good). I just feel the -2 to Will to a character with bad Will Saves and no way to boost it other than spells and items, seems like a potentially dangerous trade.

Maybe a Natural Weapon focused strategy might work better as Feral Mutagen gives you some Primary Claw attacks which would give you more DPS on a Full-Attack if you also have flanking for Sneak Attack Damage.