PDA

View Full Version : Sources and Dragons (IC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Wraithkin
2006-12-01, 11:57 AM
The air shifts next to Garath, and Dano appears. Looking at his big friend, and then to the body and the other members of the team, he nods and squats down. With a hand, the body is lifted off the deck and flots, spinning around in the air in front of Dano's critical eye. With a quick mutterance in celestial, he tilts his head and focuses on the body.

"Garath, come with me. Good work you two. Very, very good work. I believe you have uncovered something very important here. Keep searching, please. If you think there was something else you forgot, go back and look. I think I may know what has been happening to the villagers, but I need more evidence. Please hurry." His voice is somewhat fevered, his eyes focused and resolute. Garath can tell from their years of fighting side by side that Dano is not messing around. Something is terribly wrong, and something needs to be done yesterday.

Not waiting for a response, he moves to walk towards the former captain's home, the body drifting through the air behind him.

-=-=-=-=-
ooc: Lemme know what you need me to roll for knowledge check or whatever.

Knight13
2006-12-01, 01:25 PM
Drak'tek turns to Kaliand'r.

"Shall we return to the forest and speak to the fey?"

Gradius
2006-12-02, 05:11 PM
Deciding that Dano had to have something of importance on his mind, Garath followed his comarade.

"This makes me worried. That is arcane, and you know it. What do you need to show me?"

Tajdi
2006-12-03, 12:50 AM
Kaliand'r nods. He motions for his two companions to remain and guard the town while the wall is continued to be built. It would not due to leave those who they were technically in charge of, guard-less. And while the others of the party would certainly do their part, it didn't hurt to have two more eyes circling the village's borders.

Kaliand'r then walks with Drak'tek back towards the closest tree.

"If its not too much trouble, I can get us there quicker this time, not that I have an idea of the area. We may be able to pass instantaneously through the forest itself. I am afraid your companion may need to stay here, however."

Wraithkin
2006-12-03, 04:54 PM
He nods, and closes the door behind them. He didn't want to alarm any villagers passing by as they spoke, so he felt it best to wait for the explanation.

"I believe these villagers have been kidnapped as part of an experimentation process. The wounds on his body indicate there was a gem of some sort implanted there. The magic that is lingering around him indicates some sort of magic that transforms something. And the partial growth of the wings, scales, and the rest of him shows that he was being transformed from a human into a dragon-like creature.

These people aren't wandering off by themselves, Garath. The fact that we've found this body and the magic on it is strong still indicates we are not dealing with mere fledgeling incantrixes. We are dealing with far more powerful wizard or clerics. I need to open this guard up and find out if you can tell me if the organs have changed slightly from human to dragon-like. I figure with all the blood spilling you've done you've seen enough dragon organs to tell the difference."

With this, a slight sigh escapes Dano's lips and the body is rest upon an empty table. He turns to face his friend, his true form coming through for the first time since they'd signed up for the mission. "I don't think I need to explain the gravity of this situation here, Garath. If we can't solve this and bring those responsible to justice, and destroy all notes of the villian's research, we may be looking at a shift in the natural order of power. I can see no other reason for this transformation than to build a force strong enough to possibly shift control of power in the region."

Walking over to the table, he reaches behind his cloak and a small brick of steel is produced. A moment later, a large set of knives on a tray appear in his hand, and he sets it down on the table next to him.

A few symbols and a couple words in celestial later, he animates the corpse next to him, filling it with the memories of its former life. He works on opening the chest cavity of the corpse as he asks his first question. "Please provide me the information about where you were you when this transformation started happening to you. I need specific location and details about the location itself.

Fuzzball
2006-12-03, 07:32 PM
The corpse speaks in a raspy voice, "West...mountain...cave..."

Wraithkin
2006-12-03, 07:41 PM
"Where were you living prior to being transformed?" He uses his first knife to cut through the sternum, the skin peeled back from the man's chest.

Fuzzball
2006-12-03, 07:45 PM
"Here."

Can't post just one word...drat!

Wraithkin
2006-12-03, 07:53 PM
"Please describe your entire last day of living in the village."

Fuzzball
2006-12-03, 08:06 PM
"Normal day of work."

Knight13
2006-12-03, 08:11 PM
Drak'tek emits a series of chirps and clicks, directing Tatch to join the other companions in watching the town. Then he follows Kaliand'r to the tree.

"We shall travel through the trees, yes? Tik'cha used to do this."

Wraithkin
2006-12-03, 08:40 PM
Dano sighs, looking at the corpse. He had to simplify things. "What direction did you head when you left the village for the last time?"

Fuzzball
2006-12-03, 10:11 PM
"North East."

Fuzzball
2006-12-03, 10:28 PM
Vvaren watches a small boy enter the church.

The child runs up to Ashlee and looks questioningly at Vyn. He pulls her down to whisper something in her ear. She looks shocked for a moment then tells the boy to stay with the others. She rushes for the door before Vyn had a chance to stop her and trips over Vvaren as she tries to exit.

Wraithkin
2006-12-03, 10:32 PM
Nodding, he looks over to Garath and nods. "Did you go there of your own free will?"

Fuzzball
2006-12-04, 08:19 AM
"No."

Once again....can't post just one word...

Wraithkin
2006-12-04, 08:52 AM
He looked at Garath and nodded his head, as if everything that was being disclosed was exactly as he expected. "Last question, and then we can rest for now... Tell me about the being that did this to you."

Tajdi
2006-12-04, 06:10 PM
Kaliand'r remains thoughtful and then nods again. Using ..travel via plants..or tree stride, one of those, lol :P He transports himself and Drak'tek to where they found the body originally.

"I suggest we remain on guard nonetheless, ever watchful. Let us see if we can find these fey."

Kaliand'r begins to walk carefully around the forest.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-04, 06:42 PM
Stunned at the sudden actions of Ashlee, Vyn rushes out of the church as well, trying to not let her out of her sight, if possible. He had a job to do, and to heck if he was going to be blamed for anything that might happen as a result of his potential incompetence.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-04, 07:15 PM
Vvaren doesn't try to stop her but follows as best he can.

Fuzzball
2006-12-04, 08:50 PM
"Big...wings...teeth..." With that the corpse's jaw goes slack and its throat, silent.

Fuzzball
2006-12-04, 08:56 PM
Ashlee rushes through the growing darkness to a small house with the rear half of a half gold dragon/half demon sticking out of the door. She taps on his wing, "Excuse me." It is more of a demand than a request.

Gradius
2006-12-04, 10:25 PM
The large monster of a man looked down at her and tried his best at a friendly. It wasn't very good, he wasn't used to those sorts of things.

"Dano, continue on without me. What is it you wish of me, small one?"

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-04, 11:52 PM
Vvaren caught up and seemed more relaxed now that he was sure she wasn't charging out of the town. He calmly waited as she conversed with Garath. He desperately hoped it wasn't another villager that went missing.

Fuzzball
2006-12-05, 12:18 PM
Treehuggers (I don't mean this as a derogetory term by the way. It's just a very good descriptor):

You wander through the unusual forest for a bit until you reach the center where you find a gigantic oak tree. The tree begins to sprout a new branch which grows into a humaniod shape and finally a beautiful fey steps away and looks at you. Her voice is soothing, like the sound of a babbling brook, "Why have you returned to my sanctuary strangers?"

Fuzzball
2006-12-05, 12:26 PM
"Where is he? Where is the captain?" Ashlee tries to peer around Garath without success and instead looks up at the living blockade desparately.

Wraithkin
2006-12-05, 12:54 PM
Taking all that he needed from the body, he places the body back in its original configuration and heals the wounds that he had created. "Let her in, Garath. I need to speak with her."

Gradius
2006-12-05, 01:39 PM
Garath's form disappeared to be a few feet away, looking at Ashlee with a sorrowful gaze. He can remember seeing the dead for the first time. Judging by her persona, it only seems she is not nearly experienced with these matters.

Wraithkin
2006-12-05, 01:42 PM
"Thank you Garath. The sections of the wall should be completed for you up at the quarry. I don't think this is going to be a pleasant experience."

Dano looks at Ashlee in the doorway and sighs, hanging his head. It was always difficult to tell good people bad news, but in this instance it must be done. "Come in Ashlee, and please close the door behind you. I do not believe it would be good to have others overhear our conversation."

Gradius
2006-12-05, 01:43 PM
"Yes, Dano. She knows you best, and... I inspire hatred among the weak minded."

With that, Garath disappeared, to continue his work at the mine.

Fuzzball
2006-12-05, 02:32 PM
Ashlee walks through the door and turns to Garath before he leaves and thanks him. She closes the door and turns to Dano eyeing the corpse behind him. "What happened?" It doesn't appear that she's new to death. She walks over to the table with a sad look and examines the body.

Wraithkin
2006-12-05, 02:41 PM
"It would appear that he has been victim of a transformation ritual. I believe that's what's happening to the villagers that have gone missing... experimentation. It appears he had died before the transformation could be completed. He told me that a large creature with wings and teeth did this to him. He headed northeast to a cave not of his own volition. I think once this wall is done, we should head northeast. But that is something my team and I shall do. Either way, I would advise not letting up on your partering up, and definitely limit entry and departure from the town once the wall is up."

Fuzzball
2006-12-06, 01:52 AM
A tear appears in Ashlee's eye as she looks over the captain's body. "Yes of course. We will be continue as you have advised." She looks up with a weak smile, "Thank you."

Wraithkin
2006-12-06, 09:18 AM
Dano walks over to her, and places a hand on her shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. "Do not worry, Ashlee. We'll find those responsible for this and bring it to an end. And do not thank me, for I do this because I am commanded by Athena to do so. She knows what needs to be done, and by her grace, I will follow her commands." He pulls her away at arm's distance and looks her in the eye. "You know what I speak of, don't you? Pelor speaks to you in the same way. Thank him, for he has brought us to you. Just make sure that when the time comes, you pay it forward."

Fuzzball
2006-12-06, 12:35 PM
Ashlee nods, "It is Pelor's will that I aid any who come my way. I don't think that the villagers should see the captain this way. I should bury him before I head back to the others."

Knight13
2006-12-06, 12:55 PM
Drak'tek bows to the dryad.

"Greetings, friend of the forest. We have come seeking information on the dragon that has been kidnapping humans from the nearby village."

Wraithkin
2006-12-06, 01:38 PM
Dano nods in agreement. "I will help you. Come, let us go." He drapes a cloath over the captain's body and lifts it with the powers of his mind. "By your lead, we shall go."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-06, 02:42 PM
Providing he has caught up, Vyn simply does as he has been doing so previously, just keeping an eye on Ashlee and another for any potential trouble.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-06, 08:59 PM
Vvaren follows as well helping in the burial in any ways he is needed.

Fuzzball
2006-12-07, 01:03 PM
Ashlee leads the way to the small graveyard behind the church and pulls some shovels out of a small shed and chooses a place to dig. With the extra help the job goes quickly and Ashlee thanks you all before heading inside to try to explain what's going on to the others.

Fuzzball
2006-12-07, 01:38 PM
Drak'tek and Kaliand'r:

A sad look comes over the fey as she steps away from the tree. "I have never met the dragon, though the pixies and the water and the wind bring me stories. He was a creature of the forest, and though evil by nature, he protected the lands to the west. The dragon council called him away and now he carries people off to his cave in the mountains. They fey do not return from the dragonlands...no one returns from the dragonlands anymore..."

Wraithkin
2006-12-07, 06:39 PM
Dano takes his leave and heads back to the quarry for some peace and quiet. Six seconds later, he is fully rested and focused, and he looks around at the work being done. Garath had made some really good progress... but he hoped it was enough. He hoped noone else disappeared in the remaining time they had to work.

Tajdi
2006-12-08, 01:42 AM
Kaliand'r sighs, confirming that indeed it was most likely this dragon that was the cause of the problems. But how?

"Thank you, dear Fey." Switching to the language of Fey, sylvan, "We will try and do what we can, to deal with this dragon kind, either through diplomacy or action. So that all may be safe from whatever darkness now holds this land. hank you kind fey, again. Your generosity gives me hope for our species." Kaliand'r bows gracefully, and turns back to Drak'tek. In common again, "We must reach the town again. It will be near nightfall, soon. This information is for the others to hear."

Fuzzball
2006-12-08, 02:36 AM
Treehuggers!

The dryad bows slightly to Kaliand'r, "Whatever grips the green dragon's heart has taken hold of many of his kind. Be careful in your quest. If you seek his lair, you may take Twinket to guide you." She makes a birdlike chirping sound and a jittery Grig springs from the bushes and bows in front of you.

Fuzzball
2006-12-08, 03:01 AM
(I'm making a few assumptions here...but I'm the DM and I'm allowed...:smallwink: )

Vyn follows Ashlee into the church once more and continues watching impassively as she explains her sudden diparture...leaving out several details. The people take her words at face value and settle in. Ashlee busies herself caring for the others, setting up beds and preparing the evening meal. Vyn watches her as she moves from one room to the other. A knocking at the front door distracts him momentarily and when he turns back toward the kitchen Ashlee is gone, the back door swinging open.

Vvaren spots Ashlee dashing off into the darkness.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-08, 01:45 PM
Rushing out the back door in the kitchen, Vyn rushes off to find Ashlee, worrying constantly that at any second it could be the critical moment which he would need to take action. As he runs out and around, attempting to spot her in his now black and white sensory of sight due to the darkness, he calls out for her, shouting every minute or two her name and yelling, asking where she is.

Gradius
2006-12-09, 10:32 PM
A soft, yet slightly annoyed Garath speaks as he looks towards the voice. 60 feet was a long ways, and he could clearly see the annoyance. It was that weakling, the small one that seemed to annoy Garath with his petty actions. It was the nothing.

"Do you not know the meaning of silience. Among various churches it is a great virture. If you cannot find the priestess with your eyes, and you recieve only my annoyance with your booming tounge, perhaps another method is in order?"

Garath chooses not to speak telepathicly, to avoid confusion and fear as he nears Vyn. He looks around trying to see if the priestess is even close enough to hear the fool.

(Spot Check: 30.)

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-10, 04:07 AM
Vyn replies in a panicked voice:

"Well, I'm certainly open to suggestions. I made a mistake which I'm sure you will agree with me was stupid and that was being distracted from watching Ashlee for but a literal moment and she headed off somewhere and unfortunately going about yelling and running all over the place is the only method readily of any use to me whatsoever and I'd rather her not wind up dead because of me."

Sighing and stopping for about 5 seconds, he adds in a depressed tone, not really talking to anyone in particular and trailing off at the end: "If I could find her, I could at least stop her, even if it would be by force.........."

Gradius
2006-12-10, 09:58 AM
Garath sighed as he cllosed his eyes and focused on his easiest target.

"Dano, I need a light spell over here. Apparently, we cannot trust competence from all of our comrades."

"Do what you need to do, but remember this. Yelling like a fool won't help as much as it might hurt. Though I consider you a fool, I will dig you out of this hole. I can build you a torch provided you have a meager stick to weild it."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-10, 10:51 AM
"Is it foolish to be dedicated to duty? I certainly do not wish to have..........unpreferable results occur if I do any less, although admittedly what was foolish was being ill-prepared for something as simple as the dark. Even natural adaptation to it doesn't help much, considering I don't know what direction I'm supposed to be heading into." Saying this, Vyn rushes to find a suitable stick for Garath's help to be of use.

Wraithkin
2006-12-10, 04:43 PM
Dano's form appears next to Garath's, a concerned look on his face. Seeing Vyn there and Ashlee nowhere to be seen could only mean one thing: Ashlee has gone missing. Reaching back behind his cloak, he withdraws a fist-sized chunk of clear glass. "Vyn, make sure you stick with the city. Not a single soul leaves this place tonight. Make it happen." He turns from Vyn to Garath, and tosses the crystaline orb to him. "You know how to use this, right Garath?"

Without waiting for a response, he takes to the air and begins streaking northeast, knowing the general direction she is headed. It could only be one place, and if she was headed there, he needed to stop her. But to find her, he needed a more detailed direction. "Athena, I call to you to help me find Ashlee. Please, I need to find her for the betterment of this village."* As he flies, he reaches out with his mind and body, feeling everything within a bubble of distance.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ooc: Crystal thing: Glowing Orb from a Radiant Servant of Pelor, 120' max light radius, per the spell

*=Locate object, locating the tunic she was wearing that day. Autohypnosis to recall specific thing: [roll0] vs. DC 15

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-10, 05:02 PM
Vvaren yelled "She ran out that door" and then he sprinted off in the direction that she was heading trying his best to follow.

Fuzzball
2006-12-10, 06:40 PM
Vvaren yells and takes off toward the south. Garath and Vyn watch Dano streak northeast into the darkness before they can inform him that Vvaren went the other way. By the time Dano's spell kicks in he is too far away to sense the tunic.

Once Ashlee hits the forest her movement becomes severely hindered. When Vvaren reaches the edge of the trees he is able to see her at the edge of his vision.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-10, 06:57 PM
Vvaren charges forward to Ashlee, grabs her arm and pulls her close so she can't get away again.
-----
ooc: opposed grapple i got 36 (20+16) i rolled a 20 :) i love when things go right.

Fuzzball
2006-12-10, 07:30 PM
The symbol on Ashlee's robe begins to glow as it had earlier, but this time Vvaren only feels the irrisistable urge to flee from her. He lets go and begins to run out of the trees. An unusual sound causes him to look over his shoulder at the woman and he sees a large winged creature pick her up and fly off to the West.

Garath, Vyn, and Dano all spot the flash of light, and may react to it as they see fit.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-10, 07:46 PM
Despite having seen the light, Vyn resumes his duties. Following orders, Vyn goes about continuously all around the edges of the*village/town/city*, making sure that no one goes outside the limits. If met with resistance, by which would likely be stubborness if it did indeed occur, Vyn gives the same, standard reply: "Although I know you don't have much reason to trust me but I can most readily assure you that it is in the best interest of your safety."
-------------------------------------------
OOC: * I'm not sure which one it is classified as.

Knight13
2006-12-10, 08:05 PM
ooc: I assume we're still on our way back?

Gradius
2006-12-10, 08:09 PM
Garath is gone the moment the light comes, using his skills to tleport 5' North of the light. The strange stignant gives off in the air, and he sighs as he sees the priestess.

"What in the hells are you doing?!"

Wraithkin
2006-12-10, 08:56 PM
Halting his flight at the flash of light, he grumbles and teleports over to the flash of light, opposite of Garath. "You would be best suited by halting your improper appropriation of my friend there." His arms are crossed over his chest, his flight maintaining his position beside the flying creature.

-=-=-=-=-=-
Readying an action if the creature begins to cast a spell/manifest a power.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-10, 09:38 PM
Vvaren draws Fenrisar as his cloak springs to life and forms a pair of leather wings. "Prepare to slow it down we can't let it get away with her" Vvaren said angrily. with a single beat of his wings he took off, flying straight towards the winged beast.
-----
OOC: they fly 60/good when i get within 40 feet my sword casts slow

Fuzzball
2006-12-10, 10:41 PM
(OOC:Knight and Tajdi may arrive whenever they post. Did you guys want Twinket to come with you or not? I don't remember reading an answer...but I might have missed it...I'll go check after I post this.

Also, the creature picked Ashlee up and continued flying. It is now west of where the light went off...all the actions I posted there happened in one round. Everyone else is acting in the next round...sorry. Dano can sense the tunic heading west very quickly...so quickly he doesn't think he'll be able to keep up.)

Gradius
2006-12-10, 10:55 PM
Garth takes off at full speed, using all of his might to catch up to the creature. With the orb and the darkvision, he has no problems keeping his sights on it.

(400 feet after the beast. Garath is pretty fast, but if this thing is as big as he is...)

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-10, 11:33 PM
Now having noticed the others taking off, Vyn takes in mind a different tactic. He starts...........herding, for lack of a better term, the people up and tells them that although he doesn't know the specifics, this is a critical situation and that for all he knew, Ashlee has probably been abducted and tells everyone to gather as much of themselves as they can into the safest place they can think of within the village. If his warnings are heeded, Vyn proceeds to patrol outside the perimeter of the location the people are gathered at, making sure to keep as close a watch on every possible exit, ushering back inside anyone else who may come out.

Fuzzball
2006-12-11, 12:11 AM
The people are devastade by the news that Ashlee is gone. Their first reaction is to go looking for her, but a little persuasion from Vyn is all it takes to dessuade them. They gather into the fort as requested.

Garath has difficulty keeping up. The dragon seems to be able to move through the trees without unlike the half demon and soon it is out of sight.

Gradius
2006-12-11, 12:17 AM
Garath increases his movement, by making teleporting jumps after the dragon, always appearing in front of it. (Before I lose sight of it.)

Wraithkin
2006-12-11, 12:19 AM
Teleporting to Garath's back, he shouts to the half-demon. "Leap Frog! I will teleport, then you teleport!" With that, he focuses his mind and teleports to Ashlee's location, grabbing her with his arms and legs, and focusing his mind to teleport her out.

Knight13
2006-12-11, 01:11 AM
ooc: wow, I feel so useless, what with my non-flying non-teleporting character.

Fuzzball
2006-12-11, 08:22 AM
The dragon can maneuver through the trees as though they aren't there and Garath keeps losing it as it turns and veers to avoid the two. Dano's Locate object helps to find Ashlee, but when he attempts to teleport to her he finds himself on a warm beach looking out at the setting sun.

Wraithkin
2006-12-11, 08:50 AM
"What the..." he looks around, locates his position with the coastline available to him, and growls. "They had to divert my teleport. Bastard." Folding space around him, he teleports back to Garath's back. "Don't teleport onto him... he's got some sort of temporal deflection field around him that shunts you to another location if you try to get close. We need to regroup. and hope we can find her before they start the ritual."

Gradius
2006-12-11, 11:24 AM
"I WILL NEVER LET THE SCUM OF DRACONOICS BEST ME!"

Let out a rather loud roar, Garath continues to teleport near the dragon. He isn't going to teleport onto it, but he will be damned is he is going to lose it.

Wraithkin
2006-12-11, 01:14 PM
"GARATH! Damn! Lords of Time, hear my call!" Gritting his teeth, he feels pain tear through his form as he forces his body to accelerate faster than any body is meant to. The leaves on in the trees blow and flitter, slowing and eventually coming to a halt in his world. To those near him, he simply disappears.

-=-=-=-=-
ooc: message inbound Fuzz.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-11, 08:09 PM
Vvaren soon realized that his attempts to follow were utterly futile so he lands and begins running back to town.

Wraithkin
2006-12-11, 09:00 PM
The massive green that was spiriting away Ashlee is greeted with a blur and a flash of silver. A powerful shard of crystal streaks at dragon and strikes him firmly in the leg, forcing him to drop Ashlee. Flying down to catch her, he focuses his mind and bends the flow of space around him and teleports away from this place, Ashlee in his arms.

Fuzzball
2006-12-11, 09:08 PM
Dano feels a bizarre sensation as he attempts his teleport. A loud voice booms in his head, "NO!" The wrath of an unknown power crashes down on him wrapping him in darkness.

When light comes back Ashlee is not in his arms and he finds himself in a large bustling city. Something tells him he isn't on the material plane any more.

Fuzzball
2006-12-11, 09:35 PM
Garath teleports again and sees the dragon drop Ashlee. Dano catches her, but when he disappears Ashlee stays and continues to fall. The dragon has to turn around to pick her up again, so Garath has a few rounds if he'd like to do something. For her part, Ashlee will just stay where she is.

Gradius
2006-12-12, 12:41 AM
(Due to a situational misunderstanding, Garath was teleported away long before the Dragon dropped Ashlee, this happened right after Dano jumped onto it via a leap frog off of Garath's head.)

Looking around, Garath cracks a smile. He figures that where ever he is, it must be conected to the dragon. Dano can follow after the girl, he should explore this area. He takes Zenkai into his hands and looks around, seeing if any demons or obviously evil beings are nearby.
"The hell is going on?"

There are several slightly evil things around, but then, everything in the underdark is evil.

Garath sighed as he walked down the steps towards the evil little cirtters. keeping them in reach with his weapon.
"I got sent here by a strange green dragon. I don't suppose any of you can tell me why?"

Most of the creatures run away at the sight of you. One stays and looks at you as though it does not understand what you are saying. It is a tall pale human.

Garth's does his speech again, in abbyssal.

The creature seems more confused by this new language. It speaks in choppy badly pronounced words, "New...speech...bad...but no...dragon..."

Retunring to common, Garath sighes as he looks at the man.
"Is something strange going on here?"

He takes a moment to ponder, "no...strange...life...only"

"Can you take me to someone who can speak to me better? Someone that is not violent?"

"Travel...days...weeks...for not...violent..."

"Someone weak then?"

"Not...spec...spec...specific.......long....from... .home...."

"Fine then, where are others. I can find the answer myself. I want to know where other strangers to Underdark are."

"Contest...Gloaming...city...Mishtah..." he points back the way he came from.

Nodding, Garth began to run where he pointed. This man was more useful that he would have expected... Garath shakes his head as he thinks on his situation. He could go to this place at anytime, but first he needed to speak with Dano. He chooses to teleport back the the Ashlee's village, saving the trip for something later.

Fuzzball
2006-12-14, 02:25 AM
Grarath appears at the edge of town and spots Kaliand'r and Drak'tek wandering back.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-15, 07:42 PM
Vvaren finds his way back to town and joins up with the others.

Wraithkin
2006-12-15, 09:52 PM
As the group approches the village, Dano walks forward and, after assembling the party, looks at them, fatigue and stress clear on his face. "Vvaren,I need you to take charge while Garath and I are gone. I anticipate our return in no more than an hour. Keep everyone here, like you have been doing. Garath and I need to go do something back at our original headquarters... something that could unravel this mystery." He looks at Garath and says one word. "Morris."

Knowing it will be understood, he looks down, then back up at the party again. "The green got away with Ashlee. Keep the folks calm.. do whatever you can to help them. Vyn, I will need you to be my eyes... make sure you alert the rest of the party if you see anything out of the ordinary. I will be back in an hour." With that, the world around him collapses and he is gone.

Gradius
2006-12-15, 09:56 PM
"He can answer my own questions as well. Small ones, good luck."

With that, Garath was gone. His massive form simply disapeared.

Fuzzball
2006-12-15, 11:24 PM
Garath and Dano return shortly and begin building the wall again. The villagers offer everyone accomodations for the night should they desire them.

(You all may share whatever information you would like to with the group. Just post here if there's anything you want the others to know.)

The sun rises to begin a beautiful day. The wall is finished and from the still peace surrounding the town, no one would ever know that there had been a problem there.

The townsfolk have posted guards on the wall and at the gates. They seem to have decided on a new leader, and though the guard in question does not seem thrilled about it, you think the town will be okay despite all they've lost. The wall has giving them new hope that everything will be well, and they wish the party well as they depart into the forest.

(Did you want to try teleporting, or do you want to follow the grig?)

Wraithkin
2006-12-15, 11:31 PM
(My vote's on following the grig. I'm going to want to conserve my strength. Also, if anyone wants to know what's gone on, ask and I'll tell you what I can)

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-16, 03:40 PM
((Likewise on the grig. As for your offer, assuming I'm correct in what it is about, then sure. I wouldn't mind a bit o' info.))

((Also, Fuzzball, if you look at my sheet, you'll see that I changed my selection of spells, assuming I had enough time to prepare them.))

Fuzzball
2006-12-16, 07:45 PM
(Everyone will have time to re-prepare spells before heading off.)

Knight13
2006-12-19, 06:11 PM
ooc: Okay, I'm finally back. Sorry about not posting for so long. Are we still going or on hold until after the holidays?

Edit: Just read the ooc thread. I vote we follow the grig.

Fuzzball
2006-12-19, 07:57 PM
The group follows Twinket into the forest. The grig casts a spell to make you go faster and moves as quickly as the group will follow. After several hours you find yourselves halfway up a mountain looking out over the top of the lush forest you just left. Twinket has become even more jittery and stops, pointing up. "It's there." It's obvious from his beavior that he isn't going to go any farther.

Knight13
2006-12-19, 10:50 PM
Drak'tek

"Very well, Twinket. You may return to your mistress now."

With that, Drak'tek draws his odd polearm and both of his bastard swords. He handles all three with practiced ease and one of the swords glows with a dull yellow light.

Drak'tek heads further up the mountain.

Gradius
2006-12-20, 01:13 AM
"Do not be so foolish, young one. Dano, I will allow myself to be mounted by the flightless ones. CLumbing up this mountain is unwise, for a trap can be srung to easily. Flying is the best option we have."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-20, 02:40 AM
Vvaren's cloak springs to life as he gives one mighty flap of his wings, draws his weapons and takes flight. "I'm ready to go" he calmly states.

Wraithkin
2006-12-20, 08:45 AM
"I agree. Everyone, make sure to keep your eyes peeled. There's no telling what this green will do or have waiting for us." Taking to the skies to start looking at their surroundings, he focuses on where they are and their target destination.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-20, 10:17 PM
((Sorry to not post this earlier but I had a nearly complete lack of internet access today (except before I went to school and this post is based on a PM from Fuzzball but was not sent until later and was unaware of it until now). Could we assume this was said before leaving? If not, then please ignore the following.))

Before departing, Vyn takes Dano to the side if he will allow it and very quietly says: "I'm sorry to delay us but it is urgent but I'm not quite sure if it something to be said in front of the others in case of under estimating or over-assumptions taking place and the like. I am not entirely sure but I have reason to believe this tower is of incredible importance, built when the world was but infantile compared to now and dieties of ancient past still roamed the land and said tower was to be virtually indestructable if not entirely so and a necessary implement for which to bind the darkness below, oceans, air and light together. Another thing said about it was that, although not surprising if the former is true, a very powerful source of which to draw magical incantations from. I am not much for tales such as this but it was mentioned during my early life, before I slumbered for a millenia, though I never was able to see it myself until now but something to be considered seriously. You may not believe me but I am very sure that, if the latter part of its supposed qualities is true, we will begin our assault long before we reach the beast which has taken Ashlee."

Almost stopping entirely so as to let Dano continue on, he stops him and adds: "But there is one thing I simply cannot understand, though. Apparently, this tower is called the Tower of Yth, "Yth" meaning "we" in the language of our scaled friend of ours in there. What could "we" possibly mean? Symbolic or perhaps literal? I truly hope for the former."

Gurthoron
2006-12-20, 10:28 PM
The group ascends, in one way or another, up the mountain towards what appears to be a shadow on its side. Closer proximity reveals it to be a cave, a triangular gash roughly fifteen feet wide and twenty tall. The outside is partially concealed by plant growth, and when you grow close you notice a definite increase in humidity near the entrance. Strangely, there are no dragon tracks on the ground, and the plant life seems undisturbed by recent activity.

Fuzzball
2006-12-21, 02:40 AM
(Yes, Mecha, you would have had plenty of time to pass the information along. <<giggles>> You guys crack me up...:smallwink: )

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-21, 09:31 PM
(How do we crack you up? Seriously, I don't understand.)

Vyn, muttering and cursing to himself he did not do this before leaving, starts noticeably casting spells on himself when he can upon landing. Afterwards, he draws his scythe, proceeding carefully as he constantly watches for signs of danger.

((Mage Armor (+4 AC)= 12 hours, Resist Energy x4 (resist sonic, electricity, cold, and acid 10)= 2 hours each))

Wraithkin
2006-12-27, 10:36 AM
"Touch nothing. Whomever is best at scouting, move forward and take point with me. Take special notice of anything that may look like a mundane trap, and if you see any magical ones, halt me. I will be looking for magical auras that may give away magical traps or other influential zones. Garath, I want you in the rear of the group, providing overwatch. If a roof caves in, I trust you to be able to hold it up until we can get out. The rest of you I want no less than twenty feet behind us and directly in front of Garath, in a staggered side-by-side pattern. No one speaks; Garath, keep that telepathy open for us. No chatter over the telepathic link, either. Essential communication only." He rattles off orders without pause, almost as if he's done it before. His eyes evaluate the face of the mountain, trying to find out if anything is amiss.

[roll0]; [roll1]

Gradius
2006-12-27, 01:39 PM
Garth remained silient, but each person in the cavern could feel like a strange part of them had been opened and a new pathway of sound beyond sound could be found. The telepathic link was open, and any thoughts could be sent or read from the party...

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-27, 01:42 PM
Vvaren pipes in quietly "I can sneak ahead and do our scouting" and with that he strides ahead of the group and awaits the order to continue.
----------
Move Silently 26 and hide 26 (taking 10)

Gurthoron
2006-12-27, 02:51 PM
With Vvaren at his side Dano heads into the cave. The entrance is unremarkable, showing signs that a multitude of animals had lived here at various times. Even know the party can see some bats sleeping on the ceiling. Roughly twenty feet into the cave it turns sharply downwards, steep but climbable. As the group descends they find the hunidity level rapidly increasing, and various types of fungi growing on the cave walls. The group slows as the footing gets more treacherous, but as Vyn slithers lower he loses his grip and tumbles past the others into the dark mist below. Through the telepathic link the others recieve nothing other than surprise from the Sarrukh.

As Vyn stands and looks about himself, the first thing he notices is the dark mist all about him. It conceals most of the details of the cave floor, but up it thins out, revealing a ceiling nearly thirty feet up. He cannot see the walls on either side of him, but further into the cave he can see the floor ride out of the general mist level before darkness fills the distance. He can hear a deep rumbling from somewere beyond his vision.

[OOC: Alright folks, did some rolling for you to move things along. Now its time for the fun. Everyone roll init and give a post of your first round actions. For all the misc. little checks that happen during combat, I can either roll for you or you can just add a string of random D20 rolls at the end of your post for actions, which I shall use for opposed checks, saves, whatnot. Right now no one is under direct attack, and no enemies can be seen. It shall take one round of climbing/balanced walking to reach the ground floor. Lets get rolling.]

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-27, 03:03 PM
Vvaren quickly and quietly climbs using only the tips of his fingers and toes down to Vyn and asks as quietly as he can muster "are you alright?"
----------
OOC: i used spider climb to get down and took 10 on move silently for another 26
10 d20 rolls: 20, 2, 14, 9, 19, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8
Not attempting to hide
init: 28 (12+14)

Gradius
2006-12-27, 03:58 PM
Garath simply walked up, his wings providing all the support he would need. If he would lose balence, he could simply support himself with his wings. He didn't seem to mind any of this at all, it was life. He just wanted to kill that bastard dargon.

Int: 15 (11+4)

Rolls: 10, 17, 6, 19, 15, 15, 12, 3, 9, 13 (Meh...)

Wraithkin
2006-12-27, 03:59 PM
Dano sees Vvaren slide away, and he attempts to reach out to grab him but he responds too late. Grumbling, he reaches behind his cloak and tosses some rope and a few pitons to Garath. "You know what to do." With that, he flies down to where Vvaren is, his energies penetrating the fog and reaching out to 100 feet.

ooc: Ok, I shouldn't have had to make any footing checks, but since I didn't fail, it's moot. But, from here on out, I am always flying. I don't need to make any spot checks (as we already discussed in chat) for those 100'. For those miscellaneous dice rolls... [roll0] That should suffice. Ok... that doesn't work. Rolls going to OOC.

Knight13
2006-12-27, 05:33 PM
Drak'tek

Drak'tek swiftly climbs down the wall, his six limbs and clawed hands and feet make him adept at such tasks.

Accelerated Climbing: Take 10 = 35

When he reaches the bottom, Drak'tek draws his weapons and looks around.

Initiative: 1d20 + 8=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=800457)

d20 Rolls: 1d20=2, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=12, 1d20=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=800149)

MechaKingGhidra
2006-12-27, 06:26 PM
Initiative (1d20+4=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=800215)

Miscellaneous Rolls (1d20=6, 1d20=2, 1d20=3, 1d20=10, 1d20=5, 1d20=15, 1d20=9, 1d20=15, 1d20=4, 1d20=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=800227)

((Well, that's not encouraging.))

After hearing the rumbling but not seeing the source, a slight bit of paranoia grips Vyn as he summons his natural talents to help him, hopefully spotting any unforseen dangers.

((See Invisibility, duration of 3 hours, 10 minutes))

Wraithkin
2006-12-28, 09:01 AM
As he enters the cavern, he falls roughly, a deep thud with an escape of breath. Cursing in languages long forgotten, he stands up and brushes himself off. Looking at himself, he snarls and the deep rumblings of a dragon can be heard from behind Vyn.

Behind Vyn, in the exact same place he heard Dano thump, a pitch black form moves and stands, golden eyes glinting in the ambient light. It barks out words in a language that seems non-too-nice towards the ceiling, directed at someone up above. If you know abyssal: "This area seems to be filled with a field which prevents flight down here, Garath. Get that rope down here, and be extremely cautious."

Gradius
2006-12-28, 05:50 PM
Garath does as Dano wishes, planting the holds into the rock and earth, giving his companians the ability to climb up and down without difficulty. His mind sends a message back through the link.

"Tread with care. I do not know what lies ahead, but it will not allow the use of my wings. A great disadvantage, but we will prevail if we make sure to take care. Vvaren, that means you stay with the group. Run ahead and you likely will not leave this cavern."

Garath merely keeps his eyes peeled for even the slightest change, his massive form walking with great care.

(I don't think that I'll have any problem putting the stakes into the rock. +20 to the checks without and ranks or anything. And don't forget, I can jump about 40 feet vertically for anything I need to climb.)

Cows Go Rawr
2006-12-29, 04:52 PM
Vvaren says "I suppose you are right, I will stick near the group." Vvaren then moves to the bottom of the cliff and paces back and forth ensuring that the perimeter of the area is safe for the others.
-------
Hide 26
Move silently 26
Spot 21
Listen 21
5 D 20 rolls 18, 15, 17, 5, 7

Gurthoron
2007-01-05, 02:40 PM
The group safely get to floor, the only problem arriving when Dano suddenly finds his powers of flight suppressed. Gradius notes the dramatic increase in cavern height, more than enough even for his frame. As Dano reaches out with his touchsight he gets a fine view of a cavern roughly sixty feet wide and thirty feet high, and roughly sixty feet deep. The floor angles upwards towards the back, forming a natural little shelf. On it, a human size form and one much larger, shaped like a dragon and staring intently at the group. It leaps from its perch with a snarl that alerts the rest, moving forwards swiftly as it races forwards. It takes a tearing bite out of the closest target, Vyn. Vyn sights a Green Dragon head, nearly the size of himself, appear out of the mist and chomp down on his right leg before snapping its neck sideways, flinging Vyn to the ground. It takes a further healthy bite out of Vyn's chest before bounding back to its starting point.

Initiatives:

Vvaren: 28
Gradius: 15
Vyn: 16
Dano: 20
Drak'Tek: 25
Kaliand'r: Tajdi hasn't posted recently, and I cannot access his character sheet.

Vyn gets bit, tripped, and bit again. He is prone and takes 77 points of damage. Right now Dano is the only one who can "see" the dragon, unless one of the rest of you has some blindsight/blindsense/tremorsense type thing I've missed. Post as you see this, then I'll put the actions together in order. Sorry for the wait, but I've been having work/holidays/web issues that killed my motivation for a bit. Lets get back into it.

Wraithkin
2007-01-05, 07:30 PM
Dano sees the dragon tear into Vyn and he realizes he needs to help him. Vyn can't take much more punishment like that, so Dano acts after some immediate calculations. Falling back to the basic tactic of superior numbers against a powerful enemy, he grits his teeth and wills his body to move faster than time itself. Soon, everyone is stationary to him, and he focuses on the task at hand. Pulling ectoplasm from the astral plane itself, he forms three massive forms near him and gives them a semblance of life. Each form stands as large as Garath, and appears to be just as powerful.

"Destroy the enemy dragon." The mental command is simple, yet its intent is clear. As time resumes, all three begin swinging at the dragon with a barrage of attacks while Dano moves to Vyn's side.

Calling to the powers of Athena, he places his hand on Vyn, closing the wounds the dragon just inflicted.

-=-=-=-
ooc:Alrighty... here we go.
Round 1: Manifested Temporal Acceleration (a swift action) with 19 PP, giving me 3 rounds of time to work with.

Accelerated time round 1: Manifested Astral Construct, 19 PP, with the following properties:
9th-Level Astral Construct
Size/Type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#sizeAndType): Huge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreatu resInCombat) Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#constructType)
Hit Dice (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#hitDice): 19d10+40 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) (144 hp)
Initiative (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#initiative): +0 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Speed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#speed): 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#armorClass): 33 (+25 natural, -2 size), touch 8, flat-footed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#flatFooted) 33
Base Attack/Grapple (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#baseAttackGrapple): +14 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;)/+38 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#attack): Slam (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Full Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#fullAttack): 2 slams (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Space/Reach (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#spaceReach): 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#specialAttacksAndSpecialQualities): —
Special Qualities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#specialAttacksAndSpecialQualities): Two abilities from Menu C, construct traits, damage reduction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction) 15/magic, darkvision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#darkvision) 60 ft., low-light vision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#lowLightVision)
Saves (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#saves): Fort +6 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;), Ref +6 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;), Will +6 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Abilities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#abilities): Str 43, Dex 11, Con Ø (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#constitution), Int Ø (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#intelligence), Wis 11, Cha 10

Features: Menu C: Blindsight; Menu B: Extra Attack (For total of 3); Menu A: Improved Slam Attack (Bringing it up to 3d6+16 per), Trip

Accelerated Time Round 2: Manifest Astral Construct, 19 PP, with the following Properties:

Size/Type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#sizeAndType): Huge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreatu resInCombat) Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#constructType)
Hit Dice (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#hitDice): 19d10+40 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) (144 hp)
Initiative (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#initiative): +0 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Armor Class (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#armorClass): 33 (+25 natural, -2 size), touch 8, flat-footed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#flatFooted) 33
Base Attack/Grapple (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#baseAttackGrapple): +14 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)/+38 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#attack): Slam (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Full Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#fullAttack): 2 slams (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Space/Reach (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#spaceReach): 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#specialAttacksAndSpecialQualities): —
Special Qualities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#specialAttacksAndSpecialQualities): Two abilities from Menu C, construct traits, damage reduction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction) 15/magic, darkvision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#darkvision) 60 ft., low-light vision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#lowLightVision)
Saves (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#saves): Fort +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;), Ref +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;), Will +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Abilities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#abilities): Str 43, Dex 11, Con Ø (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#constitution), Int Ø (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#intelligence), Wis 11, Cha 10

Features: Menu C: Blindsight; Menu B: Extra Attack (For total of 3); Menu A: Improved Slam Attack (Bringing it up to 3d6+16 per), Trip

Accelerated Time Round 3: Manifested Astral Construct, 19 PP, with the following properties:

Hit Dice (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#hitDice): 19d10+40 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) (144 hp)
Initiative (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#initiative): +0 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Base Attack/Grapple (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#baseAttackGrapple): +14 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)/+38 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)
Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#attack): Slam (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Full Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#fullAttack): 2 slams (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#slaporSlam) +28 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;) melee (2d6+16 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;))
Saves (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#saves): Fort +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;), Ref +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;), Will +6 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void%280%29;)

Features: Menu C: Blindsight; Menu B: Extra Attack (For total of 3); Menu A: Improved Slam Attack (Bringing it up to 3d6+16 per), Power Attack

All 3 constructs are 10 feet from the dragon 2 opposite each other for flanking, and the third is opposite the party's location (ideally giving Garath flanking).

Resumed Round 1 Action (move): Move to Vyn
Resumed Round 1 Action (Standard): [roll0] Heal (brings you to full health)

Wraithkin
2007-01-05, 07:34 PM
Blast it... stupid thing. Anyway, dice rolls!
[roll0]

Then, the attacks!
Attack 1: [roll1] [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] [roll4]
Attack 3: [roll5] [roll6]

Construct 2, opposite construct 1
Attack 1: [roll7] [roll8]
Attack 2: [roll9] [roll10]
Attack 3: [roll11] [roll12]

Construct 3, opposite party
Attack 1: [roll13] [roll14]
Attack 2: [roll15] [roll16]
Attack 3: [roll17] [roll18]

If any of those hit, I'll roll the trip attacks for 1 and 2.

Wraithkin
2007-01-05, 07:35 PM
Ooh, I see two crits! Confirm!
Confirm Crit: [roll0]
Confirm Crit: [roll1]

Cows Go Rawr
2007-01-05, 08:27 PM
Vvaren flinched at the sight of such an immense gaping maw and in an instant he recomposes himself and speaks out "Now would be a good time to slow him down a bit" and in response the sword in his hand flares with a blue light and and a voice says "Done" and with that Vvaren darts off into the mist.

----------
sword casts slow on the dragon
Vvaren moves up to the dragon and attacks with the sword
Roll= 8+22=30
Damage= 5+3+14=22

MechaKingGhidra
2007-01-06, 04:44 PM
Terrified he was going to be finished off by the dragon, Vyn mentally prepares for the end until Dano comes to his rescue, healing all of his wounds. Luckily getting a hold of himself quickly, he stands up and casts a spell he hopes reduces his near-death experiences, if only by a little.

((Shield, 12 minutes, +4 to AC, total AC=53 due to earlier cast Mage Armor))

Knight13
2007-01-06, 10:43 PM
Drak'tek

Drak'tek's head whips around at the sudden assault. As the dragon disappears into the mist, Drak'tek emits a short series of clicks and a crackling nimbus of electricity flares to life around the blades of his polearm. Now fully prepared for battle, he moves in the direction of the dragon.

Standard action: Use command word
Move action: Move in the direction of the dragon's last known location, 50 ft.

Gradius
2007-01-08, 07:14 PM
Garath sighed as the dragon used the silly tricks to hide itself. Dark Vision was useless as well in this condition. He was simply going to have to show this child who was the true master. The Gold was in his blood and he would simply have to make that beast understand it's rank.

"Will someone dispel this illision so we can move on with things. I really don't want to waste too much time here."

(Redied Full Attack and moved forward 5'.)

(I assume if he can claw me, I can hurt him.)

Gurthoron
2007-01-08, 10:44 PM
[OOC: Yay! Everyone posted! Alright, lets get this rolling.]

Vvaren sends a mental nudge to his sword before charging forwards. As he charges forwards he notes a slightly odd section of floor, seeming more comprised of green slime than rock. Sliding a bit at its edge he takes a quick leap over it to be sure and continues in. The landscape tilts upwards a bit and he suddenly finds himself in front of a far larger creature. He slices out, but just glances off the dark scaley armor the dragon was wearing.

Drak'tek moves forwards as well, quick leaps taking him right up to the dragon as well. His arrival is followed by the appearance of several large, humanoid forms around the dragon, which proceed to beat heavily on the dragon and knock it to the ground. Dano moves forwards to heal their badly damaged companion, still lying stunned on the ground. But with Dano's ministrations Vyn rises, summoning a magical shield to aid in his defense.

Garath moves forwards with a nod to the others, readying himself for another charge by their foe. What he did not expect was a large green form shouldering past him from behind, shoving a surprised Dano before it. Garath and Vyn strike out at it as it passes by them, but that doesn't prevent the dragon from shoving Dano into a pool of green slime. Dano would scream if he could draw breath, as the corrosive nature of the slime burned away at his clothes and skin.

Drak'tek and Vvaren watch as the horrible damage suffered by the original dragon disappears, as the raised stone he stood on suddenly burned brilliant white. To add to the surprise, one of the huge forms surrounding the dragon disappears, its ectoplasm discorporated. The dragon near Drak'tek and Vvaren decides to take its rage out upon the newcomer before it, as the insect-like Thri-keen definitely looks the tastiest of those around it. It lifts itself up before lunging down on the ranger. Drak'Tek finds himself flat on his back after taking a vicious downwards strike to his shoulder. The dragon mauls him as he lays there. Behind the battle stands Ashlee, now with obvious draconic features in evidence, watching with blank eyes.

[OOC:]

Initiatives:

Garath: 15

Alright. Garath hits with 3 AoO, if you'd like to roll damage. Dano, your constructs do a very nice job of hurting the beastie, but it has a contingency for that. One of them is dispelled at the end of the round. Drak'tek takes 50 damage from two attacks, and is prone, but hits with an AoO on the dragon he faces. Dano gets it the worst; he is bullrushed into a trench of green slime. It does nothing for the first round, but unless you can scrape it all off by next round you will be hurting.

Right now, Dano is in a 15x5 foot trench of green slime, with a dragon directly above him. Vyn is standing 25 ft towards the entrance, with Gradius next to him. Drak'tek and Vvaren is 25 ft further in from Dano, with a dragon in front of them. The two remaining constructs are behind the dragon and to the right of the dragon (from party's POV). Ashlee is back and to the left.

Cows Go Rawr
2007-01-09, 01:07 AM
Vvaren, Realizing how ineffective his attempt was, mentally calls out to Fernrisar "Strike him with your powers over thunder my friend." With that Vvaren strikes with an all out assault on the dragon hoping that at least one hit may penetrate its thick hide. In the attack the rapier flares to life and with a blood stopping crash and a blinding flash an ark of electricity A blot springs from the tip of the sword as it stabs towards the dragons scales.

-----
The sword casts Lightning bolt (10D6 = 31)
Vvaren makes a full attack
Attack rolls: 27 31 13 39(crit confirm 35) 26 29(crit confirm 23)
Damage rolls: 25 18 23 26 13 26
The dragon is designated as my dodge target giving me a +4 bonus to ac (I get a +2 from the swashbuckler class)
In other news i just rolled three ones in a row on my damage for my dagger :smallfurious:

MechaKingGhidra
2007-01-09, 12:24 PM
Seeing the power of lightning at work, Vyn remembers he also has magical elemental aid with him as well. With that, he moves into a position to not catch his allies or Ashlee and summons a twisting cone of cold towards the dragon.

((Cone of Cold, Reflex 29 for half, Damage (12d6=41) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=817334)))

Gradius
2007-01-09, 11:24 PM
Garath merely roared as he struck out, and his Sythe came down piercing through the dragons scales and wounding it.

3 Attacks hit.

3d6+30= 40 Damage, 1 Con Damage
3d6+30= 48 Damage, 1 Con Damage
3d6+30= 39 Damage, 1 Con Damage

"Nobody harms DANO!"

Garath runs after it, and if he can he will make a full attack. If he needs to make a movemment, he will bullrush the dragon, and attack it.

Bull Rush
5d6+30= 54 Damage, 1 Con Damage

Wraithkin
2007-01-09, 11:52 PM
Dano feels the disgusting goo eating away at his flesh, and more importantly, he knew what it did to metal items. He had a solution, but he knew it would hurt. Opening his mouth, a small bead of light forms and begins to grow as a rumble passes through the cave. Soon, the bead has grown to the size of a watermellon, and a rage-filled roar can be heard throughout the cave. The sphere of light expands surrounding him and the entire pool of fluid, expanding to come just shy of Vyn's position. The light is bright and blinding, and flares brilliantly before disappearing. Smoke and steam rises into the air, the smell of burnt flesh and charred slime stabbing people's sense of smell. Quickly, he sees the others dealing with the dragon, and moves to place himself between Garath and the others, preparing to provide healing assistance to Drak'tek.

-=-=-=-=-
[roll0][roll1]

Knight13
2007-01-10, 02:45 PM
Drak'tek

Drak'tek jumps to his feet, his deformed wings flapping awkwardly to give him additional lift. The chitin covering his shoulder is cracked and leaking transparent fluid. Still a little off balance, he only manages to take one swing at the dragon.

Move Action: Stand Up
Standard Action: Attack with Gythka

Attack: 1d20+30=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=818984)
Damage: 1d10+15=23, 1d6=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=818986) (the second roll is electricity damage)

[ooc: damn, invisible castle hates me today.]

Gurthoron
2007-01-14, 03:54 AM
Vvaren's sword sends forth a twisting stream of lightning, connecting with the dragon looming over him and send trickles of electricity flickering across its scales and leaving burn marks across it. His flurry of attacks afterwards mostly bounce off of the dragon's hide, but a few stab in at weakened points in the scales. Drak'tek picks himself off the ground, dodging a snakelike strike from the dragon, before striking ineffectively at it.

Dano summons up a blast of fire, burning the green slime from himself. Meanwhile, Vyn moves to freeze the closer dragon with his Cone of Cold. It gives a snarl at the dual pain of cold and fire, but its attentions seem elsewere. It barely flinches when Garath charges in, shoving the dragon away and slashing deeply yet again.

But the dragon surprises Garath as it leaps away. Garath manages one more strike as the form retreats. Drak'tek and Vvaren are facing their enemy when its attentions suddenly shift and it leaps past them. Instead the other dragon, marked by fire and ice, leaps over them before slashing into the astral construct facing the two party members. The ectoplasmic being dissolves under the punishment, while the dragon is embraced by the same healing light that had taken away so much of the damage suffered by the other drake. To add to the danger, the last astral construct dissapates and disappears. Vvaren and Drak'tek see Ashlee preforming the motions of spellcasting, but she shows no emotion or concentration as she gets rid of the construct.

Meanwhile Garath finds his fleeing opponent replaced by the other dragon. It lashes out, staying at the edge of its and Garath's reach. Despite the equality in size, the dragon skillfully pulls Garath's legs from beneath him and drops the Half-dragon to the groun before retreating back into the mist. Vvaren and Drak'tek see it reappear with a bounding leap, facing them side by side with the latecoming dragon.

Initiatives:

Garath hits with one more AoO on the dragon. The last two constructs are gone. The first dragon moved, tripped Garath, then retreated. The second dragon was pushed back by Garath before withdrawing and attacking one of the constructs. Right now Dano and Vyn are approximately next to one another, with Garath ten feet beyond them. Ten feet beyond him is Drak'tek and Vvaren, with the two dragons directly beyond them.

Wraithkin
2007-01-14, 10:38 AM
Dano looks at the situation, and his eyes flash momentarily. I have to disable that pedestal! His mind churns as thoughts tear through his brain, calculations being done in quick order. He hated doing this so often, but he had to... there was no other choice. Gritting his teeth against the pain he knows is coming, he forces his body to speed up past that of normal vision. The wave of agony passes over him and he moves forward, sighing as he does so.

Trotting over to the pedestal, he claps both hands together as it echoes throughout the cavern and he kneels and plants his hands on the rock at the base of the dias. Focusing further, he watches as the rock is reshaped from around the base of the pedestal. He redistributes the rock from beneath the object to immediately over it, doming it over with thick rock.

After doing so, he moves over to Drak'tek just before the power ends, calling to Athena to heal him. The healing light passes from him to the insectoid creature, and he moves back to stand beside Vyn. "GARATH! Tip over the pedestal!" His voice shouts over the mental link.

ooc: Ok, I fabricated a dome over the dias itself using greater fabrication, psionic. I used the rock from directly beneath the pedestal as material for said dome, weakening the base of the dome. Imagine a top, and that's how I cored out the rock from beneath. Basically, right now, it's supported only by a small pillar amount of rock, something easily broken by Garath. If you need a picture, let me know and I'll get it for you. Forget it. Here (not to scale, mind you):

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/Wraithkin/pedestal.gif

As for injuries healed! [roll0]

MechaKingGhidra
2007-01-14, 02:45 PM
Intrigued by the dragon's resilience, he decides to at least try affecting them all if either way he could only make a dent anyway. He summons a stream of lightning that "jumps" from one dragon to the other.

Chain Lightning (12d6=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=825322)

36 initial, 18 secondary, 9 thirdly (Reflex DC 30 for half)

(Well, at least it's average damage and not lower.)

(Edit: Whoops. I completely forgot about listing the Reflex DC.)

Cows Go Rawr
2007-01-14, 03:42 PM
Vvaren runs to the wall in the cavern and starts climbing to the ceiling.
---
Spider Climb climb speed 20ft

Gradius
2007-01-15, 12:08 AM
(50 Damage, 1 Con Damage)

Garath roared as he began to tip the pedestal over. He was not going to allow Dano to suffer any longer.

(No need for a Str check. 50 Str + Huge)

Knight13
2007-01-21, 10:33 PM
Drak'tek

Now once again firmly on his feet, Drak'tek advances on the dragon that attacked him and seems to disappear in a whirling cyclone of flashing blades.

5-foot step if necessary

Full Attack:
1d20+28=38 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836787)
1d20+23=42
1d20+18=22
1d20+28=30
1d20+23=33
1d20+18=34
1d20+28=30
1d20+23=39
1d20+18=27
1d20+28=33
1d20+23=36
1d20+18=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836787)

Damage: [ooc: the d4s are electric damage]
1d10+14=17, 1d4=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836788)
1d10+14=20, 1d4=3
1d10+14=15, 1d4=2
1d10+14=20, 1d4=1
1d10+14=18, 1d4=1
1d10+14=20, 1d4=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836788)
1d10+14=21
1d10+14=22
1d10+14=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836799)
1d10+19=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836795)
1d10+19=23
1d10+19=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=836795)

[ooc: Impressive, no? :smallcool: ]

Gurthoron
2007-01-22, 08:33 PM
Vvaren moves into the mist, climbing in a rather creepy spider-like way up the wall, proving once again the mysterious and inscrutable nature of vampires. Drak'tek moved forward to strike at the dragon before him, flurrying a series of attacks that slashed into the Green repeatedly. Several deflected off the dragons scales, but others striked home, sending further tendrils of lightning arcing from scale to scale.

Dano once again accelerates to nearly null time, rapdily shaping the stone around the pedastal. While the dome he created did not surround the dragon, but it succeeded in giving Garath a nice handhold to use. Vyn followed the preformance up with a nice lightning chain, savaging the dragons again. They were getting distinctly unhappy about all this electricity flying around.

Garath ran forward to follow through with that, and despite a savaging recieved on the way in, managed to toss the healing pedastal to the side. Garath looked up with a triumphant grin, to see two angry dragons staring at him. "Not bad, gold whelp," growled the one before Garath, "But I think you have placed yourself in a rather unhealthy position."

Dano finds himself suddenly grabbed and flung to the side by the smaller dragon. Garath catches a surprised look from his friend as he disappears into the mist. But his attention is diverted by a flurry of claws and teeth that descend upon him.

Initiatives:

Alright, Dano does his shapey thing and Garath tosses the pedastal away. Good job. The dragons respond by tossing Dano away and doing their slashey thing on Garath. Dano takes 39 damage (after DR) from flying and impact. Garath takes 162 damage (after DR) from several attacks.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-01-22, 09:32 PM
Seeing the savage beating his allies are taking but not too keen on being swarmed upon himself, Vyn rushes over to Dano and casts a spell on him as his image turns unclear.

((Casts 'Blur' on Dano))

Wraithkin
2007-01-22, 11:26 PM
Dano picks himself up from the pile of rubble that was around him, and growls. The growl rumbles through out the cave like a great beast awakening, and Dano's form begins to change. Blood from the many wounds on his body tinges his form a sick coloration on his body, and his form begins to distort. His hands change to claws, and his head extends to have the shape like that of a dragon.

Muscles bunch and twist, and his height grows another foot as his legs elongate and torque into inhuman positions. The growl grows louder, to a full roar, deafening like that of a full-blooded dragon. Only this dragon is like a man, and this dragon is coated in an ebony skin unlike any other. Words creep from his mouth, directed towards the green dragons and are in their language. "You disgusting lesser dragons dare harm my friend? You dare to harm innocent people? You will feel the righteous wrath of Athena, Bahamut, and me! Prepare to die, Kobold!"

Another roar later, and he blinks out of existance and moments later a massive construct stands next to Garath and Dano's hand is planted on his friend's back, healing energy spreading from Dano to Garath. Backing off, he adapts a defensive posture and weaves his hands in the air. "Athena, I call to you. Protect us from these dragons!" His voice grates in a beastly manner, similar to the other dragons in the cavern.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ok... temp accel (again).

Round 1: Spont Heal myself with CSW:
Round 2: Create Astral Construct, in the power attack configuration from above (will post if needed)
Round 3: Move to Garath's side, begin casting. At the instant I finish casting, release temp accel and slap the heal spell on Garath. 130 points for you buddy.

Resumed time: Casting Anti-Dragon Aura defensively, targeting all allies (I can do 6) [roll1] -- DC is 18. Everyone gets +4 Luck bonus to AC and +4 Luck bonus to saves against these crackhead dragons.

Astral Construct no likey big slashy beat-on-garath dragon, in position directly opposite of Garath to get flanking, 10 feet away from the dragon.
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll=attack 3, power attack +10]1d20+18 [roll7]

I think that's everything...

Wraithkin
2007-01-22, 11:27 PM
I guess it didn't like that last attack roll. [roll0]

Gradius
2007-01-23, 12:14 AM
(Just be happy Garath doesn't get a morale bonus for that comment...)

Garath feels his wounds close, as he even wonders how these pitiful lessers had done such damage to his perfect body. The only wone that had any right to do those things to Garath, was his father.

"Gold welp? I am perfection, you insolent weaklings. I am the spawn of Pcileron the Golden Scale. He taught me one thing. Being what I am, I'll never be accepted, only used. There is not a handful of other beings in this world that would accept me for a person, yet Dano has stood by my side for the last few centuries. If you ever hope to achieve the power to defeat us, come back in ten thousand years."

AC: 42

With that he went on a frenzy of attacks, his guard seeming to be much higher than before.

(Full Attack on Flanked "Slasher")

Attack Roll: 12+26= 38 to hit.
Damage Roll: 3d6+30= 41 Damage, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 19+26= Critical Threat, 41 to confirm.
Damage Roll: 3d6+30= 168 Damage, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 7+21= 28 to Hit
Damage Roll: 3d6+30= 46 Damage, 1 Con Damage

Cows Go Rawr
2007-01-23, 11:09 AM
Vvaren climbs further on the roof of the cavern positioning himself above the larger of the two dragons.

Knight13
2007-01-25, 10:48 PM
Drak'tek

Drak'tek moves to get both of the dragons in line and braces himself. His mandibles stretch wide and yet another bolt of lightning arcs across the cavern.

Move to the dragons in line

Use breath weapon, 60-foot line of lightning
Damage: 6d8=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844360)
DC 15 Reflex save for half

Gurthoron
2007-01-30, 07:42 PM
The vampire continues his crawl across the ceiling, neatly positioning himself over the fast moving dragon. (hereafter referred to as "Trippy") Drak'tek follows Vyn's lead and shoots off a bolt of electricity, zapping both of his foes.

Dano proceeds to summon another of his astral guardians, situating it to flank the insulting dragon (Hereafter referred to as "Slashy") with Garath. He also heals himself and his friend, while revealing his own draconic heritage. Vyn moves to his side to cast a bit of defensive magic on him, blurring the outline of Dano.

Garath takes advantage of the situation, striking hard at Slashy. Deep cuts open up in the dragon's scales, but when he brings a particularly hard cut around at the dragon's neck, a small gem imbedded in the drake's chest flashes, and the blade seems to open a cut in a far less critical area.

Even with the deflected blow, the dragon is still oozing blood from several wounds. These lesser creatures have proved quite annoying. While the thing claiming gold heritage and the insect creature did damaging attacks, it was the one spellcaster that kept healing his friends that was most vexing. And it claimed draconic heritage. It gave a barking growl to its companion, which translated from draconic merely meant "strike". Garath once again found himself dumped to the ground, but his dedication to his defense serves well in preventing the Trippy's second strike from connecting.

Meanwhile Slashy has another target. Leaping over the now prone Garath it charges at Dano, slashing viciously at the small demi-drake. But Vyn's foresight comes in handy as almost all the attacks fail to connect. One wing manages to connect to Dano's midriff, but the hit barely fazes him.

Initiatives:

Alright, we have 14 damage dealt to Dano and 26 dealt to Garath. Garath is prone in front of Trippy, with Drak'tek nearby. Dano and Vyn are to the side near one wall, with Slashy before them, in between them. Ashlee is still in view, to the left and behind Slashy from Dano and Vyn, and to the left of Trippy and further back to Garath

Wraithkin
2007-01-30, 07:53 PM
Dano

A vicious, glutteral laughter comes from the now-transformed Dano, and his eyes glow red at the dragon. Words bark from his jaws towards the dragon, using draconic to taunt them. "Hah! Look Garath! This one can't even hit me! He's not even worthy of the name Kobold... He's more like a goblin!"

As he speaks, both arms reach behind his back beneath his cloak and draw out a pair of large leather bags. With a grunt, the bags are hurled towards Ashlee, opening up and revealing their sticky, goey innards.

Ok... taunting... yeah. Love it. Suck it! :smallcool:

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gurth, just doing what we discussed.

Gradius
2007-01-30, 08:34 PM
Garath smiled as he rose once again stepped back and out of Trippy's range. He knew full well the power of a drag, and as such, he wasn't going to allow them to gain the uperhand. His body shifted into a defnsive posture, as Garath's great voice roared. The darconic wors rung true, as even more was revealed to these people.

"A Golden Scale's breath is made from the eternal fire that resides within them. Their bodies can prduce this flame upon command, and they only need a few seconds to recover. After 800 yeaqrs of training, I have managed to meet my half brother's blaze, with all the glory of the Golden Scale. When my father hears of this, the King shall be given notice of your actions."

5 Foot Step, out of Trippy's range and a breath attack at SLashy, masking sure not to harm Dano or anyone else in the party.

Breath Attack(Fire)
12d10 = 84 Damage (Reflex DC: 26)

MechaKingGhidra
2007-01-31, 12:14 AM
Vyn, pleased with his predictions, readily fires off another jumping electrical line, hitting Slashy and then Trippy.

Damage (Reflex DC 30 for half) (12d6=37) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=851055)

Slashy (37 electricity damage), Trippy (18 electricity damage)

Cows Go Rawr
2007-01-31, 12:40 AM
Vvaren dives off the cavern roof toward the nearest dragon, attempts to land on it and hold on for dear life.
--------------
So he attempts to land on trippy on the head if at all possible.

Knight13
2007-02-03, 09:19 PM
Drak'tek

Drak'tek moves in on Slashy and continues his barrage of attacks.

Attack:
1d20+28=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857115)
1d20+23=43 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857115)
Critical Threat: 1d20+23=39 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857127)
1d20+18=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857115)
1d20+28=41
1d20+23=27
1d20+18=35
1d20+28=45
1d20+23=35
1d20+18=30
1d20+28=33
1d20+23=25
1d20+18=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857115)

Damage:
1d10+14=18, 1d6=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857129)
1d10+14=17, 1d6=6 (34 and 6 with critical)
1d10+14=19, 1d6=1
1d10+14=22, 1d6=4
1d10+14=16, 1d6=6
1d10+14=18, 1d6=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857129)
1d10+14=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857133)
1d10+14=20
1d10+14=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857133)
1d10+19=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857135)
1d10+19=24
1d10+19=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857135)

Gurthoron
2007-02-03, 11:43 PM
Vvaren pauses above Trippy's back, times his jump, then leaps down on the dragon. Stabbing one blade into the dragon's spine, he holds on for dear life as the dragon begins bucking beneath him. Drak'tek moves in to strike at Slashy, hitting the dragon several times with his flurry of blows.

Dano laughs at his foe, tossing bags at Ashlee. The bags connected, holding her immobile. Despite this, she still seems detached from what is going on. Vyn's lightning bolt stikes the two dragons, further scarring their hides. Their coloration was starting to look more like a black dragon due to the charring effect of the lightning.

Garath picked himself up carefully, but fortunately Trippy was distracted by Vvaren and did not take the oppurtunity to strike at the half-dragon. Garath turns and breathes on Slashy, burning its hide heavily despite its agility.

Vvaren's ride comes to an abrupt halt as Trippy manages to twist about and latch onto the vampire. He is ripped off the dragon and flung, flying nearly to the entrance to the chamber. He calls upon his gaseous form to avoid smacking into the wall, and manages to safely reform on the ground. But that did nothing to prevent the punctures in his side.

Slashy stares down at Dano with rage, infuriated by this strange creatures ability to dodge attacks. "Fine," it growled, then swung sideways, aiming at the tall form of Garath just recovering from his powerful breath. Dano ducked the tail swinging at him then just stared as the dragon descended upon his friend. The dragon's charge descends on Garath like a thunderbolt, leaving him reeling.

Initiatives:

Vvaren gets tossed 50 feet away and takes 23 damage after DR. However, he does do a fair bit of damage to the dragon. Garath takes 109 damage after DR. We now have Vyn and Dano in the same spot, with Slashy about 20ft away next to Garath. Trippy is also near Garath. Drak'tek is positioned about 10 ft away from Slashy's new position. Vvaren is at the cavern entrance.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-02-04, 11:23 AM
Yet again, Vyn lets off another electric attack, both dragons victim once again at the same time.

Damage (Reflex 30 for half) (12d6=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=857790)

((Slashy: 31 damage, Trippy: 15 damage))

Fuzzball
2007-02-13, 05:57 PM
[OOC:] Here is a battle map for you guys. Little crude, but a lot easier to deal with than setting up a bunch of models. Plus, we don't have questions like "Am I the Treant or the group goblins piled together?" Anyway, sorry for the wait, but here we go.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7eOIwNzzYbJkvXOhgqSaIg

Wraithkin
2007-02-13, 10:09 PM
Dano

"Fine? That's the best you can come up with? Gods, you greens really are dumb! Garath, I think you need to enlighten these fools."

He barks his words, as he walks towards Garath, his hands moving in patterns in the air and his tongue whispers the celestial tongue. White light spreads to his hands, and then to Garath, closing every wound he has.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Alright, 3rd Heal of the fight, Garath should be fully healed now. Go git 'em tiger! :smallbiggrin:

Moving w, sw, s, s, s.

Gradius
2007-02-14, 02:42 AM
Garath laughed as he clenched his mighty Zenkai. Taking a quick step back, he kept up his defenses and prepared to finish Slashy.

5' Step NW, away from both Dragons.

"You have gone far enough. No Green will ever harm me. By Pcileron, I shall bring you down!"

Full Attack-

Combat Expertise: +4 to maintain AC.

Attack Roll:34
Damage: 35, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll:38
Damage: 48, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll:31
Damage: 44, 1 Con Damage

Gurthoron
2007-02-23, 01:31 AM
Vvaren tumbles to a halt at the cave entrance, disoriented by the throw. The vampire finds himself partially impaled upon a stalagtite, and is forced to spend some time wretching himself off of the stony spike. Drak'tek unleases another series of strikes, hitting Trippy a few times.

Dano continues his taunts of the enemy dragons while moving in to heal his comrade. Vyn takes advantage of the distraction to send another stream of lightning over the dragons, hitting Slashy solidly but narrowly missing the agile Trippy.

Garath moves slightly away from the two and throws up a whirling wall of defence with his scythe while striking several times. His defensive manuevers proved helpful in warding off the attacks of the enemy dragon, but his half-hearted slashes failed to penetrate the thick skin of his foe.

In return Garath is tossed to the ground by Trippy before being mauled by Slashy. His defence holds, and only a couple strikes make it through to harm him.

Initiatives:

Garath takes 37 damage after damage reduction and is prone. Map looks pretty much the same, only with Dano south two squares.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-02-23, 09:25 PM
Almost tiring of his non-variance of attacking, Vyn nevertheless whips off another lightning spell.

Damage (Reflex 30 for half) (12d6=49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=888956)

((Slashy: 49 damage, Trippy: 24 damage))

Wraithkin
2007-02-24, 12:32 PM
Trotting around to his original vantage point, and east, he skids to a halt and sucks in a deep breath. His now-dragon jaws open up, a bead of light forming between them. The bead grows in size until it is only held in place by his mouth, and it bubbles outwards until he roars and exhales a stream of bright light towards the two lesser dragons.

[roll0] Save DC 24 for half. Moving to form a line that will hit both dragons but not Drak'tek. Energy in breath weapons is cold.

Gradius
2007-02-26, 03:32 PM
Garath smiled as he was able to so easily shrug of this damage. These things were tough, but not tough enough.

"I think you should know. I'm informing the Golds of this action. This does not abide with the ways of the Dragon and as such, a severe punishment shall be dealt."

5' Step NW, away from both Dragons.

Full Attack (Slashy)-

Combat Expertise: +0 to maintain AC.

Attack Roll:45
Damage: 40, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 31 (Bah, what a waste...)
Damage: 37, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 47(Nat 19), 42 to Confirm
Damage: 45, 1 Con Damage

Gurthoron
2007-03-02, 06:40 PM
Vvaren finally pulls himself up and charges in to combat. Rapier flashing, he stabs it deeply into Slashy's side, catching a thin spot under the foreleg. Drak'tek follows it up with several more strikes from the opposite side. Dano adds to the carnage by moving and breathing upon the two dragons, although Trippy manages to avoid the blast. Vyn lines up a lightning bolt as well, again striking Slashy hard while being avoided by Trippy. Finally Garath wades in, striking hard at the dragon. The combination sends the Green Dragon into a world of pain, and it collapses upon the ground. Garath's final strike cleanly severs its head.

The group's elation is short lived. A deep growling from the remaining dragon is interrupted by it picking Drak'tek up in its jaws and biting down hard, showering the others with bits of insect ichor. Vvaren is blasted away by a ray of light emanating from the hand of a still-prone Ashlee, and disappears in a piff of dust. After this Ashlee's head falls to the ground, and she appears unconscious.

Initiatives:

Alright, well, Drak'tek and Vvaren are now out of it. Ashlee seems unconscious, but there is still a very angry Trippy looking at you all.

Wraithkin
2007-03-02, 07:23 PM
Dano

The dragon-like humanoid's eyes go wide, seeing the two allies disappear in a matter of a heartbeat. His draconic jaws gape slightly as his mind reels and attempts to take it all in. He didn't think it was possible, and soon that disbelief was replaced with rage. Seething rage. He is taken back to a time many centuries back. Seeing his friends then struck down. And his emotional reaction was the exact same, only this time he would have more strength to avenge his friends.

His words are so violent that the come out in abyssal, the only language he knows the best curses for. Curse after curse issues from his mouth, as his mind focuses and builds a shard of crystal the size of his hand. Then his arm. Then his torso. "... And now... Now you will die!!!" As he spouts his last word, the massive shard of crystal is flung at the hulking form of the dragon, intent upon lancing him through the heart.

Yeah... he's pissed now.

Crystal Shard: [roll0] [roll1] No save, no SR

Wraithkin
2007-03-02, 07:23 PM
((wow... hah! Natural 20. [roll0]))

Gradius
2007-03-02, 07:33 PM
"Foolish beast. Allow me to show you how that was a mistake. Nobody harms a comrade of mine. He may not have been as high as my true brethren, but he understood the troubles of deformation too well."

Garth's scythe drips with blood as he brings it down upon the next dragon. He does not seem to hesitate a second, his anger bringing death to this person. Even if this thing was a corpse, it's very soul would feel the pain and death that would come upon the dragon...

Full Attack (Trippy)-

Combat Expertise: +0 to maintain AC.

Flanking: +2

Attack Roll: 45
Damage: 39, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 44 (Bah, what a waste...)
Damage: 42, 1 Con Damage

Attack Roll: 48
Damage: 48, 1 Con Damage

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-03, 02:00 AM
Seeing the first dragon fall, Vyn is quite eager for the second to follow suit as he moves to attack with another spell he used only once before in this fight, unleashing a torrent of cold upon the draconic nuisance whose skill in avoiding some of his earlier attacks was beginning to take a toll on Vyn's level of tolerance of arrogant beings, taking care to place himself in such a manner so that his allies are not affected.

Cone of Cold (Reflex DC 29 for half) (12d6=41) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=900694)

Fuzzball
2007-03-04, 10:40 PM
Under the full force of the remaining group the second dragon collapses in a bloody heap. It's outline wavers and melts until what remains is a very large spiky wolf. It twitches with one last moan and then everything in the cave is silent and still.

Ashlee lays where she had been trapped in the tanglefoot bags, breathing softly. In one of the corner there is a small pile of valuables. It seems like a rather small amount for a dragon's hoard, but then, the cave does have permanent enchantments on it and those don't come cheap.

Gradius
2007-03-05, 02:09 AM
Garth raises his arm and twirls Zenkai of her head, bringing it in front of him, blood-free. His scythe neared the mutated Ashlee.

"All this, for another arcane devastation onto the natural. Living her life as this thing... Dano, I'm going to remove her misery."

Wraithkin
2007-03-05, 09:04 AM
"Garath, do I live in misery?" He quips back at his large friend. Walking over to her, he kneels down and breaks off the now-hardening chemical mixture. "Ashlee... wake up." His voice is quiet, and his form reverts back to the human-looking being that he was when they first met.

Gradius
2007-03-05, 01:50 PM
"You are one of the lucky ones so far. You have not yet lived long enough to suffer the abuse this world can give. We have been together for nigh a thousand years, yet you are still so naive. She will never be accepted into her home again, let alone any place else. And once again, this region will call those such as us bad omens."

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-05, 06:33 PM
"I truly do hate to interrupt, but I fail to believe that. Everyone will always have a place in this world, no matter how remote or otherwise impossibly seen as. Misery can be overcome with persistant hard work, which she is probably familiar with on different aspects of life already so half the work is done. Now she would just need to become used to the fact of her unnatural transformation and adjust as need be. There is no point is wasting life if there is a chance it can come through and persevere, especially with one devoted so heavily to one of the gods. Pelor, was it? Nevertheless, I agree with Dano on this matter and although you likely don't care for my opinion, trust will need to extend on all sides for things to work out. Either way, though, this should be put to rest in one way or another. I'll leave you two be to discuss it some more amongst yourselves. Personally, I'm going to see if those we have slain have anything of use to further our mission."

Vyn looks about the dead bodies and casts a spell that allows him to see they are in the presence of some fairly potent items. He then says to his remaining allies:

"Pardon me please, but of these............remnants, per se, of these creatures, which they had in their possession, what would each of you care to take?"

Wraithkin
2007-03-05, 08:07 PM
Dano looks at the other two remaining members of his party. Sadness crosses his features as he thinks about the implications of Garath's actions, and he looks back down at Ashlee. "She has done nothing to harm us, and she needs us now more than ever Garath. She is not evil, for Pelor would not have granted her the power to destroy Vvaren if she was. She was held in thrall by the dragons, and she is not in pain. My life has been difficult, and there are very few that I can truly call friend. You are the only one I have left alive, my friend. But I only need one true friend, and what society deems as problematic is nothing that concerns me. I stopped caring five centuries ago. And the illusion that I have over my body prevents me from drawing unwelcome attention. The same can be done for her." He walks over to Garath and looks up at the demon-dragon.

"Trust me, as you have trusted me before. She will have a difficult life ahead of her, and who better to help her than us. We know all too well the difficulties she will face. We can't turn our back on her now."

Turning, he looks at Vyn. "I have no need for any of the baubles the dragons horded. You two are free to divest them of their wealth."

Gradius
2007-03-05, 08:30 PM
Garth nodded as he thought on it. Even with this horrid form, he was able to live on and do as he wanted. Dano had his points, and even the scum had his points to this.

"Fine, but I'm watching her. Don't forget, I do not require sleep."

Garth went through the dragon's claiming their magical gear. He smiled as he attached the anklets.

"You cannot wear these things, but... if you wish scum, I will share something with you. Make your choice."

Gurthoron
2007-03-06, 12:04 AM
Ashlee

Ashlee's vision swam into focus. She seemed to be lying down, on something quite uncomfortable. Further study revealed this to be rock, dotted with patches of fungus, lichen, and some nasty green goo that felt uncomfortably like it was chewing at her. She reflexively brought her hands under her to lift herself up, then paused. The green talons appearing before her did not fall under her definition of "hand". She wriggled her fingers, and in mirror the green fingers, with their attached three-inch long claws, wriggled. A faint memory involving something large, green and ugly passed through her mind. "Ah, hell," Ashlee groans.

The sound of something large moving changes her focus. She looks up to see a human standing over her with an appraising look, obviously covered in magic. Behind him were several spiky looking mounds, one of which was moving. Ashlee tries to scamper back, away from these unknowns, and finds something pull at her back and drag her down. Flippling over to see what could be behind her, Ashlee sees only a wall. But up at the corners of her vision are two clawed structures, hovering over her shoulders. With a feel of dread she cranes her now longer and more flexible neck around and peers at her shoulders. The process is repeated for the other shoulder. She brings a clawed hand up to massage her forhead and thinks better of it. Wings. Great. Just great.

She turns back around the face the man. Her rear tenses with the sensation of something new swishing around behind it, but Ashlee doesn't bother to look. Instead she focuses on the figure before her. He seems vaguely familiar, someone she had met. Dan, or Dane, or . . .

"Dano, right?" she says. Despite the darkness of the cavern she finds his facial features quite easy to make out. If it wan't for this weird mist she could probably make out the hunkered forms digging at one another. While their nature was still disconcerting, right now other things were on her mind. With a cringe she motions towards her wings.

"Can you explain this to me?"

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-06, 12:22 AM
Picking up the collar and slipping it around his waist like a belt, Vyn thinks he can live with it as it is not too snug nor too loose. As Ashlee wakes up, he respectfully nods to her and seeing her pick herself off the goo, he goes over to collect a sizeable sample and simply just puts it in his pocket, seeing as how he doesn't have a suitable container. He really must go browsing the shops once they get to an appropriate city or town, Vyn thinks to himself.

Wraithkin
2007-03-06, 12:48 AM
"It's ok, Ashlee." He comes to kneel before her, looking her over for any wounds as he talks quietly and soothingly. "It would appear the magic that killed the man whom we found... the former captain of the guard.. that magic succeeded in changing your form. You are now ... like me. Do not worry, you are among friends. I can help you." He extends his hand out to the confused woman. His face hides nothing, his eyes showing care for her.

Gradius
2007-03-06, 12:55 AM
"Out of respect, you may keep the head of that bastard Green. Dano, make sure the scum does not touch the gear they donned. I'm going to visit my father. You know the rules, only I can go this time. If the scum wishes to steal... kill him."

Garath grasps the head of the Green Dragon and tosses it to Dano before disappearing.

(Teleport to Pcileron's moutain.)

Wraithkin
2007-03-06, 01:00 AM
Frowning at Vyn's actions, he catches the head with a quick halt of his mind, halting it mid-flight through the air without even looking at it. Setting it down on the deck next to him, he speaks to Vyn, though never breaking his gaze with Ashlee. "Vyn, I advise you take off that collar and place it with the rest of the dead green's things. Garath will not take kindly to you taking something he believes to be his own. And at this point, it would be considered theft."

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-06, 01:23 AM
Respectfully, Vyn replies: "Of course."

He then (obviously) proceeds to follow Dano's instructions.

"Thank you for the warning. I guess my mind slipped a thought and somehow I didn't catch the everything included in the original message of what Garath said. Pity, I find pride in my mind and I'm already succumbing to time's inevitability on the mortal body. I thought I would have had a few more hundred years until this would start to happen...................."

Vyn hangs his head slightly and even through his deep red eyes, anyone could see that although he was beginning to ramble on with irrelevant facts, Vyn also was honestly speaking as well as that Vyn was even a tad ashamed of it.

Fuzzball
2007-03-06, 11:33 AM
Pcileron's moutain

Being an older member of dragon-kind, Pcileron has a well established home not far (in dragon terms) from the valley of the king, the dwelling place of the kings of the dragons for the last 50,000 years. Garath appears in the entrance hall to his father's cave. Magic torches flicker to life at his arrival revealing the luxurious hall. No one comes to meet Garath or sends a welcome and invitation to enter indicating that it is likely that no one is there.

Gradius
2007-03-06, 04:00 PM
"FATHER! Pcileron of the Golden Scale, Garath of the perverse Gold is here to meet with you! You are not common to leave your lair, with such status and might, so come and meet me!"

Where are the servants? Even those from my own training do not seem to be here.

Garath begins to walk through the gave, heading straight to his father's horde. He knows all to well that Pcileron would never allow such a thing to simply be accessed. It is the easiest way to bring those in this cave to sight.

Fuzzball
2007-03-06, 05:02 PM
Pcileron's moutain

The sound of Garaths feet on the cold stone echo through the caverns as he passes through. No one comes to investigate and there is no resistance. Being of Pcileron's blood allows him access without setting off traps and alarms and Garath enters the chamber without hindrance. The torches come to life releaving the ancient dragon's enormous collection, but still there is nobody there.

It isn't his speciality, but Garath would guess that there hasn't been a soul in this cave for over a month.

Gradius
2007-03-06, 05:16 PM
"What the... this isn't right... Father would never allow me back here alone... as tempting as that is... No. This will have to be dealt with."

Garath disappeared again, as he appeared in his previous location before sending a look to Dano that could cut diamonds.

"I'm going to speak with Morris, Dano. Do not move two far. I'm bringing that healing platform, so I suggest putting all the treasure, and yourselves on said platform. I'll be back soon."

(TO MORRIS!)

Fuzzball
2007-03-06, 06:32 PM
A priest greets Garath at the front doors and leads him inside with a little pleasant chatter about the weather. Morris is sitting in one of the studies reading as is usual to find him. He looks up with a kind smile, "I wasn't expecting you back this soon. What can I do for you?"

Wraithkin
2007-03-06, 07:06 PM
Dano looks at Garath, and frowns, knowing something would be amiss to have that kind of look at him. As he disappears, he reaches down and cradles Ashlee into his arms, hefting her off the ground gently. With a thought, pieces and parts of the treasure are moved from their spot onto the pedestal, inside the bowl-shaped covering. "I suggest you get yourself onto the platform before he gets back, as he will most likely be flying. Once inside, I'll craft you some harnesses so he can fly freely without harming you two." Focusing his mind on himself, he lifts himself and Ashlee over the edge and onto the pedestal. Setting her down gently, he stands back up and begins removing pieces and parts of items from behind his cloak.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-06, 07:53 PM
Confused by what Dano was saying to Ashlee, he pipes in as he steps in with everyone and everything else:

"Harnesses? I don't quite understand how we would need them, though by it simply being you that mentions it makes it obvious that it is indeed indisputable fact. Do you require any assistance?"

Taking one last look around the cave, he adds in one last thing:

"By the way, do we need to destroy this vile cavern? I ask in concern for the future safety of the village, considering how another possible threat may decide to make this place its home."

Gradius
2007-03-06, 08:12 PM
"Morris, my father was not in his lair. No servants either. Our party encountered the Green that did these vile things, and slew them, suffering casualties of our own. Upon returning to see my father, I discovered his horde unprotected. Merely the simple traps to stop those not of his blood. Do you have any idea why a dragon as ancient and powerful as Pcileron would be missing. I need a lead, Morris."

Gurthoron
2007-03-06, 10:00 PM
Ashlee

Ashlee was trying to cope with her new changes, and these others were being a little less than helpful. Hunkering down into a little ball seemed like the thing to do. Unfortunately such action triggered some sort of reaction in new muscle groups, and Ashlee found herself hooded by her wings in a sheltering fashion. She glares at the leathery structures for a moment, then begins trying to concentrate on those muscles she had felt tense and move. With a slow quaver one wing withdrew, followed by the second. She breathed out a sigh of relief, slouching down a bit.

The wings came back around her.

The others here some very un-ladylike cursing coming from the mound of green, which a talented linguist would recognize as being from Gnoll, Gith, Auran, and Sylvan. A few moments later the wings pulled back behind her, and Ashlee turns her head from side to side to glare at the wings, daring them to move. In her anger her tail had started swishing from side to side, and now her attention was focused on this movement. More new muscle groups were concentrated on, and beads of faintly green sweat came off Ashlee's brow. The only response to her concentration seemed to be a more rapid moving tail. Exasperated, she finally gives up and turns to the others with a frustrated growl. Noticing the snake man for the first time, she speaks up in Yuan-ti, "How do you keep your tail from spazzing out like this?" She waves behind her, not noticing that without her concentration the tail had ceased movement and was now just curled about her feet.

Wraithkin
2007-03-06, 10:03 PM
"We will leave that to Garath to handle. My energy is not sufficient to rip down this entire cavern right now, but he can. We merely need to prepare for fast and turbulant travel." With that, he leans down and grasps the materials he makes, and places them firmly against the wall of the enclosure and closes his eyes, focusing some more of his energy. Slowly, chains and leather, mix and intermingle, forming a cross-wiring brace with two leather harnesses attached to it. One is sized for Ashlee's new form, and the other is suited to fit Vyn perfectly. "Be ready to strap in when Garath gets back."

((It should be noted that Ashlee was picked up, moved, and set down inside the bowl of the dias, Gurth.))

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-06, 11:32 PM
Replying in the Yuan-Ti tongue:

"You speak the language of my people's greatest creations? By gads, this is an unusual development, at least in my mind. Nevertheless, to answer your question, it's always come naturally to me. Plus, since I'm not like about half of my kind <grumbles slightly: wherever they be>, them being essentially a giant tail from the waist and downwards, I can keep it wrapped around one of my legs to serve as a rest to tighten around should I become surprised and the like instead of flail about and only serve as a nuisance. The only thing I had to worry about for the first few years was learning how to make sure it didn't become too tight. Try it, I'm sure some form of wrapping yourself in...........well, yourself, will eventually become comfortable."

He then proceeds to demonstrate such, allowing his tail to, like he said, wrap around one of his legs. He keeps it there and goes into a deep mode of thought, contemplating why all of those languages were known to a mere human. An isolated one, nonetheless. Was it the transformation? Was there more than Draconic features that Ashlee has inherited because of it? Nevertheless, he would have to watch his tongue from now on as he was known to ramble on to himself, mixing languages in mid-speech, when all of the information said aloud was intended to be kept to himself. He had rarely encountered anyone fluent in even a quarter of the languages he was versed in, especially that of the Yuan-Ti, the ultimate servants of his people until they segmented as the Sarrukh became a shriveling minority in their own society.

Fuzzball
2007-03-07, 10:22 AM
Morris

Morris looks at Garath thoughtfully as he sets his book aside. "I suppose that, if the dragons were having some sort of internal dispute, then the oldest and strongest of them would get involved. I guess that doesn't explain the servants though." The old cleric seems to be thinking out loud. He ponders for a moment then casts a spell. He waits a few moments and casts another spell. "Hmmm. Seems multiple dragons are out today."

He pushes himself out of the chair and stands next to Garath. "Let's go see, shall we?" With that he touches his gold friend and Garath's mind reels.

Garath is sure that his body remains in the study, but as his head clears he finds himself looking over the valley of the king. The once lush valley appears burnt and mangled and dragon corpses of every color litter the ground. The most disturbing sight is to see the privious king pinned up over the entrance to the king's cave. All this can be seen from high over the land where his mind seems to be floating.

The sensation fades and Garath's mind retreats back to its rightful place. Morris sighs and sits back in his chair rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Wraithkin
2007-03-07, 01:14 PM
He also spins words in the snake-based tongue, and helps Ashlee into her harness. "As with all changes, things come in time with practice. Do not expect too much right away, lest you frustrate yourself needlessly. Meditation and a calm mind frequently enable you to maximize the benefit of practice, and with Pelor's help, you can obtain peace of soul. Do not worry, Ashlee. We are here for you." He looks up at her as he finishes the last tether to the harness, waiting to be connected to the cabled cross-connections in the dome. He stands and walks over to Vyn, handing him the harness of unique design. "Need any help with this? It's my own design, and I guarantee that it will not break no matter how trying the flight may be, but I know it may complicated to get into properly."

Gradius
2007-03-07, 01:19 PM
"So... Is that a vision of what will come to be, or the very appearance of my home? This is trying Morris. No mortal is strong enough to destroy that many of my brethren let alone his Majesty. Morris... What is going on."

Fuzzball
2007-03-07, 06:02 PM
It is rare to see, but Morris age is showing on his face, "It was a vision of what the valley looks like at this moment. I would have continued, but it is very taxing." He sighs, "My friends among the dragons of this plane are not responding, however, there are others. I cannot get involved in dragon politics, but I can ask others. I should rest and prepare before traveling. If you would like to join me, I will leave an hour after sunrise tomorow."

Morris picks up a book that had been sitting next to him and holds it out, "This is for Dano. Hopefully it will help him unravel his vision."

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-07, 09:44 PM
Examining the harness, he briefly looks quizzically between it and Dano before saying:

"Yes, please. I'm not entirely sure how I should do this most wisely."

Wraithkin
2007-03-07, 10:06 PM
Nodding, Dano takes the harness back and slides it around the serpentine form of Vyn. "See, this buckle goes here." He tugs on a strap, "and this one... loops around your shoulders and torso." He slides them around the man's shoulders and around his torso with a swift motion. "Make sure that this.." he loops it around Vyn's legs "Doesn't cut off circulation to your legs. It should be snug, but not constrictive." He loops it back up Vyn's spine and up to his shoulders again. "This snaps here, and you're set."

Dano steps back and and nods approvingly. "You should be set there. Got it all?"

Gradius
2007-03-07, 10:54 PM
"Morris, I would like to bring Dano with me. While under normal circumstances I would keep him away from dragon society, he has a part in this, as does Ashlee. Will you be willing to teleport to us so I can fly you where we need to go?"

Fuzzball
2007-03-08, 02:05 AM
Morris nods approvingly, "I see no problem with bringing any of your companions so long as they can be polite. However, I must do some things before leaving. I shall find you when I am ready to leave. Be ready in the morning."

Gradius
2007-03-08, 03:44 PM
Garath nodded and bowed, disappearing as he did so. He came to Dano once again, standing next to the platform.

"We'll camp here tonight. Dano, Morris is going to lead us someplace. Ashlee, how are you maintaining youself?"

Wraithkin
2007-03-08, 04:49 PM
Nodding, Dano sighs and his shoulders slump slightly. It had been a long day, and he welcomed the respite. "I can finish reinforcing this platform for travel, and then we can go." He moves over to the dome and begins eyeing it up to see how best to reinforce it.

Gurthoron
2007-03-09, 07:16 PM
Ashlee

Ashlee watches Vvaren's tail, then tries to mimick the action. After a rather swift lash with her tail gouged out a chunk of rock she gave up with a sigh. This was going to take a lot to get used to, and she decided to take Dano's advice and try to worry about it as little as possible. Her attention turned to her badly damaged clothing. The back was particularly tattered due to the growth of wings, tail, and an array of short spines. Ashlee realized with a blush that her hindquarters were probably very apparent, especially with her attempt to control her tail. She backs away from the others slightly to try and cut down their line of sight on her rear, "Err, Dano, I don't suppose that spell you use to create and mend items could be used to modify my clothing to something a bit more suitable?"

She jumped at the reappearance of the large demonic one. He may be good, but the half-fiend still made her nervous. Of course, now she was just as monstrous, just a little bit smaller. She bowed slightly in response to his question, "I've been better. I'm still not sure what to make of what has happened to me, and its going to take a lot of getting used to." She frowns slightly, replaying the demon-dragon's words in her mind.

"One moment. Morris. Are you speaking of the legendery Morris Culver, High Priest of Pelor? The head of my order?" Her mind raced. Morris was incredibly wise, incredibly powerful, and held the personal attentions of Pelor. Possibly the only person on this plane that could fix the strange form she had taken. This visit would be welcome.

Wraithkin
2007-03-09, 08:36 PM
"Yes, that Morris. Yes, he is indeed wise." He speaks as he walks over to Ashlee, not ashamed in the least of any lady-like parts he may or may not see. Guiding her by the arm over to an area behind the pedestal, away from prying eyes, he shakes his head and has a slightly disappointed look about him. "I'm sorry, but there's not enough fabric to work with here to repair to cover you. However... "

He reaches back to his storage and pulls out some stark white and gold fabric. "I'm sorry, but I must do this while it is draped on your body for it to fit properly. Worry not... it's nothing I haven't seen before."

After she is down to her scales, he holds the fabric over her body and focuses until the fabric forms around her body in a custom-fit and exquisitely made utilitarian battle robe. Across the shoulders, back and chest the large symbol of the sun god adorns the robes. The entire outfit is trimmed in gold and hinted in yellow. The entire outfit is flexible and feels quite durable. On her forearms rest a pair of polished copper form-fit bracers with the symbol of Pelor embossed on their surfaces. Between her shoulders sits a cloak of pure white and symboled of Pelor, a hood waiting to cover her newly-shaped head. On her feet a set of plain cloth boots are present.

"I hope this is to your liking... The cloak fastens to your belt should you need to fly, and the hood and cloak are large enough to cover your new form, should you feel the need. If you desire to have anything changed, let me know." He smiles, and reveals his true form to her, the black skin covering his body sloughing off revealing silver scales beneath. "You and I are not so different. Over seven hundred years ago, I too was human. If Morris cannot help you revert to your true form, if that's truly what you want, I can help you cope. You need only ask." The black skin forms around his body once again, his eyes turning the color of molten rock, and his form fading back to his human appearance. With that, he walks back to the others and begins preparing the area for sleep for the group.

Gradius
2007-03-09, 09:22 PM
"Dano, you're form was under a more... just circumstance was it not? Ashlee, take your time. The life as a being such as you are now, it is not usually happy. If you wish to leave us, I understand, but I doubt you will find better company than Dano and myself."

Garth looked into the gave and smiled as her took Zenkai into his hands.

"Ashlee, if you wish, I can destroy this cave. I will ensure that the tragedy that has come to you and my father will never again be repeated."

The weapon ate into the wall, tearing through it. He smiled as he pulled it out and put the scythe on his back, moving towards the platform. He had to get all this out of here now.

Gurthoron
2007-03-10, 12:03 AM
Ashlee

Ashlee looked over her new clothing with a mixture of thanks and apprehension. She wasn't accustomed to such finery. While a part of her felt a little guilty about such finery being used for her. Pelor's grace still flowed through her though, so she figured He was not opposed to the situation. As a diety the Shining One was always quite understanding.

"My form way be changed, but that is merely an annoyance. What worries me is what this change may have done to my mind. I don't know how this change may have affected my emotions, my feelings. The hormonal changes alone will be difficult to adjust to. I just ask that if I do something to make me fall from Pelor's grace, you are there to prevent me from harming the innocent. Destroy this cave if you desire. It does make for attractive quarters for a certain class of creature. Pity it could not be used for something else," she takes a last glance about the cavern then prepares herself for travel.

Wraithkin
2007-03-10, 08:35 PM
"Yes, Garath. My transformation was voluntary, and Bahamut himself graced me with my true form. And every day, I thank him for that in my daily prayers to Athena." Dano walks over to Ashlee and places a hand on her shoulder. "Do not worry, I'm sure Pelor is watching over you. He would not let one of his chosen fall under the sway of some evil force easily... especially now that he knows you have been targeted. And if something does happen? We are here to protect you... even if it's from yourself."

"Garath, I think it'd be best if you flew us to our home right away, and have Morris find us in the morning. I'm sure Ashlee would be most comfortable there, and once there, you can teleport back here and destroy this abomination of a natural feature. Then we can be done with this nightmarish chapter of our lives and move on." He pauses as he works on reinforcing the walls of the dome. "Garath, did Morris find that book I asked him to find?"

Gradius
2007-03-11, 12:07 AM
The demon dragon flicked a small book towards Dano. Well, it was small to him, at least. He prepared to pick up the platform.

"Hold on, this might seem incredible for those who have never experienced the joy of dragon's flight."

Wraithkin
2007-03-11, 12:17 AM
Latching Vyn and Ashlee to the rigging that has been assembled, he hops on top of Garath's shoulders, and grips with his legs in their typical fashion. It certainly wasn't the first time he'd flown on Garath's back.

Gradius
2007-03-11, 06:34 PM
Garath grasps the platform and holds it above his head, jumping and flying down the mountain, and towards the town. He places the platform down and smiles at his remaining comrades, before disappearing to destroy the cave.

Wraithkin
2007-03-11, 06:42 PM
While Garath is away, Dano pulls out the book Garath threw at him and pores over its contents, absorbing every page in its covers. "Hang tight, he shouldn't be long. Ashlee, I have a question for you... why was I not able to teleport to or near you?" He pauses in his reading and glances up at her before resuming his reading. He speaks as if it's a casual conversation and nothing more.

Gurthoron
2007-03-12, 01:16 AM
Ashlee

Ashlee ***** a head in curiousity. She vaguely remembered some sort of flight, and the rapid appearance and disappearance of both Dano and Garath. She had not realized that something had been interfering with them, "I don't believe I had anything to do with it. I don't recall being coerced into casting some sort of spell. Plus, I rarely beseech Pelor for the ability to interfere with travel spells. The only spells I recall casting are some healing spells and the sunbeam that disintegrated your vampiric friend."

Ashlee pauses as she realizes what she just said, and her face goes white, "I'm sorry. I . . I couldn't help it. All my mind was thinking was to help those hell-bound drakes. Attacking the vampire instead of one of the others was difficult enough to manage. Was he able to survive somehow? I know how good vampires are at escaping to fight another day."

Wraithkin
2007-03-12, 08:07 AM
Dano looks Ashlee and his features drop slightly. "I'm sorry, no. He wasn't able to escape. He is lost now. But, more than likely for the better... Whether he was good or not doesn't negate that he was a vampire. It couldn't have been a life that was easy or without regret." He longed to try to help her with everything that was going on, help take her confusion away. But he couldn't. So he resigned himself to simply watch as she had to go through this ordeal.

"Let us not worry or assign blame while you were under the influence of the green dragons." He spits the last two words as if they pained him to say. "Let's just concern ourselves with getting you to Morris and getting you taken care of."

So is she now a white dragon? Because, frankly... I don't know how her scales can go white. lol

Gradius
2007-03-12, 01:52 PM
Arriving at the cave, Garath reveals his Zenkai and grips it tightly.he raises it with his right hand and twirls it around at an increasingly rapid motion.

"Son of Pcileron, gold scale demon of the material plane. I am Garath. Zenkai lend me your aid, dispatch this evil from the world and bring it all to ruin."

His arm came down, shaving through the stone, as he began his work, his wings out stretched.

(Adamantine Scythe. Hardness 400. Str: 50. Meet a 10 hardness stone wall. Damn this would be badass to see.)

Fuzzball
2007-03-12, 05:24 PM
The cave collapses easily under Garath's might. When he's finished it would be difficult to tell there had ever been a cave there. It appears as a mear rockslide.

Gradius
2007-03-12, 07:43 PM
Garath uses Zenkai to carve the phrase "Rest Easy" in draconic. He then teleports back to the town with a sigh.

Fuzzball
2007-03-14, 02:25 PM
The flight home (Dano and Garath live in a library with a bunch of Pelorites) takes several hours and the group arrives shortly before sunset. As Garath sets the pedastal down and allows everyone to dismount a man walks out of the swamp...at least you thought it was a man. As he approaches the group can see that his form is morphing and changing constantly. Everyone's heads swim as it feels as though someone is playing with your minds. The humanoid, who now looks like a bizarre cross between an owlbear, a gnoll, and an orc laughs and then disappears.

Gradius
2007-03-14, 05:53 PM
The Zenkai is already out and prepared for striking as the man disappears. Garath looks around wildly, trying to see what the yell just happened.

"Damn arcanics...Where the hell did he go, and why was he here! Dano, search around, we cannot lose something like that in this territory. Ashlee, Scum, stay on the pedestal, and keep wary eye. I will rise and look for this thing from an increased vantage point."

Massive wings sprawl out as Garath prepares once again for take flight, this time leaving Dano behind.

Wraithkin
2007-03-14, 06:53 PM
Nodding, he takes to the sky and begins scanning the area in a quick and expansive search pattern, making it mathematically impossible to hide from his patterned search. "Garath, that was Erythnul, god of the Slaughter. I don't think we are going to find him anywhere. We will be best served to head into the tower and speak with one of the high priests about it."

Fuzzball
2007-03-15, 12:15 PM
The search yields nothing but swamp, a catoblepas, swamp, a tower, and more swamp as the area is quite secluded. The clerics welcome the group and find lodgings for Vyn and Ashlee. They don't seem bothered by Ashlee's strange appearance, but anyone paying attention will notice that Vyn is being watched fairly closely.

You are informed that Morris has gone and no one knows when he will return. Two of the older priests are happy to sit and talk with you, but they seem to think you might have been hallucinating. They can't think of any reason the god of slaughter would visit anyone and leave them alive.

The younger priests are interrested in chatting with Ashlee though one or two desire a discussion with Vyn about the mechanics of arcane magic. Everyone is welcome to join the community meal, but Ashlee does not join in as she has become thoroughly distracted by the large quantity of books.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-15, 01:13 PM
Vyn

Attempting to respect arcane/divine magic cultural barriers without provoking too much interest (them to arcane, his own curiousity to divine), he does his best to not let it go beyond a little small talk, always fearful of becoming in a more unfavourable position with the authority figures. Other than that, he attempts to be as mundane as possible so as to not arouse attention to himself.

Afterwards, when the meal has settled down, he politely excuses himself and goes to join Ashlee in study, hoping to at least gain a greater philosophical understanding of what things have changed into since his time, if nothing else. But before actually so much as touching any books, he asks permission to do so and if he is indeed allowed, he proceeds before eventually putting the book(s) back and preparing his own magic for the mystery ahead.

Gurthoron
2007-03-15, 02:31 PM
Ashlee

Ashlee blinks for several seconds as the strange thing disappears. She taps the side of her head. Noting the others reactions, she breaths out a sigh of relief that seeing Erythnul was not a byproduct of her changed nature, and was merely that they had actually seen Erythnul.

Upon further contemplaton she decided this wasn't exactly reassuring either.

After waiting a few more moments and not being pummelled to death by the God of Slaughter, Ashlee decided heading into the church would be a good thing to do. Fortunately her appearance caused little stir, which reassured Ashlee somewhat about her ability to live a semi-normal life. After conversing with the younger priests for a while she learned of the library, and set off to see what she could discover about her changed nature. Several hours later Vyn finds her sitting at a table with a pile of books about dragons.

Wraithkin
2007-03-15, 08:57 PM
Dano also makes his way to the study, his own tome in tow. He walks without looking around, and he flits up to the top of one of the bookshelves and perches himself quietly. Something didn't make sense about the tower. It was a location he needed to find. He had two pieces of the puzzle, and he thinks he knows the third was connected to the two. Silently he closes the book and places it back underneath his cloak, stalking back and forth like a predatory cat atop the book case.

He knows the book cover to cover, every little detail, every little foot note, every dimension. He reaches back and withdraws one of the emeralds he had taken. His finger traced the runes like the were his own scales; he knew every little detail about them. The angle of the facets, the grade of the stone, the opacity of the color. He didn't bother looking at it, and when he reached the end of the bookcase, he absentmindedly continued walking out into thin air. Spinning on his heel, he walks back and his feet connect with the supple wood of the shelves.

Words crawl from his tongue in all sorts of languages. Many are long-dead by over a thousand years, others more glutteral and recent. Whatever the words, you can tell they are not kind or happy. He's brooding over something, but you can't tell what.

Stopping, he looks down at Vyn and his eyes narrow from behind his sunglasses. He didn't know him, he didn't trust him, and he wasn't sure if the man would try to abuse the situation. But he was in his home, and he hoped Vyn would have enough common sense to recognize that. "Vyn. Tell me what you know about this." He tosses the emerald to the man, and a few feet from him it is caught by an unseen force, holding it in front of lizard-like man.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-16, 08:33 PM
Vyn looks over the emerald carefully, mustering as much of his knowledge of arcane inner-workings for the task. Finally, he sums up the following:

"As far as I can tell, this allows for the control of a subject for a yet-to-be-determined amount of time but I would presume only approximately long enough for the next part of my explanation which is that if this were attached to said subject, a transformation would take place, regretfully proven by Ashlee's captors. The change would be based on the qualities of an individual, obviously in this case it being the dragon we killed."

He stops for a minute to look at the emerald once more for another minute.

"I'm not sure if it could be based on non-draconic beings, but I feel strongly that it could be re-set to another draconic being in which case would require relatively little effort, though why one would do that I have no contemplation as to it. Furthermore, if during the transformation of the subject, the earlier-mentioned controlling effect did not expire, then a virtual sense of absolute control would be established. I don't know who or what would be the reigning master of the victim, afterwards. The effects seem to be irreversable by mortal means and I haven't a clue as to how such an immensely powerful item could have been created in the first place. We seem to be merely lucky that the last intended effect of this accursed thing was unable to take place."

He finishes his last sentence angrily as he stands up and "hands" it back to Dano, practically forcing it into his grasp. He then becomes flustered with the ordeal and starts walking off aimlessly, muttering to himself in a mixture of languages again, repeating his quirk of saying bits of pieces of his sentences in one language before quickly moving to another, making practically no coherent sense, not being able to finish even one sentence without four or five different languages mixed in. Anyone closely listening to him, though, are able to catch a few of the things he says, should they understand any of the languages he rambles on in: "the decency", "even Dradrost", and "why is it".

Wraithkin
2007-03-16, 09:36 PM
Dano's eyes frown at the information, confusion filtering in. Why would A stone that is used to control someone have any involvement in that? Bringing the stone back to him, it comes to a rest in his hand and he begins running his fingers on it, memorizing everything Vyn had just told him. He could only surmise that the process that was involved was leading towards a massing of subservient... He had to find Garath. "Thank you." He flies down to the ground and trots out the door, in search of his large friend.

Gradius
2007-03-16, 10:49 PM
Garath has come to take to the ground, making him a fairly easy target to find. He hasn't heard anything of the wizard's words, not that he'd care to do so anyways.

"This does not bode well. For all that I have lived, things such as this have never occurred. I fear for the Golden King, Dano."

Wraithkin
2007-03-16, 11:29 PM
"Why do you say that? Are the chromatic dragons so arrogant that they think they can amass an army without the metallics noticing?"

Gradius
2007-03-17, 03:53 AM
"The valley to the King is littered with Dragon Blood. The home of my father is without a soul, his horde guarded by my blood alone. These days of dragons seem to be ending too quickly for my tastes... Dano..."

Wraithkin
2007-03-17, 08:50 AM
"Could the chromatics be trying a power play and upset the balance? Could Tiamat be behind this? From what you know about the chromatics, do you think they would try something like this?"

Gradius
2007-03-17, 08:54 AM
"The Metallics have also proven to be stronger than the Chromatics. Even perverse beings such as I can handle their stronger members. Naye, this is more than that. To defeat my Father on combat, you would require nonmagical strength that makes my own physical strength look like that of Ashlee's former."

Wraithkin
2007-03-17, 08:59 AM
"Could these transformed versions of creatures be a method to balance the scales with numbers over raw power? From what Vyn has said, the victims of this experimentation are completely subservient to those who created them. And what do you mean to defeat your father... was there evidence your father was defeated?"

Gradius
2007-03-17, 09:03 AM
"In the years of my training in order to control my power, Pcileron never left his lair. There were always two servants protecting his horde. These two could not leave for they did not posses the blood of the Clan. I was attended to by at least a dozen, even though I was a mutation from golden light. Explain. Why are they gone, Dano? If Pcileron was forced into battle, hell could very well rise from it all."

Wraithkin
2007-03-17, 09:31 AM
"Then I guess we need to discover the meaning to my puzzle and try to stop this action on behalf of the chromatics. I will definitely need to speak with Morris on this."

Gradius
2007-03-17, 09:56 AM
"Dano, I feel that the Underdark is a likely source of our troubles. You will likely find your next puzzle piece there. There is supposed to be some goings down there, and I intend to find out exactly what those goings are. Any key to my Father's state cannot be overlooked."

Wraithkin
2007-03-17, 12:15 PM
Nodding, he looks at his big friend. "If that's where Morris advises we go next, then that's where we'll go."

Fuzzball
2007-03-17, 08:11 PM
The night passes quietly as does the early morning. As promised Morris appears to Garath an hour after sunrise. "Who is going and are you all ready?"

(Sorry if your conversation wasn't over....it sounded like it was...)

Gradius
2007-03-18, 01:31 PM
"Their names are friend Dano, victim Aslee, and scum Vyn. I am going as well of course, but Morris. I am deeply troubled by what I saw in the Underdark. Alone, I could destroy a great deal of everything there, but I'd need support to recover, besides the balance of what is right an wrong cannot suffer such a punishment. Of this I know. Have you any idea the condition of Pcileron, or of the Dragon King? If they were to fall, I am deeply afraid of what lies in wait."

Fuzzball
2007-03-18, 05:41 PM
Morris looks at Garath somberly, "I won't lie to you. It looks bad for all dragon-kind...which is why we should be on our way. Let's go find the others." As the two walk Morris continues, "I don't know that the Underdark is the place to continue. I can't see a connection. Perhaps you should wait to see if you are led there again."

(I'm just going to assume everyone is found...you may post if you have anything to say before the group leaves...)

Gurthoron
2007-03-18, 07:15 PM
Ashlee

The following morning one of the acolytes finds Ashlee asleep at the same library table, her research into her new form strewn about. Unfortunately it hadn't come to much. The closest she could figure out was that she artificially granted many of the abilities of half dragons, but with a few modifications. The wings was an obvious one, as most half-dragons' wings were unusable when they were her size. She had yet to test her draconic breath, but based off a memoir written by a half-Gold cleric Ashlee believed she could sustain it far better.

She had come across an interesting entry regarding one of their other comrades. The Dragonborn, an artificially created people blessed by Bahamut, their description suspiciously matching that of her comrade Dano. Perhaps her new change was a similar measure by Tiamat. At least she seemed to have retained her free will throughout the change.

She followed the acolyte to the Sunlit Halls, a long hall designed for morning service. There she joined her fellow priests in prayer, led alternately by the local priest and the visiting Morris. After morning devotions Ashlee cleaned herself quickly then headed for the chamber the group was meeting. She gave perfunctory nods to Dano, Vyn, and Garath before bowing before Morris, "It is an honor to be in your prescence, High Priest." She stands and backs away, feeling rather meek while around the blessed cleric.

Gradius
2007-03-18, 07:43 PM
"Ashlee, I don't think I've met someone so nervous around Morris in six hundred years. Since then, he's had a bit of an attitude change around the priest. In any case, this is an event which will tear through all dragons, be they pure, half, or even fake. This is why I wished for Dano to come, as well as you, young Ashlee. I know you seek return to your natural state, but at the moment, you seem draconic."

Wraithkin
2007-03-18, 10:49 PM
Dano greets the others, nodding in turn and giving Garath a pat on his ... leg as his shoulder is out of reach. "I trust by all dragon-kin you refer to the species, not just the color, correct?"

Gurthoron
2007-03-19, 10:05 PM
Ashlee

"Whether I am dragon-kin or not is immaterial. Something wrong is happening, and it will adversely affect innocent people. That is sufficient for me to get involved. What is our next move?"

Fuzzball
2007-03-19, 10:25 PM
Morris smiles at Ashlee's manners and chuckles at Garath's comment, "The respect is appreciated, but the bowing is unneccesary. As for which draconics are in danger, that is what we are going to find out." He smiles as Ashlee states her position obviously pleased. "We will be on our way as soon as your other companion joins us."

Gradius
2007-03-19, 11:14 PM
"We can't simply leave the wizard behind, can we? Morris, that green was acting strange for any kind of dragon. What dragon take humans or wolves and gives them the ability to rise in the world as a dragon spawn. The wolf seemed to be dragon-like, but it's stamina was poor. Ashlee looks to be half dragon, but I doubt she possess the power that my draconic heritage grants. Do you have any idea what this could mean for the Dragon community?"

Fuzzball
2007-03-20, 02:49 PM
Morris shakes his head slightly, "The future is unclear in this matter which is why..." Vyn enters. "Ah, let's go." Morris speaks a few words in Celestial. The room blurs and is slowly transformed.

Above the group an enormous peak rises into the sky and below the base of the mountain extends into a shimmering sea, but that is merely the landscape. Your attention is split between two sights. To one side a palace glitters in the light cast down from the mountain. Spread along the shore beyond your line of sight in either direction is an encampment of dragon-kind of all colors, though mostly the shiny kind...

Morris pays no heed to the dragons and heads for the structure calling back for those that have become distracted that you are expected and should be on your way. At the entrance you are greeted by a large Brass dragon who bows curtiously to Morris and directs you to follow. She leads you through halls that make any wealth you've seen before look like a beggar's trappings. Along the way there are many dragons who pause the look over the group and then return to whatever they were doing. The group is led to a courtyard where a man with stark white hair and wearing silver robes is playing with a small group of wyrmlings. There are several canaries perched conspicuously around...seven to be exact.

The man leaves the small dragons in a squirming pile. He looks over the goup with piercing blue eyes. Morris places an item on the ground and removes the spell keeping its size reduced. It grows into a crystal statue of a dragon approximately 10 ft high. The man waves his hand with a smile and the statue floats up to the roof.

"Oh Morris, I had hoped we had gotten past the need to bring gifts when you visit, and you should come more often, not just when the world is in danger."

The two men chat for a bit, and it seems they are trying to communicate something without actually saying it.

Gradius
2007-03-20, 03:46 PM
Garath's fist hit the floor with a crash, as he seemed to be bent over. While this form was fully possible of being a quadruped, he seemed to be hunched as though bowing. Garath remained silent, not making a sound as his eyes closed.

Wraithkin
2007-03-20, 11:22 PM
Dano looks at the man in silver robes with a face of respect and partial regret, kneeling as he does. His eyes close, and his head bows, knowing that while this may not be the man he follows now, he once followed him to the ends of the planet and would still do so in the name of the good of dragonkind. Righting himself, he noticed the exchange between Morris and the man in silver, noting how they seemed to be on a first-name basis. This made Dano wonder truly how involved the elder man was.

Stashing it to the back of his mind for pondering later, he walks to Garath and puts his hand on the large being's shoulder. No words are exchanged, merely the touch, and with it a deeply shared connection is brought forward to the others making the question why the two would work together completely moot.

Gurthoron
2007-03-21, 01:37 PM
Ashlee

Ashlee is struck speechless by the words running through her head. All she can manage is a thought. She trys to bow deeply to Bahamut, in her awe forgetting for a moment the changes to her physiology. As she dips forwards her wings spring up, and the sudden change in balance causes her to tip over and fall. Ashlee is up in an instant, face downcast and cheeks a deep brown in embarrassment. Her self-conciousness was not being helped by her madly thrashing tail, although that seemed to be attracting the attention of the wyrmling pile.

MechaKingGhidra
2007-03-21, 04:48 PM
As Vyn mentally gives a reluctant but respectful greeting, knowing he would hear it without the need for verbal words to make the atmosphere more awkward. He bows down as he does so and then adds a little note: "I'm surprised you're tolerating my presence, even though admittedly my kind has likely not bothered you for quite some time. I wouldn't fully know, though, due to a thousand-year slumber on my behalf."

Fuzzball
2007-03-22, 01:54 AM
Two very small dragons, a red and a brass, latch onto Ashlee's tail. They can't hurt her and appear to enjoy being flung back and forth. A larger gold pounces and the weight is finally enough to pin the tail to the ground. Bahamut shoos them away and places an arm around Ashlee with a chuckle. "When we're finished here I will send someone with you to help you with that balance problem."

Bahamut continues to converse with Vyn, even as he is speaking to Ashlee. It must have been quite a while longer than that. I do not recall seeing one of your kind in the last 50,000 years...though the Sarrukh may simply be biding their time in hiding. I am pleased to see you. There are few who remember the days before my not so better half and I parted ways.

Bahamut walks over to Dano and places a hand on his forehead. The vision from Athena passes before the eyes of both before the dragon god pulls away. He nods and rubs his chin thoughtfully, "I agree with the analysis. Your next clue is the halfling. Her name is Wren and you'll find her in Iejir."

His smile fades slightly as the pleasantries seem to have ended. "Time to address the reason you have come. The king of the dragons has been killed and his soul has become a part of this kingdom. It is a powerful red who has done this and is also responsible for the creation of beings like Ashlee. He has taken the free will of many dragons of all colors and even Tiamat has denounced him. The gathering of dragons beyond my walls prepares to attempt his overthrow, and we await the return of one of my faithful to lead the assault."

Gradius
2007-03-22, 02:06 AM
"A red... What... what mockery is this that a simple red could overthrow our leader..."

Garath seems driven by shok, his body shaking violently, as one would almost swaer a red glow took his eyes as his fist delved a little deeper into the stone.

Gurthoron
2007-03-22, 02:21 AM
Ashlee

Ashlee gives the dragon god a shy smile and nod of thanks, then sits down and tussles playfully with the wyrmlings. Her attention, however, remains rooted on the conversation, "Obviously not so simple a red. What can we do to help?"

Fuzzball
2007-03-22, 10:21 AM
"I will call when the time comes." Bahamut places a hand on Garath. "Is there anything else that I can do for you, my friends?"

Gradius
2007-03-22, 01:49 PM
"I bear no request upon you, my master Bahamut. I will come when you raise the call, expect no less from me. I must... I must find the thing that could even attempt to control my father. Such an act, is beyond the comprhension of my mind. To kill Pcileron seems impossible, but to control him? I cannot imagine how this happened..."

Wraithkin
2007-03-22, 11:26 PM
Dano looks down for a moment, then back up in his true form... with the black oil-like skin covering the scales of silver that is his flesh. His solid black eyes meet the Dragon God's dead on, unwavering but deeply sorrowful and concerned. "Only that we be able to contact you in the future, my lord. I am sure that due to your overwhelming greatness, our minds are slightly befuddled and distracted. I know that with time questions may arise, and when those questions do, I would like to ask them of you."

Fuzzball
2007-03-23, 06:54 AM
Bahamut nods, "Yes of course. I hear all prayers sent my way, and I will keep an ear out for yours." He embraces Dano then heads for the door to look down at a halfling with copper colored skin. "Go with them for a time and help the young one with her balance issues." The halfling bows. Bahamut waves at Morris, "You are welcome guests in my home. Do not fear to visit me again." As he leaves the wyrmlings form a bounding line behind him.

Wraithkin
2007-03-23, 12:01 PM
Dano's eyes flare red as his rage finally takes hold of him from the information pulled from the Dragon God. With the peaceful presence of Bahamut now being gone, he lets the darkness in his being to slip out. "Garath. We are going to find this red dragon and kill him." His voice is a quiet whisper, but lethal in its tone. His fists are clenched and his jaw muscles ripple from anger. "No dragon, especially a spawn of Tiamat, will live outside the rules governing dragons. He will pay for his indiscretion, and he will know no rest, for I will curse his soul and demand the gods of death torment him in the afterlife."

"Athena and Bahamut, I ask that you grant me the opportunity to make this oath fulfilled. Please ask Hades to prepare a special place in his hell for this creature, for he will be arriving soon enough. Please grant me the strength to smite this enemy of all life, dragonkind and mundane mortals. Please protect my friends should we be fortunate to find this beast, and grant Garath the power to walk beside me through the darkness I am sure to meet along the way."

Never before has Garath heard him speak of these things. Never before has he seen him seeth with this rage. And now, for the first time, his friends know the darkness that rests in Dano's heart, held in check by the grace of his god. Retribution would be his, and it would be by his hand that he would deliver it.

Gradius
2007-03-24, 09:12 AM
"Dano... Such words are not yours. You who have not lived the life of a true dragon. Both you are Ashlee are perverse creations thrust into the higher realm. Even I cannot speak such words. To do such a thing would claim that I too was as great as a true dragon. However... I would like to say such words. Just as we spoke before, do you not recall?"

Garath's form rose off the ground standing tall, and showing just how large he truly was. He was always large, but now, his form was radiating with rage, a chunk of the ground stone he has grabbed was falling from his hand as his great might crushed it to pebbles.

"You said..."So what do we do for these people? How can we teach them to fight the battle against something which they cannot see or hear?" Did you not? And do you remember what I told you, Dano? I do. I told you a goblin can crush a Dragon if he works hard enough. We're moving out. Morris, please take us back. I'm going to sever that bastard's head myself and grant it to the horde of Pcileron."

Fuzzball
2007-03-24, 05:21 PM
Morris nods and with a few words you are all standing once again in the library.

Wraithkin
2007-03-26, 11:55 AM
"Garath, I believe the halfling friend of Morris' is the next best place to go. I believe she is the next key to finding the red. She holds the tower, do you not remember?" Turning, he looks to Morris. "Can you take us to her?"

Fuzzball
2007-03-26, 05:58 PM
Morris laughs, "I don't think so. You're on your own there. We had a...falling out several years ago. She has a very long memory, and if she is still angry, I don't want to be within 100 miles of her. I would suggest going to Iejir and just asking around."

Gradius
2007-03-29, 02:16 PM
"Whatever the case, we need to head out. Now."

Garath walked back to the platform and looked at the treasures.

"First off, let's look at this gear."

Gurthoron
2007-04-01, 01:53 PM
Ashlee

Ashlee turned to the copper-ish halfling that had come with them, "So Bahamut sent you to help me with my balance so I don't compeletly embarass myself yet again? Your lord is a most gracious god. While they are analyzing their new toys would you mind giving me some pointers?"

Fuzzball
2007-04-01, 05:05 PM
"He is indeed. Let's go outside." The halfling begins by giving pointers and excersizes to help Ashlee gain control of her muscles. He also begins instructing her on flying.

Wraithkin
2007-04-03, 12:02 PM
Dano shrugs at the items. "The only things of true importance are these emeralds, as they are the key to the next step of our investigation, though you have seen the various items fit for dragons of your stature. I suggest we bring these with us and discover their purpose once we are in Irthos and my three friends are scouring the city for our next contact. I don't know if the platform still works, but that's something Morris and his fellow Pelorites can attempt to discern. It's not like we can take it with us." He shrugs and turns to look at Garath. "We should go as soon as Ashlee is ready."

Looking down he sighs, hoping he doesn't have to do what he fears must be done to complete the mystery.