PDA

View Full Version : Riverine, or aurorum? A quarterstaff quandary.

Rubik
2013-02-21, 02:42 AM
Okay, I have a seriously overpowered character with all its stats in the 11-12,000's (with Cha being the lowest, at 11,831, and Str being the highest, at 12,716). Realistically speaking (realism? what's that?) any weapon made from any mundane materials I use will basically dissolve if used to attack something at full power, especially if Power Attack is involved.

I have an elvencraft bow of the wintermoon and a pair of heavily enhanced gauntlets in my repertoire of weaponry (among others), and I was wondering what the best material to make them out of would be.

Should I use riverine, which is made from compressed water between two mobile Walls of Force? It's dispellable and disjoinable, and falls to a sphere of annihilation (but what doesn't?), but is otherwise indestructible.

On the other hand, I could use aurorum, which isn't permanently dispellable, though it does fall to the other things mentioned. It's not indestructible, but if it does shatter when I hit something, I can just put it back together again.

Is there some way to encase an aurorum weapon in riverine? Or is there some other material that could be more useful, with the strengths of both and without the weaknesses of either?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 03:53 AM
What about a Force Bow?

Cicciograna
2013-02-21, 04:04 AM
Go unarmed. Weapon damage is meaningless when one has a score of 12716 to str.

Rubik
2013-02-21, 04:34 AM
Go unarmed. Weapon damage is meaningless when one has a score of 12716 to str.There are all sorts of nice special effects for weapons, though (see: ghost touch). Plus it's hard to get ranged unarmed attacks. Not impossible, but I don't want to spend levels on monk. That, and I've always enjoyed watching katas with certain weapons, such as the quarterstaff and meteor hammer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SxPO6nwQvxY#t=275s)

Plus, there are a number of interesting tricks you can pull with spells and whatnot that don't affect unarmed strikes and natural weapons, though I have both of those as well.

What about a Force Bow?Those fire arrows of force, rather than being made of force.