PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Necrocleric

Acanous
2013-02-20, 11:33 PM
I'm building a Cleric for an ongoing campaign, and decided I'd like to play Neutral Human, with a penchant for Necromancy.

The last time I played a Cleric, it was in 3.5, a C/N who folowed the God of roads, and had every single luck feat.

So the playstyle is obviously going to be very different.
I'm coming in at lv 6, and the DM has approved blowing WBL to come in with undead minions (Humanoid or Animal only, Zombies or Skeletons only)

I'm on 25 Pathfinder Point-buy.
Stat Array:
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 20
CHA 12
The Human +2 goes into Wis, of course, from base 18.

Now, this is the DM's first game, so I don't want to come in over-powered and throwing my divine weight around. For that reason, I've gone more of a defensive role, which I've written in to his background and made the whole thing make sense.
I don't want to intentionally GIMP myself, however, in case the party needs to roll out some bigger guns.

Cleric of: Sarenrae
Archetype: Separatist. Domains: Undeath, Ressurrection
Granted Powers: Rebuke Death, Death's Kiss
Level: 6
Feats: Armor Prof. Heavy, Tower Shield Prof., Craft Wonderous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Skills:
Craft Armor: +10
Knowledge: Religeon: +10
Sense Motive: +14
Spellcraft: +10

Starting gold: 16,000

Self-Crafted Gear (1/3rd cost)

Masterwork Mithral Full Plate: 1650
Masterwork Living Steel Tower Shield: 180

Cost: 610 GP

Enchanting (1/2 cost)

Amulet of Natural Armor +2 4000
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 4000
Armor: +2 4000
Shield +2 4000
Weapon +2 8000
Pearl of Power (1st) 1000

Cost: 13310 GP

Purchased Gear (Regular price)

Masterwork Consecrated Morningstar: 458
Sanctified Shield 100
Golden Holy Symbol 100
Holy Text, Extravagant 100
Carriage 100
Bathtub, Collapsable 15
Cot 1
Blanket 0.5
Soap (2) 0.02
Heatstone 20
Grooming Kit 1
Artisan's Tools, Common (Craft: Armor) 5
Artisan's Tools, Common (Spellcraft) 5
Mess Kit 2
Cleric's Vestiments 5
Artisan's outfit 1
Traveller's outfit 1
Explorer's outfit (Free)
Basket 0.4
Cost: 914.92 GP

Created undead: Two Skeleton Horses (100 GP) and one Skeleton coachman (25 GP)

AC: Base 10, Dex +2, Full plate +11, Tower Shield +6, Profane Bonus +1, Natural Armor +2 =32
HP: 37
BAB: 4
{table=head]Save|Base|Ability|total
Fort|5|1|6
Ref|2|1|3
Will|5|5|10[/table]
Weapon is +1 Consecrated Merciful Morningstar.
1040.08 GP left to spend.

Spells!
{table=head]Level|Base|Ability|Domain|Total
0| 4|0|0|4
1| 3|2|1|6
2| 3|1|1|5
3| 2|1|1|4[/table]

Spells:
0: Stabilize, Virtue, Purify Food and Drink, Light
1: Bless, Diagnose Disease, Divine Favor, Remove Sickness, Decompose Corpse, D: Cure Light Wounds
2: Admonishing Ray, Blessing of Courage and Life, Bull's Strength, Effortless Armor, D: Ghoul Touch
3: Create Food and Water, Bestow Curse, Channel Vigor, D: Animate Dead

I'm being restricted to "Pathfinder Core", which means no races/setting/adventure path books, but the Ultimate X books are in.

Alienist
2013-02-20, 11:44 PM
Undead Lord cleric archetype.

Also consider the various bits and bobs they put out at the pathfinder convention. There's a prestige class which is fairly obviously intended to be the best 'lord of the horde'

If you're level 5 you've got access to animate dead, if you're level 3 you've got access to lesser animate dead, which is essentially the same thing (limited to only making one undead critter at a time and also no templates)

The undead lord gets a free minion, like a familiar (eg if it dies it comes back), but smellier. Might want to put some points into disguise.

Since you get access to the spells yourself, your cost for animating them is going to be the silver for the desecration and the onyx. There ought to be plenty left over.

In eberron players had to buy passports to be able to get around without harassment. Normally this is a pita but with undead minions you can just present their papers and you're good to go.

Kirgoth
2013-02-20, 11:55 PM
Not sure if all these feats will be OK in your campaign

Cloistered Cleric
Domains: Scalykind and Spider
Undead: Rebuke/command

Divine energy Focus + Improved Turning (Turn as Level +3) L9, command up to 36HD of up to 4HD undead, spiders and snakes/lizards. So spider swarms, giant spiders, large undead and mabee shadows, lots of poisonous snakes and constrictors. All easily replacable. Reeeeally creapy. Zombiees with snakes crawling out of them etc.

Swap out Knowledge domain for ACF granting necro spells (heaps of nice ones from wizard list list)

Leadership feat for some living followers to do the work requiring some smarts and good looks, and a bit more variety in spells.

Tanuki Tales
2013-02-21, 12:03 AM
Not sure if all these feats will be OK in your campaign

Cloistered Cleric
Domains: Scalykind and Spider
Undead: Rebuke/command

Where are you getting a Spider domain from?

Acanous
2013-02-21, 12:22 AM
Thing the First: Cloistered Clerics (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/cloistered-cleric) only get one domain, and diminished spellcasting (and lose armor prof)
...Really, I think Paizo just did this to throw in a trap option that 3.5 players would walk into 0.o
Thing the Second: There is no Spider domain (Or Insect, Vermin, Arachnid...)

Scalykind domain doesn't seem to be a help, whatsoever :/

Undead Lord looks like a decent thing, the Corpse Companion and loss of a domain makes me think "Anti-Druid". Free Maximize/Empower on all my Inflict spells and abilities when healing undead is nice. Means I only pick the one domain, though.
(Undeath domain was pretty much a given, the spells there are really good and also thematic)

Finally: Is it me, or do ALL the archetypes Change or eliminate Domains, meaning clerics cannot take more than one archetype- the end?