PDA

View Full Version : Grandpre Academy - Rikard[4E]

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 01:24 PM
This thread is used by Arq Kujos as private dicussion, personnal skill check result and solo part of the game.

Item Wish list (2013-09-27)
Level 6 Horned Helmet
Level 8 Gauntlets of the Ram
Level 9 Endless Canteen
Level 10 Diamond Cincture
Level 10 Strikebacks
Level 10 Handy Haversack
Level 15 Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Hal’ithermastil skull

Heah gear.

Proprety :
This helmet can containt 3 differents enchants. Each enchant must be made for an head gear. Enchabnt magic item, disenchant magic item or transfert enchant can be use to alterate the enchants slots, but the skull itself cannot be altered

Proprety :
Thinking of a destination Hal’ithermastil already went to, you know the way the dragon knew to get there.

Enchant 1 :Goggles of Night
Level 14
This eyewear provides you with darkvision.
Item Slot: Head 21,000 gp
Property: Gain darkvision.
Enchant 2 : Horned Helm
Level 6+
This horned helmet increases the damage you deal when making
a charge attack.
Lvl 16 45,000 gp
Item Slot: Head
Property: you charge attack deals 2d6 extra damage.
Enchant 3 : Empty

Power : You can chage which enchant is active with a minor action.

Power : You, and only you, can remove the helmet using a standard action.

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 01:27 PM
From Last PM with Arq.
background

Rikard is something of a knight errant. With his family's holdings all but burnt to the ground, all Rikard has left is a barely operational ore mine, a mostly ruined keep and city named Rocville in the mountains name The Stony Beard ("La Barbe de Roc" on the map). Rikard is in charge of maintaining the struggling little hamlet around his mine and in charge of keeping the humans and dwarves there from starving to death. Rikard is a proud man, and he knows that in time he can restore his family's old lands back to their former glory, especially if he can get the mind going again.

Rikard knows that the only way to keep his family's lands prosperous is to earn the money it will take to restore it. To do so, he has decided to sign up as a mercenary with the Empire, hoping to earn a decent enough living taking high risk jobs and earning enough money to help get the mine up and running again. Once the mine is operational, he is confident that the rest of the hamlet will be saved.

However, Rikard's decision to become a wandering mercenary is also a partially selfish decision. After his battles, limited though they were, he feels a warrior's call urging him. It is part of his blood, his heritage, and he desires a chance to prove himself as a warrior and to make his name known. His dwarven and human ancestors both taught him many skills and techniques to fight, and he wants the chance to use them.

Family History Background

Long ago, in the far mountains of The Stony Beard, back when there was barely an empire to begin with, a group of clanless dwarves settled into the mountains, trading ore and metal to the human sheep herders in the area for food and wool. Together, both groups prospered, and eventually, they came to live together in a place called Rocville. Together, they prospered, and soon, the dwarves and humans started to enter marry. Before long, many dwarves had human sons, but they were massive, powerful lads that made even the dwarves proud. As the dwarves slowly died out or moved on, the new race of humans remained, marked even today by their massive size and strength.

Rikard's father died on the field beside High Lord Arnish, leaving only his mother and he, a young lad of 12. Rikard continued to train in his father's honor as a knight, wielding a hammer made after the famous one wielded by his dwarven ancestors. Rikard's family slowly lost everything as the Tyrant King Alan stole his family's mine for his own use, killing all who resisted, and basically turned his mother into the bride of the new local regent in the area. When the rebellion came, Rikard personally led the men of the mine, now little better than slaves, against the arrogant guards, slaying and killing the regent with the help of other revolutionaries. Now in charge of his ancestral lands again, Rikard now quests to earn the money he needs to restore the mine and to help revive the village.

Personality

Rikard is truly the son of a noble with the heritage of a Dwarf. He is fierce, stubborn, blunt, and arrogant. He does not waste time on pretty words that have little meaning, and he does not pretend to like someone he does not like. Rikard is above all else, under penalty of death, not a liar. Rikard feels little shame in what he does. He knows he is right in all he does, and once he assumes that position, nothing in the world can shake him from it. Regardless of danger, cost, or advice against, Rikard will do what he says he will do. Rikard hates to be indebted to someone for any reason. He is proud, but his heritage comes from human and dwarven miners, so he is not above hard work when the time calls for it. He will stubbornly do all he can to repay his debt, and he never takes charity if he can help it. Noble or not, Rikard always pays his own way. However, for all his stubbornness, Rikard is an unforgiving ally. He takes attacks against his comrades more seriously than he does against himself, which is very seriously. He would give his horse to add someone in need, and he always makes sure assist those who need help, be it with money for an inn or to carry an extra burden. After all, it is expected of one so noble as he.

Rikard is not cruel and he does not abide by cruelty. He does not cheat because it is beneath one of his skill. He does not sneak against his foes because his talents are lessened by such cheap tricks. He is always honest and he is always fair. Friendly he may not be, but a good friend he is.

Rikard is and always will be noble. His status as a noble is very important to him, and he strives to maintain it if at all possible. He shaves daily, keeping his thick beard at bay. He keeps his reddish brown hair semi short, but not cropped off. He polishes his armor daily as best as he can, and his mood always seems to darken when his armor is rusty or tarnished. He keeps a massive hammer at his side, one so large it is impressive that it can be heft with one hand, much less wielded. He has a grim look about him, as if he is always preparing for something bad to happen. He rarely smiles, and is often seen with a look of moderate contempt on his face. However, his nobility and pride are rock solid, as ageless as the mountains and harder than stone. He carries himself like a hero in a story, which can be grating to allies until it is he who is standing between them and the monsters of old.

Also, I have a question. I made a theme for him to use that I felt boosted the defender role a lot better than any other class I've seen. I'd permission to use it, but if you say no, that is fine too. I just have to change a feat.

Knight Exemplar

Theme: Knight Exemplar
Starting Feature
The world rests on dangerous times. Dragons fly high above the clouds while large hordes of uncaring monsters gather unopposed. The common folk are helpless to stand against the growing, ever unrelenting onslaught of doom, but you are not. As a Knight Exemplar, you are a shining symbol of heroism and safety in a dark world. The people look at you and see their one hope for survival, and they revere you.
Knight Exemplars are the wall that keeps the elements of chaos out of the lives of the average citizen. Training daily for years, these knights focus hard on mastering their physical and their mental strength. By doing so, they gather up armor to shelter them against the brunt of the attacks of those they are sworn to stop.
Benefit: As a Knight Exemplar, you gain the armor proficiency feat of your choice, but you must meet all requirements of this feat.
In addition, you gain the Exemplar’ Denial power.
Exemplar’s Denial Knight Exemplar Attack
You remind your foe of why it must go through you to harm those you protect.
Encounter F Martial
Free Action
Trigger: You hit a creature with an opportunity attack.
Effect: The target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Additional Features
Level 5 Feature
You stand as an iron gate against the rush of chaos. Your trials have made your body hard and your mind harder. Evil knows that your mere gaze is their doom, and word of your unwavering devotion strikes fear in the hearts of all who stand on the opposite side of you.
Benefit: You gain a +2 power bonus to Endurance checks and Intimidate checks.
Level 10 Feature
Years of practicing self-discipline and temperance have made you exceptionally healthy, both physically and morally. You withstand assaults on your mind or body better than others who don’t ask as much from themselves.
Benefit: You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws.

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 02:34 PM
Ok, I made some correction in red in the above.
Check out the map in the first OOC post, under found document spoiler. You're hometown is in the north-west cover (name in bracket is the french name on the map... check out the mountains)

As for the theme, it is alright. I only changed one thing, the action type for one of your feature... as you cannot use a minor action when you use an opportunity action (see your trigger). It must be an free action in that case.

The brackground is fine by me. The personnality may be a little strong there, but is alright. Just be careful not to come out too extreme and make the others hate your character from the start :smallwink:

Here is my addition to link your background to link this in the story (you are level 6 after all).
Rocville, being so far north, and with it slavery and tyran experience, turned down an association with Torres to be under their protection, making it completly independant. It even turned down an offer to join Huville and L'Oeilnoire as being protected by Pifville, prefering to keep complete control.

After some adventures in the north, Rikard got enough money to start the mines again. But since it have been shut down for quite some time now, most of your old clients found new provider for their ore needs.
Rikard, witha few of his mens, found a few new clients in the northen cities, but not enough for him. He've gone around most of the cities around the Ter'Yav forest, which all are under Torres protection and these already are supplied by the capital. After checking his option, Rikard and his crew decided to buy passage on a boat at Fenris and get to the southern independant city of Bord-Eau, hoping he'd be able to make some buisness association there. He knows that Bord-Eau is independant and that he might find some buyers for his ore there.

Once they landed, they found out that the city have been attacked by some goblin army and is truely struggling for survival. He quickly found out that the goblins stole the city food and are keepiong them under some sort of virtual siege. While the enemies isnt surrounding the city, enemies keep patrolling the forest to the east, and keep going around the land sacking farms. He tryed to search for buisness, but quickly found out that as long as the city is in trouble, he wont find any real buisness for his town here. Since the boats are all forced in dock right now and the only land path is blocked by enemies, Rikard decided to help the city, in hope to maybe forge some contact and alliance for later, and to possibly make some money.

He found out that the city is offering reward for enemies left ears (Goblins, orc, ogres and the like) and for any stolen food retreived from the goblins armies. So Rikard and his mens decide to go out in the forest and to look for goblin camps, hoping to find some food. They fought a few goblin patrolls near the city, but decided to go deeper in the forest, looking for goblin camp, where they probably store the stolen food. You have been searching the forest for a few days, then you end up hearign some goblin horns nearby....

The way I plan to make you enter the game is actually simple. The players are about to start some battle, which will result in multiple weaves of enemies. During the battle (not sure at which point yet, so you have time still to reprare), you and your group - a few Dwarves and humans soldier will join the battle to help them.

How does this sound to you? Good enough?

The character should be made with regular point buy.
You can take a theme (the one you made is fine).
You can take a background in the builder, but it must work with the one you wrote (I can choose for you if you dont have access to it).
You start the game with regular loot for your level (1 item level 7, 1 item level 6, 1 item level 5 and 1000 gold to spend. You can have any basic equipement (costing 10 GP or less ) for free as long as you dont abuse this.

Any questions?

Arq Kujos
2013-02-21, 02:48 PM
I have a character sheet right here.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=386020

I'll speak in Red if it is available. If not, I'll go for something else that is rough and dwarven.

I choose Warsmith for my background, because being raised around dwarves in a mine makes sense that they would train him as a smith.

His personality is very strong, but he isn't foolish nor is he ungrateful. He'll probably end up being friendlier than he normally starts campaigns because he'll have a chance to forge a bond of friendship with them thanks to battle.

I'm working on the magic items, so ignore any on the sheet until I actually post them here in this thread.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-21, 02:50 PM
Can I have a level 4 item and make up the 160 gold cost difference by adding it to my personal account? I want these items, by the way.

Avalanche Hammer Lvl 4
Enchanted with the essence of an earth elemental, this hammer strikes foes like an avalanche.
Lvl 4 840 gp +1
Weapon: Hammer
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d10 per plus, and the target is knocked prone.
Property: When you charge an enemy and hit with a melee basic attack using this weapon, the attack deals 1[W] extra damage.

Dwarven Armor Level 7
Crafted by the finest dwarf armorsmiths, this armor was once only available to dwarves, though now some armorsmiths will create a set for whoever can pay the price.
Lvl 7 +2 2,600 gp
Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
Enhancement: AC
Property: Gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus.
Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Free Action. Regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge.

Iron Armbands of Power Level 6
These plate armbands enhance the damage you dole out.
Lvl 6 1,800 gp
Item Slot: Arms
Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to melee damage rolls.
Level 16: +4 item bonus.
Level 26: +6 item bonus.

I'll start buying stuff once I have approval on the money from the weapon.

1000 gold

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 02:56 PM
Sure, no problem.

Also, you may want to make an ITEM wish list once your character is done.
I use them build my treasure (to give me idea of what you really want).

You should makea list of 10 items of various level up to level 15 (dont only take high level stuff, so Ican award lower level loot as well... or you wont see much of what you want until higher level)..

Arq Kujos
2013-02-21, 03:34 PM
Ok. I'll work on the list this weekend. I doubt it will be time for me to come out until after this weekend.

Also, as a warsmith, I can forge things for the party if we need, so feel free to let me know if anything can be made.

So, gold is 1160.

Badge of the Berserker level 2
This Dwarven Relic is favored by warriors unafraid to charge the enemy and take the fight to them. (Reflavored)
Lvl 2 +1 520 gp
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
Property: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke opportunity attacks.

640 gp

Boots of Adept Charging Level 2
Rushing in is less dangerous in these studded leather boots.
Item Slot: Feet 520 gp
Property: After charging, you can shift 1 square before your turn ends.

120 gp

Adventurer's Kit 15 gp

105 gp

50 ft. Silk Rope 10 gp

95 gp

Tent 10 gp

85 gp

Writing Tools (Ink, Parchment, Quills) 5 gp

80 gp

Item Wish List:
I'm not done with it yet, but here are some lower level items.
Level 6 Horned Helmet
Level 8 Gauntlets of the Ram
Level 9 Endless Canteen
Level 10 Diamond Cincture
Level 10 Strikebacks
Level 10 Handy Haversack
Level 15 Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Any other various wondrous items of any level are always fun.

And any upgrades of my current equipment.

Finished

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 04:02 PM
Everything look fine(I did not check your sheet yet though).

Also, if you have a image of what your chracter look like, I'll make an icon for Maptoll from it (at worst, a siple face would be ok)

Arq Kujos
2013-02-22, 04:30 PM
How does this work? :smalltongue:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/083/e/7/warhammer_knight_by_nicopower5000-d4ttuif.jpg

Arq Kujos
2013-02-22, 04:32 PM
Will there be any more intelligent artifacts in the game? I honestly miss Greenbane. He made me think a lot more about my actions.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 11:59 AM
Image is alright.

As for intelligent items... we will see.

When you are done working your character, I'd need you too complete this spoiler (I use these informations for my combat)

Rikard :
Initiative :
HP :
Surge value :
Surge/day :
AC:
Fortitude :
Reflex :
Will :
Resist :
Passive Perception:
Passive insight :
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) :
Default Action when players unavailable : (This can be an attack or simply going on Delay)
Laguages :

Arq Kujos
2013-02-23, 12:31 PM
Rikard :
Initiative : +6
HP : 61
Surge value : 15
Surge/day : 14
AC: 26
Fortitude : 20
Reflex : 17
Will : 16
Resist : 0
Passive Perception: 15
Passive insight : 15
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +11, 1w+9, Push the enemy 2 Squares (Due to Bludgeon Expertise and Shield Push)
Default Action when players unavailable : Crushing Surge on closest Enemy. Charge that enemy if possible. If Crushing Surge, make sure to add my Con Score in Temporary Hit Points to my Hp, and add my Con Score in Temporary Hit Points again due to the power being Invigorating. These Temporary Hit Points Stack, and stack with all other Temporary Hit Points I gain.
Languages : Common, Dwarven

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 12:42 PM
Note that I am playing with the updates.
The battlerager temp HP rules changed with errata.

Battlerager Vigor
Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points normally granted by the power. You gain the hit points only after the attack is resolved.
If you use an invigorating fighter attack power and miss every target with it, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks whenever you have temporary hit points. This bonus increases to +2 if you’re wielding an axe, a hammer, a mace, or a pick

THP dont stack anymore for the battlerager.
Still, when you use an invigorating power, and hit, you will gain Twice your CON THP as the first paragraph mention (CON fro Battlerager, +CON for Invigorating), but it wont add up with what ever remaining THP you have (you get the highest total only).

Arq Kujos
2013-02-23, 12:53 PM
Note that I am playing with the updates.
The battlerager temp HP rules changed with errata.

Battlerager Vigor
Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points normally granted by the power. You gain the hit points only after the attack is resolved.
If you use an invigorating fighter attack power and miss every target with it, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks whenever you have temporary hit points. This bonus increases to +2 if you’re wielding an axe, a hammer, a mace, or a pick

THP dont stack anymore for the battlerager.
Still, when you use an invigorating power, and hit, you will gain Twice your CON THP as the first paragraph mention (CON fro Battlerager, +CON for Invigorating), but it wont add up with what ever remaining THP you have (you get the highest total only).

They removed this line from the official errata? :smallconfused:

When you gain temporary hit points by hitting with an attack that has the invigorating keyword, those temporary hit points stack with any other temporary hit points you already have.

That completely and totally sucks. :smallfurious:

I wish I had access to the official errata. Sadly, I don't.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 01:28 PM
Yeah they did.

I do beleive they did that becasue it was too abusive and powerful (balance).

You can change your character still if you dont want to play with this.

You also can have the errata BTW (I dont think it require subcription)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/updatesarchive.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-23, 01:31 PM
In all honesty, I think they nerfed it enough when the limited it to whenever I make a hit on an enemy, but its still powerful enough that I'll stick with it. I will always gain at least 3-6(depending on level) THPs, and I'll be taking some feats to keep boosting it up. In the end, it will be a fine addition to the party. I'm not the ONLY defender, so I doubt I'll take all the damage all the time.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I do beleive it is still a good build. :smallsmile:

Arq Kujos
2013-02-23, 01:48 PM
That is a BIG encounter. Now you've wet my appetite for destruction. I can't wait to start swinging through these goblins.

Also, are these soldiers I'm with my allies who work for me or soldiers from Fort-Du-Col or Bord-Eau?

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 01:59 PM
They are the mens you brought with you from your own town.

There is three archers and three fighters.
They will be minions for the combat purpose (they are low level, which I represent here as minions, but the fighter can take two hit). That situation is temporary BTW and for the purpose of this battle.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-23, 02:03 PM
I was just making sure so I'd know how to rp burying them when they died this battle. Hopefully none, but if a few, I'll have a good reason to send the rest back so we can bury the bodies. Also, I plan to speak a lot of dwarven in character. I'll leave the translations here for you.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 02:19 PM
You stil have time to prepare, you will enter only during the second wave of battle... you'll see what I mean soon.

I doubt this will be before at least wenesday... but who knows.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 02:07 PM
Ok, you entry is settled now.

The second wave got triggered by Ashe (he got really unlucky).

So you will enter at the start of round 4 (they are starting round 2).

I guess you already are following it, but if you arent, you may wanna do so you know what is happening.
I am unsure from where I'll make you enter, but I think it will be from the east side.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-25, 04:34 PM
I was almost afraid they would kill everything and then I wouldn't get to come in. :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-02-25, 08:04 PM
Do I get a cool mount too? Or am I going to have to sprint in plate mail? If the answer is no, the you are a bad man and have clearly never had to sprint in plate mail before. I can personally attest that it sucks.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-25, 10:24 PM
This wait is killing me. Are you sure I can't come in during round 3? :smallredface:

Dekkah
2013-02-26, 07:17 AM
Nah sorry, you dont have a mount.
A little patience, I want the other to be a little afraid... round four is actually even a little fast, but I dont want you to wait too much lol.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-26, 02:26 PM
Well, you should feel secure that at least I am so excited for this game and excited for a chance to play again. :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-02-27, 01:46 PM
So, I am going to come in from the East, correct? With my soldiers? I wonder where that means I'm going to start. :smallconfused:

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 02:08 PM
Ok, you can roll your ini.

Story wise, you spotted the first patroll a few minutes ago from afar. You saw the two hobgoblins (Antione and Monique in disguise - you have no idea though lol) meet with them and talk. Since the terrain was flat with not much cover, you decided to wait for them to move first. when they started to move south, you've also gone south parallel to them and out of sight (except one of your archer who kept an eye on them) waiting to get to an area with either lot of vegetation or hill to get closer and possibly set an ambush.

Once the goblin rached the heroes ambush area, you and your mens startedt o move toward the small hill as fast as possible hoping to get quickly close to them to engage in combat in the hills. You did hear the start of battle as you ran toward the hills from the east. Then you spoted 2 goblin flee north followed by an hobgoblin (Monique), who turned back and headed south once you all heard the horn being blow south-west.

You've heard some people speak in common (voice you'd say are humans more than goblins) say a few things (you've heard Bolerum last IC comment clearly).

So at then end of round 3 you arrive between the 3 hills (note that you dont see much throught the fallen tree - block line of sight - so you dont see the dead goblin on the other side). You dont see much because of terrain of what is happening west yet becasue of the hills/bushes, but you may have spoted a few goblins head (so you know they are there) and you heard Bolerum speak so you know where he is.

Here is a map of where yuou will start round 4
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9957/ambushsitelarge.jpg

I realise that it mostly means you will have to double move for the first round, but you'll be able to describe yourself and possibly talk.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 09:24 AM
Riokard's ini [roll0]
Soldiers ini [roll1]

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 09:43 AM
Ok, you will play after Antione take his turn (I'll add you to the ini roaster then).

NOte that DGC 1 does see you after all (he move atop the hill - check out the newest map) and that you can see him as well.

You can use the map I gave you above to see where you are.... I forgot my USB key home... so I cannot easyly give you a up to date map.

Note that you are in K25 on the map... We dont see your icon because of the other names, but that is where you are.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:01 AM
OK, Antione played his turn here is the newest map so you can play your turn.

Note that Antione hit HDS 1 (he is heavyly bloodied) and missed the mount (so the mount isnt slowed anymore.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9957/ambushsitelarge.jpg

Posting a desciption of yourself can be a good idea if you move in sight of the others :)

You can also post in OOC now too :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:04 AM
Oppsss. I forgot... Bolerum is on Delay... you'll have to wait after his turn then.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:29 AM
OK, now it is your turn... Bolerum played his... he is in I-1... so you can post Ic and OOC now (I'll wait for you to reply now).

Kepp in mind that the mushes count as difficult terrain during your movement.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 10:37 AM
I can't post a turn right now, but I'll have it by this afternoon. Works is really time consuming right now.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:38 AM
NP. I'll wait :smallwink:

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 01:36 PM
What's my actual position? I can't tell where I am with all the other NPCs around me.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 01:59 PM
You are in K25 on the map.
Note that the bushes in front of you count as difficult terrain (and grant Concealment).

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 02:27 PM
Apparently they grant concealment from me too! :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 02:44 PM
Of course, if you are behind or in it relatively to the enemy, he gets -2 to attack you with melee or ranged (which is the concealment penalty)

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 02:53 PM
I'm going to be using the Warhammer Khazlid for my dwarven. Here's a helpful wiki to help you out with what I say.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Khazalid

Also, running gives me a +2 to movement speed, right? So double moving would give me a +14, and allow me to move to P11? I'm trying to make sure I move my correct amount before I post.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:00 PM
Yes, running give a +2 to speed, but also make you grant CA and your get -5 to attacks rolls USNT (Until the start of your next turn).

THe -5 seem harsh, but since you probably wont attack anyway before the start of your next turn (unless an enemy grant an OA (Opportunity attack) or that someone else grant you an attack (Monique havea few of these, but i doubt she would grat it to you - as she dont know you).

Also, I'd appreciate if you would submit to the IC post form we all use.

There is many things, but what I really want is simply that you put your character name on the first line (In bold is even better) so I know what character is speaking.

Use spoiler for crunch stuff, rolls, out of character information and the like.
That is mainly so the text you see is mostly In character stuff (naration/description of action and speach).

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:10 PM
And yeah, P11 is a square you can reach.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 03:19 PM
IC Post is up. Tell me what you think of it.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:20 PM
Cool naration.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 03:28 PM
Thanks. Let's hope the others like him.

I like my Mul because he's like playing a dwarf in a human body. Lots of honor, valor, and stubbornness.

Grobi means goblin, fyi. Urk means orc, and Ogri means Ogre. Expect to see a lot of dwarven mixed into his speech.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:28 PM
It's ok, I'll manage (or ask in doubt) lol.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-01, 01:19 PM
I'm probably gonna have to double run again if I want to make it to the goblins before they hit my allies.

Dekkah
2013-03-02, 01:53 PM
It is your turn now. I know you plan to double move, but i'll let you post it ic since you also have an action point and may want to use that..

Arq Kujos
2013-03-11, 03:30 PM
I wanted to post this in my thread instead of the main thread.

I agree with what Leewei is saying. Its not that we don't know what they can do that is truly bothersome, but the fact that we aren't treated the same way. The enemies do seem to know what we plan to do, or at least are able to make incredibly good guesses about our abilities.

And yes, if we succeed on a knowledge check, we should have a pretty good picture of what is going on. If you want to keep the game secretive, then split the knowledge checks into more categories.

Example: We see a goblin warrior with a spear and shield.
DC 10: We know he is a warrior of some kind, trained in spear and shield tactics like pushing and sliding.

DC 15: We know that he is trained to keep enemies away from allies and focused on him. He is usually part of a 5-10 man unit that fights as one.

DC 20: This is when things like auras, predicting enemy abilities, and other specific abilities would come in.

I've not played for a long period of time, but the aura effect was unfair. It wasn't clearly stated when it happened nor was there really a chance for us to learn and figure this out. Remember, its our job as defenders to protect the party, but if you build encounters around defeating our role specific abilities, then you are just asking for a total party kill.

Dekkah
2013-03-11, 07:15 PM
Out of curiosity and so I see exactly what I need to tone down, can you please tell me what my monster did in this battle that they should not had?

I ask you mostly because you tell me I am unfair, but also because you just joined so you dont have all those other previous battle in mind. Dont worry, I wont get pissed or anything, I really want to adjust so the player have more fun here... and one way to do it is to see what i do wrong.

TO be honest, I am actually analysing my monster action that I remember for the last few round and I dont see any ballant disrecspect for my monster knowledge VS DM knowledge.

Two thing I can answer right now that affect you directly are :
The restrained usage. A melee fighter (that is obivous to everyone) is incoming, I have a power that will immobilise him, I' will use it on him and if I succeed, I'll order my fighter to gang on the others.

And about the shift during your turn/cannot use your fighter challenge... well that was not deliberate. I was simply using my monster basic ability to shift when missed to break being flanked. I actually was about to post that you needed to do your basic melee free atack from the mark until I realise it was your own turn and it would not trigger. And he did not shift on his turn because as I stated before, trying to keep your engaged in melee (so you dont all rush at the leader) is basic strategy.

And for the aura, I did say when it happened in post 586.
In naration, paragraph 5, two first sentences.

Once Bolerum is beside the archer group, the goblin beside him work toggether she repel the paladin a good five feet away. From their midst, one shot an arrow at the paladin hurting him a little.

In the cruch, as quoted bellow,

GAG 1 :
Start of turn : Aura 1, At the start of GAG 1 turn, all enemies in the aura are pushed 1 square and take 5 damages (Bolerum ->`N-17)
I also added the aura line in the monster status of the monster.
The only thing I forgot is to add a mention of it on the map.
So I dont see why it is unclean when it happened.
On the other hand I'll concede (as i did OOC to Bolerum) that I probably did not produce enough information on his knowledge check.

About me building thing to defeat defender abilities, I wonder why think that. GAG is one monster among many others in that fight. And the restraining power is one of my monster ability to defend himself (he is a controller). To be honest, I was expecting your to draw a javelin or some ranged weapon and to attack an enemy... you know you mark on ranged attack too right (even when you miss). That would had given the monster a choice (move to you or take -2 to attack rolls). I admit that it would not have been optimal, but being hit by a controller usually make you less that optiomal (see my slowed monster as an exemple)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-11, 08:03 PM
So I dont see why it is unclean when it happened.
On the other hand I'll concede (as i did OOC to Bolerum) that I probably did not produce enough information on his knowledge check.

The "surprise", and I use that term loosely, activation of monster effects after the knowledge checks is mostly what I was talking about. I didn't make a roll, which I probably should have done, so I'm not entitled to say it was unfair to me, but if they made a check and passed it, its not fair to "surprise" the party with monster effects without any heads up. That was my only point. We depend on what you say because it is your world. So, if we make a check and are supposed to succeed and then have more surprise stuff thrown at us that we SHOULD have known due to knowledge checks, then that isn't fair. If we don't make the check, like me, then its all fair game. I'm not mad that I got immobilized. That's a fair tactic. It sucks for me, but its not unfair.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-11, 08:04 PM
And by no means am I mad or anything. I posted here to talk things out in private because I didn't want the OOC to become a place where we get mad at you. As a fellow DM, I've had that happen and it sucks.

Just wanted to say that overall, your game is awesome and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-11, 08:06 PM
About me building thing to defeat defender abilities, I wonder why think that. GAG is one monster among many others in that fight. And the restraining power is one of my monster ability to defend himself (he is a controller). To be honest, I was expecting your to draw a javelin or some ranged weapon and to attack an enemy... you know you mark on ranged attack too right (even when you miss). That would had given the monster a choice (move to you or take -2 to attack rolls). I admit that it would not have been optimal, but being hit by a controller usually make you less that optiomal (see my slowed monster as an exemple)

I concede that I probably should have tried that. I'm really out of practice. Its been a long time since I've played 4E. Its so hard to find games online anymore and I've not got any friends around who play with me.

Dekkah
2013-03-11, 08:17 PM
I see, well as I said, I always thought knowledge checks were for general informations on the monster race and stuff (like the paragraph they put in the monter manuals... so I always gave general informations on the monster without giving power descriptions or keywords).

To illustrate this, and since the monster is dead and it doesnt matter anymore , here is what Bolerum learned :

This is a trained squad of archers. Their aim at one creature, raining down arrow on them. You also note that they all carry some melee weapon and you have no doubts that once you engage it in combat, some of the members will draw to fight you hand to hand.

As I said, I was staying general and giving hint about his melee pontential (not naming it as an aura and stuff). I probably should had said they had an aura.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-11, 08:26 PM
Agreed. We all make mistakes. That's why I talked to you here, to be respectful.

Also, my ingame text will say "I will slay you grobi scum!" Or-I an-will dreng-slay An-you(plural) grobi-goblin waz-idiot/scum/fool.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:25 PM
ON HBM 1 turn, he will take 1D10 at the start of your turn (and survive - he have more that 10 HP left). He will shift away from you, thus triggering your mark attack (basic melee attack with a -2 from being prone).

I'll let you roll both these things yourself if you do before I am ready to reply (after Bolerum plays). After that, I' will roll them myself in OOC.

Note that if this doesnt kill HBM1, he will make his wolf attack you... and you will be knocked unconcious (29 VS AC, 15 damages). I dont thinnk you have any option that could save you if HBM1 survive the mark attack (correct me if I am wrong)

Note that you would not be dead... you'd just be unconcious and dying.

Good luck on the rolls.
Roll them here please... not to hint this to the other.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:35 PM
Ummm... I was looking at your magic item and I noted you have this.

Dwarven Armor Level 7
Crafted by the finest dwarf armorsmiths, this armor was once only available to dwarves, though now some armorsmiths will create a set for whoever can pay the price.
Lvl 7 +2 2,600 gp
Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
Enhancement: AC
Property: Gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus.
Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Free Action. Regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge.

You might want to use your free action once you see HBM1 survive you MBA and will try to finish your off lol....

You dont really know he will hit you or not... but you do know there isnt much healing help left anyway and you probably will need it during that battle... I'd allow it even though you kinda know it is a use or die.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 01:04 PM
If he is going to provoke, then here is the MBA.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'll also use the healing power. I certainly need it.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 01:06 PM
I have rolled more single digit attacks this combat than I have in a long long time. Its almost like I deserve to die.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 04:02 PM
I dont mind you doing the range attack, I am just pointing out the dangers and consequences here. If you really want to try that bold move, it is fine with me. If you are lucky, they wont drop you and you might kill HBM1... but if they drop you, you dont attack at all and your turn is completly waste.

To be honest, you are doing a great job...you are in quite a tought jam here, possibly the hardest area of that battle right now and survived with very little help. You should not throw the towel, even if they drop you on their turn, you still can receive some help later...

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 04:06 PM
I dont mind you doing the range attack, I am just pointing out the dangers and consequences here. If you really want to try that bold move, it is fine with me. If you are lucky, they wont drop you and you might kill HBM1... but if they drop you, you dont attack at all and your turn is completly waste.

To be honest, you are doing a great job...you are in quite a tought jam here, possibly the hardest area of that battle right now and survived with very little help. You should not throw the towel, even if they drop you on their turn, you still can receive some help later...

Thank you. I've felt a bit ignored by the party all combat and now I feel like I'm on my way out the door. :smallfrown:

Its hard to feel heroic when you roll bad and are slowly ground into dust by a never ending stream of wolves with at-will trip attacks.

Still, thanks for the kind words. And no, I'll hold out to the end. Rikard's dwarven ancestors would demand nothing less than that. :smallamused:

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:35 AM
In case you wonder, the 3 new archers are not with you.
you had no other allies waiting around.... so you have also no idea who they are.

Dekkah
2013-04-03, 08:33 AM
Soon, someone will come to summon the others to go meet up with Flammemorte tommorow morning. That person will extend the 'invitation' to you and your mens.

You know that Flammemorte is the city mage and is sitting on the city council. While she isnt in charge with the trade department, having her to know you can be a good enabler/contact to help your buisness dealing with the city for Rocville later.

Dekkah
2013-04-05, 02:07 PM
Personnal quest :
In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step to advance it/them?

NOTE : I realise you just joined and I dont have devellop nothing around your character (yet:smallamused:)... but you might have ideas yourself about this.

Arq Kujos
2013-04-05, 07:11 PM
Personnal quest :
In the spirit of planning my game with your character objectives, I'd like to know what is/are your personnal quest(s) and what is the next step to advance it/them?

NOTE : I realise you just joined and I dont have devellop nothing around your character (yet:smallamused:)... but you might have ideas yourself about this.

That's a good question. Rikard has two personal quests right now. One is to bring back serious financial prosperity to Rocville by opening up a new trade relation with Bord-Eau. Without that, his quest is a failure. Helping the party only makes him a hero of Bord-Eau which makes his goal a lot easier.

The second major goal is to get revenge for his fallen men. He sees the leader of this armor as directly responsible, so they need to pay. He's got a grudge against these goblins.

Arq Kujos
2013-04-11, 08:40 AM
Would it be possible to talk with Grok about the needs of Grandport for ore and stone? Any chance to bolster Rocville is always high on my priority list.

We can do it here in my OOC thread so we don't bog down the main IC with our rp about my home and Grandport.

Dekkah
2013-04-11, 08:56 AM
You can do that in private later.

But I think you misunderstadn something.
Grok doesnt talk for Grandport (he actually brand himself as a traveling merchant)

The person who claimed to be working for Granport was the woman Antione unveiled as Red Dagger.

Still you can have a private discussion with Grok about your needs if you wants.

Arq Kujos
2013-04-11, 09:05 AM
Aww, my mistake. Well, I can always use him to build a relation with the merchants' guilds in Grandport, which will be almost as good.

Dekkah
2013-04-11, 09:08 AM
I replied IC and you can dine with him if you want :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-04-15, 07:57 AM
Let's do the dinner rp here in my thread. I'll fill everyone in once we're done.

Rikard showed up at the inn Grok had indicated early, wearing his best set of garmets that he brought. It consisted of a simple silk shirt of deep blue with a gold trim. It hung loosely on Rikard's large frame. He also wore a pair of loose fitting trousers, and his iron plated boots. Rikard wore one large ring on his right hand, and it also served as his signet. While waiting for Grok, Rikard ordered himself a tankard of ale, and was well into his third serving when Grok arrived.

Once Grok arrived, Rikard embraced him with a firm handshake and a hearty embrace. "Hello Mr. Grok. I trust you've developed an appetite equal to mine. All this goblin killing has left me with a power hunger and thirst."

Arq Kujos
2013-04-16, 08:03 AM
Are you not going to respond?

Dekkah
2013-04-16, 08:09 AM
SOrry, yes I will... I just have been very busy lately.

Quick question, your cohort (dwarves and humans) will want to go with you to a meeting about Rocville trade exchange... did you let them come?)

Arq Kujos
2013-04-16, 08:14 AM
No, not for this meeting. This isn't an official trade negoiation. Its just a meal to build contacts. If it were something more official and substantial, then I would have invited them. As it is, Rocville is my family's ancestral lands and until I have something very solid to build on, I'm not going to involve them. I will brief them afterwards and let them know, but I'm not planning on making any deals tonight.

Dekkah
2013-04-16, 09:03 AM
Grok
The half-orc notice Rikard as soon as he enter the inn. With him comes Grik the halfling, but Ung doesnt seem to be with them. The charismatic merchant smile Rikard's way and head to his table.
"You're earlyer that I thought you would be, sorry if you had to wait long."
He return the handshake and sit.
"Hell yeah, I'd sure like to feast right now. While I did not fight goblins like you did, I had a good buisness day today."
Grik sit at the table in silence, while Grok order some food and ale.
"So, I'll assume you just met Antione and his friends as I dont recall hearing anything about you yet, nor from Antione, nor from any of this city rumors. How did you meet these daring adventurers?"

Arq Kujos
2013-04-16, 10:05 AM
Rikard

Rikard embraces the halfling as he did the half-orc, though with more consideration for his size. "Well, its a long story, but my people are known for loving long stories." Rikard finishes off his third tankard of ale and then orders a fourth and some bread for the table.

"I came here from Rocville looking to start up a trade arrangement with my home and Bord-Eau. We've got ore and gold and stone ready to be sold, but things up north have been difficult thanks to political pressure and infighting. When we arrived in the city, we were locked down due to the grogi raids, so I and my men did what we thought we could do to help. What we thought was a small goblin war party harassing scared peasants turned out to be an honest to goodness invasion army."

Rikard stopped to take the tankard of ale offered to him by the bar maid and the bread. Breaking off a piece before offering it to his companions, he continued. "We bumped into each other as they were fighting some wolf riders, and what I thought would be an easy battle turned into a giant confrontation between us, them, and the grogi stain on this land. We're working together now because its smarter to root the problem's source than keep killing patrols."

Dekkah
2013-04-16, 12:31 PM
Grok
Grik glare at you when you approach him to handshake and take a step back and sit.
"Grik isnt the social type. Dont take this personnal."
The half-orc smile.
"Well that was a wise choice to associate with Antione and his friends. From what I've heard, they are doing a wonderful job to help the city here. They are gaining quite a reputation over their actions."
The merchant pick up some bread and ask,
"You hinted about wanting some services I may provide. What can I do for you?"

Arq Kujos
2013-04-16, 03:57 PM
Rikard

"As much as I enjoy crushing their green heads in, Grobi don't put food on my table and they don't provide for my people. Ore. Gold. Stone. These things are what sustains my people. Dwarven craftsmen and miners, living with human farmers and hunters, together. Rocville benefits from our union, and right now, they need a new way to sell the skills they've learned over the years. I'm on the hunt for anyone that might possibly need craftsmen, builders, architects, or any of the goods the earth can provide. I'm looking to fill a need, and fill my coffers while I do so. Rocville is very wealthy in minerals and ores, and we are more than skilled enough to dig them out of the earth. We're ready to start dominating the South Coast with our products for a fair price. Would you happen to know someone in need of what we can provide? I'd be more than happy to pay a finder's fee for such information."

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 07:50 AM
Grok
The half-orc rise an eyebrow,
"You are from Rocville? It make sense, considering your mixed blood. Well I could do some research for you and I might know people who would be interested. I guess you are having a hard time finding clients around your city since most of them are either under Torres control, while yours is independant. I guess you guys dont want to fall under the capital 'protection', which would make dealings with them easyer."
The merchant smile, knowing that he is right on the independant thing, but you realise that the last part is mostly a guess..
"Well I can surely help you there, I have contact everywhere, on this continent, and even beyong the normal boundaries. Are you looking in this city or would you consider making deals with other places? I know at least one place where I might find you someone interested, and possibly even a few more, if you are not too picky on whom your sell to. Your mines are mostly iron and you have good weapon and armor smiths, right?"

Yes, your city is independant.
From your story, I assume you would prefer to keep the city independant (considering you have been under a tyran and all)

Also, yes, you produce mostly iron and have blacksmiths.

Also, I just posted Ic saying you're returning to your Inn to see your mens (which is logical). I wont roleplay it, but you discuss with them and tell them you have an meeting with some contact. They will take thed ay to relax and go around town on their own (unless you have some job for them).

Arq Kujos
2013-04-17, 08:53 AM
"As long as I breath, I and my city will be free to choose our own destiny." Rikard, looking a bit red faced from all the ale, decided to eat a larger piece of bread as the meal arrived. Bowls of meat stew, bread, and cheese were laid in front of everyone, along with another barrels of ale sat at the end of the table.

"I hope you don't mind that I ordered for us. In my tradition, since I called the meeting, you are my guests. And I always take care of my guests." Rikard ate a few spoonfuls of stew and bread before returning to the business at hand.

"Who do you speak of? I'd not turn away a potential client if I can trust them. As long as their gold is plentiful, and they are honorable, then I'd be happy to sell to them." Rikard stopped to wipe his mouth. "I won't deal with bandits, murders, or slavers. I deal with decent people. I'd even sell to the wild tribes of another continent if the gold was good."

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 09:13 AM
DM
GRok keep his smile, shruging,
"Ok, that thin the list a little, since I guess that you'd not consider dark elves as honorable... I would not myself even if I trust them enough to deal with them. But in the spirit of being honorable myself and not keep secrets from you, how do you feel selling to someone honorable, but that isnt too picky on whom who he sell back and might sell to less honorable clients, if any make him some decent offers?"
The half-orc rise an hand to stop you from replying right away,
"But know that your weaponry wont be sold back to criminals from the Westernalands, as the person deals mostly with underdark cities. He live in a city that act as a bridge and market between the underdark and the city from above. I trust him and knows he is a fair trader."

Just so you know, the city have a rationning policy on the food. You may have ordered food, but it isnt a feast, but it is good enough... (they loosened it a little since the heroes took back some of the food that was stolen).

Arq Kujos
2013-04-17, 09:42 AM
Rikard

"As much as I loathe the Elgi, I can't rightly tell another man what to do with his property. If this merchant is honorable, then I'd be willing to deal with him. It isn't easy being a bridge between two very different worlds. Honor is a rare thing, these days."

I forgot about the city food rationing. Hopefully this is enough without being too much.

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 10:20 AM
Grok
Grok eat some bread and cheese and nod.
"Well I know a man whom you would more than likely be able to close a good deal for your city. He always is looking for some good provider from the land above. Now, for my participation in this."
The merchant finish his ale and order an other.
"I see many possibilities. I'll guess you would like to meet the man and deal yourself directly with him, and I'd prefer that myself anyway. So for me to put you in contact and write you a recommandation letter, I'd ask 1 percent of the total trade value that will be exchanged from that contrat during the first year. I think that is fair, and this way, if you dont manage to close a deal with him, it wont cost you anything."

Arq Kujos
2013-04-17, 10:49 AM
Rikard

Rikard seemed slightly suspicious of the man, because the terms he laid out were quite good. Still, a man like Rikard needed contacts, and this merchant could possibly be a good source for him in the future. "I'll accept the terms. Now, who would I be meeting with?"

Dekkah
2013-04-17, 11:04 AM
Grok
Grok appear satisfied, smile and shake hands with Rikard to seal the deal.
"Excellent! That is a good deal for both of us. The man name is Donald Blueshield. He live in Marklett, an underground city under the Neak peaks, north of here. I doubt you've heard of it, as it isnt really listed as part of the Westernlands, and I dont have a map for you to get there."
The half-orc does smile and add,
"But, Ung, Grik and myself know the way there. I was already considering leaving Ung behind to guide Ashe there, with the deal we have now, and you kinda joining force with them, it is all settled I guess. I myself will leave the city soon, with Grik, to go conclude an other buisness as I told you this morning. But after that, I shall head to Marklett myself, so I'll possibly find you there. Does this work with you?"

Arq Kujos
2013-04-18, 07:50 AM
Rikard

"An underground city? Is it like a dwarven hold? I've never been to a massive underground city. I'd very much love to travel there one day. My men tell me stories of great dwarven cities of the past that sprawled under the earth." Rikard stopped to allow Grok to explain more about Marklett if he wanted to.

Dekkah
2013-04-22, 09:08 AM
Grok
The half-orc smile,
"Well it is indeed a great underground city, but it isnt like a dwarven one. Dawrves have a different way of doing things than other races, a style of their own. But that city is special, being an underground port and all. As I already said, I'll ask Ung to stay in the city to act as a guide if you want to go there after getting rid of the goblins. I am sure Ung will like killing more goblin, will be a good experience for him to join up in an army."

Arq Kujos
2013-04-29, 08:49 AM
That sounds like a good place to stop. Let's settle there so we can get the rest of the game moving again.

Dekkah
2013-04-29, 09:11 AM
Alright, I dont mind if you still have stuff to discuss, but I am kinda done on my part.

You keep chating for about half an hour while you finish eating. You learn a few things about the half-orc. He seem to be experienced and have travelled all around the country. He can do some magic and create magical items. He is also sure of himself and have some good social skills.

Grik on the other hand is always on the ready and shy. Still, you feel that he would be a dangerous opponent and Grok confirm that he act as his body guard.

You learn that Ung is endebted to Grok somehow, but the orc seem quite pleased with his arrangement with the merchant.

Once the dinner is done, you part ways and head to the group Inn i nthe market district.

Dekkah
2013-04-30, 09:00 AM
You seem to want to bring Rikard out with Bolerum to hunt goblins (OOC).
I had the impression you wanted to stay in town ot work for your contacts for Rocville. Either way can work : the others ( your human and dwarves allies) will offer (or you can order them to) to stay in town to do the ground/streetwise work while you gain some fame helping the army (and have some fun) if that is what you prefer.

If you stay in town, there is some troop training you will be able to do there still too (will elaborate if it comes to that)

Anyway, we will see how turn out your little discussion IC

Arq Kujos
2013-04-30, 10:02 AM
"My bad. I thought I could do both. Perhaps I can have my men, who will basically be looking out for Rocville too, help me with the contacts. As for the training, would it be possible to have the mission wait a few days so I can get the basics in the new recruits before we go? That way, we can bring in soldiers to garrison the fort after we take and we can continue their training there.

Dekkah
2013-04-30, 10:51 AM
I'll asume you checked with the barrack during the day, so you know that the recruit already marched out with William a few days ago.

Still, there is a bunch of people beign trained (mostly Militia soldiers) on basic warfare (group strategy, formation and orders). These emns wont go out to cleanse the land, but they will go assist the army in the upcoming assault of Fort du col . Most of these soldier being city guards, they wont be able to leave (as they still have the duty of protecting the city in case some goblin attack it again) butwill only march out in 19 days to travel to the fort and join with the seige/battle.

You dont know yet when Bolerum is gonna leave... when you ask him, he will tell you.

NOTE : If you want to do both, it is possible... you can decide to leave on your own to join with the army later (after a few days).

Arq Kujos
2013-05-09, 12:35 PM
That was a really good setup. I was starting to wonder why we were waiting so long, but with one post, you cleared up all of that.

I can't wait to see what Rikard has been doing.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-22, 08:33 AM
Hey Dekkah. How's your kid doing? :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-05-22, 08:34 AM
their fine, I just have a lot on my plate at work now lol...
It was just some flu.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-22, 08:40 AM
That's good. I was just wondering how they were doing since they are your kids.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-22, 08:41 AM
Is there anything I can do to help take some things off your plate?

Dekkah
2013-05-22, 08:53 AM
NOt really, but thanks.

I posted IC!

Unless someone have something to add, I'll be working on next naration and prepare the actual final battle!

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 06:48 PM
By the way, the dwarven phrases were:

"Now my bones are forged of steel."

"Die Giant"

Dekkah
2013-08-19, 10:24 AM
HI, I hope you are doing well.
I did not get any words from Tacocat yet since I replied to her. Did she change her mind and doesnt want to play anymore? (It is fine if she did).

Arq Kujos
2013-08-19, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure she is still interested. I'll send her a message. I think she just kinda let it go because of your new baby. :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-09-30, 12:31 PM
I am preparing my next turn.
GC 1 will trigger your mark attack (by shifting away).... can you roll the MBa here please.... if you dont by the time I am ready to post, I'll roll it for you :smallwink:

Just giving you a chance to roll it for yourself as I am waiting for Bolerum to post.

Arq Kujos
2013-09-30, 03:37 PM
MBA
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll]1d8+11[roll]

If I hit him, he doesn't move.

Arq Kujos
2013-09-30, 03:39 PM
Whoops.

Damage Roll 2: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-10-23, 02:18 PM
Dwarven made weapons :

As Rikard inspect the weapons, he note that these are still actually in good shape and relatively new. They probably have been made this season. Looking closer, he spot a dwarven brand marked upon them.

http://a.imageshack.us/img256/9959/weaponbrand.png

You can make an history check to learn about that brand.

Arq Kujos
2013-10-23, 03:29 PM
History Check: *Le Sigh*

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-10-23, 03:30 PM
Well that figures. :smallsigh:

Dekkah
2013-10-23, 03:51 PM
History (3) on the smith symbol :

You are pretty sure you've seen it before,but you dont recall where nor who it represent. the only thing he is sure of is that it is Dwarven and a smith brand.

Dekkah
2013-10-24, 12:34 PM
History on Vrairocher clan : [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-10-24, 12:50 PM
History (19) on Vrairocher clan :

You've heard of the fallen clan in old legends. FRom what you know, they started to be known around the years 500 or so and were a mercenary group of dwarf working in the north of the Westernlands, mostly north of the Neck Peaks, all around the Ter'yav forest, going even up to Torres. They were a secretive clan that did not really fit in with other dwarven communities, as they did not care much about honnor. Their clan gained reknown until the years 800, but not for their good deeds, but for their participation in most conflicts of those times. They did not care much about being on the honnorable side and worked for money, for anyone who would pay them. In the end, they were renamed as the "Bloodtirsthy dwarves", as the legend says that they were actually violent, dangerous and utterly mad. You dont know what happened to them, but the legend did tell they completly vanish around the years 800.

Arq Kujos
2013-10-24, 01:01 PM
They became the Drow of Dwarves. Duergar killing time!!!:smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-10-24, 01:16 PM
Nah, they were dwarves still, well in the legends (duergar already exsisted in their time)

Arq Kujos
2013-12-02, 03:14 PM
If the Crocodile escapes, is there anyway we can still save Rikard? Maybe he's taken back to a lair where he fights his way out of the beast's belly and has to rejoin the party?

I really like this character and don't want to see him die if possible.

Dekkah
2013-12-02, 03:18 PM
We will see how this turn out, first, then we will discuss this again. :smallwink:

But fear not, I dont want you to change character either. Worry about diying, but not about being force to change character :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-12-05, 12:47 PM
So in the end you did survive!

You'll have some people to thank later :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-12-10, 11:48 AM
Level up time. please update this.

Rikard :
HP : 61
Surge value : 15
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +11, 1D8+9, Push the enemy 2 Squares (Due to Bludgeon Expertise and Shield Push)
Default Action when players unavailable : Crushing Surge on closest Enemy. Charge that enemy if possible.
Special Ability/Effect :

Dekkah
2013-12-11, 11:12 AM
History (4) on Symbol (IC 3 - post 1095) :

You've never seen such a symbol before.

Arq Kujos
2013-12-11, 11:38 AM
Rikard :
HP : 66
Surge value : 16
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +11, 1D8+9, Push the enemy 2 Squares (Due to Bludgeon Expertise and Shield Push)
Default Action when players unavailable : Crushing Surge on closest Enemy. Charge that enemy if possible.
Special Ability/Effect :

Not much changes except for more hit points, a slightly higher surge value, and a new encounter power.

Dekkah
2013-12-11, 01:34 PM
History (14) check on dwarven (Ic3 - Post 1095)
After Antione says that the Gemviper helped Furtimanius with the Chest of never research, you suddenly realise that the dates doesnt match. This log range from 799 to 802, while the end of Bill's log is 512, in which year Magdebourg actually fell. Also, you seem to recal someone saying that Furtimanius was a human, which makes it weird that he would live in 512 and 800's.

Dekkah
2013-12-30, 11:10 AM
Hello friend.
I see that you log in regulary.
I am not putting pressure (as I said, I wont impose the 24 hour timer until january 3rd), but just letting you know it is your turn in case you did not notice.

On january 3rd (around noon), I'll do this by default with your character :

Charge UQ (since UW dissapeared into the stone floor again) at BD52 and use your magic boot to shift to BC52 to clear the way as Antione asked.

Take care and have merry holidays!

Arq Kujos
2014-01-03, 01:43 PM
Hello friend.
I see that you log in regulary.
I am not putting pressure (as I said, I wont impose the 24 hour timer until january 3rd), but just letting you know it is your turn in case you did not notice.

On january 3rd (around noon), I'll do this by default with your character :

Charge UQ (since UW dissapeared into the stone floor again) at BD52 and use your magic boot to shift to BC52 to clear the way as Antione asked.

Take care and have merry holidays!

Hey Dekkah. Sorry for not posting. Just been busy with the break up and moving around. I try to check in on my phone, but it doesn't like giant, and rarely lets me view the pages I want without some degree of difficulty.

Anyway, I'm back and I'll take care of it.

Dekkah
2014-01-15, 11:04 AM
Hey friend,
How are you faring?
My goal here isnt to pressure you (I know how it is to be in your situation), but I' still would like to know if you would prefer that I take over your character actions until you feel better?
Dont worry, I am not kicking you out of the game and I know you still wanna play, but before the game lag too much and someone complain about it, I prefer to offer you this option.
If you agree, once you are ready to jump back in, you could take over your character.

Take care buddy.
I hope you feel better soon, I am missing you roleplay in the game!:smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2014-01-16, 10:12 AM
Hey Dekkah.

Yeah, I know I need to be more involved. Honestly, I kinda wish Rikard (and this is my fault) had tried to talk with the ghost, since he is part Dwarf too. Might have helped, might not have helped, but it would have been fun to try. As it is, I'm just biding my time until my turn again. Hopefully next turn I won't be too busy or depressed to post.

I've been drinking a lot these last few weeks, and only recently have I stopped and started to really try to take control of my life.

Hopefully, the new work out and less alcohol will help me out.

Thanks for your understanding friend. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2014-01-16, 10:34 AM
ok, no problem buddy,
happy to know you are working on taking control.

I'll give you the 24 hour next turn to play then (since you i know you are around).

Take care.

Dekkah
2014-02-05, 03:56 PM
Hello buddy,
How are you? Getting better I hope!

Once again, I dont wanna pressure you, but i'd like to know if you are still in the game and interested(hope so)? You did reply about the shield, but you havent posted IC in some time (I realsie we are in a exploration roleplay segment that you might have less interest/ideas for).
If you still need some time and all, it is fine by me...as I said, juck checking.

The reason for this is that I have some stuff/story coming up soon for your character and well if you are considering to leave the game or something, I'd adjust to give that storyline to someone else.

Take care bud!

Arq Kujos
2014-02-05, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry man. I've pulled 12+ hour days this entire week, and I was at home and only had my phone last week due to a massive snowstorm down here in the South.

Dekkah
2014-02-05, 08:22 PM
No problem. As long as you are interested,I dont mind waiting for you :smallwink:

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 01:05 PM
From being teleported (IC 3 - Post 1236) :

You suddenly come to your sense and throught the fact that you are dizzy and disoriented, you immediatly realise that you are floating in salty water surrounded by darkness. Instinctively, you stop breating, holding your breath.
You arent sure where is up or downbut you still can see, because of your everburning torch, that you are near some natural stone wall, celling or floor. Into that stone, you see a similar blue metal circle with runes, but this one doesnt have the handprint linked to it used to activate it. Inside the circle, some dwarven text is carved into the stone.

Traitor and thief!
Now you die!
I've put the text teanslated directly since you know dwarven adn only you read here.

Ok, here are the revelant rules (not from compendium... will make sure later they havent been changed) but from my PDF DM book.

Starvation, Thirst, and
Suffocation
When deprived of food, water, or air, the rule of three
applies. An adventurer can handle three weeks without
food, three days without water, and three minutes
without air outside of strenuous situations. After that,
such deprivation is a significant test of a PCs’ stamina.
At the end of the time period (three weeks, three
days, or three minutes), the character must succeed on
a DC 20 Endurance check. Success buys the character
another day (if hungry or thirsty), or round (if unable
to breathe). Then the check is repeated at DC 25, then
at DC 30, and so on.
When a character fails the check, he loses one
healing surge and must continue to make checks. A
character without healing surges who fails a check
takes damage equal to his level.
In strenuous situations, such as combat, going without
air is much harder. A character holding his breath
during underwater combat, for example, must make
a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of his turn in a
round where he takes damage.
As with environmental dangers, a character cannot
regain healing surges lost to starvation, thirst, or suffocation
until he eats a meal, drinks, or gains access to
air again, respectively.
A character with 0 or fewer hit points who continues
to suffer from one of these effects keeps taking
damage as described above until he dies or is rescued.

Ok, we need to counts rounds:

You can make multiples saves yourself first to see how many round you loose before you can actually act.

Round 1 : Wake up.
Round 2 : Stunned
Round 3 : ????

You have 28 or less rounds left before you start rolling endurance.
What do you do?

Also, you dont know what is happening with the others.

While I dont mind if you actually wanna read the main thread, you should not be checking it (if you do, play as if you dont know anything happening there - not that it will matter much lol)

Rikard 38/66, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 12/14

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 02:27 PM
I suppose I need to use my Dungeoneering skill to find some form of opening or hole I can use to escape.

Check to search the room for any kind of escape or option to help me survive: [roll0]

After my check, I want to try and swim to the surface, if that movement is possible.

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 02:31 PM
I am in a hurry right now... but you should rol la few D20 for saves VS Stunned - to see how many round you loose for that.

Then you can roll a few swim check as well.

I'll give you your dungeoneering check result soon enough.(when Ican)

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 02:33 PM
No save needed.

Incredible Toughness Mul Racial Power
Through dogged determination and sheer physical hardiness, you shrug offan effect that would daunt a lesser person.
Encounter
No Action Personal
Trigger: You start your turn.
Effect: You end any ongoing damage or any dazed, slowed, stunned, or weakened condition currently affecting you.

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 02:46 PM
DM
The resistant mul naturaly shrug off the dizzyness before it even make him loose a beat. He then try to orient himself and find out that the circle is on a wall. Knowing now which way is up, Rikard look for some possible exit. everything out of his torch light range around is pitch blackness. Looking up, he doesnt even see any sort of illumination, so he is either very deep or in some carven for sure. Going up and along the wall seem his better option, even though he doesnt see any exit.

This is a skill challenge ;)

You got one success for your dungeoneering

You will need to move up : Swim check medium dc (16).
Since you are lookking for some feature to guide you, perception could be usefull.

If you have other ideas you wanna try, feel free to explain them.

Success = 1
Failure = 0

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 02:50 PM
Am I on round 3 or 4?

Swim Check: Athletics Roll: [roll0]

Perception Check: [roll1]

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 03:00 PM
DM
Rikard easyly swim along the wall very fast for someone in armor, tying to notice something that could save him After a few seconds, he spot a tunnel to his left and swim that way. He enter the tunnel and swim in it, but end up facing some fallen boulders. The mul notice that there is some small opening near the high of top of the tunnel, where one agile could possibly squeeze into, right under a large and heavy looking slab of rock.

Note that the athletic is used to see how good you move and doesnt count in skill challenge success or failures.

round 1 - Unconcious
Round 2 - Dungeoneering -success,
Round 3 - Athletic Success (since you hit hard DC, you swim fast and reduce time to find/swim into tunnel to 3 rounds) + Percpetion Success (find tunnel)
Round 6 - ???

What do you do?

Success : 2
Failure : 0

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 03:24 PM
By the description of the rocks, would it be possible to try and move one?

Athletics to open the rocks up and try to force my way through: [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 03:26 PM
Probably failed. I'm gonna roll a few checks to try and succeed.

Athletics to open the rocks up and try to force my way through: [roll0]

Athletics to open the rocks up and try to force my way through: [roll1]

Athletics to open the rocks up and try to force my way through: [roll2]

Athletics to open the rocks up and try to force my way through: [roll3]

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 04:31 PM
DM
The mul, not really liking the idea of trying to squeeze throught brace himself and try to lift the large stone slab. He manage to lift it half away at first, but when he try to move in the stone drop on him, nearly crushing him. He struggle a little move to reposition himself, loosing previous time, then force again to lift it up. This time, he raise it higher and the slab slide to the left and get stuck against the wall, creating an opening large enough to pass through.

Rikard swim across the hole and keep going in the tunnel as fat as possible. He is a little slower than before, but still go on quickly. He finaly sees the end of the tunnel, but ends up facing some forcefield blocking the exit. On the wall to the left, Rikard note some text in dwarven again.

There is no way out!
Ok, first atheltic fail, making you loose 2 rounds.

The second one succeed

I took the 3rd atheltic as your swim to save time.

round 1 - Unconcious
Round 3 - Athletic Success (since you hit hard DC, you swim fast and reduce time to find/swim into tunnel to 3 rounds) + Percpetion Success (find tunnel)
Round 6 - Atheltic to move rock (fail - loose 2 rounds)
Round 8 - Atheltic to move rock Succeed. (Athletic to swim passed, +2 rounds to swim out)
Round 10 - ???

What do you do?

Success = 3
Failure = 1

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 04:43 PM
Was this the only tunnel I saw? If not, I want to head down another tunnel.

Dekkah
2014-02-12, 06:17 PM
This is the only tunnel you saw (there is no other way in that tunnel)
You did not explore the whole place where you came from.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-12, 09:29 PM
Considering that I can't seem to make it out of the tunnel, I want to try exploring the other part of where I came from.

Perception or Dungeon Check (Whichever): [roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-13, 09:28 AM
DM
Bolerum turn around and swim as fast a he could out of the cavern. Once out, he keep going up and quickly reach the top of the cavern he is in. goingon instict, he keep swimming along the cellin and a few second late he notice a small crack in the celling. it isnt wide enough for him to actually going up in it, but it does keep run along the celling out of the mul sight both ways.

Rikard swim check to move : [roll0] (Succeed hard Dc... swim in 5 rounds (note that the time varies... wouldhave been way more if the roll would have been lower :smallamused:)

round 1 - Unconcious
Round 8 - Atheltic to move rock Succeed. (Athletic to swim passed, +2 rounds to swim out)
Round 10 - Perception to look for an other exit(passed) Atheltic to swim out of tunnel and move along the wall - passed high DC (+5 rounds)
Round 15 - ??

What do you do?
It would be an perception (hard) or dungeonneering (medium) to try and guess which way would be best to follow the crack . Unless you have some other idea you wanna try.

Success = 4
Failure = 1

Arq Kujos
2014-02-13, 11:18 AM
Since my dungeoneering is as high as my perception, Dungeoneering it is.

[roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-13, 08:54 PM
Athletic to swim again [roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-13, 09:04 PM
DM
Rikard spend a few moemnt to evaluate the crack and while it isnt obvious, he is pretty sure that the crack is getting larger , if only slightly, on the left side. The mul swim as fast as he can and notice that he was right and the it does open up as he go.
After about half a minute, he arrive at to other side of the cavern. The crack is nearly large enough to swim in freely. He can see that the crack seem to connect with some inner cave with air 20 feets higher or so. The mul realise that he have a either to try to squeeze in, work his hammer to try and break what appear to be quite solid stone to enlarge the crack for 20 feets or try to find an other access to that cave up above.

round 1 - Unconcious
Round 10 - Perception to look for an other exit(passed) Atheltic to swim out of tunnel and move along the wall - passed high DC (+5 rounds)
Round 15 - Dungeoneering (success), Athletic to swin success (+5 rounds)
Round 20 -

What do you do?
Acrobatic (Medium) to squeeze in would work.
Athletic (Hard) could be used to break a larger path (using your hammer)
Perception (+swim) to try and look for an other exit.
If you have other ideas, suggest it.

Success = 5
Failure = 1

Arq Kujos
2014-02-13, 09:37 PM
Rikard can feel the air in his lungs starting to burn. Knowing he has little time left, Rikard has to take a chance. Saying a silent prayer to Moradin, he begs for guidance as he swings his hammer hard.

I don't really have much of a choice. My acrobatics is a 2.

Athletics to break it open a bit wider: [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2014-02-13, 09:39 PM
Assuming I fail, and I am, I'm going to keep rolling for a few more turns.

Athletics: [roll0]
Athletics: [roll1]
Athletics: [roll2]
Athletics: [roll3]

Its funny. The rolls are actually realistic. He starts with a weak hit, unsure of the resistance, then a stronger hit, and then an angry follow up hit with all his might underwater. Then, you can see his fury subside and his blows weaken.

Dekkah
2014-02-13, 10:24 PM
DM
Rikard work his hammer hard, but being underwater, his swings arent as strong as they could be. After nearly 20 seconds, he still managed to enlarge a third of the crack.

round 1 - Unconcious
Round 15 - Dungeoneering (success), Athletic to swin success (+5 rounds)
Round 20 - Athletic to dig fail
Round 21 - Athletic to dig fail
Round 22 - Athletic to dig suceed (1/3 of tunnel dug)
Round 23 - Athletic to dig fail
round 24 - Athletic to dig fail

Ok you ailed the skill challenge (you'll see what happen soon)... but you still are in trouble.

I guess you are going to focus on digging... The DC is 23.. you need 2 more succees to make it.

You still have 6 rounds befroe you start to need endurance checks.

So you can roll 6 athletic.
After that, you need an athletic and an endurance check each round.

You can post all the rolls in one shot.
Let see if the dice roller want you dead :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2014-02-14, 12:44 AM
Death smiles at everyone, Dekkah. All a man, or mul, can do is smile back.

Athletics: [roll0]
Athletics: [roll1]
Athletics: [roll2]
Athletics: [roll3]
Athletics: [roll4]
Athletics: [roll5]

Athletics: [roll6]
Endurance: [roll7]

Athletics: [roll8]
Endurance: [roll9]

Edit: Ok now. That crit HAS to be worth two!

Dekkah
2014-02-14, 09:44 AM
DM
Rikard work tirelessly on the crack, slamming his hammer again and again. He have a lot of troubles to break the stone, but after an other 30 seconds, he manage to break an other third of the way. He keep hammring for a few more seconds without success and start to feel some dizzyness, the evident signs that he is lacking air. Still the though mul manage to hold on and stay awake. With all the digging the mul did, trying to squeeze throught look easyer than it would have been before, but it still would require some decent acrobatic skill.

Sadly no, crit on skill check doesnt help (as a 1 isnt a failure if you have high enough skill bonus)

So you reach the point of making saves and manage the two endurance check.

Since only 1/3 of crack is left to squeeze into, if you decide to try to squeeze in, the DC would be easy now.
Or you can still dig with your hard atheltic... your call.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-14, 11:51 AM
I guess I've nothing to lose by trying.

Acrobatics:[roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-15, 12:11 PM
DM
Rikard struggle into the crack, twisting left and right trying to get out fo the water. After a few seconds, he manage to slip up into it and comes out of the water, crawling out of the thight shaft taking a deep breath laying on his back.

As he breath hard, he hear some incredibly loud voice near him resound into the cavern.
"You dare invade my home!"
These words are followed by a incredile and terrifying roar of rage, so intense that Rikard cannot look away from the darnkess where czame the voice, he cannot move a muscle.

Rikard desperatly want ot react, but his corpse doesnt obey and he can only look from his precarious position on his back.

An incredibly huge monster, of a size you've never seen before, as large as an house come into view, walking up to Rikard, towering over him. The mul recognise the monster from an image he've seen before : a dragon!
"you wont get your filthy hands on him ever again!"
The creature inhale deepply, which sound like a stormwind going throught a valley and let out an weave of lightning that shock you so hard the mul nearly faint. He still resist the darkness and finaly feel able to move.

the fighter is you.. that is relatively the right size diffrence.
http://feb.imghost.us/Ej0G.jpg

You made it out.. but the failure made you get surprised... bad start for you.

Rikard INI [roll0]
The monster ini is 19

???
surprise - Standardroar (+2 (CA - Surprised)), 34 VS Will, Stunned UENT (???), After effect : -2 all attacks (SAve ends)

TO bad you used your mul power to revome daze/stun ... it would have helped you here ...

Start of round 1 :

Rikard : Skip his turn (Stunned)

???
Move : Move into sight (Adjacent to Rikard)
Standard : Breath weapon, Close blast 3
Attack on Rikard (+2 (CA - Stunned)): 41 VS Reflex, 30 lightning damages (This bloody Rikard... you were at 38 HP from previous traps)

It is your turn.... you can roll an history and a nature check

Rikard 8/66, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 12/14
Bloodied
-2 All attacks (Save ends)

Arq Kujos
2014-02-15, 01:45 PM
Rikard is awed by the massive dragon. Legends and great tales were told of heroes slaying such powerful creatures. It was massive, and its scales shone with a lustrous light that made it even more frightening. Rikard was proud and strong, but even he could see his failings compared to the mighty dragon before him. It stood over him, like a cat before a mouse or even a bug. Armed with his hammer and shield, Rikard felt small and scared.

Damn this beast! he thought to himself. I've come too far to die here to a dragon. Rikard, soaking wet and out of breath, tried to take in all his surroundings and make note of any advantage he could see. He weighed the odds quietly in his head. He was alone and tired in an unknown place, trapped with a giant dragon that seemed determined to kill him. He was bleeding, sore, and on his back.

But, Rikard was not dead yet. He was smart. He was stronger than most thought, and many thought him plenty strong. His ancestors threw off the shackles of giants, and carved a mighty home from the hearts of mountains. Rikard's family was also human. They were clever, strong in spirit, and always keen to find the next advantage or next gain. Rikard combined these traits together tightly to form a tireless defender who never surrendered and always found the best way to win.

"Oh mighty dragon. I am no thief and I am no intruder. I am not here willingly, but for the foul magics of Gemviper clan. Of Duergar. I was forced into their lair when a cave in buried the route forward. There, their foul magical traps sent me to this place. I came with no intentions of harm, not that I could harm one such as yourself. I humbly beg your mercy, oh great one." Rikard rolled over, and prostrated himself before the beast.

This is so scary. Rikard is not geared for diplomacy. And he damn sure isn't geared to to take on a dragon that has to be at least an adult. I really really really did not want to die.

Diplomacy Check: [roll0] (Bonuses for prostration?)
Nature Check: [roll1]
Free Action: Activate Dwarven Armor Healing Power. I need my hit points.

Dekkah
2014-02-15, 04:02 PM
DM
The mul magic armor cure some of his wounds as the mul realise that this dragon scales are of metalic color. Metallic dragon are no less dangerous, but they are of better nature than chromatics ones. Rikard isnt sure if this one would be bronze or brass, but he is pretty sure that which ever it is, they can be reasonned with. He thought it to be adult at first, but thinking about it and remembering the stories he'vs heard, this one probably an elder dragon.

The dragon look as if he is about to pounce on Rikard, but something seem to stop him. While he still look angry and is breathing hard, looking ready to tear you into peices, the monster loud voice ask after a few seconds,
"What trap? What magic brought you here?"

Ok, you regain 16 HP from armor.

Lol, nice diplomacy!:smalleek::smallwink:

First paragraph is the result of your nature.

The dragon readied an attack to pounce on you if you move/attack.

Rikard 24/66, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 12/14
Bloodied
-2 All attacks (Save ends)

Arq Kujos
2014-02-15, 06:28 PM
Rikard felt the hot breath of the beast on his back, and a shiver of fear ran down his spine. He had to bite his lip to stop himself from shivering and trembling. "Druegar, great one. Dark Dwarves who have lost their way and turned to darker pursuits. Once, hundreds of years ago, they carved out a hold in these mountains. They used magic to transport themselves from place to place. When I was experimenting with their magical seals, they sent me here." Rikard remained on his face before the great dragon. As much as he hate to bow before the beast, he knew looking up would show him how close death truly was.

"I am called Rikard, of House Lohgaine. My ancestors were humans that settled among the dwarves of Rocville, far to the north. I was here to investigate the location of their stronghold and to see if any of the fool durgar remained. I did not know this was your domain. I can honestly say I do not even know where I am, oh great one. May I ask who it is I have intruded on so unknowingly? If I am spared the wrath of one so great, I would tell my countrymen of your power so all would know to avoid this realm, and if not, then it would be shameful for me to meet my ancestors in Moradin's Halls without knowing the name of the one who sent me there."

Dekkah
2014-02-15, 08:48 PM
DM
The dragon listen to you until you are done. He seem pleased by praise and your regonition of his power, which seem to calm him a little. He still stay at the ready and say in a speachless voice, apparently more to himself than to you.
"You came from the blue portal..."
The monster gaze lock with your own, apparently trying to decide if he beleive you or not.
After some time, that look like years for you, the monster finaly say in a more polite and controlled voice, in which you still discern some retraint and doubt.
"My name is Mastil’Krasshtheriolia, but most mortals I know call me Mastil."
The monster step back two steps, which bring a good 20 feets of distance between you two, so long are its legs. You can see the full size of the monster again, which is still a little intimidating, even though the monster demeanor is less agressive.
"While I dont know the Gemviper clan, I share you dislike of the duergars." Rikard actually can see the monster eyes flare with hatred as she name the race, "So you swam into my home only to saved your own life?"
The monster voice show sign of disbeleif, but you get the feeling it isnt about your claim, but about something else.

Did you lie on purpose or you are honestly mixing stuff? You ddi not get a mission to investigate the duergar. I assume you are mixing stories and stuff.. but if you lied on purpose... roll a bluff please in your next reply.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-15, 09:50 PM
I really thought that was part of what we were doing here. I thought we were investigating the hold once we found it because we were on our way to that city I can't remember.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-15, 09:58 PM
"Yes, great Mastil’Krasshtheriolia. When the teleportation circle activated, it brought me to the chamber beneath your home. As you know, it is filled with water." Rikard pointed to the hole in the floor he climbed through. "There is another thing, great one. There is a chamber down that way that leads into their lair. There is some form of force field that prevented me from heading that way.

Rikard paused, realizing that lying is probably not going to serve him well. "I came with a group of people. We were heading to a city that is supposed to reside somewhere under the mountains. I can not remember the name of it. I ask you to forgive me and my nerves. Some earthquake opened a river under us, and exposed the Duergar lair that lead me here. When we saw it, all the old legends of the Gemvipers came back."

Dekkah
2014-02-16, 04:45 PM
DM
The dragon listen then say,
"So I guess you are going to Marklett."
A tone of disgust emanate from the creature voice as he name the city.
"I already knew about the magic portal. I am the one who've put the force field to block the access to it, in or out. This crack you came in from is new. It opened up with the massive earthquake we suffered yesterday."
The dragon pause for a moment and keep his gaze upon Rikard. The mul feel nake under that intelligent gaze, that seem to evaluate what to do with him. The dragon finally say,
"Are you hungry? I know I am."

Arq Kujos
2014-02-17, 11:06 AM
Rikard visibly shuttered at the sound of a hungry dragon. He smiled, nervously, and nodded. "Yes, oh great Mastil’Krasshtheriolia. I had quite the swim to get here." Rikard pauses for a moment, and then musters some courage. "Oh might one, what can you tell me about Maklett in your great wisdom? I am from lands far from here, and I know only what my comrades have told me, which is very little. It would be an honor untold to have the wisdom of such a great dragon as yourself shared with me for even a moment." A hopeful look takes Rikard over, seeing a chance to gain valuable insight from an incredible source.

Dekkah
2014-02-17, 12:06 PM
DM
The gargantuan dragon nod and say, "Follow me then, Rikard of house Longhaine. We will discuss about this around some food"
The monster is calm now, almost serene. You still get the impression that he is keep close watch over your action, but you dont feel in imminent danger anymore.

The dragon turn around and walk deeper into the vast tunnel. You follow the monster and can only note the massive muscular prefection of the monster. You are certain that if he had wished so, you would have become his meal and you actually hope it does have food already deeper in.

After an hudreed feets or so, you enter a vast cave, well you beleive it to be of an extreme size from the echo of your steps, as your torch light doesnt illuminate far enough. A large fish, or is it a small whale, is laying on the floor, half eaten already. You guess your hammering disturbed the dragon during his meal. As you come closer, you spot to your left what appear to be the dragon hoard. You can only see it partially with your torch light, but what you see is actually impressive. Even though you cannot see it completly, what you see is bigger than any other treasure you've ever seen, by far. You evaluate the part you can see to be at least 30000 peices of money, at least half of it being gold, and many various items.

"I suppose raw fish isnt something you eat?"
The magestic creature doesnt wait for a reply and stride toward his hoard. you hear it go throught the peices and finally pulls out a small plain looking basket.

"This should provide you with food and drinks. I'd offer you wine, but I am not sure I have some that is still decent. What year are we now?"

Letting you react to this before adding more :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2014-02-17, 01:52 PM
Rikard followed the giant dragon, partially out of awe and partially out of fear. He wasn't truly hungry, but to refuse such an a host was the same as jumping into a collapsing mine shaft. "It is the year 1500, mighty one." Rikard tries not to eye the giant piles of gold near him, fearing that to stare would be the same as eyeing the wife of a jealous man. Well, a massive, lightning breathing, heavily armored man. Looking at the basket, Rikard bows low again. "It is said that the mightiest kings of old were judged not by wealth or power, but by their generosity. To spare my life and feed me in the same day is a true test of your infallible character, great wyrm. Such wealth and wisdom is held here by one so great. It is inspiring, great Mastil’Krasshtheriolia.

Rikard looked at the basket, as humble as it was, and knew right away that the dragon was no fool. Clearly, this basket was magical, but Rikard was not sure how. "I thank you for your offer of wine, great one. I have some ale saved in a barrel in my pack. It is not much, but I gladly offer it to you as a sign of all my thanks. While I am not a dwarf, my ancestors were, and ale is the life blood of my people." Rikard takes his ale barrel out, and offers it to the great dragon as a sign of respect. For a dwarf to give someone ale was a common and polite thing. For a dwarf to give his last ale was the highest compliment he good give a stranger.

Unable to help himself, Rikard looks back at the golden pile, and slowly starts to stare in awe. The gold was so massive, it was like a giant wall of gold, ready to sweep down and crush him. Dwarves had a love of gold that was almost as strong as a dragon's, and Rikard too felt the allure of the golden light. Only the halls of Moradin and Bahamut themselves could rival the value found here.

Dekkah
2014-02-17, 02:49 PM
DM
When Rikard look at the dragon again, the dragon eyes let him little doubt as what would happen if he would let his greed get the better of himself. The monster still say,
"I havent yet decided what to do with you."
Seeing that Rikard doesnt know how to use the basket, the dragon simply say,
"Just open it and reach into it, you'll find fresh food and water. And thank you for your ale offering."
The mul can sense that the dragon trully is pleased and knows how significative is that gift to Rikard. The dragon take a large bite into the whale flesh, which leave an hole as big as Rikard torso. While chewing, the dragon simply look at Rikard. Once he swallow, the dragon say,
"So, what were you talking about. Oh yeah... Marklett"
Once again, you do feel the monster disgust as he name the city.
"Well it isnt that far from your own city as you think, well at least not for me. But it isnt well known by most of the surface dwellers. Well it is an underground harbour and a free trade city, unruled by neither the surface king, nor any underdark cities. It act mostly as a trading place for what is either illegal, or to trade between the underdark and the westernlands. It isnt some place I would recommand any to visit unless they have a precise purpose. What do you and your friend are hoping to acheive there? "

Arq Kujos
2014-02-17, 09:31 PM
What WERE we doing heading to Marklett? I think it had something to do with that evil wizard inciting the goblins. :smallredface:

Dekkah
2014-02-18, 09:45 AM
You can ask the others OOC. I cannot help you since Iam not sure you know everything you could/should do there lol.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-18, 10:03 AM
"I only recently joined my group of adventurers. We are tracking the movements of a rogue wizard. Named Zaga....Zigi....Zigato? I have never met him and I don't know much about him. My companions believe he whipped up some goblins into a fervor and set them against the city of Bord-Eau. I and mine traveled there by boat from our home in the North. When we arrived to the city to trade, we were impounded and denied the chance to leave. I helped fight off the goblins, along with some unusual allies from other places, but my companions seem to think that it was only the beginning of things." Rikard followed the dragon's commands, and took out a small but fresh loaf of bread. Hungrily, he bit into it, and pulled out a tankard. He drank the water inside, and continued to hungrily eat the bread.

Dekkah
2014-02-18, 11:44 AM
I just remembered something important... you havea reason to go there yourself... hahaha.

Read post 71 to 88 in this very thread.... this will refresh some of your memories.

It is funny, because others have reason to go there as wel (as Antione said OOC)... but i had almost forgot that you had one.

Dekkah
2014-02-18, 11:49 AM
DM
The dragon listen carefully adn ask,
"So think that this Zigato lives in Marlett? That is possible I guess. I dont know him, but I havent been to that city in a long time, so I could not know. So goblins made it across the Neck Peaks? What happened to Fort-Du-Col?"
The dragon seem a little surprised by the news your giving him.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-18, 01:58 PM
"Well, Fort-du-Col is something I'm rather proud of, great one. It was apparently overrun before my ship arrived. We are merchants, looking for a place to sell dwarven cut and carved stone, dwarven steel, and anything else some place might need. I came looking to set up a trade deal. When I arrived, I learned that the fort was overrun by the grobi...er..goblin scum. I and my men aided the city in taking it back, through great suffering and hardship. The human armies attacked the walls while I and my companions attacked through a hidden tunnel under the fort. It was a glorious battle. I even slew a giant!" Rikard beams with pride at the tale.

I don't think the dragon will care too much about my finacial problems. I certainly don't want to confess to owning a gold mine to an elder dragon. I just saw the Hobbit part 2. :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2014-02-18, 03:06 PM
DM
The dragon nod his approoval,
"Helping the humans to retake their fort from goblins is a noble cause. And slaying a giant is always a good thing, well those who would ally with goblins at least."
The dragon take an other bite, then say,
"And so you and your friend are now headed for Marklett searching for the possible mage leader of that goblin attack. Well that city is not beyong hiding such a shady character. You may be right to search there."
There is much resentment in her demeanor as he speaks of the city. He pause for a second, taking an other bite then add, his tone turning to sadness,
"To think that I once protected that city..."
The monster fall silent, lost his her own memories. The monster come back from his souvenirs and tell Rikard,
"When I was younger, quite some time ago, I was actually protecting the port entry point of Marklett. I was aware of course that being a link between the surface and underdark, it was bound to have mor than its share of shady characters. But the man who approached me, the mayor of Marklett, seemed honest enough and his request made sense. He asked me to keep a close watch on the port entry, to prevent pirates and the likes to raid it and attack his city in exchange for tributes. I accepted as it also let me kept a close eye on who came out as well. That way I could make sure armies of the underdark could not come out. This was a win win situation for me."
The old creature take an other bite, before resuming his story,
"Everything was good until my son neared the age of independancy. He was intrigued by the underground, and mingled into some of Marklett affairs. His casue was just and good, he wanted ot help free goliaths and dwarven slaves from some mines. But he got killed in that attempt..."
The dragon voice becomes repressed as he fall silent for a moment. As he speak again, his tone slowly build up into anger.
"After that, I went to see Marklett representatives about the incident, but they decided to protect the slaver bastard, as he was an important man in the city! I took things into my own claws and avenged my son."
The monster feel no remosre from doing so, nor does he seem to really feel pleasure either.
"I found Hal’ithermastil corpse, or what was left of him. I went to see a priest, but she could not do anything for him. She told me that his spirit was unreachable for some reason that she did not understood. I did search, but...."
The creature sad voice turn silent, his eyes looking empty. The silence is lasting this time.

The silence is long enough to stop there (if you wanna react, step in or do something

Arq Kujos
2014-02-18, 04:05 PM
"I am a mere man, great one. I cannot understand your suffering. I can understand slavery, though. If your son died saving even a single dwarf, then that is worthy of praise. I know little of the world beyond this one. If there is anything I can do, I am honor bound to do so. It is the least I can do for sparring my life, mighty Mastil’Krasshtheriolia. Well," Rikard said jokingly, "Assuming you DO decide to spar me."

Rikard took another bite of the bread, and thought about the dragon's words. "Are other dwarves slaves in the city? Or did your revenge against the slaver also free them?" Rikard knew the tales of his ancestors. Of how the giants of old once enslaved the dwarves, back when the world was young. It shaped his ancestors forever, teaching them to value their freedom above all things, and to honor their warrior spirit.

"I must confess to you, great wyrm, that I came to this city for a selfish reason, too. My clanhold grows empty as all the land around us is home to our enemies. With little trade, we grow weak. I, as the son of the Thaness, and de facto leader of Rocville, am seeking new lands to trade and to help us regain our financial strength. I was told that Marklett would be a good trading partner. Was I lied to?"

Dekkah
2014-02-19, 08:29 AM
DM
The dragon look stunned as you suggest that you could possibly do something. He remain silent for the rest of your speach. In the end, the creature close its eyes and shake his heads slightly letting out a small nervous laugher.
He quickly regain his senses and look at you again seriously.
"Fear not, I did free the dwarves. I destroyed the slaver clan and made sure that my son last wish, what he gave his life trying, was done. It was the least I could do..."
Sadness returns into the monster demeanor, but he quickly shake it away.
"As for tradign with Marklett... well If I would listen to my heart, I'd tell you to stay away. But that is mostly because of my personnal feeling about the place. There isn't only bad people living there. The city leader might have a tyranical way of doing things, but I knew some people who were worthy of trust there."
The dragon take a bite and add,
"It depends mostly on how you trust the one who told you about this trading partner, and on your personnal feeling about that partner once you meet him. You should trust your feelings, one is never wrong when trusting himself."
The dragon remain silent for a few moments taking a few bites, and his face adn tone serious, he ask,
"Tell me, do you beleive in destiny, in fate, Rickard of house Lohgaine?"

Arq Kujos
2014-02-20, 04:02 PM
"I've always believed that destiny existed only for those willing to follow it blindly. I was raised that it was strength that let my people survive, and that destiny could be malleable if you will it hard enough." Rikard seemed puzzled by the dragon's question. "In the best cases, destiny is something you make for yourself. Why do you ask, oh wise wyrm?What does destiny have to say to one so long lived as yourself?"

Dekkah
2014-02-20, 04:37 PM
DM
If the dragon note Rikard puzzlement, he doesnt show it. He still reply to the mul question.
"I ask becasue if you would had asked me an hour ago, I would have said something similar to you, that fate is something for the fools to beleive in. But now I am not so sure..."
The dragon fall silent, apprenetly pondering. When he realise that you are watching him, he add,
"I am still undecided about what to do with you, but for now, consider yourself my guest. We will talk again later, but I need to ponder some things right now. Keep the food basket for now and you can rest there."
The massive creature point a side tunnel leading into some medium sized cavern that would be barely large enough for him to fit in.
The dragon doesnt really wait for you to reply and heads the other way around his massive treasure. You can hear him dig into the treasure for some time, before everything becomes quite quiet.

After two hours, you hear some voice in your head that you recognise as Antione's.
Rikard, Antoine here. With Bolerum, Ashe. In dead-end, but digging through a cave in. No sign of Ung, Tikka. You can respond, twenty-five words - status?

I assumed you would go with the dragon wishes. If you wanna try something before he leave, or do something specialtell me.

Also, what do you do for the first 2 hours or so? (Until you receive Antione's message)... dont forget to include your reply... and do you reply mentaly or loudly?

I kinda fastforwarded the 2 hours as the other group is waiting on that answer hehe... but feel free to try anything that could force me to retcon and wait to reply to Antiones if the result fo that could affect your message.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-20, 06:12 PM
I didn't just survive being eaten to piss off the dragon now.

Am alive. Am "guest" of dragon. Cannot escape. Dragon is friendly so far. If not possible to escape, will meet in Marklett. Rikard thinks the spell quietly, not wanting to alert the dragon or cause him to view Rikard as a threat. Taking his basket back to his "room", Rikard surveys his surroundings.

Dekkah
2014-02-21, 10:01 AM
DM
An other hour past after you receive Antione's message, before Mastil come back to see Rikard. The dragon doesnt invide Rikard room but say,
"Are you awake Rikard?"
When the mul comes out, the dragon look at him for a few moments and finaly ask,
"Do you really beleive you can do something for my son spirit? That you might find him and free him? Or was that just a jest?"
The large magical beast appear serious and hopeful, but he still look you directly in the eyes, probing for insights and answers, looking for truth.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-21, 11:25 AM
"I would do anything I could to help avenge one who died protecting my people. I have the luxury of being able to move freely without having to weigh my concerns for my people right now. I don't know anything about your son, or his death, but if I discover anything, I'd be honored to help save his soul." Rikard offers his hand to the dragon, a rare gesture of friendship. Regardless of his response, Rikard asks "Why do you ask? You mentioned fate before, as if you knew something you were not telling me. If you know anything, any details at all, they would aid me. My allies are crafty and strong of heart.

Dekkah
2014-02-21, 11:45 AM
DM
The dragon peer into Rikard's eye for some time, and finaly, rise hiw right clawed hand. Weirdly, the monster carefully use the tip of his claws to pick up some sheet of paper tucked between two of his large bronze scales. He handle the paper very carefully and hand it to Rikard.
"I was given this very long ago by some gyspy wizard with whom I did some dealings with. He gave me this claiming he was some seer and telling me that this was some sight he've got about my future."
The paper looks old and to have not been taken good care of, having surely been soaked at least once before. Still, it is dry enough and the ink is still possible to decipher easyly enough. It is the size of a regular book and actually look to have been thorn from one, from the look of the left side of the sheet.

Woken from his slumber by the great quake
The brass lord, bronze risen among brass,
Will meet the battlelord swimming out of a blue ring,
Son of man and dwarf, he will find and free the brass lord kin.

The dragon look at Rikard reaction and add,
"As I said, I've never really beleived in set fate, but I am reconsidering my views right now. What do you think?"

DO you start to feel safer now? :smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2014-02-21, 09:22 PM
"One of my own is a seer of sorts, oh mighty one. My time with him has certainly lead me to believe that fate is a real thing, but that it can be altered too. I cannot say if all of fate is written, or merely certain events. All I can say is that I am an honorable man, and that honor is one of the few currencies we can take with us when we leave this world."

Dekkah
2014-02-23, 12:41 PM
DM
The great wyrm nod and say
"I dont know how good the seer you know is, but either the one I've meet was really lucky or he really could predict the future. Bill tore this page from his own book and told me I would need this later."
The dragon pause thinking then say,
"While I did not really beleive in it then, now I think, or maybe I hope for my son,s fate, that this could be real. There was an earthquake yesterday, and it woke me from a long slumber. You probably noticed, but I am a bronze dragon, but I was risen by brass dragon after my own sire got slain long ago. In turn I took care of one of my sister sibblings when she passed away, making my adoptive son brass. So I guess brass lord would be quite fitting to describe me."
The dragon look at you and say,
"If I am not mistaken, you are a mul, sired by human and dwarves right? And then you tell me you would help me looking for my son, as he predicted..."
The dragon pause, leaving it at that, awaiting to see what you have to say.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-25, 09:44 AM
"Aye, I am the son of dwarves and men. Many of the men in my home have a little bit of dwarf blood in them. Our blending of dwarven and human cultures have made us strong, but we are few in numbers."

Rikard stopped, and looked back down at the paper. "Did this prophet of yours say anything about what actually happened to your son or how I'm to save him?"

Dekkah
2014-02-25, 10:01 AM
DM
The dragon shake his head.
"No, he did not. Since I was not really beleiving him anyway, I did not ask for more.... maybe I should have."
The dragon seem to have some regrets. He look at you again and after a few moments, you can see in his eyes that he took some decision.
"I'll build my hopes on you then. It might go beyong logic, but I'll trust in this prophet, and in you. You were nothing but honest since we've met. The first three lines did happen, I can only hope the last one will as well. Take this prophecy sheet with you, Rikard Loghaine."
The dragon look at Rikard and ask,
"You should take some rest here before you leave, it is almost night time anyway. You're still going to Marklett right, hoping to meet up with the friend you got separated from? The underground path leading there can be hazardous and filled with creatures. I dont think you can see in darkness, and bringing light there could draw creatures to you, and being alone can be dangerous. Do you have a way to see in total darkness?"

Arq Kujos
2014-02-25, 02:40 PM
Rikard nodded, feeling a surge of pride at the idea of being trusted by a mighty dragon. Of all the things to happen to him on this journey, this was not something he'd have imagined. "No, I cannot see in the dark. I lack the eyes of my ancestors." Rikard thought about it. "My party used torches to see, though we did have an orc with us as well. He could see in the dark, if I remember." Rikard wrinkled his nose at the words, an ancient hatred breed into him. Still, Ung had been loyal and honest, which was more than could be said of some men.

"Oh great wyrm, while I rest, do you think I could ask a favor of you? I am a blacksmith as well as a miner and a leader, and I was wondering if you could share any wisdom about the craft? Dwarven craftsmenship is unequaled in the world, but I am sure that I could and would learn much from you. Even a chance to simply examine a few pieces of old equipment would be a chance to learn things long forgotten. I mean no disrespect, and I harbor no ill intent. I just simply cannot help but ask in the presence of such great treasures. Not the gold, great one, but the knowledge. I am not a well learned man. I slept through many classes of history, but I was always drawn to the old images of great holds and mighty statues carved even into mountains."

Rikard humbled himself again before the dragon, remembering his place before so wise and noble a beast. "I dream of being able to create such wonders that were lost. My people live in an ancient hold which has not stood the test of time well. I want to restore my people's honor and glory. I want them to feel the pride in our history that I feel when I swing my hammer on a battlefield."

Arq Kujos
2014-02-25, 02:42 PM
Consider this an expansion on Rikard's motivation. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2014-02-25, 02:46 PM
I'll let you roll your own diplomacy roll (note that your roleplay so far did lower the DC :smallbiggrin: )

Arq Kujos
2014-02-25, 02:48 PM
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-25, 04:04 PM
DM
The dragon listen to Rikard request and his eyes grow wide and a frown appear on his face as Rikard talk about examining his hoard. Still, Rikard flatery and explanation quickly calm the dragon, who finally seem please by the interest of the fighter in the lore of the craft.
"Sure you can stay for as long as you please. I had not someone to talk with for quite some time. Come along."
The dragon lead Rikard near his hoard, he pull some large flat chest from the gold mountain and place it on the ground.
"I dont have proper human chairs, this could do well enough I guess. Wait here, I'll get a few pieces that will surely intesrest you."
The dragon dig into his treasure, pulling out many ancient items of various cultures. And start to discuss their lore with you. Some are relatively recent, but a few are very ancient, coming from lost civilisation. The dragon goes into details, passing quite some time on each items, explaining their origin, but also the various techniques used to craft and differences between each items.
I know as a mul, you can go without sleep for 3 days. How long do you wish to listen to the dragon? He can go 3 days as well.
Note that you can even sleep and resume after the sleep time... the dragon is in no hurry.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-25, 05:50 PM
Rikard isn't much of a historian, but learning fighting techniques and smithing techniques are of great interest to him. I'll have Rikard stay awake for a few days, and then ask for some sleep. If I can get another sending out Antione, I'll try to set a time table with him and see how long Rikard can enjoy this.

As much as I am LOVING the simple rp implications of this, is there going to be any other gains made by this? Improving Smithing rates or requiring less materials? Maybe some sexy new gear made while "practicing" the new craft? All of the above? :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 09:52 AM
DM
September 4th - 5th, 1500 :
Rikard and Mastil spend the next two days, without sleep, talking about various items in the large dragon hoard. It becomes quickly evident to the dragon that Rikard have a lot of interest in the metallic armors and Mastil focus on that. The dragon actually have many different masterwork armor and explain them to the mul in detail. The draconic creature even explain many other type of armor that could be done and they forging process, even though he doesnt have any with him. In the end, Rikard mul tireless stamina reach its limit and the hero excuse himself to get some rest.

September 6th, 1500 :

When Rikard wake up, everything is calm in the cavern. He cannot hear the dragon breathing.

Yeah you do get some bonus from all this. You can make any masterwork chain, Scale or Plate armor type you want. Of course you need to have access to whatever is required (like an armor forged in elemental chaos fire, require you to go there or get some elemntal chaos fire source, or an armor made of insect shell need the shells) and you need it to be enchanted afterward to benefit from their special propreties (with the minimal enchant).

If you dont know about that kind of armor, check out the adventurer vault. It is bascily better armor bonus (sometimes give other defense bonus as well), but they require a minimal enchant level.

Now you cannot hear Mastil... nor does he respond to your call if you try that.. What do you do?

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 10:06 AM
Rikard grew a bit nervous as he didn't hear anything. Then again, the dragon could have been out gathering food or intelligence. Or even worse, this might be a test of Rikard's honor to see what he might do if presented with temptation. Rikard helps himself to some bread and water from his basket and then begins to go back over his notes from discussing the armor types. After a bit of studying, Rikard straps on his chest plate and the heavy pack and goes through his training regiment. He swings his hammer up and down, moving his body as he does. Pushups, squats, and leg stretches follow. Once he shakes the stiffness out of his body, Rikard soon grows brave and goes out, looking to see where the dragon is.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and roll perception. See if I can fine any clues about where he went and if he came back.

[roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 10:18 AM
DM
Rikard take time to listen carefully and walk out of his cavern room. He is quite sure that the dragon isnt there.

The mul walks closer to the dragon treasure and look for tracks in the dust. He can see some dragon tracks in the dust and loose stone that he consider to be fresh as they are over those Rikard made before getting to sleep. The dragon seem to have gone into the tunnel where they came from earlyer, which lead to the crack Rikard dug to get out of the water. The mul remember that the cavern there keeps going the other way as well.

What do you do?

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 10:53 AM
Rikard takes the time to ready his belongings and armor and heads down the tunnel to see where the dragon went.

Perception: [roll0]

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 12:02 PM
I dont know if you are still reading the IC thread, but from now on, you HAVE to stop reading it. Antione will put something in there that could influence your decisions and action... so please resist the temptation of reading it

I'll tell you when you can start reading it again if you really wanna keep up to date with their story.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 12:10 PM
I dont know if you are still reading the IC thread, but from now on, you HAVE to stop reading it. Antione will put something in there that could influence your decisions and action... so please resist the temptation of reading it

I'll tell you when you can start reading it again if you really wanna keep up to date with their story.

"I have been reading it, but I won't anymore. I'll just catch up when I am allowed to.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 12:12 PM
I've not read Shadow's latest post, by the way.

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 12:13 PM
DM
Rikard heads down the tunnel and quickly arrive where was the crack in the floor, but it isnt there anymore. Inspecting the area, the mul notice a slight irregularity in the stone floor, letting him know he actually remember the spot right. From the look of it, the draogn used some magic to fille the gap with stone, as this isnt some mortar and one could not physicaly fill it with such perfect stone.

Rikard head down into the rest of the tunnel and finaly end up in front of some dead end with a small underground lake. Looking again,he realise that it isnt a lake, but simply a tunnel large enough for the dragon to swim into.

The mul ponder what to do, as he did not see any other passage along the way when the dragon emerge from the water, with some 15 feet long fish in its maw. Rikard have to step back leaving room for the dragon to enter the cavern, and once he is inside, he drop the fish onto the ground.
"I've looked and found some deer for you to eat if you prefer fresh meat. If you dont want it, I'll eat it myself."
The mul note the medium sized deer that look puny into the dragon claw, along with a few log of wood.
"The wood is to actually roast it. I know your race dont really like raw meat. Shall we go eat?"

As you head down into the tunnel after the dragon, he ask Rikard ,
"Are you still staying or do you plan to leave today?"

It is still possible that you will get a message from Antione.... not sure about it, since you are a full day ahead of them right now.
It is even more possible with what Antione remember - reason you cannot read IC.

We might have to roleplay a bit/chat / or wait to see what they decide to do.

sO if you have stuff you wanna ask do so. We have time.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 12:22 PM
"I thank you for the meat, great dragon. Your hospitality has been most gracious." Rikard walks over to the deer and lifts it up. Carrying it back with him, he continues to talk. "I was not sure where you went. I wanted to be prepared in case something happened. Forgive me if my caution offended you. However, we do need to talk. I do need to get on the road to Maklett again. My comrades are surely on their way, and I need to get to them. I wish I could stay and learn as much as possible from you, possibly until I aged away. Sadly, I have to go. If there is any thing you need to tell me, or anything you could teach me before I go, I would love to learn. Otherwise, I must be on my way."

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 12:56 PM
DM
The dragon laugh and say,
"I could surely teach you so much you would not live long enough to learn it all. But this require time, and time isnt something you have if you want to rejoin with your friends I guess."
The dragon actually look a little sad, probably because he appreaciated your compagny, but then his demeanor change to something else, hope mostly,
"Then again, I guess what is written on the prophecy wont happen if you stay here either. So let's eat again and I'll help you to get on your way."

The monster put both log on the ground and ask Rikard to stay back. He start to put toggther some magic ritual and after a few minutes, the log start to cut iteself into logs, some loose stone roll over to make some fire pit and the fire light itself up.

"Here you can roast your meat. Do you know how to get to Marklett?"

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 01:17 PM
"I wish I did, but I don't. We were being guided by the orc, but once the cave in hit and we were sidetracked in the old ruins. I honestly don't know where I am."

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 01:29 PM
DM
The dragon reply,
"We are at the bottom of the Lost Bay, or so the humans call it now. So you lost your guide then. I cannot guide you there myself and I dont have a map." The dragon fell silent for a few second, apparently realsiing something. She seem to internaly debate something, and end up shaking her head and laugh nervouly saying her mind out loud.
"Of course, that is what he meant back then."
The huge creature look at you, his face serious.
"I actually have the solution to both your problems, or so I think. But if I take that path, you must swear to me you will keep him safe, on your very life, and bring him back to me someday."

((Lost Bay = La Baie Perdue on the map))

Oh look something shiny!

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 01:38 PM
We actually should wait befoer you reply... let me see first what Antione does IC.... this can be important.. I'd prefer not to retcon that much if he decide to do something important.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 01:43 PM
Sendings can always fail. :P

"I owe you a debt for saving my life, feeding me, and most of all not eating me. I swear, that as long as I have breath, I will endeavor to return your son to you, in whatever form he is in. What path do you speak of?"

Dekkah
2014-02-26, 01:51 PM
I must admit I am enjoying this part a lot and I am tempted to just go along lol. (have sending fail if he try again).

But then Antioen did remember something very important that I 've put there for him long ago (that may affect all this).
It would be a shame to actually put it aside (beleive me, he pulled that one out of nowhere... even I had forgotten I had given him that information lol...)

So I'll stall here for now... leaving you haning and wait to see what he decide to do. We should be fixed within a day... Antione post quite reliably... he just post somewhere between 10 PM and 8 AM , with some rare post around noon, since he moved away.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-26, 01:55 PM
I must admit I am enjoying this part a lot and I am tempted to just go along lol. (have sending fail if he try again).

But then Antioen did remember something very important that I 've put there for him long ago (that may affect all this).
It would be a shame to actually put it aside (beleive me, he pulled that one out of nowhere... even I had forgotten I had given him that information lol...)

So I'll stall here for now... leaving you haning and wait to see what he decide to do. We should be fixed within a day... Antione post quite reliably... he just post somewhere between 10 PM and 8 AM , with some rare post around noon, since he moved away.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! This is such a cool exchange of characters! I want to help this dragon(dragoness?). I want to save the soul of the lost dragon. I want to see Rikard forge a lasting friendship with a powerful dragon that would benefit his home, himself, and the party. And I certainly wouldn't mind some free gifts. :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2014-02-27, 02:50 PM
DM
The dragon lock his eyes for along time with Rikard's. The dragon gaze his heavy to sustain, but Rikard is firm in his beleifs and truthful in his words, which make him feel no fear, at least none other than he is facing a dragon that more than likely can eat him in one bite.

After some tense seconds, the mul hear the dragon sigh, a weird sign that look like some resignation, then he says solemnly,
"Come with me Rikard, of house Loghaine."
The dragon lead Rikard around his hoard, letting Rikard see even more of the large treasure. The fighter can see some hole in the coin mountain, of the size of Mastil, which he assume must be where the monster sleeps. Just beside that bed, some stone shaft comes out of the coins. Atop that shaft, you see the head of a medium sized brass dragon. As you approach the pillar following Mastil, you realise that while it was indeed a genuine dragon head before, it have been turned into some helmet.

The dragon turn around once he is beside the helmet and looking at Rikard. He answer that question that is starting to form in the mul mind before it even is asked,
"This is the only thing left of my son. Those who killed him used his head to make some helmet out of it."
While Rikard do hear some rage in the dragon tone, it is overshadowed but all the sorrow caused by the recounting of these past events.
"I did question them about what they did before I killed them. They told me they had some mage create this helmet for them, using some weird magic. They claimed that the mage did bind some of my son memories into it, so the wearer could access them and know every places Hal’ithermastil had even been. That is actually how I learned he was dead, when these barstard walked into my lair, thinking they could steal my treasure."

The dragon become silent for a moment then say,
"I've been spending a long time mourning him, looking at this reminder of what happened. But you are now giving me hope, hope that maybe one day I'll see my son again. The mage did tell me I'd have to give you something to help you, something I might not want to part with."
The dragon look at the helmet again, and it is obvious that he is fighting his how desires right now as he says,
"Yet again, he was right. This is probably the most valuable thing in this room for me. And yet, it is what can be the most useful for you. If the murderer were telling the truth, and I dont doubt that, it can guide you where ever Hal’ithermastil had even gone, taking the paths he knew to go there. And this helmet have been enchanted with the darkvision spell."
The gargantuan creature stop, pain plainly written in his eyes, and he finaly say,
"Take it. I can only hope it help you fulfil the rest of Bill prophecy."

Oh, look, a shiny helmet! You did ask for a "Free" gift

What do you do.

At this point, Antione could still do a sending, but i dont think he will say something that will prevent anything that is happen and you from taking this path... from what I understood.

Arq Kujos
2014-02-27, 06:34 PM
Rikard looks at the helmet with awe, seeing something of great value. "There are no words that I can give to thank you for such an incredible item." Rikard finds himself moved beyond all belief, and he takes the helmet reverently. Rikard places it on his head, and feels the magic surge into his body. Rikard removed his glove, and held it out his hand to the dragon. "On my blood, and the blood of my ancestors, I swear to you that I will save your son's soul." Rikard draws his small knife, mostly used for cooking, and draws the blade over his hand. He squeezes the hand tightly, letting the blood pool on the floor. "An oath of blood is the strongest thing I can offer you. If I fail, may the halls of Moradin bar their doors until your son is free." Rikard smiled, feeling a bond with this dragon as he felt his blood run from his hand. "If you bleed with me, then our oath is complete, mighty Mastil. You have been my teacher, and one day, I would sit beside your son and learn again. May the gods guard us both until the day I return." Rikard holds out his hand for Mastil to see, and hopes the dragons returns the gesture.

Dekkah
2014-02-28, 01:26 PM
DM
Rikard can see the dragon's sadness as he take his son head. As he pick up the headgear, the dargon close his eyes in acceptation.
The mul inspect the helmet and realise that the head actually havent been altered much, if at all. It is whole, with the maw and even some part of the neck. It is as iff it only have been emptied of its brain, eyes, tongue and most of the muscles, the inside being directly the monster skull, while the outside it the scaled skin of a dragon. Only a few padding have been added inside for confort and help it stay in place.

When Rikard put it on, it fit quite well. The size of the dragon was either the perfect size for some human, being a little loose, but not too much. Since it doesnt look to have been altered, either that was lucky or the enchanter actually used magic to reshape and resize it. The mul eye are aligned directly into the helmet empty eye sockets and the mul mouth and nose are positionned relatively well into the dragon maw. Even his ears seem in a decent postion as he can hear as well he would with any other full helmet. The neck skin cover the fighter neck and even extend a little over his shoulder.

As the mul speaks, his voice is sligthly altered by the maw opening, sounding a little more resounding, which is quite natural. This draw the dragon attention again, and the monster look quite touched by the fighter oath. Using one of his own claw, the monster slice his forearm open, letting his own blood drop onto the ground, missing your your own pool.
"So be it!" reply the dragon solemnly.

Rikard then start to adjust the dragon neck skin correctly over his armor and as his bloodied hand touch the helm, everything turn black in an instant.

You suddenly are in some mine shaft and jump down in an open area, pouncing on two guard. Your clawed hands, tearing them into peice quickly. 4 more guard comes from a side tunnel and you suddenly breath some fire at them, killing two of them and injuring the other two severely. Not wasting a second, you rush forward and using your claws and bite , you finish the two injured mens and rush down into the tunnel.

You arrive at a large open area, where a mix of 20 goliaths and dwarves are mining, in chains. 4 more guard, a man, 2 dwergars and an ogre come at you, while a few more soldier make sure to control the slaves. You fight hard and taking a few hits, but still manage to slay your attackers quickly.

You then rush at the nearest group of slaves and kill their jailor, throwing the corpse toward the chained dwarves and goliaths. You hear yourself say, in a booming voice,
"Hurry, take the key and free yourselves! We need to get out of here."
Not waiting for them ot reply, you rush at the other 3 slavers that regrouped to face you, while two other guards at an other entry point flee in a tunnel. After a few moments, you manage to overpower the guard.

The slaves work quickly to free themselves, but before they are ready to move out, a large group of fighters, which include a few ogres come into the room.
"Run that way, I'll cover you!", you say, using your tail to point the tunnel you came in from, before rushing at the incoming soldiers. The fight is intense, and you manage to kill a few, but your are soon getting swarmed and three of the ogres manage to grab you before you can try to escape, pummeling you into unconciousness.

You wake up in some room chained onto the ground. The human, a strong and muscular blond man, the same one who was leading the squad that defeated you is talking with some weird looking man, surely some sort of mage. The mage wear a black robe and many other trinkets, all surely magical. He have some plain face, but what attract your attention are his weird white eyes, that look almost like some fog.

"So you want me to make some helm from this one head and to put his soul into it? I can do that, but a dragon mind, even one as young as this one will be able to overpower yours easyly.", says the man. While that could have been an insult, the mage tone is said in a matter of fact tone and the other man doesnt look insulted, or if he is, hide it well.
"I just want the dragon memories, to locate his lair. Can this be done?"
"Of course, I can do that. You might have other memories as well, as memories are complex and all linked, but I can make sure you have what you need. Will you mind if I keep the rest of creature soul then?"

The blond man shrug, "You can have it, but I also want this helm enchanted, with some strong enchant."

The mage laugh and reply, "That will cost you Berric and you know it, right?"

The man nod, "Yeah, fear not, I'll pay whatever. Just make it as powerfull as you can."

"Of course, should not be too hard using some dragon spirit in the process. Pull your axe, I'll need this beast slain to collect his soul."

The mage pull out a small stone, that you recognise as a soul stone. You try to free yourself, struggling as much as you can as the man grab his axe, rising it high and swinging it down at your neck.

Rikard wake up goaning, laying on his back on the ground. It take a moment for the mul to actually cope with reality, realising that this was one of the dragon memories, probably his last one. You see that Mastil is looking at you, apparently worried and quite puzzled.
"Are you ok Rikard?"

Shaking your head, you realise that the helmet isnt loose at all anymore. Touching it again, you actually feel it compressed against your whole head, and even the neck skin, which was sliced open in front before to let you slide your head in, now is completly closed around your neck. It even extend under your armor and clothes, skin to sink, down your neck up to your shoulders. While it isnt unconfortable, it is a little unsettling.

Ok, was a little long to write, might have made some grammar error... sorry lol.
I do try to be fair, but if you feel that I wronged you or really dislike something I do, dont be afraid to tell me ;).. i am an adaptaive DM :smalltongue:

As an exemple, my original plan was to have the crocodile abduct you and flee with you, so the dragon catch him and find you in his guts...
It almost worked.. you even positionnned you right where I expected you to be sothe crocodile to actuallly swallow you (you were the logical choice lol... looked logical even thought it was planned lol).

But with all the efforts deployed by the others, the crocodile didnt made it away fast enough and was killed ... While I could have buffed the crocodile a bit to save this idea, I always try to stay logical and reward player effort/ingenuiosity, even if it can break my story (since I write them I can always patch up later anyway... as I did with this teleporting trap/skill challenge lol)

It actually changed the roleplay scene a bit, but this turned out quite fun the way it happened too, and even added more details and dept to your character side story develloping here.

Anyway, lets see where you're gonna go with this.

Arq Kujos
2014-03-01, 09:43 AM
No no, they were supposed to join the wounds together and share blood. Its an old warrior tradition that sharing blood made one blood brothers, and would unite their spirits in battle.

Rikard caught some of the dragon's blood, and felt it mix with his own. The bonding of the two made it clear that Rikard now would follow this oath until his death and even afterwards if needed. He felt the blood swirl through his body like a bolt of lightning, and Rikard felt awake and alive.

As he came back to after his vision, Rikard coughed, and slowly raised himself to his feet. "I saw.....his last moments. I saw the man who bound his soul. Your son is a prisoner. Trapped by a foul mage and his plot. I'd be willing to bet he's even associated with, or possibly the same wizard we are tracking." Suddenly, Rikard stopped talking, and grasped his throat, and then his jaw. He was surprised by the new sound of his voice. How it was deeper, and more robust. It surprised him how well it fit, and how well it made him sound.

"When I find this mage, and I free your son, would you care for the mages's skull as a reminder? My people would leave the skulls of our enemies before the gates of our cities in ages long past to warn invaders of their fate." Rikard was surprised that the helmet inspired his battle lust, but he had seen this noble dragon's last moments, and had felt the axe bite his own neck. This felt personal to him, and he would not let it slide.

Can I get the actual stats of the helmet? And I hope I didn't embellish it too much. I like the idea that Rikard might even become a second son of this dragon, and that he's reacting to this as if he himself were killed instead of the dragon's son.

Also, is Mastil male or female? Its not clear. Not that Rikard would probably be able to tell.

Perception to determine gender(If needed): [roll0]

Dekkah
2014-03-03, 09:39 AM
powers? What makes you think this helm is magical? :smallwink:

DM
Rikard look at the magestic dragon, trying to guess his gender, but in the end he have to admit he doesnt know engouh about the race to find a solid clue to be sure of anything.

The dragon look sad as Rikard confirm the his son is being trap somewhere.
"I am beyong anger now. I took my revenge long ago. I just want my son free, even if it is only so he can rest in peace."
The dragon stay silent for some time, greiving a little about the situation.

Rikard test the helmet a little, trying to feel the magic. He realise that he doesnt see in darkness as Mastil said and taking some time, he can understand the helmet magic. It is beyong anything he've ever seen before. Of course, the helmet seem to have reacted to his touch, or maybe his blood, and sealed itself around his neck and onto his head, but Rikard beleive he could remove the locked helmet if he really wanted to. He also feel the there is two different powers within the helm, and some space for some more enchant. Taking some time to actually focus on the different power, he realise that one would grant him some darkvision, while the other would bolster his charge attacks. Working his mind toward one power activate it, and Rikard suddenly see throught darkness. He then try the same thing on the other power, and the darkvision is replaced by the offensive power, letting him use the dragon horns during a charge attack.

Thinking about Marklett, the mul can sense that he knows how to get there. While he doesnt really know the full path, he knows which way he should go, which is toward the dragon lair exit, into the water. Rikard know he'll have to swim, but he isnt sure how for how long.

The dragon break the slence and ask,
"So, when are you leaving?"

Ok, dont look for this helmet anywhere ;) It is home made (and part of a quest as you can see/guess).

Here are his powers :
Hal’ithermastil skull

Heah gear.

Proprety :
This helmet can containt 3 differents enchants. Each enchant must be made for an head gear. Enchabnt magic item, disenchant magic item or transfert enchant can be use to alterate the enchants slots, but the skull itself cannot be altered

Proprety :
Thinking of a destination Hal’ithermastil already went to, you know the way the dragon knew to get there.

Enchant 1 :Goggles of Night
Level 14
This eyewear provides you with darkvision.
Item Slot: Head 21,000 gp
Property: Gain darkvision.
Enchant 2 : Horned Helm
Level 6+
This horned helmet increases the damage you deal when making
a charge attack.
Lvl 16 45,000 gp
Item Slot: Head
Property: you charge attack deals 2d6 extra damage.
Enchant 3 : Empty

Power : You can chage which enchant is active with a minor action.

Power : You, and only you, can remove the helmet using a standard action.

I wonder, are you still jealous of the other who found a few magic items? :smalltongue:

I'll had this into the first post of this thread for references.

Arq Kujos
2014-03-05, 08:41 AM
"The sooner I leave, the better. I cannot accomplish my goals here."

Sorry I'm so short. I was sick Thursday and Friday, my grandmother had a stroke last week and had to have surgery, and we got snowed out yesterday.

Dekkah
2014-03-06, 10:54 AM
That 's sad... hope everything get better for you buddy.

We are in no hurry... the tohers are behind you in time... and they might have to fight their way out... we will see how it turns out.... they have a decent idea...

Arq Kujos
2014-03-06, 11:11 AM
Cool. Thanks. My grandmother is doing better. She had 2 surgeries but she is recovering.

I'm ready to send Rikard on his way whenever you are.

Dekkah
2014-03-12, 11:42 AM
Just to tell you I did not forget you. I am just waiting to see how thing turn out for the others. IIt mighty affect what will happen for you :smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2014-03-12, 03:38 PM
I'm just waiting patiently. I'm good. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2014-03-20, 09:43 AM
DM
The mul get his gear ready and walk toward the exit of the cavern, OInce he reach the water, he knows he can take a few different paths to get to Marklett, but the closest one look like quite a long swim that might take him many minutes to get to. The fighter isnt sure he can make it even assuming the current are friendly. Even getting to the surface from this depth, which Rikard realise he knows how far it is somehow, would be extremly hard for the mul and could mean death by drowning.

You really thought it would be that easy?

Arq Kujos
2014-03-20, 12:06 PM
What are my other options? Drowning really isn't in the cards for me right now. Not unless I find a waterbreathing helmet.

Dekkah
2014-03-20, 01:18 PM
Well unless you have some waterbreathing means (by yourself) you'll have to find some solution :smallwink:

Dekkah
2014-04-07, 08:41 AM
Hi buddy, are you still around?

Arq Kujos
2014-04-08, 01:40 PM
I'm here, I'm just really stuck on what to do.

Dekkah
2014-04-09, 09:38 AM
DM
Message received by the end of September 4th (back in time, during the days you learned from the dragon) :
You receive a message from Antione,
Antoine again. Rescued Ung from slavers. Tikka killed, turned to stone. Looking for her body. Found route to Marklett, met Grok and Grik. Your status?
You know you can reply with 25 words.

Note that you dont know what will; happen to you still at that point (you>'ve got the helm on the 6th.

September 6th, 1500, Morning :
Rikard stay silent, staring at the water for some time, until he hears the dragon voice behind him,
"Is there a problem?"

Arq Kujos
2014-04-11, 06:50 AM
Dungeoneering Check to see if I can find a safe way.

[roll0]

Reply to Antione's Message: I am safe for now. Have convinced the dragon to spare me. With time, will try to escape or leave peacefully.

Dekkah
2014-04-16, 01:57 PM
Dungeoneering (24) :

Thinking about the situation, you are sure it would be a miracle for you to manage to swim up to the closest underdark entry point. You actually 'know' many possible path out from this entry, but unless the area changed since dragon died, none of them are close enough to be safe. You know there is no other exit to this cave either, from the draogn memories.

DM
The dragon beside you look puzzled at your hesitation, but after a few moments, he let out a small laugher.
"Let me guess, your not a good swimmer and you cannot breath water? I guess my lair is far from any breathable air pockets, on purpose of course. I think I have some water breathing potion, taken from the mens who tryed to invade my lair. I can also help you to the closest underdark entrace, the one that my son used to get to Marklett if you want."

Arq Kujos
2014-04-17, 07:34 AM
Rikard

"That would be very much appreciated."

Dekkah
2014-04-22, 06:46 AM
DM
Mastil return to his lair and return a few minutes later with 4 potions.
"These should grant you water breathing. You wont have to use them now, but if you ever want to return here, you'll probably need them. I'll trust your discretion about me, I would prefer not to have intruders walk into my home. Hang on tight to me and I'll bring you to the underdark entry point near here, I am a good swimmer."

You climb atop the dragon and Mastil jump into the water. The gracious creature is even more agile in water and swim as well as a fish. Within a minute, you reach the entry that would have taken you possibly 4 or 5. The opinion is too small for the dragon to go in, but his head still break the water. The dragon say,
"If you follow this path, you should be able to reach Marklett. I think you need to go left at the first intersection."
Thinking about it, you know Mastil is right and you know you could reach Marklett in roughly 2 days.

Anything you wanna say or do befroe I narate forward?
I'll narate the 2 next days, so if you have stuff you wanna do during the trsvel (or rest time) tell me.

Also, had 4 Elixir or water breathing to your sheet(level 8 item, grant 1 hour of waterbreathing)

Arq Kujos
2014-04-23, 08:25 AM
Nope. I'm good. Let's move this along.

Dekkah
2014-04-23, 09:31 AM
DM
September 6th - 7th, 1500 :
You part way with the dragon, who look sad to see you leave.
With the added navigation knowledge of the dragon and the darkvision granted by the helmet, you manage to move fast and mostly undetected. Only twice you met creatures, and both time you managed to prevent battle with your understanding, or to be more acurate, the dragon knowledge of the area. Once you are tired, you find some nice place easyly defended alone in case of attack, but none came. After some rest, you march an other 6 hours and finaly reach Marklett. The city access, a tunnel with openned double steel door is guarded by 4 guards in heavy armour, three of which are duergar, but the ranked officer is human. The man speak as he saw you, and actually look fooled by your helmet as he say,
"Halt dragonborn! Identify yourself and state your buisness."

Dekkah
2014-05-05, 09:36 AM
Are you still around?
Are you delaying on purpose to see what others do and for them to catch up in time with you?

Arq Kujos
2014-05-13, 02:42 PM
I'm mostly delaying to let the others catch up.

Arq Kujos
2014-05-26, 05:07 PM
Rikard

"I am Rikard Loghaine, of Rocville. I was traveling with my companions when a cave-in separated us. I'm hoping to find them since this is where we were venturing to." Rikard does not take off his helmet, and simply stands there with his arms crossed and weapons undrawn.

Dekkah
2014-05-28, 11:28 AM
DM
The man rise an eyebrow and say,
"Rocville you say? That's from the land above. What are you friends name and describe them, I might have seen them come in."
While the man is speacking with autority, his tone isnt agressive.

Arq Kujos
2014-05-28, 05:31 PM
Rikard

Rikard nodded, and approached slowly to not have to shout. "Indeed, Rocville is above, but our dwarven holds extend deep into the earth. I come on behalf of Bord-Eau, along with my companions, though, I do not carry the papers to prove it. As I said, my companions and I were separated by the earthquake."

Rikard cracked his knuckles, and thought for a moment. "I was traveling with a small group. An orc named Ung was our guide, and we consisted of a paladin named Bolerum, an elf named Ashe, a human wizard named Antoine, and a young goblin witch named Tika." Rikard's tone was one of displeasure at the mention of Tika. Racial hatred went a long way.

Dekkah
2014-06-16, 10:45 AM
DM
The soldier look at you fora few seconds, then nod,
"We felt that quake ouselves. It was a rough one. I am not aware of our missing friends passage here, but you should check out the 3 other gates, they might have seen them. If they come in after you, I'll tell them that you came in dragonborn. You may proceed, but know that the law in Marklett are few but strict and upheld. Murders, excet in the arena, are punished by hanging. Thievery is rewarded by loosing an hand. Stirring trouble get you an 50 lashes and a day in the cells."

Dekkah
2014-06-18, 09:43 AM
Note that you will have roughly half a day for yourself before the tohers came in... decide what you wanna do with it :smallamused:

Arq Kujos
2014-06-18, 09:56 AM
Rikard will probably start taking a lay of the land, and begin looking around for clues about his personal quest.

Dekkah
2014-06-18, 10:47 AM
Alright,what are you looking for exactly... and rol la streewise I guess :smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2014-06-20, 12:51 PM
My Streetwise is terrible. LOL.

Streetwise: [roll0]

I'm just looking for a lay of the land and to find out where most of the major landmarks are. Also, don't forget clues about my dragon quest.

Dekkah
2014-06-23, 01:27 PM
DM
You get past the guard and enter the city. You are actually breathtaken by the city's sight.
It have been built in an incredibly large cavern, at least 2 by 3 miles wide. The celling seem to extend over half a mile above the city itself. You are at the highest entry point from what you can see and you manage to spot 2 of the 3 other entries from your position. Everythign seem to go slowly down from your point, with many building and streets going around. You can spot a few larger building and you recognize two of them as temples. One is dedicated to Erathis. The other isnt as common and you'll need to see the symbol closer to really be able to identify it.
A religion check is needed for the second large temple.

You also note some large building carved into the east flank of the cavern. You close engouh to read the huge sign above the human fighter facing some two headed monster : The Purple Arena.

While the building and street crafted into the large cavern can be impressive, the real sight lay at the lower part of the cavern, in the south west corner : A small bay with large ships. from where you are, you see most of the bay and you dont see any tunnel leading out of it, making you wonder how these boat got there in the first place.

You walk into the city and you immeditaly note that Marklett militia is quite present. Still, they dont harass people and simply patrol to keep things ordely. You actually cross the path of many races you'd consider enemies as you walk into the streets, like drows, Duergars, lizardfolks and even a pair of ogres. You also see races your used too, and all of them seem to get along, or at least ignore each others and keep on their best behavior, surely due to the strick laws of the city. You also note as you pass into the market that a lot of what you'd consider illegal is openly sold here, including slaves. There is also a lot of merchant offering good of the underdark for the visitors from above, as well as some offering aboveland goods for the underdarkers.

You go first walk around to learn the lay of the land and find yourself a nice Inn. You saw 3 and chose the one which seem frequented by the fairer races : The Wayfarer Rest. It is run by a sturdy human named Boris. After speacking with Boris, the man tell you a few pointer to help you in your search of informaiton and city discovery and where to stay away from not to get in trouble. The Purple Arena is actually held by a duergar who organise fights, mostly between trained gladiators, some monsters and even daring free fighters. You learn that the port actually operate by magic, using some sort of ancient teleportation magic to move boats in and out.

After some decent food, you walk out and go around the city trying to find some more information. You end up in a small bar the Boris refered and as you discuss with the patrons there you find some eldery drunk dwarf who says,
"Eh, are ya some dragon offspring? Ya look like tha dragon that attacked us years ago."
He look at your more closely, scanning you from head to toes then add,
"Bah, yer just some of those dragonborn scums."

Dekkah
2014-06-26, 09:15 AM
Are you gonna try anything there? The others reached the city (they are half a day ahead of you now :) )

Arq Kujos
2014-06-26, 01:50 PM
I start therapy tomorrow. My entire life is failing apart and I'm having a hard time right now. I don't want to drop out or anything, but that's why I've been.......not participating. And I'll just meet up with the others.

Dekkah
2014-06-26, 02:59 PM
Alright friend, sad to hear you have lot of problems still (I know how you fell, I had to consult myself a few years ago).
Take care of yourself.
Do you still want to play the game or do you need a break?
It isnt really hard to have you leave them a message in game that you will rejoin them later for some reason...
It is up to you.

Arq Kujos
2014-06-26, 03:02 PM
I do want to play. Its one of the few things left in my life that I enjoy. I even got kicked out of my swtor guild for being miserable.

Also, cna Rikard take off the helmet? Being a dragonborn isn't Rikard's favorite thing. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2014-06-26, 03:53 PM
Yes you can remove the helmet if you try to... the magic let you remove it like you would remove a simple hood (it is surprisingly flexible (because of the magic for sure, because it is also rigid when worn)

Alright, you should rejoin with them soon... once they search for you in the city.

And BTW, the captain did call you dragonborn, but as you might have noted if you still read IC... some others were not fooled... you actually have a dragon head, with doesnt like the same as a dragonborn head (dragonborn doesnt have as long as nostril and all).
I did not tell you, but most people seem to recognise that you are wearing an helmet or at least find your face odd.

Dekkah
2014-07-02, 11:56 AM
Ok, At this point, you can enter the Ic thread whenever you are ready (they are inside the city... if you go now, you were gonna go check the gate guard to see if they came in and meet them coming in, if later, wyou cross their path whereever they are.

You can describe yourself (if you have the helmet on or not).

Arq Kujos
2014-07-02, 06:00 PM
How was your vacation? Its good to see you again! :)

Dekkah
2014-07-03, 09:18 AM
We had a nice vacation time.
Took some time with the kids, doing activities and stuff and I help my brother in law moving into his new appartment.
It was a good change of pace .

HOw are you?

Arq Kujos
2014-07-03, 11:04 AM
Not any better since the last time I talked to you. I need to make a change. Move to a new area, start a new job, etc etc. I hate my life.

Anyway, once they reach the inn, I'll reintroduce myself.

Dekkah
2014-07-08, 09:06 AM
Well I hope everrything get better for you my friend.
I know what it feel to have a life you dont like (be there at some point in my life).
I cant judge your situation (we dont really know each others), but what worked for me was to do some small changes (some quite drastic), but one at a time. I guess it all depends on your own personnality, but for me, one thing at a time to keep some control over it was the way to go (I fear that too much at the same time would have make me loose focus and give up.

One thing I learned throught this is that there is always hope and ways to better any situation.

The others reached the Inn. I dont want to pressure you, but do you plan to rejoin with them soon? Just give me an heads up when you have the time . If you dont think you have the time/motivation to rejoin now it is no big deal, I'll move things along and have you join them up later - I can invent some excuse to delay your entry.

Arq Kujos
2014-07-13, 07:28 AM
Ok, I'm back. I had to be gone for so long because my great grandmother broke her hip. She had surgery this week and finally got back to my house. I've tried to read a bit, but I can't really type on my tiny phone.