PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding: Luck of Persistance?

Krazzman
2013-02-21, 10:25 AM
Hello again Playground,

after my last thread I started in the mentioned campaign. I am "playready" but still have no feats and I was thinking about a few routes I could go.

Now I play a rather young Human Chaotic Good Cleric of Tymora from Sembia.
His chosen Domains are Travel and Luck.
His Array is: 16 14 16 14 16 15 (Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha).
I plan on getting a Warlock Level at level 3, to take Improved Armored Caster and to qualify for Eldritch Disciple. I am not clear if I can take Eldritch Glaive as an Invocation.

With the stuff from Sembia starting equipment he has 450 Gold to spend on first level. From which are 15 Gold Spend for a Standard Adventurer Kit, and a Spade and a Holy Symbol. A Morningstar, Heavy Wooden Shield and a MW Banded Mail (6AC, max dex 2 medium armor). Are his equipment at the moment. I can still switch a few things out since I had to help another guy and had to start without having spend my money... and haven't allocated my feats. We play with some sort of critical fumble system for everything (magic being volatile and such things) and I think we will advance in levels rather slowly.

Now the Question is: Should I take Extend and Persistant Spell as my first level feats or should I go for Travel Devotion and Luck Feats? DMM, Persistance seems to be a waste because it comes online too late. But about Luckfeats, albeit fitting rather well (and rerolling 1s is good all the time when playing with fumbles) I have gotten the impression that they are... underwhelming.

I hope you can help me further with this character. Any advice will be appreciated.