PDA

View Full Version : Battle Jump Ruling

Sugashane
2013-02-21, 04:56 PM
I have a large character who is utilizes the Power Attack+ Heedless Charge+Leap Attack (then Combat Brute next round) combination, and I am looking into taking Battle Jump for my next feat.

Here's the ruling for Battle Jump:
"You can execute a charge by simply dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent. For example, a ledge 10 feet above the floor of a cavern would suffice for jumping on a Medium-sized creature, while a ledge 15 feet high is required for a jumping on a Large creature."

What would the DC be for my character to be able to active this feat on his charge? High jumping has the DC of desired height*4= DC. But I am not trying to reach a high point so I don't know if the DC would be the same.

Thanks for the help?

Gazzien
2013-02-21, 05:00 PM
You 'fall' from the apex (high point) of your jump back to the ground, by a physics perspective. So the point you try to jump to would be a bit of dust in the air around that point, or something equally as abstract. So you'd need to jump to the minimum height for Battle Jump. 10 ft for medium (DC 40), 15 for large (60), etc.

Deaxsa
2013-02-21, 07:42 PM
"as you have to hurl yourself down on your foe."

i'd rule that you can only use this feat if you are jumping downwards, and only if you are only moving downwards for the entire duration of the 'jump'. )more of a controlled fall powered by your legs) However, under these conditions, you'd be able to apply jump attack and stuff.

Sugashane
2013-02-21, 08:04 PM
"as you have to hurl yourself down on your foe."

i'd rule that you can only use this feat if you are jumping downwards, and only if you are only moving downwards for the entire duration of the 'jump'. )more of a controlled fall powered by your legs) However, under these conditions, you'd be able to apply jump attack and stuff.

That's the thing though. You don't "jump" down. Jumping is springing off the ground or other foundational object. Unless you find a way to put your feet above you somehow, which would require a tumble check more than a jump check.

Hurl, on the other hand, can mean to "throw" yourself with great force through the air, or to move with a lot of speed, which is done in a charge and leap attack, particularly a 750 pound being charging at 100 ft in 6 seconds.