PDA

View Full Version : PF: Paladin In Creation

Man With Dog
2013-02-21, 02:57 PM
So...
I am making a Paladin for a game and have Level 6 gold to go with.
Thats 16,000gp.
Stats are 20pt buy and i think i have an idea of whereabouts im heading with it.
I want to DPS without dying but guess i will choose one or the other:
Str: 18
Con: 13
Dex: 12
Int: 13
Wis: 8
Cha: 15

Was going with Paladin of Vengeance for the extra smite usage and one of my early feats will end up being Extra LoH to make use of that (or make use of more healing if needed)
Looking at gear for starters.
+2 Full Plate (or +1 with Light Fort)
+1 2HWeapon
+2 Belt of Giant Str
As far as i see thats close to 11,000gp spent.

With the little left over i was wondering if amulet of Nat Armour, Headband of Cha, Pearl of Power, Ring of Sustenance, Bigger Weapon, Better Armour etc but i couldnt really decide and was hoping maybe someone out there would take a look at my current thought process.

Am building him at level 8 (with lvl 6 gold) so any idea's (even if you think the whole build so far sucks and can think of a much more effective guy. feel free to show your idea)

All idea's greatly received :smallsmile:

Man With Dog
2013-02-21, 05:40 PM
There isnt much oif a cap on books but obscure things will need to be run by the DM - and the one thing i know were not allowed is the new races - only standard races

avr
2013-02-21, 08:58 PM
A composite longbow built for a +4 strength bonus is 500 GP; sure, you may be a melee oriented character but it pays to have the option available.

If you're using the paladins mount divine bond it might not be a bad idea to equip it with some barding.

A quick runner's shirt (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/shirt-quick-runners) gives you an extra move action 1/day.

& yes, a pearl of power (1st level) is a good investment for a paladin.

Generally I'd find a bunch of minor items like this which broaden your abilities more useful than one more 4K item which deepens your abilities.