PDA

View Full Version : For Tsukiko fans

Red Lantern
2013-02-20, 06:12 PM
If you're a fan of the Tsukiko character you might want to watch "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and chrome".

Without spoiling anything, I think Tsukiko fans will like it.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-20, 07:49 PM
What the heck? Admittedly, I am not a BSG fan, but from what I've seen of it I cannot imagine what it could possibly have in common with Tsukiko. :smallconfused:

Incom
2013-02-20, 07:57 PM
For those of us who aren't BSG fans, perhaps a simple spoiler box is in order?

Seriously, thread's kinda pointless if you're not gonna tell us what it has to do with OOTS.

Lamech
2013-02-20, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I watched all the Youtube clips and I still have no idea what he is about...

Red Lantern
2013-02-20, 08:30 PM
I fraking can't believe someone saw blood and chrome and doesn't see what I meant here but so be it.

the woman in B&C was a cylon sympathizer who believed the cylons were just misunderstood and actually respected life more than humans . all they needed was understanding and sympathy to change their ways. in sum, she was basically a tsukiko type character who had a fixation on the cylons instead of the dead.

she met an end as tragic as tsukiko's. I couldn't help seeing her as another tsukiko.

Blue1005
2013-02-21, 07:19 AM
I fail to see the reference.

Red Lantern
2013-02-21, 08:05 AM
I can't make it any clearer.

Boci
2013-02-21, 08:21 AM
That's not really Tsukiko though. She didn't believe undead valued life more than humans, and she didn't believe they needed to change their ways. Her attachment to the undead was driven by lust and, most liekly, insanity. If you want to try reading deeper you could try to find parental themes in her dealing with the undead, maternal to the weights and seeing, or wishing there were, paternal qualities with Xykon.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-21, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Tsukiko didn't want or believe that undead could "change their ways." She like undead the way they were. The only difference between Tsukiko and a sane person is that she believed the undead had fully developed feelings and could form meaningful relationships with living beings.

Onyavar
2013-02-21, 06:51 PM
If you're a fan of the Tsukiko character you might want to watch "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and chrome".

Without spoiling anything, I think Tsukiko fans will like it.

Both a BSG and OotS fan, and I concur with the others who already pointed out some differences between the two stories.

Also, there are different reasons for being a "Tsukiko fan":
For example, liking her unbalanced character abilities, from a powergamer PoV.
Or hoping that she would eventually see the error in her ways (she didn't).
Or wanting to see more comedy revolving around Tsukiko+Xykon, likely to include puns and delusions (won't happen now).
Or shipping Tsukiko and Xykon in fan stories (gross, imho).
Or fans who share her opinions/feelings, raping corpses in their local graveyards... (er... no comment)

(Well, I'm not much of a Tsukiko fan anyway, my fav chars are Roy, V and Redcloak. My avatar, you ask? Huh, that's actually the cute opposite of Tsukiko.)

Red Lantern
2013-02-22, 12:03 AM
So I guess the bit with tsukiko thinking she could get xykon to love her wasn't about her thinking she could change him. Likewise wondering why her wights or whatever didn't love her as they were killing her didn't mean she had false ideas about them.

FujinAkari
2013-02-22, 12:40 AM
So I guess the bit with tsukiko thinking she could get xykon to love her wasn't about her thinking she could change him. Likewise wondering why her wights or whatever didn't love her as they were killing her didn't mean she had false ideas about them.

Nope!

Tsukiko is a very different concept, from the sound of things.

Red Lantern
2013-02-22, 12:57 AM
Nope!

Tsukiko is a very different concept, from the sound of things.

Do you even know what we're talking about?

Math_Mage
2013-02-22, 01:29 AM
Just because there are some obvious differences between Tsukiko and the lady from BSG doesn't mean there aren't some obvious similarities as well. I think Red Lantern is getting unfairly panned here.

FujinAkari
2013-02-22, 01:49 AM
Do you even know what we're talking about?

I do, and I find your accusation-in-the-form-of-a-question disrespectful.

Just because there are some obvious differences between Tsukiko and the lady from BSG doesn't mean there aren't some obvious similarities as well. I think Red Lantern is getting unfairly panned here.

No one said there weren't similarities, what was claimed was that fans of Tsukiko would not automatically appreciate or empathize with the woman in Blood and Chrome, due to the many differences between the two women that speak to the core of their characterizations.

Math_Mage
2013-02-22, 02:18 AM
No one said there weren't similarities, what was claimed was that fans of Tsukiko would not automatically appreciate or empathize with the woman in Blood and Chrome, due to the many differences between the two women that speak to the core of their characterizations.

Well...

What the heck? Admittedly, I am not a BSG fan, but from what I've seen of it I cannot imagine what it could possibly have in common with Tsukiko. :smallconfused:

I'm pretty sure I watched all the Youtube clips and I still have no idea what he is about...

I fail to see the reference.

Though it's true that Red Lantern hasn't exactly been careful with his words, and jumps to some conclusions.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-22, 08:03 PM
I honestly didn't know what he was talking about. I've seen maybe half the show, but none of the TV specials/movies/mini-series that also came out. However, based on the themes and characters I've seen on BSG, I really couldn't imagine a Tsukiko-like character or situation occuring. Having heard more details, I still think it's a bit of a stretch.

Red Lantern
2013-02-23, 07:54 AM
I honestly didn't know what he was talking about. I've seen maybe half the show, but none of the TV specials/movies/mini-series that also came out. However, based on the themes and characters I've seen on BSG, I really couldn't imagine a Tsukiko-like character or situation occuring. Having heard more details, I still think it's a bit of a stretch.

So you haven't seen the show I'm talking about. Ok, then you don't know.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-23, 08:35 AM
Sorry if my original post in the thread was not clear. I DID say I was not really a BSG fan.