PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for last Charakter [special campaign]

Siltharon
2013-02-21, 06:45 AM
Hey guys how you all doing.
So I was thinking about the last charakter I want to build for a very special campaign me and two friends are about to start and just couldn't set my mind on something, so I thought I ask my fellow Giants for some ideas or concepts.

First of all the general Informations (please read):
-We are 3 players including 1 rotating dm (meaning 1 person dms for 1-3 sessions and then we swap) .... not so special yet? Gets better!

-Each player creates 1 main charakter and 2 twinks (all starting level 3). Every time a new mission or adventure starts you can pick your charakter. Either you take your main or on charakter from all the twinks (effectively a pool of 6). Players are encouraged to swap between different Charakters.

-Setting is very China-like with an addition of Rokugan in some parts of the country (the Shadowlands exist and there are some provinces Japan-themed).

-we are all part of a small group centered around Master Wang who found an organization to protect the emperor and the country. Members I'll describe below. This means everyone has to have a reason to stay there and has to be at least neutral with a touch of good (Master Wang himself is NG).

-Missions will contain a lot of social interactions, finding people and political affairs but also fighting. This said it ist supbar to build a fighter who can't do anything else.

-We emphazise roleplaying (that a lot) and style over power. Meaning I use some subpar feats or powers to accomplish building a nice build (look section below). We still try to build strong charakters since those (and lets be honest about that) are just more fun.

Things you should no about rules:
>everything I think is appropriate is allowed (we have a very strong gentlemans agreement though and I won't try to break the game in any way)
>2 flaws (is what we came up with)
>skilltricks can be used out and IN combat 1/10R

Charakters (NPC and PC):
>NPC
-Master Wang _ male old human Shaman 12/Monk 1 (NPC)
-Xiaomei _ female young human Erudite 6 (NPC)
-2 low level Experts with very nice personalities but not important for stats now
-I used Kitsune from PF and removed the Dex bonus

>PC main
-male young human cloistered cleric going for sacred exorcist ... also using Dmm but in general more a caster-cleric. Strong ancestor connections on this one. (Player 1 main)
-male young Otherworldly Illumian Shadowcaster/Mage going for Noctumancer ... has able learner and focuses more on sneaking around and stealthcasting, while also being a generalist (very style focused this one ... but hey ... still fullcaster)
-female young Kitsune Monk 1 / Psion(Nomad) 2 (Kung Fu Genius) .... going to take Abjurant Champion (psioni) later .... focusing on some first level social powers and later on battlefield control and some blasting (EK Energy Missile ... duh)

>PC twink
-male middle aged human Factotum with Samurai flavour (using Katana, gets Imperious Command, but is more agent-like ... used to be in the secret police ..... imagine him as a hardy and disciplined man) (Player 1 twink 1)
-some kind of Rogue ... probably Psyrogue (also Player 1 but hasn't built the Charakter yet, so I don't really know / twink 2)
-male young Changeling Rogue (ACF) / Spellthief / Swordsage ... dex figther / socializer / later spellthief with Master Spellthief ... going for Chameleon (more an overall char .... Player 2 / twink1)
-male young Daelkyr Halfblood cloistered cleric .... going for Walker in the Waste. Using Dmm and Mutations. (probably our strongest char .... Player 2 / twink 2)
-male young Maenad Swordsage 2 / Psywar 1 ..... Strength focused Swordsage build (unarmed variant) with 2 level dip into Psywar (to get Knock-Down at Level 4) ... probably later one 4 Level into Warblade for bab 16 and some Iron Heart maneuver (my twink 1)

My thoughts:
>Well up to now we have: 2 wisdom focused (clerics), 1 strength focused (Ss), 3 int focused (Fact, Noct, Psion), 2 dex focused (both rogues I guess ... the Cham. is more a generalist though)
>Maybe a charisma based charakter? I mean sure some of our chars have good charisma (in fact most have higher than 12) but noone is really Charisma focused
>the build should add more variety over all .... including race (whatever you suggest ... no human. ... we already have so many and I never play them anyways) and if you have nice ideas on how he interacts with other ppl than that would be a great thing too ..

So here you go. Thank you for helping me out on this one in advance. Feel free to post builds you had great fun with or you think would fit our campaign. :smallsmile: