PDA

View Full Version : Humorous Zombie Adventure Idea?

silverwolfer
2013-02-20, 02:01 PM
So I have thought about creating a one shot adventure, that goes around the idea of Zombies that work in a magical factory and come back alive, and revolt against the conditions they are working in .

Thinking the players would be by default be necropoltian template, start at around level 1 or 2, keep it funny and pun based, with the only serious moments coming from combat or party decision making.

the backdrop I am thinking maybe a sort of Red Wizards of Thay, but being a magical dumping ground, have it ran by a incompantant apprentice or adepts, that only know charm and illusion spells who bribed their way to the position. So leaving the spell casters largely useless ((undead are immune :P )) , so that leaves a few peddling low yield damage spells, with various other monsters or human soldiers they would let the party fight against.

I would like to throw this as a sort of building idea to go from, and would like to hear suggestions, on what could be done to make this enjoyable , yet not let combat be a total breeze and lose interests during fighting phases.

Shining Wrath
2013-02-20, 02:27 PM
So the boss is an incompetent buffoon who achieved his position by nepotism or bribery - and the players are reanimated zombies?

Do they crave vengeance or escape? Or both?

silverwolfer
2013-02-20, 02:34 PM
outraged, so both .

killem2
2013-02-20, 03:03 PM
I remember in age of worms in the observatory Filge actaully has animated zombies come to life to serve him dinner and talk to him at the table.

I think the same thing could be on a much larger scale and maybe in that version the zombies won't be so nice :D

Shining Wrath
2013-02-20, 03:07 PM
outraged, so both .

Which leads to a question. Do these reanimated zombies recall their days as mindless undead?

silverwolfer
2013-02-20, 03:37 PM
Vague at best, enough to explain why they suddenly have any sort of magical powers or divine abilities.

The creation process would focus more towards the zombies attitude then backstory.

which part of age of worms was it? I only have the part where they go into the mining town and look over the various wind temple magic thingys

killem2
2013-02-20, 04:07 PM
Vague at best, enough to explain why they suddenly have any sort of magical powers or divine abilities.

The creation process would focus more towards the zombies attitude then backstory.

which part of age of worms was it? I only have the part where they go into the mining town and look over the various wind temple magic thingys

It was before that, when they went into the observatory there is a very very small section where if you sat at the head of the table the zombies would come to life :)

silverwolfer
2013-02-20, 04:25 PM
Then I have no clue, becuase the part I just described is the very starting point :P

killem2
2013-02-20, 05:31 PM
Then I have no clue, becuase the part I just described is the very starting point :P

My bad for some reason I thought you said the mines in the town, duh i'm stupid.

No this is after that, you find the bones of the little kid and he asks you to take them back to his house to find out they have been exhumed, turns out evil necromancer guy took them, and then you head to his place.

:smallredface:

navar100
2013-02-20, 07:09 PM
Have the BBEG be a druid and fight the party with all sorts of plants.

8wGremlin
2013-02-20, 07:25 PM
Have the BBEG be a druid and fight the party with all sorts of plants.

You had to didn't you.... I mean really....

silverwolfer
2013-02-20, 11:23 PM
-_- no -_-

Gildedragon
2013-02-21, 05:49 AM
Have limb-loss be a thing that happens more often but is not lethal or unfixable.

heads getting mixed up (swapping of physical ability scores)

have the PCs set an ambush

have them try to kidnap a cleric or necromancer to help with some ailment of improving of their abilities

Ravens_cry
2013-02-21, 07:01 AM
Eh, these sound more like some depictions of revenants (obviously sentient, but with no [or vague] memories of past life) as opposed to zombies.