PDA

View Full Version : Prerequistes for Dragonborn

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 07:34 PM
Are there any prerequistes to becoming a dragonborn or can any character do it?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-20, 07:37 PM
Non-evil, Int 3+, 100 gp (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b) is pretty much it.

Ravenica
2013-02-20, 07:38 PM
Must not be opposed to shouting :smalltongue:

Gildedragon
2013-02-20, 07:40 PM
Must not be opposed to shouting :smalltongue:

Dragonborn wizard with a thing for Powerword X and Truespeech focus spells?

Ravenica
2013-02-20, 07:45 PM
Dragonborn wizard with a thing for Powerword X and Truespeech focus spells?
only if he carries 50 apples and a loaf of bread, stopping mid battle for a snack

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 07:53 PM
Non-evil, Int 3+, 100 gp (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b) is pretty much it.
Damn. That makes my idea of a red dragon dragonborn as a way to reduce LA much harder. Though a creature could be of any alignment, so that opens it more than expected.

Greenish
2013-02-20, 07:58 PM
Damn. That makes my idea of a red dragon dragonborn as a way to reduce LA much harder. Though a creature could be of any alignment, so that opens it more than expected.Dragonborn is +0 LA. It doesn't increase your LA, but it doesn't reduce it either.

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 07:59 PM
Dragonborn is +0 LA. It doesn't increase your LA, but it doesn't reduce it either.

I know, but I'd think its reasonable to lower the LA of some creatures where it would make them significantly weaker.

Greenish
2013-02-20, 08:01 PM
I know, but I'd think its reasonable to lower the LA of some creatures where it would make them significantly weaker.If you're homebrewing it, why not just reduce the LA?

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 08:04 PM
If you're homebrewing it, why not just reduce the LA?

I needed to see if it was even possible to have a Red Dragon Dragonborn before asking for lower LA.

andromax
2013-02-20, 09:13 PM
You're a minion of Bahamut, and I don't believe you become any type of dragon really. Of course you could home brew it as you see fit, as other dragons would have probably started their own versions of dragonborn (it being so popular and all) had 3.5 still been printing these days.

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 09:16 PM
You're a minion of Bahamut, and I don't believe you become any type of dragon really. Of course you could home brew it as you see fit, as other dragons would have probably started their own versions of dragonborn (it being so popular and all) had 3.5 still been printing these days.

No, not a person becoming a Red Dragon Dragonborn. I mean a Red Dragon becoming a Dragonborn, losing a decent portion of their power so I can have a lower LA.

Vaz
2013-02-20, 09:19 PM
Only way i know of lowering LA is Incarnate construct.

Milo v3
2013-02-20, 09:20 PM
Only way i know of lowering LA is Incarnate construct.

The lowering LA would be houseruled.

JaronK
2013-02-21, 03:55 AM
IIRC, only non dragons can become Dragonborn. The only reason Dragonwrought Dragonborn Kobold works is because you chose feats after race.

JaronK

Shadroth
2013-02-21, 08:06 AM
IIRC, only non dragons can become Dragonborn. The only reason Dragonwrought Dragonborn Kobold works is because you chose feats after race.

JaronK

Except that you can't begin play as a Dragonborn, its a ritual you have to undertake.

So since character creation requires you to take the Dragonwrought feat at level one, even if you somehow had 100gp at character creation, you would still be unable to perform the ritual because your type is already Dragon.

andromax
2013-02-21, 06:58 PM
Except that you can't begin play as a Dragonborn, its a ritual you have to undertake.

So since character creation requires you to take the Dragonwrought feat at level one, even if you somehow had 100gp at character creation, you would still be unable to perform the ritual because your type is already Dragon.

You retain any type you already had, becoming a dragonborn, and gain the dragonblood subtype. Nothing in the prereqs or prevents a dragon or a dragon wrought from becoming a dragon born before play or at level 1.

lunar2
2013-02-21, 07:07 PM
"Prerequisites: In order to be accepted as a suitable candidate, the supplicant must be non-evil and have an Intelligence score of at least 3."

no type restrictions in the rules text. a non-evil red dragon could become a dragonborn, but they would be very stupid to do so.