PDA

View Full Version : If you could only be bit by one radioactive animal...

AvianMalkavian
2013-02-20, 03:50 PM
Which would it be? I've been thinking about this question all day. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, so my first thought was spider, but then I actually decided to give it some thought. Spiders are great and all, and they have some neat abilities, but what would be the most useful radioactive animal to be bit by to gain their powers? I'm curious as to what other people think, as well.

Personally, I'm leaning towards lizard. Going on the assumption that radioactive bites from any animal function similarly to radioactive spider bites, you wouldn't mutate as a result. You'd be mostly the same plus some nifty animal-related powers. If I got bit by a radioactive lizard, I'd have increased agility, wall crawling (sorta) abilities, and I could regrow lost or damaged limbs. Not to mention camouflage and a super tongue.

So, if you got to choose what radioactive animal you were bit by, what would it be? A radioactive kangaroo for super kicking? A radioactive pistol shrimp to be able to shoot explosive super hot bubbles? They've all got some sort of advantage I'd wager.

Well.. maybe not the Platypus.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-20, 03:54 PM
Hey! The platypus has a beaver tail and a bill!

Ant is a good choice. Basically super strength.

Cats of any kind pretty much just all-around enhance you, with increased senses, strength, and agility.

And there's always... Man-man! Does everything an average man can!

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-20, 05:02 PM
Octopus. Can squeeze through incredibly tiny spaces? Check. Fairly strong for its size? Check. Suction cups (think climbing up walls)? Check.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-20, 05:16 PM
Octopus. Can squeeze through incredibly tiny spaces? Check. Fairly strong for its size? Check. Suction cups (think climbing up walls)? Check.

Spidey didn't get webs. He made them because they fit his theme.

Howler Dagger
2013-02-20, 05:22 PM
Spidey didn't get webs. He made them because they fit his theme.

Depends on the author.

There are certain kinds of jellyfish I would go for that would give me immortality, but as many people in the past have pointed out that isn't always the best. Octopus is a good choice, but that might come with limited air breathing capacity.

Lord Seth
2013-02-20, 05:26 PM
Radioactive gorilla for super-strength.
Spidey didn't get webs. He made them because they fit his theme.Depends which continuity you're going by.

Tengu_temp
2013-02-20, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that in real life getting bit by a radioactive animal can only turn you into Sick From Radiation Poisoning Man.

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 05:28 PM
Radioactive gorilla for super-strength.

How on earth do you plan on getting bitten by a radioactive gorilla?
Yet alone just a gorilla?

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-20, 05:31 PM
How on earth do you plan on getting bitten by a radioactive gorilla?
Yet alone just a gorilla?

So octopus is fine, but gorilla is too unrealistic?

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 05:58 PM
So octopus is fine, but gorilla is too unrealistic?

It is possible to get bitten by an octopus, since it has a parrot-like beak. But I never heard of anybody getting bitten by an octopus. :smallconfused:

Kindablue
2013-02-20, 06:25 PM
You get double superpowers with radioactive wolfman.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-20, 08:02 PM
Radioactive bear, obviously! Or maybe radioactive shark... decisions, decisions......

I'll have to flip a radioactive coin I guess.... :smallamused::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Silverbit
2013-02-20, 08:03 PM
Radioactive Tarresque. The costume might be a little hard to make though.

shawnhcorey
2013-02-20, 08:05 PM
Bat: sonar + wings (may not be able to fly but can glide).

Armaius
2013-02-20, 08:09 PM
Hmm. Decisions, decisions. I'll say Hawk. Faster reflexes and agility, laser sharp sight and hearing.

Anarion
2013-02-20, 08:13 PM
I'd go with spider.

Spider-Man seems to consistently kick way more butt than he has any right to, beating villains that are much stronger than he is. Plus his power set looks pretty fun overall, and Spider sense would be super useful when I'm in a rush. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Falling
2013-02-20, 08:28 PM
Either shark, because who doesn't want several rows of teeth and sandpaper skin, or frog, because you can jump SUPER HIGH, as well as the fact that some frogs can throw up their stomachs to remove wasps and such... Or was that toads?

Starwulf
2013-02-20, 08:37 PM
Either shark, because who doesn't want several rows of teeth and sandpaper skin,

Don't forget the ability to smell a single drop of blood a mile away, even if it's diluted to like a billionth. Also the ability to sense the heart beat of anyone as well due to the ampullae of lorenzini. No bad guy could EVER hide from you, no matter how hard they tried. Invisible man? Psht, more like "I can detect you anytime, anywhere" man.

Elemental
2013-02-20, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that in real life getting bit by a radioactive animal can only turn you into Sick From Radiation Poisoning Man.

I don't know... How radioactive are we talking about? If it's so radioactive that being bitten causes illness, then I'd be very concerned about my health...

It is possible to get bitten by an octopus, since it has a parrot-like beak. But I never heard of anybody getting bitten by an octopus. :smallconfused:

Blue-Ringed Octopus. One of the most deadly marine animals that can kill a human in a few minutes and there is no antivenom. Plus, you'd likely be swimming at the time and thus drown because of the paralysis.
Don't get bitten by one of them, even if there is the possibility of super powers.
Yes... It can be found near Australia...

Anyway... If I could be bitten by one radioactive animal? Well... By technicality, all animals are mildly radioactive, so it's already happened multiple times... But still, I'd prefer to be bitten by a kitten. No risk of death or serious injury, and if I do somehow get powers, then it won't be too terrible.

warty goblin
2013-02-20, 09:01 PM
Hey! The platypus has a beaver tail and a bill!

Ant is a good choice. Basically super strength.

They are also reasonably poisonous, and their bill apparently can detect the electrical discharge of contracting muscles. Which is way more badass than a fast reaction time.

Now a plain old duck would be somewhat less useful. Even if you wanted the combination of flight, swimming and truly ridiculous walking, a goose or swan would be a better option. They can actually be fairly intimidating; while it is humanly impossible to be intimidated by a duck. Even when they're defending their nest, they kinda just hiss, get an introspective sort of look, and remember they've got a spatula instead of a nose. A goose in that situation will happily rearrange your face.

Or go with a pelican, and never have to bother with a backpack again! 'Cides, imagine the humilation you'd inflict on criminals when you delivered them to the police in your giant neck-pouch thing.

Snakes could be fairly cool, particularly those that can see into the infrared. You've got super-senses, can climb stuff, strike so fast it's literally proverbial, and poison stuff. Plus ready access to loads of excellent puns.

Traab
2013-02-20, 09:02 PM
RAT MAN! I would be the most disgusting super hero ever! I avoid getting lost by leaving a trail of urine wherever I go, I eat anything and everything, and can chew through just about any material. Also I would have an innate fear aura like a lich or something. Think about it, roughly 90% of all people will squeal like a little girl and RUN if they see a rat heading for them. FEAR AURA!

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-20, 09:26 PM
Wow, there are some good ideas here!

So now I'm up to bear, shark, snake, and I'll throw in alligator as possibilities. This is starting to look like my collection of Werewolf: The Apocalypse splatbooks.... :smallbiggrin:

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 09:27 PM
I don't know about being bitten by radioactive animals.

Personally, I would go with genetic engineering.

There is so much I could do with the powers of a cougar!

warty goblin
2013-02-20, 09:30 PM
RAT MAN! I would be the most disgusting super hero ever! I avoid getting lost by leaving a trail of urine wherever I go, I eat anything and everything, and can chew through just about any material. Also I would have an innate fear aura like a lich or something. Think about it, roughly 90% of all people will squeal like a little girl and RUN if they see a rat heading for them. FEAR AURA!

When I was six or eight, we had rats in the chicken coop. My response was to do chores with a four inch dagger in my egg bucket.

My upbringing may have been atypical.

Aurenthal
2013-02-20, 09:47 PM
Assuming that I won't suffer the usual consequences of being bit by a normal animal of that species, my answer would definitively be Komodo Dragon.
Just watch it for yourselves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoV-LVzAP1c

Astral Avenger
2013-02-20, 09:56 PM
silly people, you all missed the obvious supreme choice: Radioactive Superman.
Somehow I don't think I need to defend this option:smallbiggrin:

Hm.... if we're limited to real animals, i may have to go with husky/wolf/panther/hyena/lynx/giant otter. time to role a die to decide...

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-20, 09:59 PM
Blue-Ringed Octopus. One of the most deadly marine animals that can kill a human in a few minutes and there is no antivenom. Plus, you'd likely be swimming at the time and thus drown because of the paralysis.
Don't get bitten by one of them, even if there is the possibility of super powers.
Yes... It can be found near Australia...

Well, I'd hope the superpowers include the ability to breathe underwater and immunity to the poison... Maybe even the ability to use the poison. We are talking superheroes here, so making sense is barely relevant; it's all about rule of cool. :smallcool:

Australia does have the coolest poisonous animals. Australia and South America.

You know gorillas have teeth, right? :smallwink: I think being bitten by a gorilla would be fairly easy.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-20, 10:00 PM
Assuming that I won't suffer the usual consequences of being bit by a normal animal of that species, my answer would definitively be Komodo Dragon.
Just watch it for yourselves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoV-LVzAP1c

Komodo Dragon, Or, For the Best, A Radioactive....:smallamused: Iguana.
:smalltongue::smallcool: (Godzilla, For those who don't get it.)

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 10:06 PM
You know gorillas have teeth, right? :smallwink: I think being bitten by a gorilla would be fairly easy.

Again, why would a gorilla bite someone?

Traab
2013-02-20, 10:08 PM
Again, why would a gorilla bite someone?

Same reason anything would bite someone. An act of aggression, self defense, hunger, misunderstanding over what a "love bite" is, took you literally when you told him to bite you, etc.

Tectonic Robot
2013-02-20, 10:09 PM
Radioactive walrus, man.

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 10:10 PM
Same reason anything would bite someone. An act of aggression, self defense, hunger, misunderstanding over what a "love bite" is, took you literally when you told him to bite you, etc.

And yet again, I never heard of a gorilla biting a person before.

Traab
2013-02-20, 10:14 PM

KABOOM BABY! (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/03/20/400-pound-escapee-gorilla-bites-zookeeper-before-vet-subdues-it/) There, it happens, neener neener neener! :smallbiggrin:

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 10:16 PM
KABOOM BABY! (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/03/20/400-pound-escapee-gorilla-bites-zookeeper-before-vet-subdues-it/) There, it happens, neener neener neener! :smallbiggrin:

Is there anything that hasn't happened on this planet yet? :smallsigh:
(should I even ask?)

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-20, 10:18 PM
(should I even ask?)

Well, we've avoided an actual apocalypse for quite a while, although there are plenty of people that will assure you it's just around the corner. :smallamused:

I think it'd be much harder to be bitten by say, a sea sponge. I'm not sure what powers that would give you, actually. The ability to remain motionless?

Elemental
2013-02-20, 10:22 PM
Well, I'd hope the superpowers include the ability to breathe underwater and immunity to the poison... Maybe even the ability to use the poison. We are talking superheroes here, so making sense is barely relevant; it's all about rule of cool. :smallcool:

Australia does have the coolest poisonous animals. Australia and South America..

Venomous. And no we don't! That's the ocean! The ocean has the coolest venomous creatures!
Okay... Admittedly the ocean is a major selling point for tourism here, but you know what I mean!

(should I even ask?)

I haven't conquered Aquitaine.

I think it'd be much harder to be bitten by say, a sea sponge. I'm not sure what powers that would give you, actually. The ability to remain motionless?

The ability to filter tiny animals out of sea water?

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-20, 10:27 PM
Venomous. And no we don't! That's the ocean! The ocean has the coolest venomous creatures!
Okay... Admittedly the ocean is a major selling point for tourism here, but you know what I mean!

The ability to filter tiny animals out of sea water?

Bah, yes, although I think some animals are both...
Well, the ocean has a bunch of cool things. Especially cuttlefish. Hrm... radioactive cuttlefish. That'd be cool. You could be a walking lightshow.

I suppose it would be useful where potable water was hard to find. Hrm...

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 10:29 PM
Aha! But what about gaining the powers of an electric eel, or a poison dart frog?

How do you think you can get those powers without killing yourselves?

Wyntonian
2013-02-20, 10:30 PM
Maybe a squirrel, or a hippo.

Traab
2013-02-20, 10:30 PM
Whatever you do, dont pick a radioactive dolphin bite. The only powers you will get then are the abilities to rape and murder randomly and not get in trouble for it. Dolphins are evil!

On a more serious notw, I think a cat would be awesome. I am honestly not sure WHICH type of cat would be best. I mean, picking say, a lion would be nice for power and a good speed, cheetahs would be awesome for sprinting speeds and agility, a house cat would be pretty good for speed and agility too. Retractable claws would also be a huge plus.

shawnhcorey
2013-02-20, 10:39 PM
On a more serious notw, I think a cat would be awesome. I am honestly not sure WHICH type of cat would be best. I mean, picking say, a lion would be nice for power and a good speed, cheetahs would be awesome for sprinting speeds and agility, a house cat would be pretty good for speed and agility too. Retractable claws would also be a huge plus.

Lions are overrated. A tiger would be cool tho.

A bear would be great too. Eat anything and sleep the cold months away. :smallsmile:

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-20, 10:41 PM

Cheetahs are pretty fragile. Sure, they can run fast every once in a while, but they've pretty much got to catch and eat something when they do.

Lions are overrated. A tiger would be cool tho.

A bear would be great too. Eat anything and sleep the cold months away. :smallsmile:

Aye. Agreed on tigers.

Eat anything, huh? Radioactive goat. :smallamused:

Traab
2013-02-20, 10:46 PM
Cheetahs are pretty fragile. Sure, they can run fast every once in a while, but they've pretty much got to catch and eat something when they do.

Aye. Agreed on tigers.

Eat anything, huh? Radioactive goat. :smallamused:

Nope, get bitten by a radioactive bear, then eat a radioactive pig. BANG! Now I am ManBearPig!

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-20, 10:55 PM
There is so much I could do with the powers of a cougar!

Attract younger men? :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2013-02-20, 10:59 PM
Bat. Definitely bat. Then I could become some sort of Manbat or Batman, and there ain't no superhero like that! A completely original idea, by me, Dr.Epic, with a completely original screen name.

Drakeburn
2013-02-20, 11:07 PM
Attract younger men? :smallbiggrin:

Not that kind of cougar..... :smallannoyed:

Dr.Epic
2013-02-20, 11:12 PM

Really? That's the only thing wrong with this conversation: not the plausibility of a radioactive animal, or the fact it could transfer powers to you. It's the fact certain animals aren't known for biting people.

Yeah, I agree. That's the only major logical flaw in this whole thread.

:smallwink:
:smalltongue:

noparlpf
2013-02-20, 11:16 PM

Obviously it's fantasy and in the Marvel universe it works that way.

Blue-ringed octopuses bite people and those people die. Happens often enough to be a worry. I'm sure other kinds bite people occasionally too, dunno though.

Dr.Epic
2013-02-20, 11:19 PM
Blue-ringed octopuses bite people and those people die. Happens often enough to be a worry. I'm sure other kinds bite people occasionally too, dunno though.

So, not all of them die? Like, ever? They never die?!:smalleek: Being bitten by an octopus is the key to immortality!

Traab
2013-02-20, 11:25 PM
So, not all of them die? Like, ever? They never die?!:smalleek: Being bitten by an octopus is the key to immortality!

:smallconfused: The exact opposite Epic, they get bitten and they die. The secret to immortality is to never get bitten by this octopus. Thus living forever.

noparlpf
2013-02-20, 11:30 PM

What? I said, people bitten by blue-ringed octopuses die. All of them; there's no known antivenom yet.

warty goblin
2013-02-20, 11:52 PM
Ya'll thinking small.

1) Acquire fossil Tyrannosaur skeleton.

2) Apply radioactivity of your choice.

3) Stab self with skeleton's teeth.

4) I should have mentioned to do this outside, or at least in an aircraft hanger, but you went and did it in the living room, didn't you?

5) Well, you don't need a house now anyway.

6) That dog always did get on your nerves.

7) Yep, time to run for governor.

8) Somehow, after the first debate, you're running unopposed. Something to do with roaring, and all the other candidates running around like frightened rabbits.

9) Your innovative farm bill not only helps family farmers by subsidizing their tasty tasty triceratops herds, but has reduced the number of civilians you've devoured this year by almost 80%!

10) Your Presidential campaign - 'Devouring Terrorists; Strengthening America' -has swept the nation, landing you in the White House. Actually the White House lawn, because you just don't fit.

11) Give the Secret Service the next four years off. Tell all enemies they're welcome to have a go at you, but to drench themselves in A1 sauce first.

12) You face your greatest challenge when space Nazis invade with an army of bionic velociraptors; the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines are helpless against this new threat.

13) After leading a group of plucky and attractive Coast Guard cadets to an unlikely victory over the bio-raptors you head to New York to confront Adophasauros-Hitler.

14) You impale Adophasauros-Hitler on the Statue of Liberty, which explodes.

15) The entire nation shares a touching moment of grief as rescue workers find your battered and seemingly lifeless form amid the ruins of Lady Liberty. Your three sets of eyelids flicker open and you deliver a moving speech about the true meaning of freedom before being rushed to the nearest theropod trauma center, where you make a full recovery.

16) You retire the most beloved President in history. Your memoirs, entitled "A Patriotic Hunger; one dinosaur's story" breaks all sales records.

17) Get ready for the sequel, in which you conquer Mars.

Astral Avenger
2013-02-21, 12:14 AM
Radioactive walrus, man.

I AM THE WALRUS!!!! :smallbiggrin:
ok, I'll be good now...

Ya'll thinking small.

4) I should have mentioned to do this outside, or at least in an aircraft hanger, but you went and did it in the living room, didn't you?

8) Somehow, after the first debate, you're running unopposed. Something to do with roaring, and all the other candidates running around like frightened rabbits.

9) Your innovative farm bill not only helps family farmers by subsidizing their tasty tasty triceratops herds, but has reduced the number of civilians you've devoured this year by almost 80%!

10) Your Presidential campaign - 'Devouring Terrorists; Strengthening America' -has swept the nation, landing you in the White House. Actually the White House lawn, because you just don't fit.

11) Give the Secret Service the next four years off. Tell all enemies they're welcome to have a go at you, but to drench themselves in A1 sauce first.

12) You face your greatest challenge when space Nazis invade with an army of bionic velociraptors; the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines are helpless against this new threat.

13) After leading a group of plucky and attractive Coast Guard cadets to an unlikely victory over the bio-raptors you head to New York to confront Adophasauros-Hitler.

15) The entire nation shares a touching moment of grief as rescue workers find your battered and seemingly lifeless form amid the ruins of Lady Liberty. Your three sets of eyelids flicker open and you deliver a moving speech about the true meaning of freedom before being rushed to the nearest theropod trauma center, where you make a full recovery.

16) You retire the most beloved President in history. Your memoirs, entitled "A Patriotic Hunger; one dinosaur's story" breaks all sales records.

You Sir, Get a full internet for this.

Drakeburn
2013-02-21, 12:19 AM
Really? That's the only thing wrong with this conversation: not the plausibility of a radioactive animal, or the fact it could transfer powers to you. It's the fact certain animals aren't known for biting people.

Yeah, I agree. That's the only major logical flaw in this whole thread.

:smallwink:
:smalltongue:

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it as well.

And another flaw I just realized is if you can live to use those powers (since some of the animals listed are predators). You'll probably be dead in a matter of minutes.

Elemental
2013-02-21, 12:43 AM
What? I said, people bitten by blue-ringed octopuses die. All of them; there's no known antivenom yet.

Well... You can live if you get proper medical attention within minutes of being bitten. While the average blue-ringed octopus contains enough venom to kill twenty-six full grown adults in a few minutes, they don't necessarily inject that much at once. If you survive the first twenty-four hours, your body will eventually metabolise the Tetrodotoxin and you'll live.
However, seeing as one would have to be swimming to be bitten by one, the resulting paralysis would probably cause one to drown.

And another flaw I just realized is if you can live to use those powers (since some of the animals listed are predators). You'll probably be dead in a matter of minutes.

That's why I chose a kitten. All the potential of a full grown cat, but with a less painful bite.

Killer Angel
2013-02-21, 03:10 AM
RAT MAN!

Here you are (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TR1.jpg)! :smallbiggrin:

(yes, it's a parody)

Giggling Ghast
2013-02-21, 03:13 AM
I'm going to be bit by a bull and set myself up in a labyrinth. When people ask why, I'll say it's because it's ironic.

Can't … lift … arm … or speak … at normal rate …

Cespenar
2013-02-21, 04:15 AM
Sloth, of course.

My personality won't change too much, but I get claws.

Ravens_cry
2013-02-21, 04:27 AM
Well, we've avoided an actual apocalypse for quite a while, although there are plenty of people that will assure you it's just around the corner. :smallamused:

The Black Plague probably felt like, at best, a dry run for the real deal back in the day.

How about ultimate regeneration? Squeeze a sea sponge through a fine cloth and it will regenerate. You can even potentially clone yourself.

Giggling Ghast
2013-02-21, 04:39 AM
Sloth, of course.

My personality won't change too much, but I get claws.

And you only have to pee once a week!

Lentrax
2013-02-21, 04:47 AM
That's why I chose a kitten. All the potential of a full grown cat, but with a less painful bite.

Plus, all your powers would be so cute!

Lea Plath
2013-02-21, 04:50 AM
None of you get a choice. I'm gonna bite you all! ::::3

Giggling Ghast
2013-02-21, 06:03 AM

Promises, promises.

Ravens_cry
2013-02-21, 06:46 AM
As long as I don't have to buy glasses for all my new eyes, I'm actually cool with that.
Adding extra sleeves wouldn't be too big a deal since I know how to sew. All in all, those extra arms would come in . . .
*puts on four pairs of sunglasses*
Handy.

Yora
2013-02-21, 06:50 AM
Yeah. Metal Gear Solid showed how awesome that would be. :smallbiggrin:

Lea Plath
2013-02-21, 06:54 AM
They are actually tattoos, not eyes. Now.

*gnaws on Ravens_cry and Candle Jack's arms*

Ravens_cry
2013-02-21, 07:10 AM
They are actually tattoos, not eyes. Now.

*gnaws on Ravens_cry and Candle Jack's arms*
*sprouts four more arms*
Luckily, my avatar doesn't wear clothes.

Elemental
2013-02-21, 07:48 AM
Plus, all your powers would be so cute!

Indeed. And if people don't do what I want, I have the needle sharp teeth to back it up.

Traab
2013-02-21, 08:39 AM
Indeed. And if people don't do what I want, I have the needle sharp teeth to back it up.

Kittens are scary dangerous. Two of my most impressive scars are from kittens. Of course I tell everyone I was in a knife fight with a cyborg while in robo prison. Way more manly than, "The widdle kitten got scared and scwatched me!"

Holocron Coder
2013-02-21, 08:53 AM
I'm honestly surprised no one's answered this one yet.

Honey Badger.

Because obvious.

The Succubus
2013-02-21, 09:23 AM
I suspect this has already happened to me.

When I was very young, I was bright, intelligent and full of energy. I was a little demonic whirlwind...until that fateful day. I'd gone for a day trip to London with my folks and we'd decided to go to the zoo at Regents Park, where I saw them for the first time. Like a fool, I disregarded the sign saying not to feed the animals and and fed the branch between the bars of the cage. As though it were happening in slow motion, the Beast reached out with its long arms and starting chewing its way down the branch. It gently nibbled my hand and I remember giggling at the time, unaware of the radioactive venom scourging through my bloodstream.

The next day, my energy had vanished and I couldn't bring myself to stir from my bed, for you see, I had become...

Sloth Man.

...oh come on, it's as good an excuse as any other lazy swine will give you. =P

Morbis Meh
2013-02-21, 09:37 AM
Honey badger or Hippo, either you don't give $hit or no one will mess with you or a polar bear... then I could become the next spokesperson for coke!

Traab
2013-02-21, 10:04 AM
Hmm, polar bear, I am unsure of any benefit beyond increased strength, unless its the ability to survive in the north pole or something. :p Honey badger could be interesting. Im not sure if they are particularly strong, or just mind bendingly crazy angry. :smallbiggrin: Nah, honey badger could be cool, they are also strong diggers right? Could wind up with some interesting side effects.

Radioactive dung beetle! That way I could achieve my goal of some day becoming a politician!

shawnhcorey
2013-02-21, 10:11 AM
You could be an American badger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_badger). Just as mean but can live in cold climates.

Synovia
2013-02-21, 10:19 AM

Primates, in general, are very bitey.

Sholos
2013-02-21, 10:23 AM
Radioactive bear, obviously! Or maybe radioactive shark... decisions, decisions......
Jawesome.

Whatever you do, dont pick a radioactive dolphin bite. The only powers you will get then are the abilities to rape and murder randomly and not get in trouble for it. Dolphins are evil!

Jaguar. Ridiculously strong bite and just really strong in general. That'd be my pick.

Golden eagle might also be interesting. That thing will chase honey badgers off their food.

Drakeburn
2013-02-21, 10:56 AM
I would want the powers of an electric eel or a poison dart frog. But I'll have to get some genetically engineered DNA injected into me (once again, I don't think either of those two animals have ever bitten humans before).

But choices, choices, choices.......

The poisonous skin and great jumping ability of a poison dart frog........

Or the ability to generate 600 volts of electricity........

Ravens_cry
2013-02-21, 10:59 AM
I know I like Ravens and Corvids in general, but I like them because they are smart. Hmm, tiger would be cool, so I think I'll go with that.

Jay R
2013-02-21, 11:10 AM
A more interesting question is what would be the lamest animal to be bitten by.

Somewhere in the Marvel Universe is the Amazing Lightning-Bug-Man, who never figured out how to fight crime by lighting up in back.

The Amazing Hamster-Man holds extra food in his cheeks.

And finally, when trouble threatens, the Amazing Possum-Man rolls over and plays dead.

warty goblin
2013-02-21, 11:12 AM

Somewhere in the Marvel Universe is the Amazing Lightning-Bug-Man, who never figured out how to fight crime by lighting up in back.

The Amazing Hamster-Man holds extra food in his cheeks.

And finally, when trouble threatens, the Amazing Possum-Man rolls over and plays dead.

I'm sticking with duck on this one.

razark
2013-02-21, 11:34 AM
I was bitten by a radioactive file clerk. I now have amazing powers of alphabetization.

Eldan
2013-02-21, 11:51 AM
Tardigrade man!

Just try ot kill me. I dare you.

Edit: Sponge would be pretty cool too. You'd get half of Wolverine's power set: regeneration from a single cell.

shawnhcorey
2013-02-21, 11:53 AM

A tortoise. You get to live for over a hundred years but you live

very,

very

slow-

ly.

killer_monk
2013-02-21, 11:59 AM
Ya'll thinking small.

How are you people ignoring this? this is my first choice, course i'd of picked spinosaur from JP3, but it's mostly aesthetic. then i'd become king of the universe by following the above mentioned steps and killing Adophasauros-Hitler...

AvianMalkavian
2013-02-21, 12:03 PM

Well, the answer is that if you are bitten by a dangerous or poisonous animal, you immediately gain your superpowers. Thus, you can ward off the predator or, in the case of poison, become immune to it.

Traab
2013-02-21, 12:16 PM
I would want the powers of an electric eel or a poison dart frog. But I'll have to get some genetically engineered DNA injected into me (once again, I don't think either of those two animals have ever bitten humans before).

But choices, choices, choices.......

The poisonous skin and great jumping ability of a poison dart frog........

Or the ability to generate 600 volts of electricity........

Electric eels can bite too. You might have to bite the dart frog though. :smallbiggrin: Obviously the powers would make you immune to the poison, so you just have to survive long enough for them to kick in. No problem.

Cuthalion
2013-02-21, 12:22 PM
I'm liking some sort of cat, or, as Amidus mentioned, octopus.

Drakeburn
2013-02-21, 12:36 PM
Electric eels can bite too. You might have to bite the dart frog though. :smallbiggrin: Obviously the powers would make you immune to the poison, so you just have to survive long enough for them to kick in. No problem.

Then electric eel powers it is.

*gets the radioactive electric eel to bite me, giving me its powers*

Now lets see if anyone wants to take a bite out of me now. :smallamused:

But just out of curiosity, what creatures don't bite humans?

shawnhcorey
2013-02-21, 12:43 PM

Male mosquitoes: They don't have the mouth parts for it.

GnomeGninjas
2013-02-21, 12:50 PM
A tortoise. You get to live for over a hundred years but you live

very,

very

slow-

ly.
I don't see the problem with this. You wouldn't make an effective superhero but a long lifespan and a protective shell would be worth a speed decrease for non-crime fighting purposes.

Traab
2013-02-21, 12:59 PM
Then electric eel powers it is.

*gets the radioactive electric eel to bite me, giving me its powers*

Now lets see if anyone wants to take a bite out of me now. :smallamused:

Daddy long legs, their teeth cant penetrate our skin. House flies cant bite. Earth worms. Im sure there are a number of creatures that would bite but cant due to lack of teeth. Like frogs.

shawnhcorey
2013-02-21, 01:04 PM
Daddy long legs, their teeth cant penetrate our skin. House flies cant bite. Earth worms. Im sure there are a number of creatures that would bite but cant due to lack of teeth. Like frogs.

What do you mean frogs don't bite? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjL1S82geo)

Killer Angel
2013-02-21, 04:40 PM

I would avoid leeches...

Cuthalion
2013-02-21, 05:50 PM
The title of this thread did kinda confuse me for a moment... :smallamused:

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-21, 05:51 PM
I would avoid leeches...

But... you get to be a vampire!

Falling
2013-02-21, 06:47 PM
What about being bit by a radioactive talk show host? You'd then have the largest chin of all time.

Or maybe be bit by a radioactive professional runner, and become...

The Crimson Shin.

warty goblin
2013-02-21, 09:08 PM
How are you people ignoring this? this is my first choice, course i'd of picked spinosaur from JP3, but it's mostly aesthetic. then i'd become king of the universe by following the above mentioned steps and killing Adophasauros-Hitler...

If you don't impale Adophasauros-Hitler on the Statue of Liberty, then you hate freedom.

Killer Angel
2013-02-22, 02:50 AM
But... you get to be a vampire!

But the salt would kill me! Imagine all that insipid pasta...

Loreni333
2013-02-22, 03:28 AM
Radioactive vampire lizardfolk. Or locusts.

Because they are the definition of coolness.

Lamest Animal to be bitten by?
...Human? As mentioned, man-man, does everything an average man can do!
...Or maybe... actually, every other animal (except some human-like animals) would be amazing.

Asta Kask
2013-02-22, 08:47 AM
I second tardigrade. I'm fairly certain the proportional strength would be pretty awesome also.

Mx.Silver
2013-02-22, 09:48 AM
You do all realise that operating under spiderman rules you only gain the proportional strength of the animal that bites you, right?

The Hero Shrew has a fair amount to recommend it, I'd have thought. If the ridiculous durability wasn't enough (and it should be) there's also some enhanced senses, plus it's smaller than you so the proportional strength factor is working in your favour.

Or if you don't fancy heroics, the naked mole rat is basically immune to cancer and ages very slowly once it hits adulthood. Might pose some problems on the dental care front though.

Eldariel
2013-02-22, 10:16 AM
I'd go with a simple Tiger. Lean mean killing machine. Agile, strong, very good perception, all the good stuff. Bear is another cool option. I'm Finnish so naturally I should be Bearman.

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-22, 10:41 AM
You do all realise that operating under spiderman rules you only gain the proportional strength of the animal that bites you, right?

In that case, I'll take either an ant or a flea.

Lord Raziere
2013-02-22, 10:59 AM
some sort of big cat.

cause, cats.

shawnhcorey
2013-02-22, 11:03 AM
In that case, I'll take either an ant or a flea.

Or a bumblebee. Armour plating, great strength, can fly, can repeatedly sting. A nasty costumer. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 11:08 AM
Or a bumblebee. Armour plating, great strength, can fly, can repeatedly sting. A nasty costumer. :smallbiggrin:

...Bumblebee's can only sting once before they eviscerate themselves as their stinger pulls out. You want a wasp or a hornet sir multiple sting potential and they seem to have tougher exoskeletons not to mention they look much more intimidating.

killer_monk
2013-02-22, 11:19 AM
If you don't impale Adophasauros-Hitler on the Statue of Liberty, then you hate freedom.

Precisely why the above mentioned steps have to be follow to a "T". pun intended.

Also, i could bite through practically anything and my only weakness would be death by giant asteroid. which would be a lot harder to pull off than most other super-heroes' weaknesses. like kryptonite, cause it's apparently pretty easy to get. Also, i'd have everybody else's super-powers after i ate them. so i wouldn't have a weakness.

yeeeaaa...

shawnhcorey
2013-02-22, 11:37 AM
...Bumblebee's can only sting once before they eviscerate themselves as their stinger pulls out. You want a wasp or a hornet sir multiple sting potential and they seem to have tougher exoskeletons not to mention they look much more intimidating.

That's a honeybee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeybee#Defense). Bumblebees can sting multiple times (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee#Sting).

Asta Kask
2013-02-22, 11:49 AM
Leopard slugs have a penis that comes out of their forehead. I'm just sayin'.

Eldan
2013-02-22, 11:52 AM
If you want crazy snail powers, go for one that shoots sperm covered bone darts.

Elemental
2013-02-22, 12:12 PM
Precisely why the above mentioned steps have to be follow to a "T". pun intended.

Also, i could bite through practically anything and my only weakness would be death by giant asteroid. which would be a lot harder to pull off than most other super-heroes' weaknesses. like kryptonite, cause it's apparently pretty easy to get. Also, i'd have everybody else's super-powers after i ate them. so i wouldn't have a weakness.

yeeeaaa...

Wait a second... If powers are transmitted by bite, wouldn't it that mean that any of your enemies you bite who somehow manage to survive would gain all your powers?

shawnhcorey
2013-02-22, 01:37 PM
Leopard slugs have a penis that comes out of their forehead. I'm just sayin'.

Which would mean everyone would call you a **** head. No thanks. :smallyuk:

TheEmerged
2013-02-22, 03:03 PM
Silly people, you all missed the obvious supreme choice: Radioactive Superman.
Somehow I don't think I need to defend this option:smallbiggrin:

A fan of Bad Guy High (http://www.drunkduck.com/Bad_Guy_High/4772019/)*, perhaps?

*Comic series linked to was not always work safe.

Loreni333
2013-02-23, 01:05 AM
Oh my god I thought of the best animal to be bitten by ever.
Squirrel.
Because this I'd my favorite superhero.
http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2012/12/17/marvel-monday/squirrelgirl/

Domino Quartz
2013-02-23, 02:50 AM
Cat (for agility, strength, jump height, speed, and enhanced senses), Ant (for strength) or Electric Eel (Shock and Awe (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShockAndAwe) super powers).

killer_monk
2013-02-23, 01:59 PM
Wait a second... If powers are transmitted by bite, wouldn't it that mean that any of your enemies you bite who somehow manage to survive would gain all your powers?

Most super-heroes create their own nemesis through a series of accidents anyways, so it's kinda inevitable.

Asta Kask
2013-02-23, 02:17 PM
Cat (for agility, strength, jump height, speed, and enhanced senses)

The inability to stand closed doors would be a drawback though.

noparlpf
2013-02-23, 02:54 PM
The inability to stand closed doors would be a drawback though.

But you're still part human. You have thumbs. Closed doors no longer stand in your way! You can be a hero among cats!

shawnhcorey
2013-02-23, 03:05 PM
But you're still part human. You have thumbs. Closed doors no longer stand in your way! You can be a hero among cats!

But you can work can openers too. You'll be a GOD!

TaiLiu
2013-02-23, 03:09 PM
...Daddy long legs...

:smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions#Biology)

According to urban legend, the daddy longlegs spider (Pholcus phalangioides) is the most venomous spider in the world, but the shape of their mandibles leaves them unable to bite humans, rendering them harmless to our species. In reality, they can indeed pierce human skin, though the tiny amount of venom they carry causes only a mild burning sensation for a few seconds.[171] In addition, there is also confusion regarding the use of the name daddy longlegs, because harvestmen (order Opiliones, which are arachnids, but not spiders) and crane flies (which are insects) are also known as daddy longlegs, and share the misconception of being venomous.

Traab
2013-02-24, 12:24 PM
Mythbusters talked to some experts, basically, theoretically a daddylong legs can pierce skin, but only at the very thinnest parts, otherwise they cant even get all the way through it. Their fangs are very VERY tiny.

Asta Kask
2013-02-24, 12:31 PM

But you can work can openers too. You'll be a GOD!

If I was a cat superhero I'd find myself a human superhero to attach myself to and let him do all the work.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-02-24, 07:14 PM
Tasmanian devil, so I can turn into a whirlwhild that can burrow through solid stone.

Yup. I see no problems with this.

D_Man_7733
2013-02-24, 07:45 PM
I would get a Radioactve ant to bite a radioactive hummingbird, to bite a radioactive platypus, which would bite a radioactvie electric eel which will bite me... I will be "The Great Buzz". Able to sense muscles, lift 10 times my weight, fly, and electricute people... AWESOME.