PDA

View Full Version : Sources and Dragons (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fuzzball
2006-11-10, 12:32 PM
The capitol of Pitra is Mank, a good-sized city surrounding a castle. This is where king Gent requested each of you come today. Any who arrived early were offered room and board. For those staying at the castle a page comes to bring you to the meeting. For any arriving today, a page is summoned to the door to lead you. You are led to a huge meeting room. There are chairs around the edge of the room, but no table. Elegant tapestries adorn the walls and the room is lit by magical orbs floating near the ceiling.

Gradius
2006-11-10, 01:01 PM
Garath was a giant among any as he walked with the page. He was a massive tank of a man, that did not seem to have any care for the town. He was a massive scaled thing, shining in what would look like a fabulous golden armor. Theses scales covered him from head to toe, with cloth leggings and a tough skin armor with horns as added protection. Twin golden wings came from his back, and tey were folded to his sides, keeping them out of the way, and making him a slightly less hindering force. He had a massive scythe thrown across his back, as it hardly moved an inch from even his movements. golden eyes glared at the doors, as the fiend among men walked through the halls. He had wanted to simply get some good food, and a slight briefing, but there was little he could do about it now...

"Here I am, now let's get to business. I don't have the time to be wasting with silly formalities. Gent wants us to help him out, so just tell what in all the hells he needs. I have plenty of better things to do than wait around for him."

Fuzzball
2006-11-10, 01:14 PM
The page bows slightly to Garath and looks into the large meeting hall, "The others will be here shortly." He walks away briskly.

Hario
2006-11-10, 01:46 PM
A Human In white clothing head to toe, walks in, he clothing is tattered in a few areas but he doesn't seem care, He has a longsword in a hilt to his side. His eyes are Blue with a golden hue he has golden brown hair which flows down to his shoulders. He wears not armor and the only visible peice of equiptment he has is his clothing and weapon. He sits in a far corner with his back to the Wall. "Hello, and I honor your invitation, I am Warden Gyugen the third, I am but a wellwisher of the people, I hope this meeting will be for helping people. I have travelled to farest reaches of the world in helping any person in need." (Have me roll a bluff check on the name if you want though I do expect it will pass) "Page, if you could bring me something to drink that would be very delightful I have been travelling with Vvaren for some time and my throat is parched." (again another bluff check if needed)

Fuzzball
2006-11-10, 02:06 PM
(No worries about the bluff.)

The page bows and eyes Garath curiously before leaving.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-10, 02:11 PM
Fairly odd-looking, considering he was unrecognized as any known being, Vyn Ssevisk, a serpentine being except for that of limbs and no tail to be seen, he was a fairly dark grey, standing about as tall as the largest human, but with deep-red eyes that pierced the soul of many of the scaly races, though they did not know why but some only assumed it was really his teeth, looking very sharp for an apparently civil being. His walk was fairly graceful but firm, taking his time, interested in the decor. While he silently followed the page that led him to the room with the seemingly apparent monstrosity, his scythe ever-so-loosely jangled from his shoulders, making a light rumple sound as it lightly whapped against his clothes, looking to be prepared for an occasion of travel.

Upon stopping moderately spaced away from the other being in the room, Vyn simply stood and stared off into an unforseen distance, waiting upon insructions.

Gradius
2006-11-10, 02:48 PM
"Dono is late again. I was sure he would have been here before me... It doesn't really matter. You two, I am Garath De'Flagga, son of the Golden Scale Pcileron. I believe you small ones like to introduce before anything else? I'm tired of waiting for Dono, so I might as well talk with the two of you."

His vioce held no anger, or any real emotion at all. He was merely bored, and these two might interest him until his companian arived. That was all he could expect from them.

Tajdi
2006-11-10, 03:16 PM
The robe trailed across the floor as the figure bowed down to the page and allowed himself to be led. He had a rather uneventful trip towards the civilization, but he was still curious as to why he was summoned to such a magnificent city. He was more suited to the open wilderness and being this far into the world of man, unnerved him, but not to any great point. His golden eyes glanced around the halls as he silently followed the page. Pulling back his dark green hood, his equally colored hair remained firm, tied in an ornate design. A simple staff across his back, and two backpacks were all else he had, with the slightly more worn of the two containers, open with several simple, wooden sticks sticking out.

Kaliand'r was eventually led to a meeting room, where he turned from the page and gazed out to the inhabitants. From the sudden silence, and though he had not actually heard anything before, it was almsot as if words had already been exchanged. His eye raising to make sense of what he saw. A human, from what it looked like...but the other two were unknown to him, and he watched them wearily, as he took to one of the seats closest to the door. His eyes passed over the golden behemoth and the disturbing serpentine creature and then back again. Still in cautious silence, he moves his hand towards one of the wooden sticks and draws the foot long length of wood and lets it rest in his lap. His companion waiting patiently outside the walls of the building, Kaliand'r sighed and turned back to the enclosed room.

His eyes passed quickly over the reptilian figure and lingered off the human for a moment more, before resting back on the oddly adorned golden...demon? For lack of a better word, he would have guessed that or a dragon, though he had not seen either, only in lore. It did not seem to exude malevelonce, simply a dissassociated air, which caused Kalisand'r to not assume he was in too great of a danger, at least without some warning. His own golden brown eyes met the creature's own eyes of radiant gold before shifting to the creature's wings and lingering longer. He was still curious as to its nature...but he wagered the figure did not answer questions so readily.

Gradius
2006-11-10, 06:07 PM
Garath's golden iris stared at that of the smaller... thing. The golden monster spoke once again, with a bit more distaste in his voice. Maybe this one would interest him?

"Does the little one over there have something to say? Or are you too far in your facination?"

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-10, 06:42 PM
Still watching nothing in particular as dispassionately as before, Vyn finally spoke: "It seems humans have not evolved since last I truly saw of them. Pity."

With that, he falls silent, with his head downwards in a face of just barely recognizable disappointment replacing his earlier state of being.

Tajdi
2006-11-10, 07:06 PM
Kaliand'r brought his eyes back and looked at the creature. It had spoke, and with it still facing his direction, he assumed it had been addressed to him. The tone of voice was not one he had heard in a while, and was not one of a welcoming memory. He decided how to respond, though before he did, the reptilian figure spoke. Raising his brow again, Kaliand'r gazed at the human sitting on the opposite wall. It had obviously been addressed to the man, though he seemed no worse for the insult, if that was what it was. Kaliand'r ignored the figure and turned back to the golden creature again.

His voice was light in pitch, though deep in breath.

"It is not fascination, by which I examine your form, simply curiosity. I have come across nothing that resembles your ilk, though I would guess at a heritage of lore."

The creature raised his brow again and turned his head from the golden beast.

Hario
2006-11-10, 11:35 PM
He begins in a mellow tone and speaks with his eyes closed: "I certainly hope you mean the one with the red eyes over there, otherwise I'd hope you'd explain yourself, you shouldn't belittle a race in its own court, I am not from here but you have insulted not only I but thousands of people who reside here. Humans have equal enough potential for good and for evil, insults only spur from the tongues of demons, show respect and acquit or hallow. I am here to help people, not listen to rife."
He slumps in his chair and calms down.

Knight13
2006-11-10, 11:44 PM
Another page enters the room, with yet another strange creature trailing behind him. In some ways, this one is even more strange then Garath. At first glance it resembles a bipedal praying mantis. Its body is roughly humanoid in shape, except that it has four arms instead of the usual two, colored a dull tan and most of it is covered in chitin. Oddly, the chitinous plating forms a scale pattern in most places. The creature's head is obviously insectoid, with two bulging compound eyes, mandibles and a pair of antennae. However, a large horn formed from chitin juts up between its antennae and the inner edges of its mandibles are lined with teeth. The creature also has wings. Unlike Garath's huge majestic ones, the creature's are stunted, deformed and obviously incapable of lifting it off the ground. They rustle and flex slightly as the mutant insect looks around the room.

The creature is wearing almost nothing in the way of clothing, just a wide leather belt with ironwood studs, a pair of black leather gloves that leave its clawed fingers bare, leather shin guards and a torso harness formed from leather strips. However, what the creature lacks in clothing, it more then makes up for in weaponry. A strange polearm with a large blade at each end is slung across its back and a bastard sword is sheathed on either side of its waist. A small pearl hangs around its neck on a leather thong and a small pack hangs from the back of its harness.

The creature's gaze sweeps the room and stops when it reaches Garath. The creature starts and tiny electric arcs flicker across its body. It says, in an oddly buzzing voice, "You...you are like me, part dragon....but you are not Thri-Kreen."

Wraithkin
2006-11-11, 12:28 AM
Dano

The air behind the large dragon-looking brute of a beast bends and distorts, as if heat from below is causing it to ripple. Soon, it buckles in on itself and a figure walks through, the rippling air seeming to melt off his form and leaving dropplets trailing behind him of evaporating astral matter. The figure is dressed in simple clothing more fitting that of a monk; a trim silk shirt that hugs his lithe and well-muscled form just loosely enough to not be considered flaunting, a sash adorns his waist, wrapped around the top of a set of billowing silk breeches. Draping from the sash, as well as an overshirt to his silken blouse, are a set of plain battlerobes that are adorned with a simple yet elegant symbol of Athena. His feet are covered in supple but sturdy leather boots, looking to be designed more for comfort than durability.

The man himself looks to be of very plain appearance. His short-cut brown hair looks more militaristic than anything else, with a set of sunglasses perched upon his nose. His bone structure is deceivingly delicate-looking, with a strong jawline and thin lips. His nose and eyes appear to be perfectly proportioned to his face, and his eyes glimmer with knowledge of times past.

Clicking his tongue at his friend as the words are exchanged, he somewhat laughs at the situation. "I thought we had a conversation about this kind of stuff, Garath." Looking at the others from behind the sunlenses, memorizing their features, he nods to each in turn. "A greetings and pleasure to make your acquaintances. I am Dano. I trust that we are not going to be kept very long?"

"By the gods, why do we have to have bickering everywhere we go? It comes from his father's side, I'm sure."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ooc: It's Dano, not Dono.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-11, 12:43 AM
Still somewhat dissappointed in his expectations, Vyn replies to the human:

"While it is typical to jump to the conclusion that what I had said was an insult, I can most readily assure you that it was certainly not an attempt do so. I come from a far different type of life, despite it having taken place in this world in a time long since past, farther back in time than the span of several generations of the eldest elves. Your kind, while still readily to be an apparent collection resilient defenders of justice, barbaric scavengers, and almost everything inbetween as was relatively the same during the earlier part of my life, have not any significant changes worth noting occur in your race's history since my afore-mentioned time besides having spawned a massive amount of predecessors."

With that, Vyn turns his attention on the insectoid that has entered the room, filling Vyn with mild curiousity as to what a Thri-Keen is in its entirety, while still open to anything the human may say in retaliation to what Vyn personally believes is the absolute truth.

Gradius
2006-11-11, 01:31 AM
Seeing Dano, Garath could not help a smile. He was such an odd little man, with his little tricks all about him. It was highly amusing the the tank of a man. In fact, from where he stood, he could stike out at almost anyone in the room with ease. It was a typical thought to cross the mind of a battle torn man like himself.

"I have lived life for far longer than most in this room, and as such, I have seen things that you could not simply comprehend. The human in general is a highly mistaken one, for a demon can vary as much as a human, though they would seem to be generally malevolent to the young race. Just as a dragon's horde is not always the riches you think it was. Next, I have to say, do not compare me to you simply because my blood is draconic. My heritage is none of your concern, and if it becomes an issue, I will not hesitate to inform you of it. Also, unlike any of you, I offered my name, and a piece of my origins. You responded with silience. Do humans not find that disrespectful? I am still new on your little traditions."

Garath's look at Dano showed all that he cared about. It was a look the sceamed, "I tried to be kind..." The massive man clearly didn't think much of these people already. And the mostrous being was getting bored again.

Knight13
2006-11-11, 11:10 AM
"I am Drak'tek, from the forest to the east. However, my homeland is among the deserts far to the south."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-11, 12:08 PM
"Ah, yes. I have also not been accustomed to the slight triviality of introductions. If that is what is necessary for the time being, then I am called Vyn Ssevisk. I have slumbered for what I can determine to be far too long, approximately a thousand years, as even the gods I had grown so familiar with are gone, replaced by dieties I do not believe I could find any common ground with. And from what I can determine of pure assumption, though I am reluctant to do so as assumptions nearly always lead to disaster, I feel I can place much envy in the gold one as more than likely he has lived far longer than even myself but without the encumbrance of having to adjust to the unknown only after waking up after such a pause from living normally, instead only continuing existance as most beings do. As for my personal heritage, I can only reveal that my people were, and perhaps still are, providing they are not completely lost to me, admittedly quite a race with a fair bit of omnipotency and that our empire was of an elite class until events I do not know the details of due to what I would call a "hibernation period", eventually led to the crumbling of my people's culture, as all empires must eventually go through."

After a few moments, he briefly continues with:

"I hope this was sufficient information and that I did not ramble, although I would not doubt such a thing as I am fully aware that I am not very socialable with others beyond my own kin."

Wraithkin
2006-11-11, 12:31 PM
Dano

An eyebrow quirks up, and looks at the assembled group. It was a look Garath recognized many times over. It was one of curiosity combined with amusement. So many egoes, so much power. He was certainly going to have a lot of cleaning up to do. Sighing, he looked back at his friend. "How many houses have I rebuilt since I met you?" It was a question out of the blue, but one that was always asked of Garath to help him remember what carelessness got them. It was spoken with barely a whisper, just loud enough for him and possibly a few others to hear.

"I am Dano, devout warrior of Athena. Garath here and I have been working together for what... six hundred thirty-two years now?" The statement itself was spoken with a passive tone, no lies implied. But how a mere human could live over six hundred years? "Do not let his appearance fool you. He is a loyal friend, and a very capable warrior. But do not stray from his good graces, or the business end of that stick he wears on his back may be introduced to you. Not a pleasant experience, from what I've observed."

Tajdi
2006-11-11, 12:34 PM
Kaliand'r was at a loss of what to reply. He still was uneasy, and now with the multitude of foreign creatures in the room, he felt slightly out of place. He raised his brow from his seat, and simply replied.

"I am Kaliand'r, a simple wanderer. I am nothing special, as it seems all of you are...I have no special story, nor long life...I'm just me..." His voice trails off and he remains silent again. Though he would not say it out loud, he disapproved of such boasting. Be it the last threatening words of the warrior, Dano or the futility of comparing life spans. What does it matter...in the end, everyone dies. And pride is a sin. Kaliand'r sighed again.

It seems humility does not span past other races...

Gradius
2006-11-11, 08:28 PM
Garath was not one to joke, with the only exception being his conversations with Dano. The two of them had an incredible relationship since their time together, allowing the fiendish beast to relax.

"I think it was at least 800 within the last century, Dano. Of course, war efforts through the time we spent together have raised that number significantly. It would seem that your small brethern live too short of a life to learn the value of learning from mistakes. It is always the same problems, time and again. Just make sure your time is well spent before you pass on as well. As for the Zenkai, I only use it on foes that are worth it. A mass of humans swarming, or a titan daring to strike at me. Otherwise, it really does not take much does it?"

Tajdi
2006-11-11, 11:20 PM
"You seem quite confident...Garath? But too much confidence can lead to dark tidings. I assume this 'Zenkai' is your weapon behind you? Though you may think it would take a large enemy for it to be used, it does not seem, such a...variety of men would be gathered together if this was for something ordinary." His voice raised slightly, but more out of concern that whatever reason they had been gathered, may not be taken seriously. The green elf creature remained sitting.

Gradius
2006-11-11, 11:29 PM
Garath looked at the elfish creature and let out a booming laugh. A clawed hand hit the ground as the mighty man contained himself. He looked at the small green man and spoke with a little less boredom in his mighty voice.

"My now! We have ourselves a keeper, Dano! He is like you, an intelectual! Rahaha! Well, you have some set on you little man, most people wouldn't dare to call Zenkai a mere weapon, or even to call my ways wrong. When I use the word titan, I mean anyone that can give me a good fight. let's hope it never comes to that between us. Another, note. If I don't enjoy a battle which I use my Zenkai in, I won't allow the bastard to be resurected by the Divine. Nah! I'm just trying to ratrtle you up, little guy. You got a spine, which is more than I can say for most men these days! When we get a chance, you can buy me a great big drink!"

Tajdi
2006-11-11, 11:44 PM
His brow raised, though he did smile. The golden creature laughed, and didn't sound too much different than a human fighter he had once met. "Little? Hmm, well perhaps if we are to pass a tavern I would share with some drink. Though, I would think water is healthier and far more refreshing." Kaliand'r let out a small chuckle and shifted his position as he glanced to the others as well. It seemed the room was still far too silent, and he hoped that whatever they had been summoned here to accomplish did not warrant such grave mannerisms.

Knight13
2006-11-12, 02:39 AM
Drak'tek seems distinctly uneasy, his deformed wings shift constantly and his head swivels, scanning the room. A tiny bolt of lightning flickers between his antennae.

"Where is the human known as Gent? I do not like it here."

The Demented One
2006-11-12, 11:47 AM
Tam

The sound of clopping hooves announces the approach of Tam. Mounted upon a phantasmal steed, he draws near the castle. A plain, but well made, cloak covers his body, revealing only his face. It is the pale, ephemeral face of a changeling, though his eyes shine with a muted light. "Tam Lin I am, called here by the king." he announces to the guards. "Were will he receive me?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-12, 05:50 PM
A young man is summoned to the gate and Tam is led into the room with the others.

(See descriptions above. I'm still waiting for Cows Go Rawr to post.)

The Demented One
2006-11-12, 05:59 PM
Tam

Tam eyes the others, intrigued by their strange appearances, though he is truly no less bizarre. "I am Tam Lin, high sorcerer and changeling. I have been called here by the king on some errand of service, and I assume the same of you. And, then, who might you be?"

Gradius
2006-11-12, 08:44 PM
"A am Garath De'Flagga, son of the Golden Scale Pcileron. A changeling, eh? Never seen one myself, but I hear they are interesting folk, unlike this band over here. They are all too dull for my tastes, no flair to them. But, perhaps they are merely nervous about the mission?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-12, 09:09 PM
Dano

"Perhaps the reason you've never seen a changling is because you've never seen their true form. In your how many mellinia of life, you honestly think you've never run across even one? Come now, you are smarter than that." He smirks as he walks over to the changling. "There are many variety of individuals here, some of whom are more ..... " he lets the word trail off a moment as he thinks for the proper word, "unique.

"That is my friend, Garath as you already know. The thri-kreen-looking fellow is Drak'tek from the east. The man on the bench is ... I wasn't here for that introduction. The Green one is Kaliand'r. The rest I was not here for. I am Dano, as most mortals call me."

The Demented One
2006-11-12, 09:35 PM
Tam

"Indeed. Few changelings are willing to show their true faces - even the one I wear is not truly mine. Now, does anyone know what errand of the king might have called together so many of us 'unique' people together? It is no trifle that requires so many folk of such power."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-12, 10:14 PM
Now bored with the insectoid, Vyn turns his attention to the changeling. Even with his serpent face, the spark of interest in his eyes is obvious, indicating the new interest. Although nothing is said, Vyn grins, realizing the potential of such a being.

Knight13
2006-11-13, 12:01 AM
"I have heard that a number of humans have vanished along the western border. Perhaps this errand has something to do with that."

Gradius
2006-11-13, 12:34 AM
"Whatever it is, this Gent better hurry. We aren't easy to come by, me and Dano. And we have enough gold to get us a better job. Gent needs to consider this... a charity."

Tajdi
2006-11-13, 04:04 PM
"And, what is meant by that, oh large one?" Kaliand'r looked up at Garath, with a calm, questioning glance.

Wraithkin
2006-11-13, 04:19 PM
Dano

The man speaks without looking at Kaliand'r, his voice quiet and confident. "He simply means that the head church for which we work, and are paid through, is doing this as a favor to Gent. Our payment is negligable compared to that which we normally would fetch. To be completely mercenary about it, we don't come this cheap."

He speaks very matter-of-factly, and as he does, he kneels down and reaches into the cloak behind him. In a calm movement, he traces his fingers in the shape of a circle in the dust that had accumulated on the ground with his other hand. Pulling out the hidden hand, he places it palm down inside the circle and a deep resonating thump sounds throughout the room.

Danos draws his hand upwards, and with it travels the shaft of a polearm, hewn of solid stone. Static dances along the lengths of it, until it reachs its full length, where the tip of the spear (http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/Wraithkin/elric_spear.jpg) rests on the ground. "Where I can create, he can destroy. Make no mistake about it... we are not in the habit of being played for fools. And so far, Gent is trying our patience."

Fuzzball
2006-11-13, 05:05 PM
A door opens and man enters carrying a lidded platter. He looks to be in his late thirties and wears simple clean clothing with the symbol of Pitra (a dragon and a unicorn embroidered in gold and white thread) upon his chest. One of the guards attempts to assist him, but he waves the man away and walks to the center of the room to place the tray on the ground.

"I appologize for the delay. We seem to be having trouble tracking down the last of the group. Please enjoy this while you wait."

He lifts the lid and the platter expands into a large table covered with food and drink (whatever your character thinks would be good is there...unless it would be a living creature... :smallwink: )

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-13, 05:43 PM
Calmly eating his meal in a snake-like manner (swallowing large chunks without chewing) but without being slovenly or anything of the like, Vyn suddenly says without warning but with again being calm:

"So I presume my request for information is intertwined with working with these others, am I not correct.....................Gent?"

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-13, 07:01 PM
A small bat flies quickly in the window and makes a landing on a chair near the center of the room.The bat slowly grows and contorts into the shape of a humanoid. He was an elf of sort but had an odd sense about him. His skin was pale as the moon was tight to his frame from the ages he had seen, he had many scars from countless battles. He spoke in a soft but commanding murmur dulled by his age. "And I am Vvaren I apologize not for my lack in punctuality and gratefully thank you all for waiting for me." Just then Vvaren rose and confidently strode to the center of the room and started questioning each person, creature and page, finding all he could about these freaks.

Fuzzball
2006-11-14, 01:56 AM
The man smiles through his well groomed beard, "The information you seek and more that might interest you is waiting at the end of the quest I have called you together to undertake." He looks to Vvaren, "I'm sure there will be plenty of time to ask questions of your new companions later. For now, it seems everyone here is eager to get started, so I won't delay any longer. Drak'tek is indeed correct. There have been several disappearnces along the western border. Over one hundred in the last two months. My friend, Doran, went in search of information. He failed to check in and a magical search has proved fruitless." Though he continues to smile, his bright blue eyes show a deep sadness.

"Though I would like you to look for Doran, there are more pressing matters. What or who is taking people and why? That is why I have called for your aid. Do not misunderstand," he looks toward Dano and Garath, "I would not presume to attempt to force any of you into service. You will be well compensated for your troubles...moreso if you end whatever threat there may be to this land."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-14, 08:15 AM
"The information will rest assured be enough motivation for my participation. So in essence, I have no qualms with doing this task if it leads me to my goals."

Knight13
2006-11-14, 08:21 AM
"You have shown proper respect for the forest, Gent. Thus, I shall do this for you."

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 08:53 AM
Dano

The tall man looks up at his companion and quirks up an eyebrow. People disappearing, and a friend of their master's friend gone missing. Payment for Dano was moot; he was doing this for their friend and mentor. "We wouldn't be here if we wouldn't have agreed to go on whatever mission you had for us. Your friend, and our mentor, is lending us to your aid, so that is what we will do." He leans up against his friend's massive wall-like flank, waiting for his response, if different than his own.

Tajdi
2006-11-14, 09:53 AM
"I would not have come, if I had not intended to aid your people, I will offer what assistance I can, as well."

Turning from Gent to the Thri-Keen, he studies the creature for a moment more, before speaking quietly to the insect thing, if nearby, otherwise he will stand up and walk towards him. "You seem to show a love for the woods and forests, is that true?"

Knight13
2006-11-14, 11:27 AM
Drak'tek looks at Kaliand'r with renewed interest.

"Indeed, defending the wilds is my purpose. It is part of why I am here, whatever has been taking these humans may also be a threat to my forests."

Gradius
2006-11-14, 12:33 PM
Garth's lips perked into a smile. He understood some things now, at least enough to get him by.

"We will do what we can, but don't forget... By saying you wish this threat to be ended, the colateral damage could be severe. Are you willing to undertake the possible carnage that comes with us? Battles go ary, and I'm not one to restrain myself against those weaker than myself. Are you willing to ask me to do all that I can to end these disappearences?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-14, 02:32 PM
Gent nods to each of you in turn and then looks to Garath with amusement. "Ending disappearnaces does not mean killing people before they have the chance to disappear." Though the statement was serious you can hear a joking tone behind it.

He sighs and continues, "I have seen my share of battle. I have seen them go awry. Carnage happens. I trust the man who sent you that he would not have if he thought you would do more harm than good."

Gradius
2006-11-14, 03:00 PM
(You called me by my SN, hehe.)

Garath laughed at the man as he looked at Dano.

"This one here is an interesting fellow, eh Dano? Sure enough, I don't plan on killing innocents anyways. Of course, if your people feel the need to conbat myself or Dano, they will be in for a rude awakening. In any case, we all seem to agree on this mission, let's get too it. I don't like waiting around for nothing, and unless you have some sort of special thing to show us we can set off, right? I just want to get this out of the way now."

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 03:29 PM
Dano

Dano chuckles slightly as the two exchange words. "Do not worry Garath. I have yet to run into something you have destroyed that I can't fix." Smirking, he slaps the huge scaled being on the leg and lifts off the ground, coming to a halt around shoulder level with Garath. "But, I do agree. Let's get moving and make sure we bring this to an end. No sense in risking more innocent lives because of our inaction."

Fuzzball
2006-11-14, 05:15 PM
Gent shakes his head, "You may leave at your leisure. If you require anything further all you need do is ask." Gent sweeps his hands around and up, lifting into the air and coming to float near Dano and Garath. He holds out a folded piece of paper to Dano, "Should anyone question your business."

He floats back to the ground and pauses at the door should anyone wish to say anything else.

Gradius
2006-11-14, 07:37 PM
Garath's wings nudged a little as he reached his hand down to grasp Dano. This was a typical way of long distance travelling for them, if teleportation was not applicable.

"Are you ready, Dano. I think we can make it within a couple of days at my maximum speed. A couple of moments if we can all manage a safe teleport."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-14, 07:53 PM
Vvaren looked up with a small ping of pain piercing through his normally calm visage and said quietly "I dont think we all should go I can do this alone. Last time i tried the common cause thing they all died a horrable death."

He jumped and hastily pulled a highly decorated rapier, its blade was a long shot of silvery metal spurting in a slight ark away from the red hilt, the hilt was a long handle with a hand guard in the shape of a biting lions head and the pommel was the shape of a humanoid face. As Vvaren pulled it out the face grew to the size of a small head and it began to speak "What Vvaren means is that we will gladly take your mission and will take all the help we can get." Vvaren's face quickly switched from blankness to anger as he left quickly to the hall and he scolded his sword for taking control of him.

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 09:17 PM
Dano

Dano takes the offered paper and reaches behind his cloak and his hand comes out empty. "I am able to get us all there. Well, except you, old friend." He looks at the others. "It simply is a matter of you all being willing to do so. Garath, you know what to do." Dano holds out his hands to the others, expecting them to grasp his.

Something quirks in his mind and he looks up at Garath, then back at Gent. "Where is the location of the latest disappearance, and where did you send Doran?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-14, 10:16 PM
Gent laughs at Dano's question. "I was wondering if you'd ask that question." He walks to one of the tapestries. It depicts Pitra, it's borders, and major features. Gent points at several yellow dots, "These indicate where people have disappeared. The largest concentration has been here at the southwestern border town of Asheen. That was where Doran was going."

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 10:23 PM
Dano

He nods, and stares at the tapestries. His eyes move in a speed that is not normally reserved for that of a human, and he places an index finger on his forehead. Looking at Gent, he smiles. "Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I do believe I have all the information we need for the location. Last question: Have there been any witnesses, or any accounts of what has been taking these people?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-14, 10:29 PM
Gent frowns, "No. They just wander off and don't come back. Even the most powerful scrying can't track them down."

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 10:35 PM
Dano

His eyes narrow as he hears the news. It was a compulsion of sorts, as far as he could tell. He would have to do something about this. "Very well. We will start in Asheen. Garath, you know where that is, right?"

Gradius
2006-11-14, 10:58 PM
"Yeah, but it's been a long time since I was even in the area. I'll bet those people changed the whole place on me. I better not get stuck in a building this time, or I swear I will destroy it to a cinder. Whatever. Gent, good luck, and keep a scry on us. We'll likely disappear, then reappear again. But it could take a while."

With that, the massive man simply disappeared. He had no flash, no bang. He was just gone, with all of his equipment with him.

(Greater Teleport, no DC since you told me everything I needed to know.)

Wraithkin
2006-11-14, 11:03 PM
Dano

"Let's roll, folks." He once again holds out his hands waiting for the others.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-14, 11:37 PM
Vvaren enters the room once again totally calm."Fenrisar and I have come to the conclusion that this will be much easier with the aid of all of you, and that we should contact the relatives on the missing people and find where they were the day they went missing and ask if they had been acting weird recently ate anything that could effect their judgmental abilities."

"We can't let any detail get by us if we are to discover the true deviance of the matter."Fenrisar piped in.

Knight13
2006-11-14, 11:50 PM
Drak'tek half-way draws one of his bastard swords when he sees Vvaren drawing his rapier, but stops when he sees that the elf isn't attacking.

When he sees that Dano intends to teleport the group to their destination, Drak'tek says, "Hold a moment, I must call my companion from outside."

With that, Drak'tek stares at the wall for a moment. After a minute, a lizard-like creature scampers into the room on all fours and then stands up on its hind legs to get a look at the group. It is about four feet tall, with a white underbelly, luminous red eyes and blue and black stripes on the rest of its body. Its tail sticks straight out behind it and it has two slim horns extending upwards at an angle from the sides of its head. As it stares at the group, electric arcs crackle over its body. Once it finishes its inspection, the creature waddles over and nuzzles Drak'tek affectionately.

"This is Tatch, he will accompany us."

[ooc: Shocker Lizard entry here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shockerLizard.htm]

Fuzzball
2006-11-15, 01:16 AM
Garath finds himself surrounded by pine trees.

Gradius
2006-11-15, 05:02 AM
"I hate... pine trees."

Garth sighs as he thinks on his option. He could just destory this entire forest, but then Dano would scold him again. And that was always annoying. Hedecided to get some vission on exactly where he was.

(Jump check 33. 13+20; Garath will hover with his flightcapabilities from there.)

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 08:50 AM
Dano

Nodding, he counts those people with him. "I hope you have a place where he can hide for the few moments of transportation. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make two trips." His voice indicates that really isn't his first choice.

Tajdi
2006-11-15, 10:44 AM
Kaliand'r smiles. Despite the differences in appearances already he was quite impressed with the scaled insect. "I too must retrieve accompaniment, one moment please." And with that Kaliand'r heads out of the room and towards the outside of the building where he calls for his companions.

He returns shortly, followed by an armored reptile, resembling the thri-keens companion, only without antennae and more carnivorous in features. A cunning and intelligent look on its saurian face, only enhanced by the companion relationship. The other resembled a female form, in a deep black cloak hiding alll features. "My companion is named Thorn and this one's name is Rose." Both figures bow slightly to the group presented before them.

Fuzzball
2006-11-15, 12:11 PM
Garath takes to the air and looks about. Off in the distance he can see a small town nestled in the trees...perhaps a half-mile away...

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 12:23 PM
Dano

An eyebrow is quirked up, sunglasses hiding his eyes, and he smirks. "Two trips it is. If we are all quite set?" Once everyone is ready and prepared, he takes the first five people (and any companions) and warps the air around them. A breeze rushes past their faces as time and space is bent to his will and they appear below Garath. Disappearing from their sight, he reappears back in the chamber and repeats this process with the remaining partymembers.

"What do you see, old friend?" He calls up to his companion.

Gradius
2006-11-15, 12:40 PM
"The village is half a mile away. If you would let me, I coould clear a path. I just don't want you to scold me about the elves again. Remember last time... I never knew a man could have such a high pitch before. Though a quick flash fire could reveal a lot about this place..."

Garath remains hovering, his massive wings creating gust which was already bending the trees ways.

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 12:53 PM
Dano

He sighs and shakes his head at his friend. "No, not again. We would probably be better off either flying there or walking. If you fireflash this place, it could burn the whole forest down or disrupt the entire natural order around here."

Knight13
2006-11-15, 01:50 PM
"There is no need for destruction, the forest is quite willing to let one pass if one only knows how to ask."

Drak'tek touches the pearl hanging around his neck with a claw and then gestures in the direction of the village. Underbrush and even the trees seem to pull back, leaving a straight, level path with no obstructions.

Cast Easy Trail

With that, Drak'tek begins to stroll down the newly created path. Now that he is back in the wilds, his manner has changed. All the hesitation and nervousness is gone from his stance. Instead, he moves with all the casual grace and power of a stalking tiger in its own territory. Tatch follows at his heels (after it throws up in a bush, apparently the electric lizard is not used to teleportation).

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 01:54 PM
Dano

Nodding, he leaps up and drifts to his friend, exchanging a few words, looking down at the others. Slowly, he begins to flying along after the group once it's moving. While walking may be best for them, having the strategic advantage of aerial lookout is priceless. As he flies, he reaches under his wind-whipped cloak and pulls out a spyglass. Soon, he's scanning the entire area, looking for signs of trouble or danger.

Tajdi
2006-11-15, 02:04 PM
Kaliand'r's eyes narrow, yet he remains silent but ready, at the gold creature's call to burn the forest down. Before he can reply though, the Thri-Keen makes a path clear for them. A smile appears on the killoren's face as he makes a silent if unseen nod to Drak'tek. He motions for his raptor companion and his other aide to follow him, as he follows the others. Taking note of the type of trees that are found in the region, in case this knowledge could become useful later on. His hands still gripping his staff and one of the bare sticks from his open backpack.

Fuzzball
2006-11-15, 02:34 PM
Everyone hears the sound of a bell ringing and shouting in the distance. Through is spyglass Dano can see people rushing to the small fort at the edge of the town and several people pointing in your direction.

Gradius
2006-11-15, 02:42 PM
Garath kept up his flight and looked in the direction of the sounds in annoyance. He was plenty used to people gawking, but this was only going to become troublesome if they found them to be threat.He didn't bother grabbing for his size, but he was prepared to balst these simple people away, if he had to.

"Dano, that note might be useful. I'm guessing my flying towards them does not make a good impression. I'll lower my speed, so you reach there first."

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 03:53 PM
Dano

Dano nods in agreement, and streaks off towards the town. "Inform the others of what's going on." his voice trails after him as he flies towards the town.

Fuzzball
2006-11-15, 04:13 PM
The path cleared by Drak'tek does not reach far into the forest, but does seem to travel with you, closing back over behind. As such, only Garath and Dano can see the panic that Garath has caused.

Dano: The last of the town's folk have gone to the fort and the gates close as you arrive. It is better than nothing, but it does not look like a very strong hold. There are guards along the top of the wall, each pointing a bow in your direction. You hear whispering behind the wall that sounds like an argument, but you can't make out the exact words being exchanged.

The whispers stop and a feminine voice calls out, "State your business!"

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 04:51 PM
Dano

Dano halts in the air, his hooded cloak lazily drifting around him as the wind at his elevation playfully tugs at his clothing. He sees the panic, recognizes the kind of problems Garath was sure to cause, and sighs as another town fell victim to his friend's visage. Looking back over his shoulder, he shrugs and then reaches behind his cloak to pull out the letter. Holding it firmly, he holds it up and shouts down to the voice who had called out to him.

"We are representatives of Gent, seeking out the truth behind the disappearances which have plagued this part of Pitra. This letter is evidence of our mission, and we only wish to get information and seek out those who have gone missing."

Gradius
2006-11-15, 04:58 PM
Using a telepathic communication, Garath's voice enters the minds of the rest. It won't become strenous, at least as long as they don't mentally shouting...

"Dano is going to approach the village. They seem dead set on killing anything that doesn't look noraml. So, almost all of us. In any case, I sujjest we hold back until Dano's signal."

Fuzzball
2006-11-15, 05:20 PM
A door in the gate opens and a lone woman comes out before the door is closed and latched (loudly) behind. The woman walks forward confidently, but as Dano comes down to her level he can see her nervousness. She seems young for a leader and is not clad in the trappings of the military, but rather white robes with a yellow sun emblazoned on the front.

She reaches out for the letter and reads it quickly. "And the thing hovering over the forest, is it with you?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-15, 06:56 PM
Dano

"Yes, he is my friend. You have nothing to fear from him."

He looks the woman over, clearly a pelorian priestess. "You do not need to be worried. We are not here to hurt you or your charges, Pelorian."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-15, 07:16 PM
Vvaren stands in the shadows not to hide but to avoid the direct sunlight. "We could always sneak over there guard and just keep our larger friends out of city limits.", he says quietly.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-15, 10:15 PM
"I am.............confident.....that Dano will resolve any potential obstacles through reasonable diplomatic tactics. Although I must admit that I am reluctant to have any contact with these people whatsoever."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-16, 12:32 AM
"I still believe it would be best to leave the more beastly of our companions in the forest in order to prevent people from being afraid to make contact with us, those who we leave behind can take some shifts off the guards while we question them and their families." Vvaren said quietly.

Fuzzball
2006-11-16, 02:11 PM
The woman does not appear to be comforted by Dano's words. "I don't doubt your intentions sir. The true enemy remains well hidden, but these people are frightened. 22...sorry...23 people missing is nearly a tenth of the town. I'm afraid we have little to offer beyond fear."

Wraithkin
2006-11-16, 03:06 PM
Dano

"And that is precisely why we are here. Gent has hired us to seek out those who have gone missing, and at worst, stem the loss of future inhabitants. If we cannot combat the fear itself, let us rather focus on the cause of the fear." He pauses, and looks at the others town's walls.

"I know that I can reinforce these walls if you'd like, and provide you with a means to protect this village. My large friend is a stalwart warrior, and the rest of my party have their own talents, one of which is a nature-lover. Do you have any information that may assist us in what happened here?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-16, 03:46 PM
She shakes her head, "We have not been attacked, and I can't see how stronger walls will keep people from wandering off."

Wraithkin
2006-11-16, 04:58 PM
Dano

He furrows his brow in thought. "So they just wandered off of their own accord? Have you been able to determine the state of mind when they did? Did they appear themselves? Were they married, single, a particular location in the town? Were they a part of any specific type of demographic or function-serving portion of the town? Do you know if any magic was involved?" He rattles off his questions, and realizes he has asked too much in one breath.

"I'm sorry. I am merely trying to get as much information as I can before another person is taken. May we come inside and try to gather as much evidence as possible?" He looks at the walls and towers, and quirks an eyebrow up from behind his sunglasses. "I still want to do something about your fortifications. It won't take me long and it will help you regardless of if it works keeping people from leaving."

Fuzzball
2006-11-16, 05:24 PM
"Gent has sent you and therefore you and your companions are welcome. I will have to convince the others of your good intentions. It will take a moment." She walks back to the door and it opens, once again it is closed behind her and latched. Dano can hear the conversation, which ends with a brief discussion of Gent's letter and a grumble before the gate swings open.

He can now see the town'sfolk huddled inside, staring fearfully at him. The woman comes forward again and motions the others that it is safe to go back to their homes. She bows slightly to Dano, "My name is Ashlee. If you or your companions require anything you will need to come to me." She hands him back the letter, then turns to the people still huddled inside. "Go back to your work and your homes. These strangers are here to help us. They will not harm you." Slowly the people begin to filter out, keeping their distance from Dano.

Wraithkin
2006-11-16, 05:31 PM
Dano

He recognizes the fear and distrust. It hits him like a wave, pressing over him. He swore to himself to help them, even if they didn't trust him. Taking the letter back, he replaces it under his cloak. In his mind, he reaches out to Garath, over the connection they always had open.

Garath, advise the others that we are clear to enter the town. I would suggest you keep your distance... they are wary of me, so I think any of those who do not look human may wish to either change their appearances or stay back from town. Ask if any of them can communicate with animals, for it sounds like people were wandering off. If they are under the influence of another being, the animals may have seen something or someone. I will represent us in our needs, as I have a good repoire going with the town's leader, Ashlee. Garath, if you can, gather as much stone and stray healthy lumber as you can and place it just at the edge of the forest. I want to help these folks with their town while they sleep. I figure it will aid in earning their trust; be a token of good will."

He nods and follows Ashlee into the town. "Is there anything your town is in need of, besides the solution to this mystery?"

Gradius
2006-11-16, 06:59 PM
Garth did as he was told, relaying all the information to the others, and directing all questions to be asked to Dano.He merely hovered and streched his claws. He could take this entire forest if need be, but that was far more than needed. He was going to have fun with this little task though.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-16, 07:52 PM
Vvaren calmly strolled up to Ashlee and asked "Can you please direct me to the house of the most recently missing person. I would like to look around for some clues."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-16, 07:55 PM
Hiding his scaly hide, most prominently his face, and also his clawed hands, Vyn goes to work disguising himself so as to not be recognized so much as a being to be feared by his immediate appearance. ((Disguise check 25 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=730650 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=730650)))

"I presume it would do no harm to lessen immediate fear by attempting to hide my guise and perhaps stay conscious through the night, if necessary, to see if anyone else goes missing, despite the fact I have noted my concerns. The things one must do to ensure safety............."

As his common speech trails off, he starts to mutter in a quiet serpentine hissing voice of an unrecognizable language while he starts walking towards the fort.

Wraithkin
2006-11-16, 07:56 PM
Dano

Dano jumps at the sudden appearance of Vvaren, wondering how the man covered the half mile so quickly and evaded his perception. His eyes narrow behind his sunglasses, as he looks Vvaren up and down. "It might be best if you listened to Garath and my wishes, and waited for her to answer my question."

Knight13
2006-11-16, 09:09 PM
Drak'tek turns to Kaliand'r.

"You are a servant of the wilds as well, are you not?"

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-16, 10:22 PM
Vvaren's face changed quickly to a more angular and angry look and he snapped " Dano shut your mouth and pay attention to what is happening, if what is going on is some kind of mental dominance we don't know who may be afflicted so the information you will receive will be incomplete or flawed, so i suggest that we take the searching into our own capable hands. Even if they are not afflicted with some mental ailment we don't know how thorough they searched the evidence so we should only depend on them for what we cant get ourselves." With that Vvaren calmed him self and waited for a reply.

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 01:16 AM
Ashlee looks at Vvaren with surprise that slowly turns to grim detemination as the two argue. The sun on the front of her robe begins to glow with a fierce light that bursts forth, enveloping the two men. There is a horrible shriek. When the light fades all that remains in the spot Vvaren was occupying is a translucent cloud.

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 01:23 AM
Dano

A smirk plays across his lips as he sees the results of the pelorian might. "I would apologize for his behavior, but I do not normally associate myself with people like himself. I will let the others deal with him. As for you, let me help you out... " He leaves the ending open, letting her be the one to guide him and lead the line of the conversation.

"Garath, send someone with a pot or bag or something to scoop up whatever is left of Vvaren. He overstepped his boundaries and was punished by Pelor for his actions."

Gradius
2006-11-17, 01:28 AM
"Listen up, you guys. Apparently a certain...person was a little too ambitionous. We need someone to cleanup his remains. I hope someone has an old waterskin."

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 01:37 AM
Ashlee narrows her eyes at the gaseous cloud floating away, "He was your associate?" She looks at Dano questioningly. "Why would you associate with the undead?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 01:42 AM
Dano

"He is a member of a party hired by Gent to resolve this issue of disappearing townfolk. I also am a member of the party, but I personally hail from a church of Athena, as does my friend in the sky." He jerks a thumb at the large hulking form flying their way. "But let's not focus on those that I travel with. I want to focus on helping you."

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 01:49 AM
She doesn't appear pleased with the explanation, but she does seem to understand that there is little she can do about the situation. She turns to lead Dano into to fort, "The last person to disappear was Captain Laratus. He was the leader of the guards who reside in the fort. I'll take you to his quarters."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 01:58 AM
Dano

"Thank you. Have most of the people that have disappeared been part of the guard, or was it just any random person in the town?" He memorizes the area and layout of the houses, wall designs, anything he lays his eyes upon.

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 03:21 AM
"No sir," she leads Dano into a simple room. "Several miners and guards have gone missing. So far, only one woman, and no children have been taken. Several weeks ago an elf came through. He said he was sent by the king. After a few days he just vanished. The mayor disappeared right after that. The captain, yesterday."

She looks around, "He was a replacement for the second man to disappear. I don't think Laratus was expecting to be here long."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 08:41 AM
Dano

Nodding, he takes it all in. "Did anyone see them leave, or did they just turn up missing?" He speaks as he looks around the room, expanding his consciousness to encompass the entire room. He also moves his hand quickly and speaks a word in the celestial tongue.

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 11:58 AM
"There is no wall surrounding the town. People are free to wander as they choose. No one noticed anything unusual until a person couldn't be found." She backs up a bit as Dano casts his spell. "I think that's what worries people the most. One moment someone they love is fine. Without a word the person is gone."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 12:50 PM
Dano

Nodding, he furrows his brow and removes his glasses, his too-blue eyes pouring over the room. "You're right. The fear of the unknown is often worse than what that unknown really is. Did the disappearances happen prior to or after the elf's arrival?" He hmm's to himself, picking over pieces of clothing that have been neatly left behind. "No magic, no trace..." he whispers to himself. "It would appear that there has been no sign of struggle, no form of magic was used in this room... at least not in the immediate past. What I would like to do, if it is alright with you and your fellow townsfolk, is erect a permanent wall tonight. There will be no construction, no noise that will disrupt their slumber. It will cost you nothing, and I will require no help.

I understand it may be an inconvenience, but if we have intruders catching people unaware, or we have people wandering off, we need to know about it. The wall with two gates will serve as a guage as to who's coming and going. I will want no fewer than four people stationed at each gate, with two or more in each watch tower I will set up over the walls. With over two-hundred inhabitants, I trust that won't be difficult to come up with that number of people."

He looks around the room, and then his eyes come to rest on Ashlee. "If we can't solve the disappearances right away, I want to at least stem the loss of future people. That way, it will give us more time to work with. I will also be the only one constructing the wall, so the others inside my party will be able to help search the surrounding woods for clues."

"Garath, I need anyone with knowledge of nature to search the surrounding areas for clues. The residence of the most recent victim is perfectly organized and clean; the home of a military man. I am going to be erecting a barrier wall with gates around the town itself. I will need that much lumber and as much stone as you can find. If our nature-loving friends have any suggestions on which trees to take and how to take them so they grow back, that would be greatly appreciated. I want to have minimal impact on the surrounding wildlife, got it?

The town is really shaken up about this. We need to do this as quickly as possible, not only for their sake, but the longer we wait, the harder it will be to track these people down. Also, see if you can find out if Gent's friend was an elf. There was an elven man who passed through here 'several' weeks back, who similarly disappeared."

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 01:42 PM
"The elf was the thirteenth to disappear. I don't see any harm in building a wall, but I'll have to speak with the soldiers. They may want post the guards, or share the load with the town." Ashlee pauses. "Are you sure you don't want any help? I know the people would be willing to do their part."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 02:06 PM
Dano

Dano smiles at the offer. "No, thank you. If they want to help, the best thing they can do is keep an eye on each other. Travel in fours, with two always awake. If they are still dead-set on helping me, I merely need raw materials: wood, stone, and some basic metals. I do not want anything that they already own, merely scraps or things laying around the woods. I can manufacture the wall itself with the powers that reside within me."

He looks at the priestess and sighs. "I need you to be with the townsfolk. They clearly trust you, and they need you, now more than ever. I want you to also travel with three of your trusted friends or family members. If you disappear, our job here will be made that much more difficult. Besides, I can't have one of Pelor's blessed taken away from this town."

Gradius
2006-11-17, 02:10 PM
"Tree huggers! I need one of you to search for clues, and another one to help me search for lumber. Ifdon't have your aid, I'll just have to tear entire trees out of this forest. You lot are against that, right? That means we need another to clean up the remains of the vampire. These aren't orders, they are commands. Now let's hurry up. If we want to solve the problem, we will need to hold off on the missing folk. Dano is bright in all, but he just isn't suited for manual labor."

(Spot Check for a place of good stone. Something that could be ripped out of the ground.

Result: 16+15= 31)

Knight13
2006-11-17, 02:20 PM
Drak'tek shakes a fist in Garath's direction.

"I will search the forest. Kaliand'r, you should work with that destructive ruffian, make sure he doesn't burn the forest down."

Drak'tek will search the forest around the town, looking for signs of people coming or going.

Use Track
Survival check: (1d20+20=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731913)

Fuzzball
2006-11-17, 03:00 PM
Dano:

Ashlee nods, "Very well. I will pass your suggestion along. When I have finished I will be at the church should you need anything."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 03:54 PM
Dano

"Thank you. May Pelor's light shine upon you." He nods, and escorts her to the guardhouse, ensuring her saftey. Once she is there, he walks out to meet with the group, looking down at where Vvaren's remains sat. Shaking his head, he walks past the hanging mist and seeks out the others. "Who knows about reconstituting a discorporated vampire?" He asks very drily. He didn't feel bad for Vvaren; the man had brought it upon himself. He just hopes Vvaren learned his lesson and will be a bit more prudent with his actions.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-17, 08:15 PM
Finally having strolled in just in time to hear Dano's remark, Vyn replies:

"Oh. So that is what this strange mist is? In any case, I certainly have no idea. But seeing as I just got here, clearly I have missed some details. I presume you have more or less diplomatically solved any possibly serious disputes about our presence? Also, I had in mind that I would attempt to keep an eye on anyone that may seem to come under a trance of some sort and follow them to the possible source of the problem. If I suspect they may be harmed, I of course have at least a few methods in mind from said person or people coming under endangerment."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 09:51 PM
Dano

Dano nods at the man's comments. "Yes, I have basically resolved any conflict that we might have with the townsfolk. Here's the situation, so far. The townsfolk have been going about their business, and then several weeks ago someone went missing. Then another, and another. All told, there's just over twenty missing, mostly miners and guards, but a woman has been taken as well. I searched the room of the captain, who was apparently a temporary fill-in, and it was pristine. No furniture overturned, no hint of magic in the entire place. It was as if he went to work and never came home.

By all accounts, that's exactly what's been happening. The inhabitants go about their business, and wander off into the woods, never to return. That's why I want at least one person to talk to the local woodland creatures to see if they saw anything, or any direction they took. Perhaps there's a teleportation circle hidden somewhere, or something like that. A wizard's cruel joke, or something like that.

At any rate, I have offered to wall up the entire town tonight. That is why Garath is searching for suitable trees and rocks. I have also told them to travel in sets of four, never fewer than that, with instructions that no more than two per set sleep at any one time. Once the walls are in place, we'll have them man the gates, towers, and walls with sets of guards and locals. That way, we'll be able to keep track of who is leaving and entering.

If you have some way of overseeing the entire town, I would greatly appreciate that. I know my plan is far from fool-proof, and the disappearances may still occur. I need every one of us to keep a close eye on this entire town. I have a feeling that whomever or whatever is doing that isn't going to stop just because we put up a wall."

He sighs and looks at the rest of the group. "I am only one man. If any of you have any ideas, no matter how insignificant, let's air them out now so we can evaluate them and possibly enact something that will help us track down these lost villagers."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-17, 11:22 PM
"Unfortunately, what I have prepared in my arsenal of magic is applicable only to immediate situations and do not help with long-lasting results such as your idea of a barricade. Only if, for example, I could locate would-be missing villagers by mundane means a relatively short time before they would fall victim could I apply my resources to any true effect such as preventing them from going anywhere else, so as to not have as much to be concerned about while I hypothetically dealt with the source of these people's problems."

Wraithkin
2006-11-17, 11:58 PM
Dano

He nods, absorbing the information. "Anyone else?"

Something ticks in his mind and he remembers something. "Garath, I just realized something. Forget the trees, for now. We won't need them right away. This is a mining town... look for the mine and get me enough rock to surround this town with a twelve-foot high, five-foot deep wall. Bring extras for towers and two gates, then I will need enough lumber for the doors to the gates. The doors will be about twelve feet tall and six feet wide each. I know that's a lot of rock, but I'm going to make this a real wall for them."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-18, 01:30 PM
"Although I cannot help the people directly through my own means for the time being, is there anything you need of me for right now?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 02:49 PM
Dano

"If you can provide security and overwatch for these people, do so. Make sure the priestess Ashlee is safe. Above all, she is the leader of the town and they trust her. If anything happens to her, it could seriously compromise our investigation, as well as turn the townsfolk against us. We are here to help, so I want you to protect her with every means possible."

He looks at the others individually (aside from the treehuggers), and affirms it to the rest. "That goes for all of you. I want you to keep a close eye on her. Nothing happens to her, got it? Just remember, be discreet. I don't want her to get irritated with the security situation we are providing."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-18, 03:10 PM
"Another sleepless night," Vyn thought. "I hope I'm not accused to be the cause of their woes. I have enough problems as it is."

After his brief pause of thought, Vyn starts to walk about the town, attempting to be casual but in reality, keeping as close an eye on the woman known as Ashlee as possible without arousing too much suspicion, trying to not so much as for a moment let her out of sight unless she entered a building in which case he would see if there was any exit besides the entrance and "wing it" from there.

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 06:21 PM
Ashlee does a good bit of wandering through the town. She does as Dano requested, keeping one soldier and two town'sfolk with her at all times. Though the others don't notice Vyn, Ashlee begins to give him a nod every time she exits a building.

Rocks are easy enough to get. The people give Garath strange looks at first, but after a while a large burly man approaches and offers to assist him, if not with the collecting and hauling, then at least lending him a cart to help with the transport.

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 08:16 PM
Dano

With everyone set to doing their task, he begins talking with some of the townsfolk, asking them about any of their experiences of the people that had gone missing, and descriptions of each individual person missing. If they were to find them, he wanted to know what they looked like.

Once he's canvased the area, he seeks out Ashlee. "You said miners worked here. What kind of mine is in this area? If it's metal, do you mind if we use some of the ore to embed within the wall to reinforce it? It's a technique the dwarves I theorized about around two-hundred years ago. If successful, which I believe it will be, it can provide amazing strength and resillience to the stone."

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 08:43 PM
Since Ashlee had begun speaking with the people they seem more open to listening to Dano and giving him information. He hears the same story over and over again...nothing out of the ordinary and then someone was gone.

Ashlee greets Dano with another slight bow and smiles at his request. She turns to one of the men with her. "Matthias, do you think his majesty would mind if our next shipment of processed ore was late?"

The man frowns, "He sent us 'elp. I s'pose if 'is men wanna build a wall an' use 'is shipment then it'd be fine."

Ashlee smiles, "Please take this gentleman to the storehouse, and remember, don't wander by yourself."

Matthias leads Dano to the largest building in the town. Inside are four wagons, three full of processed iron.

Gradius
2006-11-18, 08:49 PM
Garath looked at the man and smiled as he thought on it. To build the wall Dano was proposing would take him about 66 trips. This would pose to be troublesome.

"When I say that I require a lot of your iron and stone, I mean it. From what Dano has told me... I need about 33 Million pounds of rock and iron ore. Can you provide me with that, and not be left astray. Protecting your town is fine, but if you have no means to support yourself you will fall anyways. As for myself I can only cary about 200,000 pouns myself. I can push a cart of about a single million, but still..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 09:00 PM
Dano

"Thank you for your help. I will be sure before we leave that we will haul out all the ore you need and reprocess it for you. " He looks around and walks Matthias back to Ashlee. "Thank you, Ashlee. I'll get working on the metalwork right away. Once that's done, I'll help out around here and when everyone wakes up tomorrow morning you should have your wall." He smiles and walks back to the storehouse and sets to work moving the ore.

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 09:17 PM
Garath: The man laughs. "I doubt ya could strip us of our livelihood." He motions toward the mine and several men push out a large cart full of rock. "We got two of these. We can fill one in five minutes. Jus' takes time ta haul."

(Finding a 200,000 lb rock will be difficult. The cart can hold about 50,000 lb. It would be hard to carry more than that anyway due to to awkward size.)

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 09:19 PM
Ashlee nods and thanks Dano for his efforts. After a few more visits Vyn sees her return to a small stone church with her companions.

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 09:36 PM
Kaliand'r left the party in stoic silence. The draconic insect was really the only one whom he would call friend so far. What they wanted him to do was ridiculous. Help them decimate the forest to protect the humans? Kaliand'r shook his head and paused in his steps.

Amidst the massive pines, Kaliand'r began to gow dark green and within moments, he casted two spells of the same type and the effects began to appear. The pines around him, began to shift and uprot themselves. 12 in all, standing on their roots or heaving them up by their branches. The killoren then walked to one of the eldest and tallest trees. Placing his hand upon its bark he spoke.

Greetings elder friend. I have given you and others mobility for some time. There is a grove of humans nearby that have asked for your assistance in matters I cannot determine. They seek perhaps the use of the forest power itself. I have also casted this epll to speak with you on the human's plight as well. Many of their kind have dissapeared or wandered off. Has anything strange or different been arise in the forest, or has anything been sensed nearby or known that could cause such things.

Kaliand'r patiently awaited a reply.

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 09:46 PM
The tree creaks and groans, but Kaliand'r hears words, almost musical to his ears. The tree tells him of a grove nearby, inhabited by a fey. It tells him of the natural predators that have wandered past. Finally it tells him of the scaly one...a creature that takes the shape of many small creatures, but its true form is that of a huge winged lizard.

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 09:58 PM
Kaliand'r nods, though for his own discernment. A fey..he himself, is a fey..and a dragon of what it sounded like...there was a half dragon in the party...this would be interesting.

Thank you friend. I will summon a treant that will guide you to the village, and see what must be done. I thank you for your assistance.

The killoren takes a rod from his backpack and begins to summon a spell onto it. Within moments the staff began to change form, and soon thereafter a massive oak treant stood before Kaliand'r.

"Guide these trees to the village of humans, they will follow you. They need the trees of the forest for some such nonsense, but take care and protect them."

Kaliand'r watches the treant lead the animated trees towards the village, as he watches them go, he ponders on what to now do with the information he discerned.

Fuzzball
2006-11-18, 10:05 PM
The treant meanders toward the town and pauses at the edge of the forest looking down at Dano as he works metal.

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 10:09 PM
Dano

Dano focuses on the metal in his hands, and it elongates and intertwines right before the small crowd of children's eyes. Wiping a small drop of blood from his nose, he looks up at the treant and nods his head. "What can I do for you, ancient one?"

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 10:12 PM
In a shaky wooden, hollow voice, the massive oak approaches Dano.

"You...need...the...trees...For...why..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 10:16 PM
Dano

Slightly taken aback, he looks at the treant and the trees behind him. His face remains emotionless, however, and he tilts his head slightly, trying to discover what exactly this being meant. "Simply put, I need the lumber to make doors for the members of this town."

Knight13
2006-11-18, 10:24 PM
Drak'tek stalks into the pine grove where Kaliand'r stands in contemplation, having seen the treant and trees and followed their trail back to its source.

"So, you are indeed a druid, as I suspected. My mentor was one of your order, a hybrid such as myself by the name of Tik'cha."

Drak'tek bows low. "It is good to see another protector of the wilds."

"As to our current situation, I have searched the nearby forest. I found no trace of the missing humans and, while I found many tracks left by the townspeople, none of them are unusual. The only strange thing I found was an animal trail that seemed to change from beast to beast even as it moved. I followed it, but lost it when the creature became a bird."

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 10:35 PM
The treant pauses in though.

"No...that...is...not...acceptable...we will leave now..."

And with that the treant begins to turn and lead the trees back into the forest.

----

Kaliand'r nodded to the fellow party member.

"You are correct...the forest itself speaks to me. Mentioning of a creature Fey and also the presence of a dragon reside nearby. This dragon is the shapeshifting creature you spoke of. I am relieved though, to find another who is akin to the forest and wild."

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 10:41 PM
Dano

"You had best hold your ground, tree. I will not let you jeopardize my charges' saftey because of your biased sensibilities. These people have been losing their friends and family members to an unknown force, and I need their help to stem the flow. I am asking for you to adhere to the natural order of life." He looks above his sunglasses at the tree. "Or do you believe yourself to be above such things?"

Knight13
2006-11-18, 10:53 PM
"A dragon? Why would a dragon steal humans? They need food like any creature, but surely a creature as powerful as a dragon could catch less troublesome food then humans."

[ooc: If Kaliand'r's animal companions are there, make a Knowledge: Nature check to recognize them.

Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+17=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=733599)]

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 11:03 PM
The treant paused and then spoke again.

"Whose...order...? Man's? The...trees...will...lend...themselves...to....cau se, for...exchange..."

---

The animal companion is a raptor and is nearby along with the other female figure in robes.

Kaliand'r nodded to the Thri-Keen. "It is not mine to guess at the nature of dragons. Perhaps you and that other one are more suited for such questioning. I think however, I will seek out this Fey and see if I am not able to learn more about the pressing events. I think, my first action is to see what has become of the treant I sent. I do not think the man, Dano will attack for wood, but I had hoped to give the woods a say in such events. Care to join me back to the village?"

With that, Kaliand'r whistled for his companons as he nodded to the nsect and turned back towards the town.

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 11:05 PM
Dano

"And what is it you want in exchange for their lumber? I need enough wood for four doors, each two feet thick, eight feet wide, and twelve feet tall. You get me that, and you may go back to your ... whatever it is you do."

Knight13
2006-11-18, 11:09 PM
Drak'tek walks alongside Kaliand'r.

"Dano may not attack, but I have little doubt that his brutish companion would. We must watch him closely lest he harm the forest."

Drak'tek glances at Kaliand'r's companions.

"I recognize the raptor, but what is she?" He points at the female figure.

Tajdi
2006-11-18, 11:18 PM
The treant paused again.

"Trees...lose...lives...humans...must...offer...som ething...of equal...value..."

---

Kaliand'r smiles. "She is a construct, a guard that has aided me in many travels. A nimble wright."

Wraithkin
2006-11-18, 11:23 PM
Dano

Dano looks at the treant as if he had asked for the world. "Last I checked, humans, elves, and all the other races cut down trees. Hell, even other animals eat trees. You are at the bottom of the food chain, treant. One thousand trees could die in the name of a single humanoid life, and the trees would still owe more. Do not forget your place, and do not think for a moment that I will hesitate to use any means necessary to protect these humans.

Your trees do not need to perish. As I said, I only need enough wood to cover those dimensions. If you want to trim off enough wood from other, healthy trees such that it does not destroy them, that is entirely your perrogative." His voice doesn't waver for a moment, and he is beginning to become irritated that he's arguing with a tree.

Tajdi
2006-11-19, 12:02 AM
The treant didn't seem to like the response, but pressed on.

"You...quick...to...threats. We...will...share...wood. Enough....only...what....needed. After...seeds...planted. New...trees."

Wraithkin
2006-11-19, 12:09 AM
Dano

He waves his hand as if dismissing a pesky fly. "Then do whatever is needed for me to have... seven-hundred sixty-eight cubic feet of wood. How it happens is up to you. I can take it from these few trees, or I can take it from the entire forest in little bits. Your call."

Gradius
2006-11-19, 08:24 PM
Garath chuckled as he saw the little carts. He picked one up and tested it's weight with his arm, not even pulling a strain.

"Dano, I can carry 15 of these carts in a chain, but they provide only three. Can you use your abilities to aid me?"

"Fine, please fill them as much you can. I am very fast and very strong. My only wish is that you can fill these in adequete times. 5 minutes a cart is a rather annoying deal."

Wraithkin
2006-11-19, 11:29 PM
Dano

"Yes, I can make more for you. They are pretty simple items. Get me the materials and I will make more."

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 10:51 AM
The treant begins to speak but before it gets the chance to, its body begins to warp and shrink, ever more untill within moments it was naught more than a wooden rod sticking in the ground. The animated trees still motionless where they had uprooted themselves and followed the treant to the edge of the village. Now, walking up from behnd the treant stood Kaliand'r and his companions along with Drak'tek beside, who were just arriving. The killoren walked silently towards Dano and for a moment simply observed the village in contemplation. His raptor companion sniffing the air, giving odd scented glances in Dano's direction. The cloaked construct still silent.

Kaliand'r turned to Dano and spoke in a rather soft voice.

"You want their wood for lumber, did the treant convince you otherwise, I wonder?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-20, 10:57 AM
Dano

"Hardly. The treant knew that I was taking the wood. How I got it was up to it." He walks over to the nearmost tree and examines its grain. "You really need not concern yourself with the method of which I harvest the lumber. I sought you out so we could do so without damaging the ecosystem." Shrugging, he moves back to his metal work and begins lining up more ore for him to fabricate.

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 11:11 AM
Kaliand'r turns towards Dano.

"Anything that rapes the forest without giving back is a damage to its ecosystem...your life span pales in comparison to those of some of these organisms. However, no sentient life is without understanding... Take the trees lumber, from those I have brought here...should we end this plight on their kind..." Kaliand'r gestures vaguely at the humans, "...perhaps then a more suitable arrangement can be made to ensure an ever abundant forest here."

"But that is something in which I can deal with later, then? Are these twelve trees lives enough to ensure the human's survival?"

Kaliand'r awiated a reply.

Wraithkin
2006-11-20, 11:19 AM
Dano

Dano snorts at the man and halts his stacking of the metal. He walks over to Kaliand'r and quirks up an eyebrow behind the smokey lenses. "Do not pretend to know me or my lifespan. My lifespan has no measurement, I do not grow old or die. Dragons will come and go, their bones turn to dust, and I will still be in my youth, the age you see me at right now." His voice takes on a slightly bitter tone.

"Also, had you been here for the conversation between it and myself, you would have heard that I did not require these trees to die. I am willing to harvest some of their lumber, leaving them to live on. I offered an alternative to the treant, to bring more trees and allow me to pull some lumber from them instead of killing these trees."

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 12:29 PM
If Kaliand'r noticed the change in the man's voice, he did not show it. Though he remained silent for a moment.

"You claim immortality, but should not wisdom be a part of that." Kaliand'r sighs and rubs his eyes. "Nevermind...no, the forest will heal in time. Either by taking the trees themselves or branch by branch. It would matter little. Take these then, as they are already here. Take what you need. Their spirit will continue after their shells are gone, to be reborn into the forest, as all life."

Wraithkin
2006-11-20, 12:40 PM
Dano

Shrugging, he takes it as a non-issue and moves over to the trees. "Very well." He wraps a wire cable around the trees, and holds it with both hands. Closing his eyes, he focuses on the shape of the trees and of the doors. Slowly, the trees lose their distinct shape and become an amorphous blob of wood. Then, the wood mods into the shape of four distinct and well-crafted doors with pilot holes for all the necessary metal parts.

Breathing out, he opens his eyes again and walks back to his metalwork. "Thank you for your help." He sounds sincere, and truly appreciative. "You can let the forest know that these trees' sacrifice will not be in vain."

Gradius
2006-11-20, 03:11 PM
Hearing Dano's words and seeing the final cart fill up, Garath link the carts and looked back at the men.

"I can take 15 carts at a time. I will attempt to bring back 30. Will you be willing to fill those carts inbetween my runs? Think on it."

With that, Garath ran off at top speed to the village.

Knight13
2006-11-20, 05:23 PM
Drak'tek is obviously unhappy about the loss of the trees, but he defers to Kaliand'r's judgement.

Wraithkin
2006-11-20, 06:20 PM
Dano

Dano looks at the metal he has, and does some calculations. "Change of plans Garath. Only haul one load of rock here. It will be for cleanup. I'm moving my operations to the quarry itself. On your way back, bring these grids of iron with you. I will make the wall in fifteen-foot segments and have you bring those instead. We'll have you lay them out and we'll erect them once they are done. I'll then mold them together and we'll be set. I figure we'll shave off a few hours this way."

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-20, 07:37 PM
Vyn

Sighing, reluctant to enter another race's holy chambers, Vyn starts walking towards the church, but not before taking a minute or two to attempt and see inside, via the windows, curious about what to expect.

Fuzzball
2006-11-20, 10:43 PM
Vyn can't get a look into the windows as they're boarded up. The inside isn't decorated with any pomp. There are two rows of benches facing a small pulpit, There are no holy symbols on the walls, and there are two doors leading further into the building.

Ashlee walks in next to you cheerfully, "If your task from Dano is to watch me, then you might as well be inside where you're able to do so."

The other three town'sfolk are sitting inside chatting. Ashlee takes a seat with a book.

Fuzzball
2006-11-20, 11:20 PM
Where is everyone? I'm not sure....but here's my best guess....

Dano: making wall
Garath: transporting wall
Vyn: going into the church...keeping an eye on Ashlee
Cows: coming back to unlife
Drak'tek: in the forest wandering somewhere
Kaliand'r: on the edge of the forest planning Dano's downfall!
Hario: Unsure
Demented: Unknown

Knight13
2006-11-20, 11:34 PM
ooc: Drak is hanging out with Kaliand'r. Hario and Demented haven't posted in a long time, maybe you should PM them.

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 11:35 PM
Kaliand'r walked from Dano with an odd expression on his face. He glanced back once and then back towards the forest. His two companions trailing at his side. Turning towards the insect he sighs and then speaks "I am tired of this place, and I am sure I can solve this more quickly then simply waiting around. If you would accompany me, I shall attempt to speak with the Fey nearby in these woods in hopes for more information."

Knight13
2006-11-20, 11:36 PM
"Yes, I have never been to this part of the forest. I would like to meet these fey."

Gradius
2006-11-20, 11:45 PM
Garth brought what was desired to Dano and smiled. The town seemed a little less likely to attack him, so he didn't save face for anything, letting his wings curve in a relaxed manor.

"Here, Dano. What now?"

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 11:46 PM
Kaliand'r nods and walks out into the woods. Sighing, he turns towards the settlement...perhaps we should mention we are leaving...

The killoren sighed and motioned for his raptor companion to leave them and trot back to the settlement as he continued on. Pausing at a large pine he places his hand upon the tree and whispers while a soft green glow begins.

Greetings elder friend. I speak to you in effort to locate the fey in this area, do you know where they can be found?

-----

The raptor trots towards Dano, and shrills at him in his reptilian call. He shrieks and waves his claws vaguely in the air and points off towards the woods. Then he bows and runs back into the direction his partner went.

Fuzzball
2006-11-20, 11:51 PM
The tree creaks a bit and a few needles fall. It tells Kaliand'r of a grove among the pines. There are many trees of different kinds there, and this is where you'll find the fey (singular...not plural). It is toward the north-west several miles.

Wraithkin
2006-11-20, 11:55 PM
Dano

Seeing the raptor trot up and listening to his words, he nods and looks at Garath. "It would appear our nature-loving friends are going to investigate something in the woods. Either way, we should be busy until then. I will be using this rock to fill in the gaps and whatnot. The rest of the pieces I will be making on-site, so you don't have to wait for them to fill up the carts. I trust you can carry a twelve by five by fifteen foot segment of reinforced stone." He points at the completed meshwork at his feet. "I will be inserting this into the stone to reinforce it. I will need it moved to the site where the rock is coming from. That's where I'll be working. Once we get all the pieces here, we'll erect them in order and then mold them together. We'll have as many trips, but we won't have to wait for the carts to be filled.

As it is, there isn't much metal to work with... just enough to reinforce the stone. That's why we can't use it to make carts... of which we'd only be able to make three."

Tajdi
2006-11-20, 11:58 PM
Kaliand'r nods. Thank you, rest sleep eternally.

"The fey are several miles north west of here...I can transport us both, though our companions may have to follow after us on their own. Or we could simply traverse it?"

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-20, 11:58 PM
Vvaren sits up suddenly and smacks his head on the top of the coffin in the attempt, slowly remembers what has happened in the recent events and thinks back to where he encountered Ashlee the pelorian holy woman. Vvaren turned back to gas and wafted out of the coffin and surfaced. he looked around and drifted to the church down the street and looked inside.

Gradius
2006-11-21, 12:15 AM
"Of course I can carry that much. Not even a problem. Just make sure you don't overexert yourself. And if you can, maybe you can harden this stone as you did the Zenkai?

Wraithkin
2006-11-21, 12:26 AM
Dano

"Technically, I could. But even you would have a difficult time breaking this wall, Garath. So I question the need for such a task to be undertaken, a task that would take me weeks to do... weeks we don't have. We only need to put this wall up and get everything ready." He helps Garath put the metal in the cart. "The weight of the wall will help sink it into the ground, and the shape of the blocks I'll be making will interlock the pieces. You should be able to slide them together along this line." He indicates to a small length of rope on the ground, held in a perfectly straight line by more than a dozen small wooden stakes. "Place the blocks along this line, with the line being inside the wall."

Gradius
2006-11-21, 12:49 AM
Garath chuckled. Many would think he had such little intelect that it would be embaressing, but they were mistaken. Garath was quite capable of taking cary of his own mental needs. He understood fine enough the design of things.

"Seems uneeded, but I really don't care..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-21, 08:44 AM
Dano

The smaller man looks up at Garath. "Something troubling you?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-21, 12:36 PM
Vvaren can see little of significance though the cracks of the building, but he can enter it easily. There are four boarded up windows, and a front and back door. If you choose only to hover outside, there are three rooms and five people inside the main one. The room without a door appears to have a bed and several bookshevles. The last room looks to be a kitchen.

Gradius
2006-11-21, 03:20 PM
"Does anything truly bother me, Dano? We have both lived long enough to see countless wars. Humans, elves, gnomes, goblins; it doesn't even matter anymore. They kill each other in massive sweeps, and here we are worried by the disappearence of a mere handful of people. Seems somewhat silly, that's all. Well... what are you waiting for, make this rock! It's been a long time since I've ever fully tested out my muscles. This'll be fun!"

Wraithkin
2006-11-21, 04:56 PM
Dano

Dano laughs, a deep belly laugh. It had been a while since he last had the opportunity to truly enjoy his friend's humor. "Aye aye, sir." He chuckles to himself as he takes off flying towards the quarry and mine. Once there, he gets with the miners and sets up arrangements to build the wall.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-21, 06:56 PM
"Damnation if only I hadn't contracted this curse. I wonder if I can find some cleric to invite me in" Vvaren thought to himself. He drifted slowly to the ground and the mist dissipated to leave the elven form of Vvaren, so he wated for the next cleric to pass by the door.

Knight13
2006-11-21, 08:52 PM
"There is no need to hurry, it will take Dano some time finish his wall. Let us walk."

ooc: Heh, everyone's favorite elven vampire is going to get dusted again.

Tajdi
2006-11-22, 01:52 AM
Kaliand'r nods and he turns to find his raptor companion coming back towards them. "Then let us be off, it is still several miles and we have land to cover. I do not foresee a fight, though it does not hurt to be at ready. And should we meet any harm in the path then we shall be more than equipped to take on any foe." Kaliand'r turned and began to walk north west, away from the town. At his heed, his animal raptor companion, his construct nimblewright, Drak'tek and Drak'tek's animal companion.

{{ If you want to say we arrive or..wait for night, or have a random fight, or etc etc. feel free, lol... :) }}

Fuzzball
2006-11-22, 11:41 AM
Vvaren: You don't see any other clerics come through. After a bit of contemplation you realize that Ashlee is probably the only cleric there. The church does seem to be remarkably un-adorned. There are no holy symbols of any gods in any of the places you can see. Over the door in ancient peeling paint is written 'All are welcome here'.

Dano and Garath: You get to making the wall. The men at the mine are more than happy to help in any way they can. If you don't stop them they will talk to you. It seems they don't get many visitors and are more than happy to share conversation with someone new. You get the impression that the town's initial reaction is a precaution. The lookouts sound the alarm and the people run to relative safety.

While the people do live on the edge of dragon country none of them have ever actually seen a real dragon. They seem quite interrested in Garath and ask him simple naive questions whenever he pauses long enough.

Kaliand'r and Drak'tek: You walk through the forest with ease due to Easy Trail. After about two hours time you both notice a sudden change in the trees. There are all kinds...healthier than any trees you've seen in the past.

Kaliand'r hears the trees creaking and leaves shaking...whispering of your coming.

(Spot check....Knowledge Nature Check...I can't think of any others right now, but if I do I'll ask.)

Gradius
2006-11-22, 02:25 PM
Garath is happy enough to speak with the guards. He answers simple questions based on his draconic history.

"I am golden scaled half dragon, son of the mighty dragon Pcileron. For 10,000 years I lived with my dragon brethern, so ask what youi will of them, I can assure you I tell no lies."

Tajdi
2006-11-22, 05:42 PM
Standard Party Time + 2 Hours

Kaliand'r noticed a change in the surrounding woods as they passed on. It had been a pleasant walk, more for the fact that he had company, even though their walk was still more or less quiet. The forest they began to enter seemed healthier, far richer and the differences were those, that maybe even an urban lover could notice. As the killoren continued on, he remained alert and vigilant.

{ OOC: Spot: R10 + M10 = 20 // Wilderness Lore: R6 + M 10 = 16
Raptor Spot: R9 + M10 = 19, Scent // Construct Spot: R3 + M0 = 3 }

Knight13
2006-11-22, 05:45 PM
ooc:
Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+17=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=739121)
Spot: (1d20+23=35) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=739125)

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-22, 07:05 PM
As Vvaren notices the sign he pauses for a moment, takes a deep breath and enters the church.

Fuzzball
2006-11-23, 11:11 PM
Vvaren has no trouble entering the building. Ashlee stands as he enters, "Welco...." She cuts off in mid-sentance, staring at the vampire for a moment before moving to stand in front of the three town'sfolk. "What do you want here?"

Fuzzball
2006-11-23, 11:18 PM
Treehuggers:

You both believe that you'll find a dryad nearby...though you don't spot anything further out of the ordinary just yet.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-24, 12:05 AM
Vvaren offers a low apologetic bow for his intrusion "I was only wondering of where my party have wondered of to and I would also like to apologize for my previous actions I was somewhat flustered by Dano's ability to trust everything with people we don't know even though this infection might effect the minds workings." Vvaren states calmly. "Not to offend you and your people I am just not sure who we can trust."

Fuzzball
2006-11-24, 08:51 AM
Ashlee looks horrified as she listens to Vvaren's words. "Dano is working on building a wall. The quarry is that way." She points, but retains her defensive stance between Vvaren and her people. Her friends seem confused by the entire exchange, but they remain silent and simply watch.

"Your other companion is right there, though he has yet to introduce himself. If there were any others I have not seen them."

Tajdi
2006-11-25, 12:57 PM
"The fey are most likely this way. If we continue we may see first signs of their prescience. Though they may already know of our arrival, let us take caution."

Kaliand'r continues forward, at a slower pace now.

MechaKingGhidra
2006-11-25, 10:48 PM
"Quite sorry to have not bothered to mention my name, considering my duties for the time. I am known, although admittedly by few, as Vyn. Is there anything else you wish to know?"

Knight13
2006-11-25, 11:24 PM
"Yes, there is definitely a dryad nearby."

Drak'tek calls Tatch to his side and continues forward, taking care to keep his four hands away from his weapons.

Fuzzball
2006-11-26, 01:57 PM
Kaliand'r and Drak'tek:

As you continue on you hear a small giggle. A pixie flutters up, around Kaliand'r's head, and off to the side. It pauses several meters away as if waiting for you before continuing off.

(I'm going to assume you follow.)

The pixie doesn't seem to be leading you deeper into the strange forest, but instead skirts along the edge about 500 meters before diving down into the brush. As the path clears before you, you see the sprite sitting on the body of a man. It giggles once again before disappearing.

The dead man is wearing armor of the army of Pitra. Though he appears mostly human there is a greenish tinge to his skin and there is a scrawny pair of wings sprouting awkwardly through his clothing.

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-26, 03:50 PM
Vvaren was obviously confused by Ashlee's remark "Thank you very much." Vvaren pauses for a moment as if listening. "do not be afraid but my sword has some questions. Hello young lady my name is Fenrisar and my companions name is Vvaren. We would like to engage some of the local civilians and families of the missing folk in questioning." "I must check in with Dano as well fenrisar." "Do what you must but if any of the missing people are still alive we can't wait for them to die. So please young woman would you kindly provide us with the locations and names of some people we can speak to about the missing people."

Fuzzball
2006-11-27, 01:25 AM
Ashlee looks at Vyn and responds, "I have no questions for you at the moment, though you may ask questions of me if you like."

She looks disturbed as the sword begins to speak to her, but its concern for her people eases the tension from her. "Of course...." the words come out hesitantly. "Give me a moment." She disappears into the sleeping quarters and returns a moment later with a small book. She opens it and pauses before handing it to the vampire. "I've been keeping a record. I would suggest starting with the soldiers. They've lost the most people."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-27, 12:20 PM
Vvaren stands a bit more at ease now that Ashlee is being more helpful.
"Thank you for your aid in this matter we will begin the questioning at once, now I will take my leave, thank you once again." with that Vvaren offered a low bow and left the church.

Vvaren made his way as best he could towards Dano but Ashlee gave him very poor directions, Vvaren was glad of the nice break from all these people he was still adjusting to all these people who hated him only for his appearance and judged him before the grew to understand him, but he didn't give this village a chance so he deserved it as far as he could see, with that he approached Dano. "Hello, one wonders what you are thinking when we hear you are making a wall. So please do tell how long do you intend to take." "Do we have time to engage so villagers in questioning?" The sword added.

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 01:12 PM
Dano

He doesn't answer the duo right away, his vision is focused intently on the massive cluster of rock at his feet, the metalwork that was laying on top of it, and his hands resting upon both. As the sword and Vvaren finish speaking, and the vampire blinks, the cluster of rock and metal are gone, and are replaced by a massive slab of smooth stone. It's measurements are immense, some five feet thick, twelve feet tall, and there are two segments each fifteen feet wide. With a sigh and a blink, Dano looks at them and nods. "This project will probably be done in a few hours. I have already questioned most of the villagers, though, before I started working on the wall." He waves a hand at Garath's hulking form, jerking a thumb at the new slabs.

"The information I've gathered is not very helpful. The individuals walk off, doing their normal business and then are gone, no word being heard of where they went or what happened. There haven't been any witnesses to these disappearances. I have sent the two nature-loving individuals to start combing the woods and talking with the wildlife to see if they have heard or seen anything unusual. I have also instructed the townsfolk to travel in packs of four... two awake and two asleep. This will ensure no one will walk off by themself without someone seeing it.

As for the wall, it's meant to not only keep people in, but keep intruders out. We still don't know if it's an individual or group of individuals who are entering the area and spiriting the townsfolk away, as opposed to them disappearing somewhere else. And, I figured if we're going to make a wall, we're going to do it right. Hence the large slabs of rock. That wooden fort they have just won't cut it any more... not against anything significant."

He looks at the slabs of stone, and then the other slabs behind him (some three dozen slabs), and sighs. "I know it's not a perfect plan, but I figure it'll help stem the loss of people while we figure out what happened to those already missing. I also have instructed our last party member, Vyn, to follow Ashlee, keep her safe. The people seem to trust her, so I want her well-protected. If you want to re-examine the folks and the evidence, feel free. The house of the most recent 'abductee,' for lack of a better word, looks to be in pristine condition, with no traces of magic or foul play. Let me know what you find out."

With that, he moves to another pile of rock and starts arranging pieces and parts where he would like them to sit.

Tajdi
2006-11-27, 01:56 PM
Kaliand'r and the "tree-huggers" follow the pixie until their path leads to a dead body. As the pixie disappears, Kali walks closer to the body. Motioning or his two companions to pause he goes to investigate the body.

"He is not human, perhaps a half orc..but the wings..? He is a demi breed of some sort. Why would the pixie lead us here?"

Kaliand'r looks back up at Drak'tek, to see if he has any suggestions.

{OOC: Any checks to see how or why he died? Or if there's any significance to the area?}

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-27, 02:22 PM
Vvaren tryed to look unimpressed but failed miserably "Nice trick Dano looks like you have everything under control here and I'll trust that you inspected the villagers enough and your travle in fours thing sounds good too. Do you need any help with anything else? Fenrisar please remind me to return Ashlee's book before we leave.

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 02:44 PM
Dano

"No, I don't need any more help with what I'm doing... it's not really something you can help with. But, like I said, if you want to help Vyn make sure Ashlee is safe, that'd probably be where I'd like you to go. Security around this place is going to be our biggest concern until the wall is finished. If you have a way of providing overwatch to the entire village itself, I'd suggest doing that instead."

Cows Go Rawr
2006-11-27, 05:08 PM
"I can fly but i doubt i can watch the entire boarder so i will go return this book to the cleric and watch her for a while please be quick with your wall we should start our search elsewhere." With that Vvaren turned back the way he came and returned to the church, but didn't enter Vvaren just waited outside and made sure that no one suspicious entered.

Gradius
2006-11-27, 05:25 PM
Garath chuckled a little as he set yet onther massive pile of stone and ore into place. He wasn't even tiring, with that incredible constitutions of his, not to mention the magical ways of Dano.

"Dano, that vampire is the most vulnerable of our group. He falls from the mere light of day. Though I supose he could remain in my shadow for thos times!"

Garath let out a booming laugh as he picked up another another slab and began to walk to his partner.

"The tree-huggers are unknowns to me, but they seem to care far too much about their nature for our own good. That's the problem though, my friend. I only know of your powers and faults. I know nothing of the others. I supose I knw my own, but my mind has likely barred the idea of a fault from my ability."

The half dragon laughed again as he continued with his work, not even bothering to wait for a reply from Dano. He held no ill will to any of his party members, he merely enjoyed a good laugh every once in a while. While he had no shready of humanity within his scaled body, he had fought against and with many of their kind, being able to pick up some of their traits along the way.

Knight13
2006-11-27, 05:57 PM
Drak'teks hands go to his weapons.

"He looks like a half-dragon, like myself. But, who or what killed him?"

Drak'tek searches to area around the body to discover whether anyone else has been in the area or for any other signs of what happened.

Survival: (1d20+20=33) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746810)

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 08:05 PM
Dano

The man chuckles as he listens to his friend talk. "Sometimes, I wonder if you are more human than many of us... " He speaks more to himself than his friend, letting his comment drift off as he sees the brute run off at full speed with well over fifty thousand pounds of material in his arms like it was nothing. He walks over to the next cluster of rock and sets to work on it.

Gradius
2006-11-27, 08:21 PM
(Telepathy)
"There is a fine line to most things, I've seen them crossed many times. Though I may not be human, I try to act as though I was, hoping to calm those I see, and attract less hatred. Over the centuries, it has become habbit. I'm sure you remember. When we first met, I was almost ready to comit a genocide just to find a bit of peace. But, it would seem that if even one of you humans is decent, you can save face for the rest of you."

Garth chuckled as he tossed another slab of rock into place. He had a great arm for anything. He was incredibly powerful, he had the dexterity of a cat, and he was a tank for all things. This man seemed perfect in every way. Once the initial fright was over, he was a very nice person, that had a powerful persona. Only Dano knew the full story.

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 08:50 PM
Dano

"Yes, and I remember teaching you that death cannot bring one true peace. Do you ever grow weary of this endless battle, Garath? The one where we have to protect those who cannot protect themselves? Do you ever think it will come to an end, and we can finally rest?"

Gradius
2006-11-27, 09:00 PM
"Nay, it won't end. Not as long as the people do not stand up and tend for themselves. If we ever hope to rest, it will be a long, taxing time for us beforehand. We need to teach the weak to grow strong, and fight with all their might. Then we might have a year or two off."

Garath understood Dano's plight. Both of them were very similar, but Garath knew the difference with ease. Another war was going to break out, maybe then he could have the smell of blood on his claws once again.

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 09:40 PM
Dano

"So what do we do for these people? How can we teach them to fight the battle against something which they cannot see or hear?"

Gradius
2006-11-27, 09:45 PM
Garth smiled as he approached Dano once again, the rock already set in place.

"We teach them with example. We cannot hide it from view any longer. The people need to know what is out there and become strong enough to face it. A goblin can crush a dragon, but only if he works hard enough. People say my talents are natural, and I don't deserve my power. Lies. I earned every once of this might, by surviving in this world. The world that wanted my death so baddly."

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 09:57 PM
Dano

"And the world that succeeded in mine." Dano speaks quietly, sighing as he watches his friend work. "Do you think our suffering has a purpose though? Do you really think they are learning?" His voice takes on a bitter tone, his voice is raised slightly. "I have lived longer than any man should live. I will continue to live longer than any man shall live. Why can't they learn? Why can't humankind take an ounce of responsibility? Why must the few suffer so the majority can continue their lives cattle? Cattle, Garath! That's what they all are!" He exaggerates his movements now, becoming quite animated and clearly upset.

He drops to his knees, holding himself. "I don't know how much longer I can do this, Garath. I'm not a man anymore. I'm a monster."

Gradius
2006-11-27, 10:04 PM
"You are no monster Dano. Remember me in that last war? That was monsterous. I didn't stop. We had won, but I just couldn't stop. I let my cruel half take control, and I slaughtered them all. You couldn't stop me in time..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 10:20 PM
Dano

He looked up at his friend, his eyes a solid black. He didn't know how to respond. His friend was vicious, cruel, and ruthless on the battlefield. He had the scars to prove it. "We both have done horrible things in the name of justice and righteousness. Your pureblood brethren can attest to that."

Gradius
2006-11-27, 10:23 PM
"True, but this is the sad truth. If we turned the other cheek and decided to live for evil, the world would likely sit in the palms of our mighty hands. Simply because so many people are not willing to work hard and fight with their all."

Garath picked up another slab as he began to run off again, having some fun, by hurling it into the air and catching it.

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 10:28 PM
Dano

"Showoff..." He mutters as he stands back up, and walks over to the pile of rock. Self-pity never did him or anyone else any good. Mentally reprimanding himself for his careless slip, he sets to work on the stone again. "So who do you think is doing this? Do you think it's one of your bloodline?"

Gradius
2006-11-27, 10:30 PM
"Nay. Dragons have better things to do. There are small sects that aid humans, but this is not a dragon matter."

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 10:36 PM
Dano

He ponders for a moment. "Then we have to establish who would have a vested interest in doing this. Any group you can think of?"

Gradius
2006-11-27, 10:39 PM
"Not to my memory. My only concern is that they are actually using the humans for something. A massive sacrofice, perhaps?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-27, 10:40 PM
"Perhaps, or perhaps to invoke fear in the nation. It's how terrorists work."

Gradius
2006-11-27, 10:43 PM
"Mere cowards? I don't think they know what they are getting themselves into. Perhaps I should let them capture me? I'd show them terror!"

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 08:38 AM
"Unless they got control of your mind. Then it'd be us who was seeing terror." He chuckles as he creates another segment of wall.

Gradius
2006-11-28, 11:22 AM
Garath was laughing as he returned to Dano, picking up yet another massive segment with on of his hands, and holding his stomache with another.

"The last thing any one of those acursed wizards wants to do is delve into my mind. They won't like what they see. Besides, don't you think you can depend on a will as great as mine?"

Garath began to head out again, the segment resting over his shoulder.

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 12:30 PM
"Oh, it's not your will that I question." He laughs as his friend trots off.

Gradius
2006-11-28, 01:15 PM
"I will choose to ignore the many implications that you had created from that statement. But I still feel we should worry more on the weaklings. That priestess, she is not nearly as powerful as ours, is she? I couldn't tell from my flight point, but still... I would enjoy speaking to her, from for a time."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 03:38 PM
"She isn't weak, by any means. The power of Pelor flows through her, and he does much to protect his priestess. But, we are doing what we can to ensure the saftey of the villagers with this wall. Hopefully, it will buy us the time we need."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 03:56 PM
"I was wondering. What exactly did you tell the people of that village. When I got to the mine there was not one person even slightly worried about a massive draconic monster stomping his way over to their mine. Not that I mine great Dano, but it seems to be a bit... strange to say the least. Normally, I have to have to deal with a great deal of distrust between me and the people I meet. Just look at our group. They thought I was serious about set that forest aflame... Well, maybe I was... a little."

Garath simply set the next piece into place and continued his work. This was so simple, but he had to admit, the miners would never be able to do such a feat. How amusing.

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 05:11 PM
"I told them that we were here to help, and that you were my friend." His message was pretty much that... little more needed to be said. He trusted Garath with his life, and he had done just that in the recent past.

Gradius
2006-11-28, 07:12 PM
The massive man roard in his laughter from hearing his greatest friend's response. It was simple, like things should be.

"The priestess is kind-hearted then. I've never before had such an instantanous acceptance to a place. Most certainly not when I was last in this country."

Knight13
2006-11-28, 07:29 PM
"I have found tracks much like the ones left by the shapeshifting dragon. It is probably what did this to this soldier. Perhaps we should take the body back to the town."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 09:48 PM
"She is, at that. But I believe it's because the letter we were sent with that carried the most weight. Without it, we would have an uphill battle." A blink later, and a good many more slabs are next to him, waiting for pickup.

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:08 PM
"Do you think the others are even doing anything worthwhile? I have not bothered to communicate with them for a while. Wait... they are following you plan, right?"

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:14 PM
"Yes. They are all on their own assigned tasks. Vyn and Vvaren are watching over Ashlee, and our two tree-loving friends are scouring the woods trying to find any clues as to the villagers' disappearances. That leaves you and me building this wall."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:22 PM
"Did you forget. I was certain there was at least one other your brought. I didn't care much, so I didn't bother to get aquainted."

Garth picked up another slab and got to work.

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:24 PM
"I haven't heard from them since the initial meeting. As far as I'm concerned, they've abandoned the king's request, thus I don't mention them in the plans."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:26 PM
"So.... What if I find them? And restrictions, my friend? You know me. Those who abandon better have a good reason. I kill traitors."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:28 PM
"These are not traitors, Garath. Merely cowards and children. A greater punishment than death it will be, their living on knowing they abandoned the king in their time of need. If we find them to be tied to this, then I will not stay your hand in their demise."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:31 PM
"You are too benevilent for your own good. One of these days, it's going to get you killed. But, if you really think killing them isn't fair... You take all the fun out things sometimes. Betrayal to one's ally is a horrible thing. For now, the King is our ally."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:36 PM
"Yes yes... I have already died two-dozen times because of my benevolance. Or have you forgotten?" He quirks up an eyebrow at the half-dragon. "Either way, if the king designates them as enemies of the state and contacts our church to find them and bring them to justice, that will be his call. Chain of command, remember?"

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:40 PM
"I remember a day when a man could use common sense to right what was once wrong. A day when I didn't listen to you. But, that was around the same time those orcs tried to capture and sell me as a slave. Hm... Weighing..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:43 PM
"When it's just you and me, our actions are guided by my god's hand. But now that we are following the orders of the church, and through them the king, we have to abide by their rules. Wholesale slaughter isn't on the list of 'things you can do when you get mad.' Just be patient my friend... we're probably better off without them anyway."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:44 PM
"Yes, but do you know how long it's been since a good battle. No matter how you think, my heritage needs the fight..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:46 PM
"Yes, I know. I'm sure there will be something that will give you an adequate challenge in this venture. Someone's taking these people..." He drifts off and he laughs a little. "Gods, I pity them when we find them."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 10:49 PM
"I don't. I have thin line here. To do this is a crime. We have been sent to corect these fools. I only hope there is a wizard among them..."

Wraithkin
2006-11-28, 10:51 PM
Dano halts what he's doing and looks at his friend quizzically. "A wizard? Ah, yes. Yeah, but then we wouldn't have any evidence to bring back to the king."

Gradius
2006-11-28, 11:08 PM
"Yeah, but it would make it so much easier to fight. You know my feelings towards that scum. They spend this time trying to perfect an art that is simply evil. Sorcerers are bad, but they are cursed with the power. I understand it all too well."

Wraithkin
2006-11-29, 12:31 AM
"Not all wizards are scum, Garath. Just because one ... did what he did doesn't make them all bad. There are many who fight on our side... some who are members of our church."

Gradius
2006-11-29, 01:02 AM
"Scum is scum, Dano. Always remember that. If there is one thing that you cannot change, it is my hatred of wizards. It is a part of who I am."

With that, Garath headed off to complete his work.

Wraithkin
2006-11-29, 08:46 AM
The conversation wasn't a new one for the duo. He only hoped that if they encountered a junior wizard in their travels that Garath wouldn't lose his temper. Not all wizards were evil, and Garath knew that. But his dislike for the practice caused him to override his better judgement. Maybe there was something he could do to show Garath there was a way to coexist with the arcane type. "I know... I know."

Tajdi
2006-11-29, 03:15 PM
Kaliand'r

Kaliand'r searches the body. It appeared the man was beaten severely by something rather large, though it looks like he just wandered here and died.
Perhaps the cold got him in the end, and as he examined the body he noticed a wound in the back of the body's neck. It has small shards of a green material in it, other than that Kaliand'r fiound that he appears to be just a captain in Pitra's army.

Kaliand'r peered closer at the green material but couldn't discern it. Shaking his head he looked up. "Agreed, let's bring the body back. Someone else may be able to do something about it. The fey may still know more, but for now, they have shown us this. This dragon may be the cause. Hmm." His words trail off as he wonders. He motions for his raptor to come as he lays the stricken body across its back. "We must be quicker, now the sun will not stay up much longer. It will be nightfall when we reach the village. Let us go."

With that, Kaliand'r, the raptor with the captains body strewn over, the construct and Drak'tek along with his animal companion made haste back towards the camp.

Fuzzball
2006-11-29, 03:29 PM
Kaliand'r and Drak'tek arrive at the edge of the town around sunset. Garath spots them as he comes down to drop another section of wall in place.

Gradius
2006-11-29, 04:27 PM
"So, Dano tells me I'm supposed to be all peaceful, and the tree-huggers get to have all the fun? Whatever, what the hell happened to the two of you? And what's with the body?"

Tajdi
2006-11-29, 05:08 PM
Kaliand'r raises his brow. He did not like the term 'tree-hugger' as though he had an affinity for flora, he knew the term was derogatory. Simply another reason he would consider the two men's future very carefully.

"The body is that of a guard. Dead, in the forest. We were lead to the human by the fey who reside within near, but I cannot rule out their involvement with the disappearances. There is as well, what appears to be a shape shifting...dragon kind among the forest here. Another who may be causing the human's plight..."

Kaliand'r awaited to see if any response would come, from his companion Drak'tek..or the..other.

Gradius
2006-11-29, 05:30 PM
Garath nodded as he closed his eyes for a moment, regaining his focus and telepathicly sending a message to Dano.

"Dano, tree-huggers found one hell of a clue. I sujest you teleport over hear to work on it. I'll teleport back to the stone and keep building. Our need for this wall has risen."

Knight13
2006-11-29, 06:14 PM
"I found the tracks of the shape-shifter near the body, I suspect that it killed him. Also, I doubt he had this form to begin with."

Drak'tek indicates the green skin and wings.

"I think something transformed him."