PDA

View Full Version : Bhaakon's RotRL IC

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bhaakon
2013-03-23, 09:23 PM
City

Technically, it wasn't Alera's turn yet, so I'll count that as her next turn's actions

"YAAAAOOOOOW!!!" Howls the goblin in front of the closet as Eli's summoned snake strikes. The little humanoid dances around shaking his leg until the viper releases its hold on his heel, then angrily jabs at the serpent with his dogslicer to keep it at bay. His string of goblin curses is cut short by Alera, whose force bolt catches the enraged monster square in the jaw.

Behind him, a second goblin emerges from the hole in the floorboards and climbs over poor Alergast's corpse.

Under the floorboards, the third goblin scrambles to follow Alera. There are no shortage of chinks in the rough-hewn plank floor, as the young sorceress discovers when a wickedly sharp goblin blade pierces the sole of her boot.

@Alera
1 damage

Halae
2013-03-23, 09:49 PM
Eli

The snake dances around the blade before lunging once more towards the goblin - hopefully the poison takes, this time.

Eli, meanwhile, casts another spell, and the goblin beneath the floorboards should suddenly find his footing to be very slippery

The snake strikes again!
[roll0]
same shtick as before; 1 damage if it hits, and a DC 9 con damage poison

Eli, on the other hand, is casting grease. I figure if the goblin is able to stab upward through the floor boards, there's enough space to give me line of sight down there. If there isn't, I'm casting towards the closet, where the two goblins are rassling with the snake.

Rokku
2013-03-23, 11:09 PM
Alera yelps as the blade pricks her, and throws a sleep spell through the floorboards.

Zefir
2013-03-24, 06:11 AM
Seeing that the 'arcane' people should manage the goblin under them, Tequin goes for the closet, waiting in the door he holds up his holy symbol so all of his ally's can see it.

"Desna, help us. These descendant of Lamashtu try to hurt your followers. Give us the strength to end this."

Casting Bless.

Bhaakon
2013-03-24, 06:34 AM
City

Reeling from the blow of Alera's force missle, the snake-bit goblin stumbles forward and right back into striking range of Eli's viper. Once more the serpent strikes, and once more it digs its fangs into the goblin's scrawny leg. But this time the goblin does more than shake it off, he jabs the snake in the eye with his dogslicer, gouging out the sensory organ but leaving the summoned creature alive and angry.

While Tequin and Eli expend spells to hinder the goblins' movement and boost moral, Alera has an eye on ending the battle entirely. She casts the sleeping enchantment which proved so effective in the battle of the cathedral, and it does not disappoint. All three goblins go down snoring.

Without Kurambis around to clean up, finishing the sleeping goblins is messy work, particularly the one lying in a puddle of grease in the tight crawlspace, but you manage.

XP
200 each

stack
2013-03-24, 01:06 PM
Rath scans the modest waterfall carefully, eyeing paths down. "We can leave the horses with your man and scale down, if you are still game? Or we could try to go around, but we would lose time."tell me someone has rope?

Halae
2013-03-24, 02:14 PM
Eli

A few moments after the goblins go down, Eli releases his hold on the wounded snake so that it may go home to rest and recover. The killing though... He'll do that himself. The globes of acid he's capable of throwing are excellent for a coup de grace to the throat. He'll then take one of the crude doglicer weapons and collect their ears to show what happened to the sheriff. Besides, there is a bounty for these.

The summoner does his best to not look at Alergast's corpse during the task, but they'd have to address that soon. His... widow is still outside.

"Tequin, if you can, I'd like you to give Alergast his last rights. Alera, would you rather speak to his wife, or dispose of the goblins? I'll handle the other task." He's very clearly unhappy about this turn of events.

Cleavon
2013-03-24, 02:49 PM
Salek

Looking at the climb down Salek hoisted his rope from where it hung, tied to his Horses saddle. He tossed it down near the lip of the climb and nodded to Rath.

"We could head down and bring the beast back if he doesn't want to risk the climb as well. I think we can handle a boar."

Zefir
2013-03-25, 03:03 AM
Tequin nods. There isn't much to add right now.

He will observe the cropse and tries to make him look less mutilated as possible. After all it would be even wors if they see him in this state.

Heal check:[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-03-25, 03:23 AM
CITY

Tequin tries his best to patch poor Alergast back together, but the goblins seem to have consumed much of the missing flesh, and there's just not enough material to work with. Unable to make the corpse remotely presentable, the cleric at least has the tact to grab a scrap of cloth from the closer and drape it over the dead man's mangled face.

It's a good thing, because a huffing, wheezing Sheriff Hemlock bursts into the house a few moments later with the widow in tow. Immediately grasping the situation, the woman breaks down into an inconsolable wreck. Mercifully, she left her children outside, sparing them the sight of their dead father.

Bhaakon
2013-03-25, 03:45 AM
Hunt

"Ho-ho, you're a serious one! Yes, yes, by all means!" Replies Aldren with a jolly laugh. You're not sure how useful the man will be now that he's drained half a wineskin, but then he wasn't much use against the goblins dead sober.

You make the descent using Salek's rope. It's a bit of overkill given the scant 10 foot drop, but better safe than sorry. It's mid-afternoon as you untie yourselves and get to searching around the little hollow at the base of the dry falls. You'll have to find your prey soon if you want to be back before dark. Rath and Salek know the time pressure, and concentrate on the muddy ground in search for fresh spoor.

Unfortunately, their focus on the ground leaves them ignorant of the threat from above. A chitinous monstrosity releases its hold on a branch high in the canopy overhead, timing its fall to land on Salek's back. The giant tick succeeds, its reward is a mandible-full of flesh from the half orc's scalp, but the alert ranger manages to shake the dog-size bloodsucker off before it can secure its grasp.

@Salek
3 damage, and roll a fort save

The creature lands just a few feet from Rath, and leaps forward to lock itself around the gunslinger's leg. Finally securing a place on live prey, the tick begins feasting.

@Rath
2 HP damage, 1 Con damage, roll a fort save.

Also, you are grappled.

No map. Assume that you are within 5' of one another, near the base of the waterfall.

Cleavon
2013-03-25, 03:54 AM
Salek

Feeling himself throttled by the disgusting creature he tossed it off and growled in pain.

Fortitude save!

[roll0] Add +2 to the result if the attack is Poison or Disease!

As it grasped for Rath, Salek gave up a shout. He quickly grabbed for his axe and let the chitinous creature have it!

Attack!

[roll1]

[roll2]

stack
2013-03-25, 07:40 AM
fort [roll0]

grapple [roll1]

not built for grappling. Or melee. Or anything but shooting ineffectually. :smallbiggrin:

Rath let's out a grunt as he drops his musket and tries to pry the creature off his leg. Ticks. I hate ticks.

He manages to shout to Foxglove, "Stay back at look up."

Halae
2013-03-25, 12:44 PM
Eli

A curse is breathed out as the widow enters. Eli will gather up the goblins to take them outside to dispose of, but along the way, he'll say to both Alergast's wife and the Sheriff, "There was nothing we could do. He was gone before we arrived."

Once outside, he'll seek to give the goblins a shallow grave, assuming there's a shovel to be found in the area. All throughout, he works with a grim demeanor.

Bhaakon
2013-03-25, 06:39 PM
Hunt

Salek make a reckless attack with his axe, nearly chopping off Rath's leg in his attempt to smash the tick. Fortunately the gunslinger stumbles out of the way and the axe sinks deep into the mud.

Rath's near miss doesn't prevent him from grabbing the enormous parasite in both hands and ripping it free of his leg. Thankfully, unlike its normal-sized kin, the giant tick pulls away cleanly. Not so thankfully, that leaves it ready and able to continue its assault.

Rath broke the grapple and the tick missed its attack. Assume that it's adjacent to both of you.

__________________________________________________ __________

City

The scene seems to have broken the Sheriff from his stupor. "Don't worry about it," he whispers to you as the widow sobs over the body, tearing at her hair. "I can handle this part. Plenty of sad experience, care of the Chopper. She and the children can stay in the Cathedral until we can get word to her family. Best to leave her alone for the moment, though."

Cleavon
2013-03-25, 06:44 PM
Salek

His assault not relenting, and this time clear of possibly chopping Rath to bits, he swung his axe down again.

Attack!

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Rokku
2013-03-25, 08:57 PM
Alera puts her hand on the newly-widowed woman's shoulder.

"Sheriff," she says, "as soon as we can, we must track where these goblins are coming from, or I'm afraid incidents like this will keep happening."

stack
2013-03-26, 07:24 AM
Rath stumbles back, grasping for the shoulder strap attached to his gun's stock. He snaps it to his shoulder and fires a hurried shot downward. Maybe it will choke on the smoke.

5' step away, move to retrieve the musket, standard to fire
PBS included
[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Zefir
2013-03-26, 07:29 AM
Tequin leaves the dead body to the widow. All that should be sayd was sayd and Hemlock should be able to deal with thing.

Tequin will then go after Eli. He tries to stop him, befor he shoves the grave.

"Calm down Eli. There was nothing we made wrong. Leave these Goblins to the Sherrif, I don't think he wants to have goblin graves in the city. We should fokus on preventing futher death. Your the smartest one of us. What do you think we should do now?"

Bhaakon
2013-03-26, 08:19 AM
Hunt

Salek makes another ineffectual pass with his axe, but the miss gives Ratha a chance to dive for his musket. He levels the firearm and fires, blasting off one of the tick's legs. The injured insect shies away from the noise and pain, spoiling any chance of an attack

It missed. Salek is adjacent, Rath is 5' away.

stack
2013-03-26, 08:32 AM
Rath again drops his musket, this time drawing his forward-curved hunting knife. He glances over his shoulder to check on his employer before chopping down, hoping to hit armored head instead of skittering legs. Steel meets dirt as the tick shifts sideways and Rath blasphemes.

free to drop the musket, move to draw kukri, standard to attack
[roll0] forgot +2 for flanking, but it didn't matter
[roll1]

didn't want to waste time reloading

status Rath Shepard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=519453)
M NG Human Gunslinger (musket master), Level 1, Init +6, HP 9/12, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Capacity 1, misfire 1-2, +1/+1 inside 30' Musket (23, 3 alch) +5 (1d12, x4)
kukri +2 (1d4+1, 18-20x2)
chain shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

Halae
2013-03-26, 01:29 PM
Eli

Eli grunts, "Yeah, alright," He'll put the shovel back where he found it, seeming grim.

For a long moment, he seems hung up on the fact that he wasn't here to prevent Alergast's death, but after that moment he focuses, "There was three groups that got into the city. A group in a wagon, and two that came from other directions. The wagon provided the entry for one group, but that means it would have come in the front gate. What were the guards doing? Why didn't they handle it? Why didn't they sound the alarm. someone is pulling the strings there, and either got the guards taken away or got them not to focus on the wagon in question. And I think however the other goblins got in too, I assume they had help. Maybe a ladder to scale the wall."

"We need to talk to the guards from last night."

Rokku
2013-03-27, 03:01 AM
"Could they be coming from underneath the town somehow?" asks Alera, "it's just... unnerving, they way they were coming up from beneath the house like that."

Bhaakon
2013-03-27, 03:49 PM
Hunt

Rath drops his gun and whips out a kukri to finish the tick off, but the curved blade skids off the insect's touch exoskeleton and plunges harmlessly into the mud. Salek has no better luck, with his axe missing the overgrown parasite entirely.

The tick proves more adept in its strike, leaping up to Salek's shoulder and boring into the half orc's corded neck with its mouth parts.

@Salek
1 HP damage, 1 Con damage, grappled

The tick confirmed a crit and made his grapple check. It's now grappled and attached to Salek

stack
2013-03-27, 03:59 PM
Rath holds his blow, waiting for a clear swing.

give Salek a chance to grapple it off

[roll0] flank assumed
[roll1]

stack
2013-03-27, 04:01 PM
crit confirm[roll0] flank assumed
[roll1]

Cleavon
2013-03-27, 10:34 PM
Salek

As he attempted to kill the thing so that he could get it off of him he growled out in rage.

"Damnable Tickwood! This thing just won't die!"

He heaved against the creature, grasping at it trying his hardest to force it away from him.

Break Grapple
Result from OOC: 17

Bhaakon
2013-03-28, 01:33 AM
City

"I hope you're wrong about tunnels, Alera," Hemlock says gravely. "There are tales of old smugglers' warrens under the town, but me and my men have never found them. It's worth a look, but I think these three might have just been stragglers from the raid who went to ground when their escape was cut off."
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hunt

Salek gets a good grip onthe tick with his right arm and twists the thing off his left should with a pained grunt and spurt of blood. Rath jumps in to stab the thing's underbelly when it lands upside down, but his kukri only digs in a finger's span before the insect rights itself and leaps at the gunslinger and hugs his weapon-arm, digging in for another blood meal.

@Rath
Man, I'm rolling well: 1 HP damage, 1 con dmg for Rath, and grappled

Cleavon
2013-03-28, 01:47 AM
Salek

He put a hand to his neck, and it came back covered in blood. He groaned and hefted his axe as the thing lunged onto Raths arm.

"Hold still! I'll get this bugger!"

Salek chopped his axe down expertly, sure not to chop Raths arm off or anything.

Attack!

Luckily, no penalty for attacking into a grapple that I could find in the rules :D

Attack!
[roll0]

Damage!
[roll1]

Zefir
2013-03-28, 02:30 AM
"We should ask Hemlock about the guards firs. Maybe he can clear things faster then by asking around." Tequin says to Eli, while they are still outside.

stack
2013-03-28, 08:18 AM
Rath

"Blastedbloodyweorhtlessvermin!" Rath grabs at the creature's legs, trying to gain control so that he can bring his knife to bear.

grapple check [roll0] to grapple the tick so that next round he can attack w/ a light weapon

Bhaakon
2013-03-28, 02:58 PM
Hunt

Salek tries to knock the creature free from Rath, but misses once more. The gunslinger tries a different tact, this time tearing the parasite from his arm but not letting go. It thrashes wildly in his hand, straining the gunslinger's gasp.

Rath is now in control of the grapple

stack
2013-03-28, 03:19 PM
Rath

Grasping the overgrown tick with one hand, Rath attempts to plunge his curved knife into it's armored abdomen.

[roll0]
damage [roll1]

And is lucky not to cut his own arm off.

Cleavon
2013-03-28, 03:41 PM
Salek

Steeling his resolve, he saw Rath grab the thing. He hefted his axe.

"Hold it still, I'll get it!"

And his axe swings down, hoping that this will indeed be the time to destroy the wriggly little thing.

Attack!

Come on baby. Don't hurt me.

Attack!
[roll0]

Damage!
[roll1]

Halae
2013-03-28, 04:55 PM
Eli

The summoner nods to Tequin before turning towards the sheriff, "I agree; them being stragglers makes more sense if you've never found the smuggler tunnels. Either way, we need to take a look at the duty roster and find out who was working the gates last night. Tunnels or no, the issue of the wagon needs to be addressed."

Bhaakon
2013-03-28, 10:15 PM
Hunt

Rath keeps his grip on the tick and stabs away with his kukri, but the light blade lacks the momentum to pierce the thing's chitinous shell. Salek's weighty axe has more than enough of that particular property, tearing the tick from Rath's grasp and smashing it like a cockroach under a boot heel. Red ichor splatters the two warriors as the axe finishes the job, consisting largely of the two men's own blood.

By the time the pair are finished cleaning themselves and climbing back up to their horses, the sun is approaching the horizon. It's time to return to Sandpoint.

XP
200 Each

City

The Sheriff shakes his head, wrestling with choice of whether or not to let Eli question his own guardsmen. Finally, he decides, "The guards assigned to the north gate are the same as yesterday. Go and ask them your questions. I've told my men that you're working for me, but I can't guarantee that they'll be cooperative. Especially if you start throwing around accusations."

Halae
2013-03-28, 11:24 PM
Eli

Eli nods, "I hadn't intended to accuse them, especially not until we have a real chance to figure out what happened. Until I have all the details, I'm not condemning anybody. But nonetheless, thank you."

"You two coming?" If Alera and Tequin decide to come along, Eli won't object, but he also has no problem going on his own. Either way, he'll head next to the gate to find the guards there.

Zefir
2013-03-29, 04:26 AM
Tequin will follow and speak to Eli on the way.

"Try to remember, if any of them is what we think, we can't ask directly. We need to trick them and get our answers without them knowing."

stack
2013-03-29, 07:14 AM
HUNT

Rath wipes off what he can of the fluids, washing his hands with a splash of water from his canteen after. Noting the sun's fall, he returns to Foxglove's side. "Lost our light. Hope you liked the show, time to head back for today. I'll take that wine now." His face betrays a weariness born of blood-loss and disappointment.

Bhaakon
2013-03-29, 07:21 AM
City

Following Eli's lead, you make your way to the north gate. The portal is the only way through the solid stone wall protecting Sandpoint's only overland access.

Four guards stand flanking the opening, ready to collect a modest impost from merchants or to shut and bar the heavy oaken gates at a moment's notice. Others pace the top of the wall in pairs, eyes pealed for any threat. Those of you from Sandpoint know that it's unusual to see so many men on the wall; at least before last night's attack.

Cleavon
2013-03-29, 04:46 PM
Salek

Wiping the blood and ichor off his leathers he shook his head. As he coiled his rope around an arm he did his best to look strong and composed.

"Tickwood indeed. I'd still be willing to come out again another day. That boar can't have gotten too far. I was hoping to make a fine meal of him with you gents."

He took wine if it was offered, as he too felt the loss of blood, and the queasy feeling of having taken wounds. He pulled a bit of cloth from his horses pack and did his best to make himself look presentable on the ride back to Sandpoint.

Bhaakon
2013-03-30, 05:22 PM
City

Seeing the three of you loitering near the gate, the guard sergeant hollers, "Are you leaving, or just lookin', because this ain't no show! State your business or be on your way!"

Hunt

"Haha! That's the spirit," howls Aldren, handing Salek a fresh wineskin. "Don't feel too bad, it was quite a show, and the biggest game I've caught on a hunt in the better part of a year. Be sure to bring it back, so we can have it mounted," he chuckles, elbowing the morose Craesby. "We can pin it with a knitting needle," finished the soused nobleman, greatly amused with himself.

stack
2013-03-30, 08:14 PM
Rath starts to scowl, then looks at the tick, an over gorwn parasite hacked apart by blades as if it where a mighty predator. A smile starts small then spreads across his face as he gives a hearty laugh, taking a pull from the wineskin. "Aye, I know just the man in town to make a mighty mounting for it. Be the centerpiece of any greatroom!"

Halae
2013-03-30, 08:21 PM
Eli

Eli raises a hand, "We're working with the sheriff," he says simply, "I was wondering if you saw anything last night. Anything out of the ordinary, or that drew you away from the gate for a short while. We're trying to figure out how a wagon of goblins got into the city, and I think I've mostly pieced it together, but I need your help with this."

Diplomacy Check!
[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-03-30, 09:42 PM
City

"Now look here, I don't like the presumptions behind those questions! None of my boys were drinking or carousing during the festival, I made sure of it." The man pats a heavily knotted hempen rope dangling from his belt, a common instrument of discipline on seagoing vessels. It's not hard to imagine the salty old sergeant slapping it painfully across the back of a daydreaming guard.

"We stood here in our finest dress uniforms, pretty as can be. We don't collect the impost on holidays, so we just look imposing and wave through anyone who doesn't cause trouble." He puffs himself up like a bulldog before a fight, adding, "Mayor's orders."

Hunt

Aldren cracks a broad smile, pulling another wineskin from his saddlebags. "That's the spirit, my good man, that's the spirit! Now lets enjoy the trip back. I've already arranged for a fine feast at the Dragon, boar or no."

The trip back is slower than the ride out, but more jolly. At least Aldren seems less broken up about Alera declining to participate, and manages to stick to jaunty tales and jokes far less highfalutin than his earlier fumbling attempts at small talk.

It's getting on to sunset when you approach the north gate. Recognizing you, the guards wave you into town without any hassle. As you clear the gate you come upon Eli, Tequin, and Alera in a bit of a showdown with the blustering guard sergeant.

Halae
2013-03-30, 09:50 PM
Eli

Eli holds up a hand, "I'm not trying to accuse you or your men of anything; that's why I asked if you saw anything suspicious. Fair enough? I'm just interested in the safety of the town, same as you are."

DIPLOMACY
[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-03-30, 10:04 PM
"Aye, perhaps I spoke a bit out of turn. We're all on edge, considering," the sergeant offers up by way of apology.

"But I saw no one suspicious, or I'd have stopped them." He adds, "though if I'd ever imagined that some blackguard would stoop to smuggling in goblins, I'd have searched all the carts and wagons, suspicious or not."

Halae
2013-03-30, 10:14 PM
Eli

The half-drow nods, "In that case, do you remember any covered wagons? That's what the goblins came in on."

Bhaakon
2013-03-30, 11:02 PM
"Oh, aye. A score or more. All the caravans in Varisia run them," he offers. "I know the regular Lost Coast traders by sight, and all the townsfolk, but the festival draws in many new faces each year. You'll have to give me more to go on than just a covered wagon."

Zefir
2013-03-31, 04:47 AM
"The wagon must have smelled ugly, since we assume it kept the goblins for hours. "

Then another idea comes up and Tequin goes on.

"Are there any other ways to enter the ciry with a wagon?"

Bhaakon
2013-03-31, 05:00 AM
"Aye, either of the bridges can handle a wagon."

Cleavon
2013-03-31, 06:21 PM
Salek

Once inside the gates Salek swung himself down from his horse, not too wobbly though the wine skin he had been given was near empty. He tilted his head and listened to the questions his new friends were giving the guards.

He kept his horse by the reins and told Foxglove he would meet him at the tavern for that dinner he mentioned. He turned and kept close by, keeping quiet since he didn't know exactly the nature of their questioning but finding the sleuth work interesting. He wondered just what had gone on while they battled their mighty foe.

stack
2013-04-01, 07:47 AM
Rath

Excusing himself from Foxglove upon seeing the other 'heroes' at the gate, Rath sidles up to listen, a bit unsteady on his feet, uncut wine mixing poorly with blood loss.

Bhaakon
2013-04-02, 01:57 AM
"If you've nothing left to say, I've duties to attend and laggards to flog." Mutters the Sergeant as he turns back towards the gate.

stack
2013-04-02, 08:45 AM
Rath taps Eli on the shoulder as the guard leaves. "Find anything?"

Halae
2013-04-02, 10:08 AM
Eli

The half-drow has an unfortunate tendency to get lost in thought, doesn't he? Rath's question brings him back to the present though, "Hmm? No, unfortunately. Only that the mayor ordered that no impost on holidays, and that'd only leave him as pulling the strings enough for the goblins to come into town. But the pieces don't fit; why would he want the town to suffer? He's the mayor, after all." Eli begins walking away as he ruminates, not heading in any particular direction, "So why? Blackmail? Mental corruption? I know there's magic that can control the minds of others. Or am I missing something, and the mayor is innocent?"

stack
2013-04-02, 10:39 AM
Rath takes the report in slowly. "So...if it was known there was no impost...then why assume the mayor was involved at all. Anyone could come in, not likely they would search all the wagons, or any with so much traffic. Word would have gotten around, have to so traders would know to come..."

"Well, we know now to look up in the tickwood, so at least someone learned something."

"It might be time for me to turn in."

Halae
2013-04-02, 10:42 AM
Eli

the summoner lets out a sigh, "I just don't have enough information to run with. I guess I need to just relax for now." he looks at the group gathered here, "Want to head to the Dragon for some food and drink?"

stack
2013-04-02, 10:52 AM
Rath wobbles a bit. "Maybe had enough drink."

Zefir
2013-04-02, 01:14 PM
"Well, we should tell you that we caught a few Goblins in a house."

Tequin says as the others arrive. Then he turns to Alera.

"I think they just hide in the buildings roof as Hemlock said. Thy just seem to hide after the raid failed."

Cleavon
2013-04-02, 03:37 PM
Salek

Listening to what everyone had to say, Salek looked rather worried by the fact that they had encountered more goblins inside the city.

"Well, we can still try and track 'em..hasn't rained yet since we found those tracks...we suren gots to find out if they did stay in the city and hide..or if they came in again."

He nodded as if his sage-like drunken wisdom was spot on.

"Foxgloves drunk at the Dragon..plenty of food to be had and drink as well he says...maybe we press on in the morning after a good meal then eh?"

Rokku
2013-04-02, 08:56 PM
"I fear if we wait any longer there will be no trail to follow," says Alera, "and I still want to make certain the goblins didn't enter that home from below."

Halae
2013-04-03, 03:31 AM
Eli

The mage looks at Salek and Rath with a frown, "We need time for our two trackers to get past the alcohol they've been drinking, and I'm fairly certain the sheriff will be pursuing the potential tunnel in the house we visited earlier. At the moment, we're effectively stuck.

stack
2013-04-03, 07:12 AM
Rath

"Tunnel? There's a tunnel? Can't hurt to look. Worst the sheriff can do is tell us to move on, right?"

Zefir
2013-04-03, 12:37 PM
Tequin shakes his head in defence.

"We don't know if there are any tunnels right now. We only heared that there are rumors about them. Up to now, the goblins we met could be a groupe of the raid and after things get bad they hide in the house we found them."

May I ask how the 'hunter' look? I didn't note all the numbers.

Halae
2013-04-03, 02:01 PM
Eli

To my knowledge, they look drunk, pale, and woozy from blood loss. Or, depending on how perceptive you are, just really, really drunk.

"I don't think it's wise to check just yet. Rather and Salek need some rest, and Kurambis won't be returning until tomorrow"

Eli, for his part, assumes they both just horribly drunk.

Rokku
2013-04-03, 03:22 PM
"Well at the least I'm going to go see if the Sheriff has found anything," says Alera, "and see the rest of you in the morning."

And off she goes.

stack
2013-04-03, 03:54 PM
Rath follows Alera, still unsteady but unwilling to turn in while the others still work, especially after taking the day to go hunting instead of helping solve the mystery.

Bhaakon
2013-04-03, 04:15 PM
Alera, Rath, and anyone who follows them make their way to the garrison, where the guard lieutenant on duty tells them that the Sheriff has gone home for the day. "You should have seen the look on his face when Mayor Deverin herself marched in and ordered him to bed," says the guardsman. "Couldn't tell if he was furious or relieved."

He goes on, "He had some of the boys pulling apart that house all afternoon, and they didn't find any tunnels. Looks like the goblins just hid there after the raid went sour."

Zefir
2013-04-03, 04:22 PM
Tequin will try to grab Rath before he goes away. and looks at him with a very seriouse face.

"You better come with me. Whatever bite you in the feet looks bad. She will tell us all we need to know when your not drunken anymore."

Not sure how much hurt Salek is, but Tequin will look at him as well. "You, too."

Cleavon
2013-04-03, 05:36 PM
Salek

Shrugging his shoulders at Tequin, he looked between himself and Rath. They both looked a little worse for wear, and he had lost a bit of blood but he wasn't feeling too badly. That may be the wine talking but...well. maybe Tequin was right. The big bald half-orc turned and nodded to him.

"You're probably right...we did get scraped up back there. Lost a bit of blood to a damnable tick too. I'm sure we'll be able to regroup in the morning once everyone is rested and back on their feet.."

His speech wasn't quite so slurred as Raths might be, but he still forfeited to Tequin and allowed the man to take him back to the inn.

stack
2013-04-03, 08:02 PM
Rath looks a bit indignant at Tequin's restraint. "I'm still walking and talking. Besides, need some cold air to sober up. Can't let auntie see me like this." He shrugs the hand off and follows Alera, giving Salek a nod as he goes.

Halae
2013-04-04, 01:03 AM
Eli

Eli will follow the other men back to the tavern. He needs time to ruminate on the situation, and he's hungry besides.

Zefir
2013-04-04, 05:10 AM
As Rath refuse the help, Tequin won't ush it any futher. The man is drunken and may act violent if he doesn't pay attention. maybe if he would know him better he would try to hold him back.

"You still shouldn't overstrain yourself." he gives Rath as advice befor heading to the inn with the others.
Heal check[roll0]
just to make sure the Con damage heals over time, since he can't heal it right now.

Bhaakon
2013-04-04, 05:45 AM
Tequin spends a few moments looking over Selak, confirming the ranger's impression that the blood loss is nothing a good meal and a full night's rest won't fix. Not wanting to offend Aldern (or turn down a free feast) the pair join Eli in heading for the Rusty Dragon.

The group finds the place in significantly better spirits than the night before. There's a buzz in the air, and it's not just the fat horseflies whirling through the cloud of pipe-smoke. People are out letting of steam from the previous day's events, drinking, gossiping, carousing, and drinking some more. The pair of broken stools and small pile of crockery shards in the corner testifies to at least one bar fight already, a rare event before sundown even for an establishment with the Dragon's rowdy reputation.

Aldren Foglove has managed to reserve an entire trestle table for the group, and the old halfling waitress is directing cadre of servers as they load it with sizzling platters of food and pitchers of ale.

"Oh, t'was quite a sight!" Aldren tells Ameiko, who does her best to feign interest "a tick the size of this platter, here, locked on Salek's neck like a drunken Calistrian. Or was is an angry Calistrian? Well, whichever. And the big man rips it off like its was nothing. AH! Salek, come show the lady your hic... er, wound."

Cleavon
2013-04-04, 06:13 AM
Salek

As they entered the Dragon, the Half-Orcs eyes scanned the place for a few moments, his wine addled senses taking in the smoky haze. When he saw the plates of food and pitchers strewn over the table his belly rumbled and he quickly made his way over.

He heard Alderns boisterous re-telling of what transpired in the Tickwood and Salek shook his head.

"A monstrous thing it was. Luckily it only took a few good whacks to get it to quit biting and kicking. Unfortunately it got a bit of myself and Mr. Sheppard before it was done. It did give me a good bite, but I had my friend here take a look at it and all should be well."

He didn't actually show Ameiko the wound, but it was a fairly obvious thing..cleaned up a bit but not covered by a bandage at the moment.

stack
2013-04-04, 07:00 AM
Alera, Rath, and anyone who follows them make their way to the garrison, where the guard lieutenant on duty tells them that the Sheriff has gone home for the day. "You should have seen the look on his face when Mayor Deverin herself marched in and ordered him to bed," says the guardsman. "Couldn't tell if he was furious or relieved."

He goes on, "He had some of the boys pulling apart that house all afternoon, and they didn't find any tunnels. Looks like the goblins just hid there after the raid went sour."

Rath shrugs. "False trail. Happens. Let's go eat, see if anyone has other ideas."

Bhaakon
2013-04-05, 12:10 PM
Rath and Alera make their way to the Dragon, walking briskly through the cool Autumn evening, arriving to find the feast well under way. Aldren smiles broadly as Alera enters, turning his attention from Ameiko (and allowing the barkeeper to slink away from her best paying, most annoying customer unnoticed).

"Ah, Alera," he begins, "I was just regaling our fine host (where did she go off to) with tales about our hunt! It was a most harrowing experience. Why, Good Rath here was very nearly--"

He's interrupted as an older Tian man bursts through the main entrance of the Dragon, rattling the inn's timbers with the force of the door hitting the wall. The crowd instantly hushes as the locals recognize Longiku, the notoriously surly patriarch of the Kaijitsu family. He scans the bar, barking out something not-very-pleasant sounding in a language he don't recognize,. before his eyes lock on your table.

"You!" He growls, "I've heard about you. The gang of rank amateurs blundering around trying to do the business of the town guard! It's only a matter of time before you get in the way of the professionals and someone gets killed."

"Now hold it right there, sir..." Aldren tries to interrupt.

But Longiku has no interest in holding his tongue. He continues, "Or maybe it's already happened. Perhaps poor Alergast Barett would still be alive if his dear, foolish wife has cried for the nearest guardsman instead of tracking down you... wandering vagrants." He literally spits the last words out, showering Salek with spittle.

stack
2013-04-05, 12:19 PM
Rath, tired, annoyed, and tipsy, gives the man a cool look before speaking softly and coldly. "Yes, wandering vagrants, some of whom have lived here our entire lives. Wandering vagrants that killed how many goblin intruders? How many did your blade claim? So, unless you have business, kindly leave us to ours."

He pointedly turns back to the table, not awaiting a response.

Bhaakon
2013-04-05, 12:25 PM
Longiku harrumphs and rolls his eyes at Rath's predictable response. "Yes, I recognize you... recognize that you foist your sisters off on your uncle so that you can go gallivanting around the forest. Seems like a wandering vagrant to me."

stack
2013-04-05, 12:37 PM
Rath stands, walking slowly over to Ameiko, a fire mouldering in his eyes. "Ameiko, I will not disrespect you by insulting your father here, but must say his behavior may be bad for business."

Halae
2013-04-05, 02:14 PM
Eli

Eli looks over at the man, "And I'm a summoner who uses my Eidolon as a dock worker, as I have for months now. It's productive, I'm no vagrant, and I'm certainly not wandering. As for Alergast, that's hardly our fault. I understand you want someone to blame, but the people actually trying to help shouldn't be your target."

Let's try a diplomacy roll, shall we?
[roll0]

Cleavon
2013-04-05, 05:16 PM
Salek

Draining the cup in his hand, he had scarcely set it down and picked up a leg of roast meat when the door burst open. He set the food down as the bellowing man emerged, and as he turned he found his face showered with spittle.

Saleks hand came up and wiped the moisture away as he stood. Looking at the man with a rather appraising eye he listened to what his companions had to say on the matter before bothering to speak to the angry man.

"Well, nice to meet you as well! Sorry if we stepped on your toes but you forget yourself, sir. Perhaps we can all speak some time when you're not frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog, hmm?"

Halae
2013-04-05, 05:23 PM
Eli

A deep crease forms within the room. It's a visible thing, detectable to any of those who care to look. This cavernous thing has formed upon the grey-ish skin of Eli's forehead, as he looks towards Salek with an expression that can be summed up as "You idiot."

Rokku
2013-04-05, 05:36 PM
Alera groans and rubs her temples. What a wonderful end to a wonderful day.

"Mister Kaijutsu," she says, "we are acting at the direct request of Sheriff Hemlock, whose men are stretched thin since yesterday's tragedy. Take this up with him, or better yet, direct your energy and resources towards the recovery effort rather than thoughtless finger pointing. I can assure you, the Valdemar family is doing exactly that."

Bhaakon
2013-04-05, 09:53 PM
"Oh, so now you're that bumpkin 'Hemlock' has turned over his authority to you? I knew the Shaonti were laggardly by nature, but I'd hoped he'd prove an exception. He even went and took a properly civilized name. The blood will out, I suppose. I'd complain to Mayor Deverin, but after this last disaster I think it's time that I move the family to Magnimar for good. There's no reason to stay in a town that turns to dregs like you to handle the guards' rightful duties." He huffs, working himself into a lather impervious to reasoned arguments.

"And you," he whirls on Salek, "I'll not hear of rabid dogs from a man bearing stench enough to kill one. Have they even heard of soap where you're from, or is hygiene merely a half-remembered legend used to frighten filthy half-breed children up after their bed time?"

The old man draws a deep breath for another round of insults, but he's interrupted when Ameiko runs out of the kitchen, still-dripping ladle in hand. "What's that ruckus? Don't make me toss you out on ear like..." her shouted threat dies in a whimper as she recognizes her father as the source of the disturbance. Immediately the two begin a heated back-and-forth in a foreign tongue.

Cleavon
2013-04-06, 12:01 AM
Salek

Raising a finger in angry rebuttal, Salek almost got a word out before Ameikos voice came into the equation. When she began to speak to her father in a heated language foreign to his ears he clenched his fist and turned to sit, tearing into the feast before him, muttering the entire time.

"Of all the...stupid..idiotic...accusing...bah..damn lummox..best watch who he insults...only trying to help...curses..."

Zefir
2013-04-06, 04:06 AM
Tequin observes the scene.

"First of Mister, it's not our fault that te Goblins attack. At least we are all humans and not gods."

Then Ameiko and the man fall into some kind of discussion in a foreign language. Tequin's attention goes to Salek.

"Calm down, this man seems to be angry even before he came here. It's only his anger speaking."

Halae
2013-04-06, 04:21 AM
Eli

Eli rolls his eyes, ignoring the argument between Ameiko and her father, "Tequin's right; we've done nothing wrong, so for all his bluster, Mr. Kaijutsu is just blowing hot air. Unless he starts attacking someone - something I doubt - We'd get in more trouble for trying to show him out than we would just ignoring him."

"I have to admit though, it's kind of interesting how polarizing opinions of us are."

stack
2013-04-06, 12:46 PM
Figuring Ameiko has matters in hand, Rath returns to the table and takes a bite of bread, unsure his stomach is ready for anything heavier, while ignoring the continuing disturbance.

Bhaakon
2013-04-06, 04:18 PM
The argument seems to reach a crescendo when Ameiko switches back to the common tongue. "If I'm such an embarrassment, then flee to Magnimar to be alone with your account books and your opium. At least you can't drive them into another man's arms, like mother." She pointedly turns her back to her father.

Longiku, enraged by the taunt, growls and grabs Ameiko by the hair. The younger Kaijitsu, off balance and obviously not expecting the old man to resort to a physical confrontation, lets out a surprised, pained yelp as he yanks her towards the door.

stack
2013-04-06, 05:41 PM
Rath stand quickly, nearly upsetting the table, and moves to interpose himself between the two and the door. His musket comes to hand, but remains pointed to the ground. "No need for hands on."

Halae
2013-04-06, 06:00 PM
Eli

"You both are acting like children!" Eli yells at them. The day started out fine; free food! but then, of course, there was the undead in the crypt. Then the goblins. And now this.

He'll go over to the pair, and, despite his earlier yelling, keeps his voice level, "What you are doing is acting like children and buffoons in front of everybody present and frankly I've had enough of it. We have injured and dead around and I'm certain that someone in town is to blame. Emotions may be high right now, but that's no reason to pick up and run like a coward and it's no reason to argue with the people you love. I can handle you not liking us; I don't care! but if this is what you turn to when you're worried you're just a fool!"

I... think this calls for a diplomacy check? Maybe? Aggressive diplomacy, ho!

[roll0]

Well, that roll could have gone better. Still, Eli speaks sense. Hopefully that gives circumstance bonuses.

Cleavon
2013-04-06, 07:57 PM
Salek

He had himself under control until the man grabbed Ameiko so roughly. Be him her father or not it wasn't something he would stand for. He got up from the table and his axe filled one hand. He pointed straight at the man with it.

"You can say anything you like about me but duaghter or no, HANDS OFF!"

Intimidate!

[roll0]

After his implied threat with his weapon he turns and barks an order at the patron nearest the door.

"You! Be a good lad and run and fetch the guard. If this one likes them so much we can see how they think of him accosting a woman inside her own business!"

Zefir
2013-04-07, 06:59 AM
Tequin, out of the groupe keeps calm on his place. The big guys with strength went into it adn other than making Longiku more angry, he has nothing to do. On another look, Tequin can assume Ameiko can handle such a situation herself.

"We should calm down. We act like goblins here and I assume none here wants to be a goblin."

Bhaakon
2013-04-08, 02:57 PM
Eli's earnest entreaties fall on deaf as as Longiku tightens his grip on Ameiko and hauls the young woman towards the exit. Salek's bald-faced threats are another matter.

The old man slows as the half-orc levels his axe, then balks at the suggestion of calling the guard. It's not much, but it's enough of an opening for Ameiko to wrest herself loose of the painful grapple. Angry and embarrassed at being manhandled by her father, she draws back her arm and clubs Longiku hard over the head with her soup ladle.

He stands there sputtering in rage as blood drips own his forehead from a cut in his scalp. "You're as dead to me as your mother!" He finally shrieks, then spins and stomps out of the tavern.

Ameiko cooly tosses the bloodied, dented ladle out the door after him. "I'll need a new one. Jackass isn't on the menu."

stack
2013-04-08, 03:17 PM
Rath stands aside to let him pass, shooting a dark glare at him as he goes. Shouldering his weapon, he moves closer to Ameiko, but says nothing, acutely aware that he lacks the social graces to ease the tension.

Cleavon
2013-04-08, 06:42 PM
Salek

His axe hand falters as he sees Longiku brained so expertly with the ladle. As the man storms out he lets out a bellowing laugh and slams his axe back into his belt.

"Well. Seems he got what was coming to him after all. "

He sat back down heavily and grabbed up his cup of wine and took a long drink, and then a deep breath, before looking up to see how the common room was taking the rambunctious events.

Halae
2013-04-09, 12:30 AM
Eli

Eli huffs and goes back to his seat, and upon sitting down he steeples his fingers and lays them against his mouth, in a thinking position. This is what he does he's upset. He sits, thinks, goes over events, what he's learned during the day, and what it all means. Normally, this is pursuit of Thassilonian lore, as that's his primary focus, but at the moment his focus is set on the goblins and the like; he hasn't read any good books lately.

Those around him will recognize this, even without knowing that he does this regularly. He's brooding. Given the (apparent) club of growing fangirls (I may be wrong in this assumption, but the flowers were foreshadowing if I ever saw it), this honestly may end up as simply more fodder for their fantasies. What fun.

Zefir
2013-04-09, 01:59 AM
So things are done and Tequin can continue to go for the meal.

"I hope we don't meet this man again. Wasn't he supposed to be part of the speech yesterday?"

Bhaakon
2013-04-09, 11:39 AM
"Was he? Well I'm glad he missed it, if that's the kind of speech he would have given," Aldren mumbles in reply, his good mood soured by the interruption.

Ameiko, for her part, distributes a free round in apology for the interruption. "Thank you for your help there," she says to Salek, "and for not resorting to violence. My father loves to bluster, but he wouldn't know what to do in a real fight. Knowing him, he'd have used it as an excuse to have you arrested."

With the free drinks lubricating the crowd, the Dragon is soon as loud and rowdy as ever. Save for Ameiko, who retreats to the kitchen as soon as she can, and retires to her own room before the night is half over.

unless you have something else to say in the few hours, I'm going to assume that you go to bed and advance to the next morning

stack
2013-04-09, 11:46 AM
Rath heads home, the adrenaline rush of the near-fight sobering him significantly.

Halae
2013-04-09, 02:48 PM
Eli

Eli will head home once it's completely dark out, given his eyes hurting in daylight; he doesn't want to wear his hat, stylish as it may be, all the time, after all.

In the morning he'll summon Kurambis, as per his usual idea of operation.

It also occurs to me that he kinda needs to go to work, unless it got cancelled in the wake of the swallowtail festival's goblin attack.

Cleavon
2013-04-09, 06:05 PM
Salek

He turns to Ameiko and gives her a warm smile and shakes his bald head a bit.

"I didn't want it to come to blows, and I'm glad it didn't. He certainly tried to get me going, but luckily Half-Orcs have pretty thick skin. Glad it all calmed down."

Salek continued filling his belly but turned to drinking something other than wine. Once the common room began to die down to retired to his room to sleep it all off.

Bhaakon
2013-04-09, 07:10 PM
Without Ameiko around to liven the party, the crowd thins early. It's still well before midnight when the last of the regulars stumble out the door, though most of your group has long since gone off to find their beds. Even Aldren seems subdued and eager get up to his room after the altercation, excusing himself at the earliest opportunity.

It's a cold night, the first time that you remember seeing your breath since the previous winter, but your beds are warm, inviting, and peaceful.

@Rath, Salek
You heal 1 HP and 1 point of Con damage

Tequin and Salek wake before dawn to the sound of soft but insistent knocking at the doors of their adjacent rooms. They reluctantly get out of bed, make themselves presentable, and open their doors to find the elderly halfing woman who was serving breakfast the previous morning.

"ohdearohdearohdear," she mumbles nervously. "I'm so sorry to wake you like this, but I don't know what to do. Lady Ameiko wasn't preparing for the morning meal as usual when I arrived for work, and--I'm so very sorry--I went upstairs to wake her and she wasn't in he room."

"I...I fetched the key and went inside when she wouldn't answer, and I found this on the floor." She powers on, gaining confidence and volume as she goes. "It's in Minkaian, but the Lady taught me some of that language and I've translated on the back."

She hands you a crumpled piece of paper, covered on one side with spidery Minkaian characters and with hurried Taldan print on the other.

It reads:
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/183409/handout1.jpg

Cleavon
2013-04-09, 10:18 PM
Salek

The early knock wasn't exactly what he had hoped for, but given the urgency with which the fist was rapping at the wood he got up and cleaned himself up a small bit. When he saw Tequin had also been roused he furrowed his brow a bit, easily listening to what the woman said. He stretched his arms and back a bit while she spoke, still sore from the previous days but feeling better over-all.

His eyes went wide when she got tot he crux of the matter and quickly turned to Tequin as they read what she had written there.

"We need to get the others. If whats written here is true we need to get to that glass works."

He immediately ducked back into his room to put on his armor and belt on his axes.

"This is getting to be quite the affair. I hope we can help the Sheriff get to the bottom of this mess."

Zefir
2013-04-10, 02:18 AM
((Sorry for my delay))

Tequin will go to bed soon after the things with Ameiko are done. The day was troublesome after all. He wanted to heal the 'hunter' groupe but with rath going home he didn't thought Salke needs it.

In the morning Tequin will rise and listent o the woman. His face darken. He already thought that the old man is involved. Beeing sick one day and totally ok the next throws such a thought.

"Yes, we should. Can you do it? I think I need to pray to Desna it's best to be prepared." And there I wonder if they knew where they stay. I hope we can assume they do find them.

Bhaakon
2013-04-10, 03:39 AM
By the time Salek has strapped on his weapons and armor, gone to roust the others, waited for them to gear up, and returned with Eli, Rath, and Alera, Tequin has completed his daily supplication and secured his own equipment.

Dawn is breaking, and little halfling woman is wearing a rut in the floor of the dining hall as she nervously paces. "I don't know what I'd do, I just don't. You must find her. That good for nothing Tsuto is nothing but trouble, I always warned here. Desna preserve me, I just know that something terrible has happened," she frets to anyone who will listen as the group finally assembles.

stack
2013-04-10, 07:32 AM
Rath leans on the wall, checking his musket again. Trouble for Ameiko. Heard about that sister, rumors. Bother.

Better than getting eaten by a tick though. Probably get a free meal out of it too, things go well.

"She ain't gonna like it, but I say we poke our noses in."

Rokku
2013-04-10, 09:56 AM
"Absolutely," says Alera, "we're not abandoning Ameiko OR the first lead we've had. Let's go!"

Cleavon
2013-04-10, 06:40 PM
Salek

Nodding to Alera and double checking to make sure his armor and weapons are secure, it is sure that the gruff Half-Orc feels that they won't find anything good at their destination.

"Agreed Alera. Ameiko's been nothing but hospitable to me, and this is the best information on the goblins we've gotten. There's no time to lose."

Bhaakon
2013-04-10, 08:15 PM
You leave the Rusty Dragon and make haste to the Kaijitsu Glassworks, a massive stone edifice along the sea cliffs. The sky is just beginning to brighten as the sun approaches the Eastern horizon, revealing the inky pillars of smoke pouring from the building's massive chimneys. It's still dark enough to see the flickering glow of flames reflected in the massive domed skylights above the work area.

The smoke and flames are no surprise, as everyone who lives in town knows that the furnaces must be kept fired at all hours while the place is in operation. It takes days to work up to the prodigious temperatures needed to melt glass, making it necessary to burn through the night for the next day's labors.

As you approach, it's easy to see that heavy curtains have been drawn across the glassworks' numerous windows, obscuring any view of the interior from the surrounding streets.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/glassworkblackout1a.jpg

Halae
2013-04-11, 01:51 AM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli, upon reading the letter, falls into another one of his thinking lapses. Kurambis himself looks worried

"... Oh... balls. Tsuto's our culprit."

Zefir
2013-04-11, 04:50 AM
Tequin will use his channel to heal the outsider. At least he prooved to be usefull.:smallwink:
Channel[roll0]
Channe2l[roll1] (if not full healed)
If he needs more heal I can offer it.

Before they leave the Inn Tequin will have a word with the halfling woman.

"I agree with the others and due to that we need to act quickly. Could cou go to the sherrif and tell him to come to the glassworks with a few of his man? Whatever happens there might be more than we can handle."

After that he follows to the building. As they stop in front he watches the grat scene the fire and sun create.

"So what now?"

Bhaakon
2013-04-11, 05:13 AM
"Yes, of course I can. But please hurry, I fear there may not be a moment to lose." The old halfling replies to Tequin's suggestion. She throws on her coat and trundles off to the garrison as you leave for the Glassworks.

stack
2013-04-11, 07:56 AM
Rath unslings his musket, then listens at a window.

Halae
2013-04-11, 09:54 AM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli nods, "Now? We move forward. Salek, I want Kurambis on point but you backing him up with Tequin. Alera, Rath, and I will stay at the back lines as we don't need to be in direct combat to be effective."

Kurambis let out a woof of approval. Every hit he took was one less that his allies took. He could survive it, as he already had.

Cleavon
2013-04-11, 10:04 AM
Salek

Nodding to Eli, he took up following Kurambis as they looked for an entrance to the place.

"Probably for the best. We'll have Kurambis take the doors, I'll go in right behind him."

He kept his axe strapped for now, best not to burst in with it out in case there were innocent unsuspecting workers there.

Zefir
2013-04-11, 03:47 PM
"Well, at least a plan, but we go into unkown areas. If an enemy comes from behind it will be very bad. if we can't make sure that our back is safe I would like to cover the back." Tequin comments Eli's tactic. He isn't against it, just giving out constructive critic.

Halae
2013-04-11, 03:52 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli nods, "Rath, can you act as our rear guard? Just in case."

"Let's go, master. I hate waiting."

stack
2013-04-11, 04:00 PM
Rath nods, taking rear guard and scanning the road behind them.

Rokku
2013-04-11, 04:12 PM
"A moment, please," says Alera, "we should be sure there isn't a safer way in than bursting through the front door, and that whatever way in we choose is as safe as possible. Just give me a moment to look around..."

Perception: [roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-04-11, 04:27 PM
The formation settles, Rath walks up to a window and sets his ear to it. At first the dull roar of the furnace fires drowns everything out, but after allow a moment for his ear to adjust, the gunslinger picks out ear picks out out cackling, high-pitched laughter and shattering glass.

Meanwhile, Salek makes a circle of the building to scout out every entrance. There are four doorways in total, but all of them are locked.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/galssworkdoors.jpg

Bhaakon
2013-04-11, 05:49 PM
Alera looks around, but she doesn't see many alternatives. The windows are numerous, but most are two small to provide an easy entrance. The skylights are large enough, but climbing up on the roof of the Glassworks and descending to the floor inside presents its own challenges.

Halae
2013-04-11, 06:12 PM
Eli and Kurambis

"Rath, how good is a gun at punching through metal? Can it damage a lock? If not, We'll need Salek and Kurambis-" he nods to both of them in turn, "-to break open a door."

Zefir
2013-04-12, 03:38 AM
"If Ameiko's brother asked her to come through the delivery entrance,I think we won't get through them. And The gun might be a bit to loud?" Tequin really seems a bit afraid of breaking into the building, even if it is for the safty f Ameiko. it just doesn't feel right.

Rokku
2013-04-12, 03:45 AM
"Perhaps I can produce a quieter way in," says Alera. She swiftly produces a set of tools from her things and sees about getting the door open.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-04-12, 04:23 AM
Alera makes a quick attempt to finesse the lock open with her set of picks, but they prove stubborn. Carelessness doesn't number among Longiku's numerous faults, and he's spared no expense securing his precious Glassworks. Still Alera's sure that the mechanism isn't beyond her skills, if only she given enough time to work without interruption.

Unfortunately, she doesn't. "Hey, there!" hollers a passing fisherman, shouldering a heavy bundle of nets to the waterfront, "what are you lot doing lurking around there, eh? Are you too daft to see the smoke and know they're busy?"

The yelling draws more unwanted attention from passers by, one of whom sees the set of tools in Alera's hand. "Ain't you those what fought off the Goblins in front of the Cathedral?" Screeches a fishwife in an apron stained red by years of gutting fish, "why are you breakin' in to the Glassworks?" Soon there's gang of gawkers, threatening to grow into a full fledged crowd if you can't convince them to disperse somehow.

stack
2013-04-12, 07:17 AM
Rath whispers to the others before the attempted lock-picking. "Laughter. Not the nice kind. And breaking glass. We need to get in there."

He is about to blast the lock when the crowd starts forming. "Someone deal with them. Or not. Witnesses may be good if we are right."

He's getting itchy and is ready to shoot regardless of who sees, but will wait a sec in case someone wants to talk to the crowd.

Cleavon
2013-04-12, 08:55 AM
Salek

Seeing the fishermen take interest in the goings on Salek grumbles and turns to them.

"Keep it down men, we sent someone off after the sheriff but he hasn't arrived yet."

Simply hoping that will sate their interest.

Halae
2013-04-12, 11:05 AM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli instructs Kurambis to wait a moment as he goes to address the gathering crowd, "We have reason to believe someone is being harmed within, and that time is of the essence. Waiting for the sherif, unfortunately, would take too long; a beating can be over in moments. As Salek said, we have someone getting the sheriff but we need to act now, before it's too late. Please, be quiet; we can't let those inside be aware of our presence."

Diplomacy roll
[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-04-12, 03:51 PM
"Oh, alright then," screeches the fishwife. "I told you the swallowtail heroes weren't common thieves," she tells a neighbor as they wander off on their business.

There are a few grumbles from others in the group, but they all seem to accept your explanation once they figure out who you are. The band of gawkers quickly evaporates as you get back to the lock.

Rokku
2013-04-13, 06:37 AM
Alera lets out a breath and attempts the lock again.

Taking 10 for 17.

Cleavon
2013-04-13, 01:55 PM
Salek

Heaving a heavy breath of relief as the crowd disperses, Salek takes to pacing behind Alera as she attempts the door again, wanting badly to hear the door pop open.

Bhaakon
2013-04-13, 05:07 PM
Alera takes her time, enduring many faile attempts before the lock finally gives in with a muffled 'click.' The heavy door swings out easily on well-oiled hinges, letting a blast of stiflingly hot air wash over you. The dull roar of the furnace reverberates in in the stone halls, loud enough to drown out anything short of a full speaking voice.

Te furnace is loudest near the double doors to your left. Straight ahead, the floor of the hallway is littered with delicate shard of colored glass in front of another door. There the hall turns to the left and out of sight.

Zefir
2013-04-14, 10:25 AM
Teqin just nods, Eli seems to get the people down to make there entrance. Hopefully this won't end bad. He wil take position as Eli asked and waits for the others to go.

Halae
2013-04-14, 12:35 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Kurambis takes the position he was instructed to at the front, while Eli stands behind Salek. Assuming everybody follows suit, Kurambis will proceed, with mental instruction from Eli forwards into the glassworks, but as soon as they're inside, Eli realizes this is going to be a problem.

"We can't search everywhere in formation, at least not quickly. Salek, Rath, I want you two to check those two hallways over there, one for each," He points to the ones that turn out of sight, "Tequin, you're with Alera. Check out that hall," he points to the one with the colored glass shards, "Kurambis and I will go through these doors. Anybody finds anything, yell loud enough to be heard over the furnace, and the rest of us will be there as soon as possible"

Given he's already near yelling to be heard over it, he has doubts about that aspect of his plan, but it'd take too long to search every area with the entire group. Everybody should be able to attract at least one other person, if it comes to it.

Rokku
2013-04-14, 05:45 PM
Alera gives a silent nod and pads down the hall, keeping her eyes open.

Taking tens for 12 stealth and 16 perception.

Bhaakon
2013-04-14, 06:39 PM
Salek and Rath pad down the hallway and around the corner, finding that it continues for most of the length of the building. Several door branch off, including the one that Alera and Tequin duck through.

The young Sorceress and the Desnan Cleric find themselves in the Glassworks' showroom, or at least what is left of it. Mirror-polished marble floors and delicately inlaid hardwood tables are blanketed with a rainbow of shattered glass, all that remains of Longiku's treasured showpieces. Light beaming in from the skylight above reflects off the shards, bathing the room in a kaleidoscopic glow.

Eli and Karumbis approach the heavy double doors, but stop short as they make out shrill giggles and the clatter of breaking glass over the constant blast of the fire. Eli carefully cracks the door a few inches to peer in, but he might as well have thrown it open and strode brazenly onto the work floor for all the goblins would have noticed.

They're far too busy tossing around half-finished pieces vases and clear panes, gazing entranced at the dancing flames of the furnace, and pouring molten glass over the mutilated remains of the craftsmen. There are eight goblins in all, singing and laughing as they have their twisted jollies in the wrecked workroom.

In case that wasn't clear, Eli can see the goblins, but they're completely unaware of you.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworks.jpg

Halae
2013-04-14, 08:48 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Well, isn't that nice. Eli will Send a message to Kurambis' mind, before the Eidolon nods and moves after Salek and Rath, "Master has found goblins!" It's the delighted tone of voice that makes it a bit eerie; he's brutal and likes to eat, though, so wh's going to complain?

Eli, meanwhile, will run after Alera and Tequin. For all that he just split everybody up, he certainly found something, and he doesn't want to alert the goblins just yet, in case their perceptive skills prove superior when someone's actually shouting, "There's goblins here in the foundry. Follow me."

Assuming this works to get the group back together, Eli will try to get the group back into formation for the fight that is most likely to follow.

Cleavon
2013-04-14, 09:10 PM
Salek

Hefting his axe in one hand as he and Rath check out the hallway, he turns when Kurambis appears and grins, slapping the blade of his axe into his open palm.

"Figured we'd find something like that. Come on Rath lets go do some exterminating."

Turning he follows the Eidolon quickly back to the big set of double doors.

Bhaakon
2013-04-14, 11:08 PM
Eli and Kurambis quickly summon you back to the heavy double doors leading into the workshop. Not wanting to lose the element of surprise, you slam the portals open and charge into the blazing hot workroom.

The goblins are half-deafened by the howl of the furnace, and utterly immersed in their debauchery. You've caught them completely unawares.

Map
Everyone is up. Everyone gets a suprise round AND and first full round actions (ie you can take a move and full round action, or a move and two standard actions, or two moves and a standard action)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/goblinworksrd1.jpg

Cleavon
2013-04-15, 02:44 AM
Salek

Salek grins wide, the Goblins unaware he approaches and lifts his axe high, slashing down at the little laughing creature.

Actions!

Move to H6.

Make one attack.

Attack!
[roll0]

Damage!
[roll1]

stack
2013-04-15, 07:26 AM
Rath strides into the room, shouldering his weapon and crossing over next to the table, putting it between him and the goblins. He takes a shot, the blast deafening inside even over the roar of the furnaces. He immediately sets about reloading.

surprise - move to F7

standard to attack D9
[roll0] vs touch
damage [roll1]

move to reload w/ alchemical

statsRath Shepard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=519453)
M NG Human Gunslinger (musket master), Level 1, Init +6, HP 11/12, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Capacity 1, misfire 1-2, +1/+1 inside 30' Musket (23, 2 alch) +5 (1d12, x4)
kukri +2 (1d4+1, 18-20x2)
chain shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

Zefir
2013-04-15, 01:59 PM
Holding up his Holy Symbol he prais to Desna, asking for her aid in this battle. 8 Goblins in the Glassworks can't be a groupe of the first raid. They would have drawn to many attention during the last two days. He then takes his mace, maybe this weapon is as effective against goblins as it was against the undeads.

Suprise: Cast Bless
Move: G6
Attack H7
Hit[roll0]
DMG[roll1]

M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init +0, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 17, Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 0
Starknife +1 (1d4+1, 20x3)
Mace +1 (1d8+1, 20x2)
Scale Mail (+5 Armor) Heavy Steal Shield (+2 Armor)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None
Spells Bless 1/1 | Schild of Faith 0/1 {Casted/Prepared}

Halae
2013-04-15, 02:23 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Kurambis moves after the goblins behind the tables, while Eli... does nothing at the moment. His acid blasts really are pretty terrible; he never hits with them, and he'd rather not risk hitting an ally. So for now he's just using a wall as cover in case they have ranged attacks

Kurambis does a double move to D8 during the surprise round, and then unleashes a full attack on the poor unsuspecting goblin in D9 during the regular round

Bite Attack: [roll0]
Claw Attack: [roll1]
Claw Attack: [roll2]

Bite Damage: [roll3]
Claw Damage: [roll4]
Claw Damage: [roll5]

Bhaakon
2013-04-16, 11:25 PM
Eli and Alera hang back, unwilling to expose themselves or waste their talents on lowly goblin fodder. The remainder charge boldly into the workroom, quickly cutting down two of the frolicking goblins before they even realize they're under attack.

When they do finally realize the danger, their response is as chaotic as the mess in the room. Two jump up on the work table beside Kurambis, jabbing ineffectualy at the eidolon with a pair of heavy work tongs still glowing from the fire and the jagged stem of a broken crystal chalice.

The rest of the goblins bound forward to join in the fun, one of them foolishly rushing through a heap of broken glass. It comes out of the heap limping and swearing, leaving a trail of bloody footprints from the shard that drove through its crude boots.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksrd2.jpg

Cleavon
2013-04-17, 12:27 AM
Salek

Seeing two of the goblins fall the Half-Orc grins and moves forward, axe swiping down at another of the unfortunate creatures.

Actions!

Move to H8, Attack G9.

Attack!
[roll0]

Damage!
[roll1]

Zefir
2013-04-17, 03:33 AM
Tequin

Well this was unexpected. He didn't though he can beat that goblin with one hit. It seems like luck is on his side. Let's test things out, he think as he tries to strike against another of Lamashtu's creations.

Move: 5 feet step to G7
Attack F8
Hit [roll0]
DMG[roll1]

M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init +0, HP 10/10, Speed 30 (Forgot Domain travel)
Mace +1 (1d8+1, 20x2)
Condition None

Bhaakon
2013-04-17, 03:44 AM
And Tequin one-shots another goblin.

stack
2013-04-17, 07:53 AM
As the priest drops another goblin, Rath steps back, using the now clear field to snap of a shot at one of the far goblins, leaving those closer for the eidolon to snack on.

5' to F6, attack E12 (just close enough for PBS)
[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Halae
2013-04-17, 02:08 PM
Eli and Kurambis

And snack he does, swinging for one of the two goblins next to him.

Alright, this time it's a full attack

Bhaakon
2013-04-18, 01:58 AM
Kurambis wraps his prodigious jaws around the head of the goblin waving about the cherry-red tongs, his saw-like teeth ripping through the creature's gangly neck with a single vicious snap. While masticating the bulbous cranium, Karumbis finishes off a second goblin with annoyed backhand of its taloned arm.

The eidolon's meals causes the remaining goblins to blanche. "Hey, they're the ones that ruined the raid!" Shrieks one of them just before Tequin steps up and staves in its ribcage with his mace.

The other three make haste for the doors on the opposite end of the workshop, one of them catching Rath's musket ball in the shoulder as he turns to flee. The goblin with the shredded foot falls behind the others, badly hindered by his bleeding, glass-filled leg.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/goblinworksrd3.jpg

stack
2013-04-18, 07:00 AM
Rath scowls. "Best not let them escape, only lead to more trouble." As if we haven't had enough. He quickly reloads before following after them, allowing the melee fighters to go ahead.

standard to reload, move to F12

Rokku
2013-04-19, 08:56 AM
Alera chases after the goblins, moving to F13.

Halae
2013-04-19, 02:26 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli moves into the furnace to maintain his connection with Kurambis as the eidolon moves a bit closer to one of the fleeing goblins. if it keeps moving away, Kurambis will have the chance to bite it in half

Kurambis moves to F14 (to set up an AoO if the goblin keeps trying to move) while Eli moves to G9

Zefir
2013-04-19, 04:19 PM
Two times ina row? That must be a bless of Desna. Maybe his best option is to try anything he can to do as much as possible before it fades away.

Move: Storm attavk move G14
Attack G15
Hit [roll0]
DMG[roll1]

M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init +0, HP 10/10, Speed 30 (Forgot Domain travel)
Mace +1 (1d8+1, 20x2)
Condition None

Cleavon
2013-04-19, 06:23 PM
Salek

Moving after the goblins, the half-Orc wastes little time, tearing down the room towards the retreating foes.

Actions
Move to E16

Bhaakon
2013-04-19, 07:45 PM
You charge across the work-floor in pursuit, weaving between mangled bodies and piles of shattered crystal. You try to keep your focus on the battle, but the scene you discover in the central alcove would even give pause to a hardened campaigner:

A body sits bound in a chair, completely encased in bubble-filled sheets of clear glass. The scorched remnants of Longiku's face--you recognize the charred scraps of the man's expensive clothing from the incident the previous night--is a mask of agony further contorted and exaggerated by the uneven glazing. There can be no doubt that the elder Kaijitsu was still alive when the vat of molten glass was poured over him by his captors.

As you surround the injured goblin, it realizes that it can't out-run you with its mangled foot and begins slashing about desperately with its dog slicer. Despite the impressive display of goblin swordsmanship, it doesn't even come close to hitting anyone. While it distracts you, the other two goblins flee through the double doors at the end of the room and disappear from view.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/goblinworksrd4.jpg

Rokku
2013-04-20, 05:51 AM
Alera continues to give chase, rushing to E17.

stack
2013-04-20, 01:34 PM
(Assuming the others drop the goblin so no AOO's are needed)

Rath barrels out of the roof at his best speed, unwilling to let the creatures escape.running after them

Cleavon
2013-04-20, 08:38 PM
Salek

Stopping in front of the melted glass, able to barely make out that it is in fact Longiku. His eyes go wide and turns towards the injured goblin, sure that the others can handle tracking the goblins for a moment.

He addresses the little creature in a bellowing common, and if that doesn't get an answer he tries in orc. Both times he says the same thing.

"TALK! WHO SENT YOU HERE AND WHERE ARE THEY!"

Intimidate!

So +1 intim, +4 for being larger than him.
[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-04-21, 01:34 AM
The limping goblin cowers and covers his head as the half orc bellows angrily. "D-d-down! Downstairs, Longshanks downstairs!" it forces past a tongue gone numb with fear.

Still your turn, for those who haven't acted yet. I consider in-combat conversation a free action (as long as it's fairly short, at least), so the goblin can respond outside of its turn.

Zefir
2013-04-21, 03:57 PM
"Can one of you chain him? We need tu rush to get the 'Longshanks'."

Tequin says, his head turning aroun. He stops for a moment as he sees the man in Glass. His mind and body skip a heartbeat before he is able to turn away and search for a chain or rope anywhere in his field of sight.

Perception[roll0]

Halae
2013-04-21, 06:40 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Kurambis will move forward to try and bite the frightened goblin, on mental instructions from Eli.

"We don't have the time, or the capacity for safe transport. We need to find Tsuto and Ameiko"

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Bhaakon
2013-04-21, 07:20 PM
The goblin's cooperative mood ends as it barely avoid Kurambis's snapping jaws. It goes back to its desperate strategy of wild swings, bouncing its dogslicer off the eidolon's magically conjured armor plates.

Alera continues ahead, picking her way across the glass-covered floor and scanning the next room-a storage area for glass making materials and coloring reagents. A beefy safe sits against a wall, left open and emptied of whatever valuables it was meant to keep safe. The door to a side room slams shut as she enters, indicating where the goblins fled.

Rath, showing a bit less caution, sprints across the workfloor. Only the thick soles of his boots save him from a foot full of glass shards as he tromps carelessly through the drifts of broken windows and crystal service sets. The gunslinger blasts past Alera and dives into the next room, just in time to see the goblins stumbling down a set of steep stairs into the glassworks' cellars. He starts down after them.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/goblinworksrd5.jpg

Halae
2013-04-21, 07:35 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli will move past the Eidolon, allowing Kurambis, following after Rath and Alera.

Kurambis, meanwhile, attempts to clean up with this particular goblin. He would not let such a puny creature escape his jaws!

Bhaakon
2013-04-21, 07:39 PM
Edit:Claws are primary natural attacks. They should be made at the same attack and damage bonus as the bite

Kurambis makes quick work of the goblin, tearing through its defenses and gutting the pathetic creature with its bloody claws.

stack
2013-04-21, 08:05 PM
Rath slows down, heeding the glass and the steps. He shoulders his weapon and continues, ready to snap off a shot if any goblins come into view.

move down the steps, ready to shoot

[roll0]
damage [roll1]

+1/+1 if in 30', touch in 40'

Cleavon
2013-04-21, 08:35 PM
Salek

Happy with the results and free to pursue the goblins, Salek takes off after Rath, gripping his ax tightly.

"We've got to get downstairs before they escape, the bastard who planned the attack is here!"

Move!
Move straight after Rath, hoping his boots will protect him from the glass, heading straight for the most obvious way down.

Zefir
2013-04-22, 01:03 AM
Tequin

Tequin just looks at Eli, slightly angry.

"We could just left him here, chained."

Then without wating for a respond, Tequin heads where the goblins went.

Double move action to follow up the others.

Bhaakon
2013-04-29, 01:51 PM
Eli and Tequin follow the others, careful to avoid the worst of the shattered glass as they leave Kurambis to finish his bloody work. Salek isn't that patient, or maybe he just trusts his heavy boots, and opts instead to sprint headlessly across the hazardous work floor. The half orc makes it through unscathed, blasting past Alera and down the stairs into the dank basement of the Kaijitsu's factory.

Rath is well ahead of him, but never quite able to get a clear shot as he trails the goblins around the bends of the underground hall. He stops short as the creatures stop their flight and burst through a side door. "Boss, Boss, it's dem longshanks from da raid!" The lead goblins squeals between panting breaths.

"Eh? I told you not to wake... wait, who? Here?!" Responds a male voice, at first slurred and slumberous, but quickly gaining clarity and urgency as the speaker comes fully awake.

Map for everyone
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworks6.jpg

Map for Rath, Salek (and anyone who move downstairs next round)
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksbasement6.jpg

stack
2013-04-29, 02:27 PM
Doesn't want to be woken? Ha. "Salek, on me, two goblins and another." Rath settles for the first goblin he sees, deigning it better to take the shot he has rather than look for the source for the voice. He report of the musket leaves everyone's ears ringing once again.

[roll0] vs touch
damage [roll1]

Halae
2013-04-29, 02:39 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Once Kurambis "Cleaning up" as it were, he'll be charging down towards the goblins as well, but not before Eli does. upon seeing Salek barrel past, he chooses to do much the same, trusting in the strength of his boots to get him through the glass. Kurambis, on the other hand, is rather safe through the help of his natural armor. hopefully.

Double move for both of them.

Cleavon
2013-04-29, 05:36 PM
Salek

Hearing Raths voice he manages to follow it through the corridors, coming up right behind the man when he fires his musket. Shaking his head a bit at the ringing in his ears he sees the goblins through the smoke and nods.

"Stop you cowardly little buggers!"

Rokku
2013-04-29, 07:53 PM
Alera rushes down the steps.

(Double move.)

Zefir
2013-04-30, 01:54 AM
Tequin was going to wait for the others, but as the sound of Rath's weapon appears, he immediatly heads down as well, trying to see if there is anything he can do.

Double Move.
Bless should be still active for 5 more rounds.

Bhaakon
2013-04-30, 03:07 AM
Rath unloads his musket into the goblin in the hallway, blasting a hole in its hip to go with the lead ball already planted deep in its shoulder. "No more, no more!" it shrieks, dropping its blade and dashing through the first door on Rath's left as quickly as its injuries will allow.

The second goblin jumps back out into the hall and charges at Rath, knowing that the gunslinger is vulnerable while he reloads the unwieldy long gun. The wily attack works, and the dogslicer cuts a bloody furrow in Rath's thigh.

@Rath
2 damage

The others hear the report of the musket and make haste. Salek and Alera pile in behind Rath, while Tequin storms down the stairs. Karumbis and Eli tarry above just long enough for the eidolon to dispose of his kill in his customary fashion before working themselves clear of the glass-covered workroom.

The goblin's boss is also moved to action by the blast, and stalks out into the hallway with a sureness of step that belies his bleary eyes and the fresh wine stains on his fine clothing. He's a half elf, though not quite the usual stock. His elven heritage might have disguised his Tien features if you hadn't spent so much time in the company of Ameiko over the last few days, but the family resemblance is clear despite his mixed blood.

Knowledge (Local) DC 10
The scandal of Tsuto's birth remains a popular topic among Sandpoint rumor mongers to this day. It's not often that the matriarch of a human noble family gives birth to a half-elf, after all. Longiku's attempts to hide Tsuto in various boarding schools and monastic orders, as well has his wife's subsequent suicide, have only fanned the flames of gossip.

Tsuto unshoulders a short bow and takes aim at Rath. Somehow you doubt that fear of hitting his goblin minion will delay his shot for long.

Uppstairs Map (Eli/Kurambis)
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/goblinworks7.jpg

Downstairs Map (everyone else)
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksbasement2.jpg

stack
2013-04-30, 07:14 AM
Rath drops his gun as he clenches his jaw. Seeing the way of it, he draws and swipes with his hunting knife before stepping back to allow Salek room to employ his skill.

drop musket (free), draw kukri (move), attack (standard), 5' step to switch positions with Salek (free)

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2013-04-30, 06:15 PM
Salek

Seeing Rath drop his musket and step back he gladly steps forward and brings his axe down against the goblin.

Actions!
Step up and attack the Goblin.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Bhaakon
2013-04-30, 06:24 PM
Salek steps into the breech with a powerful downward stroke of his weapon. The goblin has no chance of parrying the immense axe, which blasts through the smaller creature's meager defense and splits its head like a rotten melon.

Zefir
2013-05-01, 05:28 AM
Tequin still moves closer. He takes a mometn to take a short look over the others. currently they aren't in any critical state. That's good. Tequin can make out that the way they stand isn't big enougth to let more people go through, especially since Salke will be a better frontliner than him. Tequin decides to head the other way, hoping this won't lead him into an ambush.

Double Movement (60 feet) heading for L2. Head on, but stopping at first sign of enemies.

Halae
2013-05-01, 08:13 AM
Kurambis and Eli continue down to where the fighting is, of course.

Double move for both of them, for Eli to get in position and Kurambis to get as close to melee range as possible

Rokku
2013-05-02, 04:18 AM
Alera pokes her head around the wall and starts working her magic to wrap Tsuto in bands of enchanted Sleep.

Bhaakon
2013-05-02, 03:30 PM
Seeing the goblin fall to Salek's axe, Tsuto drops his bow and charges the half-orc directly. Salek can smell the wine on the half-elf's breath, but it doesn't seem to slow is fists at all. Tsuto lands a punch directly to Salek's solar plexus, blasting the air from his lungs and sending a wave of numbing pain reverberating through his body.

@Salek
3 damage. DC 14 Fort save or stunned (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Stunned) for 1 round

Alera peeks around the corner and spots Tsuto. Using the stonework for cover, she casts her trusty sleep spell, but the half-elf proves more resistant than goblins.

Eli and Kurambis clamber down the stairs and into the basement, but find the direct route to the melee blocked by their allies. Facing the same problem, Tequin scouts down the opposite branch, finding a wide hallway lined with crates, as well as a side passage on the left, perhaps looping back towards the fight.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksbasement7.jpg

EDIT: Oops, forgot to swap Rath and Salek on the map Just pretend they're in the correct positions, and I'll change it next round.

stack
2013-05-02, 03:37 PM
Rath reaches down to retrieve his musket, holding it in one hand as he moves to give the others room.move to pick up the musket (shouldn't have dropped it. Stupid. Could have held it in one hand.

move to M2

Cleavon
2013-05-02, 06:42 PM
Salek

The hit to his mid section knocks the wind out of him, and he drops his axe to the floor, stunned.

Zefir
2013-05-03, 01:39 AM
Teqin, seeing the other path holds in for a moment. He sends a little prayer to Desna, beeing so good to him must mean she likes him. Let's see if this can help the others as well.

Moving to E3 or futher is possible.

Bhaakon
2013-05-04, 11:34 PM
His initial rage played out, Tsuto takes stock of the situation, and quickly realizes that he's badly outnumbered. The sound of Tequin rushing down the hallway behind him and the sight of Kurambis--nearly filling the corridor behind Salek--seals his decision. The half-elf makes an unsuccessful attempt to sweep Salek's legs and finishes the move by spinning and retreating through the same door the badly injured goblin used a moment before.

As the Kaijutsu bastard disengages, Tequin is distracted by the noise leaking through the door ahead and to his right: desperate rapping on wood and muffled shouts.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksbasement8.jpg

Cleavon
2013-05-04, 11:44 PM
Salek

Getting his wits back about him and shaking his head, the Ranger grabs up his axe and then heads after Tsuto, growling in rage at having been so easily subdued, if only for a moment.

"Don't let him escape, and keep him alive if we can!"

Actions!
Move action to pick up his axe, Move action to J8

stack
2013-05-05, 07:40 PM
Rath loads his musket and follows after, cursing his earlier withdraw.

reload, move to M7

Zefir
2013-05-06, 03:36 AM
Tequin doesn't notice Tsutso's escape due to the sudden noise coming from the room in front of him. The others should be able to take care of Tsutso and if something dangerouse is behind this door it's best to face it instead of having it in your back.

Tequin will head to the door and open it if possible.

Bhaakon
2013-05-07, 12:50 AM
Salek follows Tsuto into the side room, entering just in time to see the half elf disappear into a dark tunnel in the corner of the room. Judging from the shattered brick work on the floor and heavy maul leaning against the wall, it looks like someone only recently busted through the masonry to expose the passage. Alera, Kurambis, and Eli pile in soon after, with Rath a few steps behind.

Tequin ignores the fleeing enemy to track down the source of the odd noises. He finds the door unlocked, and pushes it open to reveal a bound, gagged, and beaten--but very much alive--Amieko Kaijitsu. She stops kicking at a nearby crate and redoubles her shouting, now joyous instead of desperate, as the Desnan priest fills the doorway.

Map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Goblinworksbasement9.jpg

Cleavon
2013-05-07, 02:54 AM
Salek

Seeing Tsuto flee, he quickly points out to his comrades which way the man went.

"Into the tunnel! We can't get let him escape"

Salek heads down into the tunnel immediately, knowing the rest won't be far behind.

Actions!
Double move into the tunnel. Following Tsuto as best I can.

stack
2013-05-07, 07:04 AM
Rath dashes down the tunnel with Salek, muzzle high for safety.double move

Zefir
2013-05-07, 04:47 PM
Tequin remains for a moment. A moment that feels like hours. How could a brother do that to his own sister. He catches himself after a mometn, drawing his starknife he tries to cut the bounds and look for her health.

It may take more then one turn to do so, but I doubt Tequin will follow them until he got Ameiko out of here.
Heal:[roll0]

Halae
2013-05-08, 10:28 AM
Eli and Kurambis

The summoner and his eidolon move after Tsuto as well, trusting Tequin to take care of Ameiko.

Double move after Tsuto

Bhaakon
2013-05-08, 08:11 PM
@Rath
Roll 2 reflex saves, DC 12, or fall prone.

Salek, Eli, and Kurambis sprint down the pitch-black tunnel with no problem, easily spotting and avoiding any loose stones, minor cave-ins, or other debris on the floor. Rath isn't so lucky, having to depend on his lightning reflexes and blind luck to dodge hazards.

Fortunately, Tsuto is in the same boat as Rath. His elven blood lends him good night vision, but that doesn't do much good at all in the complete darkness of the smuggling tunnel. He's adroit enough to catch him self and carry on after the first few stumbles, but finally his foot hooks a fallen brick in the middle of the passage and sends him down. He's quickly back on his feet, and even manages to draw and light a small torch before his pursuers are upon him.

Battle Info
The field of battle is a narrow tunnel, only wide enough for one of you to confront Tsuto at a time. Salek is in front (1 move action away from Tsuto), Eli and Kurambis are 2 move actions away, and Rath is 3 move actions distant (unless he fails one of his reflex save).

I basically had Tsuto double move down the passage, rolling a Reflex saves until he tripped and let you catch up, so it will take Tequin or Alera 3 rounds to catch up if they decide to follow

Back in the glassworks' basement, Tequin cuts Ameiko's bonds and loosens her gag. She's bruised and scratch all over, with one eye swollen shut and blood from several broken teeth leaking out between shredded lips. She's been beaten badly, likely more than once, but doesn't seem to be in immediate danger of death (barring more violence or rough handling).

"Father... must warn Father... Tsuto is mad...will kill..." Ameiko murmurs as she wavers on the edge of unconciousness.

stack
2013-05-08, 08:32 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]Rath curses loudly as he falls headlong onto the rough ground. Picking himself up, he takes it slower, running a hand along the wall. He could never get a clear shot in the tight tunnel anyhow.

Cleavon
2013-05-08, 08:36 PM
Salek

Rushing down the corridor, spurred on by his ability to see perfectly in the dark he lunges for the stumbling Tsuto, his arms out in a tackle.

Actions!

Move to Tsuto, dropping my axe. Grapple.

Provoke AoO.(No Improved Grapple)

[roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-05-08, 08:49 PM
Salek's greataxe clatters to the floor as the big half orc opts for a flying tackle. Tsuto's eyes widen in momentary surprise at the unexpected tactic, just enough of a delay to prevent the nimble man from ducking clear. Tsuto looses a string of vile epithets as Salek wraps him in a tight bear-hug.

You hit his CMB exactly. Kurambis can now charge Tsuto, since Salek is no longer in the way.

Halae
2013-05-08, 09:03 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Seeing Rath's fumbling, Eli will draw on his dark elven heritage for a moment. Better to make use of it in this situation that let things sit. He'll mutter something, and Tsuto will be surrounded by a dim glow, pointing him out to everybody in the cavern without darkvision. "Rath, we have him in a grapple. We need to take him alive anyways."

Kurambis, on mental orders from his master, will charge forward into a similar tackle maneuver as Salek, to aid the half-orc.

Getting some use out of my spell-like abilities here to cast Faerie fire on Tsuto - it has a range of 440 and offers no save, so this is pretty much just guaranteed to work. It won't keep Rath from stumbling, but it should give him a target.

Kurambis, meanwhile, will join the grapple. He gets a +2 for charging, and I think he gets a +2 for working with Salek, but I'm not certain so I'm leaving that out.
CMB check: [roll0]

EDIT: welp. I THINK THAT'S A HIT.

Bhaakon
2013-05-08, 10:12 PM
Yay, grapple rules!

Normally only the first grappler can make the grapple roles (Salek, in this case). In this case, since Tsuto successfully broke Salek's grapple, I'm just having Kurambis immediately re-grapple him.

Kurambis leaps into the fray, insinuating his dark bulk into the tangle of limbs (half of them now glowing weirdly) just as Tsuto is about to get the upper hand on Salek. The eidolon's monstrous claws grip the half-elf's arm as he draws it back to deliver a punch to Salek's throat. Instead, the half orc to rolls free.

@Salek
Tsuto broke your grapple, so you are now free to aid Kurambis (who is now grappling Tsuto), retrieve your weapon, or whatever else you can think up.

Rath continues forward cautiously, feeling along the walls at half speed.

Cleavon
2013-05-08, 11:43 PM
Salek

Tossed free from the grappling pair, Salek immediately lunges back at Tsuto, seeking to help Kurambis hold the half-elf down.

"We need rope! Get something to tie him up with once we've got him under control!"

Actions!
Aid another on the grapple:

Attack roll:
[roll0]

Success. +2 to Kurambis' next Grapple check.

stack
2013-05-09, 08:10 AM
"I don't have any rope. I'll give you a hand."If I don't fall on my face again. Rath continues to feel his way forward, joining in on holding the man down.

if he can get there this round, aid another on the grapple or pin check [roll0]

Zefir
2013-05-09, 04:31 PM
Tequin bites on his lips. He already saw her father dead, but should he tell her now? She defnitly will work herself up to proove him wrong. He needs to keep her down fro now.

"Don't overdo yourself now. You need your rest now."

Bhaakon
2013-05-10, 02:09 AM
"Rest, yes. Rest sounds good. After.... after I get out of here." Ameiko mumbles through broken teeth as she tries in vain to push herself to her feet. Unfortunately her arms give out, and she never manages to get her legs under here and she falls back flat on the stone floor. "Little help... please."

Halae
2013-05-11, 08:25 AM
Eli And Kurambis

Eli will go to pick up Salek's axe while his eidolon continues the grapple.

Kuambis, for his part, is trying to restrict Tsuto's movement, make himself inescapable

Somehow, I didn't realize you were waiting on me. Sorry.

Roll to pin: [roll0]

Bhaakon
2013-05-11, 04:55 PM
Kurambis wrestles Tsuto to the ground, pinning the squirming, swearing half elf there with help from Salek. Trapped beneath the bulk of the pair (and Rath, once he reaches the scrum), there's nothing much the man can do to prevent Salek from fishing a length of hemp rope from his pack and trussing Tsuto up like a roasting goose.

That doesn't stop him from continuing to run at the mouth, spewing forth a litany of threats and crude language as you relieve him of his goods and haul him back to the basement of the glassworks.

By the time you rejoin Tequin and Alera, Tsuto has offered several anatomically impossible suggestions on where Rath should store his musket, a speculative dissertation on the mating habits of Salek's parents, and some creative guesses at what Eli and Kurambis get up to when they're not with the group.

XP
856, which means that you've reached level 2

Loot
The goblins carry a bunch of crude, undersized, goblin-craft goods. Nothing that anyone in Sandpoint would want to buy.

1x potion
1x composite shortbow
1x MW theives' tools
1x MW flute (100 gp)
silver earings (25 gp)
Jewel-studded silver ring
6 pouches of powdered gold (300 gp)
8 pouches of powdered silver (40 gp)
10 platinum pieces
Journal

Cleavon
2013-05-11, 05:42 PM
Salek

Hauling Tsuto by one arm, Kurambis having the other Salek merely laughed as Tsuto decided to continue to run at the mouth. It was easy to act lik a dejected idiot when you've been captured, and anything said by him only serves to amuse the half-orc.

"If you didn't want to get caught, you shouldn't have stayed in town. What else can I tell you?"

Salek grinned wide when he saw that Ameiko has made it through this unscathed.

He discretely mentions to the party that they might want to find another way to bring Ameiko out...so she doesn't have to go through the destroyed show room...and save her from seeing her father.

stack
2013-05-12, 09:52 AM
Once the man was tied, Rath shoulders his musket. "I'll run, fetch the sheriff. Won't like being roused this hour, but I think he'll forgive me given the circumstances." He slips off back the way they came in, leaving the others to deal with the emotional fallout that was soon to sweep through.

Halae
2013-05-12, 10:46 AM
Eli and Kurambis

... Clever Rath. Very clever.

Eli sighs and instructs kurambis to continue maintaining his hold on Tsuto, ignoring the man's insults. That Journal though... Eli will go for that. A bit of knowledge about what you need to do next can be more important than a bag of jewels.

For now, though, he just slips it into his pack - reading isn't such a great idea when he should be focusing on the matter at hand. This explains quite a bit; Tsuto being behind the appearance of the goblins explains who had been manipulating things. Still, this doesn't explain why. Eli has a twitching feeling that such a reason will be important within the next few days.

If nobody has helped her up yet, Eli will go to Ameiko and try to prop her up by going under one of her arms and lifting. Where's somewhere she can sit while they wait for the sheriff? If there's somewhere good, he'll move her over there and explain how the found her as well as the situation (excepting the grisly fate of her father)

Bhaakon
2013-05-12, 02:59 PM
Eli helps Ameiko up and gives her a shoulder to lean against as she hobbles to a chair in a nearby office-the same room where Tsuto was sleeping off his wine when the goblins fled downstairs to wake him.

"Th-thank you." She says to Eli, as she collapses into the seat, exhausted by her ordeal and the short stumble into the next room. "But you must find my Father. Tsuto... he's finally snapped. He'll have planned something awful, I know it."

The young woman's pleas reach Tsuto where he's bound in the next room. The angry half elf chuckles.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Rath doesn't get as far away from the fallout as he'd hoped. Bethana, the halfing woman who asked for your help in the Rusty Dragon, has done as instructed and fetched the guard. Hemlock and a dozen of his men are marching down the street from the garrison as Rath exits the glassworks.

"Hey, er, Rath! Old Bethana said you and your friends would be here. What have you found?" Calls out the Sheriff.

Halae
2013-05-12, 04:11 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Kurambis will begin dragging Tusto further away, likely up the stairs and into the glassworks proper. Best not to have a murderer nearby when trying to comfort the family of a victim.

Once Tsuto is out of earshot, Eli will say, "Ameiko, I'm sorry, but we weren't in time to save your father from him," He'll sit on the floor, looking very tired. He'd run away from his own father, but at least he knew the man was still alive. This though... it was a hard thing to learn a family member was dead. He didn't know if He'd be able to handle it well himself, for all that he dislikes the man who'd adopted him, "I wish we'd gotten here sooner."

Cleavon
2013-05-12, 04:56 PM
Salek

Grumbling as he looked over the various things left behind, he turned to Ameiko and gave a small frown.

"We're sorry about that Ameiko...we came as fast as we could. "

Turning he stepped into the other room where Kurambis continued to clutch the tied up Tsuto and shook his head. Stepping over to the half-elf he leaned in and said quietly, so as to not upset Ameiko further.

"Keep chuckling...I don't suppose they hang people around here for the type of thing you've done do they?"

He gave the half-elf and condescending pat on the shoulder and leaned against a nearby wall, also keeping an eye on him while they wait for the sheriff.

Bhaakon
2013-05-13, 12:55 AM
Tsuto grins widely as Salek leans close and makes his pointed observation. Far from cowed, the half elf takes the opportunity to spit directly in the ranger's face.

In the office, Ameiko stares blankly at Eli for a minute before composing her face into a stoic mask. "Then I... suppose that was him screaming a few hours ago," She responds with forced calm. "Tsuto never bothered to hide his hatred for Father... nor father for Tsuto... but to kill him, and consorting with goblins. Perhaps I never really knew my brother." She shudders slightly, exerting all her strength to hold back the tears.

The scene is interrupted by the clatter of hard-soled boots on stone, Rath leading Hemlock into the basement. The observant Sheriff's eyes flit from the goblin corpse on the floor to Tsuto, trussed up in Kurambis's claws. "Is that all of them, then? I've sent my men to sweep the upstairs, but I'll trust that there's nothing to jump out from the shadows down here."

Halae
2013-05-13, 01:08 AM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli can't do anything for Ameiko right now, as much as he wants to. He can't help her.

"There's the lower reaches," Eli says, pointing into the dark where Tsuto was trying to escape, "I don't know where that leads, but it's where Tsuto tried to go when he was running away."

Zefir
2013-05-13, 01:56 AM
Tequin was helping Ameiko as well. and now he is doing what he already wanted to do when things are cooled down. Using up his ability to channel energy to help everyone in the party. Since a few have been hurt he will tell everyone to stay close by him. He excludes Tsutso if there is no other way to use his healing.

One Channel energy should be enougth, unless he can make out that Ameiko is far away from beeing OK [roll0]
[roll1]

stack
2013-05-13, 07:24 AM
Rath points down the tunnel. "If you take him for questioning, we can check the rest of the tunnel. Good to know where it comes out if nothing else."

Bhaakon
2013-05-13, 02:14 PM
Hemlock nods at Rath's suggestion, "Yes, it would be good to know where it leads. There have always been rumors of tunnels under the town, but this is the first time I've ever seen one."

Meanwhile, Tequin calls upon Desna to heal Ameiko's and the group's injuries. Salek and Rath's minor cuts heal up completely (save some of the lingering weakness for that encounter with the tick), while Ameiko's more severe wounds are visibly lessened. She's still a patchwork of cuts and bruises, but the worst of the swelling around her eye and mouth is gone, she's no longer threatening to lapse into unconsciousness, and she feels fit enough to take her feet unaided.

"Thank you, Tequin," she says, her voice no longer halting or whistling through broken teeth. Gaining back a little of her stubborn pride to go with her bodily strength, she raises her hand to stop the man from giving her a second dose of positive energy, "No, you've done enough for me today. I've some magic of my own to use once I've had a little rest. For now I think I should survey the damage to my Fa... I mean, my Glassworks."

Cleavon
2013-05-15, 12:40 AM
Salek

the half-Orc had his hand up ready to send it across Tsutos face when the Sherrif arrived. He growled at the man and stalked away slowly, back towards where he had tried to run.

"I don't mind giving that tunnel a look. I can see down there with no light...so if a couple of you want to follow along I can go just a bit ahead while you use a light source."

Salek hefted his axe and prepared to make his way down into the tunnel to make sure there are no more surprises.

Zefir
2013-05-15, 02:11 AM
Tequin stops. He won't force to heal her, especially since the party to decides going down this dark path. After all he got that dream last night and it didn't happen. It may be bset to see if there may be someone who can help.

"We should maybe rest first. Two of us went away already and we might meet more Goblins."

((Hopefully that can help for the new chars to enter))

Halae
2013-05-15, 04:44 AM
[Eli and Kurambis]

"I'm afraid I have to agree with Tequin, Salek. Kurambis and I are the only other dark-sighted members of our group, and we both have to stay to hold Tsuto. you'd be going in by yourself or, at best, with a blind group." It's not like he's ever prepared a sort of light spell.

stack
2013-05-15, 07:16 AM
Rath goes back upstairs and returns with a torch. "Come on, Salek and Kurambis go ahead, I'll follow. Clear it out now, don't want any gobs escaping."

Rath came back with the Sheriff, he won't leave the party until they get back to the Dragon.

Bhaakon
2013-05-15, 01:52 PM
Hemlock nods, "Just take a look to see where it goes, Come back if you run into anything bigger than a few goblins. No need to take any risks until you're prepared. My men and I will be here with Lady Kaijitsu if you need any help."

Ameiko snorts softly at being called "Lady Kaijitsu" as she climbs the stairs, doing her best to hide her limp.

The tunnel winds gently for a few hundred feet, winding between the many basements and cellars of Sandpoint--you can tell because the consistent brickwork of the passage is occasionally broken by different masonry where it skims other underground chambers. After a few minutes of walking, though, the passage straightens out, and continues that way until you hit a solid wall sealing off its far end.

stack
2013-05-15, 02:00 PM
Rath runs a hand over the wall. "Unless he can walk through stone there's a way out."

take 20 perception looking for secret doors or levers for 26

Bhaakon
2013-05-15, 03:12 PM
As Rath suspects, there is a way through. A loose brick against the floor shows unusual wear, and easily gives to slight pressure. Once the hidden latch is tripped, the entire wall pivots to give access to the modest sea cave, sloping down to a sandy inlet on the Varisian gulf. The whole chamber is about 30 feet in diameter, with two other brick-lined tunnels branching off in addition to the one you just exited.

There's no sign of the goblin who fled your battle in the glassworks, but the floor is littered with the remnants of of a camp: crude, goblin-sized bedrolls and well-gnawed bones and fish heads. There are a few bits of broken furniture, rotting barrels, and some shoulder-height torch brackets driven into the walls, signs of human-sized occupants, but all of it looks to be years--if not decades--old.

stack
2013-05-15, 03:24 PM
"Um...you two who can see should go first, I guess."

Cleavon
2013-05-15, 07:59 PM
Salek

Salek happily goes first, using his darkvision if allowed or needed, if not simply keeping an eye out and checking the side tunnels as far as his vision goes at first.

Bhaakon
2013-05-15, 10:11 PM
Salek takes a closer look in the cavern, but doesn't find anything more than the group saw from the tunnel, save for a set of tracks in the damp sand where the fleeing goblin exited the cave.

As for the passages, the one branching east head more or less straight until about the limit of Salek's vision, where a cave-in cuts it short with a jumble of brick, dirt, and stone. The west-most branch appears to have once been bricked over, but someone has broken it back open. The tunnel runs straight for about 50 feet before turning left.

stack
2013-05-16, 07:13 AM
"On down the rabbit hole? West looks to be the way."

Zefir
2013-05-16, 09:17 AM
Tquin follows silently as well. He walks close to Rath since he needs the light as well.

"If we get a lantern I could make it follow us. That way you got your hand free."

Bhaakon
2013-05-16, 05:30 PM
You head down the western tunnel until it turns. At this point the masonry walls give way to natural stone, and passage begins winding around as natural caverns are wont to do, the only constant is its downward slope.

While no hands of men built this cave, they've certainly worked it. Low-hanging stalactites and constrictions have been cut away to allow human-sized creature to pass through upright, while holes and gaps in the floor have been filled or bridged to provide a level walking surface. Even the untrained eye can see that the work here is far more ancient than the brick in the smugglers' tunnels. Nature has had time to begin reclaiming the cavern, growing new mineral deposits where the old ones were damaged, but it's still quite passable with a little effort.

You work your way through a couple hundred feet before Rath's torch begins to burn low. There's still enough time to return to the Glassworks before it goes out, if you hurry.

Cleavon
2013-05-16, 06:25 PM
Salek

The place looked interesting...easily how the little bastards got in too. Salek shrugged and turned to Rath and Tequin.

"Lets get back I suppose. We can't follow this all the way to the damn underdark. Maybe we can get Hemlock to send some men in with lanterns, or come back better prepared ourselves."

stack
2013-05-16, 08:14 PM
Rath nods. "Could go a long way. Surprised its not flooded. Won't catch up to the buggers anyhow, may have secret hide-aways, traps."

Zefir
2013-05-17, 01:18 AM
Tequin nods.

"It's best we go back and prepare ourself. I got a bad feeling after all."

Tequin seems really nervouse. The others don't know about his dreams. Normaly they come true , but today he hopes he can avoid it.

Bhaakon
2013-05-18, 03:45 PM
You backtrack through the cave and smugglers' tunnels, eventually emerging in the basement of the glassworks as Rath's torch is guttering outs its last moments of life.

"Well, what did you find?" Hemlock inquires.

Cleavon
2013-05-18, 06:51 PM
Salek

The half-orc gazes back down the tunnel and shrugs nonchalantly.

"Goes in quite a ways. Looks like the tunnels have been there for a long long time. We were running out of light so we came back..I'd post guards here till we can get situated and make a good foray in with lanterns and like."

Bhaakon
2013-05-18, 06:57 PM
Hemlock nods. "I don't think the guard will be leaving any time soon, regardless. I'm sure you saw the mess upstairs on the way in." He shakes his head. "It's going to take some time to extract the bodies, and figure out which parts go together."

Zefir
2013-05-19, 06:09 AM
"If there is anything we could help, don't hesitate to ask us. I belive Desna brought us together for a reason and with those goblins appearing a secound time, this must be our destiny."

Tequin tries to be all formal.

stack
2013-05-19, 12:18 PM
Rath shakes his head. "Forget destiny, I need a drink."

Halae
2013-05-19, 05:09 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli will go over to the sheriff, looking grim, "I'm afraid finding Tsuto here confirms my suspicions about Someone being corrupt enough to let the goblins. Do you have any idea what he stood to gain though? people always have a purpose for things, even if said purpose is merely "He's crazy"."

Bhaakon
2013-05-19, 06:16 PM
"Well, revenge is a good motive. His fa... that is, Longiku is upstairs, dead, and Ameiko likely would have joined him if you hadn't stopped him." Helmoc speculates. "Though he wouldn't have needed to involve the whole town just for personal revenge. Rest assured that there will be a thorough interrogation."

"Also, I couldn't help but notice that you relieved him of his weapons and coin--don't worry, the guard certainly has no claim on your spoils--but was he carrying anything else?"

Halae
2013-05-19, 06:42 PM
Eli and Kurambis

Eli nods, and brings out the journal, "He had this with him. I was intending to go over it with you and the rest of the group when we finished up here."

Cleavon
2013-05-19, 08:46 PM
Salek

Shaking his head the Half-Orc could hardly care of a motive beyond revenge for Tsutos actions. At least they had stopped him from killing anyone else. The inclusion of the entire town did seem a little strange. Maybe the Sheriff and Eli would find some bigger plot looming. He'd deal with that if it came to it, not exactly being one for sussing out such matters.

He turned to the Sheriff to give him a small bit of advice.

"Be careful with Tsuto there, he punches hard. So if he gets a hand free he'll be pretty dangerous."

Zefir
2013-05-20, 04:43 AM
Tequin clears his troat to get a bit of attention. Damn old dust down here.

"May I remind that, it is possible that he was the one who broke into the grave? The only thing I wonder is. Where did he take the remainings of the old priest?"

Halae
2013-05-20, 06:24 AM
[Eli and Kurambis]

"It's not here, at least. We should check his home as well. If it's not there either, we have another contributor to this problem. Given Tsuto, I'd say that he's been handling affairs here in Sandpoint, but now that he's been arrested someone new will come in to either take his place or get started on different schemes. I wish this was the end of it, but I simply don't believe that."

"Sheriff, my recommendation is to keep tabs on anybody new to the city. Regular merchants and travelers that are well known are probably fine, but anybody unusual coming into the city should be monitored."

stack
2013-05-20, 07:05 AM
Rath leans wearily against the wall. "Had enough of this. Let's go to the dragon. I'll buy." I'm a hunter, not a guard or an adventurer. Cash in my share and get out of this nonsense. Move to Magnimar if I have to, this place is getting strange.

Bhaakon
2013-05-20, 03:15 PM
"We always keep tabs on the suspicious type, but we'll start looking at everyone new." Says Hemlock, "unfortunately, Tsuto doesn't have a house in town that I know of. He hasn't lived here since his father had him sent to that boarding school."

"Look, my men can handle the cleanup here. Why don't you escort Lady Kaijitsu back to her room at the Rusty Dragon, break your fast, and catch you breath. You've done a fine job in uncovering Tsuto, so I'll let you read over that journal and see if there are any clues on his associates. Bring it back to the garrison later and we can confront him with what you find."

stack
2013-05-20, 03:27 PM
Unless anyone stops him, Rath leads the way to the tavern, moving in broody silence.